[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>you will never be a loyal slave serving the astartes warrior
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 9
>you will never be a loyal slave serving the astartes warrior gods onboard a strike cruiser or a battle barge

Why even live?
>>
>>43795333
I think that the status of the normal people aboard Space Marine ships and planets should be expanded upon.

Like the Iron Hands just use servitors, the Black Templars have zealot slaves, the Ultramarines have a mix of servitors/guardsmen with some sort of Ultramar flare.

Fuck, now I want a Roman/Byzantine themed Guardsmen army as the garrison of Ultramar.
>>
>>43795535
I'm currently rereading the Night Lords Omnibus and the segments describing the everyday life of the slaves on the Covenant are just pure crack.
>>
>>43795614
Yeah, but that's a Night Lords ship, ain't it?

Can't imagine it'd be too great.
>>
>>43795333

I think you are one of those people that has a fetish for being submissive and shit.

I think it's wrong that you are trying to make 40k your Magical Realm.

But hey, you can aways find some beefcake guy in a gay bar, and offer him $100 to dominate you and let you call him Marneus Calgar.
>>
File: 1443320793248.png (3 MB, 1528x1080) Image search: [Google]
1443320793248.png
3 MB, 1528x1080
I wonder what it would be like for a regular human to sit next to a space marine as a ship goes through the warp. Would you feel protected from the Marine because you know he would protect you if a demon shows up or scared because if he sees the slightest bit of corruption he'd kill you?

>mfw I get to snuggle up to an ultrasmurf as we ride through the warp together
>>
>>43795756
40k seriously needs more and better human/space marine interaction.

Like the kind emphasizing the gulf without having it be a human never being able to understand autistic space soldier.
>>
>end up as a serf to the Flesh Tearers or worse, the Marines Malevolent
Probably not the best outcome.
>>
>>43795665
No, but it stimulates the imagination.
>>
>>43795792

I quite enjoyed the parts of the Horus Heresy books where the remembrancers meet the Marines in their off-time.

>the remembrancer girl blatantly getting wet over seeing these giant, buff maroons.
>>
>>43795792
Several books do that, sometimes you see dark angels/ultramarines/space wolves interacting with humans without going full "you no understand me only loves emperor"
>>
>>43795756
If he starts seeing corruption I'm dead anyway. At least I can trust him to do it quickly.
>>
>>43795792
It has a bit of this in Legion of the Damned and in Rynn's World.

Some of the story follows the serfs in both cases.

Both chapters followed are Dorn chapters so maybe its just Dorn chapters that treat their serfs not too bad.

In Rynn's World the Chapter Master does genuinely have trouble accepting that the head scribe is dead and it is actually quite sad.
>>
>>43795896
Apart from the soul derpers. But they are so retarded in every way that they're not even worth considering.
>>
> Why did you spare the Astartes? Why me?
> Sister Isadora asked as the Noise Marine pulled his slender blade-tentacle out of the dead Blood Angel's eye.
> The Noise Marine edged closer, the tentacle like apendages sprouting from his right forearm willing and dripping foul acid into the floor
> His oversized face pressed close to hers, and she felt as the vile heretic sucked in the air through his grafted vox unit. Smelling her.
> The heretic let out a sound of ecstasy. He trembled, then composed himself.
> "I'll tell you why my dear. But only because you smell so... holy. It gives me a nice headache."
> He raised his arm so his tentacles caressed his bald, scarred head.
> "My... misguided loyalist brothers. They don't break, you see. No matter how much you put them through. No matter how many wonderful tortures and pleasures you provide for them."
> He ran his tentacles down his face and his neck into his chest-plate.
> "No. They resist it you see. I'd go as far as say it even motivates them. Another pain they must suffer for the corpse emperor. Another slight they must endure for the glory of the gene-father..."
> The Noise Marine circled the corpse of the dead blood angel
> Crouching, he touched the split helm of the dead marine.
> "I'd go even as far as say that it motivates them. That they look forward to it. Yes. No matter what you do to them my dear, they won't embrace their pains and give in to their secret desires. Whatever you do... it fuels their fury, their will.. it makes them stronger."
> The tentacles grasped the dead marine's faceplate
> "As as much as that feeling... tempts me... it is frustrating. The risk... the delicious risk we cannot undertake... of having them break free and destroy our other pleasures... that we cannot suffer, tempting as it is. The tease of the tease...I... I"
>>
>>43795999

