[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dragon Ball Tuffle Quest Z #10
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49
File: KamehamehaZ.jpg (346 KB, 800x1007) Image search: [Google]
KamehamehaZ.jpg
346 KB, 800x1007
>You are Maple Son-Mahogany, one of two young Tuffle twins thrown at Earth starting in early Dragon Ball by your "father," Dr. Raichi

>"Canon" had already taken a sharp turn from the "norm" when you began, and through your actions, choices, and dialogue, took even further turns from the "norm," and will probably continue to do so

>Stats and dice mechanics are used, and can be explained again as needed

>Let's all try to have some fun, ok?

And a pastebin: http://pastebin.com/CJLSPrB3

Last time, on Dragon Ball Tuffle Quest Z! The final preparations for the upcoming World Martial Arts Tournament are complete, and now, it's time to finally begin...
>>
File: TeenGoku-h.jpg (55 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
TeenGoku-h.jpg
55 KB, 640x480
>>43774004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8JwUGR9Sok

You and your family step forward to the registration area, Gohan and Peppa looking around and taking in all the new sights and sounds. The dog person at the registration booth smiles as he sees you both approach. "Well well, if it isn't the Champion Couple. Lots of people have been hoping you two would be here again."

You and Goku smile and let out a little chuckle. "Heh heh, we may be parents but we're not letting that slow us down."

"Indeed, indeed." he responds with a nod. You and Goku jot your names down, the kids staring curiously at the sheets.

"Pan... tea..." your daughter mumbles, Gohan nodding in agreement. You look down and see on the Junior Division the girl's name, as well as Videl's. Heh, well, you could sense them here already, looks like they've gotten themselves signed in. Doesn't look like anyone else is on there yet, but you can sense at least the Crane School on their way.

"So, Yamcha and Hercule are here, huh?" Goku comments. "Doesn't look like there are a lot of kids signed up for the junior division, though..." His tail curls around his waist as he scratches the top of his head. "Ah well, what do you wanna do, Maple?"

>A. Let's try to find them, monkey boy!
>B. Let's wait here, seems we're ahead of most everyone else
>C. Well, it's about noon, maybe we should get some grub
>D. Something else?
>>
>>43774019

Hows it going Kato.
>>
>>43774019
>>
>>43774019
>>
>>43774019

Feed the kids and Goku before anything big happens.

I hope your feeling well Kato.
>>
>>43774044
>>43774102
Much better than I was Friday, at the very least.
>>
>>43774004
Here, have some Raging Blast 2 music to use:
https://youtu.be/QEf70mFALRQ?list=PLngas51iS5thFvIWc3peooyzIQMiE8p0g
>>
>>43774106
Good.
Does the Earth's Special Defense Force have a theme song?

We should pose and announce our team to the public in our first round. Fans will love it.
>>
>>43774019

Place your bets. Who will be the winner of the first Junior Division? Pantea or Videl?
>>
>>43774135
It's the Earth Special Forces due to that having won the vote.
>>
Canon Z
EVERYBODY IS FREAKING OUT AND TRAINING FOR THE INCOMING SAIYANS

Tuffle Z
Hey man, how bout this tournament?! Who wants cotton candy?
>>
Why was Dragon Ball Z called Dragon Ball "Z"?
>>
>>43774204
It was supposed to be a two, but an editor thought it was a Z, but Toriyama liked it.
>>
>>43774187
Just wait when shit hits the fan for us. It'll probably be in a relatively more peaceful time in Canon era.

Also I'd love some.
>>
>>43774135
>>43774149
It was actually kind of both of these. Maple said something along the lines of "I like the sound of ESF or maybe ESDF"
>>
>>43774019
So is it pronounced like "Pan" and "Tea" together?
>>
>>43774281
Here, have a chart of how that vote went.
>>
>>43774290
I always thought of it as Pan-Tey-Ah
>>
>>43774310
Your chart may be true but it doesn't change what happened

>You rub your chin. "Not gonna lie... 'Earth's Special Forces' has a nice ring to it. Though... maybe something a bit different. Yajirobe, how do you think 'Earth Special Defense Force' sounds?"
>"Sounds pretty cool, if you ask me." Yajirobe says with a smile.
>"That does have a kinda nice sound to it." Lapis comments. His sister and Chuu Lee give him a little glare. "...what? It does."
>>
>>43774358
Yes it does. We never voted to say that, so we didn't.
>>
>>43774378
I don't know man. That dude seems to be citing his sources. And that's a direct citation too.

Anyway, we should have two teams with two different names anyway. Earth Special Forces are our Marines and Earth Special Defense Forces should be our national guard.
>>
File: Raditz_pose_2.jpg (34 KB, 480x372) Image search: [Google]
Raditz_pose_2.jpg
34 KB, 480x372
>>43774019
You pet Gohan and Peppa gently. "Well, it's about noon, so maybe we should get some grub. I know how you and the kids get on empty stomachs."

Goku laughs out cheerfully, heading with you over to the food court area. A few onlookers notice the two of you walking with your kids, some a bit surprised, some a bit happy, most just giving a shrug and continuing with their business. You and Goku get some grilled squid on a stick, Goku easily downing several of them, and your kids getting their own. As a little treat for them, they also get some cotton candy, the two of them overjoyed.

After a while you notice Raditz arriving with the rest of the Crane School, actually chatting with Piccolo as they walk to you. "...you'll be able to master it soon. This is going to be fairly helpful in the long run, if you can't pull off the same trick Goku can."

