[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, in human history, who's the most Khornate military/warrior
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 211
Thread images: 24
File: Kharn-bloodied.jpg (186 KB, 767x1251) Image search: [Google]
Kharn-bloodied.jpg
186 KB, 767x1251
So, in human history, who's the most Khornate military/warrior force that ever existed?

>Mongols don't count.
>>
>let's all masturbate over our favorite armies!
>>>/his/
>>
Japanese during WWII probably come pretty close.
>>
>>43769656
are we talking WFB or 40K Khorne

WFB: Vikings or Gurkhas
40K: the 1st Crusade during the Sack of Jerusalem
>>
New Guinea head hunters. Came from intense tribal warfare that exists to this very day. Practiced skull taking and cannibalism which again still exists in rare cases. Absolutely abhors withcraft in all forms suspected witches often get burned hacked up hung drowned stoned with many cases per year.
>>
>>43769679

40k Khorne.
>>
>>43769676

You seem new here.

> Let's all masturbate over our favorite weapons.
>>>/k/

> Let's all masturbate over our favorite animu
>>>/a/

> Let's all masturbate about our SJS
>>>/pol/

> Let's all talk about our kawaii desu dwarf waifu
>>>/d/

> Let's all write fanfics about our favorite setting
>>>/d/

> Let's shitpost
>>>/b/

Newfag cunt.
>>
>>43769704
i guess it could be also be Tilly's Boys from the Sack of Magdeburg till Breitenfeld
>>
I think Vlad III. With all that impaling and all...
>>
>>43769736
that was pretty much just him and the small group he'd compelled into doing it
his army was (by comparison to the time) remarkably well behaved
>>
>>43769656
Assyria in biblical times. They sound pretty Khornate

One of their warrior monarchs, Ashurnasirpal, describes his punishment of several rebellious cities in this way:

“I built a pillar over against his city gate, and I flayed all the chief men who had revolted, and I covered the pillar with their skins; some I walled up within the pillar, some I impaled upon the pillar on stakes, ... and I cut off the limbs of the officers, of the royal officers who had rebelled. ... Many captives from among them I burned with fire, and many I took as living captives. From some I cut off their hands and their fingers, and from others I cut off their noses, their ears, and their fingers(?), of many I put out the eyes. I made one pillar of the living, and another of heads, and I bound their heads to posts (tree trunks) round about the city. Their young men and maidens I burned in the fire ... Twenty men I captured alive and I immured them in the wall of his palace. ... The rest of them [their warriors] I consumed with thirst in the desert of the Euphrates.”—Ancient Records of Assyria and Babylonia, by D.D.Luckenbill, 1926, Vol.I, pp.145, 147, 153, 162.

Sunday school just got a whole lot more hardcore.
>>
>>43769840
I forgot to mention, these are the same people who would also do the following:

>Skinned people alive,
>Impaled live victims on poles, leaving them to roast to death in the desert sun
>They beheaded people in the thousands and would pile the heads near the city gates
>They didn't discriminate between age or gender
>It was a common practice to kill infants and young children so they wouldn't have to care for them.
>>
>>43769840

BASED
A
S
E
D
>>
>>43769728
I'd give a strong vote for this.

Tilly basically had no control over them after the battle.
>>
>>43769656
The Japanese against basically anyone not Japanese in any war they've ever fought.
>>
>>43769679
Exact same Khorne.
>>
>>43770173
Fuck off back to /pol/ with that propaganda bullshit.
>>
>>43771824
WFB Khorne tends towards honourable and valorous combat

40k Khorne is so obsessed with BLOODBLOODBLOOD he goes down on girls on the rag
>>
File: 1447600994407.png (93 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
1447600994407.png
93 KB, 360x360
>>43771872
fuck off hideki
>>
File: Khorne Realms of Chaos.jpg (375 KB, 828x1117) Image search: [Google]
Khorne Realms of Chaos.jpg
375 KB, 828x1117
>>43771935
>WFB Khorne tends towards honourable and valorous combat

Nope.
>>
>>43771974
Do the other gods get a bio like this? This Khorne pic is the only I've ever seen.
>>
>>43771997
Slaanesh does.
The other two came in a later book and the format changed.
>>
>>43770173
The Japs were Chaos undivided, they praised Slanesh during the Rape of Nanking, had comfort women to indulge in wherever they went, Unit 371 was an attempt to recreate the Garden of Nurgle, the false surrenders at Guadalcanal and Pearl Harbour are Birdboys favourite tactics and of course contest to kill 100 people using a sword, banzai charges, kamikaze attacks and multiple massacres got enough blood for the Blood God.
>>
File: 21312312423.jpg (21 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
21312312423.jpg
21 KB, 460x276
>>43769736
>Slow, painful, fetishistic torture of shitloads of victims instead of quickly and almost-instantly killing them out of sheer fury and bloodlust.
>Khornate
>>
Jaguar warriors, except they considered killing enemies outside rituals to be a sign of clumsiness.

They were responsible for the genocide of a lot of tribes though.
>>
>>43769840
>>43769912
Seconding Assyrians. Came here to suggest them.
>>
Pretty sure the Teutonic Knights and Templars during the crusades (I don't know if the Teutonic ever fought there however)

Anyway, Templars had a nasty reputation for going berserk and killing civilians or pursuing enemies long after they surrendered.

