[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fantasy Craft General: Smug Fire Brave edition LINKS Downlo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 1421198306036.png (306 KB, 749x852) Image search: [Google]
1421198306036.png
306 KB, 749x852
Fantasy Craft General: Smug Fire Brave edition

LINKS
Download links:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/nzs6xsnzbid4t/Fantasy_Craft
>Fantasy Craft Torrent [Includes Adventure Companion/Call to Arms/Homebrew (No Core Rulebook)] - Please seed!
http://www.mediafire.com/download/rscnai437ptu23k/FantasyCraft.torrent

And here's a few other links of note:
>Web NPC builder
http://www.meadicus.plus.com/craftygames/npc-builder/NPCBuilder.html

>General downloads for Fantasy Craft
http://www.crafty-games.com/node/851

>New Player Character Creation Guide
http://www.crafty-games.com/files/File/Fantasy_Craft-PC_Creation_Guide.pdf

Question of the day: Favorite campaign era?
>>
>>43773723
Here's a Dropbox that's more complete than the Mediafire link

That said, it's a small independent company of literally two dudes and there are only two books, so if you like the system, toss a few bucks their way and pony up.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5dkzgw3cn842eyw/AACivEvWTEODXQgsjBPsHv8wa?dl=0
>>
>>43773723

I basically always do my campaigns in Reason era, because it makes it more flexible, what I can and can't include.

Of course, I also have my settings utilize magic in logical ways to get effects that you normally wouldn't see until much later, technologically.

Like, getting messages to people quickly is one of the most important things in a settled society, so there's a few institutionalized magical solutions to that, among other things.
>>
>>43774064
Makes sense. That said, I think there's something fun about building characters for a more limited setting, even all the way back to Primitive

There's something liberating about building an Orc whose best weapon option is 'rock'

Rock can actually be pretty devastating if you build hard enough for it, and Rock, Large has the advantage of being available anywhere you can find a cinderblock.
>>
Anyone running a game currently? Because I have a need, a mighty god damn need to hunt drakes and drakelike beings.
>>
>>43776011
I've got a game in the works, but dragon-hunting isn't really a significant part of it.
>>
>>43776039
I was talking about Drakes, you know the puny fuckers that you can play as? I've been in a drake hunting mood recently.
What's your game about anywhy?
>>
>>43776085
Long ago the gods sealed the fallen goddess of nature within the world by literally wrapping the Earth around the Underworld after she was killed and corrupted, but a brave army of magical automatons had ventured into the Underworld to save her at the bequest of her lover, the Sun.

Since then the world's gone to shit (the Sun landed on the planet once and now the whole place is a desert - the rest of the gods are busy holding him back, and mortals are merrily warring for dominion of what's left)

Now the robots are back, they've got all the powers of a dead goddess at their disposal, and their only goal is to knock a hole in the Firmament so that they can get paid, even if that means dooming the rest of the world by breaking the last seal between them and the maddened Sun.
>>
>>43773723
Spare proficiencies. What's a good trick for a martially inclined sort? I love Shove, but nothing else stands out as quite as fun and flavorful.
>>
>>43778125
Depends on what your guy is meant to do

Warding Strike is hilarious on a Fencer, for example, since the buff to defense and reflex is great on a guy who's going to be abusing Total Defense and Parry as much as possible.
>>
>>43780761
Big burly hit-things-with-sword soldier. Arrow deflection and parry are wonderful, but reflex save is trash. Shove is awesome because it adds the fluff of irresistibly-strong blows that knock people back no matter how prepared for the they are- and it's a nice re-position tool.

I was kinda thinking of ragged wounds, but the DC of bleed is so low that even with a max-damage hit on a d12 weapon with high strength, I fear most enemies would make the save.
>>
>>43781192
Well, keep in mind, you're forcing that low DC save on every hit with that attached, and saves are generally a lot lower - a lot of enemies might only have a +1 or +2 to all saves early on. If you want big damage, Fully Engaged is great since it creates even more situations where ignoring you is a bad idea (and you're a Soldier, the king of FUCKING INVINCIBLE).

Forced Opening is also solid if you're planning on going for a two-handed sword.
>>
>>43781504
Huh. Point, I guess I didn't look at it that way.

Can I apply multiple tricks to the same attack? For instance, ragged wounds+shove on the same hit? Since they affect different things?
>>
>>43781851
Nope. One trick per action

Unless you're a Martial Artist or Edgemaster, once they get Master's Touch.
>>
Keepin' it up
>>
Don't die on me thread
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.