[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/tg/ makes an alien race
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 3
Ok guys here are the rules:
>1: Only one post per Anon. The post may be something about the aliens biology, planet and/or civilization
>2: It takes 3 diffrent Anons to vote away a post
>3: If a post constradict another post then the latter is void
>4: Have fun

I'll start. The alien has purple skin
>>
The alien has two pairs of legs and one pair of wings.
>>
>>43775632
The Alien has some form of natural jet locomotion.
>>
They have a symbiotic relationship with the planet, they cannot leave the planet without fear of death and if they all leave the planet then the planet will slowly die.
>>
>>43775632
The aliens are carbon-based life forms.
>>
The alien has no bones, only cartilage in its wings, jaws, and limbs.
>>
>>43775672
>>43775701
The alien isn't capable of true flight, but uses a sort of ground-effect hovering to enhance its running speed.
>>
>>43775701
>>43775729
>>43775713
The alien lives on a moon heated by an undersurface ocean thanks to tidal heating from the nearby gas giant.
>>
The aliens eyes are compound and dark red.
>>
They hatch from eggs
>>
They have 8 genders with vastly different abilities and roles in society.
Only two at a time are needed for reproduction, but different combinations get different results.
>>
The alien is capable of bending its wings forward to serve as crude but strong manipulator appendages. More dexterous manipulation is done with a set of tendril-like mouth parts.
>>
>>43775837
So far looks like some kind of insect with a cartilaginous endoskeleton, that's viable only because of the particular gravity and climate of it planet.
>>
They are herbivores
>>
The use glyphs as the written language
>>
Sounds like so far we have a quadrupedal carbon based lifeform that uses a quasi-jet/wings to get around at speed. It has no real bones to speak of and is instead made up of a cartilage like substance, making them fairly malleable and able to absorb impacts. Their wings can also be used as a crude, but strong, limbs for manipulating things with a set of tendrils protruding from the mouth area used for things that require more finesse.

They have 8 separate 'genders,' each functioning as a separate 'caste' of their society each with their own responsibilities and roles. Any of the 8 genders can breed with any other, creating a very complex chart of what makes what.

They live on a (mostly) hollow moon orbiting a gas giant. The inside of the planet is a large ocean and water transmits heat from the core of the planet upwards to the surface, making for a very temperate climate around almost the entirety of the planet. Perhaps the most curious, however, is their symbiotic relationship with the moon. Though they have the ability to leave their moon, and often do for short periods of time, they cannot leave it for long as a chemical inside their bodies can only remain active while they are able to breathe the moons atmosphere, which has its own chemicals that react with theirs.
>>
The species is not very intelligent, more so like Monkey's appear to us
>>
>>43775672
Dragon or pegasus?
>>
>>43776194
I think your post contradicts this post here >>43776175
>>
The males have 37 tits for nursing their young
>>
>>43776230
>37
In a row!
>>
>>43776230
In a species with 8 genders, what is 'male'?
>>
>>43776261
They use these to attract mates to shoe how big of families they can support
>>
The spit acid on thier food in order to turn it into a mush in order to eat it. The leftovers from the plants and the fruit are used as a basic building material due to a chemical reaction after a few hours due to the acid
>>
Phallic shaped ears
>>
It takes 14 years to become fully mature and ready to be assigned a role in society
>>
>>43776175
They have over 100 glyphs so far
>>
They are very technologically advanced, to the point that think of nuclear power the same way we think of fire.
>>
The alien has a giant penis that remains constantly erect.
>>
>>43781747
No, they are a giant penis, well they look like one
>>
>>43776392
>>43781747
>>43781781
I vote against any "penis lol" additions. That's been boring since Spore was released.
>>
>>43782271
I second this
>>
They do not have a concept of pets, livestock, mounts/partners, or anything another species can be besides slave, master, and equal. All species are able to comprehend the self awareness of others according to them, so there can be no mutually beneficial relationships where one party has more power/control than the other- that becomes the slave/master paradigrim.

