[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star Wars: Fortune Hunter Quest #8
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27
File: Barloz-class_freighter.jpg (92 KB, 448x400) Image search: [Google]
Barloz-class_freighter.jpg
92 KB, 448x400
PREVIOUSLY: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?searchall=Star+Wars%3A+Fortune+Hunter

You check the time on your holopad. It was already past lights out. Even after all of these years, you still adhered to the strict scheduling of the Flight School. Early to rise, breakfast, drills, lecture, lunch, drills, lecture, dinner, free time, then lights out for about five hours. You pity the guys who had to post fire watch, at least you got some amount of sleep. Then again, because one particular instructor really had it out for you, it was a foregone conclusion that you had to take fire watch a lot. If they caught you napping during fire watch, you were flogged. And you were caught napping quite a lot.

And as a result, falling asleep is actually more difficult than flying a Starfighter. You still feel a bit of the old lash on your back, at least they had the courtesy to use regular whips instead of those Zygerrian shockwhips. You sit back on a comfortable chair, filing through the holonet, looking for anything interesting to read. Nothing catches your eye. You stopped briefly at Raxus Prime to pick up a fair amount of scrap and parts for Misri, so she could restore Sparks to effective condition. You didn’t find any functional blasters though or anything beyond… well scrap. Things go to Raxus Prime because they don’t work anymore after all.

“Sir.” Lev and R5 look over at you from their Dejarik table. “Should you not be asleep by now?” asks Lev.

[1/2]
>>
>>43774379
[2/4]

“I’ll go to sleep when I want to, mum” you mutter. Lev nods, returning his attention back to the board. He moves his Mantellian Savrip forward, hoping to catch R5 off-guard and force him to corner himself for the killing blow. But when R5 instead repositions his still live Kintan Strider into the gap that Lev now created, which put R5 into winning position no matter what Lev did, Lev did not take it well. He grabbed the table. “Lev.” He stops, looking at you. “If you throw that table again, I will turn around and take us back to Raxus.”

He pauses, then stands up and grabs R5 instead. He throws him across the common room, smashing some cabinets and throwing over a table too. “Real mature,” says R5.

“Choose a better game next time,” says Lev as he heads towards the cockpit.

You shake your head, sighing as you stand up. “Pick this stuff up R5 then retire.” He calls affirmative as you step out of the common room. Before you try to head to sleep, you poke into the machine shop, and find Misri still assembling scrap metal into usable parts with the use of an arc welder and some of her patented charm. “Misri, not going to bed? We’re due for Smuggler’s Haven in the morning.”

“Nah,” she says. She looks over at you, pulling up her vestigial welding goggles. “What, is this part where you offer me your room so I can sleep comfortably and then fall in love with your gentlemanly charm?”

“Well, it would be, but you’re absolutely filthy.” Up and down, Misri was covered in spots of grease and oil. Her cheeks were painted brown and black from scraping her mucky gloves on them. Her white tank top was now a stained mess with black marks all over it. It was actually quite sexy, but you’re too tired to flirt right now. “Take a shower in the refresher then head to sleep. It’s going to be a long day tomorrow.”

“Meh.” She goes back to welding. “Just lemme finish this.”

You sigh again, walking over to her and rubbing your eyes. “What are you even building anyway?”
>>
>>43774391
[3/3]

“Reassembling a motor component for Sparks, this is important for his walker mode. It needs to be relatively tight fitting but also flexible enough for his legs to give actual motion,” she says. She shrugs, then looks up at you. “Actually, I’ve been meaning to ask you. I overheard something Erma saying something to you about your past.” Did she? You don’t rightly recall that she was even on the ship during that. She must have good hearing, as expected of a blind person you guess. “Got something to hide?”

“No,” you say. She tilts her head. “… if you’re expecting me to say it, again, no. Misri, like Erma, you’re special. But not that special. I’d really rather put it behind me than dwell on it.”

“Fair enough,” she mutters. She rubs her arm on her forehead, wiping more grease on her head and arm. “I can see you want to play the dark mysterious type. You know, that doesn’t make women want you more, it makes us think you’re a creep.”

You grunt. “Whatever. Need any help in here?”

“Nah.” She sighs, shutting the welder down and placing it on the bench next to the component.

> Talk with Misri a little, you’re still awake anyway.
> “Well. I’m going to head to sleep. Early to bed, early to rise, makes a pilot’s kill count rise.”
> “Seriously. You need to take a shower.”
> Other
>>
>>43774410
>>
>>43774410
>> Talk with Misri a little, you’re still awake anyway.

Nothing interesting for the Barloz or the Re-22?
>>
>>43774410
>“Well. I’m going to head to sleep. Early to bed, early to rise, makes a pilot’s kill count rise.”
need rest, we have been at it for a while now
>>
>>43774487
Nothing apart from spare scrap and circuitry that Misri is using. The Empire is already scraping Raxus Prime of most anything that's already functional. Though, you will have enough stuff for a mod or two when Misri gets time.
>>
>>43774410
>Talk with Misri a little, you’re still awake anyway.
>>
>>43774410
>> Talk with Misri a little, you’re still awake anyway.

Social Link GO!
>>
>>43774516
>motor component

So is she making or reverse engineering a thrust dampers?

Will this new motor also deal with Sparks Fuel problem?
>>
>>43774410
>“Seriously. You need to take a shower.”
>>
>>43774410
>> “Well. I’m going to head to sleep. Early to bed, early to rise, makes a pilot’s kill count rise.”
>>
File: Star wars Ugly creator.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Star wars Ugly creator.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>43774516
Heyo, have you seen this?
>>
>>43774410
>>

You lean on her workbench a bit, watching her as she starts installing the circuits. “What now?” she asks. “We’re not in Madam Horch’s Bordello and I ain’t growing lekku out of my head.”

“It’s called wanting to know a little more about you,” you say. “Besides, it’s too late in the night for me to be flirting. I’m much more personable when I’m awake. Back in the Academy, we had a saying, early to wake to clean the face, in a day you’ll be an ace.”

“That’s the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard,” she mutters. “And I’ve had to listen to Ithorians and Zeltrons do the horizontal hello with each other so don’t think I’ve haven’t heard everything.” You cross your arms, thinking on it. “Tell you what, I’ll say this right now, growing up in the Coruscant Undercity wasn’t fun. I don’t remember much of how I got there, all I remember was that Madam Horch was the only one to take me in when I was just a little kid. All I had was this necklace, the wrappings around my eyes, and a holotape that she refused to show me. Even when I left, she still refused to show me the tape.”

“Oh? Do you have it now?” you ask.

“Yeah, but I’m not going to listen to it. It’s probably nothing important anyway,” she says. “Madam Horch at least was kind enough not to get me involved with the shenanigans of her brothel or her prostitutes, which was nice. I mean, Madam Horch was really nice but I still had to work for my room and my stuff. She was fair I guess you could say.” She snaps her finger, smirking. “Like the instructors at the Academy.”

“Oh, goodness no. They were out to fail us one way or another,” you state. “Only the best get through the Academy, and the Academy is not a fair system.” Her smirk drops, then nods.

[1/3]
>>
File: Smuggler's Haven.png (1 MB, 1655x763) Image search: [Google]
Smuggler's Haven.png
1 MB, 1655x763
>>43774959
[2/3]

“Well, regardless. I mean… racing’s fun. Getting to work on droids and bikes and Starfighters now! That’s fun too!” She stops working and looks up at you. “You’re giving me a lot of fun stuff to do.” You nod. “… not gonna do it?”

“Do what?” you ask.

“Ah, so you are telling the truth.” Hm? “Anyway. Since I told you a little about myself, you’re not going to tell me about yourself?” You shake your head again, this time very sternly. “Alright. Well…” She plays with the sleeves of her jumpsuit top, them being wrapped around her waist. “M’kay then. But if you ever want to, my door’s always open.”

You nod. “Alright. Thanks, Misri. But… before I head to bed. Why did you want to buy Sparks?” She cocks her head, a slight blush to her cheeks.

“Well…” She twiddles her fingers. “You gave me a chance. Why couldn’t I give him one?”

“Hmph.” You smile, patting her on the arm. You immediately regret it once you feel palm stick to her. Ew. “Well, I’m heading to bed. Remember, long day tomorrow so don’t stay up.” She nods, and watches you leave. You need a good amount of time to help you fall asleep anyway.

