[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Generically-titled Fire Emblem Quest Gen. 2 #12
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 5
File: ITCONTINUES.jpg (236 KB, 1135x704) Image search: [Google]
ITCONTINUES.jpg
236 KB, 1135x704
>You are a young man named Lloyd from the frozen Northern mountains of Tordo, on the continent of Teege. After a youth spent learning magic, you and your girlfriend spent some time as bandits after your home was destroyed, but have recently taken a chance to escape that life into a legit one... As sellswords, admittedly, but it's better than nothing.

>Your exact goal will change from thread to thread, most likely involving some job or another you've been sent on.

>The questmasters are Octoling (myself), and Grandflaw. There's no particular rhyme or reason to who posts when, and sometimes one of us might not appear all.

>Character Death is always a possibility and sometimes an inevitability (this is Fire Emblem after all), but your actions can very easily influence who lives and who dies.

>Voting periods will last an average of ten to fifteen minutes, but this may be increased, decreased, or generally changed at any given moment based on voter turnout.

>The previous threads are archived on suptg. A link to the most recent (coupled with summary and a handy list of names) is pasted http://pastebin.com/9ubm8wmb

>Our update twitter is https://twitter.com/qmgrandflocto and you can shoot us questions at http://ask.fm/qmgrandflocto

>An up-to-date link to all threads currently archived, both for this quest and its precursor: http://pastebin.com/Q77ts75m
>>
File: SwordmasterGBAIcon.gif (1 KB, 76x69) Image search: [Google]
SwordmasterGBAIcon.gif
1 KB, 76x69
On the way back to Elza, your company crossed paths with two men, one apparently garou and younger, one somewhat older and fully human, with medium-length brown hair and a dulled red coat. Swordsmen, by the looks of it, both of them.

To be more technical, at the time, it was night, you were camped about a day from the city, and you and Ansi were on watch.

"You two here to start trouble?" Ansi says, wary of potential bandits and tired. "Just keep moving, both of you."

"Don't talk to us like that!" The wolf grumbles, snarling.

"H-hey, wait," the human says, holding up his hand, "stay your hand, would you?"

"You say that now," Ansi says, suspiciously.

>A. Instruct these two men to back off
>B. Tell Ansi to back down
>C. Ask what they need
>D. Write-in
>E. Be silent
>>
>>43797034
>A. Instruct these two men to back off
>>B. Tell Ansi to back down
>>
>>43797097
"Look, all of you back off."

The human responds, "but... I wasn't-"

"Listen to him," Ansi says, "we're just getting back from one hell of a mission, and we don't need any trouble."

"You too, Ansi, gods! Two guys just happen by and you assume they're out to rob us?"

"Father, these two have an attitude," the (half?) Garou says.

The father shakes his head. "Romulus, this is..." He turns towards both of you. "Sorry for starting trouble. We'll just... Be on our way now."

"That's right," Ansi says, "'the hell away from us' is that way, gentlemen."

The men nod, Romulus turning to glare and growl at Ansi once more before they head off in the direction you two were coming from.

"Hmph... I could've taken them," Ansi grumbles.

>A. Wait a minute...
>B. Ansi, the hell's your problem
>C. Tell the men to come back!
>D. You probably could have
>E. Write-in response
>F. Be silent
>>
>>43797319
>A. Wait a minute...
>C. Tell the men to come back!
>>
File: garoutransformed.png (230 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
garoutransformed.png
230 KB, 400x300
>>43797368
"Wait... Romulus, he said?"

"Think so."

"Wait! Hey, you two!" You run after them briefly, calling for their attention. "Get back here, would you?"

The men turn, notice you, and whisper among themselves briefly before returning.

"What is this about?" Romulus says with a scowl.

"Er... Sorry if this is being presumptuous, but... A garou fellow named Romulus, his human father... You wouldn't happen to be looking for Colleen and Rema, would you?"

They look taken aback. Romulus in particular gets angry, shifting his form and lifting you up-guess his swordsmanness wasn't all he could do. "What the hell have you done with them?!"

