[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Order Of The Armoured Heart - Nuns With Glaives
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 16
File: 1448406294011s.jpg (2 KB, 93x125) Image search: [Google]
1448406294011s.jpg
2 KB, 93x125
>Last time on this thread!
We came up with a name, basic back story, and even got some art from a nameless drawfag (We salute you graceful anon).

Update for those just coming in: Building on an idea I had and with the help of a few kindly anons, the Order Of The Armoured heart was born, a Sororitas order primarily devoted to CQC combat, with their regular soldiers eschewing power armour in favour of monks robes and carapace armour.

Previous thread: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/43805023/

Pic drawn by kindly anon depicting sister Alyysia carrying her power halberd.

Pastes of stories and basic Order profile:
http://pastebin.com/gxGrHPuK
http://pastebin.com/mRDdd6J7
http://pastebin.com/FQTGxJfd
>>
File: 1448406294011.jpg (109 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1448406294011.jpg
109 KB, 720x960
Properly sized pic, sorry
>>
In any case, now we're probably looking to come up with significant events in the Order's history, victories, defeats, campaigns taken part it...
>>
Any suggestions would be welcome, so far in the previous thread we've had the idea of the Order's relics, twin power swords, being gifted to them by their founder, a princess of a feudal world who helped defeat a chaos cult with Imperial help
>>
>Sister Octavia Vs Eldar Wych
http://pastebin.com/Ase95pxA
>>
Guess I must've posted the thread a little too early before all the people who responded last night were on, huh? :/
>>
>>43823062
Probably.
>>
>>43823110
Well, at least there's one person now :P And yeah, as I said, thanks for the pic, I hadn't really expected somebody to take to the idea so much enough to draw it.
>>
Going sans power armour seems like a bad plan for melee troops. You lose the protection and the extra power of the power armour.

It's also an issue mechanically as it means you need to do a lot more tinkering with units in order to get them working. As it is, you could easily have had them be a 0 cost tradeout of Bolter for CCW + Boltpistol (Or a really cheap upgrade to power weapons as human stats are not good for melee)
>>
>>43823159
Mmm, well it's established they're quicker out of the power armour, and the more unique uses of weapons would be better against lightly armoured enemies such as Dark Eldar Wyches. That and they do have heavily armoured troops designed to soak up the brunt of firepower and fight on par with armoured marines or daemons, and Auxiliary troops providing cover fire for them.
>>
Have you decided how to represent them on the tabletop?
>>
>>43823181

SOB power armour isn't really slow. Heck, it's used by some of the fastest humans about (Seraphim). It's not like Terminator armour.
>>
>>43823120
Judjing by the quality of the drawing you would have been better without it but whatever.
>>
>>43823196
I was never that good with crunch, I always stuck more with fluff, don't get me wrong, had an army of guardsmen, but spent more time writing than actually playing with them. My mates do know more about the rules so they could probably help rattle something it, I'd guess low BS, since they'd still have hand flamers and meltas against Armour, but better Close combat modifiers and maybe something to represent their armour being designed specifically for melee combat (Different modifiers for melee compared to ranged?).
>>
>>43823216
Comparatively speaking I mean, an un armoured person can dodge easier than an armoured person, even taking into account the fact it's an exo skeleton it's represented as being more viable because it's not as tiring as using normal armour and contributes to the user's strength. That and power armour seems to vary in how effective it is against Mono-blades and power swords, so in close combat it'd be just as effective to go without for increased mobility.
>>
>>43823220
Don't beat yourself up Anon, I'm not artist, but the proportions are good and it gives a nice, clean idea of what the armour would look like.
>>
>>43823403
Drawing is not something I do as a hobby in my free time, it is a job for me. If I don't make this job well, it is not going to pay in the future.
I'll come up with better art for this.
>>
>>43823440
Well, more art would be nice....but don't feel pressured to do so just because you think your work is substandard.
>>
Anyhoo, new idea for Mother Superior Brunhilde, Order's best spear user, unfortunately got fucked over badly by a Wych cult leader she tried to take on alone and ended up getting infected with a nasty poison, only barely survived by chance but heavily wounded and can't go into combat for too long or the stress will kill her. Still the best combatant, but her second in Command, who I've yet to figure out who will be, is the de facto leader now.
>>
>>43823689
Right then, assuming Brunhilde took up the title of "Mother Superior", since she was no longer fit for combat, it can be assumed that whilst the Canoness Superior is De facto combat leader and the "Official" leader, Brunhilde still leads spiritually. "Canoness Superior Boudicea, born on a feral world and raised as an orphan, some say by wild dogs, is the most combatant and hot headed Sister of the Order, part of it's heavily armoured main troop she wears full powered armour and wields one of the Order's sacred power swords and a massive shield, supposedly capable of absorbing small artillery fire and deflecting many weapons. Boudicea distuingished herself during the fallback from Hive Praxia by managing to hold off a Daemon incursion from the center of the city long enough for artillery to bury the hive whole, along with her and her remaining comrade, Sister Alyysia. However, two days later she limped, power armour batteries depleted, to Imperial lines carrying Alyysia over her shoulder, making sure she could receive medical attention before collapsing from exhaustion."
>>
>>43823440
And saying you think your work is "Substandard" probably sounded worse....ah jeez...
>>
>>43823997
/tg/ would be a better place if people actually didn't praise the drawfag for everything they do. If you willing do something free it is not an excuse to make a bad drawing. Also, working.
>>
>>43824246
I can understand that, I guess a lot of us are either just easily impressed, or don't really understand the creative process all that well, and it looks nice, unnamed sister, the one in the previous pic or somebody entirely new?
>>
>>43824320
The first one has a eyepatch on the right eye, this one clearly does not.
Lot of us don't draw, anon. It is like when you can't drive and see people driving at 100mph and think woah, fucking magic.
>>
>>43824366
Sorry, don't know why but assumed it was an exaggerated shadow on the eye :/ And yeah, I do have a friend who draws, and he's always really nervous and hates people looking at what he draws mid process, even though we're always saying it's good.
>>
>>43824246
On a side note, I like the perspective, lets us see the expression clearly.
>>
>>43822377
>half-built tractors…