-

-

The Barloz arrives out of hyperspace, to a relatively unknown part of the Outer Rim near Mon Calamari. In view now was the aging, but extensively modified Lucrehulk ship, Smuggler’s Haven. Already there was a huge flotilla of freighters and shuttles around it like a big Jawa market. “There it is,” you say to Lev in the co-pilot. “Smuggler’s Haven. Let me do the talking, Lev.” He nods and opens up comms. “Smuggler’s Haven, this is Rhys Cykgil in the Barloz freighter on approach, requesting permission to dock.”
>>
>>43774982
[3/3]

The traffic controlman on the other end hesitates a bit. “Hold on.” There’s several minutes of dead air. It normally doesn’t take you this long to get permission. “Take Bay Six. Watch yourself, Mister Cykgil.” Interesting. You pull the Barloz past a trader’s Gozanti, then pull into the vast market hangars of Smuggler’s Haven. Anything you want, you can find here. And for lower than the Empire charges. A pair of droids guide you into your hangar space, where you share it with other freighters of your class. “Alright. Home sweet home. Let’s get a move on.” You and Lev stand up and lower the boarding ramp. But before you head down, you check into the machine shop.

Yep, as you expected. She’s fallen asleep on the workbench. You grab a small battery and soft toss at her. “Ow!” She holds her head, now fully awoken.

“Wake up. We’re here.” She groans, stumbling up and walking over to you. “Make any progress on Sparks?”

“Well, good news. He can walk!” She smiles, still stumbling a bit. “… still can’t fly. But he can walk!” She grins.

> “On second thought, go ahead and stay here. You might as well try and fix that.”
> “Alright, I guess we can tend to that later.”
> Other
>>
>>43774560
>>43774746
1. Neither.

2. The motor is for restoring Sparks' ability to walk, not for the fuel.

3. Just took a look at it. Interesting system.
>>
>>43774998
>>
>>43774998
Wouldn't want her to miss the sights, and if we make any purchases her opinion would be appreciated. Besides if things go south sparks isn't going to be a game changer.
>>
>>43774998
>“On second thought, go ahead and stay here. You might as well try and fix that.”
>Other
"Something feels off. Keep the engines ready to go."

Let's load up for bear; I don't like that delay that the traffic controlman had, or his warning. Sounds like there's going to be a bounty hunter welcoming committee.
>>
>>43775050
I'll stay with my vote of taking misri but it might be good to have lev be ready for a rapid departure.
>>
>>43775050
We can have the droids do that.

Besides Sparks if we do have her space worthy, will not have the fuel or time to fly well.
>>
>>43774998

this anon is on to something!>>43775050

seconding!
>>
File: 1448162289333.jpg (59 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
1448162289333.jpg
59 KB, 900x600
>>43774998
>> Other

Can we take him with us onto the Smuggler's Haven? Get him to stretch his legs a bit, see if everything's in good shape?
>>
>>43775072
Did Misri say she could sometimes see people through walls?

Maybe we should bring her along just for that ability, to see potential ambushes.
>>
>>43775121
spot on! And if we're here there's no way we're not gonna buy shit. Hopefully the situation isn't completely Fubar. The decision to send our mando extraordinaire to help beforehand should hopefully have mitigated some crap, like Rikker possibly being dead. Or complete ambush.
>>
>>43774998
>> “Alright, I guess we can tend to that later.”
>> Other
>>
> Other

You cross your arms. “Alright. Well, come on.” She smiles happily, tiredly but happily. “We’ll try not to make our stay too long.” She nods, rubbing her hands together and looking back towards the cargo bay as you two leave. Lev walks next to you as you step down the boarding ramp and set foot on Smuggler’s Haven. “Lev. Stay here, keep the engines warm. I got a bad feeling about this. Oh, and see if you can test out Sparks’ new legs. Get him to stretch a little.”

He nods. “Yes, sir.” He turns around and walks back up into the ship, leaving you to walk into the vast expanses of Smuggler’s Haven’s stores. The big arms of the old Lucrehulk have been expanded significantly, with parts from derelict Space Stations and other bits that have turned it into a traveling Space Station in all but name. All around you, smugglers, traders, and spaces have set up kiosks dispensing their wares. Weapons, scrap, armor, slaves, food, pets, everything you could want is here.

You hook your thumbs on your belt, and start walking, keeping an eye out. Smuggler’s Haven is known for being a neutral zone for everybody. But that doesn’t mean the odd newbie doesn’t try to collect on a head every once in a while. “Rhys!” Your hand rests on your DC-17, and you turn around to meet one of Smuggler’s Haven’s crew. It was a big old Weequay, used to run with Ohnaka in fact until he took a blaster bolt and ended up being left behind. He was one of the Haven’s big Security chiefs. Reasonable guy, but definitely not someone to cross. “What are you doing here?”

[1/2]
>>
>>43775548
[2/2]

You walk up to him, then notice his other weequay bodyguards. “Came to visit, top off supplies, see if I can buy anything.”

He crosses his arms, looking at Misri, then back at you. “Well, I’d watch your back.” He leans towards you. “These people know you work for the Empire.”

You shrug. “I’m a privateer. Of sorts. Not a spy.”

“No difference to them,” he says. “Try not to start anything. Oh, and if I were you, I’d stay away from the Zygerrians, they’ve been hounding us for months to expand the Slaver Zone and they’re getting a bit frisky.” Fair enough. “Enjoy your stay.” He motions a couple of his guards to stand watch over your ship. And with that, he moves on as well.

“Alright.” You open up your holopad. “Well, first we ought to find Vik and Kuvasz then we can worry about scrap, mods, and what…” You look down at Misri, who’s swishing and shaking her hips to some non-existent beat. “… what are you doing?”

“I hear some music. There a club around?” she asks with a grin on her.

“Well, there are some cantinas and clubs all over the ship.” You sigh. “Look, can we focus?”

“I’m focusing,” she says, still swaying her hips.

> “Forget this. Let’s just hit a cantina first. Maybe we’ll find Kuvasz and Vikker at one of them.”
> “Let’s hit the shops, see who’ll sell to us.”
> “Let’s walk around. I can show you around to some of the particulars of Smuggler’s Haven.”
> Other
>>
>>43775568
>> “Let’s hit the shops, see who’ll sell to us.”
>>
>>43775568
>>
>>43775568
> “Forget this. Let’s just hit a cantina first. Maybe we’ll find Kuvasz and Vikker at one of them.”
>>
>>43775568
>> “Forget this. Let’s just hit a cantina first. Maybe we’ll find Kuvasz and Vikker at one of them.”
>>
>>43775568
>Forget this. Let’s just hit a cantina first. Maybe we’ll find Kuvasz and Vikker at one of them
>>
>>43775568
>“Let’s walk around. I can show you around to some of the particulars of Smuggler’s Haven.”
Misri came with us because she wants to see the Galaxy; also it'll let us know how badly our privateer reputation is going to affect our ability to do business.
>>
>>43775568

Guys it's cheaper then anything the empire has to offer and we have Misri.

If we go somewhere else it's going to be expensive.
>>
>>43775568
>>
>>43775568
>“Forget this. Let’s just hit a cantina first. Maybe we’ll find Kuvasz and Vikker at one of them.”
let us go to the one with the reputation for the smexiest females
Vikker is a dog
>>
>>43775568
>> “Forget this. Let’s just hit a cantina first. Maybe we’ll find Kuvasz and Vikker at one of them.”

Chances are they're where the scantily clad Twileks are.
>>

-

-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M212A0NTrEc&spfreload=1

No wonder Misri heard this music from all the way back at the ship, the bass is getting dropped like a Clone trooper’s veteran benefits. The cantina was filled to burst all sorts of unsavory types, smugglers, hired guns, pilots-for-hire, pirates, and every Abo species from Bakura to Muunilist. The light in the center of all of the dancing, the pulsating strobes, and the hot Zeltron dancers was the bar itself. “Alright, Misri, stay close-“

Misri was already joining the dance floor, biting her lip and smiling as she danced to her hearts content. Oh, now she chooses to wake up. You guess she’s not going to go far, and she certainly isn’t going to let some drunk savage take advantage of her or anything. You walk towards the bar, grimacing. You’ll take a smooth music line over this wild and angry beat any day. You see something familiar however, sitting at the bar. You slap his shoulder pad. “Kuvasz.”

