[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
D&D 3.5 Heavy Metal Campaign Help?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: dnd_logo_3e.jpg (16 KB, 500x141) Image search: [Google]
dnd_logo_3e.jpg
16 KB, 500x141
So I am going to be attempting to DM a D&D 3.5 campaign in a middle fantasy epic sort of heavy metal world. The ten main subgenres I intend to incorperate are Black, Death, Doom, Classic Heavy, Thrash, Glam, Folk, Power, Death/Metalcore, and Nu and each of these has their own sort of City State as well as "Paragon" that is a sort of living effigy of the genre. One of the themes I'll be attempting to tie in is that of Diablo II. Specifically, one of my players will be undercover as a humanoid Mephisto leading others to achive his goals in this world. One of the ideas I had was for these "paragons" to be guarding shards of the Soulstones Mephisto wants to use to give himself his demonic power as well as to raise his two brothers from Hell. I am having trouble comming up with paragons for a few of the genres and would like some advice. I want the CR of these paragons to be anywhere from 16-20/22ish. These are the ones I've come up with and would like some help with these. These are what I have so far and would appreciate any advice you guys have. Also for Nu and "Core" I would prefer the CR to be closer to 16/18 or so to make some a few easier on these guys.
Black Metal: Black Wyrm Dragon Zombie
Death Metal: "Soul Edge" esque axe that the gem shard is embedded into causing the weilder to go insane and ragey while weilding it until the gem can be removed.
Thrash Metal: Longbow-64 Autonomous Attack Chopper & Hellvore-25 Autonomous Tank at the same time. Was also thinking of slightly buffing these mainly giving the tank a missle as well as it's normal machine gun.
Heavy Metal: Ronnie James Dio (Will not be fighting him)
Folk Metal: Some sort of aquatic Leviathan
Power Metal: A 13 headed Hydra modded up to CR 19/20.
Glam Metal: ?
Nu Metal: ?
Doom Metal: Something that makes them hurt themselves as opposed to it attacking them itself. No idea what though.
"Core": Was thinking something berzerkerish like some sort of glass cannon.
>>
File: file.png (3 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
file.png
3 MB, 1600x900
Where the mascots?

Vic Rattlehead and Eddie would make great paragons
>>
>>43806754
Funnyyou should mention, the mascots will be there to lead the players to the paragon and perhaps give them and item or weapon of some kind to help against the paragon. So yeah Eddie and Vic are definitely involved. Just not as paragons.
>>
Bump for interest.
>>
Any other ideas tg?
>>
>>43806641
the Glam Metal paragon should be some type of david-bowie-esque fairy type, or maybe even a Unicorn.

Nu Metal should be Fred Durst.
>>
>>43807232
Glam seems more raw and hedonistic than a unicorn for me though. My only idea is a strong Succubus but I don't know how to strengthen monsters or if I should go that cliche with it.
Wasn't intending on using any other musicians as paragons other than Dio. Though nice idea.
>>
File: Pinzio.png (343 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Pinzio.png
343 KB, 500x500
>>43806641
in my D&D game there is a goblin bard who sings Dio songs. His name is Pinzio. One of my players drew this token based on a still frame taken from the Holy Diver music video.
>>
>>43807311
Ha that's cool. May just use him as a cameo just to mess with my friends.
>>
>>43807293
in the monster manual, towards the back, there is a section on advancing monsters, adding HD. You can also add class levels to monsters, so it could be a Succubus Bard or Sucubus Sorcerer. Also, you can add Templates to creatures to increase their power.

I think its in Monster Manual 2, there is a template called Monster of Legend. Good for making low CR monsters into tough killing machines for higher level play.
>>
>>43806641
I'd avoid adding the zombie template to a black dragon. It removes the dragons spellcasting and will make it considerably weaker. Consider using the Dracolich template in the Draconomicon book instead.
>>
File: heavy-metal-poster.jpg (144 KB, 594x799) Image search: [Google]
heavy-metal-poster.jpg
144 KB, 594x799
Wasn't /tg/ working on a setting exactly like this?
>>
>>43807354
Ok cool. Will look into that when I get my laptop back since I have most of the 3.5 books on there as pdfs.
>>
>>43807374
Noted. Just thought the idea of a zombie black dragon would be cool as fuck.
>>
Incubus seems better imo
>>
>>43807451
Hell I could just do both.
>>
>>43807375
Just do this
>>
File: Hail_and_Kill.jpg (222 KB, 792x792) Image search: [Google]
Hail_and_Kill.jpg
222 KB, 792x792
>>43807375
>>43807567

Found what I was talking about:

http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Setting:Hail_and_Kill
>>
>>43807583
This is cool as hell. If I can get eveything of this running well then I'd totally run this one as well. Not what I was looking to do for my first DM campaign ever though. Plus I like my world I just need help with some things.
>>
So anything else you guys have to offer for my paragons? Still need Core, Nu, and Doom for sure.
>>
I'm assuming the thread is pretty much dead?
>>
>>43807293
Go with a Horse head minotaur with a long dong, long faablous hair and is wearing spandex pants.
>>
> Alright gentlemen how do we make DnD even MORE Plebian tier?

> I know! I know! Add heavy metal!

> brilliant, Jenkins !
>>
>>43809230
>plebian

Congrats, plebeian.
>>
What will be the technology level? Will there be electric guitars and such?
>>
>>43809876
Guitars will exist but the overall tech level will vary. While the guitars exist, Power Metal and Folk Metal will be more medieval wheras Thrash will be more along the lines of WWII.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.