[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Roll 20 Madness
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38
File: Roll 20.jpg (24 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Roll 20.jpg
24 KB, 400x400
So this anon was browsing roll20 for some WoD games and I stumble upon this little diamond
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/35518/thursday-night-gothic-punk

>Rules making anyone but him the ST
>Castrating Character Creation
>That "Interviewed by a Munchkin" topic
>Experience rewards are even worse

So what's the worst set of houserules you've ever had to deal with, /tg/?
Also, roll20 horror stories.
>>
>>43821561
Jesus Christ...

I dont have a story to top that man...

Im fucking showing this to my group right now.

>So what's the worst set of houserules you've ever had to deal with, /tg/
Pathfinder 45pt buy "Homebrew Gestalt" (basically every level you gain all the benifits of 2 different classes. features, saves everything) with all 3rd party and 3.5 dnd material allowed but Gunslinger still banned

>roll20 horror stories
being late to a game that was advertised as "serious roleplayers only", and jumping into the skype call just in time to hear the DM describing in detail the effects of the wizard casting unnatural lust on a rhino. that was the first player death.
>>
>>43821561
>roll20 horror stories
Well i GM'ed for a group of Players once because they needed a GM and i thought to myself "Why the fuck not"
The Charakters were more than horrible and 2 of 4 Players where Meme spewing Madman that thought Chaotic Evil is the Best Aliginment
>>
>>43821860
>Saw a group looking for a GM to run a published adventure
>listed 15 published adventures thye would be interested in
>offer to GM, tell them i'd like to run Serpent's Skull since it is on this list
>guy #1:'awe well we were really hoping you would run rise of the runelords'
>me:'I read rise of the runelords and thought it was a poor adventure personaly with far to much handholding'
>guy #1'I didnt get that impression when I read it'
>guy #2 'neither did i'
>me: "so you guys have read it already. Im def not gonna run an adventure you have both already read, where is the fun in that?'
>guy #1 'well we really want you to run rise of the runelords, we both already rolled characters'
>me: 'I dont do rolling, I use point buy'
>silence
>guy #1: 'well we already made chars'
>me: 'if im going to run for you im going to run what I want, and it isnt gonna be an adventure you have read, and you will need to generate new characters in front of me if you insist on using rolling instead'
>silence
>guy #2: ya this inst going to work out
>me: no shit

why do people make game listings if they arent going to run them themselves?
>>
>>43821561
>Castrating Character Creation
for a moment I thought you meant that your character could be an eunuch.
That'd be hilarious.
How would a castrated vampire work
>>
>>43821958
Not very well since they regrow body parts when embraced.
>>
>>43821965
Thought you stayed as you where embraced.

I need to get a good WoD group for one or two oneshots.
>>
>>43821965
I though all vampire mythology stated that vampires had no sexual organs (or they are at least rendered useless as vampires reproduce via biting)
>>
>>43821985
Pretty sure they could put benis in bagina, but putting it didn't give kids since they're barren.
>>
>>43821985
WoD vampires can have sex.
Hell NWoD can still have children sometimes.
>>
>>43821997
that would be hard considering the penis is supposed to rot away as part of the transformation, or at least be rendered useless

I guess i could see neckbeards being into that. shriveled limp dick sitting loosley in a dry, cold vag, unshavible pubic hair manes who friction is the only warmth in the room. sounds about right
>>
>>43822038
Depends on the version, the nowdays common one they can shape-shift and get rejuvenated by blood (kinda) and are sexual since they're mostly derivated by bram stocker's.

Otherwise depends on folklore but you're right, most of them are corpses or demons.
>>
>>43822038
This is WoD we're talking about, everybody but the Nossies and Tzimisce are sexy vampires, so they need genitals.
>>
>>43822125
It'd still be funny if they were impotent/had no dicks
>Date human girl
>About to sex her, put lights out and reach for the strap on
>She puts the light on
>???
>>
>>43822103
>>43822125

Fair enough. ive never played or really read much on WoD. I like my vampires as horrible demon-possessed blood drinking corpses.

It is such a shame what happened to vampires over the years... it isnt just twilight's fault, tho that is now the name easiest to blame. started big time with that anne rice bitch...

It so bad that last time I put a vampire into one of my games I had a player say "oh not this twilight bullshit".

There is too much edward in the world and not enough nosferatu
>>
File: 1435428087765.jpg (113 KB, 500x489) Image search: [Google]
1435428087765.jpg
113 KB, 500x489
>>43821945
>we want you to run us an easy adventure weve already read
>>
>>43821791
That doesn't sound so bad, considering the Gunslinger could be a fluff thing.
>>
>>43822184
>tfw new legacy of kain never
Still one of my favourites vamp games
>>
>>43822292
>a Rhino rapes a character to death in the first few seconds of me joining the call
>That doesn't sound so bad

Gunslinger was not a fluff thing, GM though Gunslinger was the most OP class in the game so it was banned. cant go ruining all that perfectly good 45pt buy gestalt double wizard fun with unbalanced rules amirite?
>>
>>43822292
>45pt buy
>Gestalt
>All 3rd party material allowed
>Material from a completely different game allowed

>doesn't sound so bad

You, sir, are on crack.
>>
>>43822425
I like to play broken things from time to time.
>>
>>43822432
I'm with this guy, 3.5 and all its derivatives are so hopelessly imbalanced that trying to level the playing field is a fools errand. I have the most fun when all semblance of giving a single fuck about balance is thrown out the window and we can all run around as practically unstoppable demigods.

We use other systems for more serious roleplay but when we need high-fantasy Gestalt Pathfinder is my group's go to.
>>
>>43821561
>Also, roll20 horror stories.

I once ran into a DM running a perpetual world, town-building campaign in Pathfinder that treated the game like a wish fulfillment Freeform RP forum.

I could write up a story, but the gist of what happened was I played a third party non-combat class to maximize crafting (and become the town's big-dick rich guy) but eventually the DM caught wind of what was happening, became enraged my character was working with his Tiefling waifu, and wound up killing my guy in anger.
>>
>want to play Shadowrun
>new to game, but I've read 2D and the fluff stories in the book
>find GM taking new players
>make a dumb character, but try to keep him low profile by fluff
>GM rewrites my backstory to be high bounty extractee
>learn this a few minutes before first session
>this never comes into play because
>"You all meet at a bar. The Johnson will be here in 5 minutes."
>5 Minutes of real time later, the Johnson sits down.
>New players, new runners, no prior experience on either side of reality
>the Johnson haggles at us, taking the pay down to almost nothing
>the Johnson sneers at us for being so rookie
>GM says, "You all get in the van. Introduce yourselves."
>NOW we get to actually talk to each other.
>Get most of the intros out of the way when
>"Random encounter time."
>"Large paracritter in the highway. You swerve (driver rolls), you crash. You and you are thrown. The paracritter attacks."
>1 nearly fatal casualty and 2 wounded later, it runs away
>"You get back in the van. A few minutes later you arrive at the run site. Start your run."
>the group dissolved that night after a long argument because a player misworded his intent to throw a grenade at a specific time and the GM just straight up said he killed himself.
>>
>>43822527
That's ... not good

What is the motivation for the GM? Like is there something to be gained out of killing the players?

I like to make things hard for my players and give them that sense of accomplishment when overcoming the trouble. But my goal is never to just kill them because of a simple mistake.
>>
>>43822568
After much thought and several more games with this GM (I was brand fucking new to the hobby at the time), I figured out what his deal was. He was using players as entertainment. He would set up fight scenes and then herd us along until we got the the start of them. If we used any foresight or agency to gather information, make plans or just gain any edges out of combat, he would throw a "random" encounter at us. he was just such a horrible fucking GM that we never actually got to any of the extended dice throwing sessions that he seem to have wanted. And, between sessions, he would brag about how awesome and adventurous his life was. He once said that he was going to be away for a few days while he was hunting rhinos with his uncle on a safari; not kidding, that's what he said. Of course, this was initially suspicious as he also said that he couldn't get (afford) a new headset to actually talk to us.
>>
>>43822691
I thought at first maybe he was a ''Me versus Them'' GM but holy fuck thats so much worse
>>
>>43821965
>>43821958
If I recall, WoD vampires don't feel arousal as humans do but can give themselves erections at will. So not having balls wouldn't really be a hindrance.
>>
>>43822809
>Erections
>At will
Now I'm imagining vampire dick-control related magic shows or parlor tricks.
>>
File: sp.gif (697 KB, 585x329) Image search: [Google]
sp.gif
697 KB, 585x329
>>43822830
>>
>>43822830
>>43822809
That's not quite how it works. The skill is called Blush of Life and makes you "Human" for all physical and physiological purposes. It's not quite "at will" in the sense that the regular rules for arousal apply.
>>43821958
>for a moment I thought you meant that your character could be an eunuch.
>That'd be hilarious.
Perfectly valid character if you're playing in historical China, to be fair.