"Romulus!" The father calls, "please, don't do this! Let him ex-"

A bright flash of light, Romulus looking pained, and Ansi pulling you away are the things that immediately follow. Holding up a Shine tome, he glares at the young son. "Are you stupid or something? We haven't hurt them. They hired us!"

"Wh-what?" The father says, holding Romulus back from another assault, "they... I told them to wait for us to arrive. W-we were worried sick when they didn't show in town... You mean they'd just left to take care of Nail's group themselves?"

>A. Yep
>B. Coming back, actually
>C. Lyeim and Tobias are here too
>D. Write-in response
>E. Be silent
>>
>>43797532
>A. Yep
>>
>>43797532
>A. Yep
>C. Lyeim and Tobias are here too
>>
>>43797592
>>43797612
"Yep," you say, "few days ago, actually. We were on our way back just now."

"Oh... So you succeeded?" Stefyn asks (ah, yes, that was their father's name, you remember).

"Yes again. Tobias is actually in the camp, and... We're with Marrius' Group, if that tells you anything."

"So that's where Lyeim went!" Stefyn exclaims. "Eyven just... Said he was filling in for a friend while she went on a mission, that Lyeim was on that one, but... Didn't tell us what."

"Lazy bastard could've saved us so much damn stress," Romulus growls. "Father, Rema and Colleen need to see consequences for this."

"Uh, Romulus, I'd just... Like to see your siblings. I'm not gonna get mad at them for this."

>A. They'll be in town by tomorrow. Meet them there.
>B. Go and get them
>C. Have Ansi go and get them
>D. Write-in response
>>
>>43797783
>B. Go and get them
>>
>>43797824
"Alright, they should still be awake. C'mon, let's find them."

Stefyn nods, introducing himself, "I'm... Stefyn, by the way. Thanks for helping my daughters out, it... Means a lot to know they're okay."

"Name's Lloyd, and the charming fellow your son's hitting it off with is Ansi."

"Sorry about Romulus," Stefyn says, "he's... Proud."

"I can tell."

"Holy shit, dad?!" The half-garou's ears must've picked up on the commotion, as the four of them are all quick to approach, Tobias less so than the others.

"Dad, I'm... Sorry about going over your head like this! I know we were supposed to wait for you and Romulus, but I still-"

"Bull SHIT, 'you still,' Colleen," Rema interrupts her sister, "I was the one responsible for every part of this plan except two: remembering Lyeim works for a mercenary company, and saving our asses."

"Rema-" Lyeim starts.

"It was her idea that she and Lloyd turn the Groznyi against Nail!" She offhandedly adds. "He's, uh, dead now, but..." Her voice perks up again, "Colleen deserves nothing but praise for how she carried herself when I dragged her into this!"

>A. Attest to Colleen's cleverness
>B. It didn't quite happen like that
>C. Tell Rema her dad isn't mad
>D. Be silent
>E. Write-in response
>>
>>43798002
>C. Tell Rema her dad isn't mad
>>
>>43798035
"Your dad already said he's not mad at you, Rema," you explain, "just happy you're all alright."

Romulus groans. "Not that I agree, but I'm not the father here." He walks towards Tobias. "What were you thinking?! You know the sorts uncle Vaga would couple with, and you just..."

"Hey, thought he'd appreciate that we were family," Tobias says, scratching behind his own ear, "guess I was wrong on that one."

"Regardless," Romulus says, "what's become of Nail now?"

Colleen frowns. "We... Had to turn the Groznyi against him, and he... Didn't survive."

Stefyn frowns. "That's... Sad. I wish I'd have known him, maybe talked to him, but... You're all safe now, which is what really matters."

Stefyn and Romulus ended up spending the evening with the rest of Marrius' Group's members, primarily enjoying their time with their family.

