[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/HHG/ - Horus Heresy General - Ask Your Dumb Questions Now Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42
File: 1442525158423.jpg (509 KB, 811x542) Image search: [Google]
1442525158423.jpg
509 KB, 811x542
RULES - https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS

>Dark Angels/Blood Angels/White Scars When?

- Book 6 will see their Legion Specific Rules minus Legion Specific Units in February sometime around the Horus Heresy Weekender in Nottingham.

>What rules do I need for 30k?

- 40k Core Rulebook, Legiones Astartes Crusade and Isstvan Campaign Legions Army list books (Redbooks, or if you're cool Limited Edition Black books).
- Solar Auxilia Rules are in Book IV Conquest
- Mechanicum have their own Redbook
- Questoris Knight Houses are in Book IV Conquest
- Ultramarines are in Book V Tempest
- Updated Word Bearers are in Book V Tempest
- Imperial Militia are in Book V Tempest

>Why are FW Fags Elitist/Why are BaC fags Poorfags?

-Who cares, just play the game and have fun, faggots.

Any other questions ask below.
>>
File: skub.jpg (433 KB, 1019x784) Image search: [Google]
skub.jpg
433 KB, 1019x784
Threadly "choose your husbando" post.
>>
You guys think Valdor will be able to stand up to Sigismund in a challenge? Would you prefer for Custodes to be agents of the emperor or be their own army list? Personally I'd prefer if they worked as agents and for Sisters of Silence to have an army list.
>>
File: zmgamesday.jpg (213 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
zmgamesday.jpg
213 KB, 1024x768
Who here actually has an established Heresy group they play with? My group is about a dozen or so players. Half have several 3000 point armies while the rest are growing slowly with ZM armies. Playing a group game this weekend where half the players are brining 3k points while the rest fight on a ZM board and are able to call down orbital strikes onto the main table.
>>
>>43814813
I'd prefer Custodes to be an allied army-only choice. They'll be attached to an army similarly to how the Knight Errant rules will be like when Garro comes out.
>>
File: garro-xx.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
garro-xx.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1536
So what's everyone expecting FW to release this week? More transfers? or are we getting pic related.
>>
>>43814813
>>43814852

Are Custodes confirmed? And yeah, Valdor should be equal to Sigismund as far as strength on the TT goes. Maybe a bit stronger.
>>
>>43815029

Yes, Custodes are confirmed as being one of the armies in Prospero alongside TS, SW, and Sisters of Silence. It's part of why said book is taking so long.
>>
>>43814967
I'm guessing Garro.

Anyone know when they will release Khades Nex, Dark Furies, and Corax?

Only Dorn, Alpharius, and Corax are left for primarchs with rules.
>>
>>43814454
I'm writing an FAQ now.

What questions need to be in it?
>>
>>43815082
Corax should be the next Primarch released. At the last HH Weekender they were saying they were aiming at getting all remaining Book 3 Primarchs out before the end of 2015, but that seems like it's not going to happen. We'll probably find out for sure in Feb at the HH Weekender which Primarch is next.
>>
>>43815095
Thanks for taking that on. Along with what I posted, I'm guessing quick Primer on what is 30k. Also maybe talk about the various campaigns that can be found for 30k in Books 1-5. Other than that, it should be a living document so just add to it over time.
>>
>>43815143
Also maybe linking to the various 30k Tacticals on 1d4chan so people can get a quick breakdown of all the units.
>>
>>43815095
Something about tier lists and the general balance of the setting towards MEQ's. Talk specifically about Mechanicum.
>>
File: death_guard.jpg (669 KB, 1000x2248) Image search: [Google]
death_guard.jpg
669 KB, 1000x2248
>>43814967
Ooo I would love to see the Garro model with the new DG transfers. That way I could put in a big order for Xmas. I hope they put the Volkite Culverins (with or without hands) back up in stock soon too.
>>
>>43815199
Have they previewed the new DG transfers yet? I know we've seen IH,RG, Salamanders and Solar Auxilia at the Open Day.
>>
File: blogger-image--1413583376.jpg (115 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
blogger-image--1413583376.jpg
115 KB, 480x640
>>43815521
Yup!
>>
File: etch1.jpg (57 KB, 480x344) Image search: [Google]
etch1.jpg
57 KB, 480x344
>>43815551
Oh and don't forget all the brass etch they previewed as well. Waiting for these IW ones.
>>
>>43814821
>Who here actually has an established Heresy group they play with?
There isn't even a 40k group around here anymore. I've been stuck playing against myself so long I'm practically a collector.

>So start one, anon.
I've tried. It's not in the budget for people.
>>
>>43815568

Technically these haven't been approved yet.
>>
>>43815597
I hear you. Some of the guys in my group just convert their 40k plastics into 30k armies. It is nice having a big group for those FW group orders though.
>>
>>43814454
New fag here, some of these rivalries I don't understand (World Eaters/Raven Guard, Alpha Legion/White Scars, Night Warriors/Dark Angels, or Death Guard/Salamanders). What events set these ones off if I may ask?
>>
>>43815082
What or who is Khades Nex?
>>
>>43815781
It's Night LORDS you dipshit

THERE IS NO SUCH LEGION OR CHAPTER AS THE NIGHT WARRIORS
RRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
As someone who finished their unending host for regular 40k, I figured I'd throw together a list for my Horus Heresy friends at my local game store.
>>Imperial Militia and Cults Age of Darkness Detachment
>HQ
(180) Force Commander: Power Armor, Iron Halo, Cyber Familiar, Planetary Overlord-Warlord
Provenance of War: Tainted Flesh, Cult Horde
>Troops
(100) 50 Inducted Levies, Auxilia Pistols
>Fast Attack
(230) Auxilia Thunderbolt Heavy Fighter, Ground Tracking Auguries, Flare Shield
>Heavy Support
(300) Malcador, Hull Demolisher Cannon, Flare Shield, Armored Ceramite
(300) Malcador, Hull Demolisher Cannon, Flare Shield, Armored Ceramite
>Lord of War
(610) Stormhammer, Targeters, Armored Ceramite, Pintle Multi-Laser
>>Chaos Daemons Allied Detachment
>HQ
(350) Be’lakor
>Troops
(99) 11 Pink Horrors
>Heavy Support
(180) Soul Grinder of Nurgle, Phlegm Bombardment
All feedback helpful
>>
>>43815781
WE/RG: Going to guess Istvaan V. Would have expected one of the backstabbing legions, though.
AL/WS: Don't know offhand. There was a battle off Prospero, I think, but I don't know much about it.
NW/DA: Thramas Crusade. The Night Lords got their shit kicked in, but Curze made it onto Invincible Reason and ran amok. Going to cause some bad blood.
DG/Sallies: Possibly the Drop Site Massacre again, presumably combined with the DG's rampant use of Destroyer Squads that the Salamanders refused to use.
>>
File: emprah to horus.gif (2 MB, 450x247) Image search: [Google]
emprah to horus.gif
2 MB, 450x247
Will emprah ever get rules and/or a model?
>inb4 the last book
>>
>>43814454
>Ask Your Dumb Questions Now
Alright.