"Feh, I'm not holding my breath for that." the long-haired Saiyan responds, approaching. "Though my brother seems to be convinced that I can do it."

"Hey, you might, brobro!" Goku tells him with a wide grin, gulping down the last bit of squid.

>A. Talk with Raditz (about?)
>B. Talk with Tien (about?)
>C. Talk with Chiaotzu (about?)
>D. Check on the Crane Students, see how their training's gone
>E. Something else?
>>
>>43774358
The dudes a troll that tries to start shit every thread. Ignore and report his ass.
>>
Think there has been an increase in ki users since the last tournament?
>>
>>43774402
>>43629788
>>43629794
>>43629819
>>43629844
>>43629854
>>43630033

>>43629822
>>43629838

>>43629825

>>43629843

>>43629944
>>
>>43774446
>>A. Talk with Raditz (about?)
"Master what?"

>>43774462
Possibly.
>>
>>43774446
>>A. Talk with Raditz (about?)
BECOME A SUPER SAIYAN ALREADY. And then just contine to beat him up over and over while calling him raddy raddy and screaming in his ear until he turns into a super saiyan.
>>
>>43774446
>A,B,C,D
A little bit of everything. Plus whatever right in if it's cool enough.
>>
>>43774456
Maybe I'm mistaken but does the Troll only appear on Sundays?
>>
>>43774446
>A. Talk with Raditz (about?)
"Kaio-ken?"

>>
>>43774446
>A. "What do you wanna learn first Raditz, Kaioken or Raioken? We should pencil in one or other after the tournament."
>B. "Tien, hows the radishes?"
>C. Talk with Chiaotzu (about?)
"Chiaotzu, I've had idea for further ice training. The Land of Ice would be an excellent place to refine it."
>>
>>43774541
You didn't correct shit. You got proven wrong. You're worse than a troll because you're actually stupid enough to believe the dumb shit you type.
>>
>>43774570
No, Kato miscounted and made a mistake that can be easily corrected.
>>
>>43774570
Dontfeedthetroll.jpg
>>
>>43774541
>>43774581
When you spam Ask and bring up things done and established with already. If voted counted the way you want them to nothing would get done.

Anyways here's your (You). Don't spend it all in one place.
>>
How about we wait until the end of the thread to decide on that, okay folks?
>>
>>43774599
We already decided on our group name three threads ago, get it right.
>>
>>43774599
Decide what? The vote has already gone through. I didn't even vote for ESF and they won fair and square. Don't enable his crap Kato.
>>
>>43774605
>>43774611
As in let's drop it for now. We don't need discuss it now.
>>
>>43774599
It's not Earth Special Defense Force, that lost hard.
>>
>>43774623
Alright.
>>
>>43774623
We don't need to discuss anything, do we?
>>
Thread partly derailed before 3rd update. Might be a new record

Deep breaths Kato. Deep breaths.
>>
>>43774645
I don't think so. I think that this is that one fucktard who always tries to stir shit up every thread.
>>
>>43774654
>Thread partly derailed before 3rd update. Might be a new record
Nah, remember Tuffle Quest #45? He hit it fast and hard with that one.
>>
>>43774446

>A. (Training)
>D.
>>
File: CraneStudents.png (298 KB, 591x653) Image search: [Google]
CraneStudents.png
298 KB, 591x653
>>43774446
You wave to the group as they approach. "Hey guys. So, what was that about mastering something, Raditz? The Kaio-ken?"

He shakes his head, tail uncurling from his waist. "I believe you have some idea, given what my brother's been training me with."

"Ahh, I see." Well, wonder if Piccolo's gotten him to learn that technique as well. "We could probably help you learn the Kaio-ken, Raditz. Or the Raio-ken, if you want, after the Tournament."

"We'll see." he says with a shrug.

"You're doing fairly well already, Raditz." Tien praises. "You're a quick learner."

The silver-haired girl glares at Goku's brother a little jealously, while the two black-haired students give a disgruntled sigh. "Let it go, Keli." the bald student tells her in a bit of an understanding tone.

"Ah, right, how about you guys? You all seem like you've done well with your training." While you can tell they're suppressing their Ki at the moment, you can also tell there's noticeable improvement.

"We've gotten fairly strong, though some people's discipline is a bit... lacking." the black-haired girl responds, Keli crossing her arms and looking away.

"Let's not bring that up, please." Chiaotzu requests.

"Ah, right, had an idea if you're interested, Chiaotzu."

"Oh?"

"If you want to improve that Ice Magic, maybe trying to head up north again, Land of Ice?" Worth a shot. He gives a nod and a smile, apparently have been considering it before.

>A. Say, where're Tao and Shen?
>B. Ask them something about their training
>C. Something else?
>>
>>43774790
>>
>>43774790
>>
>>43774790
>A,B
>>
>>43774790
>C. "How's Mifan? Is Blue keeping an eye out for artificial demons who want to be more than friends?"
Pressure point lesson.
>>
>>43774790
>>A. Say, where're Tao and Shen?
>>
File: Master_Roshi's_Shades.jpg (20 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Master_Roshi's_Shades.jpg
20 KB, 640x480
>>43774790
"Say, where are Tao and Shen?" you ask. Odd that they're not with the rest of the Crane School. "And how's Mifan been doing, if you don't mind me asking. Anything new come up related to your training, or...?"

