[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pathfinder General - /pfg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40
File: 1348604305115.jpg (219 KB, 1200x958) Image search: [Google]
1348604305115.jpg
219 KB, 1200x958
Pathfinder General /pfg/

If you are asking for build advice, please mention which third-party books are allowed. If you do not say anything, we will assume DSP/SoP is allowed.

Unified /pfg/ link repository:
http://pastebin.com/HwxEjiKW (embed)

"Really? Kender?" Edition.

Previous thread >>43735042
>>
Just a casual reminder that if you wouldn't cuddle a qlippoth you need to reconsider your life choices
>>
Ifrit dick optimization edition. Can you use your radiantly glowing erection as your cavalier's banner?
>>
File: Kender.jpg (550 KB, 1986x1108) Image search: [Google]
Kender.jpg
550 KB, 1986x1108
>>43746970
Kender you say?
>>
>>43746934
>>43746936
They're an erogenous zone for many men, and in hentai fantasy nonexistent world (where vaginas are like two feet deep minimum, nobody has internal organs unless it's guro) they do all the work of producing ejaculate (unless there's prostate play involved somewhere, in which case it exists for as long as it's convenient).
>>
>>43747017
Oh jesus christ you've reminded me of cock vore and cum digestion. Fuck those fetishes.
>>
>>43747017
>They're an erogenous zone for many men

They're also fun to play with and tend to feel "good" in the hands.

Plus, and maybe more importantly, they're a potent sign of male virility (in the same way big boobs are for men.)
>>
File: amused2.jpg (40 KB, 422x530) Image search: [Google]
amused2.jpg
40 KB, 422x530
>>43747013

Every time.

On an unrelated note, can you use the Catch Off-Guard feat to use a weapon inappropriately for its type? For example, could you whack someone with a crossbow without taking the improvised weapon penalty to-hit?
>>
>>43747153
Probably, although in the case of that I'd imagine most DMs wouldn't allow it since there's actually specific feats to do it.
>>
Question to fellow GMs, do you make adventures specifically based around PC backstories? If so, do you rather they give you more, or less information about their past?

I'm asking because I'm doing it right now for a PC who just gave me the vaguest backstory, and I'm fleshing it out, but I'm slightly worried he won't like it. I was going to delve into a different character's past, but he gave me an impenetrable novel of backstory.
>>
>>43747194
I'd imagine most GMs aren't actually shitheels, but I have a sucky imagination
>>
>>43747194

What are the feats? I know of Stabbing Shot, but that's it. I'm trying to make a ranged character who can go into melee.

>>43747240
Depends on your players. I try to ask for specific mentors, friends, enemies, or anything else I can use for a plot hook when my players make new characters. Most of them don't care, though, so I don't put a lot of emphasis on it.

If a player really seems into it, you might take them aside and see if there's part of their story you can work into what you have planned.
>>
>>43747240

Wait, are you saying there are DMs out there who DON'T make quests specific to a player's backstory?

Just take what they give you and play by feel. They love it, trust me.
>>
>>43747274
Empty Quiver Style.
>>
>>43747274
Empty Quiver Style from the new book lets you use a ranged weapon as a mace. Going further into the feat chain you can even use feats that modify your ranged attack rolls when using it as a melee weapon.
>>
File: TwistedFate.jpg (233 KB, 1215x717) Image search: [Google]
TwistedFate.jpg
233 KB, 1215x717
>looking into magus archetypes
>see card caster
>instantly realize it's pic related: the archetype
Fucking amazing how this instantly tears me apart inside, I can no longer decide if I like Bladebound or Card Caster better.
What do you guys think?
>>
>>43747307
There are DM's out there that only ever run published modules, and as soon as you ask a question about anything, they have to flip through 3 different book to give you an answer. I've played with these types, it makes me want to pull my hair out.
>>
>>43747348
If your DM allows the changes to Arcane Pool from both simultaneously, you could just be both at the same time.
>>
Alright /pfg/, where did demons come from? Give me some lore on demons.
>>
File: enthused2.jpg (178 KB, 904x528) Image search: [Google]
enthused2.jpg
178 KB, 904x528
>>43747317
>>43747326

Oh wow, this is perfect. Thank you based /pfg/.

>Empty Quiver Flurry

Holy fucking shit, this feat is amazing. No attacks of opportunity and reloading as a free action after a melee hit? Yes please.
>>
>>43747455

Nocticula is the biggest slut in the multiverse, having fucked everything from her brother to most demon lords... Who she killed, Nocticula also has a record for most confirmed deicides.
>>
>>43747455
Some daemon dicked around with the abyss after noticing that it seemed to store souls, and accidentally demons. Then the abyss learned how to do it by itself.
>>
>>43747455
They came from daemons experimenting on qlippoth. This is canon, and explained in the Book of the Damned series. Some daemon lord took a qlippoth, fused it with human sin, and made demons. The demons turned out to reproduce faster than qlippoth and took over the Abyss.
>>
>>43747455
Once upon a time, the Daemons took Qlippoth, cut off bits from them. They took these bits and stuck mortal souls into them, creating the first demons.
Eventually the Abyss learned to make demons itself, and this losses the qlippoth off to no end.
>>
File: demons.png (2 MB, 921x1196) Image search: [Google]
demons.png
2 MB, 921x1196
>>43747455
Here you go
>>
>>43747479
Combine that with level 10 Grammaton: Melee hit with Disrupt Pattern base damage (that's 3d6 if you're wearing the bracers), free reload, free shot, no AoOs anywhere.

Go on. Double that full attack.
>>
>>43747479
If you want to get silly, make a one-handed exotic ranged weapon that also acts as a melee two-handed weapon.
>>
>>43747455
Daemons started injecting Souls into the abyss like some manner of horrific gardening experiment. Then souls infected Abyss and started getting naturally routed there, creating demon.

This is why Qlippoth are salty and hate both mortals and daemons
>>
>>43747533

Is this an actual thing?

>>43747537
That's basically a gunblade, right?

I'd settle for just using a musket with the Musket Master archetype. Reloading that sucker as a free action instead of a move action is even better.
>>
>>43747612
so long as you aren't barred to paizo-only, it very much is. however, the Cryptic is rather unimpressive for the most part, so the results aren't as broken as if you could fire off crossbow shots with every 2h power-attack off a barbarian or the like.