>A. Talk to someone (specify)
>B. Arrive at Elza Oasis
>>
>>43798265
B
>>
>>43798462
It's really not you or Irene or Leigh or Ansi's deal to interfere in, and you all do little more of note until arrival in Elza Oasis, and shortly after Marrius' Group's headquarters.

The same snow-covered stand is still being manned by Eyven when you enter.

"Hey."

Irene responds, "hey, Eyven."

"How'd the mission go?"

"Good. How's this place been?"

"Alright, mostly. Small jobs all in town have been taken here and there."

Irene nods. "Well, thank you for your time. We... Had a bit of a hiccup and were too hurt headed back into town, and Marrius has business in Malva, so... Thanks for covering for the past few days."

"Not a prob. I didn't need to move a muscle," Eyven says as he chuckles.

A bit more friendly banter with Irene, and he warps himself away with a cursory "hey" to the rest of you.

The next day is eventful, even without getting a job.

What to highlight in particular, though... Surely you can remember all of it, but what to show first?

>A. You spent some time as Irene's assistant
>B. A new member to the group joined!
>C. You hung out with... (specify any Marrius' Group members)
>>
>>43798677
B
>>
File: BaelGBAIcon.gif (2 KB, 78x68) Image search: [Google]
BaelGBAIcon.gif
2 KB, 78x68
>>43798802
A few days before you headed out, you'd heard that a new member was joining the group.

"C'mon," Leigh tells you, "let's greet them!"

You're inclined to agree, feeling a bit bad that Irene's been eating up a lot of your free time, and do so.

Yulea is already speaking to the black-haired woman as she stands around outside. "Well, so... No hard feelings, right?"

"Grudges get you killed," the woman says, petting her bael, "what's a bit of depth perception you weren't even there for?"

Leigh looks abrasive. "Lloyd, is that..."

>A. Is that who
>B. (say a name)
>C. Write-in response
>D. Be silent
>>
>>43798906
>B. (Une)
>>
>>43799064
"Yep, no mistaking it," you say.

The woman turns to look at you, her right eye covered by hair. As she gets closer, you can make out the fabric of a patch just underneath.

"Une," you say to her, "it's... It's a..."

"What the hell are you doing here?!" Leigh responds.

"Well, between losing an eye and the reputation hit, both courtesy of Clint, I can't exactly find a bounty hunter to partner with anymore." She shakes her head. "Bastard killed my chances with the wise and the heroic... So basically, I'm an ordinary sellsword now."

"And you chose to work HERE?!" Leigh responds with anger. "After you tried to kill Lloyd..."

Yulea watches all of this with a clearly-uncomfortable smile from just a bit away, leading her Bael towards the place where horses and wyverns and the like are kept.

Une responds, "yeah, figured I might as well. You guys treat your members pretty alright, so taking a steady supply of jobs and being smart with the money I have as it is should let me and my baby baeley down there keep living like we always have." She sighs. "Hot as balls out in the desert, though."

>A. "Tell me about it. We're from Tordo."
>B. It's all in the past
>C. This is gonna be weird
>D. She almost fucking killed Leigh!
>E. Is Ansi pissed at her?
>F. Write-in
>>
>>43799162
>>
>>43799162
>E. Is Ansi pissed at her?
>>
>>43799234
>>43799271
"Well, I'm sorry we're not really all that comfortable with just... Accepting that you're our coworker now. Leigh would've died without her Miracle Sword thanks to you, and you lost that eye almost killing Ansi."

"Acknowledged," Une says, drawing a flask from her hip and downing it. With her good eye, she blinks. "What?"

Leigh responds. "It's... The day is still young."

Une caps the flask and waves it around. "And it hurts like hell to lose an eye. This makes it bearable." She fastens it back onto her hip.

"Well, I know Ansi's gotta be pissed about this," you say, changing the subject.

She shrugs. "No, he gets it, I think. Besides, all his emotional capacity's flowing right into his hips in the shape of a... What was that knight girl's name he met a couple weeks ago? Jolene?"

"Jolie," Yancy responds from behind you all. You and Leigh jump a bit at the sound of her speaking. "Who's this now?"

