[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Lost Island Quest 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 167
Thread images: 20
File: The Storm.jpg (971 KB, 1200x896) Image search: [Google]
The Storm.jpg
971 KB, 1200x896
Welcome to The Lost Island Quest. Last thread our hero, Alan Rodain, boarded a ship headed towards a strange new land with the intent to save his country from war. After meeting the colorful characters that make up his compatriots, he pushed his ability to learn skills quickly to the limit by aiding the sailors in guiding The Skipping Stone through a deadly storm that claimed the lives of three men before it subsided. Now, tired and weary, Alan heads to his cabin to sleep.
>>
>>43793787
You wake up the next morning to the sound of a sailor knocking on your door, signaling the wash basin has been left outside your door. Your muscles still feel sore from yesterday's exertions. You look around and see many of your personal belongings scattered about the room by the storm. You spend a few minutes tidying up before grabbing the wash basin and scrubbing yourself as clean as you can manage. You think about what you're going to do today. You don't have any ship duties, being a passenger, but there are a couple important things still on your mind. One, you still don't know the name of that archer. She's the last person in your crew you have yet to meet. Two, Dolah looked a little shaken up after watching those men go overboard. Maybe you should talk to her. Three, Kyra stole your money and you need to get it back.

>Meet the Archer
>Talk to Dolah
>Confront Kyra
>>
File: Old drunkard smiles.jpg (102 KB, 1033x827) Image search: [Google]
Old drunkard smiles.jpg
102 KB, 1033x827
>>43793787
Hello trick, glad to participate once more of your tale.

>Confront Kyra
>>
Writing!
>>
You decide it is time to deal with this situation. The longer you wait the more likely something will go wrong and you won't get your money back. You get dressed and head over to Kyra's room. Three knocks later and there she is in the doorway. She's dressed a lot simpler at the moment, without any of the knives or the armor. Her hair's wet too, so she's probably just washed off yesterday's grime as well. She gives you that impossible to read stare that you're accustomed to now. If she has any idea why you're here she's hiding it well. You decide it's best to be direct.

“Give me back my money.”

“Slow. A whole day before you noticed.”

“More like a minute.” Kyra scrunches her face in confusion after you say that. The first display of emotion you've seen from her. “I checked my pockets the second I realized I'd turned my back on a thief.”

“Why wait?”

“I had other things to do. And it isn't like you could have spent it.”

“I could have thrown it overboard.” Your eyes go wide. No, she couldn't have. Why? She would get nothing out of –

She sticks her hand out with your bag of gold. You inwardly laugh at yourself. She's just fucking with you. You grab it from her and open it up. There's a bunch of gold coins in there. You shake it a bit. Doesn't feel lighter than before, but . . . Paranoia starts to sink in again.

“You do know I have plenty of time to count this exactly, right?” She smiles and looks down as you say that. She reaches into her pocket and pulls out seven or eight coins and puts them in your hand.

“Smart.” It isn't paranoia when you're absolutely correct.

>Meet the Archer
>Talk to Dolah
>Ask Kyra how she managed to pull off stealing your coin purse
>Go see Captain Faraday
>>
>>43794108
>>Ask Kyra how she managed to pull off stealing your coin purse
>>
>>43794108
>>
>>43794108

>>Ask Kyra how she managed to pull off stealing your coin purse
>>
>>43794108
Perhaps also tell her something along the lines that we're her allies and that if she ever needs coins from us it's better to just ask rather than incur our wrath.
>>
>>43794201
Nah bro, we should just learn her thief skills, we will even pay her since she likes gold so much. Nobody know more about sneaking then a thief. Well maybe a ninja but we don't have those aboard.
>>
>>43794257
>we don't have those aboard.
How do you know? Perhaps it's a very good ninja.
>>
Writing!
>>
>>43794282
Oh you silly.
>>
“How'd you do it?” You get another quizzical look from her. “Grab it. You had three or four seconds at most. How'd you know where it was?”

“More than four seconds. Knew you all had money. Marked you when we boarded. Movement patterns, listened. Watched and waited. Decided on the gnome, easiest one. Gonna go for it near the endof the trip. But you showed up, things more interesting than me happened. Someone talked to you, best time to strike. Practice, really.”

Huh. So she spent all of yesterday watching and analyzing the rest of you.

“We're supposed to be allies. We're working together. Stealing from us seems detrimental the group as a whole.” She shrugs.

“What I do.”

