[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>In the times of old, the worst criminals were converted to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: Bog-body_Clonycavan-Man.jpg (2 MB, 4000x3000) Image search: [Google]
Bog-body_Clonycavan-Man.jpg
2 MB, 4000x3000
>In the times of old, the worst criminals were converted to undeath through elaborate necromantic rituals

>Once transformed, these criminals were wrapped in heavy ropes and thrown into a large bog where they sank.

>There, below the surface, they persisted for centuries--the strain of isolation and confinement weighing heavily on their twisted minds pushing most far beyond the breaking point.
>>
Neat.
>>
>>43747941
Peat
>>
That's pretty horrible. You're basically taking this criminal who might or might not be insane and subjecting them to a fate hat makes them guarantees to be insane and incredibly dangerous if and when they eventually get released.
>>
>>43748016
>guarantees to be insane and incredibly dangerous if and when they eventually get released

Speaking of which, a beautiful silver amulet bearing an ancient royal crest was found near the bog . The Queen wants you to excavate the bog to see what treasures it might conceal.
>>
>>43748016
What are they going to do once released? They'd have long since decayed into immobility.
>>
>>43748725

Evil whispers can bring down kingdoms.
>>
File: 7000 skelintson.png (835 KB, 1347x710) Image search: [Google]
7000 skelintson.png
835 KB, 1347x710
>>43747858
>converting criminals into ravening abominations
>not converting them into menial labor to force them to repay their crimes in weregild for literally eternity

plebcromancer alert
>>
>>43748725
Skinned to make bindings for 99 sentient books. It is rumored the wizard who collects all 99 will unlock the secrets of necromancy, wonders so profound that unlife will be but mere childsplay.
>>
>>43747858
>committing people to eternal torment who may be innocent.

Fuck you unlifers. Sane, merciful people are for the death penalty. At least it only kills innocent people.
>>
>>43747858
That's a waste of undeath. Kill them, raise them and put them to work. You always need more hands in the mines or on the fields. Or hell institute an all undead penal regiment in the army. Make them protect the people they've hurt.
>>
>>43747858
Did you say something?
>>
>>43748847
>At least it only kills innocent people.
That's not a sentence you see very often.
>>
>>43748725
Not in a bog they wont, bodies dropped into bogs are often in better condition than mummies.
>>
>>43747967
Underrated post.
>>
>>43747858
Oh yeah, because this can't possibly come back to haunt us.
>>
>>43747858
>nowadays, we are much more humane; sensory stapling ensures the populace isn't rowdy or criminal-minded, unless we want them to be. It's done at birth, and they only cry for a little while until it settles in fully. The grownups who move to our fair city tend to take it much better.
>>
>>43748725
Bogs are freaky good at preserving corpses
I recall hearing that the chinese recently dredged up a corpse from one that was over 1000 years old that was in good enough condition to preform an autopsy
>>
>>43748016
Deal with it, you commie bastard
>>
>>43751284
Pretty sure I read a fantasy book where they did exactly that.

Spoilers, it ended with a zombie apocalypse
>>
>>43751991
Yeah, they've found several 1000+ year old corpses in bogs that are almost perfectly preserved. They're pretty interesting environments
>>
>>43751338
Why did turning him into a mummy give him super powers?

Did the ancient egyptians know it would give him super powers? If they did, why turn him into a mummy, instead of just killing him?
>>
>>43752581
Because they figured that "if you unseal this dude the world will end" would be a big enough deterrant to keep people from bringing him back. The goal was for him to suffer eternally, and they needed to make him immortal to do that.

He had magic from the beginning though, being mummified just enhanced his power.
>>
>>43752615
Man, what a dick the pharao must have been.

>guy keks you
>punish him eternally instead of just killing him
>also make it so if he does escape, which is PRETTY LIKELY OVER FOREVER YEARS, he'll have world ending power.
>>
>>43752641
The Pharaoh was dead, the whole reason he wound up in the situation in the first place is cause he murdered the Pharaoh after the Pharaoh caught him boning his wife.

Imhotep was also the High Priest, and the Egyptians saw the Pharaoh as a living God. He was a Cleric who murdered his own God and got hit with the worst punishment the remaining loyal Clerics could imagine.
>>
>>43748016
I see what you did there.
>>
>>43751418
That just tells you our legal systems damned good and accurate as hell.
>>
>>43747858
That's dumb. Irl people were put into bogs to avoid them coming back from the dead
>>
>>43747858
Criminals? I dunno. Granting immortality to someone is risky bidness. I'd say it'd be a great way to have tribal/barbarians make a source of magic power. Take one prepared child sacrifice, stab it with a ritual dagger, bind with ensorcelled ropes, drop in a pit in the bog. Do this all over your windswept boggy hills at various points of power, and have the wisps of the children's souls direct power to your standing stones. Boosts your leyline's power, plus gives you a creepy whispernet for your creepy priesthood to use.

Bonus: uh oh! Somebody stole a powerful artifact from the druids! What will the party do when it's a dessicated child corpse telepathically begging for true death?
>>
>>43755003
Why would you make your whisps prone to tantrums and childish ways? Grandpa's and grandma's of wisdom and power would be the best bet. Want to make it to your tribes version of valhalla? Best bring your A game in all things tribe related or your rival gets to be sacrificed to the pit and not you.
>>
>>43751991
>>43752549
1000 years? Is that all? I'll see that and raise you 4000 years.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%96tzi
>>
>>43751338
I don't care what anybody says.

The Mummy was good.
>>
>>43756624
Is there anyone who doesn't think The Mummy was good?

It's basically the peak of the pulp adventure genre, maybe even better than Indiana Jones was.
>>
>>43756658
>maybe even better than Indiana Jones was
>maybe

It was the peak of the pulp adventure genre. And it will never get better.
>>
>>43756624
Was my #1 favorite movie growing up. 3rd on was garbage.
>>
>>43752729
And that was to have Scarabs continuously feed on his flesh for years... and to leave the sarcophagus in a relatively easy to access area rather than burying it in rocks or leaving it submerged in a vat of oil.
>>
File: Kan-Ra-Killer-Instinct-2.jpg (66 KB, 550x327) Image search: [Google]
Kan-Ra-Killer-Instinct-2.jpg
66 KB, 550x327
>>43751338
You will make a perfect specimen...
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.