[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fetish Worldbuilding?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: kyubeygijinka.jpg (19 KB, 236x314) Image search: [Google]
kyubeygijinka.jpg
19 KB, 236x314
So here's a question.

What's the difference between adding a fetish when wordlbuilding and actually justifying it.

Versus

Adding a fetish into worldbuilding and THINKING you justify it but it's even worse(Monster Girl Quest)

>Pic unrelated/kinda related?
>>
>>43821052
The former is what happens in reality. Look around us, even look at yourself. Naturally there's occurring fetishes because, whaddyaknow, they're inbuilt into us so we breed. The fact people breed, become pregnant and otherwise is a fetish. Attraction itself is a fetish. There's very little you can do to NOT put a fetish in your worldbuilding
>>
The difference is largely intent and direction.

The former is a myth, because anytime you try to "add a fetish and actually justify it", you inevitably end up just thinking you justify it.

The only way a fetish winds up in a game and it isn't horribly forced is when it happens as a side effect, an accidental inclusion. Instead of thinking "I want to insert a succubus into my game because that's my fetish, how do I make it work?", the original thought process would need to be "I want the powerful knight my players are acquainted with to be receiving bad advice from a corrupting influence, is there a good monster for that?" With that as the original thought process, you might even discover that your fetish simply isn't the best answer for your intended goal.

In the end, it's not always "necessary" to justify your fetishes. Some groups are fine with Magical Realm. But, the bottom line is that if you are trying to justify inserting your fetishes into a game, you will inevitably only be thinking you are justifying them.
>>
>>43821239
I think that it's mostly a matter of what part of the fetish or kink you try to add as worldbuilding.

For example, let's add foot fetish. You can either have a race or such that focuses on the fetish part, or you can have it simply be a barefoot race. Okay, now think. WHY are they barefoot. Is it cuz it's their attraction and nothing else? Then you failed at worldbuilding.

If it is because it allows them to better feel connection to earth, to balance better on small surfaces, or perhaps they are kickboxers or something like that? Okay, that's good.

That actually provides reasons for feet being important, but to be less obvious, focus on legs in general. Now, think of why they are focused on balancing, monk stuff or any such thing. Why would they value legs as important? It could be because of the race or such being seen as travellers, Runners like from Mirror's Edge, any such thing.

Now, you can just add, as a side thought, that strong legs is the definining factor of their courting rituals or traditions. If it is a Race of Mirror's edge runners, then obviously they would see it as good factor.

It really matters, like I said, what part of the fetish you try to add and how you do it. It's different if you try to make the whole thing revolve around the FETISH part, instead of what the fetish itself is about. It's different if you focus on sexual stuff with the things in question than simply the things.
>>
>>43821290
Nope. See, you used a pretty modest fetish, but even so, you wound up not understanding it from a fetish-insertion standpoint.

People with feet fetishes wouldn't just have a race that goes barefoot, because that would develop unsightly callouses that make their dicks go limp. They would have a race that goes barefoot, but despite that they would still have soft and supple feet.

It isn't long before they decide they need magic to ensure the feet remain callous-free despite being on prominent display, and then all of sudden we have a Goddess of Feet, and Foot-worshiping priests, and religious rites that include the ritual tasting of feet.

If the intention was "I have this race that's really in tune with the earth, what's a good way to get that across?", making them barefoot might make sense, but if the intention is "I like to masturbate to feet, how can I insert a race of creatures with delicious exposed feet into my game?", they're only going to end up with an idea that sacrificed some measure of integrity and sound reason in order to make way for the fetish, and that's not justifiable.
>>
>>43821052
>but it's even worse(Monster Girl Quest)

Nice try, troll.
>>
>>43821369
Not really. If one estabilished earlier or such that they need a psionic race, they can add it on top of that, fluff it as some sort of psi barrier that keeps their bodies protected, thus including feet, thus keeping them callous-free
>>
>>43821805
Only a questfag would call OP out on trying to stir up shit!

But seriously OP a shitter
>>
Part of it may be a result of focus - a succubus corrupting a king you encounter until it's driven away could be a naturalistic part of the setting. Succubi being a common affliction that are easily driven away by spankings they secretly love are clearly there just for the creator's fap fuel.
>>
>>43821815
What you've got started is a chain of "why's", which forces you to backpedal at each step, while demanding answers that always need to pivot around the obvious answer. At each step, you think you're pretty clever, thinking you've done a great job at masking your intention, but the rest of the group is just politely rolling their eyes behind your back.

