[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Fallout cyberpunk, or is it some deviant form of steampunk?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 15
File: Fallout-3-1010.jpg (412 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Fallout-3-1010.jpg
412 KB, 1600x1200
Is Fallout cyberpunk, or is it some deviant form of steampunk?

Or is it it's own thing, and if so, what do we call it?
>>
>>43804822
Nuclearpump
>>
>>43804822

Fallout bible uses the term "Dieselpunk" to describe pre-war fallout, and "Nuka-Punk" to describe everything after the bombs fell.
>>
50'spunk
>>
>>43804822
Atompunk. Well, the sci-fi elements at least.
It's more 50s Americana with atompunk elements. Which isn't -punk or anything because that's just how it was.

And then again sprinkled with post-apoc elements because duh.
>>
>>43804822

None, it's post apocalyptical.

It's a genre of it's own.
>>
>>43804841
>>43804830

Do they even offer any explanation in the Fallout lore as to why they got stuck in the 50's cultural loop?

I know their in-universe tech far surpasses our own, so why we went one way and they went "backwards" even with better technology?
>>
Post apocalyptic sci-fi dieselpunk. It is pretty unique while looking generic at the same time.
>>
>>43804822
Its post-post-apocalyptic done in 50s style retro-sci-fi .
>>
>>43804856
I think it was a kind of "what if the 50's optimism never faded" thing, and the aesthetics just followed. The opening narration of the male lead in Fallout 4 is actually pretty good in that respect.
>>
>>43804856
Fashion is cyclical and they never invented the Microchip.
>>
Why the compulsion to label everything with a punk prefix?
>>
>>43804878
It started with cyberpunk and got attached to other genres, even when they weren't punk at all. For example Steampunk.
>>
Fallout it's /tg/ style of punk, memepunk.
>>
>>43804873
There are microchips in Pip-Boys, I'm sure of it. Probably in power armor and some advanced guns. They're just invented too late to see mass deployment.
>>
Now wait a second on that whole "fashion is cyclical" statement.

Yes, some aesthetics are repeatedly demonstrated, like facial hair or hat wearing. Usually the appeal is different, the way it's worn, etc. There's enough variation that you don't immediately recognize it as an exact copy of a previous trend.

Fallout's 50's Americana look is pretty fucking exact. There's barely any difference.
>>
>>43804878
Because it's useful. It denotes genre-with-associated-technological-level-and-aesthetic. So we use punk. Yes it's wrong. But it works.
>>
>>43804904
New fashion trends were deemed COMMUNIST and destroyed.
>>
Fallout 1, 2, Tactics, 4 and New Vegas are Post-Post Apocalypse.
Fallout 3 is Post Apocalypse.
>>
>>43804910
Hahaha, I buy it. Xenophobia might have played a part, and propaganda. I imagine a continuation of the cold war probably led to campaigns that instilled repeated fashion trends.
>>
>>43804865
>>43804873

Also because the World got stuck in a Cold War that was 50 times worse than ours, so any attempts to deviate from the norm, was seen as communistic and prosecuted... by everyone.

Also they never figured out miniaturized technology. Microchips and the like. Every tech they had, the more advanced it was the more energy it consumed. It got to the point they figured out nuclear fission and managed to make fission batteries and etc, but just so you can have an idea, a fission battery wasn't enough to power a robot for more than a few days, a micro-nuclear battery could only power a plasma rifle for a few shots. This further need for energy and development of more tech to figure out their day to day problems caused a resource crisis. With all the effort being focused on war and tech and energy, and a lot of cultural policing taking place, culture stagnated.

Their inability to figure out microprocessors caused them to have to rely on heavy, bulk computers. While these computers were more powerful than our modern ones, they still required a lot of space and were of "rustic" programming.

It's also implied they never figured out the internet, instead using radio to send info for one computer to the other.

There are a few other things I can remember right now... mostly the man reason they got stuck in the 50's was because the government enforced the notion that it was their "Golden Age", and curbed down any dissendent cultural movements (hippies were all shot, for instance)
>>
>>43804822
>wants to put punk on everything

Please go eat a handful of rusty razor-blades.
>>
>>43804949
>It's also implied they never figured out the internet
They did, PoseidoNet exists since Fallout 2 and there are multiple mentions of emails in Fallout 3 and 4
>>
>>43804916
>Post-Post Apocalypse.

Oh god, this thread just gets dumber and dumber.
>>
>>43804902

There are. This is a key element in the story actually. And it's suble.

It means they figured out the small detail that could potentially save them from the crysis they lived in, but they figured it out too late (Vault-Tech came up with the pipboys near the apocalypse), and that they completely overlooked it's applications.

The other kinds of ultra-advanced tech that could've also solved their issue was kept a secret by the government and used for their own devices (The Enclave Power-Armor, the Big MT. etc.)

It's all an idea of "America gone wrong"
>>
>>43804967
Only 3 does not depict a society that is a decent way into the process of building up from the ashes of the apocalypse, and that's because 3 takes place in one of the most nuked parts of the USA (and even then you've got some settlements). Compare FF10, another post-post-apocalyptic setting.
>>
>>43804965

The messages in Fallout 3 and 4 are more about "ethernet" as in, computers linked over a small network (offices and the like).

A global communications network was seen as comunistic. Computers in their world actually use the radio to send messages to one another. And it's also why their use of the computer is limited to making notes and writting messages.
>>
>>43804967
It's after the aftermath when shit is being built up again rather than just grubbing through wreckage.

It's as good a term as any and it makes more sense than just sticking punk on the end of every word.
>>
>>43804842
Its okay. Its okay. You're not alone. You are not the last intelligent poster on /tg/.

Maybe in the 10s, but not the last.
>>
>>43804907
How is it "useful" at all? People either make up a separate punk for everything ("Clockwork punk", "wind punk"), try to force it on things that already have perfectly fine names already (there is a place in Hell for those who call pulp "raygun punk", or use it for stuff that has nothing to do with it (I've honestly seen someone argue that Shadow of the Colossus and Nausicaä is Steampunk). It's just stupid in so many ways, it makes communication harder if anything.
>>
>>43804995
The Enclave still has the technology for Internet two-way communication with both sounds and video
>>
>>43804994

The point of FO3 was to explain that the Brotherhood of Steel was trying to rebuild society in DC.