dose are some ominous tractors anon...

typo para 3 "he common cloth of an Eldar Wych"

combats a little procedural with the this happened then this happened then this happened, work on the flow

not bad
>>
Real life is slowing me down. As are the actual things that I am suppose to draw.
Wonder if this thread will not die before I am done here, I hope not.
>>
>>43825051
Thanks, and yeah, I do tend to write procedurally, I'm thinking perhaps if I gave more time to dialogue and thoughts in between actions that might help? And yeah, I need to watch the periods, else I might end up with an ominous cookie or something :P
>>
>++Inquisitorial Report on the events in Orbiting Penitentiary #656++
>Rioters within the prison gained the upper hand during what appeared to be a standard disturbance, quickly escalated into prisoners taking control of the entire station. Reports of warp activity from deep within the prison, Sororitas forces requested and received, "Order Of The Armoured Heart", lightly equipped squad sent in to fight their way through the varying blocks of the prison, reached the main warden's office within a day via a mix of stealth and brute force.
>Sororitas Forces discovered a dark ritual attempting to summon a khornate demon, attempted to fight their way to control computer in order to initiate self-destruct, only survivor to reach the computer escape was one, "Sister Alyysia".
>Outcome: Death of all prisoners and all but 1 of Sororitas squad, Sister Alyysia promoted to Canoness on Canoness' Superiors' orders.
>>
>>43825791
computer/escape*
>>
File: Dao.jpg (110 KB, 1497x951) Image search: [Google]
Dao.jpg
110 KB, 1497x951
>>43825060
>power dao

yis
>>
>>43826039
Definitely cooler than the regular Western broadsword I had imagined :P
>>
>>
>>43826158
Sorry, bigger- still not good, not any good at all.
>>
File: everything is burning.gif (1021 KB, 500x350) Image search: [Google]
everything is burning.gif
1021 KB, 500x350
>>43825791
>self destruct

h-how did she escape?
>>
>>43826199
Ah, pic's a little blurry, don't suppose you can take another? And it looks fine to me, though the cross guard's a bit big...then again I suppose it'd be better for sword-fighting rather than the smaller one in the photo above.
>>
File: cutlasshilt.jpg (36 KB, 600x327) Image search: [Google]
cutlasshilt.jpg
36 KB, 600x327
>>43826267
maybe some sorta hinged kunuckleguard thing?
>>
>>43826267
I am actually knowledgeable about weaponry- at least chinese one that is- I just happened to see a powersword with a very long crossguard and since 4oK is all about exaggerating to me, I copied it.
See if this is better?
>>
>>43826387
I am bad at being a human being.
>>
>>43826209
In the time honoured, Imperial tradition, passed down through generations of soldiers in service to Kings, Queens, and the Emperor himself.
I believe Ciaphas Cain put it best...
>"Run like Frak!"
>And so Sister Alyysia did, perhaps not out of fear, but more of a desire to honour her fallen comrades by being the unintentional harbinger of the cultists doom as she sliced her way through crowds of the scum pursued by an oncoming fireball, truly she displayed the grace fighters of the Order are well known for when she uttered her famous quote as she boarded the escape shuttle....
>"For the love of the living Saint, I am not dying up here without telling of my Sister's honoured sacrifices! Now punch it!"
>>
>>43826408
Last try
>>
>>43826429
Great, and yeah, I would've stuck with a smaller guard, but it does give it a unique look certainly, the bags under her eyes are a nice touch, no exactly a "Tireless Warrior" it seems, someone needs a hot cup of Ovaltine and a fluffy pillow.
>>
File: Sister_of_Battles_in_Combat.jpg (865 KB, 713x1023) Image search: [Google]
Sister_of_Battles_in_Combat.jpg
865 KB, 713x1023
>>43826428
I personally would've gone with the conveniently placed assault pack and dove flock

