[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
We're all anonymous here, what's the worst character
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: embarrassing_RP_memories[1].png (191 KB, 800x1009) Image search: [Google]
embarrassing_RP_memories[1].png
191 KB, 800x1009
We're all anonymous here, what's the worst character you've ever RP'd and regretted? We've all got something to regret.

My first character was a chaotic neutral drow monk in 3.X, who I wanted to make be survival of the fittest in mind, but he was chaotic randumb in practice.
>>
Dwarven cleric of CN god of war. He wasn't too bad, but he wanted to solve everything with violence and executed anyone who surrendered for being cowards. Had a greatsword named "Sasha" that he ripped off a dead soldier's corpse before the game started.

The game was abandoned after the second session, so the group was spared his idiocy.
>>
>>43746069
Literally half of them.

Played an Aasimar who was from Mirrodin because I really wanted to play an Aasimar. It went about as well as you'd expect, when three sessions later the game dissolved into a new campaign.
>>
>>43746282
That doesn't sound too bad, besides the executing bit.

>>43746338
Woof, now that sounds weird. Why were you on mirrodin?
>>
>>43746069
Man, I wish MY katanas could read minds.
>>
>>43746069
The emperor of a space empire who had cybernetic implants to allow hik to control gravity.

He was the father of my previous character, and retconned my friend's character into being immortal and previous friends with each other hundereds of years ago.

I was12-14, shut up.
>>
File: 1367215791281.gif (496 KB, 335x257) Image search: [Google]
1367215791281.gif
496 KB, 335x257
My first character was a literal murderhobo that I would now view as a purposeful insult to the game. I just wanted to set things on fire, so I said she'd been kicked out of the local arcane academy and lived in the woods, burning everything and everyone for fun and some poorly-articulated crap about the true meaning of elemental fire, blah blah.

The DM was clever about it, and instead of barring her as maybe he should have done, the quest became finding the one professor who'd defended her in magic school, who had gone missing looking for a mythical lost civilization in the north.

Suddenly she had a real motivation, one I'd never considered, and during the difficult journey north I realized that in my desire as a player to discover this part of her backstory, she was suddenly acting more responsibly, keeping the party on track, developing relationships with the other characters while debating the nature of the universe, because she needed them.

By the time we found the professor, I realized I wanted his approval for her as much as she did. And that without realizing it, I'd overseen her redemption.

To this day I still don't know if the DM had this goal in mind when he created the quest, or was just throwing out a plot hook to make her behave, but I've always tried to keep his example in mind in games I've played since.
>>
First real table top character ever

>Pathfinder Society
>Mighty Half Orc Barbarian
>Hem Slay
>Double Orc Axe he named Boe
>Voice in Hem Slay`s Head he belived it was Boe talking to him
>Tried to kill everything even traps Boe encouraged this behaviour
>Was sad and lonely child at heart

The character wasnt the issue it was me that was the problem as i would regularly say "I pull out my Boe and hit it" with a huge shit eating grin and the table would collectively die a little on the inside.

One time a GM claimed i could not name my weapon Boe because it wasnt sentient and naming it that was confusing and obnoxious we argued for hours on this on and off.
>>
Psychopathic mass-murdering Yuan-Ti lesbian pirate princess.

OR

Cowboy ghost of an abandoned railway line with highly conversative morals and a fetish for antique steam trains.
>>
>>43746363
He was one of the last of the Auriok I think the humans of the Razorgrass were?

He had a superman-esque origin story. Shit was going south due to Phyrexia, and so they last-ditch-effort shot their kid through a hole in reality. They didn't think it would work, so he ended up in Faerun with an uncanny knack for artifice.

Special snowflakey as fuck. I told the DM I didn't care if his backstory came up in the campaign at all, I just wanted to have a cheap giggle while I played Artificer.
>>
>>43746938
>Cowboy ghost of an abandoned railway line with highly conversative morals and a fetish for antique steam trains
That sounds awesome though
>>
File: marisa glorious_1.gif (3 MB, 492x283) Image search: [Google]
marisa glorious_1.gif
3 MB, 492x283
>>43746812

>YFW in another life you were doomed to be a That Guy for the rest of your insufferable life
>But then HE came... and changed you forever
>Now, memories of him force you to give pause when you see That Guy concepts wind up on your table, and just try to work with them in the hopes of making a more interesting character than either you or they would have alone been able to imagine, as he once did for you

Literal 10/10 GM, like some character out of a manga or some shit
>>
>>43746069
I've had a problem with a few exalted characters and wrapping my head around the power level.

Tried to make a caster with a few pro Lem's and stuff from backstory. After I explain them in turns out they're all non-issues that could be resolved in minutes.

Next character had delusions of godhood. Turns out most gods in exalted are chumps.
>>
File: hawkward.jpg (42 KB, 400x357) Image search: [Google]
hawkward.jpg
42 KB, 400x357
Lysander Metis, true neutral sorcerer on 3.5

I wanted to play Frank Underwood with illusion spells, what I actually played was a habitual liar who dug himself and his party into terrible situations that he would try (and fail) to fix with fire.

...all those orphans, those poor, poor orphans.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.