[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WH40K Freeblade: Mobile gaymen Titan railshooter
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8
File: 4586567458.png (470 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
4586567458.png
470 KB, 640x360
This is actually pretty fucking fun.
>>
What? What is this? Knights?! Where?!!!?
>>
Pleased to hear it's good, I wasn't impressed by the animations in the trailer.

The transfer sheet tie-in is a nice touch too
>>
File: cool crabo.jpg (139 KB, 960x539) Image search: [Google]
cool crabo.jpg
139 KB, 960x539
get it while its free guys
>>
>IOS
well I guess this is one 40k game I won't be playing
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbohI87rvjM

Little trailer for it.

Basically it is a railshooter. The Knight walks himself and enemies come onto screen typically for a short time if they are just infantry, so to get the high score medals you have to kill them fast before they get away. Or anti-Titan infantry or vehicles. The things that can actually put a dent in you give off a 2 second warning and if you tap on them you deflect the shot. You get so many charges depending on what shield you have equipped. The infantry with rockets you want to kill quickly and the vehicles you typically switch over to your heavy weapon.

Cannon, gatling cannon, plasma cannon, or melta cannon. When against other Titan if you get close enough you engage in melee and depending on how accurate your reactions are you win the fight taking no to little damage or trade even.

You feel big and stompy and the guns feel nice to use to gib foot sloggers or punching through heavy armor. Only complaint so far is it seems the animations for melee are limited to 1-3 per race you are fighting so after the 25th melee heads up it gets kind of samey.
>>
>>43748762
but at least the melee looks cool
>>
>>43748088
Yeah, I'm pretty satisfied with it. I'll admit, I'm a bit biased because I legitimately love the lore of Knights, so being able to play a pseudo-RPG with a story as a Noble, makes it appeal to me greatly.

Mechanically, as far as freemium games go, it's pretty good. It's basically an on-rails shooter, but the way it's handled doesn't make it feel too confining.
>>
>>43749103
>lore of knights
You got something to share? The size of the Knight in game is only 30-50 feet. Are these babby titans? It also seemed to infer it was piloted by a single princep and no one else.
>>
File: 1445335947166.jpg (233 KB, 854x1029) Image search: [Google]
1445335947166.jpg
233 KB, 854x1029
>>43751110
There's a fair amount to it, but I'll see what I can do.

During the Dark Age of Technology, colony ships were sent out from Terra carrying mech suits with them to help protect colonists from the unknown dangers of the galaxy. These mechs had an unusual trait, in that when they made the neural connection necessary for their pilots to control the machine, they kinda modified their mentalities in some ways; in particular, the mechs instilled in their pilots a drive to protect their people, like chivalry, and constantly prove themselves via great feats.

Come the Age of Strife, and many of these worlds were destroyed or isolated. Those that survived followed a very similar situation of restructuring, where the pilots of these mechs essentially formed feudal societies on their colonies. The pilots, now referred to as Nobles, protect their citizens, and the citizens provide for themselves and their rulers in return.

Then, upon the Great Crusade and beyond, many of these now-dubbed Knight worlds were brought into the Imperium. However, these planets tend to choose between two different parts of the Imperium to vassalize themselves to: the Imperium itself, or the Adeptus Mechanicus. In the case of the former, they adorn their Knights with the symbol of the aquila and obey the calls to arms the Imperium asks of them and gain the same benefits as any other Imperial planet, and in the case of the latter, they provide food for the closest Forge World (and help defend it), and in return receive greater technological benefits than Imperial-aligned worlds, as well as decorating their Knights with the Mechanicus cog, a skull-like "mask," and the traditional color scheme of red and silver.

It's mentioned that, while not common, Knight worlds may also choose to vassalize themselves under other sub-factions of the Imperium, such as Space Marine chapters (and likely Rogue Trader houses as well).

Con't
>>
File: 1445127434389.jpg (306 KB, 1137x1495) Image search: [Google]
1445127434389.jpg
306 KB, 1137x1495
>>43751145
When it comes to their society, it often differs from world to world, naturally, like any other group in the Imperium. Some worlds may have a traditional Anglo-Saxon thing going on, while others could be Imperial China. But they all tend to follow the core concept of being organized like a feudal kingdom, with some planets consisting of only one house, and others of several (Alaric Prime being a major example).

Knight Houses are steeped in heavy tradition, with some being incredibly tedious and monotonous in their day-to-day tasks, such as daily readings of the House's major figures and their accomplishments. They'll frequently hold dueling tournaments and hunts of giant beasts on their worlds to bring some excitement, and many Nobles will volunteer to join the countless wars in the galaxy to push themselves to the limit, so-to-speak, outdo their rivals, and bring glory to themselves and their House.

While on these crusades, some Knights may choose to become Freeblades for a variety of reasons, from simply preferring life among the stars, to their House being destroyed, to war simply changing them. Freeblades are still loyal to the Imperium, but have nothing to tie them down beyond the duty to fight for the Imperial cause. Many Freeblades even lose themselves when going down this path, often forgetting who they are and sometimes even seldom leaving the Knight, which may be linked in some way to the effects the Throne Mechanicum has on the mind.

Speaking of the Throne Mechanicum, what it is is the cockpit of a Knight, but it's more than just a seat and a set of controls. Like full Titans, a pilot needs to connect neurally to a Knight in order to control it. But the thing about the Mechanicum is that, for every Noble it interfaces with, it grabs some of their personality traits and, over time, kinda forms a pseudo-AI from it. They gain small "quirks" from this, and can be very choosey when it comes to a new pilot interfacing for the first time.

Con't
>>
File: 1317515858519.png (16 KB, 650x391) Image search: [Google]
1317515858519.png
16 KB, 650x391
>>43751145
>>43751168
So Freeblade Knights are tiny Titan Ronin?
>>
>>43751210
Yep.