> He stood, trembling again, before recomposing himself.
> "Yes, we privy ourselves to that pleasure. But you my dear..."
> He ran a heavy bloated finger through her hair. A thin and slender tongue shot out from the grates in his vox unit.
> "You break. You scream. You cry. You beg. You give us more than these wonderful teases that our loyalist brothers provide. And in the end... you enjoy it. And you cry and beg for more, even as your flesh melts and your eyes bursts and your every orifice, natural or created, is filled in ecstasy."
> His slender tongue flicked across her lips, smearing acid spittle on her face. Sister Isadora screamed.
> "This is why I spare the Astartes."
>>
>>43795792

Every human/space marine interections done in the book ends in one of three ways.

1) The human (usually female) will be amazed by the Space Marine and feel excited by him, although the Marine will be oblivious to it (See Loken and his remembrancer, Kharn and the captain of Angron's ship, many others.)

2) The human will be amazed somehow by the Space Marine, or will feel afraid/insecure near him, even if it's a low rank Space Marine talking to a high-ranking human officer. The Space Marine will give a suggestion and the human will stop whatever plan he/she already had going and second guess himself.

3) The Marine will treat the human with respect and the two will speak in mutual terms even if other Marines may berate the human.
>>
File: 1440551516889.jpg (418 KB, 3000x2400) Image search: [Google]
1440551516889.jpg
418 KB, 3000x2400
>>43795792
>In the Ultramarine ship, Blue Furry, a small boy sits next to a giant blue Ultramarine.
>In the aftermath of retaking a planet from the xenos who held it, the boy lost his parents.
>Sergent Capuare, the marine who rescued the boy, silently holds him in his lap as they prepare for transition into the warp.
>The boys eyes are red and his face is puffy from tears. He sniffs every once in a while, still going over how is family is dead.
>The engines start and the gellar fields turn on. The boy tenses in the Capuare's lap. The massive ultramarine, who isn't used to dealing with humans, not to mention human children.
>The boy looks up at Capuare's massive body. From his point of view, he could only see the very tip of Capuare's golden hair. The rest is blocked by his breast plate and purity seals.
> The boy sniffs a couple of times. "What is happening?"
>Capuare is silent for a second, choosing his words wisely. His voice seems cold, emotionless "We are entering the warp."
>"What is the warp?"
>Capuare is silent for a second. He didn't want to tell the boy about any sort of demons or the like. His pure fragile and innocent, weak against the corrupting powers of chaos.
>"A way for us to travel across the Galaxy in a short amount of time. The light of the Astronomican and the Golden Throne guides us through this terrible place."
>"What is in the warp?"
>"Bad things." Says Capuare in a stern voice, quickly overpoweing the young boy's weak one.
>"Are they like the big aleins?"
>"They are worse."
>The boy begins to sniff a bit. He's on the verge of crying. "But I don't want to go through the place with the bad things." Tears begin to roll down his eyes.
>Capuare looks down, trying to think quickly. No amount of combat and stress training could prepare any human on how to deal with a crying child.
>Scolding him will just make it worse and being silent is just as bad.
>>
Salamander ship crews are well trained and loyal for the right reasons. They also maintain a non astarte defence force on each ship, and certain positions (brander priest) may even hold a certain authority/wisdom over many of their astartes
>>
>>43796091
In Legion of the Damned the head of the police didn't have time for offworlder crap and ceremony. The Scourge took an instant liking to him.

In Emperor's Finest Cain makes friends with a Tech-marine based on their mutual love of hitting things with swords.

In Wolf's Honour the general lady was really sick of Space Wolf attitude. The feeling was mutual.