>Ask her to teach you some of her skills
>Meet the Archer
>Talk to Dolah
>Go see Captain Faraday
>>
>>43794566
>>Ask her to teach you some of her skills

Check our pocket again it has already be four seconds. Just to make sure.
>>
>>43794566
>>
>>43794566

>>43794641
That, however, I find to be somewhat paranoid. We're facing her, and unless she brushes up towards us she has no chance of taking our coins again.
>>
Writing!
>>
>>43794702
But i'm paranoid anon. Besides there isn't a what do? or what you do? Option so it's okay.
>>
You can't deny that she's good at what she does. And a part of you does feel like there could be a benefit to her abilities that reaches farther than monetary gain. And even if you're wrong, in her own words: practice, really.

“Teach me how to do that.” Kyra gives you another look.

“What?”

“Teach me how to get a read on somebody and how to pick their pocket.”

“Can't just teach it. Need nimble fingers. Would take months of practice for what I can teach.”

“I'm a fast learner.” She looks at you seriously as a silence begins between you two.

“Okay. Why should I?”

“I forgive you for trying to rob me. And I don't tell Eve you've been planning to rob her.” She chuckles at that.

“Point taken. Discount lessons. 5 gold a day. Your fault if you waste your money. Deal?” She puts her hand forth for you to shake.

>Deal
>No Deal
>>
>>43794966
>>Deal
>>
>>43794966
>Deal
>>
Roll me 1d100 +10, best of 3
>>
Rolled 62 + 10 (1d100 + 10)

>>43795187
rollin
>>
Rolled 68 + 10 (1d100 + 10)

>>43795187
>>
Writing!
>>
File: derpa derp.gif (1 MB, 500x270) Image search: [Google]
derpa derp.gif
1 MB, 500x270
Rolled 52 + 10 (1d100 + 10)

>>43795187
>>
>>43795399
Quick question Op do you have a pastebin with all the other skills we learned until now?
>>
>>43795447
>>43795447
Not yet But here's a list for right now.

Ride +5
Appraise +5
Profession – Sailor +3
>>
>>43795481
Ah yes thank you. Didn't we learn swordmanship in outr time we spend with...was it Richard? Can't remember the guys name and i wa sin the thread yeasturday
>>
“Deal.” You shake her hand. A lull comes between you and you feel that itching paranoia sink into your skull. You dart your hand down to your pocket and check for your coin purse. It's there. Kyra laughs after you do this.

“Like I said, best time to strike is when the target is distracted. Listening, speaking, loud noise. Busy streets make for the best situations. You can brush right up next to someone and they won't even notice. Right now, you're focused on me and you know I'm a thief. You're watching my hands. Impossible for you not to notice. Important to look unimportant. Hands need to be quick, precise, no flourish. Come in, we'll get started.”

You spend most of that day trying to master becoming less clumsy with your hands. Trying to work the finesse into your fingers takes a lot of concentration at first. You spend hours with Kyra's back to you trying to grab a simple pouch from her side without her noticing. She taps you every time she says a mark would have seen you You only break when Dolah knocks on your door and asks that you be present for the impromptu service being held for the drowned sailors. Your companions and most of the crew gather on the top deck as Captain Faraday walks to the helm and gives a speech mourning his lost crew and thanking the rest of them for braving the perils of this journey for the good of The Republic. A bottle of whiskey is passed among the crew and is eventually drained and smashed in the honor of the deceased. The sailors return to their duties while Dolah holds a vigil on the deck for those that died.

>Hold the vigil with her
>Go back down and continue practicing
>>
>>43795775
>>
>>43795771
It was Renault and currently you are proficient with:

Medium Armor
Heavy Armor
Shields
Long Sword
Battle axe
Lance
>>
>>43795775

Trick Rolah is the Half-orc?
>>
>>43795930
Dolah is the half-orc member of your group, yes.
>>
>>43795775
>Hold the vigil with her
>>
Writing!
>>
>>43795946
Would you mind tell us what we know aboutt hen so far? My memory is worst then of a gold fish this days.?
>>
>>43795930
Why the fuck i wrote Rolah? God dammit!
>>
>>43796007
Archer
Not much. Not even her name.

Kyra
Thief, curly black hair. darker skinned.

Quissonce
Elf. Long silver hair,

Eve
Gnome. Golden compelxion, red hair, red eyes.

Dolah
Half-orc, member of the Church of the Great Will

Gabby
Long blonde hair, large. kiled her own father, very strong, chose this over going to jail
>>
You go back down below deck and continue working at the ability to manipulate your fingers. The days blend together as you work at pick pocketing. After you master taking the pouch off of Kyra without her “noticing”, you move on to getting faster at it. Then once you have that down, you practice doing it while walking and moving.

