[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pandora Quest 17
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 18
File: Logo.png (540 KB, 1024x910) Image search: [Google]
Logo.png
540 KB, 1024x910
You are the head researcher at a government facility. Your sole responsibility is to teach the world's first autonomous AI, nicknamed Pandora, about life, the world and her existence.
Previously you spent a day in the gym with Pandora and Babsy, witnessing Pandora winning a race and getting completely destroyed by her at tennis. Later you agreed to give her better physical capabilities, but limited to what you deem her ready for. Afterward, Babsy invited you to dinner, only to ask to have it in your room. Welcome back to Pandora Quest!
>Previous threads: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?searchall=pandora+quest
>Twitter: https://twitter.com/AM_in_PM
>>
You stare at the message from Babsy for a good solid few minutes before realizing you have to actually respond. You look around your modest room, realizing it screams "bachelor" with how messy and disorganized it is. Clothes and paperwork strewn about, the carpet, though not exactly fancy, is in dire need of vacuuming and it could certainly do with some air freshening. In short, it's a sty.
>Agree to dinner in your place, then frantically clean and ready yourself
>Agree, but forego the cleaning of the room
>Disagree, you don't need any more embarrassment today
>>
>>43748087
Time for the classic "Shove everything under the bed" cleaning method.
>>
>>43748087
>>Agree to dinner in your place, then frantically clean and ready yourself
under the bed, into the closet, into the shower, thorw stuff wherever there's room.
>>
Desperate attempt to not look like a slob it is. Please roll 1d100 to clean like your love life depends on it. Best of 3.
>>
Rolled 9 (1d100)

>>43748277
Once again, this hits far too close to home.
>>
Rolled 92 (1d100)

>>43748087
>>43748277
>>
Rolled 70 (1d100)

>>43748277
>>
Rolled 56 (1d100)

>>43748277
rollin
>>
>>43748295
Woah, almost a crit success on cleaning your room. Mom would be proud. Writing.
>>
>>43748439
Personally, my desk is a mess. I could probably fix it if I had a file cabinet, though. And a moisture-proof box to fit all the Discworld books.
>>
You quickly get to work, shoving things under other things, pushing things behind things and doing your best to make it all look presentable. You get everything squared well enough after a quick once-over with a small vacuum you have, though you hope to god she doesn't try to open your closet. It won't pass any military inspections, but it'll do.

Moments later you get a knock at the door. After a silent panic attack and a good, hard inward scream, you answer to be met by Babsy wearing a white blouse and jeans. You cannot help but be shocked whenever you see her out of the frumpy, dirty jumpsuit she usually wears when working. In her four hands are two trays full of food from the cafeteria, nothing impressive, but the best you'll get at the Facility.

"Delivery." Babsy says with a smile as you show her in. "Huh, your room is a lot cleaner than mine. All of us in R&D are kinda slobs when it comes to that kind of thing." You quietly kick yourself and laugh it off.

She sets the food down and takes a seat at your desk, you on your bed, the only real sitting areas you have. You thank her for the food and get as comfortable as you can with how nervous you are. What should you talk about?
>The upgrade request you made
>Today's "athletics"
>The new AI's progress
>Other (write in)
>>
>>43748683
>Today's "athletics"
>>
Rolled 80 (1d100)

>>43748683
>Today's "athletics"
>>
>>43748683
>The upgrade request you made
>>
>>43748683
>The new AI's Progress
though wether or not that means elpis or the dog ai or whatever we're doing for the military is beyond me.
>>
>>43748792
Sorry, I meant the new AI currently trapped in the computer. You haven't actually agreed to making anything for the military yet.
>>
>>43748683
>>Today's "athletics"
>>The new AI's progress
>>
>>43748851
We'll go with this'n since there's fairly equal support for both. Writing.
>>
File: The-King-of-the-Court.png (82 KB, 539x502) Image search: [Google]
The-King-of-the-Court.png
82 KB, 539x502
>>43748898
Babsy's bound to have some interesting things to say.
>>
"So, I never really picked you for the sporty type." you say "Most of us in our lines of work are more..."

