[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any pen & paper rpg about monster cock fighting?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
Is there any pen & paper rpg about monster cock fighting?
>>
You talkin' bout Mara?
>>
Any Pokemon system, basically.
>>
>>43775327
Does FATAL count?
>>
Monsterhearts
>>
>>43775375

I was about to say. Monster cock fighting is a large part of what FATAL is about.
>>
>>43775921
He said fighting, not sucking.
>>
>>43775327
Pokemon Tabletop Adventures?
>>
>>43775362
>>43776028
I wouldn't recommend it. While the system itself is fairly good, for a DnD wannabe, the fact that you can end up with 3/4/5 players each with 6 different pokemon fighting against opponents with similar numbers is just brutal to work through.

I GMed a game for a few sessions and found it to be hilariously terrible even with just a couple of pokemon on each side.
>>
File: alpha_as_fuck.gif (2 MB, 540x304) Image search: [Google]
alpha_as_fuck.gif
2 MB, 540x304
>>43775327
I'm sure lots of generic systems have expansions for that, whether official or fan-made. BESM has one.
But the only dedicated monster-taming system I've heard of is Monsters And Other Childish Things.
>>
>>43776207
Where is this gif from? >.>
>>
>>43776421
Digimon Adventure Tri. First movie of six, roughly equivalent to four episodes, QUALITY animation. Came out a few days ago.
>>
File: cthonyx.jpg (35 KB, 223x223) Image search: [Google]
cthonyx.jpg
35 KB, 223x223
>>43775327
No mention of Pokethulhu? Really?

http://www222.pair.com/sjohn/pokethulhu.htm

/tg/ has truly fallen low.
>>
>>43776469
Noice, thanks anon.
>>
>Monster cock fighting

Man

You gotta work on your phrasing.
>>
>>43776469
>QUALITY animation
It looks good in that gif, at least.
>>
>>43775327
>monster cock-fighting
>monster-cock fighting
Hyphens are important, OP.
>>
File: quality_animation.png (5 MB, 1920x2180) Image search: [Google]
quality_animation.png
5 MB, 1920x2180
>>43777070
It's okay as long as you don't pause.
>>
>>43778069
If it's paused then it's not animation, genius.
>>
>>43778197
This

Also animation is all about the illusion of motion, it's not meant to be a 100% accurate to life rendering frame by frame. As long as it looks good in motion, there's no problem
>>
>>43776477
Stop shilling your own game nobody has heard of and acting like it's some great tragedy you're not getting the attention you think you deserve.
>>
>>43778069
Animation simulates a lot of effects with still images that look strange out of context. You should consider learning more about something before trying to shit on it. Just makes you look stupid.
>>
>>43776107
>I wouldn't recommend it. While the system itself is fairly good, for a DnD wannabe, the fact that you can end up with 3/4/5 players each with 6 different pokemon fighting against opponents with similar numbers is just brutal to work through.
For some reason I can't help but wonder if you couldn't hack some OSR game for this. Some of those work pretty well with large amounts of characters.

Lightweight is definitely the way to go, though. Anything heavy just gets exponentially so as you add more monsters into a fight.
>>
>>43778264
You really are a newfag.
>>
>>43778661
And you're a samefag, so where does that leave us?
>>
>>43778242
>>43778280
To be fair, I noticed Greymon's gay-ass pose without pausing it. And some parts did have a lot of QUALITY, like the fight in ep 2. It just seemed weird to me that the comment about the animation being bad came from someone posting a video of one of the good bits.
>>
>>43778280
What effect did they simulate by listing Iori twice?
>>
>>43778701
That has nothing to do with ANIMATION

You might as well be using sound design as a comment against the animation
>>
File: Neoviking.jpg (79 KB, 320x449) Image search: [Google]
Neoviking.jpg
79 KB, 320x449
>>43778264
Man, all these kids lately, only knowing 3.x/PF and not knowing the quality classics like Pokéthulhu, HOL or Neoviking.
>>
>>43778600
>>43775327
I tried one system called... Pokémon Tabletop United? Not sure where it lies on the complexity scale. Didn't really get into it much, only played one session and the chaotic evil player tried stealing a van for some reason while the rest of us tried to catch Pokémon.
>>
>>43780279
Oldfag here. I'e actually never heard of Neoviking. How is it, and is there an English pdf?
>>
>>43780279
Are you like a /tg/ hipster?

AD&D, Stars Without Number and Barbarians of Lemuria are my main systems
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.