Not that the Cryptic is BAD, but it's kinda bland for the most part. Still a solid class, just, lacks the bits that really catch one's eye when choosing classes.
>>
>>43747386
The problem is the spellstrike will only apply to one part, which means I'll be relying on the black blade's innate powers rather than spellstriking with it. While this can still work, I'll have to choose to either
>stay back and throw cards
>get in close and swap between cards and sword
>get in close and just use the sword
Also I'll have to get a new Harrow Deck every 56 shots, since they're destroyed on throw.
>>
>>43747676
A brilliant energy weapon has its significant portion transformed into light, although this does not modify the item's weight. It always gives off light as a torch (20-foot radius). A brilliant energy weapon ignores nonliving matter. Armor and shield bonuses to AC (including any enhancement bonuses to that armor) do not count against it because the weapon passes through armor. (Dexterity, deflection, dodge, natural armor, and other such bonuses still apply.) A brilliant energy weapon cannot harm undead, constructs, or objects.

>A Brilliant Energy weapon cannot harm Undead, Constructs, or Objects.

No, it's about as good as I think it is. Which is to say, not very. I never said it was good. It was a fucking joke in the first place, it was never meant to be some super-weapon.
>>
>>43747725
Couldn't you get your black blade as a harrow deck that magically refills?
>>
>>43747750
Sadly no:
>A black blade is always a one-handed slashing weapon, a rapier, or a sword cane. The magus chooses the blade’s type upon gaining the blade, and once chosen, it can’t be changed.
>>
Can you cackle twice per round? Once as a move once as a Standard?
>>
Anyone have a download for some of newer Paizo AP's like Giantslayer?
>>
>>43747811
https://mega.nz/#F!Xdglia6b!MbyyqQK6u0tWWSAimsIjiw!qNY1gAbY
>>
>>43747750

Good thought, though technically a black blade has to be a a one-handed slashing weapon. The Deadly Dealer feat empowers a deck of cards as a dart, which does piercing damage.

But! There is a feat that may be of interest:

>Weapon Versatility (Combat)
>When wielding a weapon with which you have Weapon Focus, you can shift your grip as a swift action so that your weapon deals bludgeoning, piercing, or slashing damage instead of the damage type normally dealt by that weapon...If your base attack bonus is +5 or higher, using this feat is a free action instead.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/weapon-versatility-combat

Needless to say, this does weird things to the way black blades are supposed to work. It's unclear what happens if a black blade's weapon type changes, as they can't be enchanted using, say, the Versatile weapon enchantment.

tl;dr ask your DM. Personally, I don't see any issue with it.
>>
>>43747725
I could have swore there was a Harrow archetype that specifically didn't destroy the cards. I think it made the deck your bonded object.
>>
>>43747904
the main problem is that the cards are consumed, and intelligent items CAN NEVER be consumables.
>>
So has your party ever had trouble sleeping? I seem to be the only person in my group concerned with my characters' sleep quality.

Probably because I rarely sleep well myself. That's what I get for sleeping on a bed that's twice as old as I am.
>>
>>43747951
This is a Magus archetype, not a Harrower.
>>
>>43747972

The only time I really concern myself with how my character sleeps is when we're in downtime, and then the quality is usually determined by who he's sleeping with.

Not even necessarily sex, he just enjoys having someone to hold and spoon against in bed.
>>
>>43746970
I'm looking for a free .pdf copy of the Weapon Master's Handbook, does anyone have?
>>
>>43747952

Black blades are explicitly said to use a nonstandard ego progression and have unusual abilities (even though by RAW they don't actually have a different ego progression). While the "no consumable intelligent items" rule usually makes sense (you shouldn't be able to destroy an intelligent potion by drinking it), it also makes sense that a deck could regenerate itself each day when it regains its arcane pool points.

Since you're asking the DM for an exception to do this at all, you may as well ask for it in a way that makes the change make sense.
>>
My GM is offering the ability to take CR +1 or +2 (not sure how he feels about the scaling +0 ones) templates in exchange for class levels, including possibly some third party ones. The game will start at level 3, or lower if you are templated. My first thought is to take Graveknight or Worm that Walks, but i figured I'd ask what the weirdest/coolest template you guys can think of is? The goal isn't pure power, because then I'll just get nerfed, It's the coolest stuff or stuff that you can't normally access as a player.

Drow Nobles, Duergar Tyrants and similar races are available at equivalent to a +1 template i think.
>>
>>43748540
Do you at least get a hitdie to go with that? Otherwise this is a very dangerous gambit, or rather mostly a trap option in a majority of available template options.
>>
I want to build a Gnome Expert 1 that hurls shoes at his enemies to kill them, how do I do this as powerfully as possible?

I am not beneath stuffing the shoes with explosives etc, but it has to be a Gnome, and Expert, and shoes thrown, no exceptions.
>>
>>43748540
Mutant can be bretty cool.
>>
>>43748540
Ogrekin's a good one, if a bit random. Good for a big dumb brute type of character, and has a lot of flavor if you know what you're doing.
>>
>>43748540
Mutant is a great option if you pay out for an extra disability and start with 2 benefits. Fortune-Blessed is a good one from the Advanced Bestiary (3rd-party, Green Ronin Games), even moreso if you take Fate's Favored as a trait.
>>
>>43748540
Consuming Creature (might have it wrong) is a fantastic template that lets you eat monsters to steal their abilities, dunno if it's 1p.
>>
>>43747952
Might be worth seeing if the DM'd be okay with a Sharding deck.
>>
>>43748710
Sounds like the old illithid savant class from 3.5. I got to play one exactly once, but after a few levels, bookkeeping became insane and I could perform nearly any role in the party better than the people who specced for them
>>
My favorite 3.5 Prestige was that sand one that turned you into a dust lich. Not because of the lich part, but because of its aura that changed the terrain and temperature type.

Why isn't there more of that in Pathfinder? Even Winter Witch has no coldly aura.
>>
>>43749002
Spheres of Power has the Weather sphere which is all about doing that.
>>
>>43749024
I think the point of it was a passive effect.
>>
>>43749035
Well, it's centered on yourself I think, and you can make it go for an hour/level with one talent, so it's kinda passive anyway. Incanter 1/Spheres Wizard 1 can get 5d6 Fire boiling rain for 4 hours or so at a time 3 or 4 times a day.
>>
>>43748665
>and has a lot of flavor if you know what you're doing.