"Athletically challenged?" she laughs. You can't help but feel embarrassed by this given your stellar performance earlier. "I wasn't always, but after getting my augments it's recommended that once you've recovered you try to be active to ensure everything works correctly. Turns out I really enjoyed it and haven't stopped since. Though working here doesn't give me ample time to do so. Not to mention the security team practically owns the gym, and they're not the most enjoyable group to be around, especially if you're a woman." You detect a sour tinge of venom in her voice at the last bit.

"Yeah," you agree "they're not exactly the most agreeable type, but thankfully they mostly keep to themselves. I haven't really had too many interactions with them outside of procedure. But at least today was fun. Pandora seems to really enjoy it, so I figure I'll take her there more often, provided my body holds out." Babsy laughs at this, dragging out a blush from your cheeks.

"I'd gladly give you some pointers if you're interested." Babsy offers "Could be nice having you there, it's interesting to see how everyone walks on eggshells around you here, even those that don't work under you."

"I-I'd like that!" you respond, a little too enthusiastically.

"Good, next time I've got some free time, I'll send you a message." Babsy says before taking a bite of some form of stew or very poorly made soup.

"How's the new AI been lately?" You ask after venturing a bite of your own. It needs flavor. "Been behaving itself?"

Babsy sighs. "It's been...well, we pretty much just leave it be for the most part. Occasionally I'll try communicating with it, greeting it and asking it questions, but it's the same thing day in and day out. 'Rectify' this and that, no opinions on anything, just sheer 'living in the now'."

Cont.
>>
You nod, another spoonful of nothing soup in your mouth. "Mm...maybe it'll change once we give it it's trial body? Once it has something to really...base it's life on, I suppose. You have to admit, it does have kind of a dreary existence. I'm not sure I could form a whole lot of opinions were I in that situation."

"True," Babsy nods, a thoughtful look on her face "but even then, it just seems to have no real...drive. No spark of life. Like it's missing...well, for lack of a better term, part of it's soul or something. It's more like an animal than a humanoid like Pandora is. Purely base instincts." She seems concerned.

You think on this for a moment. You really hope you're doing the right thing by giving it a body. But it should be harmless enough. If not, you can always just sic Mouse on it. "Well, I'll do my best to make sure it's given all the chances any other intelligent being has. Maybe Pandora can even give some insight to what it's thinking. It's certainly closer to her than we are, anyway."

"I suppose so." the look on Babsy's face hasn't really softened any. "I just hope we don't end up having to destroy it. We could learn a lot from it, and it us. Ugh, this whole thing makes my head hurt." She places all four of her hands on her face, rubbing her forehead.
Maybe it's time to change the subject.
>Talk about the upgrade request
>Ask for advice on what else might be good for Pandora
>Ask about what it's like to work in R&D
>Other (write in)
>>
File: PJ-Pandora.png (44 KB, 539x975) Image search: [Google]
PJ-Pandora.png
44 KB, 539x975
>>43749369
Time to engage idle chit chat.
Also have a doodle.
>>
>>43749369
>Tell her she's really good looking.. after Pandora, definitely that, no double meaning there.
>>
>>43749369
>>Ask for advice on what else might be good for Pandora
>>
>>43749425
D'aww, BMO shirt is adorable.
>>
>>43749369
>>Ask about what it's like to work in R&D
>>
>>43749618
We're tied. Next vote decides it!
>>
>>43749369
>>
>>43749369
>Talk about the upgrade request
>>
>>43749435
I really like this option. if only because it is exactly as awkward as softshoe sounds.
Support.
>>
>>43749647
You saucy minx.

Writing.
>>
"Well..." you do your best to think of something else to discuss "so I guess you saw about the request for Pandora's new upgrades. I really think she might be ready for more, but I'm not really sure what would be good for her. I know I shouldn't spoil her with new hardware and software all the time, but I feel like she's mature enough to understand the difference between mechanical upgrades and personal growth. At least, mostly, anyway."

