[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Infinity General: A__ Worshipping Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40
File: infinity snipers.jpg (39 KB, 1200x480) Image search: [Google]
infinity snipers.jpg
39 KB, 1200x480
>Infinity is a 28mm skirmish game by Corvus Belli where where you take an accepted risk of harassment by going prone.

>Official site:
http://www.infinitythegame.com/

>All the rules are for free. Buying the books is only relevant for fluff:
http://www.infinitythegame.com/archive.php

>Provisional Catalog where you can look at pretty pictures of the miniatures you're thinking of getting:
http://www.infinitythegame.com/catalogue/

>Rules wiki:
http://wiki.infinitythegame.com/en/Main_Page

>Official Army Builder:
http://www.infinitythegame.com/army

>N3 Hacker Helper:
http://www.captainspud.com/n3hacking/

>Batreps:
http://www.youtube.com/#/playlist?list=PLzrPO7KIAtwXlOUh545nq21WQaW7YxuGc

>Terrain:
http://pastebin.com/Hy9SRkmJ

>Faction Rundown:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/mqaaf5fosmti5b4/Infinity_Faction_Rundown_v.1.3.rtf

>All Consolidated Rules:
https://mega.co.nz/#!DhhlRLqJ!6T_kh36C9oLG8kCAJq1e5e_Eu9GO0pU8_hexY2zCcp0

>Latest news is the Economically Questionable RPG Kickstarter
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/modiphius/corvus-bellis-infinity-roleplaying-game

>The Actual Faction Poll
http://strawpoll.me/5146634

>Scans (More Needed):
http://www.mediafire.com/download/a6nel34mw0la3bb/Infinity+1st+edition+Rulebook.pdf
http://www.mediafire.com/download/wd3pbtpjp5w9dig/Infinity+-+Corvus+Belli+S.L.L.+-+Human+Sphere.pdf

>Last thread:
>>43745077
>>
>>43806572
I would agree that Kotails are a bit ridiculous, Tohaa were given a rather solid start, but "hey, play hard or go home" is what I always say.
>>
What are you building right now?

I have couple of Armbots and Fusiliers on the table.
>>
File: tiger soldiers.jpg (36 KB, 812x539) Image search: [Google]
tiger soldiers.jpg
36 KB, 812x539
>>43807665
I'm not building much, because I'm trying not to buy stuff I don't need and I already have my full army, but I am trying out some different basing techniques on these test models. I didn't paint them to a standard I like, but I liked how the bases turned out.
>>
>>43807508
>dat pic
>hnnnnggh
>>
New profiles up. Ranges are stealthy, Domarus got more dakka.
>>
>>43807955
Yeah, funny thing. When I first started playing in 2013 I thought the Domaru had a combi-rifle, so I played it as such, then I read that it actually had a chain rifle, so I had to wallow in self pity for playing things wrong, and promptly corrected it in later games. Now they can have combi-rifles and its come full circle.
>>
>>43807728
Probably just the picture, but those look tad brown.
>>
>>43807624

Kotails are balanced by the fact that once they take a wound, they're just an ARM 0 bs 12 Kamael. They're still awesome of course.
>>
>>43808002
I wouldn't be surprised, I used Scrofulous brown over Vomit brown.

My $70 camera from 2007 is bad at picking up orange and yellow colors, giving them an overly pastel look to them, and obviously not appropriate for taking pictures in of miniatures 2015. I just don't have an alternative like a camera phone that outclasses it.
>>
>>43807955

Honestly if Rangers had mimetism,they would just flat out replace paracommandos in vanilla. Molotok is better for AD than an HMG, SMG FO is better than a rifle. They can still sneak around in people's ZoC and go Van Zant on non melee TAGs.
>>
Ever seen anyone do this kind of effect for a Hac Tao or some other camo troop?
>>
>>43808122
I saw a Hac Tao with that recently on the main forums. I'll try and find it for you.
>>
>>43807665
I got a link team of briscards and 2 zouaves to paint by Sunday. Once that's done I can work on getting the rest of my minis painted up casually.
>>
>USAriadna boxset for 50 dollars at MM

Would two of these fit well together for a full list?

I expect this isn't the best for cheapfinity, but I find it hard to pass on such a fair price...
>>
>>43808200

Pretty okay if you use the unmounted maverick as a foxtrot. That's four right there.

I wouldn't use two devil dogs necessarily but everyone else could be used with some light proxying

I would get a grunt SWC box with it
>>
File: TO.jpg (185 KB, 1600x1349) Image search: [Google]
TO.jpg
185 KB, 1600x1349
>>43808122
Obligatory

Can you spot the ninja?
>>
>>43808473
Yeah, he's in the center there - they preserved his skull upsidedown; he must have been caught as a peeping-tom.
>>
I didn't paint anything, even a dot, nada for 3 months now... Punish me /tg/, show me the true way to painting redemption..
>>
>>43808473
Is that an oniwaban converted to hold a boarding shotgun?
>>
>>43808835

Pick a simple scheme, typically start with one color as base and assign different colors as your secondary and tertiary colors (this isn't talking about highlights, this is overall color designation)

Once you have that planned out imho its easy to just sit down and assembly line paint
>>
>>43809020
I enjoy painting in studio colours (well about in 90%) so 'simple scheme' is not an option. Godamit I'm a lazy bastard...
>>
>>43809080

Studio schemes are pretty simple these days, they're just detailed. Also they're airbrushed which is hard to emulate by hand
>>
>>43808835
Don't buy anything new that until you paint the old.
Prime your models.
if they're primed base coat your models with two other colors.
>>
File: image.png (289 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
image.png
289 KB, 640x960
>>43808835
Paint some models you lazy piece of shit. The journey of 1000 painted models starts with base coating 1.
>>
File: USA all the way.jpg (329 KB, 1620x1080) Image search: [Google]
USA all the way.jpg
329 KB, 1620x1080
Beginner's Blog: A friend of mine is trying to get me into the game, and after hours of research I still don't know exactly what I'll be picking up. To be honest, I don't know if I'll be going into the deep end with this, on account of my meager wage and small game circle; but that being said, I do know I want to give it an honest try.

I've looked at OP Icestorm extensively, and the 1-stop-shop experience seems perfect, but I just don't have any use for two different mini armies. Admittedly, neither of these two factions interest me in particular, but they're not the worst bunch of minis in the world (far from it). I believe you can get the forces individually, but sans special characters? Certainly would be easier if I had someone to split this with, but there are other options

Speaking of, I did notice there's one other starter set, for US Ariadna, and it is on sale! Now these guys seem kinda cool if a tad vanilla, it's also way more affordable and offers a nice spread of unit types.

I'm curious, how well does the USA starter stack up to operation icestorm starter forces?

Having huge figures and a vehicle make it seem more intriguing, but I have never played this so I really don't know if it's all flash and no bang or if they really are that bad ass.