>>43821561
>tfw still refraining from GMing because afraid I'll become one of those horror GM, not to mention that I can't run voice changers very well on my hardware which would make voice calls kind of a bad experience
Fug.
>>
>>43822910
Exactly.
>>
>>43822924
Voice changers get boring quickly.
>>
File: satan_is_calling.jpg (13 KB, 422x114) Image search: [Google]
satan_is_calling.jpg
13 KB, 422x114
>worst houserules

I had to deal with a guy that changed the way experience was rewarded mid-game, because he didn't know how a Flaw giving me extra xp worked. The more I explained, the more he tried to justify his "reasoning" on why I was a "rollplayer", despite my character having more personality than his girlfriend's "I go to NPC and I ask him a question" character. who always got rewarded with anything.

The way he made these rules was... something. Experience was now rewarded on the spot instead at the end of the game, something that can't work in nWoD. The worst part is that he removed completely the roleplaying gain completely and replaced it with petty successes in the story. People would get a single point each session, performing stupid shit like "fed", "got drunk and went home", "followed the NPC that we have no reason to trust" and so on. Game died two sessions later.

>>43821561
>Interviewed by a Munchkin
>"This post is not about me trying to prove anything to Happy Mask Salesman."
>Gets sarcastic with him

What is wrong with the people on that website?
>>
>>43823164
>What is wrong with the people on that website?

Autism.

Legitimate, Diagnosed Autism.
>>
lets be real

has anyone had a positive experience from the roll20 lfg?
>>
File: Mutants and Masterminds.png (522 KB, 1200x533) Image search: [Google]
Mutants and Masterminds.png
522 KB, 1200x533
>>43823804
I have.
Found the best group ever.
>>
>>43823804
I have. Three games running and soon a 4th game run by me and so far the people have be nice, funny and not completely fucking off their rockers (except one, but not in an autistic manner).
>>
>>43823804
My experiences with roll20 can be summed up as

>50% flakes
>40% psychopaths
>8% cowardly people
>2% that one amazing group
>>
>>43823804
I have had good experiences and very bad experiences.

As a DM, I started interviewing people before accepting them in to the game. Help a ton to weed out the crazies

the crazies are not as common as /tg/ would have you believe, but... Ive had a DM that forcibly turned the party into furries and send us back (?) in time to the furry-redcoat war of independence to save abe lincon... who was a anthropomorphic fennic fox AND the DM's self inset.

On the other hand, Ive also met the best DM ive ever played with. he was almost 70 and retired with nothing better to do. taught me everything I know and had some great times as he ran us through converted ADnD modules.

find games on roll20 is like being on 4chan. Mostly shit, but you can still find diamonds.
>>
>>43822372
>super serious
>pervert wizard kills party member with a rhino erection
I like where this is going.
>>
>>43824183

Maybe the GM meant he was super serious.
As in, he was in it to the end.
No turning back.
>>
>>43824569
That reminds me, still need to finish that Towergirls campaign for D&D 5E I've been working on...
Thanks.
>>
File: this post right here.gif (446 KB, 300x186) Image search: [Google]
this post right here.gif
446 KB, 300x186
>>43824180
I agree with this notion.
>>
The WoD community for Roll20 is fucking awful. Here's a list of the worst.

Bad GM’s:
Zentha C. (https://app.roll20.net/users/544195/zentha-c): Vicissitude is a virus a la Dirty Secrets of the Black Hand. And she's a huge cunt.
Cheshire Cat (https://app.roll20.net/users/20463/cheshire-cat): Terrible at running a story and awful at lore, one of the worst GM’s played with
Apokh (https://app.roll20.net/users/217376/apokh): Captain snorefest the GM, can't keep a schedule, 3 players fell asleep first session
Yvon R. (https://app.roll20.net/users/572805/yvon-r): This guy is a huge fucking asshole and has an ego so big that they could be monuments to it.
The Dungeon Mistress (https://app.roll20.net/users/501592/igari-d): Words can’t describe how bad she is, but she treats her players like they’re 5 years old and acts like a fucking cheerleader. She has to be center of attention and everything you say or do is a matter of opinion. Avoid her and anyone she associates with.
Wade C. (https://app.roll20.net/users/64637/wade-c): Apparently he’s terrible at running games and min-maxing is a huge problem in his games. He also ends a game and starts a new one every week
Malkav (https://app.roll20.net/users/878533/a-malkav): Words can’t describe how terrible of a GM this man is. If you could genetically engineer stupid people, this guy would be the result.
>>
>>43825333
>Zentha C. (https://app.roll20.net/users/544195/zentha-c): Vicissitude is a virus a la Dirty Secrets of the Black Hand. And she's a huge cunt.
Should mention that she changed her name to Lady Lasombra. She's a huge SJW and is known for joining and usurping games with her squad of boy toys. One GM had to stop his game for 2 weeks. She usurped him, gave all her boytoys tens of XP, and caused 10 players to quit within a week.
>>
>>43825333

I don't. I don't understand.
I used to play text exclusively and, even when I was new, I never got reactions like these guys.
>>
>>43825490
Problem is you're using text. When you use voice, you can hear how insane people are.
>>
>>43825333
I have had Zentha C, Wade C, and The Dungeon mistress all apply for my games.

Their applications and character were packed with red flags as well as blatantly ignoring character creation rules.

Wade C was even kind enough send me some passive aggressive messages after his unsuccessful interview.

Two I would add to your list are
BloodDragon - basically Virtualopium minus the guro and track on a HUGE obsession with dragons. (When I told him I wanted to play a Dragonborn he informed me that I would have to learn some Draconic phrases to say from him. yes, he claimed to speak draconic and would often talk to himself in his wierd gutteral made up language during this game... it was horrible. Also banned a player who wanted to play a bard because he refuses to sing for him

also Janison. true blue powergamer/rules lawyer with zero interest in roleplaying. refuses to participate in anything that wasnt combat. ulitmately the reason my last group agreed to disband and me to stop DMing or playing for 8 months
>>
>>43825675
Got a link to their roll20 accounts?
>>
>>43825701
yup

BloodDragon - https://app.roll20.net/users/414509/blooddragon

Janison - https://app.roll20.net/users/408202/janison
>>
>>43825748
Added them to the list.
>>
>>43825748
btw on BloodDragon that bit about "I am down to run my campaign I have been working on for the last ten years, "

ya... that is his dragon dominate stone age homebrew where if you dare to play anything that isnt a red dragon you will literally be fucked to death.