But they played that story from such a bad angle and with such poor writting that it ends up looking stupid.
>>
>>43805004

Read >>43804980

>he other kinds of ultra-advanced tech that could've also solved their issue was kept a secret by the government and used for their own devices (The Enclave Power-Armor, the Big MT. etc.)
>>
>>43805008
The BoS in Fallout 3 wasn't rebuilding society, it was trying (and failing) to protect the ruins of DC from Super Mutants

They didn't had the manpower to rebuild society, especially after the Outcasts left
>>
>>43805004
The Enclave had a ZAX up until 3, and I wouldn't be too surprised if it could connect to the ZAX in The Glow (provided that one still has network access).

>>43804980
What Vaults got the 3K? I know 81 got the 2K, and so did 13.
>>
>>43804822
Not everything needs to be described with a word ending in "punk", you fuck. Fallout is a post-apocalyptic world with an alternate history.
>>
>>43805016
>protect the ruins of DC from Super Mutants
And the Enclave in Adams AFB.
>>
>>43805029
That's after Fallout 3 though, when the Lone Wanderer emerges from Vault 101 the Brotherhood isn't trying to settle, repair or rebuild anything, just trying to protect its few holdings

According to logs from the Prydwen it all ended in failure anyway, it was Liberty Prime and scavenging Enclave tech that saved the eastern Brotherhood
>>
Fallout is more dieselpunk
>>
>>43805008
Brotherhood of Steel made no sense in Fallout 3
>Father wants to turn on the purifier
>Kills himself to stop Enclave turning on the purifier
>You flee to the brotherhood, who also want to turn on the purifier
>Get kidnapped
>Eden and Autumn fight, since Autumn wants to turn on the purifier and Eden wants to genocide mutants
>Autumn gets to the purifier and wants to turn it on, the Brotherhood go through a massive fight to kill the enclave and turn the purifier on.
>>
>>43805016

Like I said, it was played from a stupid angle.

You gotta think hard about it, because if their sole purpose was defeating the mutants, then they shouldn't had the whole "renegade faction" thing going.

They were harvesting tech to use it to rebuild DC, something the renegades didn't think was their original purpose. But the story-arch focus more on "defeatint dem mutants" that is overshadows the rest.
>>
>>43805052
>have robot/ghoul/super mutant companion
>won't turn on the purifier
>have to kill self to turn on the purifier
>last thought before dying of insanely high radiation levels "fuck you dad."
>>
>>43805052
The Enclave want to put modified FEV into the water that will kill anyone radiation-contaminated who drinks from the purified Potomac water.
>>
>>43805064
>not having Broken Steel
>>
>>43805061
>They were harvesting tech to use it to rebuild DC
No? I mean, unless you can provide proof about what you claim. I remember the Brotherhood being described as "going native" and pulling all of its resources to try to protect the wastelanders, but after 20 years of fighting they couldn't even do that, rebuilding DC was presumably nothing more than a distant hypothesis at this point

They can't even spare a squad to investigate Vault 87 when it's the source of all capital wasteland super mutants
>>
>>43805065
Only Eden wanted to do that. Autumn refused, because he knows a conflict of interest when he sees one.
And because killing everyone in the wasteland is dumb for a multitude of reasons.
>>
>>43805075
You shouldn't need dlc to make the main storyline end in a non-fucking stupid way.
Get the fuck back here ME3. I'll get to you later.
>>
>>43804916
Isn't Fallout 4 also post-apo? There is no real governments like in new Vegas iirc.
>>
>>43805052

That's a super dumb way to put it. You are intentionally making it sound stupid. I wouldn't be surprised if you got this from some retard like TotalBiscuit.

> Father builds purifier so the entire Wasteland can get clean water.
> Enclave wants purifier so that THEY can have clean water and get the tech that gives clean water
> Brotherhood wants purifier so they can control the clean water, and protect that tech.
> Eden wants purifier so he can use it to contaminate the clean water supply with modified FEV that will kill mutants.
> James goals happens to allign more with Brotherhood.
> James kills himself to stop Enclave from acessing the tech within the purifier. It fails miserably. But it allows his son to escape.
> Eden and Autumn fight because 1) Eden is a computer who self-proclaimed himself to be the president of the US, that never sat well with Autumn to begin with 2) Eden recruited a "mutant" to help, which Autumn saw as unacceptable and was the last straw for him
> Autumn has no idea of Eden's plans
> Brotherhood has no idea of Eden's plans
> Only the Lone Wandered knows what each factions wants.
>>
>>43805065
Eden and Autumn went to war because Autumn didn't want to put the modified FEV into the water. That's why the Robots and Humans in Raven Rock started fighting.
>>
>>43805093
at least in Fallout 4 things are getting better for the eastern seabord. The Brotherhood fully controls the Capital Wasteland and the Commonwealth would have united already without the Institute going berzerk
>>
>>43805084
The rest of it is that neither the BoS nor the Enclave want the purifier in the hands of the other, but both want it on because having purified water lying about is a good thing.
>>
>>43805094
Why does the radioactive filtrate disperse into the control room?
>>
>>43805093

New-Vegas has no government. There are multiple tribes temporary alligned under a truce.

The NCR is the only form of government, but they are "tolerated" by Mr.House because of they can usefull agaisnt Caesar.

Mr.House himself is a tribe if you look at it.
>>
>>43805065
I never got that. My character has mutations. You literally get one when getting irradiated for Moira.
With any sense of logic if I put the FEV in the water, I'd be killing myself.

Eden says that those born in vaults would be fine, but the main character wasn't even born in a vault. The Wanderers parents were wastelanders who birthed him in the memorial.
So, the FEV killing mutated wastelanders? When you are a mutated wastelander? Tough choice.
>>
>>43805105

Because James build it that way? Because the control room is directly connected to the filtration units? I have no idea.
>>
>>43805016
Helps supply DC Wastes with clean water for free.

Rivet City researching high-tech intensive farming methods so they can have fresh food rather than pre-war tinned shit.

Organizing caravan guards for the water caravans.

Established themselves as the only real military presence in DC.

By proxy of the LW they basically own The Pitt and all its industrial might.

Extermination of the Super Mutant menace in the DC wastes to get people to settle down.

To me it looked like they were building a small civilization.
>>
>>43805112
Maybe James booby-trapped it, and he doesn't have the time or tools to undo it?
>>
>>43805093
The Institute prevented that from happening.
Still, I agree with the other anon that Fallout 4 has people a decent amount into the process of rebuilding society. And when the player shows up with their magical hut-building and turret-making skills, things can really get going.
It's too bad that settlements with decent defense ratings will STILL ask for your help when they should be able to defend themselves, no problem
>>
>>43805052
>>43805094
The real thing we really need to ask is why does the wasteland even need a giant water purifier. Aside from those 2 karma whore npcs outside of Megaton and Rivet City, nowhere else do you see a problem with water purity being an issue.