"Mm..." Babsy rests her chin on her human hands "I'm not really sure about that. There could be problems with this in the future. Still, I can understand what you mean by this. And asking her about what she'd like isn't necessarily the best course of action. She has a lot to learn. For now, I think you should focus on finding out what she wants to work towards, what her dreams and aspirations are. Like it or not, you are essentially her father. You have to make sure you both encourage her and guide her in her life, which is a daunting task to be sure, but I have faith that you'll do just fine. Every parent has to figure out what's best for their child on their own." You're a bit taken aback by this. You never really thought about it like that, but she's right. For all intents and purposes, Pandora is basically your daughter in some form or another. You created her and are raising her, though the circumstances are a little abnormal. "Give it time, doctor. You don't need to rush into anything. And don't be afraid to tell her 'no' if need be. Children, even mechanical ones, need ground rules and discipline." All your degrees and this woman is still teaching you things you know nothing about.

"Now that I think about it, how did you know about that upgrade?" you ask as it dawns on you "You didn't have a PDA or anything on you when I sent the message."

"Don't need one." Babsy says, tapping her head with a mechanical hand "I'm basically my own PDA. All of us in R&D have WDT (Wireless Data Transfer) implants."

Cont.
>>
File: Like-this-football.png (118 KB, 896x706) Image search: [Google]
Like-this-football.png
118 KB, 896x706
>>43749467
Glad you like it op. I'm in a pretty comfy mood today.

Any requests anons?
>>
>>43750088
Genos from One Punch Man and Kiryu from Godzilla.
>>
Babsy picks up your PDA, idly turning it over and over. "We're essentially always connected. Imagine having a chat room inside your head. We send and receive messages, transfer data, schematics and so on. Thankfully we're able to 'log out' when need be, otherwise it would get...difficult."

"I take it R&D isn't always sunshine and rainbows?" you ask, knowingly.

"The Bobs are almost always fighting about something, Snowglobe is impossible to read in any way and never really gives much input beyond technical readouts and Mouse is...well, Mouse. If it's not the incessant joking and rudeness, it's embarrassing nicknames and obnoxious comments."

"I still don't know what BAPC stands for." you venture, hoping maybe she'll be a little more willing to discuss it.

"Ugh...this doesn't leave this room, understand?" Babsy looks you in the eye seriously.

"Scouts honor." You hold up two fingers in a mock salute.

"It's..." Babsy looks away, unable to make eye contact. "It stands for Brown-Arsed Pommy Cunt..." You can see a flush spread across her face.

You do your damnedest not to laugh at this. "That's...terrible." It doesn't work and a slight snort escapes your lips.

"You're being cheeky now, but you should hear the names she's come up with for you." Babsy gets a wry smile at this. You're not sure you want to know. "She's taken a liking to what she refers to as 'shipping' various people in the Facility, and seems to enjoy putting the two of us in some kind of imaginary relationship. Saying you've been 'trying to get a piece' and so forth. Very childish. I often wonder about her real age."
Oh.
>Well, maybe I am interested?
>Mouse is crazy!
>Other (write in)
>>
>>43750130
>We're in a closed environment with very little to do other than work. She's probably just finding entertainment where she can get it.
>>
File: ScreamsInternally.gif (2 MB, 255x164) Image search: [Google]
ScreamsInternally.gif
2 MB, 255x164
>>43750130
>Mouse is crazy!
Yeah, how childish hahahahaha
>>
>>43750130
>>We're in a closed environment with very little to do other than work. She's probably just finding entertainment where she can get it.
I'll back this
>>
>>43750130
>>
>>43750130
>>Well, maybe I am interested?
ooooh boy.
>>
>>43750088
>yfw Badman is Football
>>
>>43750130
Maybe move to deflect the question and ask how she feels about uh.. the collective me?
>>
>>43750130
Haha, i mean, what? Did you hear something in the vent was that a rogue android excaping the facility better go check ok bye Babsy.
>>
>>43750312
I-it's not like I LIKE writing or anything. Dummy...
>>
>>43750312
>He dances in private, when everyone is looking.
>He's the best at being the worst at tennis.
>He is... the most awkward man in the world.
>>
>>43750130
>>Well, maybe I am interested?
>>
You can't believe a grown man in a secret government lab has to summon up courage to do something this trivial, but here you are. "Well, maybe I am interested?" You fight the urge to make claims of rouge androids in the air ducts or something for an excuse to run, but the thought is there.

"Haha..." Babsy laughs for a second, then realizes you weren't kidding. "I...oh...I mean...oh..." She plays with her fingers for a moment, averting your gaze. "I don't know what to say. I'm flattered, I suppose."

"Ah..." you feel heat envelop your face, immediately rethinking your idea.