It also isnt his. its put togther from his last GM's game that he pulled out of a burning fire after making that DM ragequit his own game. He has been trying to piece it together for 2 years, not working on it for 10.
>>
>>43825365
I remember that incident. Was one of the players who quit that game. She pretty much ran out every camarilla player.
>>
Worst roll 20 story, was playing a tech priest in a rogue trader game.
> We go to random planet to explore the ruins.
>Find weird sword.
>Sword apparently psionically active.
>Closet Psyker picks up sword. Has strange reaction.
>Get's possessed by the blade for a moment.
>We think demon weapon point weapons at psyker just in case.
>GMPC rogue trader calms down psyker due to own psyker shittery. Apparently half eldar.
>Apparently GMPC and Psyker player are in lesbian relationship. Both in and out of character.
>Psyker says sword is not demon possessed. Has an AI in it instead.
>U_wut_m8.jpg
>Go full on firewall defensive mode because Abominable Intelligence
>Gm pulls mind dickey to prevent me from doing anything hostile to the sword at the time.
>Rig up plan with bro in the game to destroy the sword for the greater good.
>Eventually get sword blown up without getting caught in character.
>GM and Psyker girl are pissed.
>Bro calms things down with well placed arguments that it's what the mechanicus would do. Because AI are equivalent to the devil for them
>Move on. GM still tries to get my character killed at any chance. Luck of the dice and quick thinking save me.
>Make plan to destroy Xeno-hybrid traitors and her dynasty to bring an end to the tech-heresy.
>Eventually we reach her Dynasty's homeworld. Few minor events. Go up to space, built the ship myself to be good at taking out enemy ships.
>Run into a ship in orbit trying to destroy us.
>Destroy the enemy in one turn. Get max damage and max crit roll.
>Warp core blows up.
>Bro Pilot manages to get us out of the way.
>Her home planet, which we were above is not so lucky due.
>Get's caught up in warp storm. Destroys her entire dynasty.
>Plans derailed due to dumb luck. Happy either way.
>Game ends due to GM having emotional difficulties.

Glad I found my current group, I mean sure they can be shitlords at times but at least they're entertaining shitlords.
>>
>>43826426
>half eldar

She doesn't think that Lofn is canon, does she?
>>
>>43826515
Don't think she knew that even existed at one point. Otherwise she probably would of known that Mechanicus are very anti AI.
>>
>>43825333
>The Dungeon Mistress (https://app.roll20.net/users/501592/igari-d): Words can’t describe how bad she is, but she treats her players like they’re 5 years old and acts like a fucking cheerleader. She has to be center of attention and everything you say or do is a matter of opinion. Avoid her and anyone she associates with.

Uh oh. I just got in a Shadowrun game being ran by her. Is she really that bad? She seemed good during the interview. The first session is Saturday, I can let you guys know how it goes if this thread is still alive.
>>
>>43826928
Let us know, brother. Remember to shoot straight, conserve ammo, and never trust a dragon.
>>
>>43827060
Thanks. Here's hoping no news is good news, but if not, hopefully it'll at least make an interesting story.
>>
>>43826928
flake it, no game is better than a bad game
>>
>>43826928
Dude, she's terrible. She's insanely controlling. Avoid her at all costs. Her friends are all boytoys that she uses to keep attention on herself.

She got mad at me for trying to tell newbies to not play Demons for their first OWoD game (because Demon is terribly done rules wise). She calls herself the fucking Dungeon Mistress man.
>>
>>43825365
>>43826059

How exactly does she run out people who don't agree with her, especially in a game that isn't run by her?

I don't know, I feel like I know how to pick up on shit because I've never ran into a problem DM I didn't know about right away.
>>
>>43822372
Dual-revolvers are fucking insane on a Paladin.
>>
>>43825823
>Red dragon only
Fuck that if I have to play as a monster I will be the edgiest one.

Demilich, dracolich or death dragon or someshit.
>>
>>43826515
Reminder in the only GOOD version of 40k, they're canon.
>And space marine lol
>>
>>43827451
It was supposed to be a city setting game. With 3 GMs working together to run 3 factions. She volunteered to be one of the assistants slowly started putting more of her people in charge and grabbing what power she could. She would get angry whenever someone questioned one of her decisions, even if it was just asking for clarification. She pretty much put every camarilla player on lock-down and said it was because we were toxic to the rest of the game, even though we were nothing but polite to everyone. When we asked her to provide proof she'd try to change the subject, or just give some generalized thing. She'd make up lies about how she was severing in the US military but when one of our guys asked what unit she was with and where she was stationed it didn't exist and when he called her out on it he was kicked almost immediately. She's a liar and a wretch who'll go to any lengths to try to get attention.
>>
>>43828316
Yeah way back in OG RT days, back when everyone had Mohawks and Space Dwarves rode trains of guns.
>>
>>43827247
And this was a Demon in a mixed super natural party. One of which the person is a werewolf. Like that immediately would of pinged off as wyrm tainted.
>>
>>43828399
And space marines were GALAXY POLICE.
>>
>>43822184
>It is such a shame what happened to vampires over the years... it isnt just twilight's fault, tho that is now the name easiest to blame. started big time with that anne rice bitch...
You surely meant Bram Stoker.
>>
>>43821958
>How would a castrated vampire work
I never heard of a vampire bitting people on their necks with his balls.
>>
>>43828356
Sounds like you have a raging hate-boner, son.
>>
>>43833412
As someone who's talked to her in the past, that's a common reaction to her.
>>
>>43825333
any game listing written by Wade C is gold to read
but it should also tell you all you need to know about whether you want to participate in it
His latest one seems to have dropped, which is a shame.
>>
There really is nothing that tires me out more than players or groups of players who already have characters rolled before they even have a DM.

As a rule, I always throw those out full stop.

I just started with a new group, and I spent like, 2 weeks with them explaining all my basic rules and preferences that I've developed over the years on Roll20. You can tell it bowled them over with stuff to take on board, the difficult part is explaining that they're all things I've learned over time that only serve to make the game better for everyone involved.
>>
>>43835087
I'm in a game with her atm. She's dramatic andoverly talkative but not disruptive to the game
Sure the game isn't much to write home about, but it's not bad either.
>>
>>43821978
... I can't stand one shots. It usually takes me a session or two to shake out how I want a character to be. One shots just aren't enough story.
>>
>>43823804
Well, I was part of a fun Roll20 campaign, but the GM vanished after getting married. One of the other players is planning to start a new game with the same core group though.
>>
File: 1446345326500.png (563 KB, 420x586) Image search: [Google]
1446345326500.png
563 KB, 420x586
>>43824180
>War of independence
>To save Abraham Lincoln
>>
>>43825786
Since you're talking GMs, do you have a good GM list? And any opinion on this guy. https://app.roll20.net/users/1014659/jeremy-s
>>
>>43826426
You got a good story out of it, and she didn't use GM fiat to make things go her way, so actually doesn't sound that bad.
>>
>>43827224
>no game is better than a bad game
Clearly you get to play regularly.
>>
>>43836673
>2 weeks of house rules

Nope.jpg
>>
>>43837000
That's not what I said. It took 2 weeks because they had already had pre-rolled characters for a campaign I wasn't running, and when I proposed playing a one-shot the first week while they built characters for the actual campaign, they didn't want to do that because they didn't want to whip up simple characters for a one-shot game, and so that week's session ended up not being anything.

Also, I wouldn't call anything a "house rule". I don't actually make any changes to the system at all, it's really just "Read the setting material, then talk to me about your character one-on-one before the session". Which apparently is something players cannot ever do.
>>
>>43836909
Worst part is he claimed to have a Master's Degree in American History yet I, as a Canadian, knew more about american history than him. He also refuses to acknowledge the existence of General Lafayette. But ya, Lincoln fighting in the War of Independence took the cake.
>>
>>43837043
Oh, okay then. You should have just dropped them, cause reading setting if you don't know it should be a given. You never roll out of view for character creation. It sucks, cause roll20's RNG can be as unforgiving as ours, (hello 1 HP ADND fighter) but nothing else makes sense.
>>
>>43837191
>refuses to acknowledge the existence of General Lafayette
How? Was he something?
>>
>>43837258
Was he 14 or something?*
>>
>>43837267
No he was 28. He just refused to acknowledge that the french could have had anything to do with American Independence. Every time I brought up his name he would just keep repeating "No, thats not a real person" over and over till I stopped.