It's not like they need it for farms because they don't have any (a discussion all on its own).

Megaton has a water purifier that you help fix but the real icing on the cake is the Mr Handy that has vapor condessors that make purified water for nothing.

It can be assumed that Rivet City has some sort of purifier or else Megaton would have beaten it in the race for best city in the CW long ago.

The only real reason for Liam Neeson wanting to build the purifier was "why not?" It's not like the CW ever showed an interest in getting purified water en masse.
>>
>>43805117
>Helps supply DC Wastes with clean water for free.
Failed 20 years ago and abandoned the project to focus un other things
>Rivet City researching high-tech intensive farming methods so they can have fresh food rather than pre-war tinned shit.
Rivet City is unrelated to the BoS
>Organizing caravan guards for the water caravans.
Post Fallout 3 event
>Established themselves as the only real military presence in DC.
Post Fallout 3 event
>By proxy of the LW they basically own The Pitt and all its industrial might.
The Pitt is unrelated to the BoS

At the start of Fallout 3, can you find any settlement built or protected directly by the Brotherhood besides the Citadel? Can you find BoS scribes trying to explain people into how to drink purified water and grow healthy crops?
>>
>>43805117
That's at the end of Fallout 3. At the start they have the Pentagon, and that's about it. The Enclave are causing trouble out of Raven Rock, the mutants in Vault 87 are running about, and there are aliens in orbit.
>>
>>43804822
>steampunk
disealpunk* there is a different.
>>
What even happens when the Lyons Chapter reconnects with the Council of Steel?
I remember Veronica mentioning s small civil war,nbut not the conclusion. Do they split on friendly terms? Are the Lyons still BoS or just an affiliated organisation?
Or were they just wiped out and a Council-complianf/Outcast force replaced them?
>>
>>43805134
>why does the wasteland even need a giant water purifier.
>why do we want something that can strip the radiation out of the Potomac?
Are you really this fucking daft?
>>
>>43805110

Like I said, it's a solid storyline made stupid by shitty writting.

Each faction wants to "rebuild" based on their own goals and principles.

Enclave wants to rebuild America for the Enclave, according to their own agenda, everybody else that is not Enclave has to go (remember how they experimented on "pure" humans from the vaults in FO2)

Eden wants to rebuild America, but only for those that aren't mutants.

Brotherhood wants to rebuild America. For the brotherhood.

and so it goes.

What Eden was getting at, was using you as a way to achieve his goals. If they played the story from a better angle, they'd either have him try to sell you his goals and make you embrace his ideals and die nobly to see it happen, or trick you into thinking it wouldn't affect you (which happens in the game, but they make it look like he genuinely thinks you won't be affected).
>>
>>43805139
Weren't the Rivet City scientists Scribe-taught or something?
>>
>>43805144
Lyons BoS is the Brotherhood in name only. The Outcasts, and Aurthur's BoS is more in line with the old ways.

What happened to Lyons though? He and his daughter died leaving the Elder position to Authur who then decided that old man Lyons was wiggity wack.
>>
>>43804998
Yeah but then it's post-apoc, because everything is still built out of junk, except for some settlements in 1/2 that we then never hear about ever again.
>>
>>43805144
Elder Lyons died soon after the end of Broken Steel. Sarah Lyons took up the mantle, but died in combat. Her boytoy became the next elder, and he thought that the previous leaders were too soft, and thus his views aligned with WCBoS once again.
>>
>>43805144
Fallout 4 spoiler: Elder Lyons died of old age, Sarah Lyons died in battle against Super Mutants a year later, squire Maxson became a badass and heroic teenager and the Council contacted the eastern Brotherhood again

Now with Enclave tech at their hands and western morale support, the eastern Brotherhood is trying to kick ass in the Commonwealth
>>
>>43805134
The water purifiers of Rivet City, Megaton, Vault 101 and such were small scale things.

With the amount of clean water that the Jefferson Purifier would churn out they could supply all the settlements large and small, start wide scale agriculture, everyone can have a bath, they can build a pool and still have enough left over for a wet T-shirt contest.
>>
File: Blame_WallArts_Preview.jpg (205 KB, 945x582) Image search: [Google]
Blame_WallArts_Preview.jpg
205 KB, 945x582
>>43804822
Fallout is post-apoc. Used to be called 'dying earth' genre that is older than cyberpunk. It has some cyberpunk elements to it.

Cyberpunk has its own derivatives like dieselpunk, steampunk, biopunk.

Most notable dying earth derivative is the zombie genre.
>>
>>43805146

From what I get, the Brotherhood of Steel are more like the AdMech from 40k.

They don't want to rebuild society, they just want to gather technology and preserve it, worship it. They don't even try to improve it, their sole goal is keeping it.

I could be wrong.
>>
>>43805149
not that I know
>>
>>43805166
AdMech have done improvements at times and they seem to lend out their tech more.
>>
>>43805145
Did you not see many reasons why the didn't need to do that? Why would you waste time cleansing the Potomac when you already have clean water for everyone. Hell, you have robots that give it to you without having to build a massive complex that constantly needs to be defended from Super Mutants.

Yea, sure. A clean Potomac would be pretty cool. But why? Who the fuck needs it? Aside from the two hobos in front of Megaton and Rivet City (and that random encounter black guy who didn't pack enough water) no one else cares about that problem, they just care about Super Mutants and raiders.

Why not focus on finding the source of the mutants and dividing/conquering the raider groups instead of purifeing water thst you don't need to?
>>
>>43805166
They want to preserve technology to stop it falling into the wrong hands. In the wrong hands, technology will ultimately lead to another disaster.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raygun_Gothic
>>
>>43805099
Oh thanks, but Bethesda fallouts are on a different timeline from obsidian/black isle ones right?
>>
>>43805166

No, you got it almost right. But they don't worship tech. They just think everyone else besides them is too stupid to keep it.

They see technology as dangerous, and don't thrust anyone with it. Their view is that the apocalypse was caused by technology used by the wrong people, so they vow to protect tech so I never happens again.
>>
>>43805188
no, they are not, but they are in different places and since the writers are different more and more details are changing with each game
>>
>>43805188
No, they're all canon and on the same timeline.
>>
>>43805177

Did you miss the part that "with water we can grow food from the ground" part?
>>
>>43805107
Correct, and the legion count as a government also.
>>
>>43805188
Same world, different coasts. Obsidian ones take place on the West Coast and are the original fallout stories, the Bethesda ones are set on the East Coast and hamfist elements of the West Coast because they can't think of original plots
>>
>>43805195
No one ever complains about lack of food even less so than the "lack of clean water". Apparently they're doing just dandy scavenging old food and hunting the occasional mole rat.