So no pets in the traditional sense. Equivalents to dogs, cattle, horses, cats aren't possible because (for example) while we treat these lesser animals nicely some of the time, they are far from our equals.

We don't have full control over a dog or a cat, but we also don't treat them like our equals.

This kind of subtle difference is completely foreign to these aliens.
>>
>>43782271
Third!
>>
>>43778378
42 of them are for different words describing various degrees of dampness due to the humid atmosphere of their world.
>>
>>43782271
>>43782365
>>43782949
The species is psychologically incapable of understanding any genital based humor.
>>
they have 7 penises, each one being used for another bodily function, i.e. breathing, talking, shitting.
All them are able to be used to reproduce
>>
>>43783797
Are you in grade school? Denied!
>>
3 genders of the 8 are considered female, 4 male, 1 both.
>>
the only noise they make is a raspy quack
>>
>>43783797
2nd Vote to remove
>>
>>43783797
Third vote.
>>
They need an atmosphere much richer in oxygen than us, else they suffocate. For humans, the same amount of oxygen is toxic.
>>
Their scales, when crushed and mixed with nitrogen at around room temperture, will create a large, azure flame.
>>
>>43783068
"Humor"
>>
Elaborating on gender dynamics. Each gender can be interpreted in binary.
>000
>001
>010
>011
>100
>101
>110
>111
To determine the gender of an offspring, examine the digits in the parents' binary sequence. Same digits in the same position produce a digit of the opposite kind. Different digits in the same position are a 50/50 chance.

Examples:
101 and 100 make 010 or 011.
111 and 000 make all possible combinations.
000 and 000 make 111.

In communities, the more random your offspring are, the more culturally taboo it is to reproduce. Genders are expected to mate with each other to produce the type of gender desired by the society at present. Leniency depends on the resources available to the community. I won't strictly define how much of a libido our aliens have, but it at least causes conflict between individuals and the community sometimes.
>>
Have tentacle tongue vagina
>>
>>43787316
veto
>>
>>43787316
No
>>
>>43787316
Veto #2
>>43787297
Somene already said something that overrules that
>>43785261
>>
>>43786629
They're highly resistant to heat to survive the ensuing firestorms of an atmosphere with such a high level of oxygen.
>>
>>43787343

>>43785261
contradicts
>>43776177
>Any of the 8 genders can breed with any other, creating a very complex chart of what makes what.
>>
People should use some posts to flesh out the biological differences of genders and what work it makes each suited to. I already used my post.
>>
>>43787363
Thay can survive a drop from space due to their protection from heat
>>43787354
As well as air sacks that can sustain them for about 1 hour. The impact itself is of little worry, they are small eough that the sqaure cube law means they survive.
>>
>>43787408
One special breed of these aliens have stronger and thicker hide. That makes them the "brutes" inte alien society, and are often put in harsh labor enviorments
>>
Seeing as how we haven't mentioned them having arms yet:

The aliens manipulate their environment with a series of prehensile nostril-tentacles; they have four large ones and two minor ones that lie underneath the large ones.
>>
>>43775632

Is that an Arrowtongue?
>>
>>43787453
See
>>43775837
>>
They write thier glyphs from the bottom and up. And the write thier Numbers in a diagonal.
>>
Their legs never actually stop growing. Once mature, their legs will keep growing slowly, at about three quarters of a centimeter per year.
>>
>>43787474

Ah, ok. Well, mine still fits; the mouth maipulators consist of four larger and two smaller. The smaller are mostly used for eating; showing them in public is considered rude.
>>
Is it possible for a drafriend to make our alien at the moment?
>>
File: what.png (8 KB, 515x174) Image search: [Google]
what.png
8 KB, 515x174
i... i'm sorry /tg/.

i'm sorry.
>>
>>43787750
Give it boobs.
>>
>>43775632
The alien has only one eye and one large horn on its forehead.
>>
They are immune to radiation
>>
File: Yin Seductive.jpg (93 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Yin Seductive.jpg
93 KB, 1280x720
>>43775632
Alien Worlds you say. Guess I should get my Game back up and running then.
>>
>>43787264

100 is the largest and most 'female' - capable of laying multiple eggs/ birthing multiple youngs at a time. They are however immobile and needed to be tended to by 011s and 010s.