In Rynn's World the grumpy captain shows nothing but contempt for base-line humanity. After their fortress monastery gets nuked and the vast majority of the chapter exterminated he orders that no astartes is to risk their life in defense of lesser human life. He then dies to save human lives.

In the Tome of Fire trilogy the serfs are only subservient to their particular marine and can tell the other marines to go fuck themselves but not in those exact words.
>>
>>43796246
>In Rynn's World the grumpy captain shows nothing but contempt for base-line humanity. After their fortress monastery gets nuked and the vast majority of the chapter exterminated he orders that no astartes is to risk their life in defense of lesser human life. He then dies to save human lives.
I didn't quite understand the scene after that, where his second in command destroys the gift he received from the humans he used to respect (or something like that, read it a long time ago). Was that supposed to mean that he was regretting his old beliefs?
>>
File: 1443476258167.gif (2 MB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
1443476258167.gif
2 MB, 300x169
>>43796164
>Blue Furry
>>
File: 1443318970937.png (936 KB, 1600x1000) Image search: [Google]
1443318970937.png
936 KB, 1600x1000
>>43796164
>Reaching into Capuare's dormant human instincts, he let's his human parental feelings kick in.
>His massive gauntlet moves down and with the easiest touch, he would wipe away a falling tear from the boy's face.
>"Do not worry. The Emperor will protect us from the bad things. You only need to have faith in him."
>"Will he make the bad things go away?"
>"He will destroy them."
>"O-ok..." The boy loosens himself as he seems to calm down.
>Capuare rolls his massive gauntlet over the boy's body, holding him closer to him in a protective grasp.
>The boy puts his arm around the gauntlet, holding it. He snuggles it, almost like a pillow.
>Ten minutes later, with the tiniest of movements, Capuare moves his head forward, looking down at the quiet boy.
>They had already entered the warp by now.... Perhaps he was just scared?
>Instead, Capuare sees the boy sleeping over his hand, a small smile on his face.
>Capuare, sighs and closes his hand around the boy. He looks out, hearing the ship bucke a couple of times as it sails across the warp's currents.
>With the wraith of a father, he says. "By Terra's light... I will protect you."
>>
>>43796360
I'm terrible at making up names.
>>
>>43796164
I want that fucking plushie
>>
>>43795665
Depends a bit who you are. Bridge officers and such are slaves but live a lot better than the chaff in the engine rooms. Although the ship is completely pitch black so there's that.
>>
>>43796016
SAUCE
>>
>>43796091

I keep seeing this idea on /tg/ that Lotara (the CO of the Conqueror) having the hots for Kharn, but there is absolutely zero evidence for it in the book.
>>
>>43796091
>Loken and his remembrancer

Nah, she thinks Loken's cute and it's a shame they turned him into a human horse.

>Kharn and the captain of Angron's ship

Nothing beyond mutual respect.
>>
File: 1442031791838.jpg (274 KB, 426x1869) Image search: [Google]
1442031791838.jpg
274 KB, 426x1869
>>
>>43795682
> oh chapter master, purge my anus of heretics with your hot gooey plasma cannon!
>>
>>43797053

She think Loken is huge and beefcake and then when asked about how he was like she responds that he was "huge in every sense of the word""

Given that he was naked, she was talking about his dick.

>>43796971

Everyone has the fucking hots for Kharn, did you see the oficial art portraying his face? He is Solid Snake meets Khal Drogo. The man IS good-looking.

And it's a "read between the line thing". Lotara often wants Kharn by her side as shit hits the fan, Kharn is always sneakly standing by as Lotara is struggling with something only to offer her advice and smile when the figures it out. Lotara looks up to Kharn in distress, Kharn hopes Lotara is ok when he hears that the Conqueror has been boarded. etc.

She is attracted to him because from her POV she compliments him way too much. From his POV he is oblivious to it since the only person he is capable of forming a bond is with Angron and that World Bearer dude who is his best friend.