You mean like the fact you're the offspring of heavily inbred rapists and probably have the desperate need to wash your frazzled DNA with fresh genes?
>>
>>43748802

>doing something won't be enough, do nothing as well.

Your post has nothing to do with Pathfinder. Stop spamming.
>>
>>43749058
It's only centered on yourself (And moves with you) if you're maintaining it by concentration.

And we don't need the brokenness of Weather reiterated, although I'm not entirely sure you can get boiling rain at level 2.
>>
>>43749180
You can, I enumerated the talent and class selections in a thread a few days ago, I'm sure if you ctrl f Boiling Lord for a couple threads back you'll find it.
>>
>>43749209
Gawd I hate the weather sphere.
>>
When in doubt, is it always a good idea to grab a feat that boosts a saving throw by +2?
>>
>>43749252
depends on the save
>>
>>43749252
Improved Initiative, the lower save that you have between Iron Will and Great Fortitude, then the other one, finally Lightning Reflexes. In that order.
>>
Hey guys, so I'm looking for the details on Defensive Web on the pfsrd, and it's missing entirely.

In fact, I can't find the feat anywhere, what happened to it?
>>
File: 1447943910345.png (273 KB, 536x458) Image search: [Google]
1447943910345.png
273 KB, 536x458
>>43749355
Not sure how to tell you this anon. We, ah. We kinda dragged it out behind a woodshed and shot it. We buried it next to my extremely aborted attempt to introduce extra swift actions, which I have no excuse for other than batshit insanity.

Ultimately we couldn't find a wording that worked for it without making it useless, overpowered, nonsensical or Somehow, All Of the Above At Once.
>>
>>43749385
What did it even do?
>>
>>43749422
Neither god nor man nor law of nature could move your foes. You became the god who created a rock so heavy he couldn't lift it. Theologists and people who had unstoppable forces flocked to you.
>>
File: 1443935623832.png (684 KB, 767x1280) Image search: [Google]
1443935623832.png
684 KB, 767x1280
>>43749422
Essentially made it so creatures within the Warder's Defensive Focus couldn't leave it while the Focus was up.

This rapidly ran into problems of, "So what happens when someone moves the Warder?" and just spiralled into death from there.
>>
>>43749385

Reaction Training

Benefit:
If you use a Swift action to activate a Boost, you can still use an Immediate action afterward, but only to activate a Counter.
If you use an Immediate action to activate a Boost during a round in which you did not use a Swift action, you may use a Swift action on your next turn, but only to activate a Boost.

Normal:
If you use a Swift action, you may not take an Immediate action until your next turn. If you use an Immediate action, you cannot use a Swift action until the next round.
>>
>>43747240
I don't get it,he gave you a vague yet impenetrable novel of a backstory?
>>
>>43749561
It sounds like the vague guy and the novelist are two separate people.
>>
File: 1448071299762.jpg (382 KB, 1758x2346) Image search: [Google]
1448071299762.jpg
382 KB, 1758x2346
How would you play this as a PC in Pathfinder?
>>
>>43749627

Azata-blooded Aasimar, the mother was a Lillend.
>>
>>43749491
That's not how swifts work. If you use a swift, you can take immediates just fine, after your turn ends. Immediates eat your NEXT swift action,
>>
>>43749627
That's pretty much a Marilith, I'd Planar Bind one and make it allow me to Marionette Possession it every day for a while.

>>43749645
Ha.
>>
>>43749627
I would homebrew a racial paragon class or play a synthesist summoner or play a marilith in a game where everyone is a high CR creature.
>>
>>43749645

Wouldn't a hot snake-woman be more Agathion-blooded Aasimar?

Either way, divine monster-girls really get me going.
>>
File: 1447879521614.png (665 KB, 1500x1125) Image search: [Google]
1447879521614.png
665 KB, 1500x1125
>>43749694
Amen brother.
>>
>>43749645
Lillends aren't Humanoid though.
>>
>>43749747

Doesn't stop people from fucking them.

Where do you think Azata-blooded come from?
>>
File: Frog.png (2 MB, 921x1158) Image search: [Google]
Frog.png
2 MB, 921x1158
Is there a way to get Swallow Whole onto Beast Shape or Wild Shape or whatever? I want to turn into this.
>>
How long does it take new stuff to appear in the SRD? My table uses that almost exclusively, and I really want to take the Dirty Fighter feat.
>>
>>43749782
Anywhere between a couple of days and an eternity, sadly.
>>
>>43749694
I don't think there are any snake-based agathions.
Two new agathions in B5 by the way.
>>
When a Zen Archer uses his Flurry of blows with his bow.

Does he stack -2 for shooting multiple times?
>>
File: agathions.png (4 MB, 1841x1159) Image search: [Google]
agathions.png
4 MB, 1841x1159
>>43749800
fug forgot pic
>>
>>43749797
every day i wait for the pdf of weapon master's to be up

every day its not ;.;

>>43749808
... No it works like a flurry of blows. Exactly like a flurry of blows.
>>
>>43749823
The PDF should be up on Wednesday-ish. Most of the pages are already out and about anyway.
>>
>>43749849
i have some pages yeah

missing the racial feats it apparently has tho
>>
>>43749823

Oh thank god I thought I've been fucking up for he past 5 levels
>>
File: Ghaele.jpg (63 KB, 489x853) Image search: [Google]
Ghaele.jpg
63 KB, 489x853
>>43749765
>Where do you think Azata-blooded come from?

Anon, where should I start?

You've got girls made out of liquid fire, ones you can literally ride the lightning with, pure light that can assume the form of a perfect Humanoid femalem, shit, you've even got an Azata that looks and acts like Desna.
>>
>>43748540
Be a Blink Dog.
>>
>>43749865
Do you see the numbers that flurry of blows uses, you use those numbers. Its pretty easy. It is yes, essentially -2 for all attacks, but it doesn't stack up.
>>
File: Racial Weapon Masters.jpg (1 MB, 4526x3200) Image search: [Google]
Racial Weapon Masters.jpg
1 MB, 4526x3200
>>43749859
You mean these?
>>
>>43749895
yup
>>
Is there a trait I can take to give me a free weapon proficiency?