I'm thinking of buying 2 Calth boxes to kickstart my Alpha Legion army.
I'm sure to use the characters, Contemptors, and Terminators, and that I can make a handful of support marines, but will I really need 50~ tacticals for this legion?
>>
>>43815849
A misspelling of Kaedes Nex.
>>
>>43816010
Your RoW requires 3 squads, and honestly 2 squads of 20 make a decent vanilla base for a list. Past that, they can also be built as veterans, or modified to support, heavy support, seekers, or headhunters.
>>
>>43816010
Tacticals are almost always taken in one of the following configurations-

10 man in a rhino
10 man in a pod
Almost 20 man in an Eagle.
20 on foot.

The alpha Legion unique RoW requires an additional troop (3 unless you are using the Onslaught FoC)(RoW are optional) and says units must be able to DS, Infiltrate, or have a DT. Since wasting Mutable Tactics on Infiltrate makes you into a poor man's raven guard, you will take DT if using Coils of the Hydra. If running a list where you want foot tacticals, you will want 40.

Frankly, it depends. I've seen silly AL lists, but damn is that RoW restrictive. Orbital assault is more newcomer friendly as you won't have massed 20 man teams, but you also can't fit as many apothecaries.
>>
>>43816010
You won't need 50 bolter tacticals. But those models can be used to make Veterans, Head Hunter Kill Teams, Tactical Support and Heavy Support marines. So it depends on what your list is.
>>
>>43816065
I forgot to take the extra Troop squad into account, thanks for reminding me.
I'll have to look for some more weapons for the other options then.

Thanks anons!
>>43816133
>>43816137
>>
>>43816133
>(3 unless you are using the Onslaught FoC)(RoW are optional)
Not sure what you're suggesting exactly, but you can't use RoW with other FoC. You can only use the Unique RoW with the Age of Darkness FoC.
>>
>>43814454
>Ask Your Dumb Questions Now Edition
Would a Knight Errant's generator be nice?
>>
>>43816203
Sure?
>>
>>43816133
>>
>>43816165
The Onslaught FoC is AoD. It's exclusively AoD.

>>43816164
The thing is, if if you take that third troop, every unit will need a Transport.

I'd start with a Rite of War. With BaC boxes, the following options work well-

- Coils of the Hydra
- Orbital Assault
- Pride of the Legion

Which of the 3 do you want to build towards?

Or run no RoW?
>>
>>43816217
A Legion generator has been made in these threads already so I don't see why not a Knight Errant one can't be made.
>>
>>43816230
>>43816241
>>43816165
I stand corrected.
>>
>>43816241
By AoD I mean the specific "Battles in the Age of Darkness" FoC. You have to use the pictured chart if you want to use RoW. You can't use any of the Optional charts i.e. Onslaught, Leviathan, Castellan etc.
>>
>>43816275
No worries m8. I made the same mistake when I thought I could make an Hammer of Olympia list using the Onslaught FoC. I hate the 3rd Troop tax!
>>
>>43816241
I was thinking about starting out with a Pride of the Legion list at first, but Coils of the Hydra is what I'd like to build towards.
>>
>>43816295
PoL is great of newcomers since you don't have to paint up a ton of models.
>>
File: Emperor2.jpg (393 KB, 943x1024) Image search: [Google]
Emperor2.jpg
393 KB, 943x1024
>>43815921
ive been thinking about what it would take to do this and made pic related. i still think size would be an issue. so it probably be better to use Roboute Guytheman as a base body...but he has so many Ultras specific iconographty...maybe once Dorn comes out his body would be more appropriate.

but so far items used are - EC termie bodies, shoulders since the sculptural reliefs & icons nearly match the painting of Emps armor. Eidolon's head. Kor Phaeron's claw. Suzerians shoulder and WHFB flame wizard sword.
>>
>>43814543
>nothing wrong
>is the reason the blood magpies exist.
Yeah, nah
>>
>>43816295
A Pride of of the Legion list would have you spamming veterans and Terminators, resulting in a lower model count. Veterans like Rhinos.

Coils would have you take 3 10 man rhino teams and multiple other rhinos.

Basically, you are going to be running a lot of Rhinos with BaC boxes and either of those RoW.
Also, unrelated, but where does it say you can't have multiple rites of War? I assume that it says that somewhere.
>>
File: celestial-knight.jpg (349 KB, 900x962) Image search: [Google]
celestial-knight.jpg
349 KB, 900x962
>>43816532
Why not use Kabuki's model as a base and just change what you don't like?
>>
>>43816551
>>
>>43816532
Those models models will give you a Manlet emperor.

This one I've seen is amazing.

http://kabuki-models.com/knights-of-legend/209-celestial-knight.html
>>
>>43816573
>allied forces are eligible to use their own.
Huh, there's something I hadn't realized before. Might be a nice way to get tanks on the table with your drop pods, plus the Salamanders one, and I'm sure a couple others let you take allies.
>>
File: 1409729874256.jpg (95 KB, 653x490) Image search: [Google]
1409729874256.jpg
95 KB, 653x490
Newfag here.

Assume I've downloaded all the books in those folders. Where should I start reading to understand Warhammer 40K?

No, nobody here plays that, so I'm on my own.
>>
>>43816631
Start with the Warhammer 40,0000 Rulebook. Then start reading The Horus Heresy Book 1 - Betrayal to get an understanding of the time period.
>>
>>43816651
Vivec, is that you?
>>
>>43816555
>>43816597
it is a very nice sculpt, no doubt. really stunning. i guess the challenge is trying to use GW parts and the fun in making your own.
>>
>>43816746
That's all well and good. You should take a stab at your kitbash and post results.
>>
>>43816651
Thanks, will do.

>"Painting is an immensely satisfying aspect of the hobby"
Wait, what?
>>
>>43816780
haha yeah its more of a thought exercise as i have trouble finding time for my DG Legion which i am neglecting this moment! arrrrgggghhhh
>>
>>43816573
So you can have an allied detachment with a Rite of War?

Cool.
>>
>>43816631
Warhammer 40k?

You might be in the wrong thread.

This is the Horus Heresy general, and that's a specific subset of 40k lore.

Do you want to know about the 40k universe at large, or about the Horus Heresy?
>>
>>43816864
About everything in general. I just started skimming the Core Rules but all I see are quick descriptions for armies in a "Toy Magazine" style, with indicators, names and all that.

In this game every army has it's specific rulebook?
>>
How do we make Emperor's Children good?
When do we get Heresy-Era Lucius?
>>
>>43816905
GW thinks 80% of the fanbase likes 40k for the models alone. They really want you to shut up and buy more models. It's all about the models. And there are other books. It would be easy for us to get fluff and new rules one book each edition barring supplements so GW has decided to make codices for each army. Space Wolves for example have their own codex, Blood Angels and Dark Angels also have their own codex. If you're and Aussie or a Kiwi things are going to be expensive.
>>
Looking at this for 2500

>HQ
(155) Moritat-Prime Kaedes Nex
(145) Strike Captain Alvarex Maun [Cameleoline, RoW: Decapitation Strike]

>Troops
(260) 20x Legion Tactical Squad [Legion Vexilla]

>Elites
(580) 10x Mor Deythan Strike Squad [10x Combi-weapon]
(285) Darkwing Storm Eagle [Extra Armour]

>Fast Attack
(270) 10x Dark Fury Assault Squad
(285) Darkwing Storm Eagle [Extra Armour]

>Heavy Support
(230) Legion Fire Raptor Gunship [Armoured Ceramite, Reaper Autocannon battery]
>>
>>43816905
each Horus Heresy book by Forge World has a few Space Marine Legions (3-4 and other armies involved) in them. the first one is here: http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/The-Horus-Heresy-Book-One-Betrayal

the comprised rules (for the most part) are here (known as the Red Books): http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/The-Horus-Heresy-Legion-Astartes-Gamers-Collection

See OP for more info. Is that what you mean?
>>
>>43816905
If you downloaded the rulebook off the mega account, use the bookmarks to flip down to the rules.