You spend hours talking about how to tell where a person keeps their valuables from the way they walk. Thankfully, due to your growing up as a merchant you can already tell how much something is worth with accuracy, so she doesn't need to teach you about how to notice when someone is wearing a gold ring versus a knockoff or how to tell when someone's clothes are well-made or cheap.

Later on you pull out a deck of cards and Kyra shows you how to do some simple magic tricks and you're able to spot when and where she's slipping a card up her sleeve or holding one in her palm. She shows you how to hide a dagger on your person where you can grab it quickly without it being noticeable. Under the sole of your boots, your legs, your thighs.

She then goes into the art of creating your own distraction. Bump into a person with your left shoulder while your right hand goes for their money. Get people looking at your face while you speak while your hands do something completely different. There's a lot that goes into setting up the moment where you strike.

Six days later and you've made a lot of progress. Kyra is very impressed with how little time its taken you to get where you are.

You've got two more weeks before you reach the island.

SKILL: Sleight of Hand + 5

-30 gold

>Meet the Archer
>Speak to Captain Faraday
>Learn something else from Kyra
>>
>>43796297
>Learn something else from Kyra

Sneaking.
>>
>>43796297
>Meet the Archer
>>
Roll me 1d100 +10
>>
Rolled 19 + 10 (1d100 + 10)

>>43796475
>>
Rolled 36 + 10 (1d100 + 10)

>>43796475
>>
Come on, we need one more roll.
>>
Rolled 67 + 10 (1d100 + 10)

>>43796475
>>
Writing!
>>
>>43796584
77, not bad.
>>
File: 3d100+10.png (43 KB, 1720x435) Image search: [Google]
3d100+10.png
43 KB, 1720x435
>>43796609
Hate to tell you, but average for best of 3d100+10 is 91...
>>
“I was wondering if you could mentor me on stealth as well.” Kyra shrugs.

“I'd say that wasn't something I could teach, but I've never seen someone learn how to pick pockets in one week. I have time to kill, you have money to lose. Sure.”

This skill takes a lot less communication between the two of you, which seems to be more pleasing to Kyra. There were definitely days in the week prior where she seemed fed up with talking so much, especially when she was usually saying “No, wrong. Do it again.” While you spend a couple hours or so talking about the theory of keeping quiet and some obvious What not to do's: don't wear noisy equipment, secure your belongings, step lightly, stick to shadows, use cover, you spend most of it moving around the ship. In the day you focus on remaining inconspicuous and at night you focus on actually trying to sneak up on the helmsman without him seeing you. He doesn't appreciate what you're doing that much.

You've spent two weeks with Kyra and while you'd call yourselves acquaintances at this point, you still don't know a lot about her. She doesn't speak of her personal life or her family or anything that would seem to be small talk. The only glimpses you get are the rare times she mentions something that happened on a job she worked that is relevant to your training.

>Try to get her to open up a little bit
>Things are comfortable where they are
>>
>>43796787
>Try to get her to open up a little bit
>>
Writing!
>>
“So, Kyra.” you start off while the two of you are prowling the ship late one night.

“Hmm.”

“What was your life like back in Ceril?” She finally turns to look at you and gives you a questioning stare.

“What?”

“Like, what'd you do?”

“Thievery. That was my job. Lets head back, sun's coming up.” The two of you start to head back to your rooms.

“What about when you weren't working? Spend time with your family? Friends?”

“No.”

“No friends.” She couldn't be stealing every second of her life.

“I had co-workers I'd drink with from time to time or play cards against. But that was always about business or swindling them out of their share of the loot.” So she had no friends.

“Did you have any hobbies though?”

“Hobbies?”

“Y'know, something you did for fun or to just pass the time.” You two have finally made it back to your rooms. You think she's going to enter hers and leave you without an answer. But as you turn your back on her to unlock your own room, she speaks up.

“Dance.” You look at her and its hard to tell but she seems to be . . . blushing. “For fun. I'd dance.” That is surprising to hear. “Don't tell anyone I said that.” She quickly opens her room steps in and closes it. You hear the door lock right after. Huh.

You have one week until you'll arrive on the island.