I want to use an elven curved blade for my Soulknife, but I don't want to roll a half-elf or elf, nor do I want to waste a feat or bladeskill for it.
>>
>>43749919
Heirloom weapon, and make sure you don't lose it.
>>
>>43749895
>Elven Battle Focus

Neat. Wasn't there a feat that lets you use INT for ranged attacks? I can imagine an Eldritch Archer would become a 1 stat wonder if thats the case.
>>
>>43749895

>Elven Battle Focus

Wait a minute. Would adding INT to damage also stack with the 2xINT bonus damage granted by Kirin Strike? If so, a MoMS elf could do hilarious things with a high INT score.

Adding Canny Defense from kensai or duelist would allow them to use INT and DEX for basically everything. Taking the Clever Wordplay or Bruising Intellect traits would even let them work as the party face.
>>
>>43749957
MoMS was errataed, the bonus feats no longer ignore prerequisites unless it's specifically a feat with Style in the name.
>>
>>43749919
... how are you using it on your soulknife? just not using your mind blade?
>>
>>43749972
Still good for the 1 level dip then, not the two level
>>
>>43749972

Not a problem. You're taking MoMS for Fuse Styles, not to skip feat prereqs.

>>43749919
You can also play a tengu, as they get EWP for free as a racial trait.
>>
I just dropped by to tell you guys the following: I was sperging out over how the spells per day for 2/3 spellcasters were calculated (since I'm playing an inquisitor and wanted to get all his stats in a nice spreadsheet using equations). Paizo really screwed around with the progression; it simply breaks down for levels 19 and 20, making it impossible to find a nice and simple formula. But I got this:

>=IF(ROUND((I16+4-Q30*3)/20)<0;0;(ROUND((I16+4-Q30*3)/20)))+ROUND((I16+8-Q30*3)/20)+ROUND((I16+10-Q30*3)/20)+ROUND((I16+11-Q30*3)/20)+ROUND((I16+12-Q30*3)/20)

I16 is the field with the level that grants the 2/3 casting, and Q30-Q35 are spell levels 1-4 (just the numbers). For 5 and 6, add the following term:

>+ROUND((I16-9)/20)

Based on the pattern I worked out, that's the term for a hypothetical 7th level that sort of gets absorbed into levels 5 and 6 at the time it would show up. The weird IF-term prevents a negative number from showing up in the spells per day.

Don't tell me if there's actually a simpler solution. Have a nice day.
>>
>>43749945
You mean Focused Shot?
>>
>>43749945
Focused Shot
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/focused-shot-combat

>You may make an attack with a bow or crossbow and add your Intelligence modifier on the damage roll.

I think Elven Battle Focus and Kirin Strike and Focused Shot can stack together, though I'm not sure.

Elven Battle Focus: use int for damage rolls
Focused Shot: add int score to damage rolls
Kirin Strike: add twice your int modifier to damage rolls
>>
Did we ever get Eldritch Tide Discipline, or any of the other Disciplines from that guy who was gonna write like eight of them solo anticipating no difficulties?

>>43750016
Jesus christ.
>>
>>43750060
Would those stack? Or does that one FAQ about adding the same ability score multiple times stop it from working?
>>
>>43750023
>>43750060
>>43750108

I never could parse that FAQ, as it's ambiguous what constitutes a "source." It's not clear if adding STAT-to-damage counts as coming from the same source if this is granted by two different feats.

Either way, Focused Shot uses a standard action. Stacking the INT bonus another time probably isn't worth giving up a full attack.
>>
>>43750141
>Focused Shot uses a standard action. Stacking the INT bonus another time probably isn't worth giving up a full attack.

It is if you're an Eldritch Archer. Since you're better off spellstriking anyways.
>>
>>43749769
A synthesist summoner can pick swallow whole at 9th. Make sure to also take the Final Embrace feat so you can grapple people by tongue.
>>
>>43748089
Am I your character?
all I want in life now is to find a girl who I can cuddle with, every lonely night hurts my damn soul in the worst way.
>>
>>43750141
Source doesn't make a difference. If you have two different feats that don't grant a typed bonus equal to a stat, they don't stack.
>>
>>43750108
I don't think they'd stack by Paizo's ruling, but it doesn't seem like it'd hurt things too badly. Kirin Strike needs a Swift to activate. Focused Shot is a standard action. And Elven Battle Focus is... intended to be melee only?

I think?

>>43750141
By their ruling, it's the same source if it's either 'add your modifier' or 'a bonus equal to your modifier'

If it specifies another different type of bonus (Like an insight bonus) then it can stack, except with other of that bonus.

They're basically just trying to make up for their own poor-ass wording, since Paladins text doesn't say 'add your charisma' it says 'add a bonus equal to your charisma'
>>
If i take the animal ally feat is there any way i can further improve my companion
>>
>>43750186
>And Elven Battle Focus is... intended to be melee only?
Nothing actually specifies that its melee only.

If anything, Elven Battle Focus is the Magus and Eldritch Archer's new favorite feat.
>>
>>43750211
Boon Companion feat, I think. Does it still exist? Grants you +4 effective druid level (up to your hit dice).
>>
>>43750160
Now I suddenly want to make a custom construct race with the swallow whole ability.

How much would swallow whole be worth for race builder points, anyway?
>>
>>43750239
Hmm Its obviously intended to only work with Mele, but like with all styles, it mostly just means you're not getting the benefit from the first feat.
>>
>>43750256
I don't think it works with animal ally because animal ally specifies class feature
>>
>>43750239
>>43750265
Yeah, that looks to be it.

Intent is melee only I think, but RAW is anything.
>>
>>43750256
>>43750280
fuck i mean BOON COMPANION specifies class feature
>>
>>43750280
alright, I guess that makes it a case of "these books were only ever meant to interact with the mainline books, GM can any instances of 'class feature' in prerequisites go away?"
>>
>>43750239

Does a Magus's INT really tend to outstrip their DEX by that much? I gathered that it tended to be the secondary stat.
>>
>>43750060
For one thing, Elven Battle Focus specifically works for melee and Focused shot works for Bows/Crossbows. I suppose with Empty Quiver you might work it out, but then you'd need two Styles up. And probably around a dozen feats.
>>
>>43750366
Depends on how you build it, but yeah, INT does eventually become huge because of spell DCs and bonus daily spells.
>>
>>43750366
I tend to prioritize INT over DEX.
>>
>>43750356
Animal Ally says "as if you were a druid". That particular bit of terminology generally means that it counts for prerequisites, too.