Whoever arranged it (possibly GW) stuck them behind everything else.
>>
>>43816938
Book 6 was shown to have new RoW for every single legion. The Emperor's Children one was previewed as making kakaphoni troops, giving them relentless, and possibly involving a point cost reduction (not 100% sure on that last one).
>>
So what do most people do about minis for 30k do you all buy legit forgeworld? Chinaman? Just use normal 40k stuff?
>>
>>43814454

The Crusade Army List isn't in that Rule collection. And is that the shit version of Conquest there?
>>
>>43816976
Thanks, will watch out for any sales or anything like that to keep the hobby interesting (without the reason for not leaving being that I spent too much to give up, aka Magic the Gathering)
>>
>>43817079
A bit from column A a bit from column B.
>>
Laser Destroyer Rapier Teams, yay or nay?
>>
>>43817083
If you want the high-res stuff just grab it off BranStark's KickAss Torrent's account.
>>
>>43817098

There's better options for Anti-Tank, like Lascannon Heavy Support Teams or Melta Support Squads.
>>
>>43817014
It helped, thank you. I will definitely keep an eye out for any threads like this one.
>>
>>43817098
I prefer the Quad Mortar Rapiers.
>>
>>43817096
See I really want to get a 30k army but I'm a little worried about getting to much chinaman stuff...mostly because of getting garbage casts
>>
>>43817125
Just don't order from Z. His stuff is the worst. CCON is better but will require a bit of clean up. With BaC out now you should just get those for your tactical marines/terminators. Unless you don't like MkIV. I'd do a test order for a few things with recasters and if you don't like them, then just go with plastics. Personally, I buy my tacticals from a private recaster and my larger ticket items/Primarchs from FW as well as the books.
>>
>>43817032
Just found the actual rules, thanks.

You folk kept talking about GW. Turns out I found their website and there's a starterkit for 122£. It has a Dark Vengeance box with a ton of miniatures, a spray (assuming I wouldn't just by graffiti packs) and some cutters for assembly (wow).

Will save the page in case I happen to come by another living being who plays this game.
>>
>>43817037
>Relentless Kakaphoni as Troops
Holy shit. My dick.
>>
>>43817181
For 30k you want betrayal at calth and for primer halfords matte grey primer is easily the best (FW used to suggest it at one point) and well priced.
>>
>>43817226

I use Tamya Enamel Black for resin, as it sticks better. I prefer Oil paints personally as well. Though I think I may have lost brain cells to the eternal smell of Turps.
>>
>>43816997
You should seriously consider pulling points away from other places to take special weapons on those tacticals, or any kind of upgrade really. I hate seeing anything where people leave bare-ass troops in their list, because it's just so horribly inefficient and a points sink.
>>
>>43816905
Every army has its own book describing its units - the 40k general thread might have links to some of them. But the main rulebook should explain more.

Anyway, the Horus Heresy is set in 40k's past. It sets up the Imperium (all the human 40k factions), with very little focus on alien races - though the Eldar and Orks were around at the time, and should have some minor involvement.

In Horus Heresy (also known as 30k), there are books coming out with stories and little pieces of some of the factions' unique rules.

Here's a primer that doesn't take itself seriously: https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000
>>
>>43817272
>Special weapons
>On tactical squads
You might have a point on him needing to put a vexila or some sergeant upgrades, but try to give actually possible suggestions next time.
>>
>>43817299

I have Vexilia actually.
>>
>>43817299
Alright, specifics then. You need to take Melta Bombs on all three of those tactical squads to drastically improve their versatility. The Combi-weapons on the Mor-dethyans surely gives you some decent reign on what you can deal with, but it's going to leave you short when an opponent focuses them down.. Or of course when they get their one shot.

So you could also take plasma guns on the tacticals to let them deal with bigger stuff like monsters and TEQ/MEQ(Which I know 30k loves to have, so you can never have enough anti-MEQ)
>>
>>43815781
There was in stone book about AL harassing WS somewhere when they fought orks to keep them out of Horus''' way
>>
>>43817340
He's taking Tactical Squads, not Veteran Tactical Squads. You can't give Tactical Squads plasma guns. Unless you mean giving the Sgt a Plasma Pistol?
>>
TEQ killer veterans. Plasma, combi-plasma, pfist and p-axes out of the wazoo. Retarded or viable?
>>
Giving a shot at this myself. Death Guard, The Reaping.

>HQ

(95) Legion Centurion [Power Armor, Consul: Master of Signal]

(425) Legion Praetor [Cataphractii, Chem-munitions, Digital Lasers, Iron Halo, Paragon Blade, Rad Grenades]
-(235) 5x Deathshroud Terminator Squad [Melta Bombs]

>Troops

(335) 10x Legion Heavy Support Squad [Chem-munitions, Missile Launchers w/ Flak Missiles]
(250) 16x Legion Tactical Squad [Chem-munitions]
-Sergeant [Artificer Armor, Power Armor, Rad Grenades]
(250) 16x Legion Tactical Squad [Chem-munitions]
-Sergeant [Artificer Armor, Power Armor, Rad Grenades]

>Elites
(120) Apothecarion Detachment [2x Apothecaries, Artificer Armor, Augury Scanners, Chem-munitions]
(180) Contemptor-Mortis Dreadnought [Kheres Pattern Assault Cannons]
(110) Legion Rapier Weapons Battery [2x Laser Destroyer Array]

>Heavy Support
(140) 4x Grave Warden Terminators [Heavy Flamer w/ Chem-munitions, Chem-Master w/ Chainfist]
(175) Legion Sicaran Battle Tank [Lascannons]
(340) Legion Spartan Assault Tank [Armoured Ceramite, Chem-munitions, Flare Shield]

MoS with the Heavy Support Squad, Apothecaries with the Tac Squads, Praetor takes his team in the Spartan.
>>
>>43817425
Probably overkill, Terminators aren't that hard to kill in this game. Just take some Medusas or hell even a Vindicator.
>>
>>43817425
Retarded, just take Sniper doctrine plus two heavy flamers.
>>
>>43817282
Woah, thank you very much.

Also, it doesn't take itself very seriously but it is informative, really informative.

