[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: WoodElemental.jpg (29 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
WoodElemental.jpg
29 KB, 223x310
What went wrong?
>>
>>43801358
Should have cost 1 mana
>>
>>43801358
just another reason for crucible of worlds to go up.
>>
File: oh shit.jpg (18 KB, 366x380) Image search: [Google]
oh shit.jpg
18 KB, 366x380
>>43801358
>untapped forests
>>
>>43802078
It'd be broken if you could sac the forests you'd used the mana to pay for it.

I mean, think about it, getting a 4/4 by turn four that easy would be bullshit.
>>
>>43802118

The worst part is that, at the time, that was almost certainly the thought process behind the card.
>>
>>43802118
This. You would get a 4 power creature that can also survive lightning bolt on turn 4. And it only cost you all your lands. Way too fucking OP.
>>
File: image.png (156 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
image.png
156 KB, 223x311
>>43801358
nothing, it was all part of the long game.
>>
>>43802173
Even with Titania out, you need a fuckload of forests to make Wood Elemental work, or some way to untap forests at instant speed like with elves.
>>
>>43802205
>Intruder alarm+Living Plane
>>
>>43802218

you also need like summer bloom and stuff or what are you gonna do with that?
>>
i think the thought process is when you ramp up as green, which is what green did back in the day, and have 14 lands to your opponents 10, plus elves, and you have some other beefy creatures out, you can sacrifice 10 of your lands or whatever to get a 10/10 (which was huge back then). or 14/14 if you're feeling ballsy.

its like a closer card for when you're on top.

not saying i would ever use it. but its pretty damn powerful for oldschool mtg in the right circumstance.
>>
>>43802627
Force of nature cost one more mana and was printed in alpha.

Hazezon Tamir and Dakkon Backblade where both in legends and better ways to use your huge amount of lands.

no excuse for wood elemental
>>
>>43802699
But bro, you can have Wood Elemental AND Force and Nature! Imagine the sheer power at your fingertips.
>>
File: DevastatingSummons.jpg (59 KB, 480x680) Image search: [Google]
DevastatingSummons.jpg
59 KB, 480x680
>>43801358 >>43801510
Didn't they already fix this card?
>>
>>43803490
Ivy Elemental and its ilk are also descendants of Wood Elemental.
>>
>>43802730
Yeah no.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.