Bethesda built an incredibly poor world for F3. But the worst part is that the story ties in so much with it. It just ruins it for me at least.
>>
>>43805140
> there are aliens in orbit.

Never happened.

And they did go to the DC wasteland with the intention of building something grand.

Then all of the shit went wrong.

First they never got the Water Purifier to work.

Disillusioned the Outcast stopped buying into Lyon's vision and wanted to go back to their more traditional BoS roots.

And there were Super Mutants everywhere. Like fucking Legions of them not seen since the day of The Master. And where the fuck are they coming from? Super Mutants are sterile so they can't be breeding.

They still intended to stay it seems because they started recruiting from local populations rather than relying on those born to the Brotherhood.

Then along comes you and those Rivet City eggheads. They believe that they can get the Purifier working. Holy Shit.

Then you go on a wacky adventure to retrieve the GECK and holy shit you just exterminated the Super Mutant breeding ground.

Then you fucking annihilated the Enclave.

Everything suddenly went right for the BoS. Elder Lyons is vindicated the original plan is good to go again albeit with a 20 year delay.
>>
File: latest[1].png (969 KB, 1800x1000) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
969 KB, 1800x1000
Fun fact: according to Bethesda lore, a bit of the US technological advantage came from studying Alien tech
>>
>>43805216
>And they did go to the DC wasteland with the intention of building something grand.
what the fuck no, where are you even getting your information from
>>
>>43804822
Retrofuturistic post-apocalyptica.
>>
>>43805217
I did like the Zeta unique plasma pistol. OP as fuck.
>>
>>43805215

Well nobody also complains about the radiation and all the giant velociraptors eating their buttholes with ketchup and giant mutated bears eating their children, not their green rape monsters.

Doesn't mean it isn't part of the story. You should stop being an autist.
>>
It is correctly called Retro Futurism, a view of the future taken from an earlier time in our history.
>>
>>43805224
Ok maybe I'm exaggerating on that part but they certainly wanted to build something when they got to DC otherwise they wouldn't have helped with the Purifier.
>>
>>43805159
>western morale support
That's the only thing the WCBoS can give, after the NCR put the boot into them.
>>
>>43805216
>Never happened.
There are aliens in FO4 lad. Mothership Zeta is canon.
>>
>>43805166
Brotherhood of Steel is a tyrannical organization who will use technological superiority to achieve their goals at any cost, since they know they are the moral superior.

Their goals are to prevent others from using technological superiority to achieve their goals at any cost.
>>
>>43805261
you are definitively exaggerating and you didn't provided a single source yet

this is going nowhere
>>
>>43805261
They helped with the Purifier because Lyons is a genuinely good person. The original mission was to steal everything they could from DC.
>>
>>43805241
>pointing out poorly done, stupidly obvious, plot-breaking worldbuilding is being an autist

Alright then.
>>
>>43805273
There's a TARDIS in FO1.
>>
>>43805273
Is this part of an actual quest or the main story or are we talking about Easter egg content?

Because every Fallout game has had alien Easter egg.
>>
>>43804822

Post-apocalyptic. Not everything has to be some kind of "punk."
>>
>>43805283

That's what you've been doing from the premise of this discussion.
>>
>>43805105
James sabotaged it when the Enclave first attacked the facility, causing an "overload." The radiation is no less lethal when the machine is actually running.

Hell I'd be surprised if Project Purity still works after even a few years thanks to that thanks to the effects of radiation on steel.
>>
>>43805286
you know, after a whole paid DLC featuring ayyliens, people should just accept that they are as canon as the Pitt or Point Lookout is
>>
>>43805286
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Crashed_UFO_(Fallout_4)
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Alien_(Fallout_4)

I wouldn't say it's an easter egg, because it's not really hidden. Maybe one of the DLCs will expand on it.
>>
>>43805307
I will accept it as part of the canon story when it stops being shit.

It is the HH of Fallout.
>>
>>43805317
better stop playing modern fallout games then anon
>>
>>43804822
What does it even have to do with cyberpunk?
Is cyberpunk just "the future, but also like with stuff that's like not cool-futurey, you know." nowadays?
>>
>>43805317
>waah there are things I don't like
The only non-canon bits are Van Buren and Brotherhood of Steel.
>>
>>43805294
Do you not know what sarcasm is anon?
>>
>>43805305
This is fallout. You literally have buildings that are full of nuclear waste and they are fine. The robots walking their halls are fine. The food in the break room is as fine as any other food.

Hell, the quest in FO4 with the former Paladin, who lost his team THREE YEARS AGO, and their corpses are still fresh as daisies when you find them.

Oh, and all the corpses from The War still everywhere, they're just skeletal

Not as bad as in Fallout 3, where pre-war newspapers were still blowing around
>>
>>43805336
>Hell, the quest in FO4 with the former Paladin, who lost his team THREE YEARS AGO, and their corpses are still fresh as daisies when you find them.
not that guy but that's probably because Bethesda is too cheap for creating decayed human bodies models
>>
>>43804822
Generally i've heard it refer to as either atompunk or dieselpunk
>>
>Recon Craft Theta
>Recon Bunker Theta
Ayy Lmaos confirmed.
>>
>>43805310
>>43805307
>>43805317

Aliens have been part of Fallout ever since FO2.

Stop. Bitching.About.It

People conveniently forget these things. You niggas even forget the fucking Riders of the Apocalypse are also in the goddamn game.
>>
>>43804822
>Is Fallout cyberpunk, or is it some deviant form of steampunk?

Neither, nor would I call it any form of punk. How is fallout anti-establishment? I just do not see it.

What I would call it is retro futurist post apocalyptic.
>>
>>43805336
The Glow in Fallout 1 took a direct hit from a nuke, and the power, robots, and ZAX still work 84 years later.

>Not as bad as in Fallout 3, where pre-war newspapers were still blowing around
You can find Boston Bugle issues floating about Fallout 4.
>>
>>43805368
So is Dr Who also part of the Fallout universe?
>>
>>43805052
Well Yeah they have two radically opposing ideologies what you expect

Kumbaya?
>>
>>43805376

Bitch, Aliens are fucking in the fallout bible.