I'm vaguely starting to grasp the concept of what Warhammer is.
>>
So I want to start either EC or NL. Can fans of either sell me on their choice? Rules, fluff, models all apply.
>>
>>43817569
Warhammer 40,000 = big rule book with all the fluff you need to understand the universe. After you pick an army you get their codex. This book is specific to a faction e.g. Codex: Orks. It has more fluff and all the rules for that specific army.

In short you only need rulebook and codex and models to play 40k.

Horus Heresy (30k) is an off shoot game aimed at veterans that focuses on the space marine legions 10,000 years prior to the main setting (40k). It's not really newbie friendly as the models are quite exoensive.
>>
>>43817272
>take special weapons on those tacticals

what heresy is this?

you bring tacs to do one thing

vomit bolters

since they cant do anything else
>>
>>43817682
EC - Fags that have shitty rules and a gay Primarch

NL- Emo fags that got blown out by the Dark Angels and accomplished next to nothing during the HH. Primarch got blown out by an assassin.
>>
>Can fans of either sell me on their choice? Rules, fluff, models all apply.

>>43817863
You must be a masochist if you're a fan of these Legions then. Makes sense.
>>
>>43817863
Thanks.
>>
>>43817682
I don't play ECs or NLs myself, but two people in my group do. Have you read any HH novels they're in? They're both predominantly melee-centric Legions. I'll ask my friends next time I see them why they decided to go with those Legions.
>>
File: 3916.1.1000.1000.FFFFFF.0.jpg (198 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
3916.1.1000.1000.FFFFFF.0.jpg
198 KB, 1000x1000
>>43817975
Was going to use these for my tainted flesh, warp cult horde. $100 USD for 100 models.
>>
>>43815781
Alpha Legion showed up with their whole fleet outside the White Scars Homeworld right as shit hit the fan in the heresy. White Scars weren't sure what was going on, were getting scattered reports about the Heresy, had their whole chapter near the homeworld and were just waiting it out. Got some mixed info from Horus, some mixed info from Imperial Fists recalling them to Terra when the Alphas just showed up in formation blockading them, but didn't do anything. White Scars ships were super fast and nobody knew this, so they made a fake disorganized attempt to break out, Alpha Legion opened fire, White Scars kicked it into overdrive and broke the blockade. Something like that.
>>
So I guess the consensus is 10 man troop squads in rhinos or drops, otherwise 20 man is the way to go?

I'm going to go the route of 2 BaC's plus another set of terminators, and 1-4 more tactical squads to make assault squads or veterans. But 2 BaCs should get me in a good position to expand however I want once I buy or convert models into 30k stuff. I'm gonna grab a good bit from china once finances allow.

Night Lords btw. Gonna splurge on the GW upgrade kits for them.
>>
>Be EC player
>Fluffed as some of the best albeit arrogant Astarte's
>Remarkable swordsmen with undeniable grace
>Sonic weaponry that melts faces
>Small but elite compared to other legions
>Be one of the absolute worst armies in game

Life is suffering.
>>
>>43817863

>Primarch got blown out by an assassin.

By his own choice

>>43818129

>Gonna splurge on the GW upgrade kits for them.

Assume you mean FW
>>
I don't care about book 6 when is Retaliation: (Prospero) coming out? I want my Thousand Sons dammit my 40k Thousand sons is literally 95% Tzeentch Daemons with Ahriman and Rubric Marines for an allied detachment and that's not even real Thousand Sons.
>>
>>43818351

Late 2016/Early 2017 sounds like a safe bet
>>
So how do you actually stick a high toughness Primarch like Ferrus Manus in a list? It seems like there's nowhere you can actually put them where they'll do any good. Footslog them in the open? They get blasted to shit by huge guns. Stick them with terminators? Good job, they just lowered his toughness because majority toughness is obnoxious as hell. Stick him in a transport? Really, a land raider just for him, that seems excessive and a waste of a heavy support slot.

So, really, what do you do with this fucker? He looks awesome on paper, but if you're actually using enough points that it makes sense to bring him I don't see where he actually goes on the table.
>>
>>43818542
Take something that uses a Spartan Assault Tank. Attach Primarch to whatever squad/unit you got in there.

>>43818445
Damn. It's gonna be a while.
>>
>>43818137
Nope, the GW ones. Ill grab the NL shoulders and helms from china though for terror squads.
>>
>>43815781
I thought the World Eaters had a standing rivalry with the Blood Angels, even before the heresy broke out. It was because they were both considered to be amazing assault armies if my memory serves.
>>
>>43818578
You'll probably want the torso upgrades for your terror squads.
>>
>>43818131
I feel your pain, brother.
>>
File: Mannis.png (1 MB, 764x995) Image search: [Google]
Mannis.png
1 MB, 764x995
Stannis Baratheon. Would you say he is the Perturabo or the Dorn of the HH? Lets compare his defining traits

>Renowned for holding out under siege: Dorn and Perty
>Nobody like shim: Perty and Dorn
>Rebels against the false King/ Emperor: Perty
>Uses scary bad magic in said war: Perty
>Described as being as inflexible as iron: PertyIron within, iron without

I'm leaning towards Perty. What else do you guys got?
>>
>>43816809
>"Painting is an immensely satisfying aspect of the hobby"
>Wait, what?
nigga painting is a huge part of the hobby
>>
>>43819082
actually, a game of thrones and Horus Heresy mashup would be pretty awesome...

>Chaos is coming
>>
>>43819103
Seriously, I used to never paint my stuff before I played 30k. Now I make sure all my stuff is fully painted or at least plan on having a unit I'm testing out fully painted if I plan on using it again. It's shitty having a table full of bare resin/plastic or primered models.
>>
>>43819161
>>Chaos is coming
>Shut the fuck up, Russ, nobody gives a shit anymore
>Chaos has been coming for 20 years
>>
What's the latest on Scananon? Is he still working on the mechanicus book?
>>
Your opponent plays Mechanicum/Questoris/Auxilia/Militia. All your anti-MEQ tech is now considerably less effective. How fucked is your standard list?
>>
>>43819082
What magic? I understood that perty doesn't like chaos much anyway.
>>
>>43814967

Might be the Solar Auxilia Medicae, they were previewed in WD a couple weeks ago.
>>
>>43817863
>got blown out by the Dark Angels
Dark Angels were like the second-biggest Legion at the time, and unlike the Word Bearers, the Night Lords took them on head-on (well, as much as Night Lords ever take anything head-on).

>accomplished next to nothing during the HH
The Night Lords kept the Dark Angels away from Terra for long enough to make the final battle a coin-flip, which was their exact design. In this, they achieved about as much as the World Eaters and Word Bearers combined.

>Primarch got blown out by an assassin
Only because it was his plan. As stupid as that sounds...

Because his plan seems to have been to live out the plot of Apocalypse Now
>>
>>43814454
Ahhh, you know I thought I'd never say this but I miss the old general image and text. Good times.

>>43814967
Who's this gigga-nigga, Garro? I don't follow the novels but I assume so, judging by the Inquisitors eye on his knee.
>>
>>43815095
Answer the question "can i use mai ultradoods?" about fifty billion more times, just to hammer the point home to people.

Christ the dumb questions over the last week or so.