Tien and everyone around him give some awkward looks. Chiaotzu is the first to respond. "...there's been an attempt on Pilaf's life. Again. Security's been heightened. Blue and Tao are on constant alert, and Master Shen as been finding the thing a bit... off."

"Off, ey? So Shen's really taking his work there seriously. Good, good..." a familiar voice comments. You all turn to see Master Roshi, with Krillin, Lapis, and Lazuli walking next to him. He then notices the two new ladies among the Crane School and immediately starts up his... old habits. "Whe-heh-heh-ell~ and just who are these two lovely ladies?~"

The silver-haired girl glares in revulsion as the black haired girl frowns reservedly. "Guess Shen was right about a certain Turtle Hermit's habits."

"Now now, just 'cause I'm old doesn't mean I don't know how to show a couple pretty girls a good time~" he comments, scooting closer to them both.

"Barking up the wrong tree, old man." Keli grunts angrily.

"Some things never change..." Krillin mumbles.

>A. Dad, cut it out, please, my kids are here...
>B. See how Krillin and his students are doing
>C. Something else?
>>
>>43775109
>>
>>43775109

>C. Something else?
"Are the Kaiju participating this year?"
>>
>>43775109
>>A. Dad, cut it out, please, my kids are here...
>>
>>43775109
>>B. See how Krillin and his students are doing
>>
>>43775109
>A.
>>
>>43775109

How's your head Kato?
>>
>>43775109
Supporting >>43775133
>>
>>43775109
>C. So what the fuck did they do to the ring anyhow?
>>
>>43775368
I hope we got technological shields, and we got the student using their own shields so we can really let loose.
>>
File: Krillin_wearing_sunglasses_2.png (295 KB, 548x417) Image search: [Google]
Krillin_wearing_sunglasses_2.png
295 KB, 548x417
>>43775109
You groan a little angrily. "Dad, cut it out, please, my kids are here..."

That seems to freeze him in place, Roshi turning to you and rubbing the back of his head apologetically. "Eheh, sorry kiddo."

"Uh-huh." You mumble with a frown, your kids looking at him curiously. "Say, Krillin, Lapis, Lazuli, how are you guys?"

"We're all doing good, I feel pretty confident with the training we've done." your bald friend says with a grin. "Might not be as strong as you guys, but we've figured out some useful skills. Right?"

"Right!" Lapis and Lazuli respond in unison.

As you all talk for a while, Yamcha, Bulma, Pantea, Hercule, Videl, and Miguel arrive, with your brother, Chi-chi, and Izumi not far behind. Curiously, there seems to be a group of three people that are watching you all curiously... and all of them lacking a noticeable Ki signature, though the three of them all seem to carry themselves like fighters.

>A. Check them out, introduce yourself to them
>B. Odd that your own student isn't here yet, try to contact Chuu Lee
>C. Talk with someone (who?)
>D. Something else?
>>
>>43775595
>>
>>43775595
>>A. Check them out, introduce yourself to them
>>B. Odd that your own student isn't here yet, try to contact Chuu Lee

Are they androids?
>>
>>43775595

Then
Use your scouter. They are probably Artificial.
>>
>>43775595
>Check them with the robot scouter function.

>>
>>43775595
>>
File: Nene.jpg (27 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Nene.jpg
27 KB, 500x281
>>43775595
Looking around your friends, most of them chatting among themselves, you find it curious that your own student isn't here yet. You try to sense where she is and... wait, she's at Korin's? You contact her telepathically, 'Hey, most everyone is here, is something up?'

'Heading there with my cousin! Sorry, master, but she wanted to meet with me.'

Ahh. That explains it. You also recall that the Kaiju are usually here, but Master Roshi explains that they're up to something on their own. Finally, you decide to greet the group of three new fighters, and all of them give you a surprisingly warm recognition. The elder one of the three, a purple man, bald man with pointed ears and a little dragon on his shoulder, smiles as you approach. "If it isn't the former Champion herself. Hello Miss Maple, what can we do for you?"

>A. Just checking up on some things, you three are fighters in the Tournament, right?
>B. A bit tempted to scan their minds...
>C. Flashy introduction!
>D. Something else?
>>
>>43776086
>A. Just checking up on some things, you three are fighters in the Tournament, right?
>>
>>43776086
>>A. Just checking up on some things, you three are fighters in the Tournament, right?
>>B. A bit tempted to scan their minds...
>>
>>43776086
>>C. Flashy introduction!
It's time for ham
>>
>>43776086
>C. Flashy introduction!
>>
>>43776086
>B. A bit tempted to scan their minds...
>>
>>43776086
>C. Flashy introduction!
>Pose, then "I dunno!"
>>
>>43776086
>>A. Just checking up on some things, you three are fighters in the Tournament, right?
>>
>>43776086
>C. Flashy introduction!
Odd introducing ourselves when they already know who we are, but eh whatever.
>>
>>43776086
>C. Flashy introduction!

"Lightning Champion Maple!"

"Monkey King Goku!"

"Acer the Shining Swordsman!"

Then whatever our team is.

Then we tell them its their turn to pose and intro.
>>
>>43776086
>C. Flashy introduction!
>"So, are you aliens, or foreigners?"
>>
>>43776086
>C. Flashy introduction!

Oh hi Nene.
>>
>>43776190
Nah, he's Acer the Black Swordsman cuz of the Shadow Magic he practices.

