[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warhammer 40k RPG General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27
File: 1447882010958[1].jpg (9 KB, 345x146) Image search: [Google]
1447882010958[1].jpg
9 KB, 345x146
For all your questions on Dark Heresy (1st and 2nd Editions), Rogue Trader, Deathwatch, Black Crusade, and Only War.

What happened in your last game, /tg/?
>>
>>43786756
>What happened in your last game, /tg/?
I stopped pushing them.
The game didn't survive it.
>>
>>43786756
got tired that i have to annoyingly force people to answer my messages regarding games schedule. figured if they are not interested enough to chat, they are not interested enough to play, so i stopped DMing for them
>>
>>43786756
So, no more copypasta?
>>
>>43786756
>What happened in your last game, /tg/

Two people couldn't make time for it, so tomorrow's the replacement.

But the one before, the party, a droptrooper squad with a valk were sent out to take out a gun emplacement and acquire their means of communication with their HQ, which High Command suspects to be loyalist, but the state on the moon is very confusing.

Anyways, on their way to the gun emplacement they first checked out an extreme power source they detected, which turned out to be a tower in the middle of nowhere puking out silent lightning, with a Chimera and a few guards nearby. The party took out everybody before the Chimera could be maned, and when the door to the tower was closed, they jumped into the Chimera to drive to the gun emplacement - they're a party alright.

ANyways, they took out the gun emplacement with stun grenades and intimidation, talked to the soldiers there and it turns out in that tower, there was an astropath which was used as the communications hub for a bunch of emplacements on that front line, it's just that psykers are acting up a lot on this world...

Yeah, that's where they are right now. The Valk Pilot is taking the Chimera home, sending his co pilot to fly, because he is planning to trade it in for a paint job at the mechanicus, and the group is taking back one of the soldiers to High Command for.. Not sure what they are planning with him. If you're reading this, players, stop. What they don't know is that there were people with the Astropath INSIDE the tower. So reinforcments are underway.
>>
Orks - entry level swarming, unintelligent goon enemies or numberless, gruesome meat tanks fit to challange high-XP parties?

discuss.
>>
>>43786782
:(
tell us the story
>>
>>43787156
depends on the setting.in deathwatch/ BC the first,in OW/DH the second
>>
>>43786756

Our GM sent us on a scout mission and pitted us against two Dark Eldar abberations. Us alone in a giant cave with no reinforcements. It was supposed to be scary and brutal. However, as it was our first encounter of the campaign, he gave us an indefinite amount of squadmates who attracted the attacks of the Dark Eldar. We practically did nothing other than roll attack dice for 20 minutes, at which point I decided to roleplay, pulled the communications operator behind a wall of guardsmen and asked him to request an air-strike and permission to retreat. Retreat we did, until we reach the cave entrance, at which point the DM decided that our entire regiment was now advancing into the giant cave.

Indecisiveness kills games. Don't be afraid to be tyrrants.
>>
>>43787191
Black Crusade about a bunch of humans surviving in the Screaming Vortex.

They asked me for examples of what kinds of shit Heretics in the Vortex got up to, and they latched on to one of my examples of throwing the biggest goddamn sin-fest in recent memory in glory of Slaanesh, and to make friends among the Pirates of the Ragged Helix.

Game was going well, they'd got a lot of the stuff they needed, with some serious help and GM fiat from me, and they'd descended to Malignia to try and harvest some super-drugs. I had a couple of groups and ideas prepared, and directions for them to follow, however I had realised that I had literally been dragging them from thing to thing all throughout the campaign, completely defeating the point of the game I'd decided to run.

So I stopped pushing them, and they just sat around, ignored every option I presented to them and wasted the entire session tormenting some slaves a Pirate had released onto the planet to scrounge stuff for him (with a comically high attrition rate).

In the end, one of the characters offed himself, and then they burnt the thing they wanted to harvest to the ground, and wondered what they were even doing...

Then I just fucking stopped.

RPGs are supposed to be collaborative, but these fuckers were making me do the setting, the adventures, and their own characters.
I had just fucking had enough, and not one of them blinked an eye when I ended the game.
>>
>>43787440
sounds like you had the wrong players for BC. BC is all about players living out their fantasy of being disiny-style EVIL VILLAINS! compleatle with hammy monologs,and ridiculous plans

your players may be better suited in a shitty D&D dungion crawl
fuck thoses guys
>>
>>43787462

I honestly prefer WFRP for playing Chaos worshipping villains over BC.
>>
Tutorial campaign for OW has been wrapped up, tomorrow I'll give out some medals and send them on a not-vietnam death world filled with feral orks and a WAAAAAGH! on its way

>>43787156
I'll try to probe their chances against them, but I'm hoping for the second, sets a good tone

I'd also ask what happened to the pasta though
>>
Performed life saving battlefield surgery (technically decapitation) with a power sword in the middle of irradiated wasteland. Shit was so cash.
>>
>>43786756

The Inquisitor PC had to parlay with his archenemy (the closest thing at least) and not blam his head off, due to a grand, mutual threat. And because said archenemy is still an Inquisitor, even if a heretical one. One acolyte did not take kindly to this, and now tension is palpable within the group.
>>
Are there rules for statting out the troops a rogue trader can have at his service?
>>
>>43787666
>due to a grand, mutual threat.
Daemon swords are not necessary to fight Chaos. Killing the guys offering ones as a gift left and right, however..
>>
>>43787694
Nope.
Work with your GM on it.
>>
>>43786756

I finally got to use my awesome 40ked Alexander Anderson quote for my zealous character as he cut down the filthy xenos

>Therefore, ye foes of Humanity, be wise; be warned ye servants of darkness, for the Emperor’s light shines and ye greet its brightness with trembling.
>Bow before his sons lest he be angry, for that way will lead to destruction, for his wrath will break ye like a rod of iron to pottery! IN THE NAME OF THE EMPEROR, THE IMPERIUM AND HUMANITY ITSELF, AMEN.
>>
File: 1434031632508.jpg (174 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1434031632508.jpg
174 KB, 600x450
>>43787665
>Performed life saving battlefield surgery (technically decapitation) with a power sword in the middle of irradiated wasteland.
Do tell
>>
>>43787156
see
>>43787197
But it doesn't apply really to DH2e, orks got nerfed hard compared to any other incarnation. Hell, I'm thinking of bumping up at least nobs to something competent.
>>
>>43788140
wait, so Genestealers being tougher than nobs in the new edition is true?
>>
>>43787421
>request an air-strike
>in a cave
Wut.
>>43787440
You had shit players. That said, you must make sure they understand what the nature of the game is. 40k rpgs are not yur DnD.
>>43787538
I like the powerscale and possibilities that come with BC for crazy heretic shit. Best is an apostate priest encouraging the folk to kill and kill "For the Emperor", and then turning it all over to Nurgle/Khorne depending on the situation, while sitting on my smuggest throne getting blown by a daemonette I had contracted for lascivious acts, both for me and my chosen men/women
>>
>>43787592
I like you, anon.
Also, people are bitching that the pasta is too bloated/some of the links are dead.
>>
>>43788161
It is fucking unbelievable, man, how much better they are.
Stealers are stronger, faster, ded 'arder, choppier, smarter and have more skills/talents than nobs. They are literally better in every conceivable fashion, and I have my theories on why that is so.
Pisses me off, too, because DE got shafted pretty roundly as well. The archon is SHIT.
>>
>>43788140
Never looked at the DH2 stats, so i have been using BC/OW ork stats. what are the new ones like?
>>
>>43788203
>choppier, smarter and have more skills/talents than nobs
Nothing wrong with that. But when they can take incoming fire like a terminator, something is amiss
>>
>>43786756
RT

PCs discovered a SM recruiting world that's been cut off from the Imperium for a millenium. It included three companies of not! Blood Jaguars, in the process of purging their planet of taint (of people who live in cities).

Priest PC comitted suicide by dissing Space Marines in their own Sanctum on their own planet.

Captain bombed a small Hive from orbit (some 20 milion casualties) exchanged a captured frigate for a contingent of Chapter Serfs. And then offered to help the Astartes capture more ships from heretics (which may or may not accidentally include his business rivals).