I don't know pointswise what those three forces come out to, but simply put I don't want to get too crazy with list building or odds and ends hunting, so what can I expect from using just what's in the box?
>>
>>43810784
Pointwise you get about the same same number, but Ariadna tends to be cheaper in general and so more spammy. There are plenty of starters of six models, but USAriadna is the only one to have a army pack of this kind. Whether you get Icestorm or battlebox, you need some additional puraches to make a full tournament army. 300 points is most common and these deals net you roughly around 150 points.

I'd say the bike unit is well worth its price and Werevolves are kinda funny to play. But as said, you probaby want some more. USAdriana is the newest sectorial and as so it has the fewest models and units. You might want to play vanilla at start instead. Try the listmaker @
http://www.infinitythegame.com/army/
play around and see f you can make a list that satisfies your aesthetic eye and wallet. Just remember to have enough orders per group.
>>
File: 20151124_214032.jpg (2 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20151124_214032.jpg
2 MB, 4128x2322
HMG Nisses in the works!
I'll be dome with him tomorrow and then start my HVT.
Which one would serve me best?
Marine Officer or Bounty Hunter from the N3 pre order?
>>
>>43810784

USAriadna is a fine place to start but be forewarned they play a little differently than most armies in the game.

Look a the Grunt models. If you think they're hot shit, then USAriadna is for you. If you don't, don't play it because you're going to be using a lot of them. It's USAriadnas whole schtick.
>>
File: ariadna_01-001.jpg (141 KB, 800x400) Image search: [Google]
ariadna_01-001.jpg
141 KB, 800x400
>>43811012
I figured that the OP Icestorm armies were close to the same points so long as you kept the exclusive figures, and maybe then still coming up a hair short -- but are you saying that they are actually comparable?

Also I like Ariadna for units like Spetznaz and shit, with no real interest in Wolves, but I'll admit the models are really fucking great looking so that opinion might change.

Also since you indicate I won't get away with a single purchase, what do I need to add to this exactly? Sure looks like a lot to sink my teeth into as an introductory romp.
>>
File: CVB280174.jpg (852 KB, 2272x1080) Image search: [Google]
CVB280174.jpg
852 KB, 2272x1080
>>43811192
I actually find the Grunts to be really boring overall, but I like the biker/bomb disposal look of the rest of the gang.

To be honest, I think it's the helmet deign that has me hung up on em... everything else is OK -- would probably lop all their heads off and use 3rd party replacements

Balaclavas and swat helmets would be perfect
>>
>>43811248

Look closer on the rifle grunts in the starter box, one has a balakava and sun glasses. They come out looking pretty cool when painted.

Marauders and Minutemen are just grunts with slightly different uniforms. That's not to say you can't take plenty of stuff that isn't grunts, but you'll have at least 5 in every list
>>
>>43811308
I actually plan to put balacklavas on all of them, probably with greenstuff

Because I fucking hate painting faces

Probably gonna remove the binocular thingies from the minuteman too and make him a loup garou-style or welder style blast shield

Only the bearded guys will be spared, the magnificent bastards
>>
>>43811597
Balaclava seems to be one of the most frequently misspelled words.
>>
>>43811597

B-b-but that's his xvisor!

I'm up to ten grunts now, no regrets. My favorite line infantry in the game in both rules and models
>>
File: Baklava(RobertK)[1].jpg (362 KB, 1400x933) Image search: [Google]
Baklava(RobertK)[1].jpg
362 KB, 1400x933
>>43811611
I know right? You'd think it's deliciousness would contribute to its memorability.
>>
>>43811748
Gotta admit, it took me a moment.
>>
>>43811611
>>43811748
In my defense english isn't my first language

You guys know you like putting k's in weird ass places
>>
>>43811196
Icestorm has a example armies in its leaflet, that are made from the contents of the box + two boxes, that made playable though not the most competitive lists. What those two boxes or blisters are depends largely from you. Notice that Icestorm models are also in two separate starters, not including the two exclusive models, ofc. Grunt box, for example, doesn't have the best points/$ ration, and you stated you disliked their heads, but it's an okay way to expand force.

Actually USAdriana is kind of hard to build currently without bying half a dozen blister among other things or proxying hard.
>>
>>43811840

Suck it, Cuban

I could go for some fried plantains right now, fug
>>
Someone repost our mighty sexually demorphised Cyber samurai pls
>>
>>43811852
>USAdriana is kind of hard to build currently
Blackjack/Minuteman Box/Marauder Box fucking when.
>>
>>43811885
>>
>>43811196

What he's saying is the USAriadna box is about comparable to either side of the Icestorm box. It has more models but each guy is cheaper.

Wolves arent every bodies cup of tea but the Devil dog is a pretty awesome model and he's basically the point man door kicker who can jump over buildings. He's unique compared to other wolves because he has a real gun.

And no you won't really get away with just the starter box. The Grunt box is a great next step as Grunts are the reason anyone plays USAriadna. After that, a couple Foxtrots and maybe a Spec Ops or two (that guy on the far left of your pic, he can be legally proxied as anything so he's a very versatile buy) will fill you out pretty well.
>>
>>43811852

It's actually really easy if you're okay proxying grunts/a minuteman as marauders. Dismounted maverick counting as a foxtrot, you can just buy the old school booney hat foxtrot and a spec ops to have all 4. After that, 5 man grunt link + proxied marauder Haris and the rest of your starter box can get you 300 no problem. That's starter box + two blisters and the grunt box
>>
>>43811885
>>43811948

Eh. Even if they do look better, there still isn't much reason to take them. Even in JSA.
>>
>>43807665
I got two colours on a Tomcat and an Alguacil and have a Fusilier and a Nisse awaiting priming. But that's for the weekend.
>>
Just checking in to ask if the cute new Pano trauma doc has gotten a sculpt yet
>>
>>43812001
I've run USAriadna, so proxying isn't new for me. Briscards made okay Marauders (mostly right weapons), but this>>43811904
>>
>>43812624
Sadly, no.
>>
>>43811948
From their statblocks alone they look like better and cheaper Teutons.
Are Teutons also bad or is there something about JSA that makes Domarus bad in it?
>>
>>43812727

Whiny players too used to having shit HI that aren't dolls.