SKILL: Stealth +5

-35 gold

>Ask Kyra to teach you how to dance
>Meet the Archer
>Attend the magic show
>>
>>43797209
>>
>>43797209
>>Attend the magic show
>>
>>43797209
>>Meet the Archer
Guys we have one week left and we still haven't met her. Don't be an asshole.
>>
>>43797209
>Attend the magic show
>>
>>43797305
Fuck you I do what I want.
>>
>>43797209
>Meet the Archer
>>
>>43797262
>>43797323
Is this an actual magic show where we might be able to pick up spellcasting, or just an illusion and sleight of hand show, which we already picked up?
And we still need a week to pick up archery from the archer, assuming she'll teach us.
>>
>>43797209
>Attend the magic show
Fuck all of you, Magic > Bitches.
>>
Looks like we're going to the magic show! Writing!
>>
>>43797366
why are you so salty anon who might be samefagging?
>>
>>43797209
>>Meet the Archer
>>
>>43797366
She's a co-worker and someone who's going to be watching our back. Not introducing ourselves to her and essentially ignoring her for 3 weeks is really assholish.
>>
>>43797390
It seemed like everyone was getting heated up so I just joined in the fun. I really don't care either way.
>>
>>43797388
Can we really not lose an entire week just for a show that should wrap up in an hour?
>>
>>43797390
Not him but he's not wrong Magic > Bitches
>>
>>43797445
I didn't say you'd lose an entire week! It will only take an hour or two at most.
>>
>>43797494
Is this a magic show with actual spells, put on by Quissonce and Eve?

Is Quissonce still seasick?
>>
>>43797353
Don't know but since we picked som trick we will, problably, be able to see if it's or if it isn't.
>>
>>43797424
We will loose 1 week if we want to learn something anon. We can go meet her after we see if we have a true mage aboard our ship.
>>
>>43797473
This anon gets it.
>>
You've been hearing about this “magic show” for the past week now. Apparently Eve and Quissonce, the gnome and the elf, are planning to entertain the crew with “feats from the beyond” as their one, hand-made poster says. You aren't exactly busy and it might make a fun distraction for an hour or two. You and a large majority of the crew gather on the top deck in front of a large table and a couple of chairs. You also notice some of the others in your group in the crowd waiting for the show to start. Soon, Quissonce and Eve come out and talk to the crowd.

“Ladies and Gentlemen!” Quissonce shouts to the crowd. “My lovely assistant and I are about to wow, amaze and shock you with a plethora of fantastical events that simply have no explanation. All you need to know is that I, the Great Quissonce, with this tome of forgotten knowledge, can alter the laws of physics that bound mortal men.” She raises a thick book, covered in weird glyphs, as she says this. She then opens it and flips through the yellowed pages until she comes to a passage in the middle of the book. She begins to speak in some language you can't understand and then flourishes her arms – and a single white rose appears in her hand. The crew claps and utters sounds of amazement. You admit you're impressed . . . at her sleight of hand.

Its not real magic, of course it isn't. She's simply wearing a loose-fitting robe that has an assortment of objects ready to be produced as if out of thin air. To the untrained crew it seems like magic, but since Kyra taught you how to look for these things, you're able to pick up what Quissonce is doing. Distract them with the book and the presentation to hide what her hands are doing. You notice Kyra is as aware of what Quissonce is doing as you are.

Quissonce spends the next hour and a half producing cards, involving the audience. At one point she lets two white doves fly out into the sky. All a bunch of fun little tricks. (1/2)
>>
Its nearing the end of the show and Eve, who up until this point has been merely helping Quissonce, takes the stage.

She pulls out a single die and places it on the table, with the 1-side facing up.

“Watch as I move this die with the power of my mind!” Eve puts her hands on her head and stares intently at the die. A minute passes and the crowd begins to get a little nervous. It seems like the trick isn't going off as planned.

Suddenly, the die flips over, landing with the 6-side facing up. “TA-DA!” The crew gives a pity clap for the minor trick. However . . . you don't know what she did to make the die flip. Her mouth was closed, Quissonce was far away from the table. You can't see how Eve pulled it off. You look over to Kyra and even she looks puzzled. The crew begins to disperse and get back to their duties.

>Thank Quissonce for the magic show
>Go ask Eve how she pulled off the trick
>Go meet the Archer
>>
>>43797868
then
>Go meet the archer
>>
>>43797868
>Go meet the Archer

Jumping bean inside the die. Calling it now.
>>
>>43797868
>ask if magic must be innate or can be learned
>Meet the Archer
>>
File: Old drunkard 03.jpg (151 KB, 1536x833) Image search: [Google]
Old drunkard 03.jpg
151 KB, 1536x833
>>43797868
>>Go meet the Archer

At last...we finally talk to her.
>>
>>43797868
>>Go ask Eve how she pulled off the trick
>>Go meet the Archer
Maybe Quissonce can do real magic once on the island, maybe she's just a stage magician. Eve seems to be the only one with real magic right now.