And Teutonics were praticaly the guys who created the "swinging children agaisnt tree trunks by their ankles" thing

(BTW, I know this is in 40K, Guardsmen killing mutant children by smashing them into rocks/trees, if anyone could post that screen please do it)
>>
I was gonna say Mongol army, but OP said Mongols don't count.

So fuck you OP, I still say Mongols.

Because no other army ever built a mountain of skulls to scare away another army.
>>
>>43769656
Modern? Probably Waffen-SS
Pre-modern? Magyars
>>
>>43773592
>Probably Waffen-SS
mostly too disciplined, not enough blind rage
>>
>>43769656
Maoris.
>Giant Eagles? Sounds like fun.
>Perfect Pacifists? Strange way to say 'sharktooth blade' practice
>Muskets? HELL FUCKING YES WE'RE GOING TO SLAUGHTER EVERYTHING WE COME ACROSS
They make the vikings look like complete wusses.
>>
>>43773612
What about the Huns? too atheist?
>>
>>43773642
No, as long as the blood flows...
>>
>>43769840
Yup. Assyrians were known for brutality.
>>
>>43773612
le blood pact face
>>
>>43769656
Hmmm...my three picks are

Germanic Barbarians with their crazy berserkers that downed the Roman Empire

Mongols for obvious reasons (firm believer that Doombreed is Ghengis Khan)

Those crazy central/South American warrior guys who would build entire walls made out of their enemy's skulls.
>>
>>43769656
I know it's the wrong answer but I need a reminder of the reasons it's wrong anyway so Sparta.
>>
>>43773581
Done in Central/South American hundred of years prior.
>>
File: 1401740896293000006.gif (3 MB, 636x356) Image search: [Google]
1401740896293000006.gif
3 MB, 636x356
>>43769724
The /d/ one isn't accurate. It would be more
>Lets masturbate about our kawaii desu dwarf waifu with 3 penis's and 9 tentacles.
>>43769656
And OP that's a redundant question because korn was based off of the mongolian horde and their warrior philosophy.

Shit doombreed is supposed to be ghengis khan.
>>
>>43773813
They had pyramids were they'd sacrifice people and walls of skulls.
>>
>>43769656
>Zhang Xianzhong
From wikipedia:

"The events surrounding Zhang Xianzhong's rule and afterwards devastated Sichuan, where he was said to have "engaged in one of the most hair-raising genocides in imperial history".[20] Lurid stories of his killings and flayings were given in various accounts. According to Shu Bi (蜀碧), an 18th-century account of the massacre, after every slaughter, the heads were collected and placed in several big piles, while the hands were placed in other big piles, and the ears and noses in more piles, so that Zhang Xianzhong can keep count of his killings.[21] In one incident, he was said to have organized an imperial examination ostensibly to recruit scholars for his administration, only to have all the candidates which numbered many thousands killed.[22] In another, to give thanks for his recovery after an illness, he was said to have cut off the feet of many women. The severed feet were heaped in two piles with those of his favorite concubine, whose feet were unusually small, placed on top, and these two piles of feet were then doused in oil and set alight to be what he called "heavenly candles".[18]

He was also reported to have ordered further massacres before he abandoned Chengdu in advance of the invading Manchus.[17] The massacres, a subsequent famine and epidemic, as well as people fleeing from the turmoil and the invasion of the Manchus, resulted in the depopulation of Sichuan.

The Seven Kill Stele Edit
A popular account of his life has it that he erected in Chengdu a stele, which came to be known as the Seven Kill Stele (七殺碑), with the following inscription:[23][24][25]

天生萬物以養人
人無一善以報天
殺殺殺殺殺殺殺
Heaven brings forth innumerable things to nurture man.
Man has nothing good with which to recompense Heaven.
Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill."
>>
>>43773944
Those candles must have smelt bad.
>>
>>43773627
>Ate Moa to extinction, thus wiping out the Haast eagle.
>Used Greenstone, not shark tooth bladed weapons.
>One of the longest psuedo-monarchical leaderships based off a pacifist rebellion.
>>
>>43769656
>Mongols don't count.

The guys that built mounts of severed heads to scare the cities to surrender arent khornate? HAHAAHA FUCK YOU TOO!
>>
>>43773790
the Spartans themselves dont count, but they do have the social structure necessary for a settled Khornate Society
>>
>>43774588
>to scare the cities to surrender
KHORNE IS DISPLEASED.
>>
>>43773790

Why that's technically wrong:

>Actual "Spartans" were very few in number. Most people living in and around Sparta were subjects (the Spartans basically practiced eugenics)
>Spartans were actually not very expansionist and rarely fought offensive wars; their war with Athens being really the only exception
>In fact, Spartans were usually not very interested in actually fighting period

The last one always really interested me. IIRC, the Spartan king cautioned the rest of the Greeks to not blindly march to war with Philip II.

I guess the Spartans didn't like fighting, but their culture was built around making sure that if they had to fight then they'd win.

>>43769656
If we're not going to count the Mongols, I'd say probably the Taipings. Their rebellion killed thirty million people and was the bloodiest conflict in contemporary history until World War II

The fact it was all done in the name of their leader's older brother--other wise known as Jesus Christ--adds in some actual "blood for the blood god!" religious zealotry flairs.