Go take your autism elsewhere.
>>
>>43805376
Dr. Who didn't had a paid DLC :^)
>>
>>43805376
Does he get a mention in the Bethesda games?
>>
>>43805372
Yeah, but they aren't BLOWING AROUND. ffs, if there is ANY humidity in the atmosphere, they'll get damp, clump up somewhere, and rot.

Or they'll just plain get shredded on account of the fact that jagged cliff walls are the softest thing, everything else made out of jagged scrap metal.

Its almost like FO3 took place 40 years after, not 200.
>>
>>43805396
>>43805395
The TARDIS was in FO1. Dr Who confirmed for canon

>>43805385
Allow me to quote someone from up-thread a way
>>waah there are things I don't like
>>
>>43805398
I like to think FO3 is set 20 years after the bombs fell.
Super Mutants still haven't mapped out all the caves of little lamplight.
The kids in Little Lamplight are the sons and daughters of the original schoolkids.
The Potomac is still irradiated to shit since the bombs are relatively recent.
No farms or decent civilisations have been set up due to the danger and the fact that people are still adjusting to post-war life.
There's enough food and guns to let people live off of scavenging, and certain high-danger areas haven't been scavenged yet.

It makes a lot more sense than having it be 200 years after.
>>
>>43805307
Problem is MZ tells us ayy lmaos started the war.
>>
>>43804878
It's a suffix you uneducated punk
>>
>>43805418
you sure are autistic today anon

>>43805421
ayy lmaos tried to extract the nuclear launch codes but so far we don't know who started the war
>>
>>43805418
Not mentioned in Bethesda games, not canon.
>>
>>43804822
It's neither cyber nor punk, so the answer is no.

It is 1950s Retro-Americana, that's all.
>>
>>43805376
Isnt he in every universe
>>
File: Fo1_Tardis.gif (3 MB, 395x279) Image search: [Google]
Fo1_Tardis.gif
3 MB, 395x279
>>43805448
You keep telling yourself that but the sad thing is that he is there and he is as canon as the aliens.
>>
Post-apocalyptic retro-futurism. -punk has nothing to do with it.
>>
>>43805631
You keep telling yourself that but the sad thing is that aliens are canons and that you are still arguing like a bored autist, anon
>>
>>43805127
Ikr I have about a 300 def rating in sanctuary, and they still want help if I don't help them then my settlers die and my turrets break
>>
>>43805215
Are you forgetting about all the beggars wandering around that ask for water? Or the fact that there were huge lines for the purified water once the purifier was turned on?
>>
>>43805696
Your tears are only making my sonic screwdriver harder.
>>
>>43805906
:^)
>>
>>43805906
The only tears here are yours, as you desperately try to pretend the aliens aren't canon.
>>
>>43805957
The only tears here are yours, as you desperately try to pretend that Dr Who isn't canon.
>>
>>43805696
Why can you not accept that Aliens are canon to Fallout, despite them being in multiple games and the Fallout bible?
What is your reasoning?
>>
>>43805964
>one reference in one game
>4 references and a whole DLC across 5 games
Aliens win again. Dr. Who is an alien too, so you lose either way.
>>
>>43804822
It's post-apoc.
>>
>>43805971
but aliens are canon anon
>>
>>43805999
This guy >>43805971 quoted the wrong post.
>>
>>43805904
>lines
But why. Couldn't they just like, walk up to a shore, and like, then, like, bend down and drink from the river?
>>
>>43806074
Only the water immediately around the Jefferson Memorial was pure to begin with. It'd take time for the whole river to be purified.
>>
>>43805838
How the hell do you increase Sanctuary pop without telling Settlers to move? Mine is at 8 whereas others are around 11-13
>>
>>43806074
Brotherhood keeps order around the purifier.

They don't want a lot of unwashed plebs stirring up the water and muddying it.

Form an orderly line, dunk bottle into the lake, walk away, drink from bottle.

If you don't like it you can go to the complaints department. Complaints department is Brother Brutus over there. The one with the power armour, Gatling laser and no sense of humour.
>>
>>43804822
50s Americana and SCIENCE with a liberal seasoning of nuclear devastation.
>>
>>43805631
I wonder if they ever got permission to use the Tardis? Or does it fall under "fair use for comedy" clause?
>>
>>43806209
I don't think they'd need permission, it's sight gag referencing a comparatively little-known show that was dead at the time.
>>
>>43804865
>The opening narration of the male lead in Fallout 4 is actually pretty good in that respect.
No it wasn't. It wasn't Ron so it wasn't even an intro narration.
>>
>>43805904
Broken Steel tried to show you how you fixed a problem by starting the purifier. The thing is, in vanilla Fallout 3, hardly anyone is looking for clean water. Except those two guys outside of Megaton and Rivet City that is. The gave hardly any evidence to show the player that the CW needs a basin fun of purified water to survive.

One could also argue that James should have worked on purifiers in Rivet City, which is safer and near the largest population center in the CW. But that's another thing.

Worlbuilding was not thought out well, if at all.
>>
>>43806092
you sure your radio tower is turned on? Seems like it only turns off and on when I hit the switch on it twice instead of just being red=off green=on.
>>
>>43804822
I've heard it be called Atom-punk, but I wouldn't consider it one of the punks
>>
>>43805052
>>43805065
>>43805094
Autumn wanted the purifier as leverage over the Wastelanders to basically enslave them.

>>43805420
DC got hit with the longest-lingering Salted Bombs in the Chinese arsenal as one last super "Fuck you"

>>43805286
>>43805307
The aliens are just easter eggs, even MSZ was more of a joke.

The Cabot Ancient primogenitor race may be more canon, because Bethesda are huge suckers for Lovecraftian themes (A shame their Innsmouth game was such a buggy mess, it was actually pretty good as far as things go.)
>>
>>43806377
There's also that random encounter of those 4 folks having a 2v2 standoff around a fridge. The water purifier in Megaton is falling apart and needs scrap metal and pipe repairs.

But still not much.
>>
>>43806436
Oh yea I completely forgot about that one. Thanks anon.

And the Megaton purifier just makes Liam Neeson seem a little more retarded. Why not completely remake their purifier to cleanse more for more people right where they need it instead of a metric fuckton of it in a river that still has Super Mutants patrolling its shores?
>>
>>43806377
There is a line in the Rivet City misc dialogue that has someone drinking irradiated water and is now fucked up.

I guess it disappears in Broken Steel? Never bothered to check.
I like the take in >>43805420
If it's only a little after the war, it explains why there's fucking rubble everywhere and why water might be an issue. Be easy to put in a few lines of
"if we want to expand at all we'll need water. We can purify enough for now but getting enough for a larger population is impossible.", as that would explain why nobody's hurting for water but getting more is a big deal.
But; Bethesda storywriting.
>>
>>43806471
Agreed. I'm not saying I didn't like 3, I just can't stand such shitty writing and worldbuilding for a game that relies on that so heavily.

