[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the essential characteristics of a sidearm to be used
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: image.png (352 KB, 806x407) Image search: [Google]
image.png
352 KB, 806x407
What are the essential characteristics of a sidearm to be used aboard both spaceships and planets?
>>
Firefly and Cowboy Bebop below fucking DS9.

Shit-taste status: confirmed.
>>
Oh look, it's this image again.

No (or at least consistent) recoil.
>>
>>43772016
The capability to use both spaceship friendly ammo and regular one.

Also putting DS9 so high but not putting Babylon 5 next to it is just intellectually dishonest.
>>
>Outlaw Star
>Low-Mid
At least someone remembered it existed. I still want to run a game in that setting one day.

Depends a lot on what you plan to use it against. Needs enough power to punch through the skin/armor and kill or seriously inconvenience whatever you want to put down, but not so much that you constantly risk depressurizing a hull while on a ship.

You could probably do some interesting stuff with a focused microwave gun or similar. Won't do much structural damage to a hull, but cooks anything fleshy that gets in the way.
>>
>>43772109
So effectively non-lethal, but high volume?
>>
>>43772016
Something that won't blow a hole in the hull of the ship if you miss your target.

Won't necessarily kill whoever it hits incase you need to subdue a rogue crew member or capture an enemy.

Small enough that it doesn't get in the way of regular duties.

Consistently works.
>>
>>43772016
Define spaceship.
Even in the sci-fi on that image there's vast disparities, but in at least 15 of the pictured series an individual's weapon is not able to deal a mortal blow to the ship in casual use.

So, I guess, any good weapon stays good?
>>
>>43773734
So... A .45 1911?
>>
Murdering aliens
>>
File: galaxy-quest_0.jpg (248 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
galaxy-quest_0.jpg
248 KB, 1920x1080
>>43772016
One Above All Tier
>>
>>43772109
>At least someone remembered it existed. I still want to run a game in that setting one day.

But how will you work out rules for grappling spaceships?
>>
>>43772016
In order of importance.
1. Meets minimum standards of effectiveness
2. Reliable
3. Light weight
4. Ergonomic
5. High capacity

Probably a Glock 19 would be the best modern choice. Remember that starcraft gas volumes take hours to leak out of bullet sized holes.
>>
>>43772016
1. Meets minimum standards of effectiveness.
2. Is usable. (Portable, does not maim its user, etc.)
3. Is cheap to mass produce.
4. Is easy to use.

Because lets face it the space people are not going to have much use for a side arm, so it might as well be a small investment in terms of money and training time.
>>
>>43772016
Probably some pneumatic shit that can both be used to pierce spacesuits and don't fuck up ship's hull. Because firearms can blow up some shit pretty good.

Remember that shuttle crush when some dust got into the vents? I sure hope you guys don't do that.
>>
>>43772016
Who made this image? And why was it made entirely to make people angry? Who hurt the creator? What did we do wrong?
>>
File: M6G_Pistol.png (897 KB, 1280x1034) Image search: [Google]
M6G_Pistol.png
897 KB, 1280x1034
Pic related.
High-caliber death at pinpoint accuracy.
>>
>>43777477

You've missed the past seven or so of these bait threads, huh? OP keeps posting that stupid thing over and over, shuffling stuff around on it each time, always with some lame "sci fi worldbuilding" question as cover.
>>
>>43772016
No B5? What is it, weeb's first list?
>>
File: disapproval turtle.png (33 KB, 545x500) Image search: [Google]
disapproval turtle.png
33 KB, 545x500
>>43780374

>bumping the bait

Anon, pls.
>>
>>43772016
>no Star Wars
Interdasting. Or else I'm blind.

Anyway, for fighting on a ship, anything that won't breach the hull for defensive purposes, but i get the feeling that depressurization is probably going to be the go to tactic unless compartmentalized ships are common, simply because its easy and it still leaves the ship salvageable. So really, most marines are just gonna carry whatever and wear an armored space suit.

In universes where compartmentalized ships are the norm, you might see shit like microwave weapons or whatnot. Lethal to the flesh, not to the hull. Our again, whatever really unless you care about the resorts in level 7 section 9 bay 4.
>>
>>43780748
>resorts
What, redshirts isn't in auto complete? What kind of shit phone is this?
>>
>>43780374
>no B5
The High Tier in the middle. No need to bump this trash thread.
>>
back to page 1 with you
>>
File: FUOP.png (171 KB, 337x253) Image search: [Google]
FUOP.png
171 KB, 337x253
>>43783969
>>
>>43772016
>voyager not right at the bottem.

I haven't seen most of those things but holy shit they must be pretty shit
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.