Come to think of it, if you look up the deadliest conflicts in human history the worst ones all happened in China. This includes WWII, since China suffered one of the larger death tolls of the whole war (something like 20 million)
>>
>>43775354
I mean, they killed so many people in the middle east they didn't recover until the late 19th century.

He also may have killed enough people to cause environmental change.
>>
>>43775514
Four of the top ten deadliest conflicts in human history are Chinese civil wars.
>>
>>43775514
Fighting to bring about the kingdom of heavenly peace is distinctly un-khornate from the religious angle though. And by all accounts Jesus' brother spent his time in power taking all the drugs and having fun with his harem.
>>
File: there must be more.jpg (263 KB, 945x694) Image search: [Google]
there must be more.jpg
263 KB, 945x694
>>43774588

I think what OP meant was including the Mongols makes the discussion too easy. If we table them, then we can have a much more extensive conversation.
>>
>>43775550
To be fair, Khwarezmia was completely asking for it.
>>
>>43769840
They were also an empire with an army up to a million strong at their height. And there's some relief somewhere of an Assyrian Emperor and his wife just chilling with their enemy's head hanging in a tree nearby.
>>
>>43769656
>>43769840
Literally came here to post this. They even went so far as to break open tombs to disinter and mutilate the bodies of their enemies' ancestors so as to ruin their afterlives.

You did NOT fuck with the Assyrians.
>>
>>43773592
>>43773612
SS did have the whole skull thing going...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn1VxaMEjRU
I remember talking to an American WWII vet, asked him what he thought about German soldiers. He said he respected Wehrmacht guys, they were fighting for their buds, same as him. Fighting SS was totally different, they weren't even human.

Anyway, I don't really know what I would say to the OP's question.
>>
>>43769656
Thugee (or was it Thuge) I forget which is the correct spelling.
>>
File: 6969837222_f708392904_b.jpg (88 KB, 765x1023) Image search: [Google]
6969837222_f708392904_b.jpg
88 KB, 765x1023
>>43776036
The Skulls thing was just a German tradition though. A lot of Prussians had Skulls on their uniforms.
>>
>>43776503
Relevant
https://youtu.be/ToKcmnrE5oY
>>
>>43776503
But... Prussians ARE Germans, right? Or at least they speak the language?
>>
>>43776684
Guy I was responding to literally just posted that.

Also, generally militaries and military men have had lots and lots of skull iconography. It's a symbol of death, and anyone who isn't a politician knows soldiers are death dealers. Western Europe, and America, just had a more detached way of looking at their armies and so didn't have the skulls so big but plenty of sub-divisions had skulls in their patches.
>>
>>43776352

Thugs weren't military or warriors, though. They were basically just a murder cult who strangled people to death in their sleep.

On the other hand, they ARE the only organized group in human history I know of whose charter was literally just to kill as many people as possible.
>>
>>43776733
its a different link, the 1st one doesn't work in (at a minimum) Blighty
>>
>>43776740
The Aztecs were getting there.
>>
>>43776731
Prussia is one of the regions of modern Germany, it is also one of the many pre-unification german peoples (admittedly a noticeabley Polish one)
>>
>>43776740
anybody issued one of the first generation of "Machine Guns"?
>>
>>43769724
god, I wish that would happen.
>>
>>43775714
>And there used to be a relief somewhere of an Assyrian Emperor and his wife just chilling with their enemy's head hanging in a tree nearby.
Fixed?
>>
>>43777234
What, did the muslims blow it up or something?
>>
>>43771935
Why does this meme never die? Why do people still sprout this stuff? That has not been official fluff for 20 years.

"Khorne cares not from whence the blood flows, only that it flows" is the canon. In both WHFB and 40k and I assume Age of Sigmar too.
>>
File: 1435007883758.png (109 KB, 870x870) Image search: [Google]
1435007883758.png
109 KB, 870x870
>>43776849
>german
>peoples

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ztOV2wrrkY
>>
>>43773612
This. They are pretty Khornate, but there are worse.

Irl most Khornate ones is probably Norse berserkers. And of course any individual person in history to go completely nuts and start massacring people blindly.

In that manner your regular spree killer is more Khornate than Genghis Khan, because had a plan with his killing, which gives it a Tzeentchian aspect even though all that blood of course would please Khorne.

So Genghis would be more favoured because he killed more, but the spree killer is truer to Khorne's ideals.
>>
>>43773944
That shit is legit spooky. It all reads like a Warhammer story 2bh.
>>
>>43777633
It's mostly propaganda, he was a rebel leader who got crushed and the authorities were pretty keen on there not being more rebellions. But he was pretty found of purges, couldn't put someone in charge capable of not having everyone starve, so there's a bit of truth. But the more lurid details about turning people's feet into candles, the lol j/k it's a massacre not an exam, big pile of ears etc. are probably fabrications.For instance a tablet was found decades ago with most of the poem on one side and list of his victories on the other, but the
>Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill
line was actually
>The spirits and gods are knowing, so reflect on this and examine yourselves
>>
>>43777388
Yup, Isis destroyed the whole ancient city.
>>
>>43777388
It's kind of a thing isis does.
>>
File: lol.png (245 KB, 444x638) Image search: [Google]
lol.png
245 KB, 444x638
>>43777442
>>
>>43773815
SAUCE PLEASE? :3
P.s. I love you anon.
>>
The Aztecs were so Khorny, but very Tzeenchy too.