>>43776086
>C. Flashy introduction!
>>
File: BulmaToCarrot.png (231 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
BulmaToCarrot.png
231 KB, 640x480
Hey, y'know what we should learn? Even androids won't stand a chance!
>>
>>43776255
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uK2WMc9L8c
>>
>>43776086
OH SNAP ITS Who the fuck is that guy
>>
>>43776337
Oh good. I thought i was the only one
>>
>>43776372
You two aren't alone. Probably OCs with a character's likeness.
>>
>>43776337
>>43776372
>>43776395
It's Nene. He's not from Dragonball, he's from Blue Dragon. A videogame (and anime series) which Toriyama had a part in making.

He was the main villain.
>>
>>43776482
Well if does evil shit, we'll just lay down some hurt on him till stops or he pops.
>>
File: mangawascooler.jpg (20 KB, 236x331) Image search: [Google]
mangawascooler.jpg
20 KB, 236x331
Shadow Combat please?
>>
File: Logi-2.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Logi-2.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
>>43776086
Feeling that spark of showmanship, you do a little spin and give yourself a proper introduction. "Maple Son-Mahogany, last hope of a dying race, vanquisher of Demon Kings, the girl who's faster than lightning, wife to Son Goku the Monkey King, and hero of Earth!" Aaaaaand pose. The two others stare somewhat awkwardly at you, while the old man laughs a little, the dragon creature on his shoulder mimicking your movements. "...ah, I mean, well, j-just checking out the competition, since the three of you look like fighters, Mister...?"

"Aza." he responds pleasantly, noticing your friends approaching. "Myself and my associates here are indeed fighters in this Tournament."

You give a tap of your Scouter and see that... the three of them all have high Power Levels. 20,000, 30,000, and 40,000, but there's something... off about them. They're clearly artificial. The other two, a pair of relatively more human-looking folks, a blonde man with a scar and a woman with purple hair laugh softly as they see you scan them. "I see you're impressed. We've been waiting quite a while to meet you and your little group." the man comments.

"Name's Sugil." the woman says, pulling out a small mirror and checking her makeup.

"And I am Tyz." the other tells you.

...yeah this is all kind of ringing some alarm bells to you. You give a quick scan of their minds, except... 'Ah, getting silent for a bit there. Guess you're doing that mind-reading trick. Towa told us about that. Hah, yes, what did you think, Maple?'

...of course.

>A. You're a bit less... hostile than the previous fellow she sent our way
>B. Well, hope the three of you do well in the Tournament, looking forward to seeing how you fight
>C. Something else?
>>
File: Shikamaru_clouds.png (445 KB, 720x544) Image search: [Google]
Shikamaru_clouds.png
445 KB, 720x544
>>43776531
?
>>
>>43776581
"Which I am all for, don't get me wrong."
>B. Well, hope the three of you do well in the Tournament, looking forward to seeing how you fight
>>
>>43776581
>C. Say, you want some drinks real quick? I was about to get my kids some juice from the bar anyway.
>>
>>43776581
>>A. You're a bit less... hostile than the previous fellow she sent our way
>>B. Well, hope the three of you do well in the Tournament, looking forward to seeing how you fight
>>
>>43776581
>C. Something else?
"The friendly ones are usually stronger then they look."

>Flash back to the scene where the android used magic.
>>
>>43776581

>>43776583
Blue Dragon's magic/combat system. Your shadow came to life and hit things/cast magic etc. Fun stuff.
>>
>>43776581
>B. Well, hope the three of you do well in the Tournament, looking forward to seeing how you fight!
>>
>>43776581
>>B. Well, hope the three of you do well in the Tournament, looking forward to seeing how you fight
>>
>>43776581
>all of 2 people voted to read their minds
That's rude both in story and in quest
>>
>>43776787
to be fair, once we figured out that they were artificial and that Towa warned us earlier she was sending us opponents, they immediately were on the shit list which means no fair play with them. Except, if they turn out to be kinda chill, they may get off the shit list
>>
>>43776787
Relax, it was just another one of those non-choices she gives us every now and then.
>>
>>43776840
When are dialogue minorities gonna be left in the dust tho? It's annoying when most of us don't intend to do a certain action and then the character does it anyway.
>>
>>43776840
You're new here, aren't you?
>>
Honestly, if you look at all the world tournament parts of this quest, and I'm not trying to hate on Kato here, they really aren't choice heavy. Generally its go do your fight, then either watch the other people fight or do B. something else. And since most people are fucking lemmings, they all just choose watch the next fight. And its not like we had to do the world tournament thing. But the second we had a chance we chose turtle hermit training and going to the WMAT with Goku which put us on the linear path we ourselves chose.
>>
>>43776902
We did a lot of things besides watch matches during the last two tourneys.
>>
>>43776884
Well, I think Kato knows by now that some guy's going to be mad no matter what she does, so she just does whatever.
>>
>>43776581
>>A. You're a bit less... hostile than the previous fellow she sent our way
>>
>>43776884
I like the inclusive dialogue more than exclusive "only say this thing" choices. Why are you against it?
>>
>>43776982
Because reading people's minds is an invasion of trust.
>>
>>43776994
They seem cool with it, and we've done it plenty of times before.
>>
>>43776931
Calling bullshit. WMAT 22 was super linear and WATCH MATCH was pretty much the number one choice during that fucking thing.
>>
>>43777025
And we should stop doing it. Especially when we vote not to do that.
>>
>>43777031
Tag Tourney.
>>
>>43776982
Not him, but it makes participation pointless.
>>
>>43777046
We spent most of our time meditating and healing.
>>
>>43776581
Kato, if only 1-2 people are for something, can you not use it if there are 12 voters?
>>
>>43777046
>>43777046
TAG TOURNEY WAS EVEN WORSE!
>>
>>43777149
Tag Tourney was cool, and you shut your mouth, we didn't get to see a lot of neat matches.
>>
>>43777160
I like the after-image we did with Chichi.