He looks up at you, and smiles, holding a glass of water in hand. “Rhys.” You sit next to him at the bar, and signal for a drink. The bartender turns around and glares at you. You hold out your hands, confused. He grunts and drops a drink in front of you without another word. “I can see you’re not exactly popular around here.”

“Hey, I’m not the Empire’s personal kath hound, I don’t see what everybody’s up and fussing about,” you say. You take a drink, then immediately cringe at the burning sensation of it down your throat. That isn’t your usual, ugh. You drop the glass on the counter. “Where’s Vikker?”

[1/2]
>>
>>43776401
[2/2]

“Exploring Zeltron culture facefirst, where else,” he says. You roll your eyes. “He’ll be here in a little bit. I’m just wetting my mouth for now.”

“You find that Clone?” you ask.

“Nope.” He shakes his head. “He’s an elusive bastard that’s for sure. Captain of the ship won’t help us any, and progress has been slow. Don’t blame it on Vikker though, this ship’s huge and we’re only two guys.”

“Fair enough. Run into any trouble?” He shakes his head. “Good, good.” You feel some lithe hands on your shoulder, and you turn to see the pink skin and red hair of a very lovely and curvy Zeltron next to you. “… and speaking of good. How are you doing?”

She smirks. “Oh, it depends.” She leans on the counter next to you, arching her bare back and giving you a very curt and luscious smile. “I’m just so lonely you know…”

You look down. “Well, I see a lovely pair of somethings that could use some company.” You lean in, smirking a bit. “Name’s Rhys Cykgil by the way.”

She blinks, her smile dropping. “Rhys Cykgil?” You nod, confirming. “Oh. Well, nevermind.” She steps off the counter and fades back into the crowd. What. You look over at kuvasz, who simply stares at you with a very stoic expression on his face.

“You got turned down by a Zeltron,” he says. “What does that say about you?”

> “Shut up.”
> “Hey, profit’s profit, no matter where it comes.”
> “Look who’s talking, gramps, I don’t see any of these girls on you.”
> Other
>>
>>43776413
>“Hey, profit’s profit, no matter where it comes.”
>>
>>43776413
>> “Hey, profit’s profit, no matter where it comes.”
>>
>>43776413
>> “Shut up.”
How did we get turned down by a member of the Nympho race?

Being Space Indiana Jones is suffering.
>>
>>43776413
>> “Look who’s talking, gramps, I don’t see any of these girls on you.”

Maximum Snark!
>>
>>43776413
>“Hey, profit’s profit, no matter where it comes.”
>>
>>43776486
>How did we get turned down by a member of the Nympho race?
By being a dog of the Empire, and a narc.
Mostly the narc, I think.
>>
>>43776413
>> “Hey, profit’s profit, no matter where it comes.”
>>
> “Hey, profit’s profit, no matter where it comes.”

“Listen, profit’s profit, no matter where it comes. If it comes from the Empire, whatever.”

Kuvasz nods. “I admire your conviction but honestly, I think you should realize that these people don’t like you because you work for the Empire.” You shrug, whatever. He takes a sip of his water, squinting a bit in the low light of the club. “How’s Misri by the way?”

“Same old, same old,” you say. “If you’re wondering, we’re not an item, not yet.”

“For cute.” You blink, what? “Anyway, Misri’s a good girl. I can see it by the look of her.” You all look back to see Misri shaking her butt to the beat of the music, getting the attention of some very hungry looking pilots. She laughs, dancing close to a smelly Gamorrean. You look at Kuvasz. “I mean, a good girl on the inside. It would break my heart to see her get corrupted by this harsh Galaxy we live in.”

“Something tells me she’s not exactly innocent to it, gramps.” The two of you look back forward, then see Vikker laughing all the way to the counter. Under his arms a pair of Zeltrons, who laugh as they silently make plans to hit the bank. “Vikker!” you yell. He blinks, then drops the ladies and sidles on over to you. “Nice to see you’re still alive.”

He grabs your hand, clicking his tusks. “Same! Just enjoying myself with Smuggler’s Haven’s finest! You ready to help us go on the hunt for that Clone?”

> “You two can go first. I need to find a merchant first.”
> “Sure. Let’s grab Misri and get out of here.”
> Other
>>
>>43777052
>> “Sure. Let’s grab Misri and get out of here.”
>>
>>43777052
>> “You two can go first. I need to find a merchant first.”

Upgrades!

Also the rebels are no better either.
>>
>>43777052

Knowing our luck we might get kicked out as soon as we start trouble so best get some upgrades now while we can.
>>
>>43777052
"Keep in contact, but nothing too specific, if they were listening in on our communications a handheld unit is likely nothing to them"
>>
>>43777052
>“You two can go first. I need to find a merchant first.”
>Other
"And which ones are Empire-friendly or mercenary enough not to care? Apparently no one likes a privateer."
>>
>>43777052

Hope for something good, guys! Maybe we can find a starfighter that just requires a little TLC!
>>
>>43777052
>> “Sure. Let’s grab Misri and get out of here.”
>>

You stand up. “Actually, you two can go first. I need to head out with Misri, find a merchant that’ll actually do business with me.”

“Ah, fair enough.” Vikker softly punches you on the arm. “Take care of yourself. We’ll keep in contact, let you know if anything’s up.” Good, good. You move on over to Misri, who is starting to get cozy with a very curvy green Twi’lek.

You grab her collar, pulling Misri off the dance floor. “Come on. Let’s go.”

“Awww, I was just getting into the beat!” she whines.

-

-

“Rhys Cykgil?” The crusty Neimoidian trader underneath an old Gozanti glares at you. You nod, confirming your name while Misri browses his weapons racks. “You, bad business!” He wags his finger at you. “Get out of here! Out of here! No do business with Imperial privateer! Get out!” You grab Misri again and again you leave the fifth merchant who forces you out of his shop.

“Aw…” Misri looks back. “He had a nice hydrospanner I could’ve used. How come these guys don’t want to trade with you?”

“Empire’s not really well-liked amongst smugglers and trader types. They crack down on all the good illegal stuff, pod racers, spice, deathsticks, blasters, and much more.” You shrug, groaning in frustration. “Look, we have to look harder. There’s bound to be someone who at least doesn’t know who I am.”

“Why don’t you just not tell them who you are?” asks Misri.

“Being dishonest is even more of a sin on Haven, and besides they can just look up databases these days anyway,” you say. The two of you walk along the hangar. Freighters of all types are parked, with booths and kiosks selling all manners of miscellany. Misri trips, nearly falling flat on her face before recovering. The two of you look to see a Geonasian, saddest looking little bug you’ve ever seen. He holds a sign in his arms.

EMPIRE WIPED OUT GEONOSIS, WINGS CLIPPED, NEED CREDITS

[1/2]
>>
>>43777946
[2/2]

He clicks his teeth, looking up at Misri. “Aw, you poor thing.” Misri reaches into her pocket for a credit chit, then tosses it to the bug. The look on your face though gets her attention. “What? You not going to donate?”

“He’s probably going to spend it on spice anyway, they’re just bugs.” The two of you keep moving.

You stop however, then see a napping Zygerrian woman kick her feet up on her kiosk desk. Above her is a very aging and very terribly-kept Gozanti. But around her are quite a few parts, starship grade blasters, shield generators, the works. You motion Misri to follow you, then you step up to her kiosk and give it a knock. “Excuse me.” She wakes with a start, then looks up at you with a bursting red cybernetic eye and a blind milky white one. “You sell starship parts here?”

She blinks, tilting her head. “Y-… you actually want to buy something from me?” You nod. “M-… me!?” She stands up, grinning toothily. You regret this decision. “Oh! Finally!” She jumps up in the air. “I do declare!” She grabs your hand, shaking it. “Name of Jennis D’leer! I sell parts near and far, far and wide! Anything you want, dear boy! I got it!” She grins.

You nod, slowly. “Well, my name’s Rhys Cykgil. I hope that doesn’t-“

“Not at all! You’re the first customer I’ve had in… months!” She grins even more widely. “I mean… not many people want to do business with a Zygerrian! We’re not all slavers! … I mean, my near-kin are slavers, but not me! No sir, bless their hearts they are kind but I am a Force fearing young pup who loathes the trade!” She smiles happily. Her enthusiasm seems to be rubbing off on Misri too, who is already exploring her wares. “Go on, see what ya like! My parts are guaranteed to work and are cheap, cheap, cheap! Why, I tell ya-“

Misri points to one particular part. “… is this a turbolaser turret from a Star Destroyer!?”