>leave their enemies intact so they can have more wars

>Bring back great warriors as ritual offerings to their gods

>Cannibalism, skulls everywhere

>still had an advanced civilization
>>
>>43783325

>still had an advanced civilization

That was ultimately destroyed because everyone else around them despised them
>>
>>43783623

khorne cares not from whence the blood flows
>>
>>43769840
Man compared to this, ISIS sounds relatively moderate all of a sudden.
>>
What's the most Slaaneshi culture in pre-modern human history?
>>
>>43783986
Maybe not the most in history, but I think Romans had Slaaneshi tendencies, if only because of them being able to afford to be hedonistic due to having an advanced civilization for their time. They had a lot of luxury, also, bacchanalias.
>>
>>43783623
Also the Assyrians, who were known both for the modernity (at the time) of their military, and for their almost unbelievable cruelty, which is what turned people against them.

Their royalty had gardens featuring trophies from defeated enemies incorporated into the greenery.

Although, in keeping with the fashion of the time they also had luxuriantly groomed hair and beards, that were long, and anointed with expensive oils and scents.

They'd really probably represent more than one God.

The habit of raising stones to commemorate achievements also jives with the Chaos habit of doing the same.

As would the rather personal approach to personal bravery and fighting ability.

If you want an idea of the image they were trying to project, (like most Warrior/Hunter Kings of the time) think of "The Most Interesting Man in the World" or that of Vladamir Putin. But with a glorious beard.

(So more Czar-y, I guess? Their standard dress was often rather more like a Kaftan, so there is also that for the Czar thing.)
>>
>>43783986
Probably early Imperial Rome, though really any culture stable enough for people to get bored and look for new ways to keep themselves entertained.
The pre-collapse Bronze Age rulers probably got up to some stuff, seeing as they had pretty much infinite means and relatively few wars to fight.
>>
>>43771872
He IS /pol/ but also sadly accurate, the Japanese have a long history of being assholes to anyone not Japanese
>>
File: spartan-workout1.jpg (39 KB, 500x335) Image search: [Google]
spartan-workout1.jpg
39 KB, 500x335
>no one has said Sparta yet

Assyria is a really good answer, mind.

The one thing that really tweaks me about this movie is they would have worn armor and plenty of it
>>
>>43784120
The Bourbons would be competitive if you consider that "not modern", any given Chinese dynasty before they were judged to be lacking the mandate of heaven because of doing things like floating pleasure yachts on lakes of wine, possibly to some extent the Heian era court in Japan what with it's obsession with fancy clothes and poetry and romance. Oh, and what was essentially not unlike hackysack, with the hard part being not to look foolish by losing your absurd, very large hat or discomposing your elaborate robes too much.

Also host to a fair amount of literature and bitchy, gossiping men (and women) who thought it was fun to take carriage rides when they heard about fires at nearby peasant villages so they could laugh at them running around in distress. And stuff.

You know, all kinds of decadent, stupid crap. (The poetry was objectively, bad, by and large. This was a pursuit of the men. The women wrote quite a lot of actually fairly good memoirs and diaries and novels. Which were super elaborate and sophisticated, which would probably tickle Slaanesh. Also the romantic/soap operaish aspect of some.)
>>
>>43769656
Mhh, there's no shortage of people comitting atrocities throughout history; most people are capable of horrible stuff if given the opportunity and the perciebved absence of consequences.
However, if we are talking Khornate as a mentality, the fields gets a whole lot smaller:
Yes the Assyrians and Mongols did incredible gruesome things, but these were usually a means to intimidte and help in their conquests, not slaughter for it's own sake.
The closest thing we got are probably the Germanic tribes as described by the Romans or the Maori.
>>
>>43784357
>Germanic tribes as described by... the Maori
Either my history is way off or your grammar is way off.
>>
>>43784456
Probably the latter; English isn't my native language.
>>
>>43771872
Historically, Japan has been a very xenophobic culture. This is a fact.
>>
>>43784313

Spartans have already been brought up as well as the fact they weren't particularly Khornate.

see
>>43773790
>>43775166
>>43775514
>>
>>43784313
What tweaks me is how they didn't fight in a phalanx.
As for armour, it might not be too far off the mark, according to Xenophon, hardly any hoplite would wear actual breastplate.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (12 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
12 KB, 225x225
It would obviously be William Tecumseh Sherman. He is the first Daemon Prince of Khorne after all.
>>
>>43772092
>the false surrenders at ... Pearl Harbour
Uh, what? How?
>>
>>43784626
>hates war
>khornite

Assblasted south pls. Sherman was incredibly generous to every city that surrendered, so much so he was almost charged with treason after Lincoln ate it.
>>
File: original_fu_53a7fb9e67a1a.jpg (42 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
original_fu_53a7fb9e67a1a.jpg
42 KB, 500x500
this is the only interesting thread on this board. bump
>>
>>43784881
Holy Fuck are you retarded? Do you study history? Sherman totally destroyed Atlanta and Charleston, the only city he spared was Savannah.
>>
>>43777234
I'm pretty sure ISIS hasn't wrecked it yet.
>>
>>43784786

I believe he's referring to the "peace talks" Japan was having with the US when Pearl Harbor happened.

