[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
At-43 Anyone still play this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: TIAMAT.jpg (687 KB, 1000x1310) Image search: [Google]
TIAMAT.jpg
687 KB, 1000x1310
I have a bunch. I pulled it out and man the shit looks cool. Played about 5 years ago last I remember. What happened?
>>
>>43798602
I have no idea what that pic is but it looks cool
>>
>>43799136
Its humanity after they won science.
>>
>>43798602

It was cool. And fun. But it came from a company in the final throes of death, and was thus also 1) expensive and 2) sloppy in execution.

The rules are free if you can find em online. The miniatures are still around on eBay and miniatures market.

Currently my Karmans play in Stargrunt II, and I'm trying to figure out how to make them work in 40k (counts as tau?)
>>
File: image.jpg (94 KB, 474x337) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94 KB, 474x337
>>43800098

Meant to include a photo
>>
>>43800098
>(counts as tau?)
>>43800168
Maybe. The Tau themselves don't do CC until Crisis Suits, and the Karmans aren't quite that large. In a game without TLOS it wouldn't matter, but GW keeps insisting that's a good idea...
>>
>>43798602
What happened? Incompetence and Gallic overconfidence happened.

The game has its good and bad points. The models are, for the most part, among the good points.
>>
>>43800168
How many points is that!?
>>
>>43800098
What about using them for Gates of Antares?
>>
The story was pretty good too...until you get to Cogs and ONI at least.
I'll just use this white dwarf star to power the EMI Grid and any excess can power the engines. Fucking Therians, man. Best humanity.
>>
>>43801639

They started the other races because they were bored. And it wasn't even a collective 'them' that did it. These are the outcasts, thr neckbeards of humanity. Those who were too focused on the mechanics of the game they were playing (a real time 4x ARG) to meaningfully contribute to society (which was otherwise entirely post singularity digital entities)
>>
>>43801742
I know that, I'm just saying the story was alright until Cogs and ONI got introduced. The last bit was just an example of how awesome/decadent Therians are.
Therians literally do not need a physical playground during transit, but instead of having a huge stockpile of war platforms they use all that matter and energy to act out video games.
>>
>>43801742
>They started the other races because they were bored.

Except for the COGS, those are the only faction in the setting that weren't created by Therians to do their jobs for them so the Therians could fuck off and play vidya.
>>
>>43801857

I 100% agree with you. Though I think that the cog proof of concept art was all awesome, and really invoked memories of chthulutech for me. But those minis were ugly and dumb in comparison.
>>
>>43801906

Yeah, I remember that now. There was some other klingon /krogan race too that never surfaced in the game. They were also not made by the therians if I recall correctly.
>>
>>43798602
I want some of the mechs for Secrets of the Third Reich, the game didn't really interest me though.
>>
>>43800168
Shame the company went under, Karmans were bitching.
>>
>>43802284

Yeah, it's surprisingly hard to find decent scifi gorilla miniatures, and they are some of the finest.
>>
>>43801067

Gates of what? Does it allow you to make your own armies, or would it be a 'counts as' thing?
>>
>>43802604
Blizzard had to find something a little more obscure to rip off this time.

Also in the spirit of full disclosure, I tried converting one of those ape guys into an Ork Big Mek. It didn't really turn out for the best.
>>
>>43798602
I fucking love the Karmans, the yetis in power armor are the best faction. Still got my army, about 50-60 giant monkeys, but all I can use 'em for now is Jokaero.
>>
>>43798602
I wish I could find these guys. I have to admit that they're what I always imagined 40k Dark Eldar should look like. Basically Blame! miniatures.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.