[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
About a week ago I made a thread asking for an introduction to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (421 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
421 KB, 1920x1080
About a week ago I made a thread asking for an introduction to 40k lore.
There's one thing I still don't get, why does THE EMPRAH hate Chaos?
Why do Daemons n stuff want to kill humanity if feelings and religion is what they feed of?
>>
>>43804118
Because Chaos is an insane, inherently self-destructive force. It exists to consume and annihilate everything, and that includes itself. The Chaos Gods spend most of their time fighting each other.
>>
>>43804118
Because chaos can't get reasoned with and the grimdark nature of the setting made the chaos gods single-mindedly want to enslave or destroy reality to their apparently incomprehensible and paradoxical will because.
It's chaos shit doesn't have to be explained, really.
The only thing that could explain this is that the gods were born majorly from negative and destructive emotions and from them seek to make more of them happen leading to a death spiral of reality.
But then again, chaos and logic don't go hand in hand.

Emprah hates chaos because emprah wants a future for mankind while chaos wouldn't allow it.
>>
>>43804118
Note that chaos is shaped by emotions, but in the end it's fed by souls.
Souls remain even after death.
Kinda.
Chaos, actually defies logic and reason anyway.
>>
>>43804118
Daemons don't want to kill Humanity, just humans. They want to bring about unending conflict, an eternal circle of war from which springs all the essential emotions and feelings that Chaos feeds off. The worst possible thing for Chaos would be if they 'won', and destroyed all living life in the galaxy.
>>
>>43804207
Then why don't good and positive feelings like the strongest human strenght (hope) shape up good gods?
>>
>>43804249

They do. Tzeentch is the god of hope. Use google next time because your questions are extra fucking stupid.

>hur dur why bad guys bad
>>
>>43804249
Because the universe is so utterly nightmarish that the weight of negative emotion completely drowns them out. They either form weak deities which are easily consumed and destroyed, or are incorporated into the Chaos Gods themselves and used to make them appear less vile. Khorne, for example, might absorb ideals of Honour and Justice into his portfolio, but at the end of the day they're just masks used to lure people down the path of bloodshed and slaughter.
>>
>>43804270
Isn't he still a Chaos God? I was talking about sane and good willing Gods that may want order instead of complete Chaos bullshit
>>
>>43804295
>sane and good willing God of order

That's called the Emperor.

Also the Chaos Gods ate all the good Eldar gods.
>>
>>43804270
Why do the most advanced weapons armor and equipment in the whole galaxy look like big toys
>>
>>43804326

Because GW designers have cocks for eyes.
>>
Then why THE EMPRAH didn't just EXTERMINATUS every human aside from a bunch of frozen humans just to wake them up after all of the bad guys starved?
>>
>>43804337
Because it's not like the Emperor and Chaos are the only forces in the galaxy. There were dozens of aggressive Xenos races who would have just loved to jump on Humanity in such a weakened state and wipe them out.
>>
>>43804118
It's worth noting that Chaos doesn't actually feed off of religion.

The Empra thought it did and that was his justification for going Full Fedora. He was wrong.

Chaos feed off of emotion. They just like adoration because they are, quite literally, ego monsters.

Chaos doesn't want to actually kill humanity. They end up doing because raw Chaos is not sustainable for humans on any scale be it galactic or personal.

It's like alcohol. Everyone likes the occasional beer. Its not too unhealthy and it helps you relax and make friends. If you try to live off of nothing but beer you die. Every sentient creature in 40k, bar maybe the maggot people and Necrons, is an alcoholic.

And the Emperor hates Chaos because Chaos hates him. Chaos hates him because he stole from the living Warp to make the primarchs, tried to double cross them after they empowered him and spent the entirety of the Great Crusade persecuting their followers.
>>
>>43804295
>Isn't he still a Chaos God?

Yes.

>I was talking about sane and good willing Gods that may want order instead of complete Chaos bullshit

The Chaos Gods are perfectly sane, they're just higher dimensional beings with a totally different outlook on things. You could no more comprehend their thoughts than an insect could comprehend yours.
>>
>>43804118
Chaos wants chaos, it wants to rule and also destroy, its naturally violent and almost all the gods get off on it. Khorne loves the war and blood, tzeentch I guess likes all the change? Nurgle gets joy and power from infecting and death, slaanesh just gets off on anything

The emperor saw this and went "hmm maybe its best if we try and get rid of that"
>>
>>43804295
Chaos doesn't work that way, its not even really meant to have any gods in it, but the old ones turned it into a weapon and disturbed it (accidentally sorta) and this has caused daemons and shit to be born/ formed
>>
Chaos is like a virus, it doesn't care about sustainability, all it cares about is making as many people as possible fall to it in the worst way, because that feeds it.
>>
>>43804118
Does anyone have an archive of that thread? I still know jackshit about 40k.
>>
>>43804171
The minor chaos god Malice, although only debatably canon, is an embodiment of this.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.