>>43784884
>yourhumblespymaster.jpg
>>
>>43769656
>Mongols don't count.

Fuck you, hippie.
>>
>>43784998
Mongols are pretty much niggers though
>>
File: 1446468508022.jpg (19 KB, 239x207) Image search: [Google]
1446468508022.jpg
19 KB, 239x207
>>43785048
>>
>>43784900
>there are only 3 cities in the south

Furthermore, which of those cities surrendered? Savannah. which of those cities resisted? Atlanta and Charleston.

When the situations called for OT Sherman restrained his troops. Villifying him is pure butthurt southern revisionism, because he refused to play their stupid games anymore or to dignify their revolution. They talked shit, stepped, and got wrekt.
>>
>>43785108
Do you have any idea how small the South was at the time back in 1864? Saying they only had 3 cities isn't inaccurate at all, like I said please read up on your history.

Also I'm not painting the CSA as bad guys you dipshit.
>>
>>43785160
Oops, meant painting Sherman as the bad guy
>>
File: 1100px-Map_of_CSA_4.png (413 KB, 1100x558) Image search: [Google]
1100px-Map_of_CSA_4.png
413 KB, 1100x558
>>43785160
>the south was small

Nigger what

It was literally half the united States back then. 11 states. It had THREE capitals.

What history should I be reading, the one for the land of elves and fairies?
>>
>>43785292
>he thinks landmass equals population size
>>
>>437854301.
City/State -- Population in 1860 -- Rank in US -- Year returned to the union

1. New Orleans, Louisiana 168,675 6 1862
2. Charleston, South Carolina 40,522 22 1865
3. Richmond, Virginia 37,910 25 1865
4. Mobile, Alabama 29,258 27 1865
5. Memphis, Tennessee 22,623 38 1862
6. Savannah, Georgia 22,619 41 1864
7. Petersburg, Virginia 18,266 50 1865
8. Nashville, Tennessee 16,988 54 1862
9. Norfolk, Virginia 14,620 61 1862
10. Augusta, Georgia 12,493 77 1865

Atlanta BTW is 12th on this list. Census puts the total pop of the CSA at 9,103,332

The Union of course was much larger and had a 5 to 2 advantage in manpower.
>>
>>43784900
Sherman didn't destroy Atlanta, Hood did when set military supplies ablaze and evacuated. The first thing Sherman's forces did when they entered Atlanta was start fighting fires.

>>43785160
Atlanta wasn't a city back in 1864. It had less than 10,000 people living in it.
>>
>>43784599
i can see similarity to both the testudo and the schiltrom, so its just ahistorical as opposed to completely impracticable
>>
>>43784456
No you idiot, that Anon meant "the Germanic tribes as described by the Romans; or [the other choice being] the Maori.
>>
>Khorne doesn't care from where (or from which means) the blood flows, just that it flows
Probably most of the wars chinks participated in, even though they can be completely retarded with it
>>
>>43771872
Fuck off Tojo
>>
Maori are a pretty good answer. They're basically the only native people that weren't irreparably rekt by British colonialism and they have being hard as fuck to thank for that.
Hell, the Brits even stooped to sighing a proper treaty with them.
>>
>>43779208
I'm pretty sure that should be Italy
>>
>>43769679
>the 1st Crusade during the Sack of Jerusalem
>not the centuries of Muslim conquest beforehand
>>
>>43769840
THE ETERNAL SEMITE
>>
File: 1447888165177.png (301 KB, 800x1000) Image search: [Google]
1447888165177.png
301 KB, 800x1000
>>43779208
10/10
Pre-WW1 German Empire is still cool though
>>
>>43788992
Yeah, actually, how many vietcong were thrown at anerican troops and slaughtered?
>>
>>43775633
It amazes me this sort of thing needs to be pointed out. That is literally the only reason to exclude them.
>>
>>43776684
So relevant it is 2 comments up from you.. and also the comment being replied to. So relevant that I am positive you saw it, forgot about it, and then reposted it thinking you were a clever lad that made that connection all by yourself.

Marijuana. It's a fun drug til you realize you've been walking in a circle for the last ten years.
>>
>>43789206
the Sack of Jerusalem was so savage (even by middle eastern standards) that the streets of the city were running ankle deep with blood
>>
>>43789685
he might have reposted it because the 1st link has beed hit by copyright in the UK
>>
Scythians are up there.

Invented scalping, headhunting, the skull goblet, and the modern concept of "barbarian".

Were also probably cannibals. Ritualistically or otherwise.
>>
>>43777590
>Norse berserkers
>"warrior force that ever existed"
>>
>>43771935
Some of Khorne's Champions do, not the guy himself.

>>43769679
>40K: the 1st Crusade during the Sack of Jerusalem
The sack itself wasn't all that special, except perhaps the fact that the bunch of murderhobos that was the first crusade ever made it to Jerusalem.
>>
>>43789380
a fuckton
>>
>>43783973
ISIS isn't all that extreme frankly. They just get all the TV time.
>>
>>43789309
>German
>'Empire'
FOREST
DWELLERS
https://youtube.com/watch?v=4ztOV2wrrkY
>>
>>43784786
It should have been the false surrenders that happened at Guadalcanal as one example of Tzeentchian trickery and the events of Pearl Harbour being another, different example.
>>
>>43792139

ILLA TAHIN!!!
>>
>>43773815
>/d/
>lets masturbate
>>
>>43777440
Because it's vastly better and more interesting.