But we knew they were on the team for magic support, so this magic show didn't seem to tell us much.
>>
>>43797970

I'd be more than willing to bet that if actual magic was at work with the dice trick, Quissonce was its source with Eve serving as the distraction.
>>
>>43797970
>this magic show didn't seem to tell us much.
It told us enough to not depend on those two for magic support until they can show us them slinging fireballs reliably. Until then they're pretty much squishy dead weight.
>>
Writing!
>>
>>43798016
Maybe they are only saving their spells. This is a good entertaining after the death of those sailors the morale wasn't all that good and you don't know what can come from the sea. Do you want the mage that can only count with their mana to use it to petty tricks? This can reveal a little about the elf maybe she is more experient then she looks. Or maybe i'm just talking thing out of my ass.
>>
You walk over to Quissonce as she is packing up all of her cards and other assorted equipment and thank her for putting on the show.

“Thank you. It is a magician's duty to entertain!” Quissonce is a showman.

“I'm wondering about something, though. Is magic innate or something that can be learned?” You aren't sure if it even exists, but you're curious to hear her opinion. Quissonce gives a laugh.

“Well anyone with a mighty enough intellect, the resourcefulness and the luck to discover ancient texts can learn if they put in the decades of rigorous study it requires.” She shows you the book. “I myself have spent my entire life gathering ancient magic knowledge, learning the words and the gestures. And you can plainly see my efforts have borne fruit!”

Eve, who has just finished putting the chairs below deck walks over after it seems she overheard your conversation. “Are you talking about that book stuff still!”

“Eve, not now.” Quissonce gives her a glare like she should shut up.

“Hey, don't listen to her. Magic doesn't come from a book. That's stupid. You just have to feel it in your bones. You should throw that book away. I'm sure you could do all the same things without –”

“Eve! This conversation is over. I apologize profusely for the inconvenience my assistant is causing.” Quissonce begins to hurry Eve away from you.

“I don't need a book!” Eve grumbles as the pair walk down below decks to their rooms. (1/2)
>>
As they walk away, you spot the archer. Its been two weeks and you still haven't properly met her. You decide its time to finally meet her. You walk over to her before she heads back below deck. She's dressed simply, wearing a plain white shirt and brown cloth breeches. Her curly brown hair goes down to her back.

“I apologize that it's taken me so long to talk to you, but I don't believe we've properly met yet. Alan Rodain.” She sticks out a gloved hand and shakes yours.

“Don't worry about it. I've been sick like a dog in my room for most of the trip. Rather glad you've caught me when I'm not coughing and wheezing. Rowena. But I go by Rowe. Nice to meet ya Alan.” She looks perky and her tone seems jovial. Rowe? Wait, that name sounds familiar. Female, uses a bow . . . could she be?

“Are you The Orc Hunter?” You ask a bit incredulously. Her friendly appearance quickly switches to almost one of guilt, like you've caught her in a lie.

“Yeaaaaaah, that's me.” She rubs the back of her head. “But listen, most of the stories are complete hogwash. I don't take ears, or skulls or trophies of any sort. I haven't been hunting them since I was 10, or 8 or 7! I don't leave white rose on my kills or rub wolfs-bane on my arrows or fuck panthers or whatever bullshit gets spread around.”

“But you really do ambush orc patrols in the Sfar forest, right? By yourself?” The Orc Hunter is a legend. No, a myth that gets told around the campfire to inspire the troops. A lone female scout with a bow. A one-woman army. The only offensive push against the Empire Ceril has ever made.

“Look, I ambush whoever the Empire sends. It's mostly orcs in that theater, so I kill mostly orcs. And when it's a battalion coming through, I send a message and let the rest of the army handle it, while I take care of the scraps. I'm much more akin to a vulture than a hawk.” (2/3)
>>
“But you're famous.”

“Maybe in the army. Nobody else has recognized me. Where were you stationed?”

“Cavalryman in the Muller Mountains.” She visibly winces.

“Ugh. Heard that was rather bloody.”

“Mostly theirs, thankfully.”

>Ask her why they pulled her off the front line
>Go ask Eve about how she pulled off that trick
>>
>>43798360
>>
>>43798360
>>Ask her why they pulled her off the front line
>>
>>43798360

Found our waifu.
>>
>>43798406
Don't even joke about that
>>
>>43798406
Bonding over war stories when?
>>
>>43798360
>>Ask her why they pulled her off the front line

Wow the archer is actually a soldier like us. I like her even more now.
>>
>>43798406
Personally, I'd prefer we waifu something better.