Basically, it gives you an animal companion that thinks it's a druid class ability, even though you're not a druid.
>>
>>43750366
i like to go strength
>>
>>43748820
>sharding on a harrow deck

Holy shit that would be sweet. Keen/fiery burst it for explosive shard cards? Card shards?
>>
File: firewhip marilith.jpg (130 KB, 515x852) Image search: [Google]
firewhip marilith.jpg
130 KB, 515x852
>>43749627
I literally homebrewed a race, just to play a Marilith.

protip: paizo racebuilder sucks ass

>>43749661
>pretty much a Marilith
It definitely is actually a Marilith.
>>
File: 1410854174338.gif (3 MB, 355x201) Image search: [Google]
1410854174338.gif
3 MB, 355x201
>>43750263
>using race build points as any sort of measure of power, ever

Anon, please.
>>
>>43750538

Do they have snake cloaca?
>>
>>43749895
Hold up a sec.

>elven battle style
>combat maneuvers attempted as attacks of opportunity don't themselves provoke attacks of opportunity

Was... was that not already a thing? I thought AoO chaining was already not a thing.
>>
File: marilith qt 5.jpg (157 KB, 724x1103) Image search: [Google]
marilith qt 5.jpg
157 KB, 724x1103
>>43750574
I didn't get that into it, to be honest. I just wanted +CHA many-armed snake ladies.
>>
>>43750589
If it's a maneuver that you can perform as an attack like a Trip then you make it as an AoO.
>>
>>43750589
What ever gave you that impression?
>>
>>43750603

Well you might want to get on that before getting in it.
>>
>>43749209
How are you getting 4talents as Incanter 1, unless your burning all of your beginning feats and picking human.

Also you have some rules problems. You cannot double-dip Specialization, since it requires you to gain the Sphere as a bonus Sphere, which doesn't work since one you get your Wizard level you're going to already have the Weather Sphere from the Incanter. Also, I've noticed that you don't have Focused Weather, so even with Specialization, your creating an effect centered on yourself and dealing at least 4d6 damage to your scrawny lvl2 squish wizard hide. That's about as much as a couple of trumpet sessions

Plus you can only change one level of severity for one weather catagory per round. So until you've bit the 3rd level of your build, you're just spending each turn not affecting combat and being relatively useless, and even then once you're at 3rd you have to burn through your spell points, and that pool is kinda limited so your getting little payoff for something that will probably kill you, and your wasting your resources on overkill since combat wasn't going to be that fast anyway due to your Warder and alchemist mopping the floor with the mooks. Meaning, if you want to use this tactic, you have to either have a lot of defensive contingencies, be suicidal, or be saving it up for spending those two rounds to wipe a mook Swarm and basically make yourself useless when the next few fights happen.

I will agree that the Sphere Wizard and Arcanist have somewhat too much power, but its nowhere near Tier 1 Wizard level shenanigans.
>>
>>43750160
Its really a shame Summoner is like the only class with good natural attacks.
>>
>>43750616
>>43750635

The way I'm reading the style feat, it's saying that using your attack of opportunity to perform a maneuver, without that feat, provokes attacks of opportunity.

Which is retarded as shit. An AoO is a reaction to someone else having an opening, and chaining an AoO off of that just because someone who didn't pay the feat tax for Improved Trip wants to trip the guy charging them is retarded as shit.

And let's take trip as an example. It only provokes an AoO from the person you are tripping. But if it's on their turn, they can't fucking AoO, because they're the ones provoking an AoO in the first place.

How the hell could it possibly make sense for an attack of opportunity to provoke other attacks of opportunity?
>>
File: ZhCNrB4.png (270 KB, 720x401) Image search: [Google]
ZhCNrB4.png
270 KB, 720x401
Is there any mechanic that would work for having two characters combine, fusion dance style?

What about for having one character split into two weaker characters?
>>
>>43750723
Synthesist Summoner is essentially it. Nothing else really, unless you figure out some Soul Jar shenanigans.
>>
>>43750720
You run past a guy, he attempts to do some fancy trick and telegraphs his move. You, being the skilled warrior that you are, stab him while he's doing it.
>>
File: 1415765054613.jpg (230 KB, 766x1024) Image search: [Google]
1415765054613.jpg
230 KB, 766x1024
>>43750720
Like for fuck's sake, an Attack of Opportunity is a free fucking action. No other free actions provoke, so why the fuck would one provoke just because it's a particular kind of action?

God damn it I am /way/ too pissed off about this.
>>
>>43750765
Not paizo's fault you fuckers don't actually understand the rules.
>>
>>43750720
No, maneuvers provoke AOO, unless you have the improved feat for that manuever

Also note that each character only has 1 AOO per turn, unless they have feats like combat reflexes that give them more.
>>
>>43750779
Dude. It's not about rules, it's about sensibility. In what way is it sensible for a character to get an attack of opportunity /after/ /provoking/ /one/?
>>
>>43750723
That one set of teamwork feats for gay buttbuddies in Distant Shores might actually be what you want here.

Otherwise, have both characters be in Construct Armor and gattai or something.
>>
>>43750765
Because its the particular kind of action, NOT the action type that provokes the AoO.
>>
>>43750789
in the way that you're not necessarily leaving yourself unable to take advantage of an opening by giving someone else an opening.
>>
>>43750789
because this is how combat maneuvers work. Do you understand combat manuevers?
>>
>>43750801
>particular kind of action
An attack of opportunity is a particular kind of action. A free one, in fact. Do you also allows attacks of opportunity for talking in combat?

>>43750802
While that's not an unreasonable perspective, It's still stacking a free action on a free action before the original action that provoked an attack of opportunity even gets to be rolled/completed/whatever. It's an unreasonable lack of limitation.

>>43750809
You clearly have not paid attention to the entire conversation. This isn't about how combat maneuvers work, this is about how attacks of opportunity work, and how they have apparently been left in an unreasonably retarded state.
>>
>>43750847
Talking doesn't provoke an AoO in any situation.
Combat manuevers provoke AoO regardless of what action type they are unless you have the proper feats.
>>
>>43750847
But attacks of opportunity don't provote AoO

Combat maneuvers do
>>
So /pfg/. I'll be participating in a campaign that's partially on Roll20 and partially PbP, but I will only have time for the latter portion.

I want to make a Spell Sage Wizard that doesn't involve himself with combat at all, except to hide and avoid attention or escape from it when it happens.

We're starting at 2nd level, with normal WBL. 20pb.