Mostly cuz I thought of it and everyone was happy about it turning out nice.
>>
>>43777160
It was cool, but if was rather linear.
>>
>>43776902
Not much to do honestly. Even in the show everything was focused on the individual matches and people commenting on it. Its just a concession you have to make when doing a tournament arc. I don't mind alot of the fights are interesting.
>>
>>43777183
>>43777183
Exactly. But that means you can't bitch about not having a lot of choices.
>>
>>43777197
Well, our choice was ignored just now when Kato decided to have us read their minds anyway, so I think I can?
>>
>>43777228
Eh you'd find a way to bitch anyways. Its ingrained in you. No skin off my nose.
>>
File: Cynthia_01.png (2 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Cynthia_01.png
2 MB, 1366x768
>>43776581
You cross your arms. "You're a bit less... hostile than the previous fellow she sent out way." And then with a shrug, say, "Which to be honest I'm all for, don't get me wrong, just... usually the friendly ones are fairly strong. Feeling like you all will be good matches in the Tournament, looking forward to how you fight."

The three of them smile. "You're as astute as she says, too." Tyz comments. "Our goals are fairly simple, unlike his. We're here to test how strong you all are. Nothing more, nothing less."

"Huh, is that so?" Goku asks, bringing Peppa and Gohan over. "So, are you with Towa and Gero, or...?"

The purple man laughs. "Both, but Gero is still sore over the Red Ribbon Army's 'revival' being squashed so easily."

"Thanks for getting rid of that 'Mito' thing, by the way." Sugil adds. "God, Gero's a creep sometimes. I'd rather this beautiful complexion not be sullied by such a creature's creepy... merging thing does."

You, Goku, brobro, and Chi-chi look at her awkwardly. Your brother leans in, raising an eyebrow. "Wait... are you...?"

She closes the small mirror and smiles pleasantly. "Gero likes to call me 'Artificial Human #12.' I keep telling him that name is dumb and his face is dumb."

"Sugil, please." Tyz grumbles.

>A. ...if you're so friendly, would you mind telling us some things about Gero and Towa's plans?
>B. Well, thanks for the chat, see you tomorrow, and good luck
>C. Something else?
>>
>>43777228
>our choice

There you go again. From the way the thread is talking, I think most of us wanted to read their minds. So you really just got implicitly outvoted dude. I wanted to read their minds, I just didn't vote because I don't care that much
>>
>>43777248
Thinking lewd thoughts on the absorption now

>C. "How'd ya guys like Magil?"
>>
>>43777248
>C. Your name's way better. The man willingly worked for an organization called "The Red Ribbon Army," his taste isn't great.
>>
>>43777248
>>C. Something else?
Why is it called Mito? It seemed to be some sort of bio-android thing, like the saibamen or the bio-men. Could you explain further about this thing Gero is doing? So we can stop Cell saga from happening
>>
>>43777248
>B. Well, thanks for the chat, see you tomorrow, and good luck
>>
>>43777248
>>B. Well, thanks for the chat, see you tomorrow, and good luck
>>
>>43777290
It was 10 to 2, a lot of us didn't vote to read their minds. This is all fact.
>>
>>43777315
>>43777248
This.

She seems alright. Hopefully we won't have to kill each other in the future.
>>
>>43777248
This>>43777315
>>
>>43777333
No, you're creating a false dichotomy.

12 people voted.

1/6th of them want to read minds.

1/12th of them are expressing displeasure at reading their minds.

By my calculations, 1/6 is greater than 1/12. And since silence is implicit consent, then the other 3/4ths of the voters either abstained, don't care or agree. So you have been out-voted.
>>
>>43777248
>>43777315
Supporting!
>>
>>43777248
>>43777315
>Has my support.
Also we should introduce her to Raditz.
>>
>>43777375
5/6th of them did not want to expend the time nor effort to read their minds, so Kato didn't need to do it.
>>
>>43777248
>>43777315
This is good.
>>
>>43777317
I believe it's a pun, anon. Mito, as in, Mitochondria, the powerhouse of the cell.
>>
>>43777486
Holy shit. That's hilarious.
>>
>>43777486
damn, nigga, you smart.
>>
>>43777516
Anyone with a high school education could figure it out. And it doesn't make sense, that thing didn't have a battery in it.
>>
File: The perfect answer.jpg (185 KB, 960x731) Image search: [Google]
The perfect answer.jpg
185 KB, 960x731
>>43777553
>>
>>43777248
So is Tyz Android 11? And is Aza Artificial Demon 3?
>>
>>43777248
>C. So that thing's name was 'Mito?' Weird, I'm just gonna stick to calling it 'Leech.'"
>>
>>43777315

I'll support this too. We must never pass up a chance to make fun of Dr. Gero's shit taste in names.
>>
>>43777248
Is that Fairy Tail?
>>
File: Alena-wat.jpg (90 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
Alena-wat.jpg
90 KB, 700x700
>>43777248
You giggle a little. "Hey, your name's way better, and I mean, the man willingly worked for an organization called the 'Red Ribbon Army,' I wouldn't be inclined to agree with his taste in names in the first place." She smiles sweetly.