Wish I could remember his name and account for this list, but it was 3 years ago now and I cut any and all ties with him after we ruined his game and made him ragequit.
>>
>>43837191
Goddamn, man. For fucks sake, I live in a town NAMED after Lafayette.
>>
>>43837855
No, you are not a real person and your city is not real too.
>>
>>43837855
Pretty sure there is a town in every state name Lafayette and a raod in every american city named Lafayette

Fuck, we named roads ad towns after the guy up here in Canada
>>
>>43823236
I have a r20 game in which I'm the only player(GM included) that is not autistic. Not 4chan 'People who disagree are autistic', actual autistic; and even they, Team Spectrum, won't associate with the vast majority of the roll20 community.
>>
Can someone please explain to me why there are NEVER any real, honest to god girls on these forums? Without fail, every single group I've found on gamefinder, roll20 or /r/lfg (considering people crosspost games they're all the same anyway) that has had a "girl" has been a tranny, through 5 different games. Every. Single. One.
>>
>>43839452
Shait luck on you m8. Out of all the games I've played on roll20, only one female looking player was actually trans.

Question is, why does that irk you so much?
>>
"It made me angry because ... you did it by making an appeal to emotion, and in doing so, sold several people who posted after you on the idea. ... as a person who displays substantial INTJ tendencies, when appeals to emotion win over logic and critical thinking, well, let's just say that’s one of my biggest pet peeves."

KEK
>>
>>43821791
>Hating on Gestalt

You're pretty lame.
>>
>>43839489
I don't like 'em, personally, but I'm willing to look past that if the game is fun. What I really don't like is when they're just bad (all of them I've met) and the other players white knight everything they do, which also happens with astonishing frequency.
>>
>>43839452
There are two roll20s. The one you see on LFG and the one you don't get to see unless you manage to network your way in. The subsurface groups contain a fair number of girls, I'd estimate around about 20% of all players with more or less depending on the system.The surface groups are the runoff that decent players don't want to deal with, regardless of gender.
>>
i played one game that I forget the name of. it was from the Morecock guy. And apparently there was something about summoning demons. The shit you could roll determined what features said demon has. For instance, one feature would be wings, another would be be the ability to fly, and another would be a human hand.

It was the shittiest campaign we ran. I'm told later on that the DM didn't really do the campaign setting justice, but no one cared enough to try it again. I got pretty roasted sharing my experience on a forum about that game and how I thought the system was shit.
>>
>>43839524
Yeah if you're lucky, one of the subsurface gms might post in LFG in order to find good players to bring into the subsurface but good luck finding one.
>>
>>43839524
>>43839765

I had no idea. I have to know more.
>>
>>43839793
>>43839765

Like I said, you've got to network. It's kinda like getting a good job - it's not what you know it's who you know.

There's really not much more to it than that. The luck element certainly plays a big part but if you're not willing to try, fail and have wasted your time then you won't be the one trying when the opportunity rolls around.
>>
>>43839503
>Playing Gestalt

You're pretty gay.
>>
>>43823804
Out of the 4 games I've joined or run, I've found one - for the most part - decent group.

The three other games fell apart very quickly.

1 guy decided to use a Google Drive spreadsheet as the map instead of Roll20 which was just odd.

Other than 1 guy who's a minor to moderate annoyance in the DH game I run, the rest are pretty decent guys.
>>
>>43821561
>So what's the worst set of houserules you've ever had to deal with, /tg/?
My own. I design custom systems for my game and I'll be honest, some of them have SUCKED. It's all part of the process for getting better, but seriously I owed my group some apologies after that one campaign...

>Also, roll20 horror stories.
One time I joined an existing Anima game with a friend. All the other players save my friend were psychics, and the session started with them mind-wiping my mage into believing that she was their maid, then dressing her in a maid outfit and leaving me at their home base to clean while they went adventuring. My friend's character was similarly incapacitated and left in a closet. The two of us chatted via Skype while this happened, the GM was a player from a previous Roll20 game we'd played in and we didn't want to be assholes 20 minutes into the session. I left the game when the party returned from their adventure and the female psychic PC grew a cock and started roughly fucking my character. Apparently they murder-raped his character as well but I didn't stick around long enough to see that.

There was another time that I played in a Corporation campaign and my character was killed 15 minutes into the game by another player for literally no reason. He secretly planted C4 on my helicopter and detonated it, killing my character and the pilot and costing the party their escape route.
>>
File: beerdog.jpg (68 KB, 500x404) Image search: [Google]
beerdog.jpg
68 KB, 500x404
>>43840288
>decided to use a Google Drive spreadsheet as the map instead of Roll20

Playing is pain
>>
>>43839489
I have played with two girls in rolld20:

One was a novice player pushy player (the one that rolls to intimidate a pc, instead of roleplaying it) that maked stupid heroic choices but risked her character to ammed for her errors and was chill to play; that was an one shot and she was a novice so it was nice and understandable not "that guy" type.

Another played a humble character that didnt talk so much unless to roleplay some bit or tell something important to story or her character o the choices we had to make.

Idk i have pretty good games with girls irl or in rolld20, the only "that guys" i have met had been teenagers boys. And that was when i started roleplayind and rpg where not as mainstream as now.
>>
>>43836673

And what if they have a character rolled up because it was from a previous game that never got off the ground for one reason or another?

Can totally understand getting mad at people who come with a pre-made character and make no attempts to make them fit the setting/group dynamic, but what about people who are actually willing to tweak things to make it fit?
>>
>>43825675
>Also banned a player who wanted to play a bard because he refuses to sing for him
A good GM in my book.
>>
>>43841928
Are you that faggot that told me I need to demonstrate ambidexterity to you in order to list it down on my sheet?
>>
File: timf.png (191 KB, 600x638) Image search: [Google]
timf.png
191 KB, 600x638
>>43840307
>mind-wiping my mage into believing that she was their maid
>dressing her in a maid outfit
>female psychic PC grew a cock and started roughly fucking my character
>>
>>43821860
Chaotic Evil IS the best alignment you fucktard. Nothing worse than a lawful good shitter that hates fun.
>>
File: edge 2 the sharpening.jpg (79 KB, 484x336) Image search: [Google]
edge 2 the sharpening.jpg
79 KB, 484x336
>>43842406
>murderhobo best
>remove good
>>
>>43825333
>The WoD community for Roll20 is fucking awful. Here's a list of the worst.
As someone whose submission to OP is most likely about to be accepted, I agree.

The WoD community terrible, but where it genuinely gets worse is "the open wilds", so to speak. Anything somewhat close-knit tends to be okay. Aside from that? Stay out.

As someone whose female ex partner used to love WoD and who's had many female ST I still gotta say that an online ST (not GM, the issue is far, far less pronounced to virtually nonexistent in other franchises) who is female is bad, bad, BAD news by default. Worse news than the WoD community online is already.
>>
>>43822184
The tradition of vampires being able to pass themselves off as human is at least centuries old
>>
>>43842430
I've played with a lot of Lawful good players and they always end up screwing over my characters
>>
>>43842622
Have you tried not playing shitsacks?
>>
>>43822184
>It is such a shame what happened to vampires over the years... it isnt just twilight's fault, tho that is now the name easiest to blame. started big time with that anne rice bitch...
This is the kiddiest complaint ever, and it's probably older than you are.

I almost said "most millennial", but I'm not a journalist.
>>
File: IRRELEVANT.gif (3 KB, 188x188) Image search: [Google]
IRRELEVANT.gif
3 KB, 188x188
>>43842622

The point is that Chaotic Evil is a shit alignment for a PC.
>>
>>43842759
How is Chaotic evil a shit alignment for PC? It's the most fun to play.

>>43842651
My characters are always chsotic evil, but that doesn't give LG shitters an excuse to beat up or kill my character
>>
>>43842799
>My characters are always chsotic evil
A simple "no" would have sufficed.
>but that doesn't give LG shitters an excuse to beat up or kill my character
I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you're a dumb piece of shit telling the truth instead of dumb piece of shit who's lying to be a contradictory asshole. Have you tried being discrete? You know, not letting the others know you rape babies and all that.
>>
>>43842799
>Chaotic evil is the most fun to play
>My characters are always chsotic evil

There is the problem. You are a shitty edgelord that thinks that "lelgenocide" is fun.
Seriously, stop playing games. Do us all a favor and volunteer in a syrian militia.
>>
>>43842006
I'm not, but you should try and become ambidextrous. It takes time to learn, but it can be a useful skill in everyday life.
>>
>>43842845
>>43842834

I play TTRPG's to have fun, not wait for an hour while the LG character "talks it out" with the prisoner. I wanna kill shit. If you can't see why that is considered fun there is no hope for you
>>
File: bait_league_of_legends.png (88 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
bait_league_of_legends.png
88 KB, 1000x1000
>>43842895
Oooh, you sneaky faggot!