>>43769656
I'd call Spartans, Vikings or maybe Aztecs what with all those sacrifices.
>>
>>43769656
>Asks question
>Wants answer besides the right one
Genghis Motherfucking "Fucking your Mom" Khan brought Khorne into existence more or less entirely, and Nurgle into sapience. Then he was ascended to a Daemon Prince of Khorne who is still one of the strongest motherfuckers in the Warp.
>>
>>43792139
>ISIS isn't all that extreme frankly, they are just burning people alive currently rather than centuries ago
>>
>>43769656
Vikings.

>Our heaven is a place where we get to fight battles, die, and resurrect to do it all over again, and to get there we need to die with a weapon in our hand.
>>
>>43796903
>mfw people defend Islam by saying terrorists are extremists
>mfw no other religion currently causes as much problems as Islam, from both the extremists and normal immigrants shitting up grocery stores selling pork and whatever problems the UK and EU have to put up with
>mfw people try to bring up "the crusades" like those didn't happen hundreds of years ago before the US was seven formed
>mfw people don't know that the crusades were a desperate last stand against muslim invaders who had already conquered and killed over 75% of christianity

Dipshits like this are why America "lost" the Vietnam War, and why the world is being shat up the way it is now.
>>
File: pleb.png (164 KB, 398x307) Image search: [Google]
pleb.png
164 KB, 398x307
>>43797552
>mfw when using a mfw sentence without an image
>mfw trying to blame an entire group for what about 3-5% of that group do
>mfw never heard of the KKK or fairly modern to modern christian atrocities
>75% of christianity (oh I see you're actually retarded)
>THAT'S why America lost the war (sure whatever helps your ego stay too big)
>lost in inverted commas (yep retarded)
>>
>>43797745
>inverted commas

I lol,d.
>>
>>43769840
That almost sounds Slanneshi, though. Khorne just wants dead people. All that flaying and mauling and mutilating for the sake of fear/making an example, seems more like "excess", to me.

Especially the "death by dehydration" in the desert. That's neither bloody slaughter nor producing skulls, it's just making vulture food.

Shit's almost Nurglite in the despair it must have inspired.
>>
>>43769656
Don't see why they wouldn't count.
As currently, Khorne's most powerful daemon prince may in fact be Ghengis Khan.
>>
>>43797921

Just something all you guys who think Doombreed is Khorne's most powerfull daemon should keep in mind.

If Doombreed is a daemon prince made from human stock.

Angron is a daemon PRIMARCH, made from primarch stock.

It's cannon that Daemon Primarchs are more powerfull that every Daemon Prince. Every.

So stop the Doombreed wanking, Angron is strongest and will always be the strongest. Otherwise Doombreed would get the title of "Son of Khorne" instead of Angron. Doombreed hasn't even appeared in recent lore. Fucking DoomRider makes more appearances than him, he has been fucking retconned out.
>>
>>43798008

>mfw b-but Genghis Khan killed MILLIONS
>when Angron killed whole planets

>mfw Genghis Khan never took to the battlefield
>when Angron jumped into the thickest of battle alone

>mfw Doombreed is more powerful
>when Angron is prophetized by the Eldar as "son of the Blood God""

> mfw I have no face
> because Angron cut it off
>>
>>43785048
>steppe niggers
>>
>>43797831
http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/words/inverted-commas
>>
>>43797921
>>43798008
>>43798039
So if Ghengis Khan is in fact Doombreed, what was he doing for all the thousands of years before mankind started expanding out from earth? Surely a daemon prince could have took over the world.
>>
>>43798741

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quotation_mark
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/quotation%20mark

There's a reason "quotes" exist, but you don't "invert comma" someone.
>>
>>43798039
Angron was a 9 foot tall bio-engineered murder machine with future tech weapons. Even his urge to kill was only because he had metal shoved into his head. It wasn't his own. Genghis Khan was just a man. A man with a vision.

>>43799869
He was busy conquering other worlds/fighting in Khornes realm.
>>
>>43773815
I'm listening to Paranoid Android as I look at this gif, and it fits incredibly well somehow.
>>
>>43799931
How was he conquering other worlds when mankind didn't achieve space flight?
>>
>>43800034
He was a demon prince. Stress on the demon part.

Once you get to that level you get to go anywhere Chaos goes.

Plenty of aliens were kicking around long before humanity achieved space flight, and plenty of those races fell to Chaos.
>>
>>43800059
Then why not conquer Earth? Also are there any xeno daemon princes?
>>
>>43800082
One would assume there has to be, but we never see any. So, y'know 40k fluff.

Why not conquer Earth? Maybe Tzeentch slipped Khorne a tip that it would be important later on? Who knows. It's what happened.

Whether or not Doombreed was Khan doesn't change the fact that someone from Earth before spaceflight became a demon prince.
>>
>>43793595
What's wrong with forests?
>>
>>43800112
What if Doombreed is Hitler?
>>
>>43769656
Probably african warlords or Japan during WW2.