"So I take it you're one of Towa's direct creations, Aza? And Tyz, you're...?" your brother questions.

"I am her most recent 'Artificial Demon,' yes." he replies, petting the little dragon creature of his. "And Tyz here is the one Gero calls #11."

You can't help but smile. Gods, these folks are so friendly. "So... there anything you might be willing to tell us about that 'Mito' mutant Namekian coconut thing? And how is Magil, by the way?"

Sugil leans back in her chair. "Eh, sorry, gag order on that and other stuff. You probably know about as much as we do, honestly. Magil's his usual grumpy self, though. Hah, especially towards that guy there. God is he mad at you." she adds with a laugh, pointing to Mark.

"M-me?" the afro'd man says with a worried amount of confusion. "Ah... is it because of-?" He makes a slashing motion with his hands.

"Biiiingo~" she responds with a nod. And then, in a mocking tone that sounds amazingly similar to Magil, she says, "'No weak little human should be able to harm me in such a way! Hrrghghghg! Insects! I'll destroy them all!' He has anger issues."

"I'll say." Man, this is actually turning out fairly well, all things considered. "Well, thanks for the chat, and good luck tomorrow!"

As you all leave, you next decide to...

>A. Chat with one of your friends a bit (about?)
>B. You're about ready to head in, let's get to that hotel reservation
>C. Look around the area just a little more, see if you can find some familiar faces
>D. Something else?
>>
>>43777827
>C. Look around the area just a little more, see if you can find some familiar faces
>>
>>43777827

On the way we can

>>
>>43777827
>>
>>43777827
Wonder if Chappa and Giran are competing. I love how Giran always makes it to the main event, always beat the prelims.
>>
>>43777827
See if we can find King Chappa, like that he ends up still competing. Then
>>
>>43777827
>"We all remember what happened the last time we hastily made reservations, right? I bet your butt for sure remembers, Brobro."
>>
File: db85-01.jpg (51 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
db85-01.jpg
51 KB, 640x480
>>43777827
You decide to walk around for a while with your family, seeing if you can find some familiar faces. You easily spot Nam, and surprisingly some of his family this time around, along with King Chappa, who himself is glad to see you and Goku again. Chuu Lee and Paopao finally arrive themselves, your student's cousin having gotten a noticeable improvement since you last saw her, clocking in at a Power Level of around 5000. You of course find Giran stuffing himself with some chicken and finishing his meal with a glass of milk, the two of you exchanging nods as fighters.

As the sunlight starts to fade, you and everyone else start heading into the hotel you all have made reservations at, and then make sure to tuck in Gohan and Peppa for the night. You notice Videl and Pantea still up, in spite of their mothers telling the girls that they should be getting some rest. Oddly, a boy in a martial arts uniform himself seems to have noticed the two, though shyly kept his distance.

As dawn breaks, you all get a decent breakfast and head towards the Tournament grounds, the kids being directed away to the Junior Division, 20 of them in total, while the adults are directed to the familiar elimination grounds. You see Raditz wearing a simple white shirt and green pants, with a red belt, while the rest of the Crane School are in their matching uniforms. Finally, an announcer calls to the gathered fighters.

"Hello and welcome again to the 24th World Martial Arts Tournament! Currently there are 160 registered fighters, but only 16 spots in the finals! Therefore, we will begin the elimination round shortly, dividing all fighters into blocks of 10. Please come forward as your name is called..."

When you're eventually called up, you head towards the box, and pick a number...

>A. At the top
>B. In the middle
>C. At the bottom
>>
>>43778605
>B. In the middle
>>
>>43778605
>A
>>
>>43778605
>C. At the bottom
>>
>>43778605
>C. At the bottom
It's always fun when a short person tries to do this
>>
>>43778605
>>B. In the middle
>>
>>43778605
>C
Because as >>43778700 points out, it's funny.
>>
File: DBAngry_Red.jpg (119 KB, 1438x1079) Image search: [Google]
DBAngry_Red.jpg
119 KB, 1438x1079
>>43778700
>>
>>43778605
>>C. At the bottom
>>
>>43778753
>>43778700
Doesn't really matter but you know she is just going levitate right?
>>
Hopefully we don't get rekt by Godzilla like last time.
>>
>>43778798
Of course, that's even funnier!
>>
>>43778605
This is funny. I change my vote to this! >>43778700
>>
Rolled 16, 19, 9, 16, 17 = 77 (5d20)

Roll me 3d20, best of five, DC 5 for each.
>>
Rolled 8, 11, 8 = 27 (3d20)

>>43778926
>>
Rolled 7, 16, 18 = 41 (3d20)

>>43778926
Ruin it for everybody.
>>
Rolled 6, 13, 7 = 26 (3d20)

>>43778926
Let's do this!
>>
>>43778798
She can fly, but there's still that wingspan to consider. she got dem shorty arms
>>
Rolled 5, 20, 1 = 26 (3d20)

>>43778926
>>
Rolled 8, 13, 5 = 26 (3d20)

>>43778926

Time to reach... even further... BEYOND!
>>
HEAVEN OR HELL!