Also, a list of known duff units (Justaerin) may go a fair length, I can see lots of people asking if they are worth their cost or not.
>>
>>43815781
Death Guard and Salamanders are a good/bad pair ala Iron Warriors and Imperial Fists. They're both tough, slow, patient legions that specialise in scouring and sweeping great areas very thoroughly. Salamanders prefer flame technology which has a cleansing role in fluff, destroying tainted life so new life can rise from the ashes; Death Guard prefer poison which does the opposite, sows the soil with corruption and you get the picture.

Salamanders prefer hand-held special weapons, Death Guard large artillery pieces, Salamanders hammers, Death Guard pole-scythes. Both Legions give off a poor first impression - Salamanders because of their biology, Death Guard because of their armour practices. Salamanders turn out friendly and good-natured, Death Guard don't (under Mortarion). Etc.
>>
>>43815875
If you're purchasing an Iron Halo and Cyber Familiar for your FC, he doesn't need Power Armour as well.

Tainted Flesh is good, but I if Abhuman Helots or Feral Warriors would work better with the Levies. 10pts for Stubborn and 25pts for +1 A per model both go a long way. (no wait, scratch the first one, you've got fearless from Cult Horde already.)

List looks very fun in whole. I'm sure you can find a place to spend those 10pts somewhere.
>>
>>43817272
>>43817340
For the stringent tone of your advice, you're showing a lot of unfamiliarity with the setting.
>>
>>43820102
Yeah, pretty sure this guy was confusing Tacticals with Veteran Tacticals.
>>
>>43817160
Isn't Z turbo cheap? I saw an account a few threads back about a really warped Arvus Lighter or something, but it was so cheap they put it to use as a cheap and effective terrain piece.

If the basic doods are also just as cheap and warped they'd make good corpses for a battlefield.
>>
>>43817428
>Praetor
>Chem-munitions
For what? He has no flamer weaponry.

>Heavy Support Squad with Missiles
>Tactical Squads
>Apothecary
>Spartan
>more Chem-munitions
I'm seeing a pattern here.
>>
>>43820110
Yeah, that was me talking about the shitty Arvus Lighter I got and how I gave it to my friend to use as terrain scrap. If you're looking for models that are so fucked up you can only use them as wrecked terrain, sure, buy Z recasts.
>>
>>43820110
Granted, the Arvus Lighter was still $28. For some people, that's not chump change.
>>
>>43816631
Before you try to learn 40K, learn to browse 4chan first. Reading the OP is a vital skill for making sure you're not off-topic. My best suggestion is the one that works for anyone completely new to the internet, and that's lurk more.
>>
>>43820151
Well this is the "Ask Your Dumb Questions Now Edition" so he's not completely off base...
>>
>>43818129
It's not a consensus, it's what works.

Don't do something just because other people are doing it. Rather, notice and listen and try to understand. If you don't get it, ask a question. If you can find another clever use (if this case you won't, Tacs are very clear-cut) then doing something just because others do it will hold you back.
>>
>>43820132
>>43820110
i think that's an exaggeration, i got a good bunch of stuff from Z, a good portion of it was very good, about an 80-20 split. when its bad though, its really fucking bad
>>
>>43820167
Maybe I'm spoiled by better recasters, but I would not order from Z. However, I will say one positive thing about Z is that he's the only one who carries the FW bolt pistol packs and Large ZM doors. Those are some items that while horribly cast, don't really bother me as much since no one really gives a shit how bad they are.
>>
>>43820108
Mmm. You know, it's not the fact that we've got a lot more new since the BoC set that's the issue at all. Fresh blood is pretty much great for Heresy. It's just the astounding depths of presumptive, no-reading or research laziness we're witnessing. We're talking the same question five or more times in a thread, with people not even Ctrl+F-ing around. It feels like a very different demographic.
>>
>>43820147
Eesh. I guess the question is if the Albus Righta was value for money next to other terrain?

>>43820160
Fair but it's stupid questions about 30K. Next you'll have Age of Sigmar popping it's head around the corner.
>>
>>43820189
Not gonna lie, the sheer amount of "When is [Legion] getting rules?" and "What unit should I steal for Alpha Legion?" is starting to grate on me.
>>
>>43820196
>Albus Righta

That's pretty Orky.

I basically chalked it up to a $28 lesson in knowing never to buy from Z again. Sure some Anons have had better results, but fool me once shame on you etc etc.
>>
>>43820160

This is what happens when you morons keep spoonfeeding the dipshits, and even have retarded ass white knights telling people to be nice to them.

use fucking google you dumbass fucking millennial cocksuckers
>>
>>43820189
>>43820207

Well as someone who has been playing HH since Book 1 came out, us older players have to actively sift through the legitimate questions and actively ignore the dumb ones. Hopefully the Anon writing the FAQ will help the legitimately interested newcomers to HH so they don't have to ask the dumb questions. At that point we can safely just ignore the people who do ask the dumb questions.
>>
>>43820216
You're just as bad as the noobs. Seriously, people talk shit about the 40k Generals and their cancer, you're the 30k equivalent.
>>
>>43820216
Okay because maybe you're going a tad far. I'm saying they're not in the right state of mind, you're saying they're "Millenials" (you and I are both probably millenials, that's a broad as fuck category and one not completely validated by science) and "cock-suckers".

One of our approaches is straight-forward, firm and encourages conversation, the other is going to make people feel offended and want to strike out at the thread.

>>43820222
True but it's a different kettle of fish when there's one new player every couple of days or a week, versus three or five per day. The kicker is the redundancy of the questions, showing that the people asking have an attitude that they don't have to do their own reading.
>>
>>43820291
Fair enough, I suppose a non-spoon feeding approach such as suggesting they read the Army compilation books is what we should do instead rather than just give them the answers outright.
>>
Was there any reason for the chevrons on Iron Warriors? Or is it just a style choice without any fluff context.
>>
>>43820216
you are basically a frog poster:no anon you ARE the cancer
>>
>>43820306
>Or is it just a style choice without any fluff context.

Pretty much. I always just chalked it up to their utilitarian nature. Which is why the FW upgrade torsos are so weird. They have a star on the chest and flashy belt buckles. Not really what I had in mind for the IWs.
>>
>>43819984

Yes, it's Garro, he is supposed to get rules in Book 6. One of the rumored ones is that if you take him you have to complete a specific objective, failing to do so means the best game result you can get is a draw.
>>
>>43820305
Exactly, such has been my approach in the last few threads. Get them to start figuring out the answers themselves.

eg/ a guy asks "What can I take from my 40K ultramarine army in 30K?" - I say "nothing that isn't a vehicle available in both systems". Line break, then "Legiones Astartes and Adeptus Astartes are different armies. Could you take Craftworld Eldar in your Dark Eldar army?". This encourages the correct line of thought.

All training is showing people how to think. There are ways that lead to answers and productivity, and ways that don't.

>>43820308
To be fair, typing without capitals or full stops, and using colons:like this, isn't much better.
>>
>>43820358
Ooh cool.

Was the Inquisition around then? I knew Garro and co founded it but I thought it was post-Heresy. Seems odd that the Emperor, anti-religious, would found such an agency.
>>
>>43820318
Was curious about that as well. Really would love to find out more about them.

