[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Eternal Crusade
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: eternal.jpg (45 KB, 530x300) Image search: [Google]
eternal.jpg
45 KB, 530x300
Are any of you already playing this? What do you think of it so far?
>>
>>43810002
> meh
Until I see something ork then I'll be excited
>>
>>43810002
It barely runs on my toaster but from what I could tell it plays exactly like Space Marine and the character design is pretty goofy looking.
>>
>>43811025
It's really badly optimized, I suppose this'll change in the future.
>>
File: Fire_Dragon_wargear.png (499 KB, 561x600) Image search: [Google]
Fire_Dragon_wargear.png
499 KB, 561x600
>>43810002

Have they shown Eldar yet? The only reason I haven't stopped caring entirely is because I might finally get my Aspect Warrior fix.
>>
>>43811135
Nothing shown yet, no. I believe there was some rumour going around hinting at a "eldar surprise" around christmas.
>>
>>43810002
>founders asking to be more special both in game and for the game's direction
>non grindable currency that you can pay for to have exclusive stuff
>"sidegrades" exclusive contents for founders
>still no xenos in sight
>free to waaagh postponed after launch
>the only hyping things about this are old promises and hopes on things that aren't even in

I want to believe in my tyranid hunter flyboy but shit is getting difficult.
>>
>>43811870
>founders asking to be more special both in game and for the game's direction
Wasn't that a big "No" from the developers pretty early on?
>>
>>43810002
Even though it's terribly optimized, for an alpha it's pretty fun. The gunplay feels good, and you actually feel like you're in a fight in the 40k universe when your team works together. I must say that anyone who drives a predator needs to pay more attention, the clueless fucks never see me coming when I pull my melta bombs.

In short, it's still got plenty of promise and potential.
>>
>>43811870
The sidegrades are going to be available to everyone come launch and I'm pretty sure the developers vetoed the whole special treatment issue. Though founders get some bonus shinies and trophies. The ork punch dagger is pretty nice imo.
>>
>>43811915
The "No" was to founder exclusive upgrades that were strictly better than what you could get ingame. The stuff you can get from the Rogue Trader Store are cosmetic items as well as some sidegrades (which will be, as far as I understand it, also be available for ingame currency, just not necessarily with the same looks).
Giving founders the opportunity to influence the direction the game takes actually makes sense. I mean, they're the people who apparently want to play your game so much they're willing to put out money up front for an unfinished product - if they got some ideas along the way on how to improve that product, listening to them probably isn't the worst idea.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.