“… well, yeah, when ya put it like that. It is.”

“How much?” you ask.

[2/3]
>>
File: Chain Gang.jpg (120 KB, 800x206) Image search: [Google]
Chain Gang.jpg
120 KB, 800x206
>>43777966
[3/3]

“7.5k. I’ve also got a shield generator for freighters goin’ on for 5.5k! My lines are divided between offense and defense, so all y’all feel free to look ‘round, don’t be shy!” She leans in, happily patting your chest. You step back, a little perturbed. “But listen, since you’re my first customer in so, so, long! You and me can talk up in my ship, we can discuss my uh… more…” She leans in. “Illegal wares.”

“They’re not slaves are they?” you ask.

“No!” she yells.

> “We can talk. Show me the good stuff.”
> “The shield generator’s good.” 5,500 Credits.
> “That turbo
>>
>>43778006
Messed up the options.

> "Let me check out the attack options."
> "Let me see the defense options."
> "We can talk about your unmentionables on your ship."
> Other
>>
>>43778006
>> “We can talk. Show me the good stuff.”

She looks like she has some good stock. Keep a hand on your blaster, though--this might get a little hairy.
>>
>>43778006
>>
>>43778006
>>
>>43778006
what type is that turbo?
>>
>>43778006
>I want my mechanic to take a look at your goods before buying.

She sounds shady best have our side kick take a look at the goods first before buying.
>>
File: Turbolaser-dt1.jpg (67 KB, 850x365) Image search: [Google]
Turbolaser-dt1.jpg
67 KB, 850x365
>>43778099
An XX-9 Turbolaser from an Imperial-I Star Destroyer. Probably a BIT too big for the Barloz but nothing Misri can't fix if you want to buy it.
>>
>>43778006
> "Let me check out the attack options."
>>
>>43778143
I wonder if Misri can rig it with additional capacitors to make it more of a "one shot one kill" weapon since we won't be able to survive a retaliation barrage from anything that warrants the use of a turbolaser to kill
>>
>>43778006
>> "Let me check out the attack options."
>> "Let me see the defense options."
>> "We can talk about your unmentionables on your ship."

I want to see everything.

Guys we have 44,600 credits.
>>
Guys, I'm just going to point something out.

A merchant with great wares
that hasnt had a costumer in months
that hasnt gone bankrupt
And is a zyggerian

just invited you to the back room.

Now I'm not saying this is a trap.
But its a fucken trap
>>
>>43778006
I still think we should buy a massively oversized shield and just spam missiles.
>>43778251
no shit. next you're gonna tell me The Empire might not be too trustworthy.
>>
>>43778006
>Other: Bring Misri
That turbo might be worth picking up; Strip it down and maybe use it as a spinal mount?
But you *always* wanna see the Good Stuff
>>
>>43778251
This is why i want our mechanic to take a look at her shit first.

Also won't rigging the Turbo in the rear turret make it rear heavy messing with the balance.

Also powering the thing will be ridiculous.

But boy do i want it.
>>
>>43778286
eh we can just give it its own generator. a fighter sized secondary generator in our cargohold should power one XX-9
>>
Does that shield generator have a make or model, or is it bit bashed together.
>>
>>43778310
True but we need to vote that Misri has to take a look at this stuff first and see what she can rig up safely before buying.
>>
>>43778319
No discernable make, but it does resemble several smaller starfighter shield generators kitbashed into one big one.
>>
>>43778006
>Other
Bring Misri to check the stuff over before we buy.
>>
>>43778238
Time to expend money bros. LEt's make this girl filthy rich with our jolly business
>>
>>43778353
Then let's not get that one. That sounds all kind of fishy.
>>
German will she show us all her good?
>>
>>43778537
I think we need to go to her ship for that.
>>
File: 1446846859418.jpg (445 KB, 1920x804) Image search: [Google]
1446846859418.jpg
445 KB, 1920x804
>>43778286
>>43778310

We should save on getting something that could dust anything smaller than a corvette until we get a ship that can properly mount such an armament--say, an a Blockade Runner with a matching crew to operate.
>>
>>43778669
Thing is, will we get something like that?

Ships are expensive. I want something bigger then our cannon but I'm open to what she has.
>>
>>43778276
>>43778286
We might be able to rework one of the cargo doors for the turbo, would also cut down on annoying questions like "so why the fuck is your freighter armed with a suspicious looking turbo-laser?"
>>
File: Corvette_negvv.jpg (220 KB, 1348x913) Image search: [Google]
Corvette_negvv.jpg
220 KB, 1348x913
>>43778772

Who said we had to buy it? If we could lift one off the hands of a pirate band or a Rebel Alliance cell, we'd have a new vessel at a relatively low cost--if you call "boarding action and wiping out the standing crew" low, anyhow.

If we need some extra bodies, we could probably dial Lotte for some Stormtrooper backup. Not so sure how the rank and file would sit with taking orders from a privateer, though.
>>

“Yeah, we can talk. Misri.” You wave her over, and she says goodbye to the big guns to come over to you. “Show us around inside. What’s so illegal that you keep it up in your ship anyway? This entire place is illegal.”

“Oh, y’all will see.” She quickly jogs up the ramp. “Come along!” You look at Misri, a bit suspicious. She shrugs, moving along inside. Well, if she trusts her, you might as well. You step board, and Jennis again encourages you two inside. “Come on!” The cruiser is a bit dark, and decrepit that’s for sure. The two of you are suddenly scared by the surprise arrival of an EV-series labor droid.

“DESTROY ALL GIZKA!” On his arm is mounted a little flamethrower. He hobbles over on one peg leg and one barely function leg and passes by into another room. Jennis grins nervously.

“… hehehe, I have a small, very small, Gizka infestation. Don’t worry, Evvy’s got it covered,” she says.

“DETECTING VERMIN INFESTATION WITHIN THIS ROOM. PROBABILITY OF ESCAPE. ZERO PERCENT.” Fires burst from behind the door. Jennis quickly motions you two into her cargo hold.

“Right, right. Here we are!” Jennis turns on the light, showing off a huge armory of personal disruptor weaponry, Starfighter enhancement kits, thermal detonators, Stormtrooper armor, and much much more. “The illegal wares! Black market stuff!” She happily claps her hands together. “You want me to make you some drinks?” You stare at her. “… a-… am I making you nervous?” You nod. “Sorry. I’ll just uh… let you take a look around. See what you like! Price tags are right next to the items!”
>>
>>43778870
They only had a Delta Frigate which we took down, not sure how their going to get the funds getting a new ship.
>>
>>43778885
[2/2]

Well, let’s see.

Misri however gets your attention on one thing in particular. “What’s this?” she asks.

“That’s a AG-2 Quad laser,” says Jennis. “10k for it, you mount it on your starship and TIE Fighters just about disintegrate before they even get close. Or… if you’re looking for something a bit more personal!” She holds up a very big disruptor rifle. “This T-7 Ion Disruptor! Proven during the fall of Lasat! You need something blown out of the sky or atomized, this thing’s your ticket!”

Misri scratches her chin, walking up to you. “I dunno. I don’t think we really need anything in here, do we?”

Jennis leans closer to you, pouting and pleading, her ears flapping a bit. “Please buy something, I’m almost out of credits and no one wants to do business with a Zygerrian unless I have slaves.”

> “I think I can settle for that AG-2.” 10,000 Credits.
> “Do you have any options for defenses?”
> “That T-7 Ion Disruptor looks good.” 15,000 Credits.
> Other
>>
>>43778870
It would probably be better to actually amass a smuggling crew, if we're looking at getting a Corvette-sized ship.
>>
>>43778912
>“Do you have any options for defenses?”
Let's keep our options open.
>>
>>43778912
That Quad-Laser looks nice, we probably want that. I'm still stuck on dat turbo, but that would be something for >>43778870, rather than a freighter-sized ship.
Maybe some concussion missiles for our R-77?
A personal shield for when [Skill] just doesn't cut it?
>>
>>43778912
>“Do you have any options for defenses?”
> Other
Check out the stormtrooper armor, and see if she has any personal ray shields.
Sure, it never seems to actually do any good for the mooks, but we discussed looking up some armor after that duel we had last time.
>>
>>43778912
>> “Do you have any options for defenses?”