The Eldar Void Master is currently engaged in a peculiar version of 'hide-and-don't get spotted by the xenocidal psychopaths', every time she moves from her quarters to the bridge and back.
>>
File: 1418628712823.jpg (105 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
1418628712823.jpg
105 KB, 720x540
>>43788262
>Priest PC comitted suicide by dissing Space Marines in their own Sanctum on their own planet.
Not even in the face of armageddon. Never compromise.
>>
>>43788229
I agree, the genestealers in Enemies Without are 2 soak short of a space marine.
>>
>>43786756
DH2e.
We geared up and set out for the primary hive from our homebase, hot dropped via valk 20 kilos out into a tundra snowstorm, and we started hoofing it when the adept, heretek, and I (feral guardsman) hashed out directions.
We traveled north, had a close encounter with some BIG wildlife (I had to be talked down from deciding that since I am an alpha predator, I ought to present myself to this new world by eating the heart of the herd bull, a 3 meter tall 6 horned ice buffalo, but duty calls).
We then had a bad encounter with a scout party that had heard talk of a valk drop off, and turned into bad war.
I was in front with the sororita, called halt, and when the noble said she heard voices, I start stalking off to the northwest, intent on flanking them, making hand battle signs to stay put. Apparently, the rest of the group took this as a sign to FOLLOW ME (they don't know battle signs, I remembered in hindsight), began also trying to sneak behind me.
For their credit, for a bunch of soft women who don't know shit about hunting, a manwoman bulldyke sororita in plate mail, and a thunderspeaker (I believe he is a techpriest, and on my world, they are the Emperor's Thunderspeakers), they weren't a bunch of failures, just some failures. The adept and the noble manage to creep after me, the sororita fucks up, the heretek rolls 98 and gets stuck in the snow. Sister goes to help him, and gunfire rings out in the snowy darkness, pinging off her armor. The rest of us kneel down, draw weapons, then the firebomb comes out.
The sister manages to tank the blast and jumps in the snow, making the Ag check. The heretek... doesn't, and is now on fire.
The adept goes full baller, using her laspistol to make suppressing fire volleys, driving off 2 of the 4 people assaulting us, but this big fucker comes charging at the sister with a giant club of wood and ice, the sister parrying the weapon with her two handed chain axe!
>>
>>43787970
Our mission was to extract crucial intel from a scuttled voidship, which was overran by self-replicating, semi-sentient, psychoconductive and mind-subverting xeno goo.
Turns out, the senior magos we were pursuing thought flooding cogitator compartment with it would be a good idea (science, right?)
>void crash lands on a continent already ruined by hive reactor cores which went critical some years ago after particularly turbulent investigation of our party cell back in the day
>survey the area and head back to resupply, grab proper tools and establish quarantine in cooperation with local authorities to make sure the goo doesn't infect the remaining hive
>turns out, most admech adepts had gone to the crash site while we were en route to the hive
>predictably, the hive lost all contact with them as soon as they reached the crash site, save for garbled distress signal
>we rush back, cursing admechs, the goo, the storms and everyone else on the way
>finally, find the admech camp near the wreckage
>few bodies and red painted chimeras can be seen in the distance
>volunteer to investigate, hoping to salvage at least one chimera
>lolnope
>everything is overrun with the goo
>peek inside one chimeras - find one responsive techpriest, although he's almost fully fused with the vehicle by this point and the contagion covers most of his neck
>think about shooting the poor wretch and take him out of his misery
>cogboy meekly asks for help
>ididntsignupforthiscrap
>hop into the vehicle and ask our techpriest if any implants he has can help him to make it
>he goes on a long-winded explanation full of technicalities, the gist of it was it depends on the implants
>can't see, he's covered in the goo up to his neck
>figure have nothing to lose, grab the sword
>with the penalties DM ruled would need to roll under 10 to succeed
>roll a 6
>pump the brain full of drugs to keep the guy stable for a bit
>call medevac
>perform proper surgery back in the hive
>high fives all around
>>
File: url.jpg (366 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
366 KB, 800x600
About to join my first Dark Heresy RPG. I've never played an RPG before? How does one be a good player?
>>
>>43788332
The heretek, meanwhile, already took a bullet, is hurting, and is still burning and can't put the shit out even rolling in snow. The sister bellows out, swinging the chainaxe in a vicious 1-2 strike, cutting off BOTH of the Big Fucker's legs (Devastating Assault, rolled 16 damage each, and anyone else deal hits mostly to legs??), splattering the blood all over the snow, herself, and the burning heretek (who, with a +50 to his Ag check, cut in half due to fatigue, still fails it, and now is at 0 wounds) while I charge in with a greatsword to support. The adept, in another hail of laspistol fire, drives off the remaining twat, and takes a bullet in the ass from the noble as a parting gift.
Alright, fight is don.... manwoman sister starts cackling like a maniac, and then strikes at me with her chainaxe, and I barely manage to catch the blow with my weapon (rolled fear for the bloody mess she made, and failed BADLY). The rest of the warband watches stunned as the guardsman and the sister brawl (by brawl, I mean barely defend myself against her very accurate strikes) in front of them AGAIN, while the heretek burns beside us. I drop into a defense posture, parrying a rain of blows from the psychotic at the best of times sister while the adept tries to put out the burning heretek. After 4 swings, I riposte, landing a telling blow of such prowess as to nearly shatter her arm, forcing her to drop the chainaxe, and the noblewoman, being literally half the sister's size, tackles her to the ground. A face full of snow blinkers her back to her senses, while the heretek literally nearly burns to death despite the adept's aid. Truly the mercy of the Omnissiah was shown to him, for the fire went out on it's own.
>>
>>43788400
So yea, end tally:
New DH players learned how the shit goes south.
Heretek literally burned to death, spent a fate point and is at -9 wounds.
Sister is at -3 wounds courtesy myself.
Everyone else is unhurt, but we have 2 injured, are 9 kilos out, in the dark, in a snowstorm.
Fuck.
>Welcome to Dark Heresy
>>
File: 1445166543548.jpg (37 KB, 269x294) Image search: [Google]
1445166543548.jpg
37 KB, 269x294
>>43788377
not bad/10
>>
>>43788383
How much do you know about 40k?
If you aren't familiar with the setting, READ, FUCKING READ YOU GODDAMN FUCK.
This is the first, and primary, way new 40k rpg players screw it up. Read the core book, learn about the setting, it's tone and expectations.
Talk to the GM, find out what his expectations are.
Think about your possible character. Male, female? Personality, background, nature, etc.
For example, I am playing a feral guardsman featured in >>43788332, and he has very specific beliefs, such as that the Emperor is the Lord High God of Steel and Thunder, that the Emperor brought steel and thunder (guns) to his people, and in exchange, the men must offer their lives, and the women must offer babies to him. Only men may wield steel and take life in close combat, and the price for that privilege is that a man has only 10k words to speak in his lifetime, and then must forever be silent. Women may not wield steel, but may use guns, and the reason is that to kill with steel is to take the blood and soul of the slain, and this poisons the womb to only produce killers and traitors (his people originally practiced improper Khornate daemon binding rituals until priest scourged them from the land).
I came up with this because in 40k, you have a million worlds and a hundred million cultures, so get creative. This has led to some clashing in the warband, but it is settled simply by my guardsman believing that in time, the women there will come to wisdom and learn better, and until then, it is better to serve wholeheartedly.
Basic advice:
It is a cooperative game, be cooperative.
If you ever must say "It's what my guy would do!", your character is a cunt and shouldn't be in the party at all.
Appreciate the GM's work, he does it for you.
Bring dice, note cards, 3 pencils.
If something is wrong, or you aren't having fun, TALK TO THE GM AND GET IT SET RIGHT.
Offer commentary and criticism to the GM if he asks for it.
At least have pdfs for the game, leave the phone.
>>
Has anyone made a knights homebrew yet?
>>
>>43788496
It's in the thread copypasta that people are bitching about now.
>>
>>43788505
The on that isn't posted?
>>
>>43788515
Yea.
Amusing, huh?
>>
>>43788377
>>he goes on a long-winded explanation full of technicalities, the gist of it was it depends on the implants

Grunts... Two sentences is "too long" for them.
>>
>>43787666
>One acolyte did not take kindly to this, and now tension is palpable within the group.

Two, in fact, one was just more vocal about it. Satan, get your facts straight.
>>
Thread on page 9? Good going, guys
>>
God damn, FFG is selling all the books for five dollars a pop and Into the Storm and Battlefleet Koronus just HAVE TO BE out of stock
>>
Is there a way to "Take 10/20" in these games?
I find it odd that someone ostensibly trained or at least moderately fit can fail to climb a tree, or do simpler tasks without a threat of possible catastrophic failure.
>>
>>43790181
Stuff like that is usually not to be rolled unless you are in a combat or otherwise dangerous/stressful situation. Even then, the GM can very well give you bonuses or maluses depending on what you have to do, how hard the task is and what tools you have at your disposal.
>>
>>43790181
Climbing a tree is something that just isnt rolled. Like >>43790206 said, if its non-combat and not time-sensitive, then it just happens. If players have a task to do, they have time and want something to be done properly, then it happens. It takes time, though. If your techpriest wants to analyse the mysterious artifact, then give them bonuses and maluses that increase/decrease the time recquired. For example, trying to figure it out yourself without anything other than rudimentary tools is a month-long endeavour, but if you have good tools, it might take two weeks, and if you do it in a mechanicum temples facilities it might take a week. If you have some information on how it works, split the time spent. While there is no 'established' ruleset, its fairly easy to wrangle something.
>>
>>43790206
>>43790313
Alright, so if I have stealth trained, and I'm trying to hide somewhere to set up an ambush, would I expect to roll, with bonuses, or would I expect to say I succeeded, but at minimum success?
>>
>>43790378
you roll with hidden boni
>>
>>43790415
against their awareness of course, also hidden.
>>
>>43790378
In that case you would still have to roll, as stealth vs awareness is an opposed test. You could talk with the GM to give you some bonus to reflect prep time.
>>
>>43790378
If you have stealth trained, and prep time, and If you roleplay some method of hiding better, i.e. climbing into the rooftop vent or covering over a hollow with a cameleoline cloak then the DM should give you some bonuses to an opposed check.
>>
Ok was creating a light infantry regiment for OW but while assigning gear I forgot medikits only give that sweet +20 if you are already trained in medicae, this leaves 5 free points to take something else of common availability. What would you take? Extra frag grenade is already taken, the regiment uses SP weapons.
>>
>>43790520
always the Chrono
>>
>>43790520
Give us the full list of what they already have.
>>
>>43790520
Tracer rounds? Pistol grip? Accordion wire?
>>
>>43790557
I'd agree, but that leaves other points to be spent and I think of it as a waste
>>
>>43790576
How is having an effing watch is a waste?
>>
>>43790596
especially if you can have it HIGH QUALITY? Gold frame anybody? The hands being the wings of an aquilla?
>>
>>43790572
Apart from the standard stuff:

autogun
sword
2+1 frag grenades
2 smoke grenades
pump-action shotgun
snare mines

(camo pattern uniform)
(1 micro-bead per squad)
These last two come from some alternate regiment creation rules found around here.