Like a magical suit of armor.

Truly, it would have our health and safety in mind.
>>
>>43798487
I'd rather waifu magic. Or a sentient magical sword
>>
Writing!
>>
>>43798495
Well magic is broad, and technically a magical suit of armor falls under it.

As is anything involved with magic.

You don't see me waifuing "life". Be fair, be specific.
>>
>>43798524
Ok, waifu the study and mastering of magic.
>>
>>43798524

>2015
>not making life your adoring qt waifu

Fucking plebbbbbbbb
>>
>>43798542
I tried. She told me she was taken. I tried again and she hit me with her car.

>>43798540
I could get behind that!
>>
>>43798540
Count me in on this. The archer girl is cool but she just our war buddy.
>>
>>43798540
Fuck magic, we must learn EVERYTHING!
>>
>>43798633
If we don't learn magic how can we learn everything?
>>
Its great to actually meet somebody else from the Army. You were starting to feel like you'd be the only one out here doing this for the good of the country. However, as much as you're happy to see a soldier here with you, why her? She's good at playing keep away with Empire, it would be a real blow to your war effort without her.

“Why'd they pull you off the front lines?” She looks at you in surprise. After a second her face softens and grows a bit darker.

“You don't know?”

“No.” The Republic has always been stellar at keeping information on a need-to-know basis.

“The Empire had the Sfar forest burned down.” You feel your heart practically leap out of your chest.

“They burned it down! The entire thing.”

“Yep.” Your mind races and you struggle to find all the right words to speak in the correct order.

“But the Sfar forest is in Emp territory. All the logging towns on their side of the border that make their living off of it, what about those?”

“I guess they decided it was an acceptable loss to smoke me out. After that, I wasn't too keen on going back out. Plus, I'm nowhere near as useful as people like to pretend. Renault said this operation of theirs could use somebody with my skills and training. So I said fuck it and signed up.”

>Ask her what her potential is
>Ask her about where she lives
>Go ask Eve about how she pulled off that trick
>Something else? (write-in)
>>
>>43798706
>>Go ask Eve about how she pulled off that trick
>>
>>43798706
>>Ask her what her potential is
>>Go ask Eve about how she pulled off that trick
>>
>>43798706
As much as I'd like to learn magic, Eve made it sound like her magic is innate. It may be too much for our special power to replicate something that's genetic, at least until it gets super-charged by whatever is on the island.
It might be a better use of our time to learn archery until we make landfall.
>>
>>43798706
> Take a deep breath to calm yourself, this news just makes our current mission even more important.

>>
>>43798761
I think Eve magic is innate and the elf can use objects to use magic.
>>
>>43798761
Asking doesn't take much time.
>>
>>43798706

>Ask her if she could teach us how to shoot
>>
Writing!
>>
You take a deep breath to calm yourself down. The Republic calling the Empire evil has always struck a wrong chord in you. Fascist and authoritarian, sure, but evil seems like a strong word. But burning an entire forest down for an advantage, that's wrong. How many innocents are destitute or dead because of that? You thought the Empire was getting bolder and more impatient and this proves it. They're tired of the stalemate. You turn back to Rowe.

“So, what's your potential, Rowe?”

“Let's see. I was told I would become one with the forests, sneak better and shoot my bow better. I assume I'll also grow pointy ears and talk in Elvish. That and . . .” she leans in to you as she says this last part, “apparently, they have a green problem on the island.”

“Orcs?” She nods. Huh, that's the first you heard of orcs being there.

“Apparently they think I'm the expert on handling that situation. To be honest, part of the reason I said yes was to make sure this isn't just an extermination squad. Orcs that work for the Empire is one thing. But if we're going to be killing off tribal orcs that are angry we're taking their land, that makes us no better than the Empire.”

“Well, we'll just have to see for ourselves.” Rowe heads back down below deck to her room.

You're still wondering how Eve was able to make that trick work. You follow after Rowe and head to Eve's room. When Eve opens the door, you realize just how short she is. She's doesn't even reach your hip.

“Hello there Alan!” Her high-pitched voice is in a weird octave that is close to being grating, but not quite there. “What can I do for you?”

“I was wondering how you were able to do that trick – the one where you flipped the die.” Eve chuckles.

“Oh no, Alan. That was no trick. That was magic. I'm a wizard.”