Seriously, their combi rifle profile when linked isn't bad at all and can be filled with cheap chain rifles for defense and eventual melee. They can be a decent 10 wound 5 man link for like 120 points which isn't bad at all
>>
>>43811904

Blackjacks aren't getting a multi model box. They're going to be S5 bad boys like Azrails. Hopefully they're mini tags instead of big HI
>>
>>43812804
That's what I thought, they can basically run around and threaten even at 3-link, with their E/M grenades and decent CC skills. They look like they'd wreck knights twice their cost any day. Martial Arts 3 with Berserk alone seems very powerful.
Note that I'm looking at this from a PanO knightaboo perspective.
>>
>>43811862
Oh I know man I havent eaten shit today I'm starving
>>
>>43813001

I'm not sure what people want from them to make them "better". SWC besides a spitfire on them would be terrible since they'd be paying for long range and CC like imperial agents. Maybe it's the lack of Panzerfausts
>>
>>43812727

Oh idk. Maybe the haramaki which fills the same role?
>>
>>43813053
I never looked at Yu Jing unit profiles before.
Yeah, it is a bit like choosing between a Magister link and a Teuton link, though both seem inferior to their Nippon counterparts at "close combat cheap HI with anti-armour weapons".
inb4 folded 1000 times
>>
>>43813053

Who are worse in melee in exchange for a contender and blitzen? They're still good, but a 5 man domaru link is not bad since the profile update. Haramaki can't take a linked spitfire
>>
Hi guys, I need some help. I am looking into the remotes for my neoterra army and I have a few questions.

do people usually mind if I use both Bulleteers from the box as heavy shotgun or heavy spit fire? I don't want to buy two damn boxes as they are steep.

What are the Mulebots for? and whatis the point of the clipper?
>>
Just how viable is a Mercs army? I want to make one but I'm unsure if it's playable or not.
>>
>>43813262

No one will even notice the difference between your bulleteers, don't sweat it.

Mulebots are for cheap 8 point baggage orders and for being a TR platform.

Clipper is solely there for its smart missile system
>>
>>43813262
>do people usually mind if I use both Bulleteers from the box as heavy shotgun or heavy spit fire? I don't want to buy two damn boxes as they are steep.

Infinity community in general is very chill about proxying.

>What are the Mulebots for?
One is for sweeping mines/cheap order, EVO Repeater one is very good if you plan on using a lot of Combat Jump units and the last one is a cheap defensive thing, but it doesn't look worth the points IMO.

>and whatis the point of the clipper?
Target someone with a Forward Observer, then shoot smart missiles at him from the Clipper without LoF needed and with a +6. And being shot at with AP+DA, the target will die.
>>
>>43813333
Not at all.
>>
>>43813404
Can you elaborate?
>>
>>43813262
I don't think anyone will really mind.

Mulebots are your stable baggage platform. Baggage can be helpful in certain scenarios, as it lets you contest areas with more points than you pay for. And then there's EVO repeater, which is supposed to change into weird support robohacker in HS N3. Last but not leasst you have another TR-bot for that extrra alue control. Clipper on the other hand is your average smart missile launcher.

Do these have synergies in Neoterra? Possibly. I'm interested the potential of the upcoming EVO hacking device. Possibly it could boost the Garuda? Targeting isn't really Neoterras forte, so smart missile launcher is probably a waste . Well, maybe it could work with Deva Hacker and some repeaters...
>>
>>43813438
Mercs don't exist as an army anymore. They're scattered among sectorals.
>>
So, since the Shasvastii sectorial is getting the boot, what do you think is going to replace it.

I really hope it's something along the lines of an "Evolved Intelligence Aspect Force" or something like that. A force that is nothing but a network of synthetic lifeforms slaved to an aspect of the EI.

Call me crazy, but a sectorial where Unidrone Batroides are Availability: Total sounds awesome.
>>
>>43813438
>>43813462
Yeah, you could make something pretty close to Merc army with Quapu Khalqi, though.
>>
>>43813479
Shas are booted?
They added the lame darth tohaa dudes so more of that probably.
>>
>>43813479
Are you out of the loop? It's the Onyx somethingsomething whatever force. EI, sygmaa and some other units from other aliens too.

Shasvastiis are moved aside until they get how to remodel them. I wonder how they will redesign them.
>>
>>43813333

It's only playable as a QK list really, otherwise there aren't actually any rules for playing a random merc company now in N3.

>>43813178

If they can dog pile into the same target, seeing how they tend to come in packs in the first place, their 'lesser' CC ability isn't really relevant.

>>43813156

>'superior' to pan0 bullshit

M'kay.
>>
>>43813462
I miss Mercenary armies. They seemed like such a cool idea. Create scattered list which allows you to take just about any unit from any Human list you want and mix and match.

It seems like a great way to scale up games when your miniature collection is spotty. I can see how such a list would be ripe for abuse, but why not just ban them in tournaments? Removing pure Mercenary lists seems like a decision motivated solely by money.
>>
>>43813438

Because Mercs aren't actually a seperate army that you can field. There's Qapu Khalki which can be entirely fielded as Mercs if you want but it's still Haqqislam and it doesn't have access to all the mercenaries. Granted, a Merc army probably would end up looking a lot like a QK list but with more bounty hunters and named characters. And Anaconda, I guess.

Rumor has it CB is planning two mercenary sectorials, one for red star and another unknown. All the merc models would be split between the two, apparently.

I would be fine with someone who came to Infinity night with a custom Merc list. Hell my fan idea for a Merc army right now is: QK with all native Haqq units replaced with all the named and generic Merc units missing from QK. Wouldn't have to change much and you'd have your Corregidor mercenaries too
>>
>>43813486
Aw, I guess I'll see what can be done with Qapu Khalpi, then.
faction rundown must be outdated as fuck
>>
>>43813479

Shas are just getting booted out of HSN3, not the game. They're going to be redesigned to not be a bad sectorial and actually sell models. Like what they did with Morats

>>43813557

Because taking an Aquila Guard, an intruder and some Galwegians was fucking broken.
>>
>>43813529
Shas and MRRF are skipped in HS rewrite and replaced with USAdriana and Onyx. They are still legal, but don't get new units. In Acheron falls they will be reintroduced, shas need new aesthetics/resculpts and frenchies are supposed to refocus on the upcoming reinforcement rules to better convey their fluff.
>>
>>43813547

But domaru can dogpile a unit just as easily as haramaki now and believe me, having link bonus on an already CC23+berserk is a great way to chop a Jotum in half
>>
>>43813557

Idk, wouldn't merc lists actually *encourage* sales? Especially for less popular factions? Even if it's more pick/mix?

