[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm designing an order of paladins derived from farmers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7
I'm designing an order of paladins derived from farmers that were forced to fight enemies while working the fields for food.

I'm thinking of giving these paladins an assortment of weapons derived from farming tools, like scythes or sickles, but I dunno what weapon could be akin to a hoe or a shovel. Ideas?
>>
>>43815612
A spear?

There's also a weapon literally called a spade out there, Dual purpose gravedigging tool and grave prevention device.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monk%27s_spade
>>
A shovel by itself is actually a very good weapon. Able to inflict blunt or slicing damage depending on how its weilded, and after everything's done you can use it to cut up the body and bury it,
>>
File: ShovelKnightRun.png (374 KB, 1209x1563) Image search: [Google]
ShovelKnightRun.png
374 KB, 1209x1563
>>43815665
>>
>>43815650
This is the kind of thing I'm looking for, neat design.

>>43815665
I was thinking about designing some sort of greatsword modeled after a huge shovel actually. These guys usually fight heavily armored monsters so they could use some extra weight in their weapons.
>>
>>43815612
You might be able to fashion a hoe into some kind of war pick. Or just use a mattocks, picks, hammers and other heavy tools.

A fun one could be modified pitchforks though. The fauchard fork isn't commonly used in any setting that I've seen but it could be woven into your lore pretty easily.
>>
>>43815612
Various military forks, tridents, for pitch-forks.

Flails are an obvious one, a flail is a militarized tool for separating grain from chaff.

A broad-bladed spear could be a symbolic shovel, if you really want to stretch it.

So many martial weapons in medieval times were derived from farming impliments you need not try and force a similarly.
>>
File: shaolin-spade.jpg (31 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
shaolin-spade.jpg
31 KB, 500x334
We azn now.
>>
>>43815612
They're fighting evil and famine!

They could also use re purposed livestock!
Bull cavalry, forward march!
Black paladins use the dreaded goose skirmishers.
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 400x300
>>43815612
practically all historical ninja weapons were just farming implements with little to no modification (pictured left, a perfectly ordinary and innocuous rice flail which any honest peasant farmer would have a plausible legitimate reason for carrying)
>>
>>43815747
I actually feel ashamed of having forgotten about war picks, thanks for reminding it to me.

>>43815783
You have a pretty good point actually, one could also think that some weapons design exist since farmers had to adapt their tools for skirmishes once forced into battle.
I guess that I can use pretty much anything if I give it enough thought. I would like to redesign some of those weapons though, making them look like a glorified version of a farming tool.

>>43815842
Nothing is easier than to denounce the evildoer; nothing is more difficult than to understand him.
>>
>>43815941

This is why I cringe whenever a vidya gives its ninja class access to freakin' daisho blades. It's probably the absolute LAST thing they actually used. Final Fartasy is particularly guilty of this.
>>
>>43815708
Perfect
>>
>>43815612

They'd be monks or ninja. That's generally how it goes. Not going to be heavy on the armor, though.
>>
>>43815612
If you even consider scythes, slap yourself.
>>
>>43815747
Pitchforks are basically tridents. Water themed paladins mayhaps?
>>
>>43815612
Go read Deed of Paksenarrion. The church of Gird is basically this. Paladins/warriors teaching farmers how to fight communally. Gird was basically a farmer that had had enough, trained up his fellow farmers and beat down the overlords.
>>
>>43819912
War scythes are a real thing.
>>
File: image.jpg (126 KB, 500x598) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
126 KB, 500x598
>>43819912
>>
>>43819912
Rule of cool, anon.

Scythes are great.
>>
File: Farmer_Weapon.jpg (530 KB, 973x1280) Image search: [Google]
Farmer_Weapon.jpg
530 KB, 973x1280
>>43815612
Shotguns are associated with farmers practicing self-defense, or at least whatever they can pass off as self-defense in those regions.

>forced to fight enemies while working the fields for food.
What, did they have to play whack-a-mole while harvesting wheat?
>>
File: IShovelWell.jpg (30 KB, 550x310) Image search: [Google]
IShovelWell.jpg
30 KB, 550x310
>>43815708
>>43816690
>mfw this is already how I Paladin
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.