[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Movie quotes set in 40k
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: 1436223470946.jpg (32 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1436223470946.jpg
32 KB, 1280x720
The Inquisitor: I'm sorry. If your quarry goes to ground, leave no ground to go to. You should have taken my offer. Or did you think none of this was your fault?

Rogue Trader Reynolds: I don't murder children.

The Inquisitor: I do. If I have to.

Rogue Trader Reynolds: Why? Do you even know why they sent you?

The Inquisitor: It's not my place to ask. I believe in something greater than myself. A better world. A world without heresy.

Rogue Trader Reynolds: So me and mine gotta lay down and die... so you can live in your better world?

The Inquisitor: I'm not going to live there. There's no place for me there... any more than there is for you. Malcolm... I'm a monster.What I do is evil. I have no illusions about it, but it must be done
>>
Cadian soldier: The only good bug is a dead bug.

I'm from Cadia and I say Kill 'em all!

>pretty much every line of Starship troopers
>>
Autism
>>
File: tumblr_nt02dnYjSV1sf5d2go1_1280.jpg (144 KB, 600x1074) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nt02dnYjSV1sf5d2go1_1280.jpg
144 KB, 600x1074
Dread = Adeptus Arbites: The Movie
Starship Troopers = Imperial Guard: The Movie
Aliens = Genstealers: The Movie
Event Horizon = What happens when the Gellar Fields Fail: The Movie

What did I miss?
>>
>>43818870
I now have to watch event horizon
>>
>>43818907
Yes you do. It might be the most accurate one in that list.

Except maybe the starship troopers one. There is an actual connection there in that much of 40k and starcraft was inspired by Heinlein, who was the guy who first started the scifi powered armour thing.

Sidenote, if you have not read Heinlein (godfather of 40k ideas) or William Gibson (godfather of cyberpunk/shadowrun) do yourself a favour. These are the kinds of writers that make you piss away vacations. People ask me "what was it like taking the train through the Gobi desert?"
I have no fucking clue. I was reading Idoru the whole goddamned time. Apparently we stopped so the passengers could trade with a nomadic tribe partway through. I did not notice we had stopped.
>>
>>43818907

I think people grossly overstate the similarities between Event Horizon and 40k.

There is some thematic overlap, but it's pretty superficial. If you go in expecting to see a 40k movie you're gonna be disappointed.
>>
>>43817266
>Rogue Trader
>Not a child killer

Pick one and only one.
>>
>>43818980
>read starship troopers expecting suit bouncing and bug nuking
>receive philosophical discussion instead
fuck man i was pretty let down
>>
>>43819088

It almost 1:1 begins with the discovery of warp travel before gellar fields and demonic possession
>>
>>43818870
>Vader isn't wearing a psychic cowl
IT'S SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT
>>
>>43818907
Its basically a documentary about the first warp-engine
>>
>>43819188
Wait until you start a thread looking for a system to run a game in the setting then get no answers outside of trolling and people screaming about political agendas.

Fucking christ, I just wanted my players to do something they might enjoy.
>>
>>43817320
What noteworthy bugs are there in 40K, and don´t say tyranids, because they are not bugs.
>>
>>43817266
> I'm not going to live there. There's no place for me there... any more than there is for you.
This doesn´t fit, no inquisitor is so deluded to think that their actions will make the imperium a considerably better place they "don´t deserve to live in". If they were they are unfit to be an inquisitor.
>>
>>43819654
Ambulls
Genetic dead ends from old hive fleets
Numerous xenos empire from throughout history
>>
>>43819088
>travelling through hell dimension for ftl travel
>ships have gothic, religious designs
>dark, brooding atmospheres
>those corrupted by the warp self harm, scar and mark themselves
>psychic horror and possession, visions of death and damnation
>latin is grim and evil
>"we don't need eyes to see where we're going"

There's a lot of similarities. It's not a 40k movie, but if you smudge your eyes enough, it looks like one.
>>
>>43819654
Vespid.
>>
>>43818870
Fury road : Gorkamorka

Lotr: Feudal World shenanigans with eldar & Squats vs Mutants and Heretics

Hellraiser : Dark Eldar Prank Show

Predator(s)): a quiet sunday on Catachan

Terminator: Drunk Tzeentch playing with men of iron
>>
What are some other ones?

Dead Space vidya's = Techpriest meets genestealers
Hellraiser = Summoning a Incubi Kabal

also Event Horizon is amazing.
NSFW!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuJnIJHgQ44
>>
>Men of Tanith! Do you want to live forever?
>>
>>43819654
Lacyremol.

Bug shapeshifters that have literally infiltrated the imperium at every level.
>>
>"No, Inquistor. I expect you to die."\
>>
>>43819867
Let me guess? RT or dark heresy fluff that is never ever mentioned again in other fluff?
>>
>>43820932

Pretty much. The only thing you'll encounter at the massive, wargames level are the Vespid, and they're a single entry for the Tau Empire.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.