[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Slaanesh
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 10
File: slaanesh.jpg (130 KB, 750x600) Image search: [Google]
slaanesh.jpg
130 KB, 750x600
Why is there no love for the love god?

''While Khorne is a frightful and terrible warrior, Tzeentch's sorcery forces his form to defy mortal logic, and Nurgle is the ultimate embodiment of his own decaying creations, Slaanesh alone is divinely beautiful.''
>>
File: 1443318361607.jpg (429 KB, 1080x675) Image search: [Google]
1443318361607.jpg
429 KB, 1080x675
>>43759022
What non-warp madness do you speak out of?

The last "Favorite Chaos God" thread had tons of Slaaneshnis
>>
>>43759076
I must have missed that...
>>
>>43759022
My favorite god. I wish GW would give Slaanesh more lore, and models. The farm equipment stuff was just kind of confusing.
>>
>>43759022
Slaanesh is sort of the Chaos God of What's Left. The other three hog the three strongest aspects and he gets the scraps.
>>
>>43759112
>I wish GW would give Slaanesh more lore, and models.
This so much this!
I want to build a viable Slaanesh army with that sweet +3/+6 inches and all that other fun with the demons.
>>
File: 1366264120028.jpg (120 KB, 524x492) Image search: [Google]
1366264120028.jpg
120 KB, 524x492
>ITT a bunch of cock gobbling poofters
>>
File: Slaanesh_by_baklaher.jpg (142 KB, 1024x1117) Image search: [Google]
Slaanesh_by_baklaher.jpg
142 KB, 1024x1117
>>43759135
haters gonna hate i guess
>>
>>43759135
Except that Excess is the end result of all the other God's. In Fantasy it is flat out stated that eventually Slaanesh will grow most powerful because It feeds off of the excess of bloodshed, scheming, and hopelessness.

Slaanesh can, and has, lured champions of the other Gods away from them.
>>
>>43759436
How do you even make yourself as a Chaos god so you can battle Slaanesh??Spill blood for the blood god only once a week?And only a little?
>>
>>43759436
Makes absolutely no sense it wasn't the first Chaos God then.
>>
>>43759022
I held a poll a few days ago about who is /tg/'s favorite Chaos God. Slaanesh is still in the lead with Tzeentch close behind.

http://strawpoll.me/6033383/r
>>
>>43759534
You can't make yourself a Chaos God.

>>43759551
It was stated in WHFB. Something along the lines of "It is a secret fear of Slaanesh's brothers that He will eclipse them all eventually."
>>
>>43759022
Slaanesh is one of the more popular ones in & out of 40k. Inside, Slaanesh's emphasis on pleasure and hedonism helps attract people through giving them happiness in a grimdark world. Outside, just look at /tg/.
>>
>>43759570
>You can't make yourself a Chaos God.
Bad wording.
What i meant to say is that in order for them to oppose Slaanesh they need to bring order to their realms thus become not chaos.

They cannot battle excess...excess is in the nature of chaos.
>>
>>43759622
Pretty much. Slaanesh really is the purist form of Chaos I think.

Eventually, Slaanesh will win.
>>
>>43759617
>giving them happiness
I though Slaanesh give only pleasure?
>happiness=/=pleasure
No?
>>
File: photo_7_1364309324.jpg (404 KB, 640x748) Image search: [Google]
photo_7_1364309324.jpg
404 KB, 640x748
>>43759617
I don't know.
There are not many miniatures of Slaanesh that i like.

Here is one exception.
>>
>>43759273
That picture would be more accurate with a penis.
>>
>>43759768
Slaanesh is whatever form you choose It to be. If the most pleasing form to you has a cock, Slaanesh would.

It also means you're a fag.
>>
>>43759824
kek i was about to type the same thing
>>
One day I will run that campaign with 5 noise marines going around glaaxy giving cncerts on every world they visit in search of the pick of destiny!
>>
>>43759705
I've always, ALWAYS wanted to be able to paint pale skin like that... I must know how!
>>
File: image.jpg (411 KB, 1600x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
411 KB, 1600x1136
>>43759886
>>
>>43759919
Muddy white base paint?
>>
>>43759022
Slaanesh is up there with Tzeentch as my preferred Chaos gods, both of whom due to the wider variety of aspects they represent. It bugs me that so many people focus just on Slaanesh as just being sex, when s/he has so much more. Hell, the premiere CSM legion that worships him/her is/was obsessed with perfection and pride, which is why they fell, not because they were rapists.

Khorne is definitely the lamest, and it bugs me that he gets the most focus from GW, even though his followers are the most fucking retarded and boring of all the gods.
>>
File: choose.jpg (80 KB, 499x750) Image search: [Google]
choose.jpg
80 KB, 499x750
>>43759824

Any form you say?
>>
>>43760146
Slaanesh accepts, and encourages your fetish.
>>
>>43760146
>Any form you say?
Any form that would make you surrender your soul to him....