Bethesda just fucked that one up imo.
>>
>>43806463

Considering you can just make a purifier for you and your pals in F4 now anyway, that entire plotline just seems fucking retarded.

Some 18 year old vault kid risks life limb and dad to make a water purifier. Then like two or three decades later, some assfuck crawls out of a vault and builds one in his backyard.

GG Liam Neeson.
>>
>>43806310
Narrators. Narrators never change. But sometimes they do, when IPs change developers.
>>
>>43805134
As far as I can tell, most settlements were just holding on, and there was no real attempt at regrowth. No one can afford anything outside of small scale plants that might keep a community alive. Purified water on a large scale would allow people to grow their own food and to support larger populations as a whole, without having to worry as much about dying of radiation. People might actually be able to form a civilization like out in the Mojave instead of just hanging on.
>>
>>43806616
Fallout has two requisites for theme. Ink Spots Music, and Ron Perlman telling us that War, War never changes.

(Though apparently he was the VA for the newscaster that announced the Bombs had dropped?)
>>
>>43805279
Eh, that view seems pretty biased. >>43805190 really hit the nail on the head. There's no, "good" or "bad" just your own perspective of it all. I for one agree with the Brotherhood of Steel.
>>
>>43804822
It's Fallout.
Not steampunk, nukapunk, dieselpunk, cyberpunk, 50'spunk, Falloutpunk, Atompunk, or any other kind of punk.
Just.
Fallout.
>>
>>43804900
underrated post
>>
>>43805157
>>43805159
So no mention of the Lone Wanderer? 'sigh' this is why I prefer the games to not be connected to each other, because I'm pretty sure the L.W would've become leader of the Brotherhood over Maxon.
>>
>>43806496
The ones you can build in FO4 are more on scale with the sort of purifiers they have in the settlements in FO3. Can purify enough water, probably through conventional means, to supply a settlement. Project Purity does some sort of magic shit and pulls all of the fallout out of the entire Potomac. Not only is that a lot of purified water for settlements and stuff, it's a stepping stone to getting some ecosystems restarted.
>>
>>43806909
>'sigh'
Off yourself.
>>
>>43804949
>suits being powered for a few days
thats a gameplay restriction.
>>
>>43806909

Maxon isn't the High Elder, he's just an Elder. We're not sure who the High Elder is yet, but it will probably be Maxon once they get in touch with the West Coast BoS once again.
>>
>>43806910
senpai I have enough purified water from The Castle and Sanctuary to crash the economy of the commonwealth.
I'm the Water Baron of the Wastes.
>>
>>43806909
That's pretty par for course though in Fallout, only the original Vault Dweller ever actively sought an authority role, and even that was just as a tribal founder.
Plus, it's Bethesda in this case - you should know from the TES games they have a hard-on for 'hero disappears after the story never to be heard from again, with only a whisper of the direction they headed if anything'.
>>
>>43806980
>Maxon
>Not dead
CommieRailroad is obviously canon.
>>
>>43804829
Why would it be "dieselpunk?" Damn near everything is nuclear powered.
>>
>>43804822
Vacuum-tubepunk
>>
>>43805159
>>43805269
I wonder if the WCBoS is hiding the fact that they're a weak bunch of failures in the hopes they can keep manipulating the ECBoS if they manage to seem important enough.

The approval of the WCBoS was integral in getting the Outcasts to rejoin the ECBoS.

>>43806953
The actually did start making more advanced transistors (Culminating in House's chips) near the end.

And I still think "Fission Batteries" may just be branding, they're mentioned as containing battery acid in several places.
>>
>>43807001

See, I went in there with the Wounding Flamer (adds 15 points of bleed damage for every point of damage you do), in my BOS II T-60d and gladly did away with the Railroad. Hell, when I told the Railroad to go fuck themselves when they asked me to join, I'm pretty sure Danse's boner was poking me in the back.

Which is gross because it's a goddamn synth. It died with as much dignity as one of it's kind could, so I can commend it for that.
>>
>>43805117
I don't think that either potential government of the Pitt would be willing to work for Maxon jr.

>>43805139
>>By proxy of the LW they basically own The Pitt and all its industrial might.
>The Pitt is unrelated to the BoS
Not exactly unrelated, the former BoS guy in charge seemed amicable to the idea of rejoining the BoS after he got his shit in order and freed his slaves once the cure was in production.

He doesn't seem the sort to agree with Maxon's ideals however, after all he was super focused on rebuilding and even gave his raiders fucking laser shotguns and other high-tech gear even though he knew a lot of them were just violent assholes that he's probably have to purge later, once they'd served their purpose.
>>
>>43806909
>sigh
>>
>>43806909
Do you remember how the Lone Wanderer was portrayed for most of Fallout 3? He was the scared kid looking for his dad, even a little annoyingly whiny. It makes sense since he was supposed to be only 18 and raised in a Vault before being shoved out into this new world, but he had some really annoying dialogue options.

Either way, he probably wasn't really leader material. A bit too young, a bit too green. Better to have someone from the Brotherhood be the leader than an honorarily inducted rookie who seemed to prefer to maintain his independence.

It's sort of like in Oblivion - would you really want the Hero of Kvatch to be the new Emperor, despite his popularity, or would you rather let the Chancellor handle the government?
>>
>>43804822
>Is Fallout cyberpunk
This is some grade A retardery
>>
>>43805064
> Only way to save the day involves dying of radiation poisoning
> talk to super mutant bro about him doing it since no one has to die this way
> high karma and charisma means he does it
> sweet now no one has to die
> Ending comes
> That asshole seemed like a good person but didn't needlessly kill himself at the end
> Why is this a bad thing?
>>
File: suspicion-on-site.jpg (11 KB, 400x270) Image search: [Google]
suspicion-on-site.jpg
11 KB, 400x270
>>43806909
>'sigh'
>>
>>43805018
All the vaults on the East coast we've seen so far have the 3,000, along with Vault 21 from the Las Vegas area

Also 81 had the Pip Boy 3000
>>
>>43804822
It's post-apocalyptic.

What's with all the no-good lousy punks these days? Get a job!
>>
>>43807278
I dunno anon. If that friendly firing spaz Arthur Maxson can be an Elder of the BoS by the age of 20 then I think the Lone Wanderer would rise to a position of some import in the BoS considering he'd nearly be 30 by the time of FO4.

