[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello fa/tg/uys, /lit/ anon here and this is my first time posting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
Hello fa/tg/uys, /lit/ anon here and this is my first time posting here so I apoligise if I've messed with your board in someway (I've heard good things) but, sadly, I've decided to sell my old figurines. I bought them when I was younger, and kind of stopped playing and was just wondering - would any of you have a rough idea of how much all of the stuff I have is worth? A few are painted (badly), and I've got a ton of loose Chaos Marine parts along with some Tao peices, and space mureens. I feel pretty reluctant to sell them because I think the models look rad, but I need the money and they're sort of collecting dust.

Just in case asking anons to audit your merch is a faux-pas, I'll try and keep the thread somewhat on topic:

What the fuck did Games Workshop do to Warhammer and what is the End Times about? Is the hobby on it's way out?
>>
>>43789115
Also got a bit of LOTR stuff. Would I be looking at £250 for this if I was lucky?
>>
>>43789129
>>
>>43789139
Gonna miss these guys.
>>
>>43789115
I'd recommend using Ebay. Check up GW's price and start your auction at half their price+postage.

Whether you try to sell everything as one grand pack or army per army or 40K/LOTR packs is up to you.

>Would I be looking at £250 for this if I was lucky?

If everything goes away, definitely, even getting only half the price GW asks.
>>
>>43789182
Thanks anons.

I miss playing army soldiers. Painting was so relaxing.
>>
>>43789129
Probably best selling chaos and loyalists separately, but basically, yeah 200-300 should be realistic.
>>
>>43789182
>>43789201
A couple of swords and arms are missing, and the paint is chipped for a few of the metal figures. Will that hurt my price?
>>
Don't sell them all together. At least on german ebay, big packs of mixed armies go away at usually less than 1/10th of the value. If you sell them in squads it's going to be more work but you should easily get 1/4th to half of the original price
>>
Not OP, but I also have a question about selling old models. I have a bunch of decade-old bretonians. Now, since GW killed Warhammer Fantasy, are they more sought after and worth more? Or less?
>>
>>43789234
Whoever buys them will most likely strip the paint anyway, so that's no big deal.
"couple missing bolters" are no big deal, "there's no Special or Heavy weapons and every squad leader has Plasma Pistol" might be
>>
>>43789129
>Would I be looking at £250 for this if I was lucky?
everything, or just that pic?
>>
>>43789192
You don't need to play the games to paint models, anon. Imagine being free of painting dozens of infantry units and cherry picking gorgeous sculpts to paint regardless of the faction or manufacturer.
>>
>>43789493
Everything, including a mint condition case.

On the off chance anyone is interested, I'm in
LONDON
O
N
D
O
N
>>
Having brought and resold stuff in the UK through eBay, there is two options available if his is what you choose to do:
1. Sell it off whole. £150-£300 or so if you do and you get lucky. However, you're much less likely to get as much money but it is less effort and everything will be gone.
2. Separate it. Either into individual models, squads or armies. It will take more effort but you're more likely to make a good amount of money. Selling squads is how I did it. Offer combined shipping and start at half GW current prices. You'll make about £200-£500 if lucky the issue here is you often end up with some stuff not selling and then eBay's listing fee will start to hurt.
If you go with 2 prepare for more effort. Ultimately try to sell stuff that doesn't sell again for slightly cheaper. Then do 1 with whatever you have left.

http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Age_of_sigmar
Sums up what happened to fantasy better then we could in a short time.
>>
I would probably buy those tyrants but shipping rates are atrocious.
>>
>>43790089
but are you a grill?
>>
>>43789115
The secondary market is brutal, first thing you need to do is get over the idea that you are going to get anywhere near what you paid for the items, I would expect no more than 40% of their initial value tops.
>>
>>43789115
> would any of you have a rough idea of how much all of the stuff I have is worth?

If you sell smart you could bee looking at £300 maybe more, secondary market can be really fickle. You need to group them by faction and squad and be willing to sit on them until the right buyer comes along. Ebay is a good bet, and Amazon will work for the unopened stuff. If you're a yank Reddit has a mini-swap board as well.

40-60% on the unopened stuff and about that for the assembled and unpainted with the right buyer. Unfortunately even models that have a solid paint job are hard to move, maybe a 1/4 msrp. you can strip metal models with simple green to bring up the resale. for plastic just let it ride.

>What the fuck did Games Workshop do to Warhammer and what is the End Times about? Is the hobby on it's way out?

Hobby overall is in good shape, FW just as a smaller market share as of late. I've heard the changeup with fantasy was to compete with Warmachine/Hordes. 40K is still top dog in what it does despite the constant bitching.
>>
>>43791275
I can be a girl if you give me twenty pounds/books/a new pc
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.