>A. Let Une introduce herself
>B. You and Leigh are going back inside
>C. A lot of trouble
>D. An acquaintance of Ansi's
>E. Write-in response
>>
>>43799335
>C. A lot of trouble
>D. An acquaintance of Ansi's
>>
>>43799424
"An old friend of Ansi's and everything that entails," you explain to Yancy.

"I see," Yancy says, shooting her a suspicious look.

Une introduces herself anyway, offering a hand. "Name's Une. Bael riding bounty hunter... Least, until recently. I... Take it I'll be rooming with you?"

"Er, no," Yancy says, "I'm with Yulea! I mean I'm not... WITH Yulea, but... She's my roommate, and-"

"Uh huh, it was a joke anyway."

Leigh frowns very visibly as Une shows herself into the building.

Yancy notices this, turning to you and scoffing. "What's got her so steamed?"

>A. Une tried to kill me
>B. Une almost killed her
>C. Leigh loves her grudges
>D. Write-in response
>E. Be silent
>>
>>43799524
>A. Une tried to kill me
>B. Une almost killed her
>>
>>43799556
"We met her back in Tarvos Valley. Long story short, she was working for this guy in a weird hat, Ansi had a history in the valley, and she ended up trying to kill me. Leigh only survived sacrificing herself for me because of her sword."

Yancy looks taken aback. "And Irene let her in?!" She groans. "I mean, I don't like her much as it is, but this is... Not what Marrius means by giving people a chance!"

"You should've heard the way Une was talking before you showed up," Leigh complains, "she's clearly got enough money without inviting herself into our group. She just... Wants to be able to keep throwing it around."

Yancy and Leigh share mutual looks of displeasure.

>A. Say something more
>B. Show studying under Irene (about teleporting)
>C. Show studying under Irene (about enchantments)
>D. Show studying under Irene (about curses)
>E. Spend time with somebody (specify)
>F. Write-in action
>>
>>43799625
>A
>>
>>43799737
Er... Specify if you're choosing that. I thought that was self-explanatory, so sorry for the miscommunication.
>>
>>43799754
Fug, posting from mobile, wet screen shenanigans.

Meant to hit >D
>>
>>43799625
>C. Show studying under Irene (about enchantments)
>>
>>43799625
>D. Show studying under Irene (about curses)
>>
>>43799827
>>43799795
>>43799910
"Curses," Irene says, "are very... Odd, very powerful things."

"I gathered."

She nods. "Depending on the essence of the user, they can be placed upon a single person, a bloodline, an entire region... Just over 30 years ago, in fact, the former Empress of Dain, Alexia, and her son Lars placed an odd sort of curse on everyone born in Tarvos Valley, to grow ill whenever they neared a necromancer."

"Why would they do that? It seems... Pointlessly specific."

"We believe she was... Compulsed, to some extent, by the nameless advisor, a figure who we only know to have... Existed in Dain's court, and have been an exceptionally powerful Necromancer capable of controlling or switching bodies with those who have also had some amount of the training. They could have undone it any time by visiting Tarvos Valley, but the curse vanished when Prince Lars perished."

"Anyway, this goes onto a similar subject! Enchantments also take greater and greater effort to use the bigger the target. Unlike curses, though, they only work on inanimate objects, such as a sword, or a pendant, or a ring. Enchanted rings to repel curses exist, for example. A great deal of them were made for Tarvosians during the war. Enchantments can have all sorts of applications, and for now, I'd since I've demonstrated how it's done, I'd like you to try to apply one to one of these empty rings. See, rings are perfect targets for enchantments because they're small, easy to wear or hide..."

After demonstrating by enchanting one to ease the wearer's stress, the one opposite it lies empty, ripe for whatever you might do.