If you follow the good karma path you're in pretty good standing with the BoS by the end of Broken Steel. Not only did you secure Project Purity for them, you pretty much single handedly wiped out the remnants of the Enclave. Although it'll never happen since Bethesda hates establishing canon for their PCs in later games I don't think speculation that the Lone Wanderer became a high ranking member or even an Elder of the East Coast BoS entirely out of the realm of possibility.

All that said, is anyone else bothered by how young Maxson is in FO4? I mean really, freaking 20? Elder of the BoS? And that sort of facial hair?
>>
>>43804822 It can be considered 1950's style "Atomic-Punk", if that's what you're into.

Sort of like Mars Attacks, as another example.
>>
File: Russia.jpg (166 KB, 640x792) Image search: [Google]
Russia.jpg
166 KB, 640x792
>>43804873
>Fashion is cyclical

I can't wait for the 40's-50's fashion to return then. I'm sick to death of the retro 70's fashion that's been popular for the last 5-8 years. Thank god for the lack of disgusting earth tone colors that were popular back then.

Also, more optimistic science-fiction would be nice instead of the shit we got now sans The Martian.
>>
>>43808990
I enjoy flannels. I got left with a lot of them, and it's a good excuse to wear a fairly nice overshirt with a color to compliment/contrast a t-shirt.

I don't know if such older fashions will return. Though far more casual than much earlier periods, to the modern eye it'll seem a bit too stiff and formal, and the depression-era clothes are very grey and bland. At best we might see some suit coats and flat caps. And most importantly, I doubt we'll have that 50s optimism for a while yet.
>>
File: Suit.png (2 MB, 900x2400) Image search: [Google]
Suit.png
2 MB, 900x2400
>>43809523
flannel isn't bad unless you go full-hipster. I mainly hate the hairstyles and color palette. It does make me giggle with glee when my younger brother got into the craze and my mother busted open the old photo book and pointed out he dresses just like our father (who is stuck in the 70's) does. Crushed his spirits, and his wife mocks him for it all the time now.

>stiff and formal

Can be pulled off still. It could like wearing a tailored suit now, a bit overdressed, but with some sense you make everyone looks like unclothe simpletons and women will eat it all up.

>depression-era clothes are very grey and bland.

Mattered on area and profession. City folk still had a lot of color, everyone was coming off the Victorian era clothing.
>>
>>43804822
Depends on the game. The first two games are really the only ones that are post-apocalyptic, with the exception of New Vegas maybe. Bethesda seems to like to play way to far into the "junkpunk" aspect of Fallout, to the point where the other themes are heavily diluted. People are managing in FO1 - 2, there are legitimate settlements and nation-states. In Bethesdas interpretation, everyone is living in Nigerian-shanty town like conditions. Very rusty and scrappy in feel.
>>
>>43804949
I think the lore specifically mentions that the transistor was never invented either, forcing them to rely on bulkier and older vacuum tube tech.
>>
File: b90.png (243 KB, 342x450) Image search: [Google]
b90.png
243 KB, 342x450
>>43804822

>Is Star Wars Laserpunk?
>Is 40k Grimpunk?
>Is Lord of the Rings Elfpunk?
>Is WoD Vampunk?
>Is Mass Effect Shepunk?
>Is World War II Nazipunk?
>Is CoC Cthulupunk?
>Is Batman Comicpunk?
>Is F.A.T.A.L Rapepunk?

That is what you and half the people in this thread sound like.
>>
>>43810042
They do invent them, late, and miniaturize them, late. Early enough for them to be deployed in highest-tech stuff and the military, but too late for the mass market.
>>
File: 1448212608473.jpg (8 KB, 250x225) Image search: [Google]
1448212608473.jpg
8 KB, 250x225
>>43809999
>junkpunk
>>
>>43806403
Yeah I did the on off thing when I first built it but only at 8
>>
>>43810687
lol I know, I just couldn't think of what to call Bethesda's fetish for scrap metal.
>>
>>43810072
Wasn't there something similarly invented right before the Great War that could have solved the energy crises?
>>
>>43810780
Recycling?
Yeah, that's a late bloomer in FO, it was too communist for the US.
>>
>>43808430
Maxon is the descendant of the brotherhood's creator and has been trained since birth pretty much for his role. Many members still have isolationist views and wouldn't want some nobody as their leader.

Would people want a non-american as president on the united states?
>>
>>43804829

Atompunk, which is essentially the next technological step after dieselpunk.
>>
>>43808430
>20 year olds with stupid facial hair
Alert the media
>>
>>43807123
>Siding with the Brotherhood

Yeah, nah. I blew them up with Artillery. Maxson can go play Spess Muhreen in hell.

Shame Danse got angry about that, I would have gladly have incorporated him into my new United Commonwealth given half the chance.
>>
>>43807018
Only at the very end of the pre-war era. Nuclear cars and such were introduced because oil reserves were drying up, and they only mastered cold fusion a few years before the bombs dropped.
>>
>>43811066
He's also repeating the previous games Brotherhood mistakes every step of the way. Ironic because the northeastern chapter was founded because the feudal government layout doesn't work.
>>
>>43804842
That's debatable.

The prewar government and vault tec are pretty evil, or at least dangerously incompetent with no regard for the consequences.

Also the remnants of the us government are the villains of two of the games.

It's at least a little punk, but not all titles.
>>
Atompunk. Yes it's a thing.
>>
Punk:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punk_ideologies

>In its original incarnation, the punk subculture was primarily concerned with concepts such as anti-establishment, equality, freedom, anti-authoritarianism, individualism, direct action, free thought and non-conformity. Punk ideologies are usually expressed through punk rock music, punk literature, spoken word recordings, punk fashion, or punk visual art. Some punks have participated in direct action, such as protests, boycotts, squatting, vandalism, or property destruction.

Is the story about a mix of cynicism towards authority figures, support for individualism, a view of the establishment falling apart, but the possibility of individuals to take authentic action? Is there a negative perception of wealth, status, material possessions (at least possessions that aren't "do it yourself" at any rate)? Do the heroes aim towards creating their own authentic existence apart from existing overall social structures?

Then the story is some kind of "-punk". Otherwise, it's just standard sci-fi or fantasy.
>>
>>43814388
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXVO1HCNQ8M

I always liked this analysis of Cyberpunk and where it comes from.
>>
>>43805002
Are you sure it was shadow of the colossus? How does that make any sense?
>>
>>43805149

Madison came from Boston I believe. Or she went there after the events of 3.
>>
>>43806657

Correct. If a DLC makes Ron one of the male voices and does nothing else I'd still buy it.
>>
>>43804961
It's a system of genre categorization, faggot.
Not some buzzword.