The idea is to have the regiment involved in long range recon through the jungle

>>43790575
Tracer rounds were high on my list
>>
>>43790596
You misunderstand me, the waste would be still having 3 spare points. But I guess something useful of plentiful availability could be found
>>
The characters were fallen from grace in the eyes of the Inquisition, escaped from the Tricorn and deep in the bowels of Sibellus underhive.

The Amalathian Inquisitor was having some angst about being viewed as a renegade, her only hope to find her old mentor, a much more sinister Inquisitor whose plans helped them escape in the first place.

Some of her Throne Agents relish the release from imperial propriety and tensions rise as they move steady towards radicalism.

And yet they don't know that their nemesis, a Sherlock Holmes-type Inquisitor, has secretly implanted them with tracking devices and uses them as bloodhounds to locate his real quarry; their shadowy elder Inquisitor, whom he intends to apprehend or kill with the help of his militant ally, an Ordo Malleus Inquisitor with ties to the Grey Knights.

And neither of them knows that the hidden Inquisitor has been dead for some time, the victim of her former Throne Agent, an Alpha Level Psyker driven insane by lust and greed.
Now merely a bloated brain inside a walking brass tank, he intends to use the knowledge he tortured out of his former mistress to smash a space hulk full of psykers into Scintilla and open a warp rift large enough to swallow the planet.
The only person to know the truth is a repentant heretic cult leader, another former Throne Agent, who returned to his mistress side only to find her dead and broken. He wants to talk to the Inquisition but is at the top of the group's hitlist for past events. And between his remaining cult fantatics and an implanted bomb linked to his bio-signs he will not die quietly.

That was a lot of text but I've had all of this worked out for two years. It sucks to have my group spread out across the country and my campaign on the backburner for other games.
>>
>>43790640
Why two primary weapons? (autogun and shotgun)
>>
Can Tau fire warriors suits survive out in the void?
I am asking becuase I am planning on having my PC's walk in voidsuits on the outside of a spacehulk in order to get to a special room. But the Tau have also found the hulk, and has sent a small fire warrior team (and earth caste) to investigate. But they are going to meet them in an airless corridor and (hopefully) have a fight. And on a further note, what type of self defence weapon could an earth caste scientist be armed with?
>>
>>43790858
Combat suits seem likelier
>>
>>43790873
I thought so too, but I do not want it to bee to hard fora first encounter on the space hulk
>>
>players have a quest for killing rival gang members
>gave them a location of an inn, where the gangers usually drink
>began searching for a fuel and manure
>they want to make a bomb out of it

Thats when i realized my friends are IRA in the making :D
>>
>>43786756
Rogue Trader: The PCs, having learned the location of a maiden world that had been isolated by a warp storm about to dissipate, got themselves to the location, and in order to get there before their competition drove their cruiser straight into the storm (the RT executed the the NPC voidmaster for trying to stop him), killing about 40% of the crew and seriously damaging the ship, but making it there in more or less one piece.
They explored the planet and found some Eldar relics and some pilgrims that had been trapped thre due to the warpstorm and gone native. Eventually the other RTs showed up, and the PCs got into a fight with one, a really nasty guy who had tried to kill them once before and had hired some Dark Eldar mercenaries to kill them after failing to do it personally.
Then all hell broke loose when a fleet of Chaos revaers led by the biggest nasties pirate lord in the Expanse showed up and started fighting everybody on the orbit, shelling the planet and blew up the PC's lander, forcing them to make their way to the lander of a RT they were on friendly terms with while everything was on fire, the chaos revaers were trying to kill everybody and some Eldar shoed up and also started killing everybody. On the way there they caught track of the asshole RT who they had previously defeated but who had escaped, and saw the DE turn on him for failing to uphold his part of their deal (he promised them slaves, but the PCs freed all the natives he had captured). Then the PCs had the bright idea to make their own deal with said DE to get off the planet quickly (There were still tens of kilometers of burning forest and Chaos dudes between them and their other way off planet). A short trip though the Webway later they're stranded on an uninhabited planet somewhere in the Calixis sector and owe a favour to a DE Archon.
>>
File: Close encounters.jpg (181 KB, 1280x688) Image search: [Google]
Close encounters.jpg
181 KB, 1280x688
>>43790844

Pic, related. Shotgun is a custom pattern that heavily relies on being in close range.
>>
>>43790881
Stealth suits? Exerimental homebrew space combat suits that aen't as powerful? The Tau have an actual excuse to have never-before seen prototype things on the battlefield
>>
>>43790873
Well, it doesn't have to be Riptides. XV-25s, stealth suits, are enviromentally sealed, so homebrew something of similar category and sick that on them.

It still won't be easy because Tau weapons are _that_ good. So make them few in numbers.
>>
>>43790895
Also, they learned that said Chaos reavers have access to Yu'vath relics. This, they realise, is a Very Bad Thing (the PCs, while otherwise fine with cold trade and minor tech-heresy, have been very quick to adopt "launch it into the nearest sun" as the standard responce to anything Yu'vath related after a few very nasty encounters).
>>
>>43790858
I believe they can. The armour is supposed to be sealed, although it's not really designed for void operations.
>>
>>43790928
I am not good with homebrewing but how does stealth suits with pulse crabines for easier movment sound rather than burst cannons and melta?
And perhaps the earth caste can be in a normal void suit, I can just say that it's made out of Tau tech etc...
>>
>>43790943
Alternatively, have them face drones instead of battlesuits.

As for the self-deence weapons for earth casters, I think it would make sense for them to not have any. The skill segregation between tau castes seems rather sharp, so giving out weapons to non-combatants that don't know how to use will most likely lead to more harm than good.
>>
>>43791003
Perhaps a single special tau suit along with some drones as a vanguard exploring the hulk around the earth caste and the rest of the fire warriors?
And as for weapons perhaps the scientist could use a laser/pulse tool as a makeshift weapon if he ever comes into combat
>>
File: MechaWhale_by_Ezekielsdoom.jpg (439 KB, 1024x765) Image search: [Google]
MechaWhale_by_Ezekielsdoom.jpg
439 KB, 1024x765
Thoughts on Xenaught Mecha Whales? According to their creator, they possess psychic capability and have interred conquered human civilizations into servitude.
>>
>>43791038
Where the fuck did you dig that out from?
>>
>>43791003
I think simple pulse pistols for the Earth caste engineers should be fine. Substandard BS and a still sufficiently beefy gun will make them at least good for suppressive fire.
>>
>>43791049
Site's literally called mechawhales.com

Take that as you will
>>
>>43791028
>Perhaps a single special tau suit along with some drones as a vanguard exploring the hulk around the earth caste and the rest of the fire warriors?

Depending on the PCs level, even a single suit can pose a problem, because at best it's AP 8, a weapon with 2d10+8 Pen 12 and other cheesy supplemental systems.

Hence why I propose to maybe discard battlesuits altogether, and have pcs face combat drones in vacuumed areas, controlled by a handler from a safe distance. Other forces can be made of fire warriors in non-battle void suits.
>>
>>43791133
I like this idea. But perhaps I can have a single battlesuit near the end of the campaign as a "boss" of some sort.
>>
So I was fiddling around making a Black Crusade character, and I picked up a Lesser Minion of Chaos. I was thinking having something along the lines of a kind of "hound" companion, but it brought up a few questions. Mainly:

1. Going through the minion creation, I got to the section of picking the minions three traits. Since it was supposed to be an animal, I picked Bestial. Does whether or not I actually take Bestial greatly impact how the minion will interact with it's surroundings? I only gave it an Intelligence of 1, but looking at bestial, I only really see downsides by taking it. It's doubtful that it will be able to make any survival checks in it's natural environment, it's willpower isn't that great, so if something jumps out and goes "boo" or hits it with a newspaper, it's just going to run and hide. I'm mainly just wondering if I'm wasting a trait here, when for all intents and purposes it could react and interacted with it's surrounds in the same manner.

2. If you don't put anything into "size" the default is 4. But what if I want it to be slightly bigger than 4? Can I just take it as "default" and then put a point into Size? Or by doing so, would it become the smallest size category? Do I have to wait for when I can upgrade the Minion Talent, in order to raise it's size category by one?
>>
>>43791147
If you think they can handle it, why not.

Check out Tau character guide for RT for suit weapons and systems, these can give you an idea of what to put in that suit.
>>
>>43786756

The players of my Black Crusade group were thrown into a world of intrigue between a mutiplanet alliance of chaos. They were presented with a few options of who to side with and this was to be the basis for further adventures.

Instead they fucked it up so hard the alliance was dissolved and the planet they were on was quite literally destroyed utterly.
>>
>>43791238
That sounds right up Chaos' alley
>>
>>43791202
>1. Going through the minion creation, I got to the section of picking the minions three traits. Since it was supposed to be an animal, I picked Bestial. Does whether or not I actually take Bestial greatly impact how the minion will interact with it's surroundings? I only gave it an Intelligence of 1, but looking at bestial, I only really see downsides by taking it. It's doubtful that it will be able to make any survival checks in it's natural environment, it's willpower isn't that great, so if something jumps out and goes "boo" or hits it with a newspaper, it's just going to run and hide. I'm mainly just wondering if I'm wasting a trait here, when for all intents and purposes it could react and interacted with it's surrounds in the same manner.

Read the "using a minion section" in more details. In short - if somebody slaps it with a newspaper in your presence it's unlikely to just turn the tail and flee. With a powefist - maybe, but not with a paper.