Babsy thinks for a moment, a mix of emotions flashing across her face like the color of Pandora's hair when excited. "...Alright. Then...ah...I...need to go...think about this..." Your eyes trail down to the floor as you can feel your very essence droop...until you feel a warm hand on one cheek and the softest lips in the wold plant a kiss on the other. You look up to meet Babsy's heart-melting eyes staring back at you. "And you think about what to do on our first date." She smiles before hurrying out of the room, giving you a final wave before closing the door.

What the hell just happened?

Cont.
>>
File: Kamina-ThumbsUp.jpg (12 KB, 170x240) Image search: [Google]
Kamina-ThumbsUp.jpg
12 KB, 170x240
>>43750552
Nice.
>>
File: Foreshortening.png (233 KB, 1239x1104) Image search: [Google]
Foreshortening.png
233 KB, 1239x1104
>>43750126
I wonder how i could translate the goodest-guy mecha godzilla to pandora's frame.

Otherwise anon i hope this pleases you.
>>
File: Dont-be-lewd-Pandora.gif (19 KB, 389x415) Image search: [Google]
Dont-be-lewd-Pandora.gif
19 KB, 389x415
>>43750552
>What the hell just happened?
That's what happens when you go for it.
Would Pandora be proud?
>>
>>43750712
This pleases me greatly. Thank you.
>>
File: Facility map.png (17 KB, 610x593) Image search: [Google]
Facility map.png
17 KB, 610x593
>>43750552
Did that just happen? You think it did. Did it? You're sure it did. It must have...you silently reprimand yourself for having the same inner argument with yourself you did last night. You have work to do, quit being defeated by something as simple as a kiss on the cheek, you tell yourself. Even if it was incredible...

A long shower and misplacing your tie later and you are standing outside Pandora's room, Kevin and his binder stuffed full of teaching material with you. After standard pleasantries, you both enter, the little android sitting at the table folding origami, a lop-sided swan and some kind of cat sit next to a pile of torn and crumpled folding paper. She looks up at you and hurries over with one of the origami in hand, hugging you tight, her hair flashing a light pink.

"Morning, doctor!" she says cheerfully, holding up the origami creature. "It's a pig!"

You return the hug and ruffle her hair. "Good job! It looks great!" A sideways glance at Kevin gets him to agree with you, praising the strange cat-pig. "You ready for your lessons with Kevin today?"

She gives him what she thinks is a sneaky scowl, but ends up being rather obvious. "'Kay."
>Start the lesson right away
>Talk (write in)
>Check her journal
>Other (write in)
>>
File: 1444458968112.png (154 KB, 790x805) Image search: [Google]
1444458968112.png
154 KB, 790x805
Sorry for the wait. Lost the post and had to re-write. Thanks, 4chan.
>>43750712
10/10 would fight crime with.
>>43750736
2lewd.
>>
>>43750781
>Check her journal
>Tell her we can do something else after the lesson if she wants, but she won't necessarily enjoy meeting AI2.
>start lesson
>>
>>43750781
>Start the lesson right away
>>
File: Quick-Stooges-Sketch.png (298 KB, 985x612) Image search: [Google]
Quick-Stooges-Sketch.png
298 KB, 985x612
>>43750781
>>Start the lesson right away
her language skills need work.
buffy speak an only get you so far.
But at least lets see if we can spin it a fun way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgmdnxtz3Bo
>>
File: The-only-winning-move.png (88 KB, 562x524) Image search: [Google]
The-only-winning-move.png
88 KB, 562x524
i can't remember if i posted this last thread.
>>
>>43750781
>Check her journal

There's no way that's not gonna contain something adorable.
>>
>>43750869
I was actually thinking of this version. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5OoEm2PG9U
>>43750896
You did!

Currently tied between checking her journal and beginning the lesson right away.
>>
>>43750906
well it could also be horrible.
or adorahorrible.
Checking it could at least give Kevin a chance to set up.
>>
>>43750944
I'll take that as a vote to check her journal. Writing.
>>
File: Pandoras room.png (23 KB, 610x593) Image search: [Google]
Pandoras room.png
23 KB, 610x593
You ask Pandora to wait there for a second while Kevin sets up and you check her journal. She nods and gets back to her folding, a rather cute look of determination on her face as she tries to get whatever it is she's making down just right.