111 and 000 are the most 'male' but they're short-lived and only serve as DNA-transporters
>>
What is the name of these aliens? Any ideas?
>>
>>43788517
It has 37 of them on its underside if you look closely. It was the best I could do.
>>
At the end of each leg are long thin, finger-like appendages that end with sharp claws meant for climbing. The front legs have 3 fingers, one of which opposes the other two, while the back legs have 5 fingers which are shorter and none are oposible
>>
>>43793055
The fingers are blue in color
>>
We haven't talked much about their civilization and culture yet.
>>
the problem with these threads is that /tg/ usually despises common tropes so much that, in an excessive effort in being original it ends up with an uncanny result that isn't much interesting or appealing
>>
>>43782522
Veto: they can't be sapient by these behavioural rules; and even if they are they can't have a civilization.
>>
>>43793370
What exactly contradicts their sapience?
>>
alien bump
>>
We already did it with gurps.

How it was done?

instead of rolling the tables of gurps alien generator, people said yes to choices (they could say yes to more than one choice) polls the one with most yes won.

On all tables, the only options that gone to the poll are the choices that would be able to be rolled at random.

Here is the alien:

Chemical base: Water-Based Life (Cold to Hot worlds)
Habitat: space dwelling life
Race is sapient
Trophic Level: Hijacking Carnivore
Place the race lives has 0.1 g
Movement: Immobile
Size: 250 yards
Weight: 78130000 pounds
Size in race local gravity = 1150 yards
Weight in race local gravity = 7604375000 pounds.
Strenght = 3933 ST
Bilateral
18 segments (each segment has one limb per side) won.
Has tails
Long tail (Long enhancement) and Barbed striker tail (Striker doing cutting or piercing damage)
Is an tool using race
6 sets of manipulators (each set has normal DX or High Manual Dexterity 1)
Internal Skin
Outer Skin : Scale
Scale Type:Armor shell (DR 5)
Cold-blooded (no disadvantage)
Growth Pattern: Unusual growth pattern (add segments )
Reproduction:Parthenogenesis
Gestation: Pollination
Special gestation: Brood Parasite (young raised by another species)
Moderate r-Strategy: 1d+1 offspring per litter, some care after birth
Vision: Telescopic Vision 4
Deaf
Touch: Acute Touch 4 and Vibration Sense
Has those special Senses:
360° Vision
Absolute Direction
Ultravision
Scanning Sense (Radar)
Primary Sense of Communication: Scanning Sense (Radar)
Lifespan: Extended Lifespan 2
Average IQ: 11
Mating Behaviour: Permanent pair bond
Social Organization: Pair-bonded
Gregariousness: Loner (0)
Concentration = Short Attention Span (9)
Curiosity = Curious (9) (reduce selfcontrol number to 6)
Playfullness: Compulsive Playfulness (9) (becomes Trickster at 12 if specific being of this race is is Overconfident)
Empáthy: Empathy ( add Charitable at 12)
Chauvinism: Racial Intolerance
Suspicion: Normal
Egoism: Selfless (6)
Imatination: Versatile
>>
>>43797493
PS: if instead of having a:
"pick the good choices, the one with most yes win" style of voting system
we had a:
"give scores from 1 to 5 to all choices, the one with highest average wins" style system
this would lead to different results.
this would problably lead to better results but was not used because people think its too complex everytime people try to do polls on this way
>>
>>43797560
trying to imagine what would have won, if the method of selection was:

"pick the worst choice, the least selected one wins"
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.