[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I'm planning on combining Fallout and Shadowrun into
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2
File: download.jpg (12 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
12 KB, 300x168
So I'm planning on combining Fallout and Shadowrun into a combination setting, what are some things I can do with this concept?
>>
>>43777316
Figure it out yourself you lazy fucker.
>>
>>43777460
Nah.
>>
>>43777316
Bug spirits
>>
>>43777659
edgyyyyyy
>>
>>43777940
Do you even know what that word means?
>>
What difference would there be between your idea and a normal Shadowrun game set in a post-apocalyptic future?
>>
>>43778063
... That's a damn good question
>>
>>43777316
Remove fallout,
substitute STALKER
>>
>>43778104
No pipboys or ghouls. Not even deathclaws.
>>
>>43778315
Good god.
Megacorp with an army of trained death claws.
>>
>>43778557
>Megacorp with trained dire bees.
Can't remember their names, but I do remember they fuck up everything.
>>
>>43778606
You mean a Cazador?
>>
>>43777316
Put Shadowrun back into the Earthdawn cycle it was part of originally, bring back the world destroying horrors as magic increases again.
>>
>>43777316
Easy, instead of nuclear war, replace it with the coming of magic. Except instead of taking it in stride as well as in shadowrun, shit goes real real bad all over. Then fastforward 200 years. The vaults were offered as a way to escape the nightmare magic of the outside world but just like in fallout they're actually for experimenting on it's occupants, turning people into elves and trolls and wizards and shit.

Basically just take everything you like from fallout and justify it with magic instead of radiation, and take everything you like from shadowrun and put it in vaults and the wasteland instead of cities.
>>
>>43779310
So the dragons pretty much went "fuck stocks and bonds, just blow everything up and steal their cash that way"?
>>
>>43779356
Sure. It's not hard to imagine a dragon going "Paper and imaginary numbers? No fuck that, I'm taking the east coast. It's mine now. Canada too." and then duking it out with the west coast dragon over who has the better rappers, burning America to the ground in the crossfire.
>>
>>43779424
You mean Rapiers?
>>
>>43779424
Beast Coast in ya area bitch
>>
>>43779522
Rapists
>>
>>43779522
No I don't. I mean a winged embodiment of fire and death sowing destruction across middle america, casting a shadow of despair that none can escape from, all while blasting Wu-Tang clan out of a giant boombox.
>>
>>43779424
Likely this, then only leaving their cities/caves to seduce women into their beds in human form.
>>
>>43779663
Actually it would make a lot of sense if Vault-tec was created by one or more dragons. Fucking with humans, either for actual knowledge from experimenting on them or just entertainment from the weirder more reality show type vaults.
>>
>>43779726
Or to pork them. If it has a hole you can pork it.
>>
>>43779805
>Vault 442
>Codename:Bad-Dragon
>>
>>43779845
To be fair, that codename is a bit of a warning sign.
>>
>>43779845
>Vault 621
>Codename:Bad-Dragon
>>
>>43779845
I don't get the number here.

>>43780339
Sadly I do get the number here.
>>
>>43777316
Fallout actually shares some of the dystopian elements with Cyberpunk, mostly with espionage, corporate or national. The RobCo building in New Vegas had layers on layers of security, armed robots demanding you wear IDs and give passwords, and huge amounts of paranoia pervading the whole feel.
Hope this helps.
>>
>be 2011
>or 2012
>whatever
>magic returns
>shits fucked
>USA is rekt by injuns
>people try to return to a happier time, when natives had no rights and everyone was happy
>the 50s
>flash forward a couple years
>resources running low
>UCAS want to reunify the continent
>annexes Quebec and the Confeds (and other eastern non-native nations)
>perhaps replace China with Japan
>something
>Nuclear war
>something something radioactive Insect spirits and a shitload more toxic shamans
>maybe rename vaults to Kaers for a laugh
>>
>>43783566
The main difference between cyberpunk and fallout is really just density. fallout is a big empty desert with random shit littered throughout it. Cyberpunk is everything of interest in the entire mojave, compressed into one city block.
>>
>>43777316
Just set your campaign in Chicago, aka new bug city
>>
>>43783852
Except Shadowrun literally has fallout wastelands - the Barrens, IE most of the American Midwest. Shadowrun has a lot of super huge hyper dense cities and nations with uninhabited empty space ruled by critters and spirits and go ganhers in-between. Op could easily just set his campaign in the Barrens and boom, shadowfallout
>>
>>43783972
Yeah I get that, but I meant conceptually. When you think of shadowrun you think of grit and neon and densely packed city streets. When you think of Fallout you think of wandering the desert. That doesn't mean Fallout doesn't have big cities(albeit poorly realized most of the time) or that shadowrun doesn't have wastelands, just that both settings have a distinct feel to them.
>>
>>43783852
Much of this is an engine conceit. Going by the fallout bible the intent is that many cities "really" have hundreds if not thousands of people, but you couldn't do that with the game engine they initially used, or with the one for the more modern games.

Generally speaking of course.

Some places really are "2 guys and a dog".
>>
>>43777316

It may end up a little similar to this.

>In this scenario, the 18 demi-gods who drove the human race to near extinction and divided the planet among them into 18 zones were no AIs - they are dragons. And their minions are not robots; they're zombies, werewolves, and elementals. Due to experiments of certain cabalists, magic and dragons returned in full force unto the face of the Earth -- and neither mankind nor the Cabal could handle it. This is a world of post-apocalyptic horror, where dragons roam the skies, zombies stalk the ruined cities, witches are burned at the stake, and where a secret brotherhood of monsters may be mankind's last best hope for survival.

>Welcome to the Reign of Fire.
>>
>>43777316
>I'm planning on combining Fallout and Shadowrun into a combination setting
Sounds horrible, have fun.
>>
>>43779650
This. This has to be a sanctioned novel :)
>>
>>43786973
or 80's movie.. pity the 80's wont come around for another 64 and some years.
>>
>>43777316

For one, set it in the Mojave Wasteland around the time of the second battle for the Dam.

Caesar's Army would've been a fuckload more interesting they were flinging fireballs. Not to mention, you could also replace Caesar himself with, say, a Dragon with knowledge of the Romans and an interest in it, albeit knowledge pushed through unreliable memory, and not just some faggot with access to history books.
>>
>>43787649

Or - you could have the *actual* Caesar - who was an Immortal Elf, or Mana Spike IE, or just found something similar to Lorenzo's Fancy Hat.
>>
>>43777316
So RIFTS?
>>
>>43788114
Pretty much.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.