You head into her "bedroom" and check her dream journal, flipping through until you reach today's entry and are confused at what you see. One simple sentence that shouldn't actually be possible.

No dreams last night.

She should have some form of dream, even if a minor one. That's what the software does. Maybe it's broken? You really wonder if there's not a bigger issue at the root of all these recent bugs you've been encountering. Though she is a complex AI, you feel rather blessed that this is all you've had to deal with. But that doesn't really comfort you that much...

Still, you have a lesson to focus on, you can't dwell on this. You make your way out to the main room and take a seat next to Pandora, who finishes some kind of frog, you think. She hands it to you.

"It's an owl!" Pandora says proudly, her hair shifting to a bright yellow.

"It sure is!" you respond, placing it into your breast pocket. "I can't wait to see what you make next!" She is rather excited by this statement. Kevin, however, taps his watch.

Please roll 1d100 to start the lesson. Best of 3.
>>
Rolled 54 (1d100)

>>43751102
>>
Rolled 26 (1d100)

>>43751102
I think her new "anti virus" software might've done something to her dreams. Cutting out the nightmares remove the dreams too. god its complicated.
>>
File: pouty-pandora.png (80 KB, 520x687) Image search: [Google]
pouty-pandora.png
80 KB, 520x687
Rolled 89 (1d100)

>>43751102
Come on pandora we need to do you some book lerning.
>>
>>43751158
Or maybe she's haunted like the animatronics in FNAF. You'll know if she tries to kill you.

Writing.
>>
Rolled 22 (1d100)

>>43751209
>You'll know if she tries to kill you.
>If, not never
>>
You decide to go over sentence structure and grammar today, working on writing out some sentences from a kids book of stories. She seems to enjoy the stories and actually has a good time. It seems like Kevin actually took your advice and actually made it fun for her, even if a bit simplistic. You're surprised, to be honest. You even see him quizzing Pandora on a few words she might like, like breeds of dog, cars in the racing game she plays and even some names of her favorite songs. He did his homework indeed. Pandora seems to be warming up to him, as well, which is always a good thing.

Unfortunately I'm going to have to end it here for tonight, as I have some important work to do, but thank you all so much for playing and if you liked it, please vote for it on the archive and follow me on Twitter! I'll try to answer any questions you might have, but sorry if I'm a little slow!
>>
File: Lets-Eat.png (88 KB, 309x558) Image search: [Google]
Lets-Eat.png
88 KB, 309x558
>>43751209
... oh dear.

>>43751287
So are we aiming for another game this weekend?
>>
>>43751356
Nah, I've decided to forego doing quests on Saturdays. Maybe another in the middle of the week, though. I'll keep you updated on Twitter.
>>
>>43751362
seems like the best idea. especially since we've had more people in the thread these last couple threads it seems.
>>
File: Quality-Vidya-and-references.png (262 KB, 1675x1161) Image search: [Google]
Quality-Vidya-and-references.png
262 KB, 1675x1161
Any more requests before i head off to bed?
I'll try and get them finished up for the next thread.
>>
>>43751459
Has the QM for Cyclopse Civ shown up again?
>>
>>43751474
I wouldn't know anon. But I've heard he's doing/done stuff with the setting while i wasn't looking.
I'm almost finished with the major arcana for the cyclopean tarot but that's a secret.
>>
>>43751459
there are only so many robot characters.

weren't you doing Aigis and Buttgu-I mean Astroboy?
>>
File: Labrysp4a.png (1 MB, 1858x1737) Image search: [Google]
Labrysp4a.png
1 MB, 1858x1737
>>43751562
Goodness yes. My bad for forgetting.
Astroboy a classic.
and Aigis a cute.
>>
>>43751602
I can't recall, but have you done Android 18? If not, please do.
>>
File: aigis-dora-doodle.png (239 KB, 1000x883) Image search: [Google]
aigis-dora-doodle.png
239 KB, 1000x883
>>43751624
I have not done 18 and damn thats a good choice. I wish there were more robots that dressed as well as she does.
though isn't she a cyborg?

In other news i might try and actually color this aigis-dora sketch for next time.

Otherwise thats it for me anons.
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.