[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what went wrong since the definitive version
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: pic2460233.jpg (645 KB, 1740x1920) Image search: [Google]
pic2460233.jpg
645 KB, 1740x1920
>inb4 I really like the 7th/8th edition garbage / I'm an AoS Untermensch
>>
people bitching about magic ... nuff said
>>
so many retarded people complaining without haste ... just so many faggets complaining
>>
>>43769100
7th was decided not to be an iterative improvement and bugfix for 6th to make it a more perfected game, and instead introduced a whole slew of it's own problems. 8th threw up on the mess that was left after a giant clusterfuck of army book wankery happened.
>>
>>43769100
Of what I've played.
6th > 5th > 7th >> 8th > AoS
>>
Describe the major diferrences between the eds of Warhammer to me.
>>
>>43770843
you're alright.
>>
>>43769100
This is truth

The reason Warhammer will die is that people who refuse to play AoS keep playing shitty 8th instead of going back to the actually good edition
>>
File: tn_IMG_4869.jpg (154 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
tn_IMG_4869.jpg
154 KB, 1200x900
>>43771192
And those that actually decide to go backwards in edition seem to be clustering around 3rd.

Though that's not a bad thing, it's the other 'good' edition.
>>
>>43770890
6th Ed had smaller armies, smaller units (a full rank was 4 models instead of 5) a more tactical game and insane amounts of customization. The Magic Phase was problematic.

7th fixed the Magic Phase somewhat and played around with psychology rules. Fear and Terror were absolutely insane, but all in all it wasn't THAT much different from 6th, but the books had a lot less flavor and the balance was a lot more out of whack. Armies were a bit bigger.

8th went completely batshit in the magic phase, completely killed monsters and fear, uses a metric fuckton of models and has even blander books than 7th.

>>43771381
Why the shit would you go back to 3rd? I understand sticking with 5-8th or switching to 9th age or KoW, but third?!
>>
>>43771594
3rd is the pinnacle of oldhammer, especially the fluff part with slaves to darkness and the lost and the damned. Afaik 1st and 2nd aren't streamlined at all and 4th/5th are the herohammer editions.
>>
>>43771950
I thought the herohammering was already rampant in 3rd, but seems like I was wrong.
>>
>>43772230
There's not the shit-ton of armour and ward saves protecting them in 3rd. And a bunch of better items were unit standards.

It's also got a hell of a lot of character to it, clearly expanding on what came before as well as re-working things.
That and the style gives a very different experience to modern warhammer as games go, which gives it an edge in something to play versus the more recent versions.
>>
>>43769100
I prefer 3rd Edition
>>
>>43771950
Hear hear!
>>
>>43769100
That's still one of my favourite rulebook covers to this day.
>>
>>43773030
>That's still one of my favourite rulebook covers to this day.

Needs more shitty CGI.
>>
>>43769100
Nothing was wrong with the 7th edition rules.
The problem was with the army books.

I miss it so much /tg/
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.