>A. Write-in idea (the bigger the idea, the harder it'll be to succeed)
>B. Resistance enchantment
>C. Luck enchantment
>D. Cooling enchantment
>E. A nice little message! (specify)
>F. You got nothing
>>
>>43800072
>D. Cooling enchantment
Perfect for desert weather!
>>
>>43800072
>D

Ice ice, baby.
>>
>>43800102
>>43800216
"After years of getting clothes enchanted for warmth, I'm starting to miss the snow and cold," you explain as you take a moment, holding your hands over the ring.

"So a cooling enchantment? That's... Why didn't I think of that?"

You chuckle. "Most Southerners don't. Tordo settlers swear by temperature enchantments, though. Enchanters doing that and that alone are in demand in every settlement."

"Right, right... These are really cheap rings, too." She taps her chin a bit before picking up some hot beverage from a table and downing it in one gulp. "Maybe I should issue something like that to everyone? I'd need to spend some late nights taking care of getting everyone in the Group one, but... After that, it's just a matter of doing one per newcomer. I'm... Pretty sure it's far from out of our budget..."

>A. Sounds like a plan
>B. Not worth making standard-issue
>C. Offer to help her enchant them all
>D. Write-in response
>E. Just keep silently enchanting
>>
>>43800242
>>
>>43800242
>>
File: FatesWitchPortrait.png (206 KB, 382x432) Image search: [Google]
FatesWitchPortrait.png
206 KB, 382x432
>>43800265
>>43800299
"Well, what's an assistant for?" You ask.

"You're saying you'll help?" Irene responds with a grin. "That would be a massive load off my back, but... It takes a bit of time. We still have no idea how Lady Katina and Sir Bolse created so many Curse Rings alone in a single night, beyond 'they're really good at what they do.'"

"Yeah, and you're pretty much the backbone of this group. Remember the part where you specifically said I'd be working under you for assorted magical duties, Irene?"

"You're right... Still, I'm very pleased to hear that. You're really taking this position seriously already!"

By now, you've finished up the Cooling ring, pocketing it. You put it on whenever you leave the barrier and its weather regulating effects.

>A. Of course you're serious
>B. You're happy to work with her
>C. Anything for her
>D. Write-in response
>E. Nod silently
>>
>>43800242
>C
>>
>>43800462
>>
>>43800462
>C
>>
>>43800462
>>
>>43800462
>B
>>
>>43800494
>>43800528
>>43800537
"Happy to have this opportunity," you respond.

"Yes, I can tell..." Irene sighs. "You have a lot of potential, Lloyd. Even beyond that of a sellsword. This point in your life is just another hurdle, though one I'm very glad you've encountered so you might be helped across."

"You're flattering me," you say to Irene.

"I like to be kind to people, try to bring out the best in them," Irene explains, "and I feel like I've found a kindred spirit in you, you know?"

"I guess."

Irene frowns. "Do you mind if this conversation becomes a bit... personal?"

"Sure, go ahead," you say without really thinking.

"...why doesn't Yancy like me, do you think?"

>A. Maybe she's jealous of you
>B. She seems like that sort of person
>C. You haven't a clue
>D. Some kids are taught that's a sign of affection (joke)
>E. Why does she care
>F. Write-in response
>>
>>43800668
>D. Some kids are taught that's a sign of affection (joke)
>>
>>43800668
>C. You haven't a clue
>>
>>43800765
>>43800830
"Maybe that's her way of saying she likes you?" You joke.

She laughs a bit. "I'm hardly her type, Lloyd. Why, you think we'd suit each other?"

You share a bit more of a laugh before continuing, "I have no idea, though."

"Again, you've given me an idea, though," Irene says, "about... Her motivations. My idea's a bit... Personal, though, so I won't share it."

>A. Fair enough
>B. Suggest what you think she thinks (specify)
>C. You can keep a secret
>D. Come on, tell you
>E. Write-in response
>>
>>43800907
>A. Fair enough
>>
>>43800907
>>
>>43800907
>>
>>43800963
>>43801003
"I can keep a secret," you promise, curious for what conclusion she's drawn.

"I know, Lloyd, but... It's still something I'm worried to divulge, let alone without actually knowing the truth of it."