Its also likely older than you are, given the average age of 4chan anons is 23
>>
File: 1442695547482.jpg (28 KB, 409x325) Image search: [Google]
1442695547482.jpg
28 KB, 409x325
>mfw everybody on /tg/ is fucking retarded
>>
>>43815255
I hear ya. This is the most depressing thread we've had in a while.
>>
>>43810059
As I said, this is some advanced retardery
>>
>>43815255
I honestly think people wanted to discuss steampunk and fallout. Didn't care about how shitty the thread is, it's an opportunity.
>>
>>43804856

I'm pretty sure the in-universe explanation is that 60s and 70s just never happened for another 100 years.

Adversity being the mother of invention, the Nukaverse basically stagnates after getting their robot butlers and flying cars until they hit the massive wall of resource shortages, global plague and full-scale war.

Due to the unbridled prosperity brought on by fusion-power and the willingness to use nuclear weaponry, the Korean war, the Vietnam war, collapse of the Soviet Union, the '73 oil crisis never happened or unfolded drastically differently.

Because of this, there was never a huge move into counter-culturalism. Nearly 100 years after it happened in our universe, you're just starting to see trace evidence of proto-hippies and similar groups that radically altered the social landscape post-50s when the bombs drop.
>>
>>43807123
>that spoiler
It was a terrible day for rain when that happened.

I did feel bad about the Railroad. I joined full well knowing I am using them to get more info on the goddamn Institute. Was hoping there would be some kind of shut down or self destruct signal I could broadcast when I kicked the door of the Institute in. Bludgeoning all those people to death with a Power Sledge was tough.

Did anyone else kill "Father" before leaving the Institute then leave the Synth 10 year old Shaun to die? It was almost surreal killing your son twice. He turned into a fucking monster and joined up with the people who killed his mother. Fuck him and his entire misbegotten kind.
>>
I feel the Railroad makes the most sense to go with for me. But I just don't like them for some reason..like their aesthetic.
>>
>>43804841
>>43804856
>>43804865
First guy nailed it, atompunk is the name for the genre and it is super uncommon because it is hard to pull off without making 50s America look awful
>>
>>43818857

But 50s america WAS awful.
>>
>>43805216
Aliens are canon since FO2 you autist.
>>
>>43805249
Or retro-sci fi

Im totally okay with this term. Better than putting "punk" at every thing
>>
>>43819276
Even though, somewhat ironically, Fallout's raiders have a huge punk aesthetic, I wouldn't call fallout ____punk.
>>
>>43806251
If they would have used a 40keks reference, GW would try to sue them now.
>>
>>43819045
Only to commies
>>
File: drfyghaderyasery.jpg (25 KB, 300x298) Image search: [Google]
drfyghaderyasery.jpg
25 KB, 300x298
>>43815255
>>
>>43804889
Actually, steampunk was originally punk, until it's vibe was co-opted by people who just wanted to masturbate over airships. Steampunk was invented by two cyberpunk authors who got a little mad about their fanbase getting kinda uppity and pretentious about cyberpunk being so much better and intricate and poignant than any of that all fashioned bullshit, so they cowrote a counter-culture themed novel utilising the tropes of cyberpunk but with a high technology victorian aesthetic as a gentle ''fuck you''. Unfortunately, no one got the point, and the punk aspect of steampunk was buried by waves of imitators who wanted rich aristocrats having fancy adventures on their private airships.
>>
I'm pretty sure Fallout is ___spunk.
>>
>>43817431
Robots are a recent invention, bud.
Miniaturized/portable fusion power was still new when the great war hit.
>>
>>43819521

>Implying the 50s era of unionization, regulation, and 90% top tax brackets was the "least communist" time in US history.
>>
>>43804822
It's raygun gothic.
Everyone who uses whatever-punk beyond cyberpunk should be put on forced labor.
>>
>>43804822
Post-apocalypse pulp SciFi?
>>
>>43823112

"Raygun gothic" would be if it were an adventure set in the pre-cataclysm world, with social institutions intact, stable government and some kind of updated take on classic science fiction tropes. The mood of that kind of work is nostalgia for the promise of a future that never happened, not a cynicism for a present that did occur.
>>
>>43804842
Did you've just confused genre with aesthetics?
>>
>>43815228
>given the average age of 4chan anons is 23
You mean 15, right?
>>
>>43824925
Only during holidays.
>>
>>43804949
>(hippies were all shot, for instance)
Good on them, I wish we did the same IRL.
>>
>>43804822
Fallout is a western. Sometimes a post-western.

It's not a -punk.
>>
>>43806310
Ways to tell it's a real Fallout:
-inkspots
-Ron
-.223 handgun
>>
>>43807018
Dieselpunk is more about the aesthetic of the technology and engineering of the period rather than diesel as a source of energy.
>>
File: 1447468733636.jpg (16 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1447468733636.jpg
16 KB, 480x480
>>43805075
> paying twice for an unfinished game
>>
>>43805086
>You shouldn't need dlc to make the main storyline end in a non-fucking stupid way.
Said nobody in Bethesda ever.
>>
>>43828057
>paying for games
>>
>>43805099
Institute allegedly only killed the dignitaries because the dignitaries were about to walk away from the table (And presumably go to war)

>>43810780
>>43810811
They don't even recylce their spent nuclear fuel.

Most radioactive waste can get a few more uses out of it, even IRL, the only reason it's not done by the real world US is that re-using Fissile material enough leaves you with bomb-grade plutonium after a certain point and the US and Russia have specific treaties that basically ban us from recycling spent fuel rods past a certain point. (This is a half informed Layman's understanding if I'm wrong please correct me)

Fallout USA? They'd NEVER cut a deal like that.
>>
>>43828156
>using money at all
>not trading games for sacks of potatoes
>>
>>43823026
See, those were ealy unions, fresh faced and relatively uncorrupted, staffed by hard working AMERICANS, not damn dirty Pinkos.

>>43817431
I think Fusion power, even non-miniaturized fusion power was very late game. Even the "Mass Fusion" dumping grounds are full of FISSILE waste.
>>
>>43829022
>sacks of potatoes
>not giving away sacred chants and prayers to ward of evil in exchange of videogames
>>
>>43804822
Why does everything have to be punk now?
Is Star Wars fucking Plasmapunk?
Is One Thousand and One Nights Arabpunk?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.