Seriously though, go die
>>
>>43842895
>If you can't see why that is considered fun there is no hope for you
Some people weren't bullied weirdos and therefore don't harbor a need to get revenge on imaginary pretend society.
>>
>>43842895
Link for the list?
>>
>>43842895
>I can't kill a lot of shit without playing Chaotic Evil, whether because I can't get myself into the right campaign or because I'm staggering incompetent in general.
You are a failure in every way.
>>
>>43842947
I wasn't bullied growing up. I don't see how else you could have fun playing TTRPG'S.
>>
>>43843013
>I wasn't bullied growing up.
Lies. EVERYONE was bullied growing up. It's only a matter of degrees.
>>
File: 1422595536562.jpg (17 KB, 617x627) Image search: [Google]
1422595536562.jpg
17 KB, 617x627
>>43842895
>I like to roleplay
>I don't have patience when other people roleplay
>>
>>43843013
>beeing such an autistic troll

Don't you have to play some vidya or go complain about SJWs, you shitposting faggot?
>>
>>43842895
you play chaotic evil wrong desu.

anyone have that story of the chaotic evil acrobat?
>>
>>43843037
>>43843050
>Being this mad at people who play CE and enjoy it

Lmao
>>
>>43843087
>not hating on people with shit taste
Look, I can have fun with Chaotic Evil too, but I'm not going to insist on playing it in situations it's not going to work out.
>>
File: bait_de.png (33 KB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
bait_de.png
33 KB, 800x500
>>43843087
The only thing people are angry here is that we don't have a nazimod to permaban your ass.
>>
File: 1426036201995.jpg (26 KB, 360x370) Image search: [Google]
1426036201995.jpg
26 KB, 360x370
>>43843087
It's not even about playing CE it's about how can anyone go out of their way to roleplay an evil character openly then shit on LGs for roleplaying their character and tearing you a new one?

It makes zero sense
>>
>>43843138
It's still a team effort game, just because I want to kill the bartender or pickpocket the shopkeeper for no reason doesn't mean my character should be killed off
>>
File: 1446691595242.gif (889 KB, 500x286) Image search: [Google]
1446691595242.gif
889 KB, 500x286
>>43843217
>As a Paladin that follows a strict code of conduct my duty is to protect the weak and punish those who would impinge their will upon the defenseless
>but you're a cool guy so go ahead and set that caravan full of children on fire, no biggie
>>
>>43843217
Either you're roleplaying, in which case it wouldn't be roleplaying for the other players to have their characters spare you for the meta reason of it being a team game, or you're just being lolrandumb, in which case you're not contributing correctly to it being a team game.
>>
>>43843217
>"WAAAAAAAAAAH TEAM EFFORT"
>doesn't do his part to make himself compatible with the rest of the team
The sad part is that it's perfectly possible that you're stupid, immature and selfish enough to say that without being deliberately fallacious.
>>
>>43843293
How can I make my character compatible if I wish to play CE?
>>
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/24305/search-for-the-golden-bowl

This fucking game.

So many lols reading trough the applications.
>>
>>43843366

By actually playing Chaotic Evil, not Chaotic Retarded, for one. Chaotic Evil does not mean "spergs out and murders every living thing that won't murder him first," it means "prefers disorder above order" and "is malicious and callous." That's it. There are a thousand different interpretations of that combination, and approximately 0 of them require "is retarded."
>>
Neutral Good is best alignment
>>
>>43843366
Find a gaming group where everyone likes to play evil characters.

If you are playing CE with a LG PC In your party, you're asking for conflict (so is the LG player).
>>
>>43843366
Easy, hide it. This can be easy if you limit yourself to foul acts that you can easily get away with, which many a CE character would realistically do anyways because even if they don't care about rules they understand that breaking the rules will have consequences if the authorities find out.
>>
>>43843366
Chaotic and Evil don't mean fucking stupid.
>>
>>43843366
By thinking for 5 seconds about the long term. Your character might have an utter disdain for law and the lives of others, but that doesn't mean they'll just run outside and start stabbing people. They should still understand that even if they don't like the law, people are going to try and enforce it.

A Chaotic Evil character cares foremost about themselves and their freedom. This means they aren't going to do something stupid that would get them killed, either by the town guard or by the armed mercenaries with stricter morals that they met recently.

A better way is to be secretive about it.
>>
>>43843388

I'm laughing at the post itself. My god is that one bad post.
>>
>>43842947
Some people weren't chadbro football jocks who think RPGs are for socializing about socializing.
>>
>>43843571
>chadbro football jocks
>playing TTRPGs
>>
File: 510.jpg (56 KB, 960x543) Image search: [Google]
510.jpg
56 KB, 960x543
>>43843388
>to apply post name, pronoun and class below
>Social Justice Senpai
>LGBTQFA means Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Furry and Asexual
>>
File: 1365219059197.png (17 KB, 208x250) Image search: [Google]
1365219059197.png
17 KB, 208x250
>>43843388
>you will fihgt through his ranks [to] restore chastity to the battle maidens
>to apply post name, pronoun and class below + a quick bio
>This is an LGBTQFA firendly game and if you have a problem with that then theres the door
>>
>>43843657

>Looking Good, Beating Trannies Queers Faggots Always.

Also, if the golden bowl turns out to be for smoking marijuana, than this game might not be 100% shit.

Oh, who the fuck am I kidding?
>>
>>43843388
>Headmistress Gladiyama calls ophon you retrieve The Golden Bowl to the ilustrius school in bladelands
I would be honour to join the adventure
>>
>roll20 horror stories.

>GURPS Space Opera. GM recruited me to be an antagonist/rival (I'm retarded)
>Build a team of a space researcher and his commando mooks
>Finally reach the moment of meeting the main party at some moon owned by space Tony Stark
>Main party is there
>I go ahead to inspect the ship, but it instead hovers up and stays above the ground. We shrug and go inside the merchant's den.
>We wrap up our business and go out, the "protagonist party" discovers that their ship is hovering above the ground, not exactly where they left it.
>Deny knowledge
>Suddenly realize I've made a huge mistake as party's SPACE WIZARD looks into the past and initiates PvP
>2/3 of my party is disabled by irrestitable force field, GM says there's no way to escape.
>Space Wizard proceeds to gloat at the party until he realizes it's not all of my men, he decides to go and try to murder my remaining agent.
>Shield is still up thanks to some min-maxing on the wizard's part, who neglected updating his character sheet seemingly to be able to outsmart the GM.
>Figuring out that shit is hopeless, my PC and his mook pull the laser guns and try to fire at the Wizard's buddies who stood outside the shield.
>After about an hour of arguing, I managed to make case of laser being light-based and the wizard needed the dome to be transparent to make rude gestures at us. The protagonists do not survive.
>In a desperate attempt to take out the monstrosity, my NPC detonates my ship, with tens of tonnes of explosive on board. Resulting explosion, system-wise, is equal to a nuclear bomb, but through GM fiat the wizard, who was about to enter inside of the ship, survives "unconcious".
>My last mook gets caught up by some more wizardry, despite the caster being unconcious, and gets burried under moonrock.
>Barely hijack the PC's ship and escape.

Never went back. I figured that total party wipe and wizard's mad antics ensured that campaign was dead. I still feel the pain of that night within me.
>>
When I first found Roll20, most of the games in the systems I was looking for were ERP.

I stopped using it until a few months ago.

I still found four ERP games.
>>
>>43843832
What systems have you been looking for?
>>
>>43825333
I've played in at least four or five campaigns with Cheshire cat and my god does he love player ve player. A mate of mine even went to a a anime convention where he went as you guessed it the Cheshire cat from Alice in wonderland.
>>
File: 1419382296784.jpg (294 KB, 700x1690) Image search: [Google]
1419382296784.jpg
294 KB, 700x1690
>>43840288
>decided to use a Google Drive spreadsheet as the map instead of Roll20

....wat?
>>
>>43843862
I will not support ERP by directing you to it
>>
>>43844271
Oh, I'm not looking for ERP, I'm looking for systems to stay the hell away from.
>>
>>43844051
Worst shit was that Vampire game he ran.