So, to answer your qusetion,

>Does whether or not I actually take Bestial greatly impact how the minion will interact with it's surroundings?

It should affect their behaviour, but not that dramatically.

Also, Int 1 - that's one dumb creature you got yourself. I can see it having basically a thumbler with three positions - Eat,Sleep, Bite - instead of brain.

>2. If you don't put anything into "size" the default is 4. But what if I want it to be slightly bigger than 4? Can I just take it as "default" and then put a point into Size? Or by doing so, would it become the smallest size category? Do I have to wait for when I can upgrade the Minion Talent, in order to raise it's size category by one?

You don't "put points" in Size, you get whatever size trait you want, it still costs 1 trait. Granted, Size 5 hound's head should be able to easily reach your shoulder, so do you really want it to be that big? That -10 to hit which comes with Size 4 doesn't seem like a bad deal.
>>
>>43791326
>Also, Int 1 - that's one dumb creature you got yourself. I can see it having basically a thumbler with three positions - Eat,Sleep, Bite - instead of brain.

Not that anon but due to the rules, minions have super fucked up stats, so common sense doesn't really apply for things like Intelligence for them
>>
>>43791219
The way RT handles Tau suits is kind of stupid, though. They're treated as armour, which works fine for the smaller suits but it's weird when a Riptide still has same toughness as the un-suited pilot.
Personally, I'd houserule XV8-chassis suits to give Unnatural Toughness 2x and Riptide Unnatural Toughness 3x, but only for the purposes of damage reduction (ie. if they have to take a toughness test, they get no benefit from waering a battlesuit).
>>
Huh... Enemies Beyond is already listed being "on the boat". They just announced that.

I wonder if they're hurrying to wrap up the whole 40k line in favor of more Star Wars.
>>
>>43791415
Since star wars is all the rage lately it might very well be. I'm still sad that they didn't release anything else for OW though, still so much that could be done.
>>
>>43791401
First and foremost, common sense does not apply to them because they are controlled by a typical player.

Either way, that probably sounded more imperative than it catually was. Think of it as a note on how I'd personally RPd such a thing.
>>
>>43791326
For clarity here's my minion.

Movement: 4/8/12/16
Wounds: 4
Soak: 6

Characteristics (100)
Weapon Skill: 20
Ballistic Skill: 01
Strength: 15
Toughness: 20
Agility: 20
Intelligence: 01
Perception: 05
Willpower: 17
Fellowship: 01

Skills (4)
Awareness
Dodge
Intimidate
Stealth

Talents(5)
Berserk Charge
Heightened Senses (Hearing)
Takedown
Double Team
Resistance (Fear)

Traits (3)
Bestial
Quadruped
Natural Weapons (Primative (7))

Gear
Guard Flak Armour

I've just now reread over the Trading Traits section, and now realize that there are some traits with (X-X) that you can simply just pick which number they're at. I'm playing a Chaos Space Marine if that makes any difference. Anything anybody could suggest to help improve my Minion? It's sadly doubtful that I'll ever be able to play a Black Crusade game, but I thought it would be fun to try making a character for it.
>>
>>43791409
>They're treated as armour, which works fine for the smaller suits but it's weird when a Riptide still has same toughness as the un-suited pilot.

I don't see how this is weird. By the same logic, should we give Unnatural Tougness to tank crews?

If anything, I'd question why riptide has only 14 AP. Granted, AP soak is far from it's only defense, but still, kinda underwhelming.
>>
>>43791533
Vehicles has their own stats, though. I haven't read through vehicle rules for a while, but I do recall them having an equivalent of wounds (structure points or something). No toughness, though, as the vehicles does damage migitation based on its armour value (which is typically very high) rather than the armour+toughness living creatures have.
>>
>>43791511
Wait, so I can just TAKE things like Regeneration or Unnatural Characteristic at the max number allotted? That seems a little op. I mean sure, it's still a minion, but...Still.
>>
>>43791594
You seem to be forgetting that minions are always or at least, SHOULD always be created with the GM, and ultimately moderated by him. Technically you can do some hideous things with the BC system - like hitting dozens of times per round and dealing damage in the thousands for instance - but there's always the element of moderation that a GM brings that people overlook.
>>
>>43791642
Best thing about the minion system is that it allows me to have a Reaver Titan-sized creature (Size 10) as a pet for mere 250 xp.
>>
>>43791642
But that's for creating a higher level Minion. I would feel that this minion I created would be fairly ok in terms of power level. If I were to take the higher level minion talents, and upgrade my minion... I don't really see where the GM should be able to dictate what I could give it, within reason of course. It's not like I'm randomly going to start giving this hound thing psyker powers, or make it Soul-bound or something. I think the argument that it's simply becoming a more effective killing machine would be suitable enough statement to allow me to pick such things as maxed Trait numbers.
>>
>>43791452
OW definitely needs at least an Aeronautica book and a counterpart to Shield of Humanity for expanding the other specialties not covered in that.
>>
>>43791731
To think, that not a single 40k RPG line has stats for a Valkyrie.

Some RT book has statline for a nerfed variant of one, but that doesn't count.
>>
>>43791297

They seemed pretty dejected about it actually, but I can't deny that fucking things up is 100% up Chaos's alley.
>>
>>43791703
And with those stats, it will be a Reaver Titan-sized marshmallow pretty much
>>
>>43791703
I prefer to use the Minion rules they revised for First Founding. All the traits and talents and such are categorized and explained better, and they smoothed out some of the more odd parts.

Like Size only goes up to 7 (Massive) there, and you need to pick a Greater Minion (well, Follower) to get it.

Although a Reaver sized Minion does sound fun.
>>
>>43791842
>Reaver-sized blob monster

Look me in the eye and tell me that's not cool.
>>
>>43791860
>it dies to a single autogun barrage

Yep, that's not cool alright
>>
File: Stay-puft-marshmallow-man[1].jpg (40 KB, 397x331) Image search: [Google]
Stay-puft-marshmallow-man[1].jpg
40 KB, 397x331
>>43791842
>>
>>43791882
The situational Intimidation modifiers ALONE could halt anybody from actually taking an action to actually shoot the thing.
>>
Two weeks till I bring my Only War game to an end and bring back up our Rogue Trader game.

Is there an official or unofficial guide to ranks past 8 for rogue trader in the vein of Ascension for Dark Heresy?
>>
>>43791884
Enemies Beyond better have stats for proton packs.
>>
I got the party wiped!

pride, but also guilt.
>>
Anyone have links to deathwatch pdf's? Specifically the supplements like rites of battle, etc.
>>
>>43791909
Not that I know of.

Which is kind of a bummer. Rogue Trader is a game about running a vast interstellar trade empire, projecting economic and political power over the Imperium and beyond. Yet none of the numerous books bother to actually cover any of that. Beyond a single number on a character sheet, of course.

That kind of goes for Black Crusade too. It really needed more stuff on higher level shit like toppling sector governments, building fleets and armies and such. You know, actually being a champion of Chaos. The material in Tome of Decay wasn't nearly enough.
>>
File: psy-engine.png (467 KB, 546x713) Image search: [Google]
psy-engine.png
467 KB, 546x713
>>43791914
There's the Callophean Psy-Engine from Radical's Handbook. It looks a bit like one.
>>
>>43792027
That thing is one of the most grimdark pieces of tech in the entire game

Like, Jesus
>>
>>43792059
what is the fluff behind the piece of tech?
>>
Can someone PLEASE post the OP copypasta? Fuck the haters

>>43792083
It's disembodied psyker brains in a tank, which are tormented into generating the psychic charge the gun shoots out.
>>
>>43792097

Because you asked nicely:

For all your questions on Dark Heresy (1st and 2nd Editions), Rogue Trader, Deathwatch, Black Crusade, and Only War.

Book Repositories (mega is more comprehensive and up to date)
https://mega.nz/#F!Pl0UgbJa!vDtTXMKnvZ26fUbuw4X9tg
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/z7zgas8lm1cw2#mk26o8f7w9uxm (Not working, anyone have a good link?)

Enemies Without:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/l7lem6jxxnl6nu2/Enemies+Without.pdf

40K RPG tools, a site that contains stats or references for almost all weapons, armour and NPCs/adverseries. Not updated past DH2 core.
http://www.40krpgtools.com/

40k RPG Combined Armory (v5.43.150418), containing every piece of gear in all five lines. Not updated with any DH2 content.
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/i3akv9qx9q05z

Fear and Loathing (Ver 1.5.2) and The Fringe is Yours (Ver 1.5.1), /tg/ made Rogue Trader homebrew supplements for playable xenos, Knights, Horus Heresy gear, and other things
http://www.mediafire.com/view/kpl4pvkdiidvg6n/Fear_and_Loathing.pdf
http://www.mediafire.com/view/nf19t1z8p2prwrx/The_Fringe_is_Yours.pdf
>>
>>43792155
Dank you anon

Have an old, old party portrait of ours in return. Only one PC pictured is still alive, try and guess which
>>
>>43792271

On the one hand, it's Dark Heresy, so that Humphrey Bogart looking guy seems like the most obvious choice since he's the most detective looking.
On the other hand, that Guardsmen looks like he's seen some shit and will continue to see some shit for the foreseeable future.
>>
>>43792307
Ding ding ding! Though not a Guardsman but in fact an Untouchable, that Frontier world-ass motherfucker is still alive precisely because not even Daemons like him! Despite this, he is now Inquisitor.
Sadly, the detective (my PC) perished when smashing two meltabombs into the arch-heretek of a sector-wide malefic heresy. He is now considered an Imperial Saint.
And the psyker, well, the psyker blew himself and the party up multiple times and went off the deep end of heresy, only to finally end eaten by the Warp. Good riddance!
>>
Can someone remember where in the 40K RPG rules I can find references to targetting an empty square? I thought it would be mentioned along with grenades, but nooo.
>>
I appreciate this might be a silly question, but has anyone played serious, heavy and depressing 40k game?
>>
>>43792569
I'd say our current DH 2e campaign ( >>43792397
>>43792271 ) fits that bill to a degree, even if we cannot stop being silly billies at times. Failure to stop heresies in time and the subsequent death of billions are behind us, not to mention the squabblings of the Holy Ordos.
>>
>>43792513
Don't you just roll for attack normally, then if you miss check the scatter table?
>>
So I'm playing a Heavy in Only War who is starting out with a Multi-Laser.