LETS ROCK!
>>
>>43778957
Damn bro
>>
Rolled 10, 5, 13 = 28 (3d20)

>>43778926
TRIPLE ONES
>>
Rolled 6, 7, 6 = 19 (3d20)

>>43778926
>>
>>43778957
Is everyone gonna see our scandalous Akumaple pantsu when we're bending over?
>>
Rolled 8, 10, 9, 7, 10, 3, 2, 10, 3, 1 = 63 (10d10)

>>43778943
>>43778946
>>43778950
>>43778957
>>43778966
Well then.

Let's see...
>>
>>43779048
Interesting...

Okay, writing...
>>
Oh yeah, the DCs for our opponents will continue to be Modifier + Die roll when it comes to their DCs, right?
>>
>>43779025
I see no reason for this not to happen. Crit fails don't all need to be disastrous to our health. Some can be disastrous to our dignity.
>>
>>43779276
That's not a crit fail. It's more of a Pyrrhic success. A crit fail is when none of the rolls pass the dc and we roll a one.
>>
>>43779092
Don't think so, but don't quote me on that. Wasn't all that well received last time if I remember right.

Goku was on such a roll that fight. Don't think he got under a 16.
>>
>>43779276
Pretty sure we didn't roll to see if we can reach into a box anon.

As much as you want it to be.
>>
>>43779326
I think people enjoyed the challenge it brought to the fights.
>>
Next time we level up we should raise our Ki and melee.
>>
>>43779383
Nah, we're putting it all in Ki to reach the next level of Kaioken and Raioten.
>>
>>43779346
I mean I guess? Not sure I'd constitute challenge as coin flipping at each other.

Like it doesn't matter how well your plan was for the situation if your opponent gets lucky.

At least with static DCs Kato can take our plan and modify the DC accordingly.

>>43779408
You need Base Powerlevel to advance, not Ki.
>>
>>43779431
>At least with static DCs Kato can take our plan and modify the DC accordingly.
She can MODIFY the MODIFIERS in that case.

>>43779431
>You need Base Powerlevel to advance, not Ki.
Pretty sure you should go reread the last thread where we pulled off the Kaioken and the Raio-Ten at the same time.
>>
>>43779466
She said we needed 1 million PL to reach Kaio-ken x5 + Raio-ten.

That implies its powerlevel, not Ki that are the milestones to advance.

Whatever we can ask after the thread.
>>
>>43779318
>>43779339
I mean, yeah, I do want it to happen. It was a joke, though. Chill.
>>
>>43779518
>In fact, with all the training you put in it, you seem to start understand how to better utilize the Raio-Ten state. You'll need a lot more Ki before you can do that properly, but it'll be very easy once you do.
>>
File: Mr.LaoS20.png (341 KB, 480x357) Image search: [Google]
Mr.LaoS20.png
341 KB, 480x357
>>43778605
You quickly float up and reach in as deep as you can, pulling out a number in... the first brackets! Hah, number 9, huh? Puts you in against number eight... oh hey, you kind of recognize that guy. "Mr. Lao" huh? Your match against him is decent, if over fairly quickly. While a competent martial artist, hell, even fairly skilled, he's not as strong as you are. Still, match is over in about 15 seconds.

Next fight is against a walrus person, just going by the moniker "Sea Captain." The instant he saw he was facing you he forfeit. Bah. Lame. After that, you actually get to face against Lao, one of Tien's students, and while you manage to win, he's a fairly good fighter, even almost surprised you enough to knock you out of the ring.

Most of everyone else manages to make it through their rounds and into the finals, conveniently, though Chiaotzu and Tien face each other and, like you suspected, it's Tien that manages the win. King Chappa ends up facing Goku, and it goes as predictably as you could guess it would, with your monkey boy securing his spot in the finals.

Your last opponent meanwhile, is... Yamcha. "Heh, been a while since we had a decent match, ey Maple?"

You tap your fist with his. "That it has. Looking forward to how much you've improved."

"Fighters ready? BEGIN!"

>A. Aggressive, full force!
>B. Balance things out
>C. Energy attack!
>D. Defense! Let's see what he's got
>E. Something else?
>>
>>43779555
That's maple thinking in character. The Ki stat on our character sheet represents ki attacks and ki manipulation.
>>
>>43779611
And people said shit like this would be clear even without HUDs.
>>
>>43779603
>B. Balance things out
>>
>>43779603
>B. Balance things out
>C. Energy attack!
Lightning Spirit Bits, just 6 of them. Don't want to tip off our increase just yet.
>>
>>43779603
>C. Energy attack!
>Two Geist Magnums!
>>
>>43779603
>D,E
Can't wait to see what you got Amuro.
>>
>>43779603
>C. Energy attack!
>>
>>43779603
>C. Spirit Bits, shoot them until they've all got one shot left and then call them back for a Spirit Stinger
>>
>>43779603
>>B. Balance things out
>>
>>43779603
>>B. Balance things out
>>
Rolled 6, 13, 13, 4, 17 = 53 (5d20)

Okay folks, roll me 1d20, DC 16, best of five!
>>
Rolled 7 (1d20)

>>43779897
>>
File: Sweatin.png (142 KB, 415x367) Image search: [Google]
Sweatin.png
142 KB, 415x367
Rolled 4 (1d20)

pls
>>
Rolled 2 (1d20)

>>43779897
>>
Rolled 11 (1d20)

>>43779897
>>
>>43779907
>>43779897
Huh, forgot to link.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>>43779897
Let's do this
>>
Rolled 12 (1d20)

>>43779897
pls
>>
File: 1435035500300.jpg (51 KB, 394x379) Image search: [Google]
1435035500300.jpg
51 KB, 394x379
>>43779930
Fuck
>>
>>43779930
gg
>>
>>43779930
Why the fuck did I have to roll?
>>
>>43779907
>>43779921
>>43779930
Sometimes things go poorly
>>
File: reactions.gif (3 MB, 400x255) Image search: [Google]
reactions.gif
3 MB, 400x255
Fuck our collective lives
>>
Rolled 5, 12, 3, 12, 3 = 35 (5d20)

>>43779906
>>43779907
>>43779921
>>43779923
>>43779930
This is gonna hurt...