>>43760117
>It bugs me that so many people focus just on Slaanesh as just being sex, when s/he has so much more.
Well this is their weakness an what drives them towards Slaanesh m8.If you see him as drugs...canibals and other carnal desires included its all goood.. i mean baaad.
>>
>>43760317
Oh, no, don't get me wrong, I understand that. But if Slaanesh were just sex, s/he would be just as boring and single-minded as Khorne, which is why I wish people would focus on more than just that.
>>
>>43760376
Go and talk with GW they need to give more fluff to Slaanesh...
>drug marines
>canibal cultists
>tentacle spawn female spawn
>Sirens(screech demons)
>>
Honestly the whole "Slaanesh will overpower all others thing" is a fundamentally flawed concept. Where is the 'excess' in bloodshed? Scheming? Or decay? It was (I believe anyway) GW's most clever piece of writing making the other gods so single-minded. Because how can you generate an excess of a single-minded goal and devotion?

As for the champions falling to Slaanesh point, that actually proves the above concept in action, if a Khorne swordsman leaves to pursue perfection in his skills he is no longer single-mindedly devout to his god and purpose, thus he falls to the wayside.

Or I could be reading way too much into it and it's just 'reasons' on GW's part.
>>
>>43760117

Not taking any kind of favoritism from the Designers into account, there are likely a few reasons why Khorne receives the most attention. First of all is the fact that 40k, Fantasy, and AoS are ultimately games all about war and Khorne is the god of war. As an addition to this, being the god of war means he is most likely to be behind various kinds of war machines. Second, Khorne is usually the most powerful god most of the time and his forces being so present could be a way of showing this.

>>43760514

You could view excess as meaning extreme, in which case that is something all of the other Chaos gods fit to a T, they have such an extreme need to indulge in certain activities that it basically defines who they are.
>>
>>43760445

only SoB who ever willingly fell went for Slaanesh.
>>
>>43760803
I get why Khorne is sorta the main focus, I just wish GW would at least give him and his followers some more variety than RAM FACE INTO BULLETS.
>>
>>43760803
True but we don't know what excess means so we're basically arguing fanon. I don't see it happening though, Slaanesh will always be the smallest of the four and GW will never want Slaanesh as the main 'face' of Chaos compared to the more family friendly local god of slaughter, bloodshed and war, Khorne. An interesting theory none the less I must confess.

>>43761053
Khorne is what you make of him really. I woulld quite like a look at Khorne away from CSM because that's where it's more likely to get interesting.
>>
File: slaanesh sempai.jpg (419 KB, 1880x1424) Image search: [Google]
slaanesh sempai.jpg
419 KB, 1880x1424
Slaanesh a best
>>
I do wonder why none of the surviving Eldar eventually gave in and accepted their glorious creation and their eventual oneness with their god. You'd think at least a few would come to accept She-who-thirsts as their destiny.
>>
>>43761443
Well i imagine it's hard to tell the difference between that and a "normal" slipped-up-and-slaneesh-instantly-ate-their-soul
>>
File: 1420499689951.png (159 KB, 403x403) Image search: [Google]
1420499689951.png
159 KB, 403x403
>>43759022
Playing a fallen slaneeshi SoB is still the most fun I ever had in a WH40K rpg (and it didn't even end up being enough magical realm to be called out on it. Guess it means I played her wrong after all?)
>>
>>43761515

i don't think it works that way. Even the Dark Eldar only lose their souls graduallly, and i don't think they have a concept of slipping up beyond looking out for backstabbers.
>>
>>43759768
>a penis
Slaanesh must be feeling incredibly vanilla if she's limiting herself to just one.
>>
>>43761443

It's possible they exist within in the Eye of Terror, but likely not in large numbers.
>>
Can someone please post the greentext from that chaos thread a few months ago? It was a tribute to Slaanesh. If you have it you know what I'm referring to.
>>
>>43761536
>Guess it means I played her wrong after all
Slaanesh doesn't need to be Magical Realm All The Time.

Striving for perfection and taking too much pride in your accomplishments is Slaaneshi. So is enjoying incredibly bad music and wubwubing nonstop in the middle of the battlefield. Indulging yourself in your vices, even nonsexual ones, that's also Slaaneshi.

Playing a virgin Slaaneshi SoB who fell because she wanted to become the greatest SoB who has ever lived and descended into vanity and pride, worshiping herself while forgetting about her duty to the Emperor is a completely valid character.
>>
>>43761515
I kinda wanna see a writefagging of the perspectives of worshipers souls being turned into daemons, feeling themselves becoming another extension of their God, at once themselves but also a component of them
>>
>>43761671
Yeah, I was obviously joking there.
General concept was a SoB who just couldn't take the imperium and its rules anymore and refused to die as a silly cog in the Imperial machine. Found some forbidden lore stuff, and things went downhill.
Earned a reputation ofor being the main melee beatstick of the party- a party that had a khornate in it.
And she was a Dialogus.
>>
File: GreatUncleanOne.jpg (94 KB, 600x499) Image search: [Google]
GreatUncleanOne.jpg
94 KB, 600x499
>>43759022

Nurgle still loves ya

Thats why he made chlamydia, hepatitis and HIV. Shine on you crazy sex fanatics
>>
>>43759653
Some get happiness through pleasure. Either way, the self-serving way attracts people in-universe.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.