Aside from Bulging Biceps and Target Selection; what talents do I need so I can /be/ the Heavy? I was also thinking about sticking with the Mutli-Laser rather than swapping weapons.
>>
>>43791731
They even said that they were going to publish a book with expanded rules for when players become big shots officers and lead massive battles, you could have easily put most of the still needed stuff there:

rules for high rank careers
since officers are involved schola progenium is lampshaded
advanced specialties for commissars and storm troopers
which leads to stats for valkyries, taurox and other stuff
>>
>>43792816
Specialised talents in your weapon of choice, but I'd suggest getting at least a weapon with high pen to deal with armored enemies/vehicles. Look into the sentry advanced specialty, it's got an interesting comrade perk for high rof weapons
>>
File: 1436108049798.png (38 KB, 318x472) Image search: [Google]
1436108049798.png
38 KB, 318x472
I'm thinking about rolling up DH2 Ace. Anyone had any experience with it?
Does your group use vehicles often? Is ace useless outside driving/piloting stuff?
>>
>>43792868
I could pick up a Melta Gun, its the other preferred weapon. Or snag a grenade launcher with krak grenades in it.

But the regiment we're playing wont be dealing with lot of vehicles at least (hopefully) due to the fact we're playing void ship boarders.
>>
>>43792868
Multilaser is the best weapon in the game for that sort of char. Check out what all the las fuckery things get. With anti armor it especially works great.

One of them heavy weapons ogryn with a commander ally can mulch CSM in one hit, and can melt titans and land raiders in one round, by 5000 xp or so -- and note that this isn't the standard level of badassery for a 5000 xp char (starting BC chars are 7000 xp and starting DW chars are 13000).
>>
So /tg/ what is your most lore-breaking character/event/group/thing you've written/experienced in an adventure?
>>
>>43793571
My RT party's Rogue Trader named his dynasty Harlock.

We've been going at it for years now, and I'm still not sure whether to try and reconcile this with the Haarlocks' existence or just conveniently leave them out of my version of Calixis/Koronus
>>
>>43793761
You could work them as being a distant ofshoot of the family that avoided Erasmus Haarlock's purging of his house and/or changed their name (very slightly) to avoid association with the line.
>>
>>43793942
That's what I have been thinking to do. The time just never came to actually mention it
>>
Finally skimmed through Radical's Handbook for real... My god, I love DH1 fluff. Same for RT.
>>
>>43794676
funny, I'm reading it as well as we speak. Love older editions.
>>
>>43794707
Some of the spookier RT fluff (Like the planets in Edge of the Abyss) still gives me the shivers
>>
>>43793942
While conveniently leaving a door open for them to strike a legit claim on the whole Haarlock dynasty.
>>
>>43794780
My biggest problem is that I don't quite know the whole Haarlock business cause I never had the patience to chew through an entire DH adventure chain I don't intend to ever run anyways
>>
So I just learned that first edition of Warhammer 40k was actually Rogue Trader and that's where the name initially comes from. I also learned that it was actually a combination of a PNP RPG, Sci Fi freeroam video games like Freelancer and the X series, and the tabletop wargaming that's now associated with Warhammer instead of just being tabletop wargaming like it is now. Is the FFG version of Rogue Trader like that? Where we can be a bunch of guys roaming through space doing all sorts of shit while also having our own little army of IG/Space Marine based guys?
>>
>>43795684

Less army/SM commanding, but yes, Rogue Trader is the most free form of the WH40KRPG systems. Black Crusade comes in second, Dark Heresy third, Deathwatch fourth and finally Only War last.
>>
>>43794809
I've read it a long time ago. From my memory, Erasmus Haarlock (I think that was the guy's name) was one of the claimant for the position of the head of the very wealthy and powerful Haarlock dynasty. However, he wasn't the only one, and what started as a dispute over succession turned into an outright war. One of Erasmus's rivals tried to have him assassinated but failed. However, his beloved wife (and their child as well, IIRC) died in the process. Mad with grif, Haarlock wiped out every single member of his dynasty, and started studying all kinds of xenotech and warp-magic in an effort to bring his wife back. After a very long time and huge sacrifices (both literal and figurative) he eventually built a device that should let him go back in time and save his wife or something, but it didn't work as he intented, trapping him in the Warp and turning him into a daemonic mnstrosity or something (the details are a bit hazy and I don't think the campaign's explanation on what exactly he was trying to achieve and what happened was quite clear). The campaign is about the doorway he built opening again and the thing that was Haarlock emerging back into the world unless stopped by the PCs.
>>
>>43795684
You're more like a Merchant Prince and his Privy Council having space adventures, and turning a profit.

You can do everything, examples including colonisation, piracy, conquest, resource "harvesting", trade with xenos, or even just charting unknown space and interacting with previously unknown xenos.

It is the 40K RPG which gives you the most freedom, as if you don't like something you can literally catch a shuttle or teleport up to your personal spaceship, and fuck off to another solar system.

So really you have to have a REASON to be somewhere, meaning you have to have chosen your own reason.
>>
>>43796467
>meaning you have to have chosen your own reason.
Usually, that reason is "I want the Archeotech/resources/Xeno Artifacts/other that's stashed here", "I want to start a colony, and I think the Nightmare World of Ungoliant would be SMASHING for it once we clear out all the spiders", or "Oi, that Carnifex's a big one, I'm gonna mount its 'ead on me wall!" Going around as Grimdark Kirk is acceptable but not recommended.
>>
>>43796705
inb4 some troll asks "who"
>>
File: Kirk.png (255 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
Kirk.png
255 KB, 600x300
>>43796749
>>43796705
You guys are talking about this guy, right? I love those movies!
>>
>>43796804
y u do dis, anon ;-;
>>
So, 2 sessions ago, we restarted our rogue trader campaign because our GM fucked up, he started us off in imperial space and we kind of built up a sizable fleet within a number of sessions, so when we got booted into the expanse we could basically just wave our dicks around and do whatever the fuck we wanted. We rolled new characters, and have a rogue trader who isnt playing a comedy role which makes things a lot better
>now playing an arch-militant, Chem-Dog who took out his units commissar, disguised himself as said commissar and got the fuck out
>took on jobs as a mercenary and an assassin, made his way into our rogue traders employ and has stuck with him, acting as an intimidation tool and attack dog, rivals go missing or are found in too many pieces to count
>frequently employed for political killings to cause unrest and disorder among the population
>in session, we started the first bit of the lure of the expanse campaign or whatever it is, psyker bitch and thugs show up to steal our map thing
>at this point i'm packing 2 stub automatics with amputator shells, and a power sword thats closer to a machete than a sword
>rest of the party lays down suppressing fire, i go full retard and spray one dude down, he's mulched, another guy bites it from voidmaster's shotgun
>psyber raven gets shot down, bitch grabs the stone thing, rogue trader gets her in the forearm with a plasma pistol, arm is now in half, she drops the stone, runs away
>one mook left, i charge him and swing for the legs
>roll a 7, basically WS 53, bye bye legs
>take him in for questioning after making sure he wont bleed to death
cant wait for the next session
i need to find a situatiom where i can murder somebody and tell everybody present to GIVE WAR A CHANCE
>>
>>43796900
what mistakes were made by your DM?
>>
>>43797024
ehhh, this is his first time running RT, and our first time playing, and he basically just let us snowball our fleet into a whole bunch of ships that would let us just run over most enemies in the expanse, though it worked fine in imperial space because we couldnt just kill people left and right, but in the expanse we could just go I AM THE LAW and kill whoever fucked with us
>>
In our last session, our IG squad had just infiltrated behind enemy lines in an attempt to locate and extract our cell of Inquisitional Acolytes who were pinned down in a ruined Cathedral after being cut-off from the extraction point. The Adepts had successfully secured a high-priority asset and was trying to get her out under a secure guard but got spotted by Eldar.

Meanwhile, our Deathwatch support is trying to murder-hobo their way through the ruined Imperial Capital and is using the spotted High-Priority Asset as bait to try and ambush the Farseer or it's council.

Our Navy Escort is trapped in High Orbit and being plinked by a few Eldar Solaris Light Cruisers and wants to GTFO. Best they can do is use the local moons in a big ol' game of Mario Kart and just try to stay one-step ahead of the speedy fuckers.
>>
Anybody else have some meme-spewing autist ruin what was a nice game?