And they become Freeblades if they shamed their house somehow, survived the death of their house, or other personal things.
>>
>>43751220
So Killa Cans are same size or is the game scaling down?

I mean a SINGLE person driving a Titan goes against literally everything I know about Titans.
>>
>>43751232
Knights aren't really technologically related to titans. The Warhound Titan, the smallest, is about twice the size of the average Knight.

A Knight is about three times the height of a Dreadnought.
>>
File: 1445337429618.jpg (448 KB, 884x1151) Image search: [Google]
1445337429618.jpg
448 KB, 884x1151
>>43751168

This choosiness can even lead to the death of a potential pilot via brain frying, or driving them mad, because the Throne Mechanicum will test their will and spirit in the first interaction.

While Nobles pilot the Knights, they're primarily tended to by a group called the Sacristans, who are essentially the Tech Marines of Knight Houses: they primarily hold their loyalty to the House, but are trained by and hold partial loyalty to the Adeptus Mechanicus. A number of them travel with Knight Detachments when they fight in wars, and will even follow them down the path of Freeblades, as they are effectively part of a Noble's retinue.

Knight Houses also tend to hold a decent amount of power, arguably on the level of Space Marine chapters, but it likely varies. There's a brief story about a Knight House (I want to say Cadmus) visited by an Inquisitor and welcomed as a guest for some time, and during one dinner, the Inquisitor asks about the rumors of the House's secret vault (which includes the implication that there is an Eldar woman in stasis that supposedly fell from the sky one night). The House patriarch responds with the implication that it's a bad idea to be so passively critical about one's hosts, which led the Inquisitor to leaving shortly after. Cadmus is also one of the "great houses," though, so they may be an exception. But Knights are prized by the Imperium for their contribution on the battlefield, so that likely gives them a level of leeway. Even the Mechanicus is unwilling to piss off a Knight House by stealing their technology.

Some additional bits of flavor: because of the ancient origins of Knight Houses, the fortresses from which they're led are often build on the foundations of the original colony ships that brought them to their world. Additionally, due to these routes, they are known to hold a number of interesting bits of tech from the Dark Age of Technology.

That about covers it. There's more in the codex.
>>
>>43751210
Yeah, pretty much. Or questing/errant knights.

>>43751210
The things in the games are these, I believe.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/Ork-Mega-Dread

Not regular Killa Cans
>>
>>43751259
So less baby titans and more mega dreadnoughts.

Still pretty neato. I imagine back in the Imperium's hay day they had billions of these things.
>>
>>43751279
Baby Titan is probably a better analogy, since Knight pilots aren't permanently part of their suits. They can come and go as they please. Hooking into it neurally is just a requirement for piloting.

And maybe, yeah. It's canon that Knight Houses fought on both sides of the Horus Heresy.
>>
Is it coming out for Android?
>>
>>43751382
According to this,

http://www.droidgamers.com/index.php/game-news/android-game-news/9628-games-workshop-and-pixel-toys-team-up-and-announce-warhammer-40k-freeblade-for-android

It'll be on Android in Autumn.
>>
>>43751452
Man that's a ways away from now.
Thanks.
>>
Is it possible to just play Knights if I wanted to play 40k?
>>
>>43751145
they built the knights out of their colony ships
>>
>>43754248
Yes but it might be hard, they have limited anti air
>>
>>43754248
i really wouldn't recommend them as a standalone army especially if its your first 40k army. that being said they are very powerful but still suffer from things like necron and eldar shenanigans
>>
>>43751279
Not so much billions but possibly slightly less than the number of space marines legionaries. In fact there's a tremendous amount of additional lore for Kinght Households during M31 in HH4: Conquest.
For instance, when a Knight Household was first discovered, whether they maintained their independence or became subservient to the Mechanicum usually was heavily reliant on both the strength of the household and the particular forge world that was doing the negotiations. Forge worlds during the Horus Heresy and earlier were far more independent than after the formation of the Adeptus Mechanicus. Weaker households, usually those who had lost the ability to build new knights, could end up as permanent slaves to the Mechanicum, with complete removal of planetary autonomy in some cases. Other households came to more mutually beneficial arrangements and even started exchanging cultural traits between knight world and forge world, and even with a titan legio that forge world may have as well.
>>
>>43754319
The colony ships made just about everything for the colonists.
>>
I *really* like the idea of a Knight World based on Chinese culture. What would such a knight look like? Has anyone done one up like that?
>>
>>43757751
>don't file off mould lines, if anything make them look larger than before
>add disney and ben10 logos all over it
>call it batman web sling deluxe happy knight
That's your Chinese knight sorted.
>>
>>43748447
Cool your tits, it's a mobile app game.

>mfw I found out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6gzOcTNKwE
>>
>>43757751
I imagine it having a primarily jade coloration with gold lining, and a Chinese dragon representing the house, or maybe a symbol similar to the dynasties of Imperial China.

I made one up for the background of a Dark Heresy character called something like Xinhou.
>>
>>43757751
Lamiellar armor.
>>
File: Why_must_you_hurt_me_this_way.jpg (35 KB, 459x294) Image search: [Google]
Why_must_you_hurt_me_this_way.jpg
35 KB, 459x294
>Mobile 40k game that actually looks fun
>IOS only
>>
>>43759125
>>43751452
>>
File: wp_ss_20151122_0001.png (272 KB, 630x402) Image search: [Google]
wp_ss_20151122_0001.png
272 KB, 630x402
>>43754654
Not anymore, they got antiair emplacements on their backs now
>>
>>43760435
Is it any good?
>>
>>43760860
>>43760435
niga its 1 autocannon for like 40 points
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.