Is anyone marking these down? Because I'm currently making a list of shit we may want.

Also what type of Starfighter enhancement kits does she have?

Also how much are thermal detonators?
>>
>>43778912
>>
File: 1446427787668.webm (888 KB, 1920x816) Image search: [Google]
1446427787668.webm
888 KB, 1920x816
>>43778912
>AG-2 Quad laser

Those are the cannons on the Falcon--really beefy armament, that.

Still, gotta see what else there is in stock.

Also

>Other
Ask about if she has any Clone Wars era blasters. After the dissolution of the Republic, there has to be a fuckton of Kaminoan surplus floating around the galaxy. DC-15 rifles and carbines and their respective parts shouldn't be too hard to come by, and would be a nice way to beef up our small arms arsenal.
>>
>>43778997
I'm definitely interested in that T-7.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/T-7_ion_disruptor_rifle

It's a man-portable, single-man operated anti-ship weapon. Definitely something that could be handy, so long as we don't get caught with it.

So destructive and effective, that even the Empire outlawed it.
>>
>>43779067
Keep in mind that the Empire regularly makes checks of our freighter any time we dock. You got a place to hide this shit?
>>
>>43778977
We can take on most fighter threats with our small fighter squadron (consisting of us and Spark) but capital is going to be hard without either lots of missiles or a turbolaser.
>>
>>43779067
Thats fucking ridiculus.

Lets ducteip it to our R-22!
>>
>>43778977
We should definitely look to get some starfighter enhancement kits for our R-22 and Vulture Droid.

also.
>>43778912
>>43778988
>>43778997
>>43779045
Asking for these. Compared to that upgrade in Manaan it's cheap.
>>
>>43779084
They check us, but how far can our Letter of Marque get us?
>>
>>43778912
Thermo grenades...she has thermo grenades!!! Give me woman give me everything Muwahahahaha!!!! Also grab the stormtrooper armor we can make a desing so it looks diferent a paint job or something like that. Maybe ask if she has something else.
>>
File: 1445613188073.png (384 KB, 737x599) Image search: [Google]
1445613188073.png
384 KB, 737x599
>>43779088

We shouldn't even be considering taking on Capital ships yet. If we find ourselves having to take on a capital ship with our flimsy freighter and fighter escort, we've obviously fucked up so bad that we kinda deserve to be in that big pile of shit.
>>
>>43779112
that's an ingenious idea! maybe hollow out a missile and place it inside of that? might pass inspection.
>>
>>43779132
Not very far. Just because we're an Imperial privateer doesn't mean we're above Imperial regulations.
>>
>>43779088
Yeah, but if we've gotta deal with Capital-class threats, we've already fucked up hard.
>>
>>43779145
Capital ships. Hell no.

Frigates and maybe Destroyers. That is definitivly a power boost.

Also the Bartolz is durable according to the wiki. Definitely not flimsy.
>>
>>43779145
uh we already kind of took down one. Besides destroyers (in the original ww2 sense) are smaller than their prey but pack a massive punch. ours just happens to also serve as both a small carrier and was originally a freighter.
>>
>>43779067
>It's a man-portable, single-man operated anti-ship weapon
Dear god. Want it, want it now.
>>
>>43779200
We took down a Firgate, with Y-wings made to carry a shit ton of photon torpedos.

Our concussion missiles (which our Re-22 can carry two in each tube) didn't do much.

And if you are talking about the Furies ship, we were lucky since it's in disrepair.
>>
>>43779200
The thing is, we're a smuggler, not a merc. Our weapons are secondary to [Skill], [Charisma], and [Cunning].
>>
>>43778912
> “That T-7 Ion Disruptor looks good.” 15,000 Credits.
>"What else do you have, anything for personal defense besides paper, i mean stormtrooper, armor. And what was that about fighter ship kits?"
>>
>>43778912
>buy Ion Disruptor
>install onto our fighter
>trench run the enemy capital ship
>??????
>mad dosh
>>
>>43779266
Maybe another time.

Jennis, is our personnel merchant now.
>>
File: 1448149560801.jpg (96 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1448149560801.jpg
96 KB, 800x800
>>43779200

That Nebulon B was a frigate, not a capital ship. A capital ship would be something like a Venator or a bread and butter Star Destroyer.
>>
>>43779265
This is correct. Anything we grab is under the assumption that we're only protecting our own hide, not actively looking for fights.
>>
>>43779301
Not to mention the Nebulon B is flawed as hell.
>>
>>43779112
Nah, nah, just roll down the window, lean out and fire.
>>
>>43779266
This all of this.

Does she have emp grenades? Since we're figthing droid might be usefull.
>>

“Do you have defensive options?” you ask.

“Sure!” She places the Ion Disruptor on a table, then quickly jogs over to another crate of unmentionable items. “Here we have a full suit of Stormtrooper armor! Guaranteed, no damage!”

You feel the need to point out a scorchmark across the helmet. “That looks like a blaster mark.”

“You’re imagining it,” says Jennis quickly. “… okay, it is a blaster mark, it would explain how I got this armor. But still! 20k for the armor. No separate piece buying.” Damn, you were tempted to get the shin and arm guards. “However, if prancing around like a buckethead is not your fancy, I do have something else!” She hurries over to another crate, and opens it up revealing a belt-mounted energy shield. “This little number! A personal energy shield, can block most projectiles until it overheats and dissipates. I wouldn’t use it as your primary means of defense but… well, it’s 12k.” You nod, okay. “Or maybe you want something explosive! Like this crate of Thermal detonators!”

[1/2]
>>
>>43779303
At the same time, we are also hopelessly liable to get into fights...

And when that happens, it aint cheating if we win!

But yea, I have no idea how she got all of this shit, I honestly dont want to know because jesus H fucking christ.

But I bet this is the start of a splendid patronship
>>
>>43779358
[2/2]

You point to one detonator. Wait. These aren’t Thermal Detonators. “That doesn’t look like a thermal detonator.”

“Okay, these are actually plasma grenades. But don’t worry, they won’t stick to your hands, I promise you. For the whole crate, I want just 2k.”

“What about these enhancement kits?” asks Misri. The two of you look to her exploring a crate. “What do they do?”

“Well, it’s mostly just a basic build-a-starfighter kit except without the Starfighter. But those are my personal touch. I’ve stolen the TIE propulsion system from downed TIEs, combined with their blaster cannons, and I’ve put them all into one convenient package! Also comes with basic power capacitor upgrades too.”

Misri walks over. “One of those could restore Sparks’ to flying condition.” Hm, good point.

“25k for those,” she says. “Anything else?” She smiles, happily expecting you to buy the entire lot. You open your mouth. “By the way, I don’t haggle.”

> Buy something (Specify)
> “Sorry, not interested.”
> Other
>>
>>43779377
Turbolaser
Ion Disruptor
Personal Shield

you promised I wouldn't have to pay a single credit Misri
>>
>>43779377
I'm liking that personal energy shield. It's subtle.

If Misri really wants the starfighter kit, that'll be fine too. The sooner we get Sparks in good condition, the better he can pull his weight.
>>
File: 1446825797977.webm (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1446825797977.webm
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>43779377

>I’ve stolen the TIE propulsion system from downed TIEs, combined with their blaster cannons, and I’ve put them all into one convenient package! Also comes with basic power capacitor upgrades too.”

Well, I think we've found our upgrade kit for the Vulture Droid. Let's get one of those, and the plasma grenades.

And ask about those Clone Wars DC-15's. If we can't get those, we might as well peruse the rest of this space hulk and see about finding someone who deals in Republic/Empire surplus.
>>
>>43779358
Probably the shield, the quad-lasers, and maybe a couple thermals. Plasma grenades too, definitely, if only because it's a cheap way to unlock the [Grenade!] option.

>Quad-Lasers: 10,000
>Personal Shield: 12,000 (Concealable?)
>[Grenade!]: 2,000
>Total: 24,000
Disruptor would be another 15,000 - We can afford to tack it on, but it'll break the bank. Our Broomhandle and Clonegun have been good to us so far, no reason to replace them.