New guy the GM invited showed up for Deathwatch: iron hands assault marine, char description was a link to the Chapter Master Smashfucker article.
>>
>>43797800

Come up with an in-character reason to kill him.
Or just tell the GM to uninvite him

>>43797327

Ah, you guys doing a parallel campaign thing? I was thinking of doing that with my group. Does it work well?
>>
>>43798472
I once ran a DH oneshot for my RT party that took place in their ramshackle graverobber settlement

The main party ended up having to clean up the mess, and the RT murdered his own DH PC for a Halo device.
>>
anyone have any ideas for a mechanicus assassin's backstory and motivations?
>>
>>43799954
He was a poor fucker on a Forge World who stole a loaf of bread to feed his family. The Mechanicus grabbed him, mind-cleansed him, flayed his face off and replaced it with a mask, and trained him to kill hereteks. He kills hereteks for the glory of the Omnissiah and occasionally has flashes of who he used to be.
>>
File: 1371010823942.jpg (190 KB, 600x1071) Image search: [Google]
1371010823942.jpg
190 KB, 600x1071
>>43790817
This is a question for you as well as everyone else in the thread-how do you handle (or are planning) a face to face encounter with an alpha level psyker as the gm that does not result in game over or Kilgrave ensues?
>>
>>43800577
Rogue Trader party here. Orbital bombardment, opening with a vortex torpedo wherever the alpha-level is. Face-to-Face? With my GM, i listen to the voice in the back of head screaming about blood and skulls, and hope to get a collar so i can close the distance into RIP N TEAR. Still 98% chance of party wipe
>>
>>43799954

An almost-heretek who uses his position of killing people to gain access to their sweet, sweet heretical technology for his own gain.
>>
>>43798472

We've been running/playing in a DH, BC, OW and RT campaigns for the past two or so years now - rotating between the games to keep it fresh and depending on which players could rock up. Only a few of us had multiple characters over multiple campaigns. We assumed they were also separate, but it turns out the GM had been intertwining them tighter and tighter as the game progressed.

Initially we could see some of the obvious cross overs - Marines were sent out on missions where the IG squad had failed. Those missions were often dictated by what the Inquisitor and his Acolytes had discovered and passed on to the Imperium.

The only weak link was Black Crusade, but it turns out they're the ones that have been stirring up the Eldar and this whole fucking campaign we have against them has been their response to try and increase Imperial presence in the sector to notice their fucking activities.
>>
>>43801417

That's pretty cool. Unfortunately me and my group only rotate between BC and DH so having them play directly against themselves wouldn't work too well, as you described.
>>
File: 99120101138_SMDemiCompany01.jpg (65 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
99120101138_SMDemiCompany01.jpg
65 KB, 600x620
i was going to get into space marines and was curious if this was a good thing to pick up. i wanted to make them Exorcists and wanted to know if this could be turned into them lore wise.
>>
Anybody ever used Feral Orks, Exodites, Renegade Feral/Feudal Worlders as enemies?

If so, how'd it go, how did you deal with the lack of advanced weaponry or dinosaurs, squiggoths, the like?

>>43803819
wrong thread, here's the 40k general: >>43799951
>>
>>43803894
My plan is to put the feral orks in a jungle so thick that it doesn't physically allow for long range los and go full aztec zulu. They better invest in their awareness to at least hear them or get bonuses to initiative.
>>
>>43803894
I've used them in the past and am planning on using them some more
Essentially horde rules make anyone anyone's bitch
The principles behind a hectopeasant are real, when you've got swords, not even mono-swords just swords, and enough people with them, you can close the gap easily and drown anyone in bodies
Beyond open warfare, they generally tend to be masters of being outdoors and as such are probably good at guerrilla warfare, and even if that's not their deal they can withstand the elements better than most who are dependent on technology can simply because their field repairs are a smith and his anvil whereas the more advanced generally require a priest of mars to unfuck their broken weaponry and generally have a lot less to spare whereas finding another sword is less difficult than finding another bolter
>>
>>43803894
>Renegade Feral/Feudal Worlders
Sneaky fuckery. Invite the PCs into your home, have a ninja ganksquad try to kill them in their sleep. It failed, and only one guy didnt wake up before the ninjas attacked. The ninjas were taken care of fairly easily, but then the rest of the court had sealed the door to the tower and set fire to it's wooden bits. PCs escaped via being tossed into the moat and the explorator floating down. Fire, environmental effects, sneak attacks and trickery work pretty well whether you're in a hive or a castle.

The other option is to have some kind of super-relic weapon. One adventure was a drunken romp through not!HRE in search of the legendary sword of something-or-other, a weapon without peer that could slice through armour like it was tin and seemed to sing as it was swung. Turned out to be the last surviving monosword on the planet, which was completely worthless to an RT crew but invaluable to feudalists. Not so much a threat but it still made for a fun campaign. And who knows? it could end up being an archeotech powersword instead. Give that to the ultimate champion swordsman of the dirtball and see how many limbs the PCs lose.
>>
>>43803894
Exodites have Dragon mounts and can call friends.
Orks have raw brute strength, and low cunning.
Feral Worlder's can turn the planet against you.
Feudal Worlder's can fight quite well against small groups of individuals, and they are frequently some of the bravest and most persistent enemies, if not the most educated.
>>
>>43803989
why did they want to kill you guys?
>>
>>43804240
The explorator and RT were more than mildly caustic, and the explorator set fire to the alchemists lab for 'forbidden experiments' that was the player roleplaying, not me telling him to, i dont think the admech takes offence to basic stuff like gunpowder, right?. It pretty much rolled down to 'these guys claim to be aliens, do they take us for fools' combined with the fact that they destroyed the cutting edge laboratory, and they also wanted the RTs chainsword and he refused to sell it to them
>>
>>43804240
>>43804284
oh, and they came down out of nowhere and demanded a place to sleep after acting like assholes during a day-long tour and ridiculing the feudal's everything.
>>
>>43796705
I am planning to do just that in RT campaign
>>
Does anyone have any input on the Stryxis? My RT party has kind of soured their relations permanently with the whole bunch, and the Stryxis' wrath will probably fall upon the human world the party has just discovered. Since the Stryxis are slavers, it's kind of obvious that they'll probably enslave the humans while also setting up an ambush for the party as they return to exploit the system... But it feels like something's missing to really spice this chain of events up
>>
>>43792155
Many thanks anon.
>>
>>43790858
>what type of self defence weapon could an earth caste scientist be armed with?
The Earth caste aren't expected to fight at all and are probably crap at it as a consequence, so either some kind of defence drone or some last-ditch pistol. Probably something small with little ammo but a heavy punch and some automatic aiming system. A fire-and-forget Spray weapon could also be likely.
>>
>>43796241
The Haarlocks in general also have a history of being into spooky business and warpcrafting. If I remember things correctly, their house has a few passages that don't fit or make sense in three-dimensional space.
>>
>>43791930
Wat
>>
If I roll a logistics test to get more ammo in OW, how many clips do I get? In the same way, what if I want more ammo as part of the standard kit? Do I get just one? Two?
>>
>>43793042
>Does your group use vehicles often?
Really depends on the world you are on. In my game, the world is partially desert, partially tundra, so autocarriages and bikes see a lot of use.
>Is ace useless outside driving/piloting stuff?
Only if you expressly build that way. You will be good with tech, agility based capacities, and shooting. I ended up making Mad Max in my game, and it got hardcore real fast when the orks showed up.
>>
>>43803894
I used feral orks on giant boar mounts, feral orks riding a squiggoth, and feral orks gone kommando.
My players will never forgive me for the last one.
>>
>>43804018
>Dragon mounts

are there any stats for that in any splatbook or fanmade things?

Same for Squiggoth?
>>
>>43805341
you get one clip, but you can roll on a -10 to get five, ona -20 to get 20 (50?) etc
>>
File: Rogue-Trader.jpg (87 KB, 900x632) Image search: [Google]
Rogue-Trader.jpg
87 KB, 900x632
Had a short but successful rogue trader campaign, just ended last session

They did some incidental heresy until things got so fucked up the Inquisition got involved, to summarize within a period of about 8 months they: had found an ancient long extinct xenos biological super-weapon they intended to sell for cold trade, but instead got stolen by a mysterious Traitor-Inquisitor and Ahriman; helped an Imperial governor that had abandoned his duties escape justice; captured a synthetic cyborg and sold him off to some hereteks on the fringe of the Hadex Anomaly, not to mention that during this capture they killed several imperial agents and arbiters.

It took a while and they finally got picked up when they went to a trade hub to get a new vessel and sign on some new crew, because of their status and knowledge of the incidents they weren't immediately executed, they got dragged to Erioch and interrogated by several parties, they were judged by a Grey Knight and after a grueling going over they finally were deemed loyal to the throne. This didn't solve the issue of their crimes however. It was around this time they finally got told that the super weapon that had been stolen from them had been used, to destroy two entire Imperial worlds.

Their punishment was that they permanently attached a puritan Inquisitor to their vessel as a watchdog, and they were given the choice of doing jobs for the Inquisition when called upon, or be destroyed for heresy

within a week the Rogue Trader killed the Inquisitor for insulting his honor (he slapped his hand reaching for something) He then declared to his crew that they were going rogue in order to absolve themselves of their crimes, this caused a split but nothing violent, about 1/3 of the crew left on the smaller frigate, presumably to turn themselves in.

part 1/?
>>
File: RT_Bridge.jpg (642 KB, 720x1080) Image search: [Google]
RT_Bridge.jpg
642 KB, 720x1080
>>43805508
part 2/?

It took some shaking down, and some road tripping around the Hadex Anomaly, but eventually they zeroed in on a Spacehulk in the middle of fucking nowhere, they delved in alone without the crew and spent over a day traveling deeper into that deathtrap.

Finally they came across a Space Marine keeping watch, maintaining his armor, they ambushed and killed him, then the Trader got the brilliant idea of craming himself into the suit as a disguise, it didn't fit, he walked funny, and there was absolutely no way he could have fought while in it, but he could walk and talk, that was good enough.