but this is very very good
>>
>>43826451
It is something I do. I don't know why. Oh well, maybe because I tend to draw people having to deal with trouble 24/7. (like pic related. Which is from the comic book I am actually working on.)
>>
>>43826451
>>43826387

It's her "fuck shit up" spike
>>
>>43826531
Indeed, Boudicea strikes me as the kind of person with the Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance OST on full blast whenever she's fighting someone.
>>
>>43826528
Ovaltine and naps for everyone, so say all of us.
>>
So, what stories of the Order Of The Armoured Heart would /tg/ like to hear about next?
>>
File: sob HEAVY flamer.jpg (473 KB, 819x650) Image search: [Google]
sob HEAVY flamer.jpg
473 KB, 819x650
>>43826658
>mfw that becomes an order commandment
>>
>>43826764
That's the face of a chill Sister of Battle who's had at least 10 hours of sleep.
>>
Though I'm still wondering if I should get all this collected somewhere like 1d4chan, though I'm not sure if we've got enough fluff here to warrant an article...
>>
>>43826945
I'd say yes, it was good enough to be recorded somewhere.
>>
>>43827300
Right, I'll get this thread archived when it eventually runs out of steam sometime at 3 in the morning and try and hammer out an article with my ass-backwards knowledge of editing.
>>
>>43827352
'till then I'll write up a little something to leave you fags with to whet your appetite
>>
>++Report On The Dark Eldar Raid on Firra++
>After a warp tunnel was opened above the capital hive and Kabalite raiders began their assault, they met stiff resistance from Guard Units and an honour guard of Sororitas from the Order Of The Armoured Heart, led by newly installed Canoness Superior "Boudicea", who was observed to duel with the Archon of the Kabal atop the Governor's spire whilst her fellow Sororitas fought below her.
>At the climax of the battle, the Canoness was observed by a Guard sniper to have been blinded by a stun grenade, however, in the midst of what appeared to be gloating, the Archon was charged by her and stabbed through the chest to the hilt with the Order's relic sword, sending the pair falling from the spire and through a "Tantalus" designated skimmer, which promptly was driven in a spiralling arc down into the side of the hive.
>Canoness Superior Boudicea was found alive, but badly concussed and with numerous broken bones, protected by her power armour she had been wearing for the Ceremony the Order was due to take part in, and received a commendation and a month's time to recuperate.
>This time was halved to 2 weeks after extensive medicae work and she was back in the field, now declaring Power armour to be used by the most experienced sword users in the Order for similar situations.
>Observations: Boudicea seems quite optimistic to assume other Sisters will have the same luck or skill she had to duel an Archon... - Inquisitor Denland.

++Thought For The Day: No tool is a tool unused to destroy the heretic++
>>
File: sister of battle poink.png (137 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
sister of battle poink.png
137 KB, 800x600
>>43827927
yis
>>
>>43828053
>Note: Sister Alyysia, I think we should probably delete the quote attributed to the canoness which implies....well...
>Canoness Superior Boudicea was heard to say, "By The Star Of Terra these chest plates need more padding, I swear when I ran that bastard through he heard my nipples impact the metal as they hardened!"
>Octavia, I couldn't agree more, I don't think anyone outside the Order needs to know of it, despite it's likely humorous intentions...
>>
>>43828108
Emprah bless you Chronicler of the Boudicea Saga
>>
>>43828315
There shall be more tomorrow, same thread time, same thread place, but now, I must away. Fret not, the tales shall continue of a woman so bad-ass her nipples count as anti armour weapons.
>>
File: sob4.jpg (228 KB, 561x1016) Image search: [Google]
sob4.jpg
228 KB, 561x1016
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.