He just didn't know shit about vampire. He made a brujah with 4 strength, and 2 potence roll to throw a rock at a glass window. Said that it didn't crack it.
>>
>>43844271
You were looking for FATAL, weren't you?
>>
>>43844306
Never got to play in any game he ran just the ones he played in. He tended to get obsessed with one part of it like in the mage game was obsessed with changelings. Double crossed the party in multiple games was a experience.
>>
>>43843805
He actually recruited you as an antagonist? Damn dude, I thought that you were just an asshole. They retconned the whole thing IIRC from the logs, the campaign died a few months later and in the end it was just the wizard and the GMPC roleplaying at each other.
>>
File: 1392192369203.gif (318 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1392192369203.gif
318 KB, 250x250
>Roll attack and damage at the same time
>Get the same useless numbers twice on a row
>Ask the group if I should reroll, they said yes
>Roll attack alone
>get a natural 1
>Group laughs at me
>>
>>43839524
I've bumped into plenty of decent games on the LFG. This private invite shlock isn't much more than cliquish crap, really. It's a pity, too. Snobbery like that has killed a couple of games that could have been pretty good.

That said, holy fuck, how hard is it to write a decent app. for a game?
"Hey, can I join?" is bound to get you a 'no', but that's all you get on the LFG anymore, with maybe the rare person who can string more than three words together between it all.
>>
>>43824180
>As a DM, I started interviewing people before accepting them in to the game. Help a ton to weed out the crazies

What kind of questions do you ask/conversation do you try to have?
>>
>>43821791
>the effects of the wizard casting unnatural lust on a rhino. that was the first player death.

KEK
>>
>>43844432
Yeah, I wanted to play GURPS badly back then, but apparently all "Protagonist" slots were taken. There was an offer to be a Rival/Antagonist so I took it. The idea for me was to be a Gary Oak-tier asshole, who worked against you, but not to the point of bloodbath that happened. Sorry it went down like that, it really would've not happened if not for the fucking wizard.
>>
So, during my search for games on Roll20, I found a game called "Vengeance of the Forsaken" or something along those lines. Basically, he advertised it as a "martials only" game. Now, knowing how poorly Pathfinder deals with martials, I wanted to see how bad it got. Here's what it was
>3d6 in order for stats
>Only core classes allowed are Fighter, Rogue, Barbarian, Skirmisher Ranger, and a crappy Monk archetype
>You do not get to pick one of these classes at chargen, you start at "level 0" or a level 1 commoner until you survive the first session
He even mentions "bring multiple sheets, as they WILL die
>We will be using the wounding system
Why do people even play fantasy systems if they're just going to inject poorly designed "muh realism" into them?
>>
>>43849535
Pathfinder breaks down because martials are nowhere near the level of narrative power as casters. Straight out barring all casters is not a terrible idea, as long as the campaign is designed for it. Doesn't make anything else there reasonable, though.
>>
>>43849535
Because some people do want to run a gritty medieval historical game with a few monsters along the lines of Game of Thrones or whatever, but don't understand that D&D/Pathfinder is a terrible system for doing that and better systems exist.
>>
>>43849535
That sounds pretty good actually.
>>
>>43849535
Oh god I remember that one. I was going to play it until I actually started reading through it and realized it was going to be a nofunallowed clusterfuck.
>>
File: tfw everything.gif (420 KB, 225x236) Image search: [Google]
tfw everything.gif
420 KB, 225x236
For some reason, I never seem to encounter the truly shitty roll20 groups. I have this supernatural sense of which ones are sure to not devolve into some kind of drama or faggotry. They are the groups that disband due to inactivity after two sessions.

It's my gift, and my curse.
>>
>find ponyfinder campaign
>join it
>ruin it
>repeat

starting to get boring
I need a new group of people to pick on
>>
>>43849891
about people your own size, you pussy?
>>
>>43849891
Pony anything is an abomination, but you are still a faggot for ruining someone else's fun.
>>
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/35053/oustomia-pf-living-world
>>
>>43850100
Ok, does anyone have opinions on this campaign... it looks interesting if actually functional.
>>
>>43850100
>>43850114
Oh god...that sounds terrifying. Voice only as well. And Pathfinder at that.

Just keeping track of all the mechanical information would be hell, and that's without even getting into player interactions.

There has got to be a better way to go about doing that.
>>
File: overbait2damax.gif (86 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
overbait2damax.gif
86 KB, 200x200
>>43842895
Well baited! You caught a bunch of them!
>>
File: 1436752649805.png (81 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
1436752649805.png
81 KB, 350x350
>>43843388
I think I just lost a little bit more Sanity.
>>
>>43839452
I have like the opposite problem, the current Roll20 group i'm in is like 5 girls and 3 guys.
>>
I've co gm'd a couple games set in the smt/persona setting. The shit some people come up with is maddening, I guess with a weeb setting I should expect as much. The worst two I've seen were this kid called jay b. The kid had the shittiest mic ever and was awkward as fuck to interact with. He got kicked from the first campaign I was in with him when tried to get some animal dog fighting ring started, this of course being in a modern day high school setting. The last time I saw him was when he started up his own Code Lyoko game with his own homebrew for it, god knows how that went.
This other guy I luckily never got into a game with but I've come terribly close to. His names Keanu b. and jesus christ his character applications are fucking deplorable. I don't know how in the fuck it happened but he's ended up getting his co gm application accepted for a game I'm joining and I'm horribly curious to see how much of a fucking shit show it'll be.
>>
>>43823854
Storytime it fag.
>>
>>43821561
>Generally with me, "a lot of folks" think a lot of things i do are a bad idea (such as investing in ammunition and physical silver), and I think that a lot of things that "a lot of folks" do are also a bad idea (such as having babies.) Generally this is because I am smarter than "a lot of folks" in the same way that "a lot of folks" are smarter than Bonobos.

Guys, I think we found virt
>>
>>43852005
When a guy turns solid advice into bait, you know something's wrong with him, yep.
>>
I'm playing "low magic" (Just kidding, as of the almost-TPK a few sessions ago, the party is composed of three almost entirely supernatural initiators and a black dragon) Pathfinder game, with wound system up. It would be considerably more enjoyable if DM didn't roll a natural 20 on a quarter of his attack rolls and confirmed about half of those crits (And yes, we are having him do open rolls after my first character kept getting critical hitted, leading to his death after taking four crits in a single fight.) and laughed about it. My second character used to be fine, but last combat he got mass-targetted with natural 20 attack rolls.
>>
>>43825333
Apokh was my first Roll20 dm, running 3.5. Was terrible at English as I recall, but I didn't have much trouble with him other than that
>>
>>43847528
I dont have a list of questions or anything. I just ask if they would be willing to get into a skype call with me for an interview.

Generally I ask them about previous games experience, what they are looking for in a game, what type of character they want to play as and discuss with them how that will/wont fit into the setting.

You can usually tell withing 5 mins or so if someone is worthwhile or not. Generally red flags I look for are
- characters ported from other games (this mean they were kicked out before fullfilling their power fantasy)
- obviously didnt read the setting/game description
- hints/blantent magical realm
- talking a lot about anime (Nothing wrong with liking anime, but you should be able to go at least 6 hours without talking about it. Im talking about the people who, every 5 minutes feel the need to reference an anime)
- obviously conflicting alignments with the rest of the party (Ok so this is going to be a basic 'good guys beat the bad guys' game. you dont have to be good, but at least be an anti-hero of some...I WANT TO BE CHAOTIC EVIL!!! <- avoid these people

Like I said before, you can usually tell within 5 mins of just normal conversation whether someone is going to be a problem or not. Just talk to them about the game, setting, and their character's goals
>>
>>43839452
I've played with 3 girls on Roll20

The first was a dm (Katerina somethingorother) who while showing terrible favoritism that eventually lead to the game collapsing, still enabled me to play one of my favourite characters to date

Third was generally alright, but ended up leaving the game over me using the term 'struggle snuggle'

Second one broke my heart
>>
>>43849585
ive found running pathfinder as an Epic 6 game work really well (level cap is at lvl 6. experience earned beyond that grants extra feats +capstone feats that can grant 7th lvl class features)

Ive just found that balance breaks down after lvl 6/7 and casters runn away with the game after that. Plus, I have no interest in running a superhero game

Agreed tho, there is no reason for any extra arbitray 'realism' houserules. It is still DnD.
>>
>>43849891
Keep fighting the good fight, brother
>>
>>43851461
I'll polish the first session and try to write up what happened in the second, then.