What are some of the better out of combat options for this kind of character? Dandy divinations come to mind, and I want to avoid combat buffs so the party won't rely on me for them. Things like Hold Portal seem kinda useful, I could help set up a defensive area for when we fight.
>>
>>43750867
So if I'm using an attack of opportunity to use a combat maneuver, it shouldn't provoke an attack of opportunity. Why is that so hard to understand?

>>43750864
talking sometimes provokes acts of surprise aggression, if my players have anything to say about it

My point is, an attack of opportunity, regardless of the particular kind of attack, should /not/ provoke additional attacks of opportunity. The fact that this is not written down anywhere is also irking the hell out of me.
>>
>>43750883
Why do you want to play a character that is totally useless in a party?
>>
>>43750894
It does. Combat manuvers always provoke attacks of opportunity

While many combat maneuvers can be performed as part of an attack action, full-attack action, or attack of opportunity (in place of a melee attack), others require a specific action. Unless otherwise noted, performing a combat maneuver provokes an attack of opportunity from the target of the maneuver.
>>
>>43750847
>>43750894
It's a case of the following: Some fucker tries to run past you, so being a sneaky little git you try and trip them. However, it's really obvious that you're doing so, so the fucker quickly slashes at your leg to punish you for attempting to punish him. If you've got one of the Improved <X> feats, you do it more stealthily or sneakily so he can't react in-time.

It's silly, but it's basically just a chain of counters in a fighting game or in a JRPG. Or that one gif of those two people from Bleach just teleporting behind one-another over and over again.
>>
>>43750723

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/psionic-powers/f/fusion

Is what my group uses, but we've never actually done so in a session proper.
>>
>>43750894
It isn't written down anywhere for the same reason it isn't written anywhere that color spray doesn't work on the undead. The undead are immune to mind affecting effects, they don't need a separate immunity to color spray.

There is literally no reason to think free actions provide magical AoO protection or that they should. You are looking for a rule that doesn't exist and that contradicts existing rules.
>>
>>43750925
>Fusion

Considering its a psionic power, I can't help but imagine that cinematic in Starcraft where the two high templars become an Archon.
>>
>>43750908
>>43750913
I've already said that I am now seeing this is how the RAW is.

As I've repeated almost every post, I'm saying that this is a retarded fucking way to go about things. It slogs the pace of combat to a crawl from an already meager rate at best.

>>43750946
>literally no reason to think free actions don't provoke attacks of opportunity

Except that literally every free action in the table /doesn't/.
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/combat#Table-Actions-in-Combat

Attacks of opportunity being the odd one out is what I'm griping about.
>>
>>43750993
but attacks of opportunity aren't free actions, they're just something you can do when it's called for
>>
>>43750993
I don't think AoOs even count as free actions.
You can't normally do free actions when it isn't your turn.
>>
>>43750993
>>43751000

Attacks of opportunity aren't even an action. They're triggered and just go off.
>>
>>43750993
nobody cares you autist

if you don't like it go suck your DM's dick you faggot.
>>
>>43751004
>>43751013
AoOs are immediate actions.
>>
>>43751022
If that were true, you wouldn't be able to take a swift action on your turn after taking an AoO. Let alone do multiple per round.
>>
>>43751022
Nooooo they very much are not. Immediate actions are a specific action type of which you only get one per round, and using it eats your next swift action.
>>
>>43750993
Free actions can only be taken on your turn too and a bunch of other shit. They also only don't until they DO. Much like standard actions don't provoke unless they say they do.

Creatures still only get one AoO per turn or have to use special features to get more. Removing their ability to take those AoOs might "speed combat up" slightly but will fuck over their abilities and make certain actions always go unpunished.
>>
>>43751000
>>43751004
It doesn't even describe the kind of action an Attack of Opportunity is.

The problem is that it calls the attacks being made "free", but then doesn't slot the type of action in. If anything, it would probably fit most closely to an immediate action, but you can /only/ make one of those per round, and combat reflexes specifically breaks that rule.

>>43751014
If only I were that flexible

I /am/ the GM you absolute moron. Read the fucking conversation before you chime in.
>>
>>43751041
Then fucking change it in your game why is this even a thing you're sperging out about you fucking autistic piece of shit

Nobody else cares. combat maneuvers provoke attacks of opportunity.
>>
>>43751041
Attacks of opportunity don't fit into any other existing action type for exactly these reasons.
This gripe is exceedingly pointless.
>>
I'm building a Level 7 Drow Oracle, Juju mystery with Child Curse.

I specialize in Undead minions.
I have Undead Master and Spirit Vessels, so my maximum HD for minions is 66HD. (Does that sound accurate?)

I should have a maximum of 28HD per casting of Animate Dead.

Anywho, I need ideas on what type of minions to start with.

I'm already considering something like this, as a primary bodyguard.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/undead/skeleton-medium/skeleton-multiplying-t-rex

But that's just 18HD, and I have tons of additional possibilities to work with.

Anyone have ideas?
>>
>>43750903
Knowledge skills, divinations, information gathering, etc. Is hardly useless. I physically won't be able to play during combat, so I'm focusing on being good at things beside it.
>>
>>43751053
My problem with it is that someone in my group is gonna come up to me with that elven style combat feat and ask me why I've "been doing it wrong" for the last four fucking years. And then we get to have this exact same debate, but in person, and without reaction images, and it's going to eat at least half a session.

Because Paizo can't clarify their fucking rules, even ones they ripped word-for-word from 3.5.
>>
>>43751080
Because fuck you i'm the GM is the correct answer you stupid nigger.

Can you stop shitting up this thread with your sperging out over something nobody else cares about? Its bad enough without this stupid autistic fucking shit holy fucking god.
>>
>>43751080
There's nothing to clarify, it makes perfect sense as already explained in the rules. Combat maneuvers provoke AoO, there's no exemption for maneuvers done as an AoO and there's no reason why there would be other than you think there should be. If you want to house rule it then by all means do so. Many people have misunderstood much more important rules than this. It's not that big a deal.
>>
>>43751080
Um. There's nothing to clarify. Combat maneuvers provoke AoOs. That's how it works. That's ALWAYS how it works, unless something SPECIFICALLY says otherwise. Normal AoOs don't provoke AoOs, because they're attacks.

If you made an unarmed strike as an AoO without improved unarmed strike (somehow, given you don't threaten without the feat iirc?), then it would provoke. Because doing so provokes. AoOs have nothing to do with it.