A constant barrier is an expenditure of energy in excess of the demands of the situation, and wouldn't develop to the degree that it would prevent callouses unless there was some auxialiary demand for soft feet. And, then we're back to the original line of questioning.
>>
>>43821369
>People with feet fetishes wouldn't just have a race that goes barefoot,
Several experiences have taught me otherwise

>because that would develop unsightly callouses
And most adventures would be covered in scars after a few years but quite a lot of players would bitch about it being forced on them if you tried that, going barefoot but never getting callous isn't too much of a stretch given the genre
>>
>>43821052
Does its inclusion breaks SoD?
>>
>>43821832
>implying MGQ is a /tg/ quest
You knee-jerk fags are adorable
>>
>>43821052
Inserting your own fetish rarely goes well, because more often than not it ends up far too obvious.

For example, in a recent thread I saw someone propose Orcs that were good at grappling and raping women. That is very clearly magical realm and will appear so no matter what you do.

Say instead though, that your Orcs prude themselves on martial skill, particularly wrestling like the ancient Greeks. Then you add in a bit of Roman influence and make them take slaves so they don't have to do labor themselves.

The first is pure fetish. The second takes something from real life that could lead to that fetish in certain circumstances
>>
>>43827185
>>43821052
I don't think MGQ fails to justify it, it's exactly what it intends to be
>>
>>43821052
Depends on what your group will tolerate
>>
>>43830494
Weird choice for thread necromancing.
>>
>>43830511
Yes it was
>>
File: 7834709134.jpg (493 KB, 520x780) Image search: [Google]
7834709134.jpg
493 KB, 520x780
>>43821052
I guess when it comes down to it, you can't actually justify a fetish in your campaign. The best you can do is mask it in many intricate layers of lore or story, but in the end you have the same result: a fetish, but one wrapped in well explained lore. I guess it's similar to having an artistic nude and a twelve year old's hormone driven drawing of a naked woman.

I guess here's a mild example. It would be like having an elite school of monks that use intricate tattoos instead of armor for protection and as a result, they are 90% naked. You could go on to explain that the magic in the ink is created using ancient techniques unique to the monks and that the technique is actually a divine gift given to monks ancient headmasters by an obscure god. The god so loved the monks art, the protection only works if he/she can gaze upon the intricate tattoos from the heavens. In the end you have have your bare chested monk and some interesting lore as to why she's dressed as poorly as she is.

Of course the more advanced the fetish, the more padding it would need. A lot of players are sharp too. Something that sounds completely justified to you might sound awkward or strange to someone else.

I'm tired, if nothing I said makes sense, my bad.
>>
>>43834744
I'm fairly certain that example is from Rifts.
The True Atlanteans are like 6 to 7 feet tall men and women of phenomenal beauty and figures, and use tattoo magic to ensure they are always ready to go toe-to-toe with giant alien death bots or vampires that can ignore nukes to the face.
All but the most experienced atlantean warriors need to have their tattoos uncovered to activate them though, so its a rare occurrence that they cover more than their genitalia.

That book also had a race of blind supermodels who wore transparent leotards tougher than combat vehicles, could outfight an army of bruce lees, were enslaved to a race of rapey tentacle monsters, and bred by cocooning and reemerging from the cocoon with a slightly younger and stronger clone of themselves alongside them, born with all of their memories.
>>
File: 1417620819618.jpg (69 KB, 806x1200) Image search: [Google]
1417620819618.jpg
69 KB, 806x1200
>>43834959
My example was something that spawned from a conversation my party had about wanting enchanted tattoos under their clothing. Pretty sure there were threads about that too in the past on here.
>>
>>43835098
Honestly, I like the idea of tattoos that have armor enchantments on them, seems like something a barbarian tribe would use
>>
>>43821369
I wouldn't say so. It's pretty easy to add your fetish and just not focus on it. Like, a foot fetishist might sya that in the setting wood elves don't wear shoes because they want to be in direct contact with the soil and because it allows them to get a better grip when climbing trees. There you go, there's now a bunch of elves that go barefeet. Whether or not they get callouses isn't mentioned because who the fuck bother smentioning whether some random elves feet have callouses or not (although they guy with the fetish probably imagines them not having any), and it's just a small detail in the setting's fluff.

Source: I do that a lot. Most things in my setting incorporate details that I like, usually things that I find interesting or cool (the dwarves are legalists with a society modelled after ancient China, dark elves are not-Chaos cultists who ride to battle on weird monsters), but also some things I find sexy (such as certain styles of clothing being popular because I like the way they look).
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.