I'll post later, when I'll have done so.
>>
>>43852005
Also let's take a moment to honor Sober Viking for milking the lolcow and providing us with its lmaomilk.
>>
>>43852547
and to laugh at the dumbasses who think Roll20 is going to ban a paying customer for trolling a bunch of overly sensitive pussies
>>
>>43852005
>>43852330
Virt only plays irl with people he can threaten irl with his knife

he wouldnt 'lower himself' to play online.
>>
>>43821561

>3 commited players with premade characters
>"we all know eachother irl"
>homebrew setting
>pathfinder

>looking for GM

people who do this deserve to be shot
>>
File: u wot sc0b.jpg (15 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
u wot sc0b.jpg
15 KB, 500x333
>>43852562
Why would they ban anyone?
Who even said that?
Did I miss something?
>>
>>43843805
That sound familiar. Have you posted it in the past at some point?

>>43852465
>struggle snuggle
Laffing
>>
>>43853012
Maybe. Or maybe I just mentioned it to someone else somewhere else. Maybe we played together before.
>>
>>43852562
>>43852953

He's already paid. They'd totally ban him if the Mitchell dude complained. Roll20 staff doesn't think like sane people, let alone a business. They're clinically retarded.
>>
is the engrish ad asking for $20 per session still around?
>>
>>43852451
>anime anything

If anyone tries to reference anime in an application, a class, character, ANYTHING and is using it as inspiration that's a definitive no.
>>
>>43853886
So I take you don't play cyberpunk ever at all, since one of the most influential works on it is Ghost in the Shell, which inspired stuff like, say, Matrix?
>>
>>43853975
Weebs in cyberpunk games are a 100% no-go unless I intend on running something that's more akin to an action movie than anything else. They don't do subtle well.
>>
File: nat1.gif (1 MB, 400x170) Image search: [Google]
nat1.gif
1 MB, 400x170
>You'll never experience a good roll20 group
>>
>>43853987
Still this does not mean that much of the current shape of cyberpunk doesn't come from GITS. A lot of games are bad, a lot of PnP rpgs are shit, a lot of superhero comics are garbage, the same way a lot of anime suck. This does not mean the whole world of japanese animation is shit.
>>
Incidentally, would I even need a mic for Roll20? I'm tearing my house apart looking for a mic that will work with my system, sure as hell won't go anywhere near a store during Buy Nothing Day, and I need to buy a new fridge first.
>>
>>43854074
There are games that do text chat only.
>>
File: 1447041917772.png (259 KB, 454x798) Image search: [Google]
1447041917772.png
259 KB, 454x798
>You'll never play a game where you are forced to roll to seduce everything you meet
>>
>>43853886
>>43853987
>implying Japanese influence in cyberpunk hasn't been there since fucking Neuromancer or even Blade Runner
top kek m8
>>
File: Dinnertime yay.jpg (53 KB, 648x427) Image search: [Google]
Dinnertime yay.jpg
53 KB, 648x427
>>43852541
The first of my session with the group was an amazing experience, for me.

One night I was looking through the LFG section of Roll20 for a superhero game of Mutants and Masterminds and I found one that would fill my saturday evening really nicely, to say the least.
So I hit up the GM and we exchange ideas, I ask him questions and everything goes extremely well.
I join the campaign with another new guy (the group consisted of 3 players, the GM, plus 2 newbies -me and the other)

So we were introduced as people with superpowers who wanted to become part of the local superhero team (kind of like the justice league, only metropolis-sized for now). We played a game of keep-the-ball (me and the new guy vs the two old guys) to learn how the attacks work a bit before we got further into the action.
After that short game we lost, we got a call that there’s two strange sightings.

One was a retired supervillain roaming the streets of the city and another was a strange animal milling about in dark alleyways somewhere in the suburbs. So we split the team in two (the seniors wanted to investigate the ex-supervillain who was sighted) and me and the other new guy went to check out what that ruckus about an animal is about!

So our local green arrow –who we will call GA for now- is also our sneak and face-y kind of guy: he walked into this italian restaurant where the supervillain had been seen last; our not!ironman –who I’ll call NIM- was scouting the area around the building, ready to swoop in if something went badly.
GA was then brought to a private room where "the others" had already gone. "The others" being a bunch of retired supervillains which he had already heard and read about: they were all wearing their old costumes.
After a bit of awkward silence he asked what's up and, to his surprise, the rival of the superhero that our team had replaced replied that the guys wanted to throw him a bachelor party.
>>
File: Vicious.jpg (124 KB, 500x383) Image search: [Google]
Vicious.jpg
124 KB, 500x383
>>43854124
A moment after that, a waitress wheeled in a big-ass cake, from which a dancer lady burst out.
After a flustered supervillain groom-to-be stammered that they really shouldn't have, our GA bowed out and wished them a good party.

Over at our end, me and the new guy were looking in the alleyway mentioned in the report, when something cat-sized jumped out and outright attacked us. After trying to peck me a few, my teammate tried frying the bird with a bolt of lightning, missing it: it was pretty darn fast.
Luck would have it that I managed to grab it and, since I am our local big guy I could very well hold it still without it escaping. It looked like a young emu, still only half a meter tall.
My teammate whacked it over the head with his staff regardless, knocking it out.

After that little struggle we checked it out and it looked as if it was wounded, mortally so, but still able to walk and run as if it wasn’t somehow. And it was cold, as if dead. We hadn’t wounded it so, though… it was worrying to say the least.
So we brought it back to HQ and met up with the other two, exchanged reports and gave the bird over to our NIM, who then examined it.

The GM passed him some notes with him and he swore. When we got into his lab he looked rather flustered about something, so we inquiried a little bit further and he told us everything.
There he explained that the animal was dead, but lived again after somebody had used nanomachines that his company was developing into its system. Our colleague was working on nanomachines to resurrect people.
>>
So I've only had three sessions on Roll20 so far, two as a player and one as a GM, all with people I didn't know before. They have all been perfectly fine, no one has been That Guy or something like that.

Then I see people in this thread saying only 2% of games are good and >You'll never experience a good roll20 group

Am I just incredibly lucky?
Is this thread full of exaggerations?
Do things get worse over time?
Am I That Guy?
>>
File: Quite messy.jpg (108 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
Quite messy.jpg
108 KB, 500x333
>>43854138
We couldn't end the meeting because suddently there was another report of a warehouse in the industrial zone where very unsettling noises had been heard.
After arriving and letting GA sneak around a bit, we discovered that there were a lot more zombie animals milling about in the warehouse: the same that were missing from the zoo since a few days. That made our IM swear a bit more.
So we went in and killed them all: in the process, we also found several corpses of scientists that were a part of a fanclub for the previous superhero, which we were the replacement for. Since they had been dicks to us over the internet and the media, we were not really sad about their deaths.

Ironman explained that his nanomachines were still in development though and there hadn't been any results yet: he checked the computer of the scientists and found the missing thing to make the animals walk around again... it was the previous superhero's regeneration factor, which they had been able to put through his DNA into the zombie animals.

The next day we find out that the grave in which that superhero had been put, had been dug open and his body was missing. And also, there were reports of a strange caped red-and-blue person jumping around and "helping" people, usually doing more damage than anything else.
>>
>>43827524

>I can kill something in under 2 turns!
>Can you teleport halfway across the world and summon 5 monsters on top of an enemy encampment then teleport back?
>S-SHUT UP!
>>
File: SuperZombie.jpg (140 KB, 900x1165) Image search: [Google]
SuperZombie.jpg
140 KB, 900x1165
>>43854153
We went looking around and GA warned the supervillain he had met yesterday at the party of the hero's zombification: you see, the reformed villain had decided to marry his rival's ex-girlfriend. The ex of the super who was alive again. And the wedding was planned for the next day.