They found their way deeper into the base and actually managed to get past the meager security and it turned out luckily for them the guy they had killed on watch was of a decent rank. they eventually ended up finding and partially listening in on the Traitor-Inquistor and Ahriman talking to none other than Abbadon himself (of course he was only a psychic projection, not actually there)

During their listen in though they learned of the weapons location, after lurking their way there they discovered the facility was being used to make airbursting bombs that would disperse the virus via atmosphere, a weapon to end all virus weapons

It was then the Rogue Trader told the rest of the party to bolt as fast as they could, while he did the deed. He waited a time for them to get along their way, climbed out of the armor, and then got atop one of the racks and addressed the confused/confounded Arch Hereteks, Traitor-Magos and SM guards in the room with a rousing speech

>I AM ALFEUS SOLAR, FIRST OF MY NAME, IN THE NAME OF THE GOD EMPEROR OF MANKIND I SENTENCE YOU TO DIE!
>>
>>43805417
I wish I could find them still. I had the squiggoth.
>>
>>43805508
>>43805580
neat read
>>
File: Ahriman_battle.jpg (202 KB, 682x1020) Image search: [Google]
Ahriman_battle.jpg
202 KB, 682x1020
>>43805580
part 3/3

He then revealed that he had eight plasma grenades and a couple melta bombs, between his suprise round and burning his fate points for the next couple, he managed to prime them all

I personally imagined the scene with him being shot down in slow motion as he primes and throws explosvives all around himself as this plays https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bosouX_d8Y

The remains of the party escaped the hulk and survived, they watched the hulk tear itself apart in a massive fireball and then some warp detonation from within sucked it into the immaterium.

They then went and turned themselves in, they were absolved for their crimes, but were dispersed to various jobs in the sector instead of being granted their warrant of trade back.

The Explorator became a leading bio-scientist and is currently interred at Erioch studying Xenos

The sneaky sanctioned xeno bodyguard Kroot was swept up by an Inquisitor and taken off to do god knows what, along with a hefty amount of the now dead Trader's loot

The Arch Militant and the Ship's Crew were formed into a blacklist Inquisitorial regiment, and were shipped off to fight the horrors of the Jericho Reach

The Void Master was given a command and went back the Imperial Navy

The Navigator was sold off, good riddance, the weird igor looking bastard

The Astropath was also picked up by the Inquisitor that took the Kroot.

The Rogue Trader was absolved of all crimes, his name was interred in the tower of heroes, for saving hundreds of billions of Imperial lives with his sacrifice

Nobody knows the fate of the Traitors on board the hulk, but I can pretty much guarantee Ahriman managed to gate out, the fagatron.
>>
>>43805626
>between his suprise round and burning his fate points for the next couple, he managed to prime them all

aren't you taken out of combat and made unconcious if you burn your fatepoint?
>>
File: Question_mark_(black_on_white).png (43 KB, 749x946) Image search: [Google]
Question_mark_(black_on_white).png
43 KB, 749x946
>>43786756
I have a question which popped to my head today. So all an all war is eternal, humans are fucked, nids are coming, eldar are dying, chaos is doing another anal crusade, orkz just do dey fing which iz bashin some gitz ta pieces, etc, etc.
We have recorded history of loyal space marine chapters that went rogue/were forced to by events/false accusations of corrupted inquisitors/having a dick primarch who is so butthurt that decides to say "I hate you dad!" and so on.
But were there space marines (and or bands/chapters) that were "excomunnicated" but managed somehow to get back on the path of light, good graces, clean underwear, cut their own tentacles, said fuck you khorne I smoke a lot of weed to deal with my anger issues/etc?

Do we have any form of redemption (that doesn't involve dying horribly from torture) for them guys that went a bit off the road but came back?

I want some stories/chapters space smurf fluff/lore/hero/etc stuff that depicts/describes/shows that kind of thing.
Any1?
>>
>>43805689
There is a story about several marine chapters that were denounced by a high ranking cardinal and forced to go on a penitent crusade into the eye of terror.
10-100 years later, the survivors return and murder the fuck out of the guy, who ended up confirmed a chaos cultist.
>>
>>43805673
I rule of cool'd it, In my games I let a burn FP bring you out of critical and receive 1d5 wounds

Also I mean he was burning through 4 of them
>>
More of a fluff question, might belong in the 40kGen:

Is there a Dark Angels equivelent to the Angels Vermillion? A chapter that's more like "fuck this Unforgiven shit" than the other ones?

Because I love me some monk robes.

(News flash assholes: you know how *NOT* to earn the emperor's forgiveness? Keep fucking up Imperial war plans, that's how...)
>>
>>43805689
The Soul Drinkers maybe, but they obviously didn't come back into the fold of the Imperium
>>
>>43805707
I know this one, some remnants came back, but it was like few hundred years later after the guy judging them died and was elevated to sainthood. they came back and rekt his cults, statues and told everyone how full of shit that guy was and so on (he sent about 10 or 20 chapters straight into the eye of terror on a "crusade"... 50% died/went missing, 40% turned traitors and started to rekt shit around the eye - because nothing says "I'm angry" like glassing couple of star systems, 10% came back pissed as fuck and probably gonna die soon anyway : extinction due to low stock of gene seed/not enough recruits/destroyed homeworlds/etc)
This shit always pissed me off.
Angels can fall for sins, but devils cannot rise above their petty desires and be something ... different.
So any more ideas on Bad Guys coming back to the Brighter Side of the Force?
>>
>>43805785
Badab War, minus Astral Claws.
>>
>>43805726
Yes. The Angels of Absolution. They believe themselves already absolved of the sins of the Fallen, though they still help in the hunt when given the opportunity.
>>
>>43805798
Technically they're still earning their forgiveness, apart from maybe the mantis warriors, but yes, you can be given a chance if you're not corrupted but just misguided.
>>
>>43805884
Yep, Mantis Warriors "lost" their Red Hunters watchdogs and basically said, "Well, guess the crusade's over guys. Good job!"
>>
Imperial Cult Astares:
White Consuls
Fire Angels

Anyone else?
>>
>>43806079
Black Templars (Remember, belief in the God-Emperor is not belief in the Ecclesiarchy. Sabastion Thor understood that).
>>
When I look at enemy stats, is the damage their melee weapons do already accounting for the S bonus and talents, or is that the base damage and I add the rest to that?
>>
>>43806885
It definitely accounts for their strenght bonus
>>
>>43806885

Depends on the edition. But generally speaking it's easy to tell, just look at their strength bonus and compare it to the stats of the weapon their using.
>>
>>43805626
Despite being a disgusting pile of lore-breakary, that made for an amusing read
>>
Can you roleplay as tau in any of them yet?
>>
>>43805689
The Lamenters sided with Huron during the Badab war but were later granted forgiveness
>>
>>43807649
RT has a Tau guide. There's also Shas' homebrews.
>>
>>43807649

Kill yourself faggot
>>
>>43794044
This would work perfectly with the adventure House of dust and ash
>>
The Shotlas: is it worth picking up or should I stick to a normal shotgun?
>>
>>43808981
I didn't even know it existed. What's the statline? No better way to check which one is better unless you heavily specialise in one class of weapons.
>>
>>43809375
Basic, 20m, S/3/-, 1d10+4 E, Pen 1, Clip 40, Reload 2 full, +3 damage at Point Blank range, max range is only twice the listed Range instead of 4x, Scarce.
>>
>>43808281
Muh timeline though

DH 1e takes places at the end of M41, and my RT party has just about crossed M41.820 as Rogue Trader takes place round that time
>>
>>43787592
What is your death world like?
>>
File: 1197912336525.jpg (77 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1197912336525.jpg
77 KB, 600x800
Guys, I've been toying with some ideas to escape the crippling poverty we are currently in and hoping I can get some feedback here.

Things we need:

>High Int character (preferably a tech-priest for x2 unnatural intelligence trait from good quality cerebral implant)
>Aptitudes: Intelligence, Knowledge
>Commerce +30
>Mastery: Commerce

I think you know where this is going, right?
Let's assume our tech-priest's Int bonus is 7, influence 50

>invoke "The emperor provides.." mechanics
>spend a fate point to automatically pass the Commerce (+0) test with 7 DoS
>get +70 to the requisition test
>90% to obtain a very rare item, 70% for near unique items
>we could also attempt to obtain a damaged weapon for further +20 for the requisition test, although this would require a skilled armourer
>however, this is a service, which can be procured - and with good influence bonus hiring best artificier on the planet is more likely than not
>????
>profit (or rather, get everything broken and taken away from you by a vengeful DM)
>>
File: 1216574415763.jpg (44 KB, 700x350) Image search: [Google]
1216574415763.jpg
44 KB, 700x350
>>
>>43810060
would that work?
>>
>>43810060
... You're complaining about being impoverished, and your plan assumes you'll be able to acquire a Good Quality, Near Unique (Extremely Rare with Ad-Mech) item?

As well as a skill at its maximum ranks, and the Mastery talent?

Also I'm fairly sure that using Commerce in such a way runs off the Fellowship characteristic, rather than Intelligence.
>>
>>43811982
not while I'm GMing
*shakes fist at rulebook*
>>
>>43812769
No reason why you shouldn't potentially let them if I've got to be honest.

Acquiring the kind of stuff they're going to be going for is going to smash their Subtlety to shreds. Once for the broken device, one for the guy to fix it.

Plus the guy's going to have invested a LOT of stuff in getting his stats that high, neglecting other areas of advancement.

There's no reason to pull your punches just because he wanted to be a bean counter.
>>
>>43812849
Fair enough, but it would invoke the GM's wrath from me if done more than once.
>>
>>43812891
I'm not saying that he should abuse it, but really if I'm going to have spent about 1,400 experience on something, I'd really like to use it more frequently than normal.