We could probably get some TIE engines and weapons off our Imperial contacts, probably in exchange for some job or other.
>>
>>43779437
Again, where the hell are we going to keep the ion disruptor and not get arrested by Imperial inspectors for it?
>>
>>43779377
>Crate of grenades (2k)
>T-7 (15)
>Sparks Fixing kit (25)

comes out at 42 I do believe.

Also get her fucking number, we need to be able to call this crazy bint and tell her to get good shit ready.
>>
>>43779377
Tie fighter kit 25k
Quad laser turrets 10k
Plasma grenades 2k
>>
>>43779478
we install it on our fighter and disguise it as a missile.
>>
>>43779478
Inside the r-22, they arnt going to go checking inside the damn missile launchers or such
>>
>>43779377
Ask how much can misri pay for the kit and help her pay for the rest
>>
>>43779521
But the concussion torpedoed work well.

How much ammo does the ion disrupt or go for?
>>
I'll let you guys know now, Jennis can be a regular business partner with you. So whatever you don't buy now may be available later.
>>
>>43779605
In that case, we can get the personal shield, the grenades, and the starfighter kit. Those are what everyone seems to agree on. We can quibble over the guns later.
>>
>>43779605

Are there any other merchants we can talk with on this pirate base, Schteel? If there are, I'd advise against buying anything unless we see the other vendors.
>>
>>43779646
Due to your particular allegiance with the Empire, most everybody on the station wants nothing to do with you.
>>
>>43779646
We did but they hate us for being empire
>>
>Quad-Lasers: 10,000
>Personal Shield: 12,000 (Concealable?)
>[Grenade!]: 2,000
>Tie fighter kit 25,000
>Total: 49,000
>>
>>43779646
For all intents and purposes, every other vendor is refusing Rhys on principle, what with being an Imperial privateer and all. Jennis is the only vendor so far actually willing to work with us.
>>
>>43779377
I hate you so much right now Misri. that's 25k down the fucking drain just to speed your fucking pets repair that would have been done for free with some time.
>>
>>43779666
How much does Misri have? She said she'll pay or help restore it. Could ofsett the cost of the TIE
>>
>>43779377
Definitely the Shield Generator, at the very least. Too useful not to get.
>>
>>43779646
Not wanting to become the favorite client of a emerging merchant. You never had played Final Fantasy did you?
>>
>>43779697
>>43779715

If you don't buy it, she'll probably find some way to buy it off of her. She's got just about 20k in her bank.
>>
>>43779720
I don't trust it, its basically a kit bash model of several of them,. doesn't seem safe
>>
>>43779697
Quit your bitching. We will have a fully functional vulture droid NOW if we buy the kit, which will make life easier in the long run.
>>
>>43779697
We can always haggle
>>
>>43779753
we cannot.
>

“25k for those,” she says. “Anything else?” She smiles, happily expecting you to buy the entire lot. You open your mouth. “By the way, I don’t haggle.”
>>
>>43779738
Then we can split the cost with Misri, if she doesn't mind. She can cover 10k, and we'll cover the other 15k.

>>43779753
Jennis said "no haggling" upfront.
>>
>>43779748
And where are you getting that info?
>>
>>43779738
see
>>43779783
If Misri's got about 20k, then we can split it. She goes 15, we do 10, and we'll say she owes us.
>>
>>43779806
German said so himself here
>>43778353
>>
>>43779810
I'm not gonna hold a debt over Misri's head like that. Besides, we've got bigger cash reserves, so it'd be fair to pay the bigger percentage of the cost.

Unless Misri wants to go true halfsies and spend 12.5k apiece.
>>
>>43779810
I was thinking she pays 13K while we pay 12K

Also how powerful is the Quad Laser cannons?

and how energy draining is the Turbolaser German?
>>
>>43779738
How much ammunition does the Ion disrupter have?

and if will it fire continuously if we mount it on our RE-22?
>>
Quad cannons
Starfighter kit
'nades
>>
test
>>
>>43779928
We're not arming a man-sized gun onto a starfighter. That'd be silly. Plus, we'd probably blow it out with the power input.
>>
>>43779673
> AG-2 Quad: 10k
> Personal Shield: 12k (and yes, it is concealable, it wouldn't be illegal if it wasn't)
> Grenades: 2k
> TIE Kit: 25k (Misri 12.5k, you 12.5k)
> Total: 36.5k Credits (I think)

>>43779892
Well, it's a capital ship grade weapon so very draining.

>>43779928
I honestly don't know because it's from Star Wars Rebels and as a result there isn't too much information on it. But it will actually need to be modified to work properly with the R-22.

Anyway though, confirm your purchase?
>>
>>43779987
Confirm. This is good for now.
>>
>>43779987
i'm okay with this purchase.
>>
>>43779987
>Buy the Shield Generator but have Misri check it out first.
>>
>>43779987
Yea, looks good to me.
>>
>>43779987
>Personal Shield: 12k (and yes, it is concealable, it wouldn't be illegal if it wasn't)
It's not so much "This is illegal we'd better hide it" so much as it is "This is a significant advantage in a fight, even more so if our opponent doesn't know we've got it"
>>
>>43780041
>>43780083
Guys. can we have Misri check to see if the Generator is good and if it is, let's buy it so a ion blast won't knock out our hyperdrive in one hit/
>>
>>43779987
Confirm
Still want the t-7 for the walking warcrime factor but still happy with this list.
>>
>>43780125
An ion blast will knock anything out. Besides, if you're talking about a generator for the freighter, that's under her legit wares, so it needs to meet standards.
>>
>>43780146
That is what I'm asking. Have Misri check it out and if it's good we can add it to our freighter.
>>
>>43780125
Of course we can we're just arranging our purchases. Schteel can we have Misri check the genarator?
>>
>>43780125
That shield generator is a kitbashed mess cobbled together from starfighter generators--I wouldn't trust it to properly shield the Death Star architects from the shouts of conspiracy theorists who say Yavin was an inside job.
>>
>>43780146
What do you mean by standards?
>>
>>43779987
alas it appears we won't be hitting way above our tonnage. Would have been glorious.
Sure let's go with that.
>>
>>43780171
We can afford to sit on a shield generator for the Barloz, at least for a little while. It's a bulky ship as it is, so it can hold up against small-arms fire.
>>
>>43780187
That is why I want Misri to see it. She is our Mechanic. I want to know what it's output, if it's better then our old one and if it's safe.
>>
>>43779987
Confirming. We should probably look at getting some more money after this though.
>>
>>43780265
We're hunting treasure and rebels want us dead. So we'll earn some cash soon.
>>
>>43780125
>>43780146
>>43780171
>>43780184
>>43780187
>>43780207
>>43780232
Guys, I think the Personal Shield Generator might be man-portable.
>>
>>43780265
We've been living fairly well between our Rebel paydays. This is our second mass influx of cash in a row, so it's not surprising we go on these big shopping trips. The best part is we only have to purchase these things once.
>>
>>43780298
I meant the one for the Freighter on her safe wears.

Also make sure to get her contact information!
>>
>>43780298
It IS man-portable; that's the point of a PERSONAL shield generator. That anon was arguing about a shield generator for our Barloz; THAT'S the kitbashed one.
>>
>>43780317
>>43780323
Oh.
>>
>>43780323
I'm sketchy about it too. So check it before you buy it you know?

That reminds me how many hard points do we have on our Baltoz? If we only have one, what do we do with the old Laser Cannon.
>>
>>43780401
The Barloz is huge. If there isn't a hardpoint, we'll make one.
>>
> BOUGHT

“Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you! You just bought me meals for the next year!” She hugs you as the two of you leave down the boarding ramp. She’s damn near riding you down as you step down. “Thank you so much! Thank you!” She kisses you on the cheek, again, and again, and again. “Oh! I can’t begin to thank you enough! You’re always welcome on the Chain Gang!” You and Misri glance at her. “… that is, my ship. It’s called the Chain Gang, it’s- it’s not… yeah. But still, thank you!” She kisses you on the cheeks again.

“Hey, hey.” You stop her and smirk. You tap your lips. “My lips are right here.”

“Oh you cheeky li’l-!” She playfully slaps your shoulder, blushing. “Stop!” She grins happily. “I’m not giving you a discount if that’s what you think!” She looks at you with the implication that she probably would. “I’ll have Evvie send the parts over to your ship, right Evvie?”