Only NIM was lucky or unlucky, as it would turn out to encounter the SuperZombie. After seeing a walking-talking metalman, the zombie attacked. After a few blows and destroying a bunch of floors of a skyscraper he buggered off, leaving a slightly-dented battlesuit to wait for us to see if there were any injuried civilians in the skyscraper they had damaged during their fight.

The wedding between the ex-supervillain and the ex-girlfriend of a dead superhero was a pretty huge deal: there were reporters everywhere, even helicopters to broadcast it all.

Our team decided that it was a good idea to keep an eye out on the wedding, just in case the Superzombie decided to be a party crasher and fuck everyone's day up. So we were flying, jumping or walking around, patrolling and sure enough there comes the Superzombie with huge leaps, looking quite miffed about this whole wedding thing going on.
>>
File: Game Over.jpg (26 KB, 610x203) Image search: [Google]
Game Over.jpg
26 KB, 610x203
>>43854162
Initiatives were rolled, everyone got in position, NIM blasted the superzombie when he landed and then I tackled him on top of that at the end of one of my leaps, smacking him prone on the ground.

GA also got there and shot a web-arrow, ensnaring the enraged ex-super, who lashed out at me and missed. When the other newbie arrived he lifted the SuperZombie so that he couldn't move from the spot he was levitated at, probably because of null-gravity... I'm not sure.

Anyway, our seniors decided that violence is overrated and talked to the Undead, who appeared to have retained a little bit of intelligence after being partially resurrected; as they started to explain the situation to him, he seemed to calm down... that's until one of the guest-supervillains jumped at him and punched him! So I decided that it was time for him to go and punched him in the armor, without managing to do any damage because of a crit-fail. I got punched by him for my troubles and was sent flying.

Having distracted that guy, my companions were able to calm down the justifiably pissed Superzombie once more. He was then let back down on solid ground and led away by a bunch of scientists working in the biggest laboratory of the metropolis dealing with superpowered humans and others.
He looked very sad.

Me and the supervillain were separated by the ground-controlling groom and the wedding resumed without further delays: after putting SZ in the care of the capable scientists, we went back to HQ and called it a day.
>>
>>43854110
Undertale campaign?
>>
>>43854148
To get into three games, which are all okay... on roll20, it is pretty unbelievable, I must say.

I had to pass five or six groups before I found my current group, which is perfect for me.
I think you're just lucky or lying.
>>
>>43854185
Well to be fair it was only two games, the two player sessions were in the same one. Also I found that game in the Game Finder thread, and I advertised for players for the game I GM in that thread too.
>>
File: tumblr_no2uw0sUzG1sfvjpeo1_400.gif (134 KB, 340x340) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_no2uw0sUzG1sfvjpeo1_400.gif
134 KB, 340x340
>>43839099
>Team Spectrum
>>
>>43854113
Japenese influence != anime. Also, anime influences in Blade Runner? Are you on crack or something or just that fucking stupid?

>>43854028
The current shape of cyberpunk has precious little to do with Ghost in the Shell. It's a deriative work that is predated by pretty much everything it supposedly influences, right up to Cyberpunk 2077. All that "cool shit" you see in mecha was a thing before modern Jap media got its hands on it and has always been a cornerstone of the genre. It's not a bad movie, but it's really not as influential as you think.
>>
>Really like WoD, especially nWoD
>Want to run more of it but want to give the other STs in my group space to run other, not nWoD games because there's all sorts of games we like to play
>Consider running something on Roll20 to scratch the itch
>Read this thread

Oh dear. Any advice on how to run games on Roll 20 and not have it turn out awful?
>>
>>43854440
I said Japanese influences as a whole, you retarded spastic.
Weeaboos are shit, but there's a difference between describing every single fucking thing you do as like some shitty shonen show special attack and taking inspiration from something that's from Japan
>>
>>43854471
>retarded spastic

We were talking about weebs, dumbass. The topic was "weebs in games are a bad idea, because". F-, apply yourself.
>>
>>43854497
And yet the guy said, and I quote,
>If anyone tries to reference anime in an application, a class, character, ANYTHING and is using it as inspiration that's a definitive no.

You can do this without being a fucking weeaboo, amazingly.
>>
>>43843388
https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1889537/john-dindurius-seascarred-monk I think I found the best app
>>
>>43854509
Yeah, and it says a lot about your characters if they look like they're straight out of sailor moon, because that is pretty much the only way someone who doesn't watch anime is going to catch a reference at all.

You're not really helping your argument.
>>
>>43854450
3rd degree interogation on all aplicants.

No exceptions.
>>
>>43854450
It's not too hard, you just need to be careful. Make sure you've got a good posting - talk about the kind of game you want to run, what sort of emphasis you want in the game, some setting info might help too. List what you want the players to give you: Roll20 is a GM's market, so you can make them jump through whatever hoops you need. I usually ask for a bio about them as a player, and a short description of the character - whether this is a bio, their backstory, the vision/arc the have in mind for the character, whatever, just what define the character in your mind. I don't require a sheet at this point because a lot of people have trouble making them, and I don't want to cut someone off because of that, personally. I don't do interviews, but that's another good way to screen your potential players.

Really, a key point is patience. Don't just start the game with the first X number of players you see. Wait, review applications as they come in, and pick from the pool once you feel you can assemble a good group. Put some solid effort into your game and your posting, and you'll probably find enough players willing to put in that same amount of effort.
>>
>>43854562
>GMs aren't allowed to watch anime
lol okay
>>
>>43854566

How do you interview players? Is there a template? I've never really gamed with people who aren't already my friends before.

>>43854678

Thank you for the advice! I probably would have put in the first people who applied since that's how I usually do things with my group. It makes sense that there'd be a pool and I'll keep that in mind.
>>
>>43854450
Recruit from /tg/ and remember to interview people.

Literally the best solution.
>>
>>43854845
Just talk with them. Ask them to describe their character. Maybe run a mini session to see if they understand how the game works or work out any kinks in their understanding.
>>
>>43854516
dude
https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2095988/ristan-a-gravewalker-witch-warning-long-story-dot
>>
>>43855079
3 sentences make up three quarters of that wall
>>
>>43855079
>Well I have no idea where to even start, and if it seems like it time skips thats because it does, also I am not going to criticize other peoples ideas and characters, I am a good rper in my own right, I dont need to stoop so low that I need to point out flaws in other peoples characters, the GM can accept that, or move on without me, I refuse to do so.
ahhhhhhhh
>>
>>43855079
I love how the evil shadow being leaves Ristan a little note with instructions.

And then the author decides that Ristan should be illiterate because otherwise his childhood wouldn't be maximum grimdark.

And then the note magically teaches Ristan how to read so he can understand it anyway.
>>
>>43855108
there are 169 commas on that page
>>
>>43843059
Interested in this
>>
>>43855115
I wonder if he speaks in run on sentences in real life.
>>
>>43855417
I am a good speaker in my own right, I dont need to stoop so low that I need to point out flaws in other peoples grammar.
>>
>>43855646
>accepting that
>moving on without you
>>
>>43823804
I've found countless shitty groups, two pretty damn great groups. Occasionally I've come across the average one's but I don't normally stick around too long for them.
>>
I tried to play Exalted with DM Walram and two others. Snoozefest, nothing prepared ever, couldve been a lot worse but I was stuck waiting for hours for anyone to do anything.
>>
>>43854450
Hey man I love nwod. Can we chat? Skype is rearadmiralobvious. Im at work so Im slow at the moment.
>>
>>43856260
Hey if you're looking to start an NWoD game sign me up
>>
I have oh so many, most notably the time a GM thought it would be a good idea to have 12 players in one game and only one skype call.

Noped the fuck out of that before the first session.

Then of course I had to deal with the wonderful weeaboo dhampyr, but I don't know if I can actually cover that with one post.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.