Plus, that Commerce check is opposed and when you're dealing with people who have that kind of rare gear, you'll be damn sure they have their own accountants and high-pressure negotiators.
>>
>>43809529
Doesn't look that bad if it has the variable setting rule, assuming you stay in point blank range where those 10 less meters in range won't matter
>>
>>43812891
but why? it's like complaining snipers are shooty or assassins are choppy. Good team has variety of specialiations and if someone is good at procuring gear for the team at their own expense, so be it. you don't want your players have good gear only when you feel like handing it to them, do you?
>>
>>43812968
I run lower-tech, almost-milsim type campaigns (ex-Army officer DMing). The players are used to being dealt shit hands. My players didn't know what to do when I threw a plasma cannon their way, they just prefer the style of campaign I run in Only War. YMMV
>>
>>43809807
For now it's just generic jungle filled with lethal fauna and feral ork tribes that have reached critical mass and gathered to push humans away from the planet. Most of the human settlements have been overrun and the first light infantry regiment now holding the line has been fighting a drawn out retreat since they lack the manpower to decisively tip the balance.

The only heavy vehicles come from the armsmen a rogue trader looking for business in exchange for military help brought, but up until now they had orders to just hold the spaceport so the armsmen and the IG hate each other to the point where they regularly come to blows, sometimes with lethal results (the regiment I created has a regimental rivalry as a drawback).

It doesn't help that vanguard elements of an incoming WAAAAAGH! are composed of Kommando teams that go around using the feral orks as a diversion to disrupt imperal control of the planet. The warboss is a blood axes former merc and he's gonna exploit his knowledge to fuck shit up, now he wants to recruit the feral orks to get cheap orkpower and get his hands on a base of operations to launch new attacks from, so he's coming to stay.
>>
>>43813087
sounds sweet, anon, although they way you present it the issue wouldn't even appear in your group in the first place
>>
>>43812285
>Also I'm fairly sure that using Commerce in such a way runs off the Fellowship characteristic
it's intelligence, fel is just an alternative one
>>
>>43786756
One-shotted some niggas in the 2nd floor of an abandoned factory while my pals zerged the niggas in the 1st floor.

DH2 Sniper Rifle is awesome.
>>
>>43813958
>shotted niggas
>zerged the niggas
Detroit 40k
>>
>>43814011
We met some chinese folks in a street racing event. The GM didn't put some mexicans for the Minority Trio Theme, though.
>>
File: body roll.gif (917 KB, 500x403) Image search: [Google]
body roll.gif
917 KB, 500x403
>>43800577
Alpha level psykers, at least as they are presented in DH1 Ascension, aren't that difficult to deal with, mainly due to poor power choices. The key, of course, is that because they're an enemy, the GM is generally less concerned with avoiding psychic phenomena anyways, so you have to be careful of a ton of Pushing.

It really depends on what powers the Alpha is using, and whether or not they're using DH1 rules; if they are, and the GM has decided that Force Barrage is something interesting, clench your asshole, get as much armor as you can possibly muster (because it does have penetration), and stay in very heavy cover. Anti-psyker weaponry is a must; particularly, the Ascended Malleus Psycannon (which ignores protective benefits caused by psychic powers) is very useful here.

Lots of Adeptus Sororitas stuff helps as well, as does a r16 techpriest with access to Spess Mahreen gear. Or, you know, you can just get your own Primaris Psyker to deal with them.
>>
>>43814252
Err, meant to say force barrage doesn't have penetration (although it's already significantly overpowered).
>>
>>43791909
Some guy made a guide for that, links on the 1d4chan page, one sec...here you go

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2b-KRdbOmU5ZUhValhWcHBrTGs/view?pli=1
>>
what kind of stuff will i need to run dark heresy 2e in roll20?
>>
>>43786756
What kind of orders can I give as a Sergeant or Commissar or is it mostly GM and player discretion on how Command works?
>>
>>43815124
1) imagination
2) core PDF
3) 1+ player
4) internet connection
5) electricity
6) steady supply of breathable oxygen
7) water or some snacks so you don't need to make a break to grab something
8) roll20 account
9) this list
10) computer
11) a fork
12) gorilla suit
13) firm stance on fluxbox vs openbox debate
14) some personal space, but not too much
15) half-dried chinese noodles
16) II volume of chinese encyclopedia printed in the 70's
17) writen statements of viet cong supporters (xero copies would do)
18) reasons to invade Bangladesh
19) super glue with chocolate flavour
20) fear of balloons
>>
>>43815685
i meant online resources but the rest of that list looks pretty appropriate as well
>>
>>43815718
oh, sorry anon, thought you mean something else.

I only use two tools:
http://www.40krpgtools.com/armoury/weapons/
it also contains list of weapon qualities, bestiary and the such - very handy if you ask me
secondly, soundcloud. there is a lot of good music available there, but in case you need something very specific, it's worth setting up an account there and upload stuff you want.

obviously, books/PDFs open all the time. don't be afraid to make up stats on the fly and you should be fine.

I don't think I use 40krpgtools regularly - maybe once or twice per session.
>>
File: Primaris Psyker.jpg (378 KB, 854x1116) Image search: [Google]
Primaris Psyker.jpg
378 KB, 854x1116
>>43786756
We made characters. I have 3 players and 2 of them are total noobs to 40k and, well... let's just say we got an interesting part combination.
Leading the team we have a Shrine world born, Adeptus Ministrorum Hierophant, who is a junior inquisitor of sorts serving under the party's main inquisitor. He's hyper religious and loudly proclaims the good word of the Emperor wherever he goes
Following up we have a Hive World born, Adeptus Sororitas Warrior. She's playing her character as a Sister of Battle in training who was whisked away by the inquisitor before she could fully complete her training.
And finally... we have a psyker.
I have no idea how long that third player is going to last before the SoB or the Hierophant shoots him for being a witch. And considering they are Ordo Hereticus, there is a likely chance he's going to be affected by chaos at some point. This could be interesting.
>>
>>43816077

Just have the Inquisitor beat it into their heads that as monsterous as the psyker's existence is that he serves the Emperor in his own special way.
>>
File: 1447809670355.png (86 KB, 478x348) Image search: [Google]
1447809670355.png
86 KB, 478x348
>>43815685
>>
anyone have good suggestions for macguffins/plot points for dark heresy? i'm trying to come up with something better than investigate the cult in the hive city
>>
>>43819211
Investigate the cult on the garden world
>>
>>43815685
>no piss bottle
Pleb
>>
>>43819211
Start a in a hive city to draw out a bigger cult.
>>
>>43816077
That Psyker is a weapon, and those two must treat it accordingly. Squandering resources is a spit in the face of humanity's future
>>
>>43816077
An actual girl playing a sororitas? How odd. Most I've met prefer playing a cool sexy bitch assasins spy types
>>
>>43815262
I'd rule of thumb that you can give whatever orders you want as long as you don't contradict someone higher or equal on the chain of command, unless they are unfit to lead in that moment.
>>
>>43819211
There are many ways to spice up "cult in a hive city". Maybe they are an offshoot of the Emperor's faith deemed heregical, and must be disposed quietly to avoid the many people they have genuinely helped getting pissed off?
Maybe they are desperate mutants trapped in a section of the hive cut off by a hive quake decades ago, turned to baleful worship to save themselves?
Alternatively, bugfuck crazy Redemptionists who are threatening the local peace with their zeal for the Emperor and constant heretic hunts and need to be either put down or manipulated into being useful.
>>
>>43819211
Cold trade, pure governor framed by a heretical secretary (all nobles are corrupt, only working class is clown and pure amirite), totally loyal purity fetishists condoned by the ecchlesiarchy wreck admech for debasing sacred human form, enslaver plague outbreak, istvaaanian cell sabotaging reactor core, astropaths on drugs broadcast bullshit, PDF regiment was drugged with spook over the course of several weeks for extra hilarity, Eldar ranger having fun and adventures in the underhive, polluting imperial world with his presence, hrud migration causes everyone to age decades within weeks, dark eldar slaving raid, bruul parasite infestation, the city is actually ruled by a senile abominable intelligence, local IG stage a coup to force right of settlement for themselves. Both loyal, but needs must when you're tired of trying in the trenches, administratum error results in kriegsmen send to suppress non-existent rebellion, mutants hunting and eating kroots gang keeps their population in check and is about to be purged for being mutants..
I could go on
>>
File: irradial cogitator.jpg (562 KB, 1006x1304) Image search: [Google]
irradial cogitator.jpg
562 KB, 1006x1304
>>43819211
Here, have a plot hook
>>
>>43819211
Your players are Teenagers from diffrent parts of society that are stranded in the lower hive after a elevator malfunction.

Give them a ship and and a specific person to find in a system. Add a time limit if you want them to get super stressed about space travel.

Put them in charge of puting an end to a full fledged insurgence.

Have them remove planetary governor from his office without raising questions from his people, who love him dearly.
>>
>>43821110
>administratum error results in kriegsmen send to suppress non-existent rebellion
That's hillarious.
>>
>>43786756
Currently GMing a solo BC game for my girfriend.
She started as a renegade psyker plagued by daemonic visions fleeing from the Imperium.

She left a trail of local damonic incursions and mutated people in her wake and recently met Slaaneshi Pirates from Ragged Helix who recruited her and wiftly persuaded her to worship Slaanesh.
Now she accompanies the captain in his expedition to retrieve Tyrant's Cord and is rapidly becoming more and more depraved.
It's a very enjoyable game for both of us.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.