You sigh. "Alright, then. Best of luck getting along with her now."

She nods, smiling a bit. "Thank you, Lloyd."

The next couple days go rather swimmingly, despite the... Rather rocky time getting used to Une being present, and that you're pretty tired and busy a lot due to spending so much time with Irene.

Eventually, yet another job worth note (read: you're sent on it) is offered to the company.

>A. Show spending time with someone beforehand (specify who, topic preferred but not required)
>B. Get on with it.
>>
>>43801041
>B. Get on with it.

Let's get this show on the road!
>>
>>43801041
>A. Show spending time with someone beforehand (specify who, topic preferred but not required)
How's Leigh doing. Still uncomfortable with Une around?
Also if we have any spare cooling rings, give her one without specifying what it's for first.
>>
>>43801093
>>43801100
You take some time to spend with Leigh the morning before. You'd entertained the possibility of giving her a cooling ring without explaining what it was first, even joked about it with Irene one night, but she'd already started handing them out that morning. "How are you, babe?"

She's already wearing hers around. "How I've missed being chilly."

"Won't be as cold in the desert, just... Tolerable. Speaking of, though, how's being around Une been?"

"She's... Stayed out of my way. Ansi's warned me that it's best that way, and that I really shouldn't provoke her, so I'm behaving. How're your lessons with Irene?"

"Great, actually! I've barely slept, but I've learned a lot about coffee... And, er, magic of course. I actually enchanted a good amount of those now standard-issue rings."

Leigh is impressed, and you share breakfast. She comments on how you've taken to consuming caffeinated substances, a habit which you blame on Irene.

The clients are those friendly merchants, Tomnus and Kneil!

"Ah, so this is the establishment that saved our gala from an embarrassing smugglers' conspiracy," Tomnus muses.

"Where is that hero boy?" Kneil says, adding in a singsongy tone, "oh, Yone~."

>A. Being an idiot somewhere
>B. You'll get him (tell Yone matter-of-factly)
>C. You'll get him ("There's an admirer at the entrance!")
>D. Hell if you know
>E. Write-in response
>>
>>43801231
>C. You'll get him ("There's an admirer at the entrance!")
>>
>>43801315
"I'll bring him here for you. We room together, actually!"

"Very kind of you, stranger!"

With that, you show yourself to your quarters, inviting yourself in. "Good news, Yone!"

"Hmm?" He says, cleaning off a Mend staff.

"You've an admirer, said they wished to meet you in the entrance area," you tease.

"Wh-what..? No way... You're trying to trick me again."

"I mean it!" You take a moment to recall Kneil's features, taking on a longing and poetic tone of voice. "Red hair, beautiful features, a singsongy voice that just makes the heart soar... Called for you in particular, Yone."

"You're... Telling the truth, aren't you!" Excitedly, Yone hurries off to meet Kneil.

Nothing you said to either was untrue, technically, you say as you snicker to yourself.

Noticing you nearby, Calof asks, "what's so funny, man? Why was Yone so excited?"

>A. He'll see
>B. Tell him everything
>C. Tomnus and Kneil want something
>D. Write-in
>E. Be silent
>>
>>43801477
>A. He'll see
>>
>>43801477
>A. He'll see
>>
>>43801499
>>43801573
"You'll see," you explain with amusement.

Calof rolls his eyes. "Just don't let whatever happened be too cruel..."

"It's not, don't worry. Technically not even false."

You and Calof show yourselves to the entrance hall from there, seeing the misunderstanding unfold... A bit differently from expected.

"Ah, your admiration warms my heart, Yone, but... My heart belongs to adventure, my place by the side of Tomnus!" Kneil dances around slightly as he speaks.

Yone's expression is blank, and Tomnus explains, "ah, but enough of trifles of the heart... You see, Yone, Calof, Yone and Calof's friend, and dearest Irene... Kneil and I come with a request, a job."

"What would that be, then?" Irene asks.

