[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If I wanted to run a game centered around melee/fist fighting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
If I wanted to run a game centered around melee/fist fighting between giant robots and potentially some monsters, what system would be best?
>>
What about that premise do you want to focus on? What style of game are you imagining? A gritty, brutal world where death comes quickly? A high powered, over the top super robot sort of thing? Something in between? There's a lot of ways to do giant robots punching giant monsters.
>>
>>43747987
>Giant robots punching giant robots punching giant monsters punching giant monsters punching robots.

I was thinking a literal martial arts setting, except instead of being individual people, they're pilots of giant robots/giant monsters. So a little bit of both. Over the top in that it's 300 foot tall metal men punching and kicking each other, but realistic in that there aren't megazord/transformers style crazy giant swords and lasers. Think Pacific Rim meets the Raid.
>>
>>43748039

I've ran a game like that in Legends of the Wulin, but people on /tg/ have started to get annoyed at me for recommending it. I just love the system, and think it has the best mechanics for high action combat in any RPG, ever. The one shitty thing about it is the core book is awfully edited which makes actually learning to use it a real bitch, but once you get past that it's sublime.
>>
>>43747330
Mekton Z.
>>
>>43748039
>Think Pacific Rim meets the Raid.
Sounds more like the bastard child of G Gundam and Pacific Rim.
And I love it.
>>
>>43747330
I'd recommend finding a martial-arts or kung-fu system and re-fluffing it as giant robots, rather than trying to find a mecha game and removing all the lasers, missiles, and guns.
>>
Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots
>>
>>43748129
I was going to say the same thing, could refluff chi as robot power or something of the like.
>>
>>43748421
This
>>
Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition.

Martials Only.

Race is Mech. Class is Customization.

Watch Daiguard.

Watch Evangelion, the first episode where Misato takes over NERV.

Have the fights take place in Metropolitan areas. They must reduce the damage done to buildings and homes. Make reverse mobs, the throngs of people they must protect that monsters can easily squish.

Make a fight take place in a Chemical plant. Explosions can cascade and cause explosions elsewhere.

Send them to a planet of giant people and have a fight in a giant bar.
>>
>>43750622
I'd actually second this. 4e's focus on tactical combat and ease of re-fluffing makes it work surprisingly well for Mech combat.

Could probably add Monk alongside the other Martials for more punching available.
>>
Chris Perrin's Mecha.
>>
File: Earf.jpg (48 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Earf.jpg
48 KB, 640x480
>>43747330
>>
Would be nice if we could get a shadow function like in Real Steel but I doubt the physics would allow it.
>>
>>43748039
>build a 1000 ft robot.
>have it fight bare knuckle
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.