One more thing...
>>
>>43779983
Well then.

Writing...
>>
>>43779983
Well, none of those rolls are above 16.
>>
Rolled 7, 11, 5, 14, 1, 19, 18, 16, 19, 8, 18, 4, 10, 1, 10, 13, 11, 7, 12, 16, 13, 12, 18, 18, 20 = 301 (25d20)

Resetting
>>
Our prelims always seem to go poorly.
>>
HAHAHA Rekt by Godzilla.

Now rekt by Yamcha.
>>
Wait, we fought both a Mr. Lao and a Lao who was Tien's student? two Laos?
>>
>>43780123
They should fuse to become Lao.
>>
>>43780039
Ah, okay, NOW everyone sees our panties.
>>
>>43780136
Wouldn't it be Super Lao? And then we have to go Raio-ten 4 and then fuse with Raio-ten 4 Acer
>>
>>43780156
Eh, I think Yamcha's experienced enough in preventing nosebleeds and using his foresight to help us out.
>>
File: Yamcha-beam.jpg (22 KB, 469x247) Image search: [Google]
Yamcha-beam.jpg
22 KB, 469x247
You prep a balanced stance, smirking, prepping six Spirit Bits. "Can't wait to see what you've got, Amuro."

Yamcha takes a similar stance. "I might be full or surprises."

You send your Spirit Bits at him, but instead of trying to dodge them, Yamcha cups one of his hands and takes aim at the nearest one. "Howling Rifle!" And fires, taking it out. And then a second, and a third, and a fourth, all of them before you can properly react, and in the middle of his assault he makes a fist with his free hand and points it at you. "Howling Vulcan!"

You try to bring up your guard but several small but focused bursts of Ki strike you in the gut, knocking you down on the mat. You try to bring yourself up, only for Yamcha to dash above you and try to strike at the ground. You roll aside as his fist just barely misses your head, but without skipping a beat, Yamcha's already knocked you off-balance, tripping you up and following through with his Wolf Fang Fist. You barely escape it in time to avoid being knocked out of the ring, but you easily could have lost the match here and now.

"Told you." Yamcha comments with a bit of a smug smirk.

>A. Okay, full force now!
>B. Balance it again, that was a lucky shot
>C. Energy attack!
>D. Defense, that hurt a lot
>E. Something else?
>>
>>43780325
>"Guess I shouldn't hold back then. Should I?" then A
>>
>>43780325
Defense, try to heal up from that while avoiding everything.
>>
>>43780325
As long as this doesn't mean Raio-Ten. If it does then
>C. Energy attack!
>>
>>43780325
>Kaio-ken times 3
>Spirit Stinger'd Phantom Shotgun Revenant Dash
>>
>>43780325
>>C. Energy attack!
>>
>>43780325
Lets get initiative back.
Machinegun Punch -> Lightning Phantom Shotgun on the last hit.
>>
>>43780391
>Revenant Dash
Its Hallowed Rush anon.
>>
>>43780325
>>A. Okay, full force now!
Do that melee spirit bit shit where we hallow rush him while blasting and shit

Also, Kato, was that a mistake or did we really fight two different guys named Lao?
>>
File: DQIIIMartialArtistClass.png (429 KB, 647x650) Image search: [Google]
DQIIIMartialArtistClass.png
429 KB, 647x650
>>43780420
Two different guys, hence differentiating it.
>>
>>43780413
Look, I can't remember the names of all the techniques we have and we barely use that one, I'll call it whatever I damn well please
>>
File: Dbz_movie3_839.jpg (20 KB, 452x338) Image search: [Google]
Dbz_movie3_839.jpg
20 KB, 452x338
>>43780413
Why isn't Acer's attack "Hallowed Driver"? It has a hole in it.
>>
>>43780486
that is an astoundingly good question
>>
>>43780486
>>43780520
Hallowed
Not Hollow.

Come on guys.
>>
Okay then, 1d20, best of five, DC 14.
>>
>>43780442
>>43780442
I assume Raditz and Mark have been taken out by this point as well.
>>
Rolled 6 (1d20)

>>43780557
pls
>>
Rolled 7 (1d20)

>>43780557
Nat 20!
>>
Rolled 8 (1d20)

>>43780557
Fuck you pls anon
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>43780557
I hope I don't fuck this up again
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>43780557

Here we go...
>>
>>43780546
I bet you're one of those people who also try to correct the spelling of Galactic Doughnuts whenever they can
>>
>>43780593
You're redeemed in my eyes.

Fuck we are rolling like trash today.
>>
>>43780593
Fuck yea, me!
>>
>>43780573
>>43780576
>>43780581
>>43780593
>>43780601
That was really close.

Writing...
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.