>>43813558

It's White Star (Druze and friends) and maybe Beiyan something (Kaplan and friends) iirc. And sometimes QK can looks like a Corregidor-wannabe list.
>>
>>43813586

Taking Aquila and any smokes it can see through is the definition of broken. At least other MSV3 units have to pay way more for that combo in their own lists.
>>
>>43813680

Pretty much. Take an interventor, an Akbar doctor, Ariadna infiltrating camo specialists and Jaguars in essentially a Neoterra list. Bam, list optimized
>>
>>43813557
Hopefully they bring them back in HS 2.0 with improved rules to make Mercenaries a viable list.
>>
>>43813747
>an Akbar doctor
isn't that just the janissary at the moment?
>>
What character will you play in the rpg?
>>
Anyone have any idea what the status on the new Maghriba is?
>>
>>43814018

Happening but not yet. Guija was first in line
>>
>>43813919
Halal Waifu. I don't care when. I don't care how. I just gotta do it!
>>
>>43813919
A semi alcoholic Makiel.
>>
>>43813338
>>43813369
>>43813459

Thank you for the info. I have one more question, how do you represent a Pathfinder Remote? I don't see a model for it
>>
>>43813919

Dual pistol Ariadnan cowboy

Or

Intel spec ops to be the first Ariadnan to receive substantial cybernetic enhancement. Russian Adam Jenson but sorta asked for this.
>>
>>43814332
I mean Makaul
>>
Newb question:
Minelayer:

Say you have your deployment zone, it says you can place the mine within the minelayer's ZoC. Can the mines be placed outside of the player's 12" deployment zone but withing the ZoC?
>>
>>43814619

Yes exactly.
>>
just watched reign of fire
i need to do usariadna for van zant
>>
>>43807778

Classic blunder general? Classic blunder general!

It really does capture the essence of Infinity, though.
>>
This Celestial Guard. What is he doing? Is he in the middle of some kind of knock knock joke?
>>
>>43814983

He's hacking. Augmented Reality makes you look hella stupid.
>>
>>43814833
OP here. I took the liberty of actually looking up the source of that, finding out it's a fanwork based on a game called Overwatch. I hadn't heard of it before, but I'll admit for confusing it for Infinity. Looked similar enough. Yeah, my bad. Hope you forgive me.
>>
>>43814453
>"I'm a professional Russian."
>>
>>43813919
IF I get the opportunity (none of my local meta caters for RPGs. Scrubs.) then a shotgun wielding Kazak with a love for cheap catgirls and vodka.
>>
>>43814619
>>43814718
No. Any mines/koalas/etc the are on the table at the beginning of the game must follow the deployment zones of it's originator.
>>
>>43813607
There is no link bonus for melee. It just gets up up there in a mass faster.

Out of Link Domaru have a solid if niche place. They create zones which opponents don't want to fuck with and even can be LT in JSA. Hoping for alternate link option in n3hs
>>
>>43815100
Just play online if you can't find locals.
>>
>>43815172

Where does it say that?

Because the only restriction on the wiki is placing it in the enemy deployment zone.

http://wiki.infinitythegame.com/en/Minelayer
>>
>>43814983

>yo nigga, pound it
>>
>>43815305

Yeah nothing for the link specifically, but you can certainly break the link on the last move-attack and coordinated order 4 of them into shit wrecking something.
>>
Anyone got a mirror download link for the Infinity RPG? I don't like the drivethru site.
>>
>>43815915
http://infinitytheforums.com/forum/topic/30668-n3-faq-based-on-forum-results/

In the section for Minelayer.
>>
>>43816180

oh that sucks

>breaker rifles with marksmanship cause an ARM roll (shock) and a BTS roll (Breaker)

you.

fucking.

what
>>
Is there a full PDF of the Sept 2015 FAQ out there -
>>
Need to know what the FAQ says about stuff not in the book
>>
>>43816389
What the fuck?
>>
>>43816389
Yeah, makes Zhayedans with Breaker Rifles pretty scary.
>>
>>43816389
no, if you fail your roll against BTS it applies shock as well
>>
>>43818150
Okay anon, next time this comes up, I'll just say "no, I only take one roll because despite what the official FAQ thread on the official forums says, some faggot on 4chan gave me an unsupported one line answer to the contrary and I choose to believe him."
>>
>>43818205
do exactly that, word for word
>>
>>43814407
Dronbot box has the parts to make all 4 variants. Patfinder has a small gun.
>>
File: received_1688965571319774.jpg (135 KB, 1080x1845) Image search: [Google]
received_1688965571319774.jpg
135 KB, 1080x1845
Coming along smoothly!
All thats left is painting the eyes, blacklining and edge highlighting the armor and base and glazing the white parts on the gun.
>>
>>43819175
Cape looks a bit dull.
>>
>>43819187
Hmm yeah it does look pretty monotone.
Any ideas on how to spice it up?
Painting the fur another color?
The back of the coat looks better since I had room for some stippling and blacklining.
But the front could use some touches.
>>
>>43819187
How about painting the fur in the coat brown?
That would make it pop out of the coat and give some contrasting colors.
>>
>>43814983
I use him as a hacker but he is meant to be hand signaling to make it obvious he is the LT in the starter.
>>
>>43819187
After some consideration I'll repaint the coat a darker grey and glaze up some highlights.
I'll hopefully post results tonight.
>>
File: 20151125_042106-1.jpg (285 KB, 651x744) Image search: [Google]
20151125_042106-1.jpg
285 KB, 651x744
Hunzakut is done...after taking a few months break from Infinity.
>>
>>43820380
The picture is not great but the paintjob looks really nice.
>>
Tohaa battle cats
>Be a human operative a black op trying to figure out what they are up to.
The team they send to stop you have a lizard tiger beast (with guns) that tears your best mates head off.
>>
why isn't the token generator in the OP?

http://inf-dice.ghostlords.com/markers/
>>
>>43820380
BTW is she standing on top of a ZEN terrain HUB?
>>
hey /tg, still new to the game, trying to wrap my head around this (came up in our last game):

Missile launcher in template mode shoots at a group of guys huddled togehter (for cover) but some of them can't see the firing model.

Everyone gets to dodge right? (those who can't see get -3 or something?)
Is the shot cancelled if the "primary target" wins the FtF?
Do the "secondary targets" still get to dodge?
Do the "secondary targets" get to dodge when the shooter fails at the BS roll?

Maybe this is all real easy, it just feels weird for the AROs of those who aren't directly shot at (or maybe this primary secondary stuff is all bullshit on my part)
>>
>>43821576
Yes, but it's still FtF against the attacker.
No
Yes
Yes

Basucally all your rolls are compared to the attacker individually. Efen if the main target wins, other targets under template can be hit if theu lose the FtF roll.
>>
>>43820380
Nice stuff, you've certainnly done the model justice.
>>
>>43821614
got it, thanks.

One more question: how does blast focus interact with that? can the template be blocked bei terrain or consoles and such, or is it like blast weapons in 40k and everything gets hit?
>>
>>43822624
http://wiki.infinitythegame.com/en/Template_Weapons_and_Equipment

It's not really clear but I'd say work it as an impact template with the point of origin being the point of impact
>>
>>43822624
>>43822729
Yeah, if the LoF between Blast focus and model is completely blocked by scenery, it isn't affected.
>>
>>43819175
It looks like you haven't done the cap at all, and you've not picked out any details in the yellow. So despite what looks like a lot of work has gone into shading yellow it looks plain and unshaded. Break it up a little by either exaggerating your shadows some more or maybe picking out some details in ochre.

You really need a colour to compliment the yellow because right now it is playing second fillow to your black/white, which is certainly not the strong point of your paintjob.

