[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Creating a fluffy salamanders list in 7th
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: sceme.jpg (129 KB, 873x627) Image search: [Google]
sceme.jpg
129 KB, 873x627
You heard it guys, hardcore fluffy is my goal. I currently have 3 x 10 man tac squads w/ flamer, multi melta, and combi flamer. Any points value lower than 2000/1750 ish.

Cheers for any advice.
>>
Dreadnoughts, dreadnoughts, and an ironclad talon.
>>
File: Sternguard_SA.jpg (87 KB, 620x446) Image search: [Google]
Sternguard_SA.jpg
87 KB, 620x446
>>43782221
I know no bikes/flyers/termie captains but im fairly rusty on what else to take - been out of the game for 3 years. What happened to metal bawxes spam?

I have 2 dreadnoughts & 1 ironclad around too so if I can put those in that would be a plus.
>>
>>43782221

The Salamanders follow the Codex Astartes, but their doctrines are also strongly influenced by the Promethean Cult of Nocturne, an accepted variant of the Imperial Cult, which places a high regard on self-reliance, self-sacrifice, and loyalty to each other as well as to the Emperor. The hammer and the fire are both important symbols of the Cult, and the Chapter makes widespread use of Flamers, Meltaguns, and Thunder Hammers in their armoury. As one can imagine, this preference for Flamers and Meltas leads to a strong affinity among the Salamanders for close-range shooting when in combat. Because of their universal early training as blacksmiths, all Salamanders are fully capable of maintaining and performing moderate repair work on their weapons and armour, leaving the Chapter's Artificers with the free time necessary to create great works of technology and metallurgy. As a result, the Salamanders Chapter has an unusually high number of master-crafted weapons and Artificer Power Armour. The Chapter also favours the use of Land Raider Redeemers. In an interesting example of juxtaposition, however, the fluctuating gravity of Nocturne makes training with certain units such as Land Speeders and Assault Bikes difficult, therefore the Chapter makes little use of them, favouring instead Devastator Squads and Terminator Squads (the Chapter has 120 Veterans
Fire Drakes Veteran
A Salamanders Veteran of the Fire Drakes (1st Company)
as opposed to the typical 100).
>>
File: why.jpg (24 KB, 288x499) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
24 KB, 288x499
>>43782260
>Stormbolters on a stenguard marine
>combi-flamer on a sternguard marine
>flamer on a sternguard marine
>>
>>43782283
you know thats just one of the default gw sternguard pictures right? I just saved it for the painting
>>
>>43783259
Yeah but it's a crap loadout is what I'm saying
>>
>>43783274
apparently salamander vet-wise I want melts? or multi meltas idk
>>
>>43782283
>Tfw I wanted to run 2 Heavy flamers and 2 combi flamers Sternguard
O-ok...
>>
>>43782221
>>43782260
>No termie Caps
Some newfag shit?

Anyway, old list is 0-1 for fast attack shit.
Chaplains pretty much mandatory.
Take lots of thunderhammers. Model hammer on stuff.

Works better in 30k.
>>
>>43783880
You want Combi meltas. Sternguard's job is a suicide squad. You deepstrike them by something important, like a land raider or leman russ, and open fire with a shitload of melta and hopefully kill it. Then they get dakka'd to death, although some may survive and pick off some troops with their bolters.
>>
>>43783978
Two heavy flamers is rarely a bad thing, anon.

Unless you're taking the suicide sternguard approach, in which case you'll want meltas.
>>
File: americathegay.jpg (99 KB, 1200x752) Image search: [Google]
americathegay.jpg
99 KB, 1200x752
>>43782221
make a black lives matter army

you just stand there and call the opponent racist until he leaves then you claim victory for yourself
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.