Iron Warriors weren't the legion that initially got my attention, but I loved the whole Paramar story from book 3 and Kyr Valen just sealed the deal for me.
>>
>>43820381
But anon: using colons proves you are a master grammerlord
>>
>>43820392
It's hard to tell since it's a mystery, but all the legends and stories we've been told about the founding of the Inquisition either places it right before the Emperor went to fight Horus, or right after he was placed in the Golden Throne. So no, the Inquisition did not exist during the Heresy. At most you're looking at a proto-Inquisition right at the final battle.
>>
>>43820410
Mmm, and ESPECIALLY:without a space afterwards.
>>
File: Kyr_Vhalen.jpg (300 KB, 584x783) Image search: [Google]
Kyr_Vhalen.jpg
300 KB, 584x783
>>43820397
Yeah, I really hope they come out with a Kyr Vhalen sculpt soon.
>>
>>43820436
That makes sense. Still interesting to see the letter I rocking up even back then.
>>
File: Large-sigillite.jpg (161 KB, 650x644) Image search: [Google]
Large-sigillite.jpg
161 KB, 650x644
>>43820450
That's Malcador's sigil. The Knights-Errant are basically the precursors to the Inquisition. Garro is tasked by Malcador to find Astartes from both Loyalist and Traitor legions and men with "Inquisitive natures".
>>
>>43816555
>The eagle has two heads
How did I not notice this?
>>
>>43820410
>Not using semicolons
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M94ii6MVilw
>>
>>43820467
Heh, I just noticed the skulls have II and XI on them to represent the two expunged legions.
>>
>>43820489
>Slowpoke.gif
>>
>>43814454
>Why are FW Fags Elitist/Why are BaC fags Poorfags?
>-Who cares, just play the game and have fun, faggots.

THIS.
>>
>>43819082
Status the Manus
>>
>>43820467
Ahhhh, that's where I saw it before!

Why is Malcador associated with the letter I?

>>43820484
Excellent choice
>>
>>43820592
This man here, he understands.
>>
>>43820196
You dont even see questions this stupid and uninformed in AOSG
>>
>>43820592
*Stanus
>>
>>43814821
I'd love to have a group to play with, the only place I've got where I can play is a GeeDubs store full of little kids. They told me that even though you can technically use legion stuff in 40k games, forge world stuff is "too OP too be fun". I'm not sure if there's any truth to that so I'm pretty much a collector at this point.
>>
>>43820629
It's not the letter 'I' it's his personal sigil (that just so happens to look like an 'I'). Think how Superman's 'S' is actually the Kryptonian symbol for hope in 'Man of Steel' (yeah I know, shut up).
>>
>>43821240

There is no truth to that. 1st party GW material has broken the power curve so badly that virtually nothing FW has or likely ever will do can compare.

Protip - If even one of these people says 'FW OP' while playing Tau or Eldar, immediately skin them alive and immerse them in molten salt. Even if it's a small child. Especially if it's a small child.
>>
>>43821319
I did not know that fact about Superman.

But uh, I is still a letter in Gothic. Maybe it just means Inquisitive?
>>
>>43821332
>molten salt
brb going to youtube that
>>
>>43818131
Why?
>>
>>43821240
>too OP to be fun
>Wraithknights
>decurion
>tau in general
>fucking eldar

laughingreactionimage.jpg
>>
>>43821332
It's funny you should say that, while the guy was banging on about how OP legions are he was setting up three riptides. So 30k and 40k are compatible in most cases, I'd think taking primarchs might be a dickish in small games.
>>
>>43820489
Except it says 2 and 11.
>>
>>43821332
There is some level to truth to it in that 30k at high point levels will probably edge out anything but powergamed 40k quite handily thanks to units getting cheaper the larger they are, super-heavies being in non-LoW slots, the insane amounts of heavy/special weapons, and generally having some pretty balls-out shit.

Don't get me wrong, you're probably losing to the Eldar D and War Convocation grav fuckery, but quite a few lists will struggle against your 20 man blobs shitting out an insane amount of shots, super-heavy tanks, and AV 15/16 transports immune to melta.
>>
>>43821240
Not true at all. Your GW manager doesn't even know his own product line. I wouldn't go there anymore.
>>
>>43821587

30k doesn't do all that well at smaller points levels. That said, if your opponent is dropping 3 riptides, I'd say you are justified in siccing a primarch on his ass.

Bonus points if you roll up in flare shielded spartan with armored ceramite and push his face in.
>>
>>43821587
Anyone who bans FW and doesn't ban gargantuan creatures is a fucking hypocrite.
We had one guy (new to the store, had been playing in some of the beginners events for a couple of weeks and came in on vets night) that wouldn't let me field a chaos knight titan because "we don't play forgeworld here" (here being the shop I've played in every week for years). He then proceeded to deploy TWO imperial knights.
>>
>>43821703
Do tau have melta?
>>
>>43821746
Fusion Blasters.
>>
>>43821704
Are stories like this true? The community can't have this many autists can it?
>>
>>43821775
It can and it does, but they tend to get way more attention than they deserve.
>>
>>43821775
I've literally fought someone who claimed Moloc's anti-Space Marine stuff didn't work against his Space Marines because the FW Badab Character PDF says it only works against Codex: Space Marines/Blood Angels/Dark Angels/Space Wolves/Grey Knights.
>>
>>43821704
>That wonderful 30k feeling when I get to refuse to play that asshole's BaC army because, "You don't have any FW units in it! And no you can't proxy!". Seriously, he deserves it.
>>
>>43821788
That would be a valid objection for any game with less terrible rules (i.e. Any other game).
>>
>>43821524
He probably feels the same way as someone who wants to play dorn phalanxes and Templar brethren
>>
>>43820914
I'll destroy ur Stanus
>>
>>43821704
Tell him that forgeworld model have more legal right to be used in a game made by games workshop than citadel
>>43821763
Ah
>>
>>43816573
Man, that's just confusing. RoW only affect the primary detachment, but allies can use their own RoW. And as we established, RoW only affects the primary detachment.

Couldn't they just said that the RoW affects the detachment the character was selected for or something?
>>
File: 1432927382739.jpg (229 KB, 1500x1767) Image search: [Google]
1432927382739.jpg
229 KB, 1500x1767
Question:; (<note the colon and semi colon) anyway would 10x Volkite Culverins (~335pts) be better served by something else at a 3k points Death Guard footslog army?

List would be something like:

5x Deathshroud
Preator

20x Tac Sq w/ Sarg
20x Tac Sq w/ Sarg

Contemptor Dread two Keres
3x Rapier Weapon Battery
5x Terminator Sq
10x Terminator Sq

2x Medusa
Sicarian
10x Heavy Support Volkite Culverins (< squad pertaining to question)

*Basically want to know if its overkill to model 10 volkite culverins.*

General tactics of Preator and retinue zoom towards enemy flank and try to roll it. Main targets being infantry killer arty.

Medusas, Rapiers (either Grav to create slow terrain or Quad Mortar to thin infantry ranks) and Culverins bombard enemy line.