Evvie bursts out of a room, covered in Gizka. “EVVIE REQUIRES ASSISTANCE.”

“He’ll do it,” says Jennis. “Anyway, my wares will always be open to you.” She hands you a holocard. “There’s my contact information, call me whenever you need a starving Zygerrian scavver in need of funds!” She leans closer, biting her lip. “And company.”

You chuckle a bit. “Oh, well…”

“Come on, Charm bel Iblis.” Misri grabs your collar, pulling you away. You wave goodbye to Jennis as Misri says, “I’m going to get the new stuff installed on Sparks and the ship fast as I can.”

[1/2]
>>
>>43780456
[2/2]

“Alright, alright,” you say, pushing her hand off of you. Your communicator beeps. “Vikker?”

“Rhys! Hey! Uh… listen, we’re in a bit of a pickle here,” he says. Oh great. “C-… could you come to Hangar G-22?”

“G-22?” You squint. “That’s a private hangar? What happened?”

“Well, we found your Clone but uh… he’s got friends,” says Vikker. “They got drop on us and-“ The message stops.

Suddenly, a new voice comes over the comm. “Come to G-22 or we’ll space your friends. Come alone. If you alert Security, we space them anyway.” Misri looks at you, concerned.

> “Follow me.”
> “Well, you heard him. Get back to the ship, I’ll handle it.”
> Other
>>
>>43780481
>Other
Let's pick up that Personal Shield and Grenades now.

Man, now I wish we'd bought that T-7.
>>
>>43780187
Are you saying Yavin wasn't an inside job?
>>
>>43780481
How many Plasma grenades are in that crate anyway?

But yeah pick up that generator.

>>
>>43780481
>“Well, you heard him. Get back to the ship, I’ll handle it.”
Grab our new shield generator and a couple grenades. No time like the present to test our new wares.

>>43780561
We got a full crate of them, so assume we're not going to run out for a long long time.
>>
>>43780481
>> “Well, you heard him. Get back to the ship, I’ll handle it.”
It's a hangar. That means it's open to space.
That means we can get the ship in on this, if we need superheavy support or a quick evac.
Better grab that Personal Shield and a couple Grenades before we head out, though.
>>
>>43780481
>> “Well, you heard him. Get back to the ship, I’ll handle it.”

Go fix up Sparkles.

And I'll comm you on this freq if i need backup. Bring the boom.
>>
>>43780481
>>
>>43780525

This.
And then
>> “Follow me.”
>>
>>43780561
Most crates in the military come with 25 grenades. Don't know if the QM will allow so much fire power.
>>
>>43780699
It'll all be in storage. We can take 2-4 with us on our person.
>>
>>43780481
>>43780603
This.

>>43780525
Might have been too big and would have scrapped our friends.
>>

“Well, you heard him, get back to the ship. I can handle this.” You grab the personal energy shield and hook it onto your belt, then grab a pair of plasma grenades and hook them onto your belt as well. Good thing you bought these. “I’ll let you know if I need backup.” She nods, walking backwards away as you head for G-22. She might be worried, yes, you are going into a fight. But, well, not like you’ve never been drawn into this kind of stuff before.

-

-

You steel yourself before the door of Hangar G-22. Your hands wiggle right above your holsters carrying your DL-44 and your DC-17. Better keep things simple, clean and efficient. Alright. You hit the button, and the hangar opens up to you. Inside is a Rebel GR-75 Gallofree transport. And right before you now, settled upon a hovercart are Vikker and Kuvasz, bound up in cuffs. “When I get out of these cuffs, I’m spacing the lot of you!” yells Kuvasz.

Around your two associates are an entire platoon of soldiers in rags, with the distinct flared back helmets of the Rebel Alliance soldiery. Some wore ponchos, others wore beat up khakis, some blue shirts with black vests, and others with heavy body armor as well. There had to be at least twenty. And leading them was a very old looking Clone, with an R2 Unit by his side. “Rhys, didn’t think you’d make it, you spoiled little brat. The name’s Stack.”

[1/2]
>>
>>43780970
[2/2]

“Is it because they stacked bantha fodder to make you?” you say.

“Ha!” Stack smiles, crossing his arms. “Sense of humor, I like that.”

“What’s a Clone working with Rebels anyway?” you ask.

“They’re fighting against the Empire, the same Empire that took my General away from me, the same Empire that took freedom from the Galaxy,” he states. Oh, cry me a river. “Now, we know these guys are important to you, so we’re going to make things clear. We have this entire hangar to ourselves so if we want to blast you, we will, and no one will care because you’re an Imperial lapdog.” You roll your eyes. “Here’s what we’ll do. You turn yourself into us, we let your friends go. You refuse, we space them.”

You place your hands on your hips, making the troopers flinch as your hands get closer to your blasters. “Look, I’m not interested-“

“I know you’re after the Treasure,” says Stack. “So are we! I told these guys everything! And if you know what’s good for you, you’ll submit, boy!” You look around. Damn, the shield generator for the hangar doors isn’t exposed, curse these safety features. You look down at Vikker and Kuvasz, who shake their heads at you, telling you not to give in.

> “Fine, I surrender.” Surrender in full, let them take you.
> “Fine, I surrender.” Fake them out.
> “Yeah, no.” Blast them.
> Other
>>
>>43780992
>>
>>43780992
>"Catch" "Throw Plasma Grendnae"

PAYCHECK!
>>
>>43780992
>> “Fine, I surrender.” Fake them out.

Getting real tired of your shit, Rebels.
>>
>>43780992
>“Fine, I surrender.” Fake them out.
>>
>>43780992
>>
>>43780992
> “Yeah, no.” Grenade them."

But lets try to not throw it to close, more of a distraction maneuver that allows us to get into cover, we dont wanna kill Vikker, Kouvasz or the droid afterall...

At the same time, starting a straight up firefight with 20 blokes is not a good idea.
>>
>>43780992
>“Yeah, no.” Blast them.
But don't say anything until after we shoot.
Don't give them a chance to react.
>>
>>43780992
>“Fine, I surrender.” Fake them out.
If the clone's not cooperating, we have no reason to not shoot him or blow him up. Everyone except Vikker, Kuvasz and the R2 are expendable.
>>
>>43780992
>> Other
Subvocalise to misri
"Get the ship and fly around to G-22 outside. Get ready to catch us when we float out exposed without suits."

"Come on! Theres alot of treasure on that ship. Can't we work out some kind of deal? Plenty for everyone. Me and my associates can retire from this ship and you guys can fund your rebellion as well. I'm only in for the credits."

Stall, play for time for Misri to get around.

Then blast them and try to grenade the hanger doors.

Or get misri to blow the hanger containement field to achieve the same effect.
>>
>>43780992
> Other
An entire platoon? That's about 40 guys. Rebels or no, I don't like those odds. Can we get our ship to blast a way in here?
Failing that,
> “Fine, I surrender.” Fake them out
Tell him we'll give him everything we've got on the treasure, that's four co-ordinate pieces, in exchange for our men. Then we reach for our datapad (which is actually a handful of plasma grenades), so we can toss it to him.
>>
>>43780992
>Other
"How about instead, we play...catch!"
Throw the plasma grenades and then draw while shooting and diving into cover.
>>
>>43781100
This.

What good indiana jones doesnt attempt to negotiate
>>
>>43781109
>An entire platoon? That's about 40 guys
No, it's 20. Says so right here >>43780970
>There had to be at least twenty
>>
>>43780992
>> “Yeah, no.” Blast them.
Grenades for everyone!!
>>
File: grey tide.jpg (33 KB, 610x343) Image search: [Google]
grey tide.jpg
33 KB, 610x343
>>43781100
>"Get the ship and fly around to G-22 outside. Get ready to catch us when we float out exposed without suits."
Also worth keeping that in mind - Maybe we can channel our inner spessman and do the ol' Fire Extinguisher Jetpack trick? Space isn't immediately deadly, as long as you can hold your breath for about a minute.
>>
File: download.jpg (7 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7 KB, 225x225
>>43780992
count to 3, then throw the grenade
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (124 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
124 KB, 1920x1080
>>43781100
>grenade the hanger doors
>Expecting a hull breach in this room from a plasma grenade
>Expecting to survive in open space in any capacity
>Expecting being able to come back to Smuggler's Haven if we fire on the ship
>>
>>43780992
>> “Fine, I surrender.” Fake them out.
>>
>>43781144
Twenty guys, still not really good odds.
>>
>>43781154
>Space isn't immediately deadly, as long as you can hold your breath for about a minute.