The sanest answer is to own up to the fact that you misread the rules by assuming rules that weren't there and were never there, if it comes up.
>>
>>43751086
Complaining about autism on /tg/ makes about as much sense as complaining about babies in a maternity ward.
>>
>>43751098
But if you're in a materinity ward, where its already shitty, and one particularly annoying baby comes in, you bet your sweet ass everyone's going to complaining about that baby
>>
>>43751098
I hate babies
>>
>>43751111
No, anon.
You're a baby, too, for crying because another baby is crying.
>>
>>43751126
But at least i'm crying for a reason. Because another baby won't shut up

Why is the other baby crying, nobody knows, some say he cries even to this day, about paizo's rules not being EXACTLY as he thinks they should be
>>
what's a good magical effect to add to a banjo-bass covered in the skin of a lizardfolk bard's late master
>>
>>43751060
So, can someone please help with this?

I understand that calling eachother babies is important, but I need undead minions.
>>
>>43751095
Exactly.
>>
>>43751160
Holy Vindicator and Agent of the Grave could give you even more minions.
About monsters no idea, anything you can get your hands on.
>>
>>43751160
There's no prices for most monsters, just bring a pile of black onyx and curse the shit out of things to make it easier for your party to kill them for you.

Bring a Voidstick and a Candle of Abaddon. Trust me.
>>
>>43751182
On the topic of Voidsticks: Voidstick zombies are pretty nice in my opinion, they can channel negative energy so you could use one or two as field medics.
>>
>>43751207
They're disgustingly overpriced and don't show up under your control. Use the stick for the at will Desecrate.
>>
>>43751182
Okay, got both of those, thanks for the advice.

So my limit is now...

72HD Maximum
32HD Per Cast.

I am definitely going to get a Voidstick Zombie ASAP, but that still leaves a huge pile of HD available.
>>
>>43751267
Bloody Skeletons are the friend of every minionmaster Necromancer. They are rather cheap and never ever die.
>>
>>43751295
Bloody Skeletons will be my go-to method of filling a battlefield with minions, and the expense is very easily justified.

I'm primarily concerned with a bodyguard, for now though.
>>
>>43751312
Spirit Guide into Lore Spirit can get you some nice Wizard spells, most importantly the Command Undead spell.
>>
>>43751325
Command Undead is acquired via Juju Oracle.
>>
>>43751312
You could get creative and make a Necrograft.
>>
>>43751325
Nevermind, I see what you're saying, definitely looking to update the character using this.
>>
>>43751347
Explain.
>>
>>43751357
Think about going into Agent of the Grave too.
>>
>>43751347
You mean the Black Markets necrografts?
>>
>>43751365
I am.
>>
>>43751364
Necrografts are undead wich you can modify. Basically you can custom design your bodyguard more or less. A medium one only has CR3 and 2 construction points, but you can create it with more construction points by making the CR higher.
>>
>>43751367
No I meant this
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/undead/necrocraft

Oh wait I mispelled it. Sorry. Necrocraft no graft.
>>
>>43751402
Those are neat.
>>
>>43751426
And remember: A Collossal one is only 18HD.
>>
>>43751435
I feel like this is something that players were never meant to have access to.
>>
>>43751496
Well you can't build one with higher HD than your level.
Just have someone else build it.
>>
>>43751521
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/bard#TOC-Inspire-Greatness-Su-
>>
Does Brutal Surge qualify you for feats that require a Wild Surge?
>>
>>43751402
Sweet. I feel like there should be a Summoner archetype revolving around Necrocrafting an undead eidolon.
>>
>>43746062
Dunno if this guy is even around anymore, but just as an FYI, you should be able to get away with TWF as a magus as long as you still have an empty hand. That means any manufactured weapon that is not wielded by hand oughta to work for your "off-hand" weapon. From the top of my head, the dwarven boulder helmet and the kobold tail attachments are all light weapons that are not wielded in a hand, so you could use one along with a one-handed weapon to TWF while still having a free hand for the purpose of providing somatic components and being able to do Spell Combat.
>>
>>43751575
Cesti also leave your hand free.
>>
>>43751575
If that's the case, multi-armed races would make great Magi.

>Double Spellstrike using two-weapon fighting and two offhand casting.
>>
>>43751529
I don't think that applies to caster level.
>>
Question, is the Myrmidon Fighter truly better at entering into PrCs than the Warlord? I mean, the skills/level are the same, and only difference lies in the amount of bonus feats. However, the Human, Half-Orc, Elf, Maenad and Xeph FCBs grant them an additional bonus feat at level 5, equalizing the amount of bonus feats they would've gotten at that point.
>>
File: 1439245947989.gif (89 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1439245947989.gif
89 KB, 600x450
>>43751601
Yeah, cuz more arms automatically gets you more spellstrikes.
>>
>>43751563
There kind of is a homebrew thing like that.
http://www.pathfindercommunity.net/races/voyd-s-races/shi-nek
>>
>>43751601
You won't get double Spellstrike unless your casting your spells as a swift action or otherwise managing to have two spells in a round (ignoring tricks like spell-storing or carrying over a charge from another round), and if you can do that somehow then you can already Spellstrike twice in a round even with just two arms.

But, yeah, multi-armed races would still make good Magi since they can TWF without having to use shittier weapons, although I do admit to liking the idea of kobold tail attachments. They would have the option of going two-handed as well, which is another style most Magi don't get. And, since Alchemists can get an extra arm as early as 2nd level, it's even a theoretical possibility for normal races too, either by gestalt or by just sucking it up and taking a 2-level dip (it's not like there's absolutely nothing else to be gained from it either, 20 minutes of Mutagen time per day might be all you need).
>>
>>43751628
Ah. You said "your level," so I wasn't sure. Take Magical Knack, now you've got +2 up to your hit dice that would fill the HD gained from your bard.

"It's a dead man's party, who could ask for more."
>>
File: Warlord (Junedays).jpg (165 KB, 1024x739) Image search: [Google]
Warlord (Junedays).jpg
165 KB, 1024x739
>>43751633
No, because the Warlord gets higher level maneuvers sooner, and more maneuvers known than the Myrmidon (without Advanced Study).
>>
>>43751628
>>43751660
There's also an archetype of bard that just gets a performance that can boost caster level, though. Magician, I think.
>>
File: a2187335077_10.jpg (361 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
a2187335077_10.jpg
361 KB, 1200x1200
>>43751701
Can we stack this, to have multiple bards playing as our necromancer builds their monstrosity?
>>
>>43747007
Not unless it's the size of a gnome.