>Ask her to do it again
>Ask her to explain how she does it
>Ask Rowe to teach you how to fire a bow
>>
>>43798818
Why train with a bow when we can learn to use a Musket?
>>
>>43799049
>>Ask her to do it again
>>Ask her to explain how she does it
>>
>>43799049
>>Ask her to do it again
can we talk to the monk later on?
>>
>>43799049
>you realize just how short she is. She's doesn't even reach your hip.
For someone capable of learning things very fast he's a bit slow. Of course a gnome is short
>>
>>43799049
>Ask her to explain how she does it
What are the limitations? Is it just telekinesis or can she do something a little more flashy, like a light spell or produce a flame in the palm of her hand?
>>
So the gnome is a sorcerer and the elf is a wizard or a charlatan huh.
>>
>>43799049

inb4 "i dunno it just happens" If she says this then.

>Ask Rowe to teach you how to fire a bow
>>
>>43799087
Dude we're male.
>>
>>43799128
And?
>>
File: Old fag.jpg (65 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
Old fag.jpg
65 KB, 600x400
>>43799114
You got it. You get a golden start and one internet.
>>
Writing!
>>
>>43799148
Oh sorry, i think i'm tired, i swear i saw a "her" instead of "he" in your post.
>>
>>43799157
>You get a golden start and one internet.
I get a feeling so complicated.
>>
>>43799049

>she doesn't want to purge the subhumans and fill the island with our glorious pureblood children

I withdraw my waifu comment.
>>
>>43799239
I'm sure this island powersperg device thing will turn her into full-genocide arrow-touhou machine.
>>
>we live are part of a shitty republic
>when we could have been part of the glorious empire
Shaking my head to be honest.
>>
“Would you mind doing it again?” She crosses her arms.

“Don't believe me, huh. Okay, pick an object that doesn't weight too much, one of your own! And I'll move it.”

You reach into your pocket and pull out one of your gold coins.

“Okay, now lower it to my height. And . . .” She begins to stare intently at your coin. She puts her hands on her head and seems to be focusing very intently. She is red in the face. You suddenly feel a weird force on your hand and you see the coin flip. “TA-DA!”

Yep, you really can't figure out any way she could have rigged that. That was magic.

“What else can you do? Can you produce light or flame or something?”

“Nope. That's it.”

“Can you explain how you do it?”

“I dunno, it just happens.” Of course. How could she possibly explain it. You're about to walk away when she stops you. “Wait! Um, okay. Give me a second to put it into words. So, you have to take a strong stance and then I focus on the thing that I'm trying to move and then I, uh, I sort of tap into my inner reservoirs of . . .stuff! And then, boom baby! Its magic.”

That certainly was an explanation. It was a bad one. But she explained it.

>Try to listen to Eve's advice and flip the coin
>Ask Rowe to teach you how to shoot
>Go talk to Gabby (about what, write-in)
>Something else (what, write-in)
>>
>>43799291
If we're going into the wilderness the ability to shoot a bow and hunt our own food will be invaluable.
>>
>>43799291
>>Try to listen to Eve's advice and flip the coin
>Go talk to Gabby (about what, write-in)
see if she has any useful CQC or meditation techniques.
>>
>>43799291
>>Try to listen to Eve's advice and flip the coin
When that fails.
>>
>>43799291

Learning how to shoot would be immensely useful.

But flipping tiny objects over with magic?!? No contest.
>>
>>43799291
Then
>>
>>43799307
>>43799312
We need to MASTER CQC from meanmonk then get THE FORCE from littleG then put them together to PUNCH THROUGH STEEL or some shit, I dunno.
>>
>>43799291
>>
>>43799291
It's something concrete that we can definitely pick up in a week.
Once we're on the island, we can try to get the basics of CQC from Gabby and activate our inner magic with Eve.
>>
>>43799331

Musclewizardry?

Eh, why not. Better than being a dick-ass thief, which is what we seem to be leaning towards.
>>
>>43799390
We must become the ultimate jack of all trades
>>
Roll me 1d100 +10, best of 3!
>>
>>43799390
We can learn any skill any time we can be EVERYTHING!!! and with our sneak abilities we cna spy on others and still their skill without then noticing.
>>
Rolled 38 + 10 (1d100 + 10)

>>43799430
ALLAH BLESS MY DICE!
>>
>>43799390
>>43799404
A muscle wizard with slight of hand, so we can punch them before they realized they've been punched. You're already dead!
>>
File: Tsuyu Asui 002.png (17 KB, 216x292) Image search: [Google]
Tsuyu Asui 002.png
17 KB, 216x292
Rolled 95 + 10 (1d100 + 10)

>>43799430
>>
Rolled 88 + 10 (1d100 + 10)

>>43799430
>>
Rolled 18 + 10 (1d100 + 10)

>>43799430
Check my nat 1
>>
Rolled 21 + 10 (1d100 + 10)

>>43799430
>>
File: Baby.jpg (3 KB, 137x90) Image search: [Google]
Baby.jpg
3 KB, 137x90
>>43799456
Damn, son
>>
>>43799443

I casted fist five minutes ago, slovenly fools! Wahaha!!