Hold your breath in space is never a good idea. Always breath out when you're heading into vacuum.
>>
>>43781160
Its their hanger. Damage is on them.
>>
>>43781160
a human can survive in hard vacuum for approximately 60 seconds without risk of permanent damage. past that you start losing extremities. to what depends on your proximity to a star.
>>
>>43781198
>Blow open the doors to their hangar with the Barloz
>They own the hangar, so it's their fault
Beyond that not making sense, we'd still get blacklisted from Smuggler's Haven, so what fucking good will that do us?
>>
>>43781228

Aside from forcing us to get more buddy-buddy with Imperial suppliers and scavvers in order to get anything? No clue.
>>
>>43781100
Voting for this one great job anon!!
>>
>>43781173
"Never telll me the odds."
>>
>>43781100
We won't have had time to get everything loaded onto the ship by now, never mind that this plan is way too risky on several fronts. There has to be a smarter way to get the drop on the Rebels without pissing off everyone else and nearly killing us.
>>
>>43781228

Considering that this be smugglers haven and they probably have had more than a few incidents from this arising from bounty hunters, they probably have some procedures to get back in. Like paying a fine/fee or something.

Otherwise, if they really really didnt want shit like this to go down, they would have demanded weapons to be handed over and warnings about no weapon discharges or being booted off the station. Like a number of places in star wars canon actually do.
>>
>>43781100
This. The best distraction is the one where the enemy dies.
>>

You walk up to them, holding your hands up. “Alright, you got me. But listen, why can’t we talk about this like civilized people? This treasure’s big enough for the two of us, we can split it.”

One of the Rebel soldiers walks up to you, grabbing your wrists and preparing some cuffs. “That much money could buy the Alliance a big enough fleet to take on the entire Empire. This ain’t easy for either of us, Cykgil.” He looks down at your belt, pausing. “Are those Thermal Detonators?” he asks. “You know those illegal right?”

“Actually, they’re plasma grenades,” you say. “You see, there’s a bit of an issue with them you know. They have a tendency to stick to their users. Weird issue with the plasma and the magnetic field.”

He squints. “Really?”

In one second, you quickly arm it and stick it to his chestplate. “Really.” You kick him towards his compatriots. His scream of surprise is cut off by the much louder explosion. Vikker and Kuvasz are thrown off the cart, and you dive back down into cover behind a crate.

“Get him!” yells Stack. You don’t know how many Rebels you killed in that explosion, but hopefully good amount. Kuvasz quickly recovers and kicks an advancing soldier onto the now vacant hovercart.

[1/2]
>>
>>43781487
[2/2]

“Thanks for stopping by,” he says as he taps his cheek against the controls. He and Vikker quickly duck down and run towards. The dazed and confused Rebel soldier suddenly realizes his position, but is too late. The cart goes barreling down the hangar, knocking over another soldier. The poor unfortunate man is thrown into space, screaming all the way. Kuvasz dives down next to you, and you blast off his cuffs, then Vikker’s. “I think you got four of them in that blast!”

“That’s still leaves a good number of them!” You hand off the DL-44 to Kuvasz. You hold out a grenade to Vikker. “Oh, no thanks. I saw what you did there, I’m not taking that chance.” Fair enough.

“Die, Imperial Scum!” yells a soldier. Kuvasz pops up and blasts him between the eyes.

“Look, the R2!” yells Vikker. Stack and the R2 are running up the ramp into the Gallofree. You look around, there has to be a way of… are those fuel cells sitting next to the transport!?

> Blow up the fuel cells and hope the ensuing explosion doesn’t destroy you or the R2.
> Too risky, just go for a hasty rush to the ramp.
> Forget this. You’ll nab him outside ship-to-ship.
> Other
>>
>>43781505
>Too risky, just go for a hasty rush to the ramp.
When VIPs (the R2) are involved, collateral damage is too risky.
>>
>>43781505
>> Forget this. You’ll nab him outside ship-to-ship.

Let's do what we do best. Also let's not piss of the haven guys
>>
>>43781505
>>
>>43781505
have Kuvsaz provide cover fire, shoot the leg off the droid so it can't roll
>>
>>43781505
>>
>>43781505
>> Blow up the fuel cells and hope the ensuing explosion doesn’t destroy you or the R2.
Fuck it. At least there won't be that much competition if they do get blown up.
>>
>>43781505
>>
>>43781505
>>43781530
>>43781546
>>43781548
>>43781577
>>43781599
>Guys make sure we loot a Rebel Rifle and Pistol on our way there.
>>
>>43781548
this, that shield will come in handy. Maybe grab and toss a random canister or something and yell grenade as we run.
>>
>>43781591
The rebels just got one set of coordinates for free. With this R2, we will have 4/5.
>>
>Hold plasma and run towards them shouting alluha ackbar.
>>
>>43781670
wort
>>
>>43781505
[Other]
>>43781548
Shoot the leg off the droid.
>>
>>43781548
seconding mad sniping skillz
>>
>inb4 flying R2-D2
>>

“Hit that R2,” you says. “I’ll get it myself!” You hand off your DC-17 to Vikker, then start charging the ship. Kuvasz pops out of cover again, flinching at the blaster fire coming down on him. This does nothing to stymie his aim. The bolt he fires finds its mark, blasting the R2’s leg apart. It whirs and squeals in pain as Stack grabs and drags it up the ramp himself. One soldier rises up out of cover to nab you, but is blasted in the heart by Vikker. The soldier drops his A280 Blaster Rifle, which you grab right out of his cold dead hands. Thanks to this personal energy shield, the hits that you do take are dulled into more stinging pains rather than shots that would kill you.

You step onto the transport, and find a technician grabbing his pistol. You quickly fire a burst at him, shredding him. He falls over dead. You turn the corner through the dirty and grimy halls of the Gallofree. “Stack!” you yell. “Get out here!” You charge around the corner, and find your face hitting Stack’s fist.

“Ha!” He grabs you before you can recover and throws you against a wall. Old man’s got some strength in him. “Not flying now are ya, fly boy!?”

You kick his knee, and he screams as he falls over. Once you get up, you jump up and land his on leg, stomping down and snapping the old brittle bones. He shrieks as he writhes in pain at his broken leg. “This ain’t the Clone Wars anymore.” You look over at his R2, lying on its side. You jam your fingers into a crack and smash it open. And there it is, the holodisk. You grab your holopad and check it. Is it there?

It is! Yes! Now to- “Hahaha!” You look back at him, and see him holding a detonator. “… if I go down, you’re going down with me!”

Oh.

You start running the minute he presses that button. You don’t know if it’s instant or if it’s on a timer. But you do manage to make it to the boarding ramp-

[1/2]
>>
>>43782113
[2/2]

-

-

Your eyes open. You feel like you just got flogged. Your vision clears, and it is Misri. “… you’re awake,” she says. You’re about to ask when she says, “Explosion almost killed you, blast knocked you right into a wall. Kuvasz and Vikker brought you back to the Barloz since medical wouldn’t treat you. So we rented out a Medical droid and had you treated.”

You groan, feeling your chest. “What’s the damage?” you ask.

“Burns, a couple of broken bones, the Doc said it would’ve been worse without that shield of yours.” Lucky purchase then. She smiles, kicking her leg up onto your bed. You’re in your Captain’s Quarters now. “Feeling better?”

> “I dunno. I think I need a kiss to make the booboo go away.”
> “Much.”
> “Just get the others in here, we need to discuss our next step.”
> Other
>>
>>43782130
>> “Much.”
>>
>>43782130
>> “I dunno. I think I need a kiss to make the booboo go away.”
>Did we get their transport?
>>
>>43782130
>> “Much, thanks kid.”

Ruffle hair.
>>
>>43782130
> “Much.”
> “Just get the others in here, we need to discuss our next step.”
> "How much did the droid cost?"
>>
>>43782130
>> “Much.”
>> “Just get the others in here, we need to discuss our next step.”
we got a major payday coming up.
>>
>>43782130
>panic franticly realizing taht you don't have the holodisk
>>
>>43782130
>> Other
I'm fell as if Rancor ran past me. But i'm alive. Broken but alive.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.