Tacs and Termies slowly moving towards objectives/ weakened targets w/ Dread supporting them.
>>
>>43821857
Plus the fact that you can only use rite of war if the warlord has that special rule
>>
>>43821878
And warlord can't be in your allied detachment.
>>
>>43821807
Why GW hasn't just started using unit tags like every other similar tabletop game yet, I have no idea. Seems so much easier for shit like immunity to heat-based attacks or Preferred Enemy/Hatred.
>>
File: tumblr_lt2p5mvN9G1qmf6e5.jpg (18 KB, 286x327) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lt2p5mvN9G1qmf6e5.jpg
18 KB, 286x327
>>43821902
IT KEEPS HAPPENING
>>
File: $_57[1].jpg (189 KB, 1435x1335) Image search: [Google]
$_57[1].jpg
189 KB, 1435x1335
Would the arm and backpack be kosher to use for a MkIV apothecary?
>>
a friend of mine wants to play against me this saturday but he only has 1000 points of IG. Is it actually possible to play horus heresy stuff at 1000 points or will it look like crap?
>>
So I've heard here before that Garro and the Knights errant will be agents of the emperor or something, so they're not their own force.

Does anyone know what this means exactly?

I should be able to run him with Solar Auxilia right?
>>
>>43822025
Agents of the Emperor/Warmaster is simply a way of noting where they fit on the Allies matrix. So they will be their own force, and they will be able to ally with Loyalist Auxilia.
>>
>>43822009
It's possible, but it's rough. 30k stuff encourages large units by having them become exponentially cheaper the more models you add. This means that small forces with minimal units suffer.
>>
File: proxy.png (315 KB, 613x208) Image search: [Google]
proxy.png
315 KB, 613x208
>>43821998
Sure, why not?

Forge World are always cool with reasonable proxies in general as long as nothing's confusing. They even went to great lengths to explain (18 months ago) that 40k-style Rhinos and Land Raiders were being prototyped by some forces, and that all sorts of custom super-heavies were being experimented with, so go ahead and use 40K IG/Marine Lords of War because there'll be something like it somewhere in 30K, so why not in your army?

Forge World just want everyone to have fun. Only GW proper are dicks about stuff like that, and even then it's more a problem with their craziest customers than with themselves.
>>
List I'm planning to build as my main force.

It's an odd number of points as I'm planning on taking allies to fill in the rest.

Solar Auxilia 2135 points

HQ:

- Auxilia Tactical Command section, 5 extra Auxilia - 100 points

Elites:

- 3 Rapier Quad Launchers - 180 points

Troops:

2 x Lasrifle Sections, blast-chargers, each with an Aegis Defence line w/ a Quan gun - 430 points

Veletaris Storm Section, Vox, Powerfist - 140 points
-Dracosan transport, Demolisher cannon, flare shield, armoured ceramite - 215 points

Velentaris Storm Section - 115 points
--Dracosan transport, Demolisher cannon, flare shield, armoured ceramite - 215 points

Heavy Support:

2 Leman Russ executioners - 400 points

1 Leman Russ executioner - 200 points

2 Cyclops demolition vehicles - 140 points

What do you guys think?

Planning on adding Garro, Custodes, Sisters of Silence or whatever I feel like when they come out.
>>
>>43821676
...the 2nd and 11th legions are the expunged Legions.
>>
>>43821998

Yes. The arm might look a little hamfisty, but if you're ok with it there shouldnt be a problem.
My HH group is pretty lenient. I think as long as you make an effort to keep the arsthetic 30k, and paint your stuff, people will be happy to include you.

Guys who use 40k special weapons on everything, or use 90% 40k models, have no relevant rulebooks handy, dont bother painting, or try to 'fluff in' their Xeno formation vs. your MEQ list - should be shunned.
>>
>>43821873

10 Volite Culverins isnt overkill. You will see a lot of meq in most HH games, 10 Culverins in a Rhino is gonna wreck your opponents blob, take out his advance units, or at the very least make him direct a lot of early attention onto that Rhino.
Theres a Night Lords guy in our group that runs a bunch of Volkite on his infiltrating squads, and a support squad of 10 Culverins. With precision shots, all his stuff causing fear, and A Talent for Murder - its disgusting what he does to us.
>>
>>43823794
Orks and eldar wouldn't be unfluffy to fight at all. I get it if the tau, necron or nid guys try and pull something though.
>>
>>43821775
Yeah I believe it. I stopped playing at the local GW and switched to the flgs because of a similar situation.
The store alpha who played Taudar wouldnt let me field a Fire Raptor in my shitty CSM Rhino list (2000 points). He claimed FW was cheese, and proceeded to berate me for trying to use it. His douchey sidekicks and the redshirt joined in.
I havent set foot in there since. Luckily the flgs has a way bigger and diverse playerbase.
>>
>>43823977
>nids
As long as they aren't spamming FMCs you'll probably roll over anything else they bring.
>>
>>43821240
Redshirts are generally against Forgeworld because they see it as direct competition with their store.

If you start bringing in superior FW models, other people in the store might decide they want in on that too. Which is potentially taking sales away from his brick and mortar.

So they lie and spread misinformation amongst their regulars and customers. Its detrimental to the company as a whole for several reasons. But its GW, so yeah.
>>
>>43824030
Right, but the point is they weren't around in the universe during the heresy.
>>
>>43824089
Meh. A hundred other insectoid races were wiped out during the Great Crusade. Call them something else and you'll be fine.
>>
>>43823977

I wouldnt play Eldar with an HH army. That codex is too powerful in 40k, it would absolutely stomp a meq force.

Orks I could see making an exception for if the guy was cool and his Orks were well modeled/painted.

I left 40k for HH to play a more flavorful and balanced game set in the WH40k universe. If I wanted to see formations and all the stupid shit 40k consists of, Id just play 40k.

Thats what these retards dont understand. Let me see your Crusade/Heresy era Legion, Mechanicum, or human force. Show me how you modeled your Moritat or how you got a perfect blend on Sevatars skin cloak.
I dont give a fuck about how many rerolls or free upgrades your book gave you for buying models x, y, and z. Keep that mess where it belongs.
>>
>>43821376
Maybe Malcador is just a narcissist. Explains why he hacked off his buddy's kids' heads to make arm rests.
>>
Ok, I got BaC and some word bearer upgrades:
20 shoulder pads
10 torso's
10 helmets

I'm thinking of mixing the torsos/helmets up so they arnt necessarily paired with eachother on each model, but I'm curious how that would look. Does anyone have pics of people using JUST upgrade torsos and/or JUST upgrade word bearer helmets?
>>
File: 1446835373576.jpg (463 KB, 842x1190) Image search: [Google]
1446835373576.jpg
463 KB, 842x1190
>>43819710
Anyone know about this?
>>
>>43824451
I'd grab 10 more shoulders. Once everyone has a shoulder, hand out torsos and heads to squad leaders.
>>
>>43824241
Ah right, if it's about rules then fair enough. I thought you were only talking about fluff there.
>>
>>43814454
> minus Legion specific units

does that mean no Lion, Luther, Astelan and Cypher models and background? I hope there is more than: take plasma 5 pt cheaper and be vanilla otherwise.
>>
>>43824500
ScanAnon mentioned a general or two back he's still working on it. His new scanner is way slower apparently.
>>
>>43824567
Yup, no named characters. They might get a consul/praetor special choice like all the other Legions though.
>>
>>43824567
That is what it means, yes. Just Legion rules.
>>
>Play Questoris Knight Crusade
>Opponent is a Death Guard list tailored against MEQ
>There is literally nothing most of his army can do other than sit on objectives
I felt kind of bad for the guy, but at the same time it's his own fault for tailoring his list to just handle one type of opponent. He'd have suffered equally against a regular Mechanicum list.
>>
>>43824502
that's what I did with DAngles. The shipment arrived and I must say: they torsos and helmets look so awesome, I should have ordered more. I don't know if they are worth the price and mixing gives me greater diversity... but damn the FW parts look awesome. But I already said that...
>>
>>43824777
>playing a knight list in 30k
Could you be any more of a colossal faggot?
>>
>>43824852