>>43771935

That's just plain untrue. The sole example of Khorne favoring honorable warriors is a 40k supplement, Renegades 2e, for Adeptus Titanicus.

If anything, Chaos is way more corrosive and aggressive in WHFB than 40k -- 40k lacks Chaos Warriors. Yeah, yeah, CSM -- but CW lose their memories and get inherent stat boosts, CSM are mostly the same as the SM they were.
>>
>>43800082
There are references to them, yeah. However the 40k setting is portrayed in a humanocentric fashion, hence why they don't bother with non human chaos types much.
>>
>>43797745
The KKK isn't remotely comparable to IS, at least in terms of ruthlessness or body count.
>>
File: muhminority.jpg (42 KB, 500x529) Image search: [Google]
muhminority.jpg
42 KB, 500x529
>>43797745
>3-5%
Hue
>>
>>43800534
Source that motherfucker. I want to know how exactly they got this data.
>>
>>43800534

Islam is indefensible as an ideology.

Islam defense force trolls, name a single Islamic state that

- Allows homosexuality.
- Allows rights for women.
- Allows freedom of religion.

You can't. It's literally worse than Nazism.
>>
>>43800562
The source is right there. At the bottom of the picture. It's just right there.
>>
>>43800562

It's RIGHT THERE at the bottom of the image you blind ass, stupidass, assin' ass, dumbass mother fucker.
>>
>>43800562
I understand that reading comprehension is hard but if you would take maybe 5 seconds to look at the bottom of the graph, you'd realize that it is sourced.
>>
>>43769728
Jan Tilly represents Khorne's aspect of martial honor.

His soldier represent Khorne's undying bloodlust.
>>
>faggots actually defending Islam

What percentage of these faggots are muslims, ignorant white liberal faglords, atheists who hate christianity, and trolls?

Literally no sane person can defend Islam earnestly outside of devil's advocate or some political bullshit.
>>
File: sgt-zim.jpg (20 KB, 500x285) Image search: [Google]
sgt-zim.jpg
20 KB, 500x285
>2015
>defending islam

Remind me how I'm supposed to respect a religion or culture or whatever that thinks eating pork is unclean but that you should wipe your ass with your bear hand?
>>
>>43800586
>>43800591
>>43800593
I'm dumb as a sack of bricks some time and I'm really tired.

I checked out the source and the first thing that stuck out to me was the fact they *only* interviewed 38 thousand people. That's an enormous census, but a exceedingly small percentage of the population.

That said, I do believe Islam was written by an schizophrenic warlord who liked to have sex with little girls, liked to murder people who disagreed with anything he said, and created the scripture mainly to enforce the laws he wanted. So people should probably treat it as such. I mean, c'mon, he was literally a fucking warlord. Name a single other religion who's prophet murdered people and built empires.
>>
File: God-Emperor.jpg (136 KB, 604x598) Image search: [Google]
God-Emperor.jpg
136 KB, 604x598
>>43800704
>Name a single other religion who's prophet murdered people and built empires
>>
>>43800704
Fair enough.
I'm pretty sure there's other censuses/polls that support it what this one says, but I don't have em on hand.
But yea, fuck Islam
>>
>>43800704
>only 38,000 people

Seriously? That's a huge fucking sample size. I'll bet you use stupid ass personal anecdotes on this site that have a whopping sample size of ONE person.
>>
>>43800754

Xenos aren't people and he only built one empire.

Checkmate, Muhammad.
>>
>>43800704
>*only* interviewed 38 thousand people.
I am not sure if you realise that is a massive sample size
>>
>>43800839
#ThunderWarriorLivesMatter

nevr4get
>>
>>43800826
Did I not say it was a whopping sample size? But it's also a sample size of a population of 1.6 billion. So it comes out to about one forty two thousandth of the total Muslims in the world.

Again, I'm not even saying I disagree with the report, just that that sample size is still shockingly small given what they're measuring.
>>
>>43800704
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7TAAw3oQvg
>>
File: 1435768196347.jpg (55 KB, 393x296) Image search: [Google]
1435768196347.jpg
55 KB, 393x296
>>43769912
>It was a common practice to kill infants and young children so they wouldn't have to care for them.
>>
>>43800573
actually

there is an enforced rule that a man must not sleep with another man's wife. they use a loophole where they fuck other men because men can't be wives. they fuck little boys, too.

so you see, homosexuality does happen. also pedophilia.
>>
>>43800892
I will agree with you. You are well-spoken and smart. I enjoy reading posts like that.

But you're still a faggot. Have a good night.
>>
>>43801079

So what about the other two? And which Islamic states allow homosexual marriage? Why is ISIS beheading gays?
>>
>>43769912
fuck man these guys make ISIS look like the Red Hat Society.
>>
>>43801191
Strangely enough, ISIS isn't a good representative of Islam. If you expect Islam to be held accountable for everything ISIS does, you have to also expect Christianity to be held accountable for everything the KKK does.
>>
>>43773815
The penises and tentacles go without saying though.
>>
>>43801234
Read and understand the cultural imperatives within the Quran. Then come back.
http://www.everyjoe.com/2015/11/23/politics/how-islam-is-different-whats-in-quran/#1
>>
>>43801234

I love how people bring up KKK for Christianity, when the KKK constitute a far smaller percentage of Christians, and Christianity specifically condemns the KKK's actions.