Hope that helps.. i'm a little scatterbrained..

The yellow is sweet btw.
>>
>>43822729
hmm... ok. I guess the normal terrain would block it, since the blast focus wouldn't be able to draw line of fire.

The tricky thing is the consoles, since they could be destroyed by Anti-Materiel damage - so you would lose your cover?
>>
>>43822889
>second fillow, wow... fiddle obviously...
>>
>>43820380
I can only dream of ever being able to paint this good.
>>
File: PanOc-N3-starter-1024x429.jpg (78 KB, 1024x429) Image search: [Google]
PanOc-N3-starter-1024x429.jpg
78 KB, 1024x429
>>43811852
Oh fuck, so it's looks more and more like getting this box set would just be a waste of time.... And I am missing out on sweet ass Father Claymore action.

Sigh, why couldn't they have made more starter sets for N3?? Shit's sold out everywhere...

I guess the USA set is on sale, I am just going to commit to it and maybe roll vanilla Ariadna in the long haul.

Wait... you can use these USA units in normal Ariadna lists, right? I understand if there are named characters/formations/equipments, but could I roll that into say an oldschool Ariadna starterbox and call it a day?

>>43811957
Well then my friend was wrong, because he said that the starter boxes are all equally balanced.

I like the Devil Dog and War-Mutt unit, but it would literally be a 1-off kinda thing for my list. Grunts for days is not a problem with me, because I like G.I.s and they sound like a great unit overall. Bikes are cool, but hoping for more stuff like... an attack chopper, or maybe some kind of dock powerloader armor (hope that doesn't sound terrible for Infinity).

I wish they made a starter for Tohaa or JSA already while they're at it... I just like having SETS of things, and I'm cheap as fuck so I want to use primarily what's in the box - and I am way to new at wargaming as a whole to knew how to armybuild myself, so having premade and balanced teams is really attractive to me, as well as other potential friends to play with.

Now, one box of extra Grunts doesn't sound like the end of the world though...

What else do I sorely need besides that to run 150 or 200 points?

I doubt I'll own a 300 point list this year, but I'm pacing myself because I hate getting burned by games that I never ever touch beyond a one night comicbook stand.
>>
File: HTB1_rMkJVXXXXXOXVXXq6xXFXXXq.jpg (187 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
HTB1_rMkJVXXXXXOXVXXq6xXFXXXq.jpg
187 KB, 800x800
>>43819175
do the fur like this

trust me, it'll look really fuckin pimpin
>>
>>43823550
Yes, vanilla can use USA units. There are only one profile I know of that is available to a sectorial and not vanilla, the CoC kempetai.
They do make tohaa and JSA starters. Look harder.
For 200, I would look at van zant and maybe a couple more foxtrots, another maverick. Idk the exact points. Most things in USA are worthwhile.
>>
>>43823550

Sorry that was my post and I don't think I was very clear:

The USAriadna box IS about equal in points and power to either side of the Icestorm box. It has more models but is about the same points wise. It also doesn't have a SWC weapon but it has a wolf and a link team so it evens out pretty fairly.

The box by itself comes out to about 150 all by itself. Add the grunt box and you hit 200 easily.
>>
>>43823550
You can take sectorial units in vanilla, but usually in more limited availability. I think only unit that you get more than you can take are Grunts (AVA 2, when you get 3), so it's not terrible idea, even if you don't proxy.

Armypacks and that starter net you around ~250 points plus upgrades, so a blister or two and you have pretty ok 300 points list.

There are lots of starter, but all have 6 modes, so pretty much none of them are army in itself. More like a starting point.
>>
>>43823618
how worthy are the Foxtrots if I have no snipers or rocket lobbing go-carts?

Also earlier I asked if you could just add the two USA start sets together -- it turns out to be 100 dollars on the nose, so I qualify for free shipping -- the worst news is that I couldn't pickup a copy of the official rulebook nor a handful of blisters I had my eye on.

Any good places to shop for Infinity besides Miniatures Market?

Also one last question -- I keep seeing sets like these pop up in searches, but they aren't really sold anywhere. What's the deal with that?

I'd totally rock this Riotgear army, but that old wolf would need to be put down, immediately.
>>
>>43813919
Ariadna Sniper
>>
>>43823756

Foxtrots are there to be scouts and are mandatory in USAriadna. 4 of them in every list. They're that good

Two USAriadna boxes + a grunt box makes an excellent 300 point list with spare models for variety.

Warstore, they're having Black Friday tonight too do look there

That's a recommended list,not actually a set. It's the starter box and a few purchases. That dog is Duroc and yeah I proxy him with the devil dog instead.
>>
File: 20151125_123005-1.jpg (249 KB, 567x687) Image search: [Google]
20151125_123005-1.jpg
249 KB, 567x687
>>43820423
Thanks. Yeah the camera made it look too gloomy.

>>43821093
She is! The Zen guys make some super neat stuff.

>>43821672
Thanks!

>>43823154
Well,...it's just practice.
>>
>>43823756
Those are from french sectorial, also Ariadnan units. Most of the stuff on the left is from MRRF-starter, then you have Mirage 5 (wolf and little Red ridinghood) Character unit, 112 (the fire fighter on the right, basically a cheap doctor) and Loup Garou (guys in riot gear, 4 come in a single box, the sniper is sold in separate blister).
>>
>>43823834
Ugh, not this "SPAM ALL THE CAMO IS YOU PLAY ARIADNA" -nonsense again. Foxtrots are barebones infiltrators and so pretty cheap and cost effective, but I don't recommend a newb to take 4 of them.
>>
>>43823834
far out, thanks for the help -- Warstore yousay? It's been ages since I've shopped there, I greatly appreciate the heads up.

>>43823746
Yeah I'll be completely transparent here -- I don't know much about Lists, Sectorials and I hardly know much about Vanilla (mainly it's taste).

I've been looking at the old starters, my friend told me just to ignore them.... For the most part, it seems like it's turly a dip into the kiddie pool as compared to Icestorm and USA's boxes.

Please tell me they plan to release more box sets like this? I dig so many factions in infinity that I would love to own a few beginner forces for them all eventually; having them all balanced around each other makes my boardgame pedigree a lot more interested in building up a collection.

Oh sorry I got off topic; are sets like pic related really still legal to use? By comparison it seems to leave out diversity and services more as a backbone box to build on top of.
>>
>>43814619
No, never
>>
>>43823925

In USAriadna they're great even if you don't play an ITS scenario. that and you get two per starter box so if he buys two boxes he'll have four anyway
>>
Posting the group shot of the current releases.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>43823847
>Well,...it's just practice.

I wish, I don't think my hands are that steady.
>>
>>43824014

>more box sets
It's possible, but don't hold your breath. The USA one was certainly riding the hype wave after they were announced, and the starters after Icestorm were the regular ones. Honestly, it's not like it matters much. It's a skirmish game. A few odds and ends and a minor discount don't mean much with the numbers involved.