"You see, my father, the legendary Nadiel, has perfected a charm that allows its wearers to drink seawater with zero ill effect. Naturally, the islanders and sailors of Ulir very dearly want for things enchanted with this, and have ordered a massive shipment!"

You remember this "Nadiel" from one of Irene's lessons on enchanting. He's one of the greatest enchanters alive, apparently, and works out of a village in Neir with his wife, Lara. Their skills are often in high demand, and by all reports they're incredibly decent people.

"So, with a shipment of a very wide number of enchanted assorted items, accessories, cups, we plan on selling to some very interested buyers in the archipelago," Kneil adds, "but alas... We anticipate trouble."

"Pirates, in recent years, have begun to resurface after decades since the fall of the Dory trade dynasty! The ship we've hired to deliver these things specifically recommended your company, and we've certainly had luck with you in the past," Tomnus finishes. "The protection of a trusted company like that of Marrius would be most admired!"

>A. Be silent
>B. Sounds like an adventure
>C. Sounds unpleasant
>D. "Dory?"
>E. Write-in response
>>
>>43801737
>D. "Dory?"
>>
>>43801737
>D. "Dory?"
>>
>>43801781
>>43801836
"Wait, a Dory? I'm from way up North, so... Ulir is the opposite of my area of expertise."

Calof and Irene both open their mouths to explain, Yone sharing your confused look and having whispered something similar to her, but Tomnus interrupts them both, "ah, then allow me to exposit! For generations, man was too fearful to travel far beyond this continent, due to the pirates and thugs hired out by the trade dynasty of the Dory family. After the warrior Durvan's actions, however, they were reduced drastically in... Every manner that counts."

"But the daughter of the daughter of their patriarch," Kneil says, "which is to say... Dolores Dory bore a daughter some 20something years ago, raised her on stories of Captain Arvo and Ernest Dory and all that... This daughter, Helena Dory, seeks to restore her family name to its former infamy, and has begun to terrorize the seas with like-minded sea scum!"

Tomnus adds, "it is... Not a sure thing that we will be attacked, but the protection of trusted mates would be very nice anyway."

Naturally, Yone and Calof are selected. Yancy, Yulea, Leigh, and yourself as well. Irene says she'll write to Marrius, see if he can't meet everyone in Ulir when he's done in Ennas.

>To be continued next thread
Figured this was a good cut-off point, since "being back in Elza" took more time than expected.

Thanks for playing, as always. Update Twitter and ask.fm are both qmgrandflocto, and I'll be around.
>>
>>43801985
Shit, forgot to mention that Une came along. I knew I'd left something out.
>>
>>43802001
I'd also thought to add Ansi, Lyeim, and Gonzo, but in the former case he's gotten so much play already, and in the latter two the roster is already pretty big as it is without a couple tertiary characters who I'd end up not doing much with.
>>
>>43801985
Thanks for running. I think this is a good group. So is Helena Dory Ellen's cousin?
>>
>>43802224
Where have you heard the name Dolores Dory before? Might take a bit of remembering in Gen. 1.
>>
>>43802239
Oh wait she's Coneria's sister right? So that makes Helena Ellen's (half?) sister?
>>
>>43802292
Yep. Don't plan on it being relevant to anything, though. Ellen is on record as not caring about her asshole pirate family in the slightest (though she definitely warmed up to Corneria/Katina/Bolse, the former was out of that life before she was conceived), after all.
>>
>>43802310
Just thought it was cool. Looking forward to meeting the asshole pirate family since I don't think we saw them much in the last quest.
>>
>>43802325
Dolores herself didn't actually appear at all, funnily enough. Thought it was fitting for Ellen's stance on the whole matter, so I just added the footnote of what Corneria found out for her own sake (the "recaptured and brainwashed into regretting her actions, still never told anyone about Ellen or where Ellen-as-in-Corneria's-Birthname went").

Patriarch's dead (either old age or executed after the war), and the mom's old and retired now.

Helena, though, I thoroughly expect to be a time and a half.
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.