[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MTG... In the future!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (281 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
image.png
281 KB, 375x523
What do y'all think MTG is gonna be like in 20XX? I really hope hanger back walker is gonna go down to 1,500 (without thinkin' bout inflation)
Y'all?
>>
>>43797599

>mfw I bought evolutionary leap instead of walker, because I was sure it wouldn't spike that fast.
>>
>Implying we'll have time to play Magic when we're fighting off Acid-Roaches the size of Dogs
>>
One of these days I will have a rigger assemble a contraption.
>>
>>43798308
>caring about acid-roaches when the perimeters of your family-pods are guarded by molecular disintegration rays
>not just continuing to live in glorious VR while your waifubot feeds you and tends your body
>>
>>43798496
Fuck you too Corpdrone, which family member's data-ghost did you sell to afford that schway lifestyle, huh?
>>
>>43798528
My father owned a considerable share of Alphabet stocks before they seized half the western world.

I've got enough credits to buy a small country, and I can even fund my miniature hobby.
>>
>>43797599
What do you think about Big-Rigs coming back to beat rdw in the Neo-Modern title? Fucking contraptions man!
>>
>>43797599

it will be like real life yugioh
>>
Wizards decided since losing wasn't fun or interactive all cards are creatures that have the effect "Both Players Win the Game and Hug"
>>
File: 1433809964638.jpg (43 KB, 214x329) Image search: [Google]
1433809964638.jpg
43 KB, 214x329
>>43799105
>real life yugioh
>>
>>43799105
>>43800681
I CANT WAIT TO BANISH SOME NIGGAS TO THE SHADOW REALM
>>
>>43797599
>>43799105
And played on motorcycles.
>>
>>43797599
Advances in virtual reality technology will make for a far more immersive Magic experience.

You are a Planeswalker. Literally.
>>
>>43797599
All cards will use the frame from Future Sight
>>
>>43799105
Oh shit! I'd better get real good at this game real quick then! Literally every conflict can be resolved with collectible card games played with overly complicated hologram projectors!
>>
>>43800846
Can't blue already do that?
>>
>>43800846
>Banish someone to the shadow realm
>WELCOME TO THE LEGACY REALM. HERE IS YOUR COMPLEMENTARY MIRACLES DECK, BEST SINCE 2012' SCRUB-O.
>Die there
>Nasheeds in the distance, interrupted by machine music
>>
>>43800646
Unless one is male and the other isn't, at which he cannot touch she/it/xyr(added after the social correctness reform of 2050)/flobididopoity(Added after the flogoridians invade earth).

If they're both male they must have sex to prove how progressive they're (unless the flogoridians have invade earth, they made card games illegal, it does make sense in perspective)
>>
So, have you guys seen the new spoiler for New Return to Reformed Ravnica 4.0?
>Leyline of Flabbergastation
>4UUU
>You may start with it in play if it's in your opener
>"Players can't cast nonblue spells"
We really needed this answer to the Turn 0 RDW deck, they're literally the only deck to not splash blue for Countersquabble and Mana Rinse. Wonder if Emrakul's Power Plant will rise up in price?
>>
>>43797599

I think that by 2025 Magic will have declined significantly in popularity as cheaper, more convenient digital alternatives hit their stride and sap most of their new customers.* WotC will respond either by jacking up the power level and complexity to appeal to the older crowd or water everything down even further in a desperate attempt to pull the kids from their iDevices. In both cases limited will have even more support than it is now and sets like Conspiracy will be more common because they'll have realized that the fools paying every time they want to play the game are the ones mainly keeping it still afloat.

*Before you start with the HURRR DURR LUCKSTONE SUX shit, yes that is the most likely candidate on the market right now but it doesn't have to be the chosen one, a decade is a long time. Many other games will come and any one of them could have the magic formula to earn all of the money (or even just enough money to stay in business while still drawing in more than enough F2P players to starve the other games in the genre).
>>
>>43805067
Doubtful. Even assuming that paper ccgs are not long for this world (which isn't guaranteed), Wizards has shown that they can make successful MtG vidya with DoTP -- the only reason MTGO sucks is because they view it as a much more direct competitor to the paper business, which is still their bread and butter. If the equation shifts and they can't make money on paper, they'll be able to make it to digital.
>>
>>43799105
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9NBvsmQ2Ik

HOW LONG UNTIL WE CAN FEEL PAIN FROM TAKING DAMAGE IN CARD GAMES
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.