>>43799456

ffs
>>
File: Tsuyu Asui 004.jpg (16 KB, 270x350) Image search: [Google]
Tsuyu Asui 004.jpg
16 KB, 270x350
>>43799456
Good roll me.
>>
File: 1334272474130.jpg (313 KB, 855x720) Image search: [Google]
1334272474130.jpg
313 KB, 855x720
>>43799456
Noice.
>>
File: JoJolly Cooperation.jpg (218 KB, 927x537) Image search: [Google]
JoJolly Cooperation.jpg
218 KB, 927x537
>>43799456
Nice Moves
>>
File: 1425769441130.jpg (54 KB, 744x419) Image search: [Google]
1425769441130.jpg
54 KB, 744x419
>>43799456
>as
>>
>>43799440
>>43799456
Obviously, instead of invoking Allah, we need more cute frog girls.
>>
>>43799537

Froglolis > Sandniggers
>>
Okay. You hold the gold coin in your hand. You take a strong stance, widening it a bit. And you stand there and try to focus on bringing out your inner reservoirs of . . . stuff. On the object. You look at it really intensely. And nothing happens.

“Don't lock your knees!” Eve gives you a thumbs up. Okay, you bounce your knees a bit. C'mon, bring out that inner pool of world-altering juice. You feel like your head's going to explode. The coin doesn't budge.

“You can do it! Say something in Draconic to help!”

“I don't know Draconic.” You respond.

“Shit maybe you should learn Draconic first.” Eve puts her face in her hands. “Wait, here, let me work a bit on it.” She walks over to you and focuses on the coin. It starts to wobble a bit. Well, now she's just doing . . . wait. No, wait you can feel what she's doing. Like you felt it before. It's like her inner self is being projected on the coin. You start doing it yourself. You think of yourself as a well of energy and start pouring it into the coin. It starts to shake.

“Holy shit you're actually doing it.” She stops and steps back. You feel her energy go back into her. The coin is still wobbling. You're doing it. “KEEP GOING!”

You focus more precisely on it, instead of harder. You feel less tense and you don't shake as much. The coin starts to rise until its standing on its side in the palm of your hand.

“YES! I taught you magic. I'm amazing!” Eve jumps up as you let go and let the coin stand on its side by itself in your palm. You feel like new blood is pumping through your entire system, spreading throughout the whole thing. It empowers you with the feeling like you can alter the world around you.

You can cast magic.

>End of Thread

I will most likely run tomorrow some time after noon Pacific Coast time. I will announce on my twitter an hour before I start.
>>
File: AyyLmao.jpg (35 KB, 540x888) Image search: [Google]
AyyLmao.jpg
35 KB, 540x888
>>43799456
Time for telekinetics bitches
>>
>>43799654
I love our talent.
>>
File: 1362405990628.png (278 KB, 400x279) Image search: [Google]
1362405990628.png
278 KB, 400x279
>>43799654
>You can cast magic.
We are going to hate someone to death with this power.
>>
File: Tsuyu Asui 001.jpg (156 KB, 1100x850) Image search: [Google]
Tsuyu Asui 001.jpg
156 KB, 1100x850
>>43799686
Our talent is the best prove that you should always pick the mistery box.
>>
https://twitter.com/TrickQM
>>
File: It's Magic.png (389 KB, 444x600) Image search: [Google]
It's Magic.png
389 KB, 444x600
>>43799654
Quissonce is going to be so fucking jelly that we got magic from Eve and not her.
>>
File: around elves.png (79 KB, 426x382) Image search: [Google]
around elves.png
79 KB, 426x382
>>43799719
That elf is a charlatan anyway.
>>
File: Old drunkard 04.jpg (172 KB, 1536x830) Image search: [Google]
Old drunkard 04.jpg
172 KB, 1536x830
>>43799716
Thank for the run Master Trick. I shall be on your thread tomorrow as well.
Thread replies: 167
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.