[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
At what age did you grew out of Magic?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: Magic_The_Gathering_players.jpg (3 MB, 4928x3280) Image search: [Google]
Magic_The_Gathering_players.jpg
3 MB, 4928x3280
Well? At what age did you grew out of Magic?
>>
16, after Lorwyn block. It wasn't a bad set, but the game just didn't have the same appeal- it was too much of a money sink, and I started getting into girls and booze instead.
>>
File: 73535ye3y55uy35yu3.gif (667 KB, 500x263) Image search: [Google]
73535ye3y55uy35yu3.gif
667 KB, 500x263
>>43815096

This is a bad bait/troll thread...and you're posting in it. Get it together friend,
>>
File: 150.jpg (60 KB, 680x649) Image search: [Google]
150.jpg
60 KB, 680x649
>>43815190
>>
>>43815190
>says this
>while posting
>>
>>43815096
Yeah I understand, that's a reasonable age to leave it bro, it's the age most people leave it and when they hit mid 20s they move to games like Netrunner.
>>
File: 3670922758_57356f07a9_m.jpg (20 KB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
3670922758_57356f07a9_m.jpg
20 KB, 240x180
>>43815233
HA! This is literally the king of bait threads. Why are Netrunner people so fucking butthurt?
>>
>>43815069
I lost all my cards when I moved, and decided I didn't want to spend the amount of money I would need to replace them.
>>
>>43815096
Yeah, I feel you. By 15 I was tired of this nerd shit. My gf kept nagging me to quit wasting money into this children's card game and after a while I found out she was right. Pussy's way better after all. I feel bad for the idiots still playing this cashgrab.
>>
>>43815431
Not him, but I actually still play card games, but just better ones, that are not a waste of money.
>>
>>43815431
You're not even trying.
>>
The fist time I played against a mill deck. I was 19
>>
>>43815559
Damn, I left back when Kamigawa
>>
15, but i was never really that big into it in the first place, only had two decks.
That was 10 years ago and my best friend has only sun more and more of his hard earned cash into it over the last decade.
So much so that he's living paycheck to paycheck, specifically due to buying magic cards every week.
I feel bad for him.
Not bait, and Bryan if you are reading this you need to get help.
>>
I haven't grown out of MtG
>>
>>43815889
Are you implying you're still under 15?
>>
>>43815069
After Innistrad, I just kinda lost interest. Had other stuff to do.
>>
15 - I gave away my collection to an acquaitence. That was 10 years ago.Ive tried to get back into it. But I'm always like nah I like my money.
>>
About fourteen, when I moved across the country away from the friends I played Magic with. Nobody in my new school played it and I had just lost interest by the time I moved again for college.
>>
>>43815233
i stopped playing constructed around 17, when i started actually working and supporting myself. kept drafting, since it's cheaper and i actually liked it more, until i was 23. moved to netrunner after a couple years of not playing, the lcg model and asymmetric gameplay does it for me. i still draft once in a while, but it's lost its lustre for sure.
>>
>>43815069
hehe did you grew

heh
>>
>>43815217
>>43815190
Only magic player's in denial thinks it's bait
>20 posts
>15 posters
Keep telling yourself that
>>
I got out of it at 20 when my friends did, but just got back into recently now that I have the money to support it. Now I can be the guy with the expensive cards!
>>
>>43815233
If that were true then why does no one play netrunner?
>>
>>43817237
But people do play, if not, they are playing other equally good games, still better than Magic.
>>
>>43817228
Sad, to be honest. You could could buy every Netrunner expansion without spending hundreds on single cards.
>>
>>43815233
>playing netrunner
>netrunner
More like people try out netrunner and go back to magic. At least magic makes sense most of the time.
>>
>>43815069
I grew into it at 20, actually. Never got into card games before that and I'm having a lot of fun with the eldritch abomination block.
>>
>>43817335
Then the question could have been: At what age did you fall for the MAGIC IS GOOD meme?
>>
>>43817297
Yeah but you can't buy people to play netrunner with
>>
I grew in at 17, out at 19, in at 22, out at 23. Haven't been in again. It's a money sink. I have way more fun playing tabletop rpgs with my friends than battling them with cards.
>>
>>43817384
Try boardgames.

>>43817370
What are you talking about? Don't you have friends? Invite them to play with YOUR cards.
>>
First time it was masks. ~15
Second it was ravnica. ~23
This time it was theros followed by kamigawagain ~31
I've always prefered beerhammer and it's fans overall, but I'll still do the occasional draft and have a good time because mtg has some good folks too, I met Dave Kendall once, he seemed like a pretty cool dude
>>
>>43817486
They literally could not be less interested
>>
>>43815069
I've grown out of standard just because for $500 I can get a hell of a lot of miniatures, but I'll draft occasionally and I'll drop $30 every month or so on a couple commander deck.
>>
>>43817237
Hearthstone, or better yet, non-card-based games.
>>
>>43815096
Funny. That's just about the time that I started playing.

I grew up in a rural community (We didn't even have internet until 1999) and the hobbies you're allowed are limited to what the other six kids your age are into. I had barely even heard of Magic until we moved to a larger city.
>>
>>43815431
Once I bought some cards at a some cards at the store and the guy behind the counter told me I'd stop playing once I found a girl.

I went to my apartment and my gf rode my dick until she came.

Now I'm a washed up lonely useless piece of shit. Not MtG's fault. But the point is, fuck that guy.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.