Infinity's a wargame. The starters are at best a loose frame to build from.

>Legal
The soldiers in them certainly are. Most of them tend to have a few mooks, an infiltrator type, and a heavy infantry type, and maybe a flavourful addition from another catagory.

>>43823756
Foxtrots aren't bad. Chasseurs tend to be a better deal though, and there's a few other infiltrator camo types like scouts to entice you as well. They're good, just barebones.
>>
>>
>>
>>43824144
There are tricks for that, you know. If you have unsteady hands you can simply have your wrists touch while holding the model in one hand and the brush in the other, that way at least your hands are steady in relation to each other. I also find it easy to rest my elbows on the table while doing this. Most of the rest is really brush technique, I think. Have a good one and know how it behaves. As the other anon said, the rest is practice. Sure some people have a higher ceiling than others but if you use decent materials, a couple of tricks that work for you then you, too can paint like that (or close to it, anyway :D).
>>
File: Ariadna 1.jpg (72 KB, 960x562) Image search: [Google]
Ariadna 1.jpg
72 KB, 960x562
Picked Ariadna without reading much into it.
Realised it was most trolly sneaky army to play.
It'll be fun to get these on the table soon
>>
>>43824082

>sub machine guns on the wiki have AP ammo

What the shit? Is that true?
>>
>>43824175
Does it bother anyone else that Avicenna is a chick?

He was a great Philosopher and Physician. Why made him a dude?
>>
>>43824328

Read the fluff.
>>
File: list_Ariadna.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
list_Ariadna.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>43824276
Checked the weapon entry on Army V. Seems to be true
>>
>>43824334

That's a hell of a typo if it's true. Not what the fluff for the weapon seems to indicate, either. Any word from the forums?
>>
>>43824331
Something something about a fucked up SILK recreation or something right?

Why though? I don't mean in universe, but I mean why did CB make the choice to make one of the greatest Philosophers ever a chick?

It'd be like making General George "Blood and Guts" Patton a female recreation for USAriadna.
>>
File: 1447813616383.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
1447813616383.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>43824328
listen to
>>43824331
and read this
>>
>>43824355

It wouldn't. For a start, a sybaritic, highly skilled doctor/philosopher doesn't exactly make for an implausible concept, particularly in the far future.

On the other hand, a cigar chomping, PTSD sufferer beating, swearing, 'I was totally a gladiator in a past life' WW2 general is a pretty male character overview.

As for why they did it, I assume they wanted another female recreation. Have to have dem everything in the lineup, and it's pretty appropriate for the fluff.
>>
>>43824352

I have no idea, but it's not just Army 5, the Wiki entry has it as AP not just in its own entry but on the weapons chart as well. Someone check the N3 book

Hot damn, AP backwards rifles on Scots guards and airborne Rangers sounds awesome
>>
>>43824352
This was a change in N3
Went from shock to Ap
Dunno why though shock made more sense
>>
>>43824406

I'm not complaining, AP is objectively better on a primary weapon

The ranger has a knife and MA if he needs to insta kill a NWI guy anyway
>>
>>43824380
The fluff makes sense, I get why from that perspective. Outside of that, though.... aren't there any female Islamic leaders they couldn't taken instead? If they wanted a Doctor, keep Avicenna a dude. Fuck, not like an ALEPH infiltrator going native is unheard of in the first place.

Just bah... I don't understand. Same kind of shit that they did to Thor. Made him a chick for no reason, but that's worse because you had Lady Sif right there the whole time.
>>
>>43824355
>>43824380
I'd say it's more to hammer the point that this a future where people can and do very easily change physical appearance, hair color, musculature, and sex.
>>
>>43824061
>Rodok MAID
>>
>>43824406

Because desu senpai if it had stayed shock it would just have been completely inferior to the boarding shotgun. Being AP, it's actually a pretty viable alternative since it only loses 1 DAM and the extra +3 to hit for 1 more burst
>>
>>43824455
I disagree. AP is more situational and even if it counts, it's rarely bigger than 1-2 difference in damage roll. Shock pretty much shuts down most units with V:NWI, dogged and armies with strong doctor support. Still situational, but the effect is stronger when it applies.
>>
>>43825146

It gives the Ranger a wider variety of threat. It gives him serious punch against HI and Tags and +2 dam is a big deal, it's why Mk12s are amazing

Shock is good but he already has it in a viable weapon with MA2
>>
>>43815048

Forgive you? I salute you!

And sniper chicks with incredible asses and more than a hint of girl on girl is very, very Infinity. The only way to make it more so is if they'd put a glowing circle for hacking on there somewhere.
>>
>>43825012
>desu senpai

Man, there word filters are getting to me.
>>
>>43825214
Knife is applied to CC units for silent trait, I've understood. It's pretty rare for them, and those that have it as additional weapon are all ninjas, fidays and speculos. Ranged weapon and knife aren't really comparable.
>>
>>43825146
>shock
Yeah, but those figures are rare enough as is, outside of Aleph. Dogged's not that big a deal in the reactive turn, and half the time the doctor either can't get there, or the figure failed multiple ARM rolls outright. AP means it's a serious threat against HI and TAGs.

>>43824406

The fluff description. Going on about hydrostatic shock and stopping power etc. Glad it's changed. Gives them a real niche.

>>43824460
>aren't there any female Islamic leaders they couldn't taken instead?
Apparently not. At least, none of Avicenna's statue. I mean, they have to stand next to Saladin, Joan of Arc, Wallace, etc.

I get what you mean, but if they were really worried about SJW stuff, they would have dug up someone else, not slapped tits and a fantastic set of legs onto a historically male character.

Honestly, this reads more like the sculpter complaining that he'd been doing too many dudes lately. His ass sculpting skills were languishing. Plus Nomad witness protection services involving a sex change is way too much in character.

>>43824468
Exactly. When you can spend the summer in Dolphin, or sprout bunny ears for that classic chic look, a sex change isn't that big a deal.
>>
>>43825326

This is specifically in regards to the Ranger and his SMG. He does a knife in addition to his CCW and relevant here because it's a source of reliable shock for him if he goes Van Zant on someone since he has stealth.
>>
>>43825012
It was changed for N3, slowpokes, as stated already. I think they did it for balance reasons, because there are much more sources for shock now than there were (kives, sniper rifles, multi weapons, Marksmanship) and they wanted to even it out slightly. Doesn't make much sense in fluff, tbqh.