Meanwhile, over 50% of Muslims support things like Shariah law and anti-Western/human rights sentiment, and "radical extremists" of Islam number enough to fight two wars.

So no, your shitty KKK analogy doesn't mean shit.
>>
>>43775714
I want Dan Carlin fans to leave
>>
>>43776036
The skulls are a tribute to a shitload of Prussian soldiers who marched into the woods and froze to death through a series of poor decisions or something. It was a reminder that duty to one's country came before duty to oneself or some shit.
>>
>>43769724
>he thought this was an intelligent post.
all of those are board related topics. khornate armies in history isn't /v/ at all. you dumb fucking shit head.
>>
>>43770173
the japanese were fucked up to each other plenty too. bushido and smaurai honor is a lie and propaganda made up in Japans peaceful periods (a time were samurai were more rich noblemen than warrior) in order to stir up nationalism against foreign incursion. Jap history is full of backstabbing eachother and betraying lords at the last minute before battles if it looked like they might lose and were pretty barbaric with their violence.
>>
>>43800233
Khorne could do better. Pol Pot at least.
>>
File: NO.gif (558 KB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
NO.gif
558 KB, 300x169
>>43797745
Found the Muslim.
>If not, just a massive kike/kek
>>
>>43777440
because the condition that its in when people first get deep into it is the bit that sticks with them
>>
>>43769656
Agree with all the Assyrianfags, but for a single individual, Elizabeth Bathory may well be the most Khornate woman known to history. Hard to say who the bloodiest man is though...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_B%C3%A1thory for those interested.
Also Ghost has a great song written about her.
>>
>>43800059
> Source: Your fandom
>>
>>43773790
>>43775166
>>43775514
>>43784313
Real life is so much lamer than fiction.
>>
>>43800371
IRA, then.
>>
>>43805651
dont remember the ira burning people alive and recording it and then distributing the copy's far and wide
>>
>>43769728
>>43769960

Who is Tilly? A Google search literally gives me nothing historical.
>>
you fucking american nazis truly believe ISIS is Islam right? did you people actually read the koran? fuck did you even read the fucking bible?
>>
>>43800633
>pointing out atheists
stupid ass american detected
>>
>>43806263
The only fair comparison of ISIS now is Christianity a few hundred years ago. Specifically when all the Catholics and Protestants were killing each other, or the Puritans were banning Christmas.

>but Christianity has advanced since then, why hasn't Islam?

It had, even despite the colonial powers fucking around with the middle east it was at least peaceful, if only because of the iron law of dictatorship. But as soon as the west took out Saddam they left a huge power vacuum with no proper government to fill it, as well as lots of angry, aimless, hopeless people who also happened to believe quite strongly in this still-conservative religion.

>but what about radicals in other countries?

Most majority Muslim countries are poor, and most Muslims living in rich countries have probably immigrated from those poor countries and so remained poor, even after a generation or two because of how poverty works. Poor people don't get a good education, they don't become more knowledgeable or less ignorant and they don't become more empathetic, so when they're presented with something claiming to be the word of god they'll lack the critical thinking skills and sociocultural context to resist it. And no, you can't bomb that problem away.

As time passes and the lives of these people become easier, each generation will be less and less religious and radicalised and the whole problem will melt away. All we have to do in the mean time is not give complete executive authority to someone claiming to have a 'quick fix' to Islam.
>>
>>43784273
I lived in Japan for three years, and can confirm, the Japanese as a whole are Racist as shit. Also they don't teach the fact that the bombing of pearl harbor was done before we joined the war.
>>
>>43806323
Jan Tzerklas, Count of Tilly
an Imperial General in the 30 Years War
>>
>>43800633
I'm an atheist, I hate Christianity, and I also hate Islam. Checkmate.
>>
File: marauder.jpg (154 KB, 518x868) Image search: [Google]
marauder.jpg
154 KB, 518x868
>>43769656
> ctrl+f
>No harii tribe mentioned
>Germanic warriors who painted their bodies and weapons black and decimated the Romans who wondered into their territory
> only used weapons made of wood and still made roman legions their fuccbois when combating steel based technology
> Romans were so terrified of their "Ghost Warriors" that areas the Harii tribe use to occupy are to this day traditionally seen as haunted by evil spirits
>Assumed by historians to be a Wodin based wolf cult
GOML Assyrians, Japan, and Maoris
>>
>>43808253
>"I am on all levels except physical a fedora"
>>
>>43809359
>I have no argument so I claim, with no basis, that this anonymous poster wears a fedora
>>
>>43809338
is there anything about the Harii other than a Tacitus Boogyman?
>>
>>43809338
>Romans were so terrified of their "Ghost Warriors" that areas the Harii tribe use to occupy are to this day traditionally seen as haunted by evil spirits
It is? Because I live in Germany and have never hear of anything like that.

>> only used weapons made of wood and still made roman legions their fuccbois when combating steel based technology
Source?

>Assumed by historians to be a Wodin based wolf cult
As in pulled out thir asses, since all we have to go on is a mention from Tacitus.

>>43809692
Mostly idiots fapping about muh glorious Aryan forefathers.
Thread replies: 211
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.