Even this same World Bearer dude explains to Kharn that what he feels for his blind seer is alike to what Kharn and Lotara have going on, to which Kharn is confused.
>>
>>43796360
Is he teasing that dog with chocolate?
>>
>>43797772
So, were Kharn and Argel Tal butt buddies?
>>
>>43798100

No.

What I meant is that the only person Kharn is capable of forming a friendship with is Argel Tal, and Angron, whom Kharn pitties. Everything and everyone else is alien to him. Argel Tal is the only person Kharn mourns after he dies at the hands of Erebus, everyone else, including his squadmates, he only displays indifference.

He can't connect with Lotara the same way Argel Tal can connect with that blind seer girl. The interest is there on both parts, Kharn is incapable of even knowing it's there.
>>
>>43796971

It mostly comes from 3 separate incidents displayed on two books.

1) In the Audiobook were the World Eaters are pursuing a Dark Eldar craft, Angron is going berserk in the control hub of the ship, Lotara is quite distressed (as in "Oh god, I am going to die here) and the first person she turns to is Kharn. Even Angron remarks "STOP TURNING TO KHARN EVERYTHING YOU MAKE A MISTAKE" or something that indicates she turned to him more than once

2) That same book, when Lotara is given the option of finding the Eldar or losing her head. She orders everyone out of the hub, even the guy that does care for her, except Kharn, who is standing silent in the shadows. Their conversation indicates they have some kind of intimacy that is a bit over the border of mutal friendship, given how they freely speak with one another and how Lotara teases Kharn saying she already came up with a suicidal plan, to which he smiles. This scene is described from her POV, and there a bit she goes on length describing Kharn's face and his eyes and how it is the only part of his body that has no scars, etc.

3) Into the "Betrayer" book, she often wonders about Kharn's well being as well as sanity when she should be doing other things "like avoiding the Ultramarines invading the ship". She also goes as far as predicting how Kharn will act several times, indicating she does know him too well for mutal respect (in all stances, Kharn ends up doing exactly what she says he will, like raiding the World Eaters throphy room for Mica Dragon's teeth to repair Gorechild). She also is very bold to him when asking questions a human shouldn't ask an Astartes (is your primarch getting more insane by the day? etc.) because she knows he won't hurt her. He also thinks back to her a lot.
>>
>>43798417
>>43797772

Valid answers! I'd not noticed those before. Thanks, guys.
>>
>>43796360
It was gifted from the Space Wolves.
>>
>>43795333
Because chances are good you'll live on one of the countless worlds that have never seen war and never will?
>>
>>43795682
>Be big burly guy
>implying my Ultramarine playing boyfriend hasn't done this
Weird coincidence /tg/
>>
>>43795878
>You are being corrupted. I am sorry, but there is no hope for you. I'm going to have to purge you to save the ship.
>I promise it won't hurt. I am sure the Emperor's Light shall still protect you
>>
>>43797772
are you in possession of said official pic of Kharn, anon? I'm curious now, and GIS is giving me nothing but Deviantart.
>>
>>43797069
It's official, I need to start reading the HH books.
>>
>>43797069
Even in the Grim Darkness of the far future, there is only W-aaaawwwwwwwwww.
>>
>>43799969
no
>>
File: 1444759804138.jpg (409 KB, 737x1600) Image search: [Google]
1444759804138.jpg
409 KB, 737x1600
>>
File: truly horrifying.jpg (44 KB, 320x241) Image search: [Google]
truly horrifying.jpg
44 KB, 320x241
>>43796861

>the ship is completely pitch black
>>
>>43796543
It's okay anon, we all do.

>>43797069
Adorable.
>>
>>43795333

There is no longer a need to feel inadequate. I have forsaken the false emperor, and spit on the pitiful fools of Chaos.

I now serve the Imperium Miloanum!
>>
>>43795333
I think you mean loyal Aelf serving Sigmar by wiping the sweat off his glistening brow as he reforges the flesh of man, woman, skeleton, Dwarf, and Orc into the Sigmarite bodies of the Stormcast Eternals.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.