>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/cavalier#TOC-Banner-Ex-
>The banner must be at least Small or larger and must be carried or displayed by the cavalier or his mount to function.
>>
>>43751601
>>43751645
>>43751575
I'm still here, I'm just working on some homebrew for using Path of War with monsters.

Does having extra off hands let me take TWF and Spell Combat in the same action though?
>>
>>43752043
No. Spell Combat is pretty much TWF using the spell as your offhand.
>>
What disciplines use Natural Weapons as their discipline weapons?
>>
>>43752094
Broken Blade and Unquiet Grave
>>
>>43752197
Ugh, one of these days I've go to get Lords of the Night.

Everyone shitposts about Nightguard and how awesome it is because it fulfills their edgy paladin dreams, but what other archetypes/feats/PRCs are in it anyway?
How does it handle the idea of playing a Vampire in a normal party?
>>
>>43752223
I actually have the book. And well it doesn't exactly deal with playing a Vampire in a normal party, it seems to be more about full vampire parties.
>>
>>43747497
Reminder that Nocticula is actually a fallen empyreal lord seeking to ascend to godhood and escape demon status to become CN.
>>
File: QlippothChernobue_zps82fbe0af.jpg (53 KB, 551x323) Image search: [Google]
QlippothChernobue_zps82fbe0af.jpg
53 KB, 551x323
>>43752300
Reminder that DEMONS GET OUT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>43752743
Qlippoth art does them no justice. They are described as horrible unatural alien beings but somehow they are just blobs with some tentacles added. A pitty really.
>>
File: CLAYMORE124_21.png (389 KB, 843x1200) Image search: [Google]
CLAYMORE124_21.png
389 KB, 843x1200
>>43752770
All the good, unique designs have probably been used.
>>
File: Suggestion.gif (565 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Suggestion.gif
565 KB, 250x250
Welp, it's been confirmed. My group's running Hungry are the Dead and I'm cleared to play a Dhampir Inquisitor of Asmodeus.

Shame I won't get to unveil any minds, but enforcing THE LAWWW will be just as fun, I suspect! That said, we also all need to draw our own character art.

With that in mind, I'm sure it wouldn't be too much trouble to share a few references I might use to aid in my sketching?
>>
I lost all my old character art due to switching to a new computer after the old one went to total shit.

Anyone got a good site for art? Grognard booru doesn't actually have that much, and the minus links I was using all went semi-dead due to some sort of server fuckery.
>>
File: DPG_Page_000_Outside_Cover_front.jpg (181 KB, 1200x1694) Image search: [Google]
DPG_Page_000_Outside_Cover_front.jpg
181 KB, 1200x1694
>>43753015
>http://g e-hentai org/g/427408/1bf5a929c0/
>>
>>43753082

S. Zentih Lee Gallery
>http://zenith.love-n-peace.org/coppermine/index.php
>>
What should I buy to prepare for Tomb of Horror? I got 62,000 gold to play with, and I'm a Wizard.

Should I prepare for combat or traps? I know I can summon stuff to get through most traps, but what about the ones I can't get through?
>>
>>43753102
Character art, not porn, man.
>>
File: Gareth in Team Asshole.png (831 KB, 1601x1011) Image search: [Google]
Gareth in Team Asshole.png
831 KB, 1601x1011
>>43753120
http://yamaorce.deviantart.com/gallery/
http://the-overfiend.deviantart.com/gallery/
>>
>>43752743
She'd happily do that, if the rest of the demon lords would just up and die already so she can suck them dry, kill them, and ascend as repentance.
>>
That's it, I did it.
I switched from 5e to PF
I don't know how to feel about it
>>
>>43753234
>Switching

Why not just play both?
>>
>>43753234
why?
>>
>>43753243
My 5e group fell apart, the DM just doesn't want to play anymore and I can't find any other 5e game.
I saw a PF one and went in.
Doesn't seem too bad, I'm just worried about balance and the number of rules I have to know about. There is so many options I have a hard time choosing things
>>
>>43753261
It's something you get used to. As far as balance goes, inevitably we get into shit-flinging contests in these parts about what is and isn't balanced, but at the end of the day, you can get away with being a low-grade class if you know what you're doing and still contribute well enough.

As far as options and rules go, that comes from experience and reading things over. Three recommendations on that front. First, Make sure you understand what the abilities you've gained (either through class, feat selection, spells, or what-have-you) do. Too many times I've encountered players who don't even understand their own characters, much less the rest of the game. when you understand what you can do, you start understanding the crazier things you can do.

Second, it's important to read over stuff when you have a chance - new books are being released all the time, and many options can improve a concept you're working with. Many times GMs will be lenient enough to let you automatically respec if you had to whipstitch together a concept and then a new book comes out that works for it.

Third, Make sure you rely on people who know the rules for help. /pfg/ is an excellent resource, and if you ask questions we will generally direct you towards things that make sense for your character and are mechanically effective. If you don't want to ask us, then ask your party, or your GM, for advice. they want to have fun just as much as you do, and everybody having fun leads to an environment where things go smoothly, which makes everybody have more fun.

Of course, I'll freely admit this is advice that works for any sort of TTRPG, but It's important to say when picking up a new game.
>>
>>43753261
Unless you have a bunch of asshole powergamers / minmaxers who don't want anyone to have fun the balance shouldn't be an issue.

>Options
There are a lot of them. D20pfsrd helps if you find out what your DM allows. Once you're more familiar with the setting etc. you'll be glad you have so many choices.

5E basically required little to no thought in building a character - the book essentially did it for you.
>>
>>43753307
>>43753365
We're gonna play the campaign Wrath of the Righteous.
I read online that it become too easy because of the mythic path but the DM assured us that it will be hard and that we should make optimized characters.

I choose an Oracle, Mystery of Life, Seer archetype with the Haunted curse.
Seer is for flavor, but he told us that the campaign will be rp heavy so I think it works.
Mystery of Life it's to have channel ennergy (I'm going Hierophant on the mythic path) and some healing abilties to help the party.

I don't really know if it's good and I absolutely don't know what feats to take and how to play a good support in PF.

I did read guides on Oracle tho so I'm not that lost
>>
>>43753411
>mystery of life

why.
>>
>>43753411
>Wrath of the Righteous
Oh boy. Please don't judge the system by that AP.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.