They made the Knight List for 30k, and I play Knights myself. I love the idea of an army of Mecha. And if the enemy army is tailored right, you can lose all too easily. It's more of a challenge to win with Knights then most other armies.
>>
File: absolutelysickening.jpg (203 KB, 535x464) Image search: [Google]
absolutelysickening.jpg
203 KB, 535x464
>>43824852
The knight list in 30k is both way more interesting, and way more balanced with the inclusion of incredibly powerful units in the 30k meta.
>>
>>43824852
Hey, you have entire squads of melta weapons in your Troops slots. And Primarchs who can beat the everliving shit out of a Knight while being resistant to most of their guns. And Rapiers for dirt cheap anti-armour guns. Not to mention that I run a list with Castellax for that sweet, sweet non-super-heavy support.
>>
File: Sabre_Rhino.jpg (44 KB, 550x343) Image search: [Google]
Sabre_Rhino.jpg
44 KB, 550x343
>>43824567
Supposedly we're getting RoW for Deathwing, Ravenwing, and Ironwing.

I'd expect we'll see a special unit for each when those come out, and probably a PA unit. Hopefully some Calibanite Knights as a unit like Apothecaries or a Consul type, but more likely a veteran special weapon squad.
>>
>>43824973

We'll probably see Dreadwing Destroyer Squads as one unique unit option.
>>
>>43824875
>It's more of a challenge to win with Knights then most other armies.
Knight players logic, what it really means is this:
>sometimes the enemy list tailors because they know I'm playing my gay Knight army and then I lose because they brought a ridiculous amount of anti-tank

Knight armies are always the most skill deprived shit ever, you have 5 models for your entire army and your only tactic is to kill enough of the enemy's anti-tank weapons so they can't hurt you any more.

>>43824899
And what if you're against an opponent who likes to run 20-man tac blobs because they are fluffy and cool?

He's just spent 600 odd points on units that can only sit on objectives or tarpitt.

Knight lists are always 1 dimensional and shit.
>>
>>43824852
Only people who haven't fought knights in 30k say this.
>>
>>43824995
>And what if you're against an opponent who likes to run 20-man tac blobs because they are fluffy and cool?
Well, he'd be equally fucked against literally any Mechanicum list except one spamming Adsecularis. Or tank-heavy Auxilia. So he can bitch that not everyone just runs MEQ by himself in a corner because he refuses to prepare some anti-tank.
>>
>>43824965
>Hey, you have entire squads of melta weapons in your Troops slots.
I play Solar Auxilia.

Even if I didn't though, it's not hard for 5 knights to take out several tactical support squads.
>>
>>43825020
except Mechanicum troops are either T5 or T7 IIRC.

Marines can still hurt them.
>>
>>43825029
Okay, so you have outflanking Vanquishers, possibly the best anti-tank Rapiers in the game, and Demolisher cannons everywhere. You should have it even easier.
>>
>>43825059
Yeah I'm not saying it's hard. Even my normal troops can glance knights.

It's doesn't make it any less gay. The whole game is just a rush to see if he can kill my dedicated anti-tank weapons fast enough.
>>
>>43825041
Right, but one Myrmidon Destructor with an Irradiation Engine can easily kill 10 marines in one shot. 2+ To Wound with PE and an AP3 weapon.

Most smart players would be running their 20 man blob in a Spartan or a Kharybdis though.
>>
>>43825093
Do you even play the missions? The knight player is going to have a hell of a time capping objectives with his 1 or 2 Troop Knights. In the half dozen or so games I've played against knights, it's always been pretty close in terms of VPs. However, every time the knight player loses a knight it has a pretty demoralizing effect.
>>
>>43825059
>possibly the best anti-tank Rapiers in the game
Wait what, they are identical to legion ones except they are bs3?
>>
>>43816010
Two Calth boxes could be 60 bolter marines - or you can get 6 missile launchers, 6 meltaguns, 6 flamers, 6 plasma guns, 6 heavy bolters, 6 sergeants, and 24 bolter guys. Remember that in 30k, your regular tac squads don't get ANY special or heavy weapon. You can take a squad of troops with nothing but special weapons - but it can't fill a required troop slot. And you can take a squad of nothing but heavy weapons. So if you want the option of a flamer squad, you'll need a minimum of 4 or 5.

At that point you can pick up the additional bolter marines as needed. And FW sells them in sets at a discount (i.e. still pretty expensive), but those sets don't come with anything but bolters, so it makes sense to get special/heavy from the Calth box where you can.
>>
>>43825093
Except most of my shit won't be scoring, so if you actually take out the scoring Knights, I'm going to have to start going after objectives and make hard choices between attacking anti-tank and scoring units. Especially now that Castellax are no longer scoring.

I mean, yeah, if all you do is play straight up kill missions that's not very fun.
>>
>>43824973
how did FW handle character models until now? Did they wait for the next book and include them or did they just release a rule sheet for download?
>>
>>43825242

They released a Rulesheet so people could play them and send feedback, and then include the rules in the next book.
>>
>>43825242
Characters were in the book along with their Legion Rules. Some Legions got extra characters later on in other books though such as the 4 Isstvan III Legions getting more stuff in Book II and the Word Bearers getting more stuff in Book V. Forge World has stated they're doing DA, BA and WS this way so people who are waiting for those Legions can start sooner on building their armies.
>>
Can Rapier's fire laser destroyers the turn they arrive from deep strike?
>>
>>43825398
No they can't.
>>
started an iron warrior army using betrayal at calth and some vehicles from 40k I already own. made:
>praetor
>centurion (using as master of the signal right now because I don't particularly like the fw model)
>15 tacs
>10 veterans
>5 iron havocs
>5 terminators
>contemptor
>2 rhinos
>vindicator
>land raider

what should I buy from fw first? got 20 iron warrior shoulder pads from gw already, not gonna buy the fw torsos because the iw ones are crap
>>
>>43825604
Before you get decimated Anon.
>>
>>43814967
Is that guy looking under his skirt ?
>>
>>43823977
I'd totally play Nids. The Battle for murder is one of my favorite parts of the heresy series. The megarachnid are literally just Nids. Their description is so close to what we see from current 40k nids its hard to believe theyre not a splinter hive fleet.
>>
>>43825640
s-sorry my lord of course I was gonna buy you first.... n-no way I was gonna side with kyr valhen....
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.