Boarding shotgun should be better than submachinegun, because it's more expensive.
>>
>>43825442

Did you even read that post
>>
>>43825530
Yes, and " if it had stayed shock it would just have been completely inferior to the boarding shotgun" triggered my autism, because context.
>>
>>43825570

the boarding shotgun is still better since it can choose to make a template when it suits the user. The SMG is just viable now instead of garbage
>>
>>43825732

Better is debateable. 3 burst vs 2 burst. Template's handy, but SMG has suppressive fire.
>>
>>43825796

It bell curves better against TO and can hit multiple models in one short skill. I'm not saying it's ridiculously better, but it is 4 points more for a reason
>>
File: 1442573423806.jpg (36 KB, 646x400) Image search: [Google]
1442573423806.jpg
36 KB, 646x400
>>43825732
>old smg
>garbage
>>
>>43825893

Wasn't the old SMG +3 from 0-16"?

It being essentially a shock combi rifle is pretty cool.

If it was how it is now but shock instead Of AP, it'd be pretty sub optimal
>>
Do your guys have names? Sure, I've mentally named my O-Yoroi "Kuratas" and my Oniwaban "OB-1" but I really don't bring myself to think what the rest of the guys are, besides the ones that already have names like Asuka and Yuriko. I wouldn't know what to call my Keisotsu link team and I don't think anyone really cares either way. But Infinity sure seems like the type of game that would encourage naming people in your squad, given that there are so few models. I've seen it done, but I'm not sure how common that is.
>>
>>43827098

Actually never thought about this... but I think i'll have to start giving my Scotts, Dog boys, Muricans, French, and Kazaks name on their bases.

I think because i paint half the base white for the LOS facing, i'll just write the name there? or would that look too tacky?
>>
>>43827171
Nah, nameplates are cool, just make sure it's not too messy so it looks good.

also makes it easier to refer to individuals by things other than their loadout, which is handy for those units of cheerleaders with combi rifles
>>
>>43827098

I always assumed my Intel was a protagonist in some adventure but I never named him yet.

Also is anyone else excited for that sweet, sweet, assault pistol + rifle combo Ranger?
>>
>>43822889
Yeah cape is getting repainted and fur trimmings is going to get painted brown.
The coat will be a grey and I'll define the armor with washing and edge highlights. Ill touch up on the gun since its very bright.
>>
>>43827171
It'll look fine if you can do it well, even make the base look better
>>
>>43827098
Kinda went a little overboard with mine, got names for at least half my Haqqislam units. For the regular ones they're mostly actual arabic names picked thematically.

Example: Maghariba Guard pilot is "Hasna", the old-model TAG itself is nicknamed "Wahs". Beauty & Beast roughly according to the site I got them off (Hasna directly translating, Wahs meaning Monster, which is close enough).

For the Hassassins I took a leaf out of an old book series I read, and each class has a few names assigned to it, again themed.Helps justify how the names stay the same for the cell too, given the high turnover of Hassassins + notable lack of cubes - it's not necessarily the same person, just someone else who's taken their place.

Example: Lasiq's are named after snakes, since venom-viral - Cobra, Viper, and Asp - while Ragiks are named after birds of prey - Eagle, Hawk, and Falcon, and so on. Muyibs after dogs, Govads after cats (though I might reverse those), Fiday after arachnids, Barid after insects. The only ones I'm not sure on are Farzan and Husam.
>>
>>43827572
Being veteran teachers, farzan could probably get away with regular names. Maybe with "Instructor" beforehand.
>>
>>43827098
I'll only be giving names (and special paintjobs) to the minis that perform amazingly in games

So far only my grenzer "Dola" has earned it
>>
>>43827098
I just give my doctors nicknames based on their unit name, Doctor Cats, Doctor Mom, etc.
>>
>>43827098

My 112 is Doctor Axe.

He specializes in amputation.
>>
Would you get mad if Ariadna got a G:servant traktor mul? Would look like the current one but with bomb disposal arms.

No mimetism, same size.
>>
File: ass_whispererererererer.png (73 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
ass_whispererererererer.png
73 KB, 500x282
>>43807508
>>
>>43827098
I got bored, so yeah

Interventor - Stelov
HRL Wildcat - Subira
Basic Intruder - Mateus Perez
Sniper Intruder - Alexandre Perez
FO Zero - Nikita
FO Moran - Tambo
Daktari - Mbali
Zondbot - Akani
MK12 Sin Eater - Artemidoros
Reaktion Zond - W1d0wMaker
Salyut - Bagmab
Morlock - Growdoth
Morlock - Cerine
ADHL Jaguar - Cordo
Tomcat Engineer - Luther
Transductor Zond - Scoots
>>
>>43828169
>Mateus Perez
2 letters away from a Cuban folk hero
>>
>>43828169
My keisotsu all have names;

Goatee, baldie, girlie, HMG, LGL, and missile.
>>
>>43828379

Pfft, going by that my Alguaciles all have names.

Blue hair, dreads and Ms Pointie
>>
>>43828430
My shaolin are named cueball, shiney, egghead and saitama.
>>
>>43828494
One of these typically does better than the others.
>>
>>43828379
I sometimes joke that the bald one is Brazzers guy.

>>43828169
That Reaktion Zond sounds like it could use some 1337 hacks.

>>43827944
I better not axe how he got that name.

>>43827867
I suppose that's a way of going about it.

>>43827572
Pretty creative.

>>43827171
I've always had trouble whenever I tried that, but I think you can have more success than I did.

>>43828430
I like the Ice Cream licking moderator personally.
>>43828494
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufdrkhGT_dc
mildly related.
>>
>>43827098
One of my metros is named Arnold. Otherwise the casuality rate of my models is so high that I don't really name them, or the name is temporary for that game only.
>>
>>43828532
> Brazzers guy

Man I click it off when I see it's him, recognition of the guy who's railing these chicks that you're into and being ok with it is the first step in becoming a cu ck
>>
>>43828604
And so the discussion has fallen to the level of kekdom and pornography. Stay classy, Infini/tg/eneral
>>
>>43827098
Besides my Chandra Spec-ops, Thalea, no because everything else in SP is already a named character. But I haven't really thought about naming models besides spec-ops
>>
I just have STAVROS, the spitfire myrmidon. Named such because he's slightly larger than the others.

All caps. He is a Russian shitfucker.
>>
>>43827098
One of my Alguaciles got nicknamed Fernandez during our Icestorm game. I was planning to paint all Alguacile black, but Fernandez is the lone Mexican now.
>>
File: Domaru Butai Dossier.jpg (244 KB, 1280x905) Image search: [Google]
Domaru Butai Dossier.jpg
244 KB, 1280x905
>>
>>43828672
To be fair these threads kinda went downhill when everyone started asking for badly drawn furry porn.
>>
>>43831160
Fucking yuropoors and their furshit
>>
File: infinity hexas.jpg (355 KB, 622x798) Image search: [Google]
infinity hexas.jpg
355 KB, 622x798
Hexas were always a model that I though looked nice, but I've never seen them used. Are they any good?
>>
File: hexa-spitfire.jpg (7 KB, 154x181) Image search: [Google]
hexa-spitfire.jpg
7 KB, 154x181
>>43832604
I am new to the game, started with N3, but people have said they are good but get out shined by swiss guard. It's true but they are a decent to camo sniper. I have played a few game with a Hexa with spitfire and it's a good model.
>>
>>43832604
yeaaaash they are good. especially when paired with that damn camo tag
>>
>>43832604

Generic non infiltrating TO guy in a sectorial with the best TO HI (anathematic is a fucking TAG, d/w/it) in the game.

