[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sauron did ___________ wrong.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
Sauron did ___________ wrong.
>>
>>43756641
Sauron did ________.
>>
File: sauron.png (983 KB, 675x990) Image search: [Google]
sauron.png
983 KB, 675x990
Aging and/or picking husbandos
>>
intelligence gathering

His ring got destroyed because he could not understand that there existed a race of diminutive mortals who just did not give a single fuck

Stress testing that shit with some dinky rings of power could've saved him a lot of hassle down the road
>>
>>43756656
Sauron did.
>>
File: saruman_inarage.jpg (5 KB, 211x158) Image search: [Google]
saruman_inarage.jpg
5 KB, 211x158
>>43756641
The dishes! He did the dishes wrong! Honestly, Sauron, I ask you to do ONE THING, and you can't even do THAT!?

When I told you you could crash on my couch for a month, you promised me you'd help out, but all you do is sit around all day and watch Middle Earth with that eye of yours. It's been three months, and have you even landed an interview? You'd better shape up, buddy, or you're going to be looking for somewhere else to live. Nobody takes advantage of Saruman the White's hospitality!
>>
>>43756887
>Great Saruman
Wow, Gohan gets some big jobs when he gets old
>>
>>43756994
I am Songohan of many colors!
>>
>>43756641
Sauron did things so ridiculously wrong.
His fuck ups are so grand and hilarious I almost feel sympathy for him.
>>
>>43756641
Sauron did some things wrong.
>>
Sauron did everything wrong.

Purblind evil for evils sake lacks true vision. The real danger is evil coupled with vision. That always ends up being a nightmare. I wonder if Tolkien chose Sauron's appearance in the Lord of the Rings with that in mind.

It's a good thing then that rarely is evil touched with such vision and tends towards banalities.
>>
>>43756641
>Sauron did wrong.
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 500x740) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 500x740
>>43757251
He had a vision, it was pretty good at the beginning too, it's just that after several hundred thousand years it was boiled down to "everyone should do exactly what I want because I am the greatest engineer ever"
>>
>>43757251
Sauron absolutely did have vision though. The world was too disorderly, and once he ruled it he could OPTIMIZE it, and really, wouldn't that be better for everyone?
>>
>>43758989
But muh mirror vision.
>>
>>43756641
Sauron did... honestly, not as much as you think wrong.

I mean, think about it. He:
1. created a weapon/tool of unbelievable power and versatility,
2. made sure that it had all of ONLY ONE weakness,
3. made sure that the weakness was hidden in the seat of his power, guarded by an army fanatically loyal to him,
4. and gave the weapon/tool a direct tie to his soul so that anyone who tried to use it, he could corrupt and twist their soul into aligning with his own way of thinking.

Oh, and he can't be killed because it has a piece of his soul inside it. Horocruxi for the win!

A lot of people watch or read Lord of the Rings and don't seem to comprehend just how INSANELY CLOSE everything came to falling to the might of Sauron. It was luck, over and over again, that saved the day. Remember, the final battle plan from the not-in-Mordor!heroes was "let's have a suicidal bum rush at the main stronghold of the enemy, and pray that buys the guys we HOPE are close to defeating the enemy enough time to save the world".

That being said, Sauron's greatest failing was his army and generals. If he had an army that was bred more for following orders and planning strategies, instead of being bred for "being evil", it is likely that he would have won. He had the numerical advantage for most of the story, after all.

Oh, and something about underestimating hobbits.
>>
>>43758933
>that image
BOYPUSSY
>>
>>43759352
This.

The Fellowship had divine providence. Only Gandalf and maybe Aragorn had any real notion f what was going on and it fucking terrified the shit out of them. They kept on expecting catastrophe and lucking out and they knew it. At the end they couldn't believe that they go away with it.
>>
_creation_
>>
>>43759624
Exactly, the various elves knew the scale of the threat but had no concept of the timeline of the threat, and everyone else thought their own problems more important.
>>
>>43758933
Sauron was made for anal.
>>
>>43756641
Melkor
>>
Man, I really hate this whole faggy pretty-boy thing tumblr keeps doing
>>
>>43759352
Sauron's generals weren't bad, but then there wasn't much complicated shit going on either side.
>>
>>43757251
When you're a giant eye, don't you really have nothing but vision?

>>43763854
Sauron took on human form repeatedly before the destruction of Numenor, and it was repeatedly described as "beautiful" and "fair." And it is almost certainly the Elvish interpretation on same, so we're not going for ruggedly handsome here.
>>
>>43764047
Sure, and I have no problem with >>43756641
but when it's "Look at how pretty I am, tee-hee, time for buttsex with morgoth, aren't we fabuluous?!?" it's too much
>>
>>43764047
The elves WERE ruggedly handsome. Tolkein got his panties in a twist as frilly elves. Elves are supposed to be tall nordic badasses.
>>
>>43764132
did I trigger you?

good
>>
>>43763258
Melkor did Sauron, not the other way round
>>
>>43764086
He called himself King Excelent, which is irrefutably faggy. The elves were ridiculously burly dandies, akin to Achilles. Tar-Marion the sorcerer was a wimpy fuck, and fought either with shape shifting or straight up magical singing
>>
>>43758933
What was his vision?
>>
>>43759352
>Oh, and something about underestimating hobbits.
It was underestimating "weakness" in general. He had been edgy and power hungry for so long that he forgot that some people out there just wanted to be comfy. Considering most of his plans involved fighting nations and heroes his way of thinking worked out pretty well. Power is an awesome way to manipulate the powerful. "The ends justifies the means" is also a great seed for corruption in the righteous. But for all his grand strategies he had lost touch with managing the little people, thus the need for an army of fanatical monsters.
By the time LotR takes place the Big S is a giant sperglord, not unlike your average MtG veteran.

Gandalf was banking on the theory that Sauron would never even consider that his enemies might use an unoptimised plan. It wasn't total luck but it was a risk. Instead of raising armies he was going around looking for just the right minor elements to use against Sauron. The hobbits weren't well know and did so little outside the shire no one had a reason to examine them closely enough to see how bad-ass they were. He used a well executed plan as a decoy for a ridiculously sketchy one.

If Sauron had made connections with traders, townsmen or other common folk he probably could have unravelled the wizard's plot. If he actually had allies instead of mercenaries and slaves he might have been able to take down the "lesser" threats that were his true weakness. It was his mixture of autism and edge prevented that kind of trust. He was just so much of a micro-manager.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.