This guy

>>43832726

Is correct in that a Swiss guard will do everything a Hexas is capable of but better.
>>
>>43832604
theyre usable but far from great. you're paying a lot for a bs 12 guy with to camo and nothing else, which isn't all that good a deal for pano. the lack of infiltration makes the to camo a lot less valuable.

1.5 swc is very steep for their spitfire, and visorless and linkless msrs are mediocre. the hacker profile isnt bad, but youre looking at turn 1 decloaking to do the stuff pano usually wants their hacker to do and he doesnt start any closer to the objective than any other specialist

if you just want a hard to hit gunfighter the bulleteer is far better. the croc man is a bit more expensive and is much, much better if you want a sneaky button pusher that can also shoot
>>
>>43832758
To be fair the Swiss shit on almost everything that isn't another Swiss.
>>
>>43832817

Swiss is directly inferior to shit like the Anathematic, same way the Charontid is just a straight up better Asura.

>muh base sizes

Fuck off.

CA get away with it because fucking nobody plays them so no one realizes how bonkers they are.
>>
>>43832873
>>muh base sizes
I don't follow.

Anathematic is cool. It's also a TAG compared to HI though.

Anyone know how viable running Morats in vanilla just for the Anathematic is?
>>
>>43832967
But it's not a TAG, otherwise it would say TAG, not HI in its profile, and it would be in the TAG section, not the HI section
>>
>>43832967

It is HI, its just S6 and has NWI for that sweet, sweet third wound.
>>
>>43832726
is there someone with photoshop skill (and the program) to replace the red with yellow on this picture?

I've been trying to think of how to paint me neoterra army
>>
>>43832873
>Swiss is directly inferior to shit like the Anathematic
Despite the fact that the Swiss is 20 points cheaper, gets access to better guns, and has 2 points more BS. The only Anathematic worth taking is the hacker, and you're paying a huge amount of points for something that can't deploy up field
>>
Can someone with a classified deck measure it and give me all 3 dimensions please?
>>
>>43833063

>The only Anathematic worth taking is the hacker

Look at this kek

look at him and laugh

>>43832967

I'd say you'd do it for the charontid but a Morat list without a link is just...why.
>>
>>43833020
>>43832997
Derp.

>>43833063
Isn't the Sepsitor profile pretty good for some shenanigans?
>>
>>43833094

Comes in a box that is exact dimensions of a box of poker cards.
>>
>>43833104
>>43833098
Sepsitor isn't the rape machine it used to be. Maybe it's fine on an Avatar the can survive the AROs it can't oppose, but the Anathematic isn't nearly as tough
>>43833109
ty
>>
>>43833063

>+2 BS

on his fucking combi, lel.

Enjoy your WIP 13 hacker I guess.

18 points is pretty nice for an extra wound, 3 more WIP on hacker, a plasma rifle and a nanopulser.

(and I do mean enjoy that WIP 13 hacker, fuckin amazing in sectorial, I don't blame guys for taking two swiss)

>>43833168

hilarious for stealing cheerleaders. Its the trade off between hacking and sepsitoring, since they both have plasma rifles and those are as good in N3 as they were before.

Hackers still better although spitfire mono CCW is fun for when you want to pretend to have fun I guess.
>>
>>43833283
Have fun with not being able to shoot beyond 16 inches, and having nothing that can deal with other HI or TAGs.
>>
>>43833569

>nothing that can shoot beyond 16"

cause a combi can do that

>HI or TAGs

wonder if thats what the hacking device and TO are for
>>
>>43833606
What is HMG/Missile launcher?
Why are you acting like we're only talking about the hacking Anathematic, I specified that that was the only one worth taking, and argued that other then that the Swiss guard is probably better
>>
>>43833636

spitfire anathematic is pretty good senpai, worth the 13 extra points

HMG Swiss is for when you're bored of your Aquila HMG I guess
>>
>>43833636

>Edition of our lord, N3

>taking the Intruders C u c k e e, the Swiss ML
>>
>>43833636

if I want a HMG I'll take the Charontid, the other completely superior to Neoterra choice.
>>
File: JCC200pts.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
JCC200pts.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Hi guys,
Got my first official game later today. We're doing objectives (demolish stuff). 5 objectives, blow them up or defend them. 1VP each objective blown up or defended, then swap over.
I threw this list together based on what I have lying around (operation icestorm + corregidor starter and some other stuff) wanted to cram in some brigada but they're not fully assembled so I was hoping to operate sans HI.
How would this go?
Also, rules wise. If a model gets targeted, when you fire indirectly with the LGL's, are they at (-6+3), or (rangeband+3) ?
>>
>>43833800

That'll do fine for that particular scenario.

http://wiki.infinitythegame.com/en/Targeted

Rangeband +3
>>
>>43833872
Neat. Thanks anon!
I'm up against PanO (Operation Icestorm + some extras). The only units that really give me a headache are the father knight rocketing around the board and his nisse sniper. the ORC isn't too bad. For popping Knights, is DA or AP ammo better?
>>
>>43833915
DA is better against the FK, as it is in virtually every situation (against a Jotum sometimes being one of the exceptions)
>>
>>43833915

Depends. You mostly want to maximize burst first and foremost. Father Knights have good armor but can get their shit wrekt on your turn without a lot of difficulty.

If you're talking about the intruder, he should be using DA pretty much all the time. Also your intruder should statistically win against the Nisse since you can surprise shot him even with MSV2.

The best option is of course Lupes panzerfaust but that won't always land

That being said I've killed my fair share of father Knights with plain combi rifles, especially if you can get an angle that denies him cover.
>>
>>43833994
Was thinking a burst2 panzerfaust could provide a rather hillarious 1-off trick if I make a link of the alguaciles. For lack of a smart missile launcher, I was hoping the LGL's could soften up his scarier units (or blow them into salsa)
>>
>>43834100

That's exactly what it's there for, and it stacks with the other mods. Having Lupe be a BS15 autocannon for one order is fucking terrifying in both active and reactive. She even has mimetism to make that FTF roll even scarier
>>
>>43807508
i dont even play this shit, just want to point out that those are characters from Overwatch not fucking Infinity. Peace my Ns
>>
>>43834208
Don't worry, OP know.
>>43814833
>>43815048

Your free no prize is available in the mail.
>>
>>43815402
I'd love to get in on one of those. Friday nights maybe?
>>
>>43834208

>blind man informs the world of his amazing discovery
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.