[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Persona 2129 Quest #24
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 136
Thread images: 27
File: Persona_2129_OP.jpg (344 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Persona_2129_OP.jpg
344 KB, 1280x720
Your name is Takashi Wakui. You are a sixteen-year old, Japanese high school student living in a world where half of humanity possesses Personas—manifestations of inner souls as demons, spirits or deities. In the past, you had been one of the unlucky ordinaries lacking a Persona. Then a game called AETHER was forcibly installed on your smartphone. Initially it appeared to be little more than a piece of nasty spyware, extremely persistent and impossible to remove.

Then it sucked you into to a realm called the Blackened Void, where you fought Shadows and gained your first Persona--Ippon-Datara of the Fool Arcana, the degraded blacksmith demon god. Now you are the Wild Card of the 22nd Century, capable of wielding Personas of each Major Arcana. Turns out AETHER is more than a simple, reality-immersive game; it is an accursed phenomenon superimposing itself over an otherworldly realm, consisting of vicious monsters, decrepit ruins and glamorous treasures. And to make matters worse, you and several others have been condemned as its chosen Players.

For what purpose does the game exist, what mysteries lie within and how will you Players achieve victory?

Previous Threads: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Persona%202129%20Quest
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TwilightThorn
Mechanics: http://pastebin.com/UqzmF3tv

Character Sheet: http://pastebin.com/YAdcvNdv
Persona List: http://pastebin.com/FaA4MNZy
Spell/Skill List: http://pastebin.com/7K1f7ma5
Takashi's Stats: http://pastebin.com/5h7pcL81
>>
File: breakfast_toast.png (691 KB, 1278x720) Image search: [Google]
breakfast_toast.png
691 KB, 1278x720
[7:30 am, 28-Apr-2129 (THURSDAY)]

Today didn’t start out so well. You woke up to the shrill beeps of traffic and the rabble of the city, with a pounding ache in the base of your skull and stiffness in your arms. The pair in the Velvet Room had struck again. Whenever they cared to ‘converse’ with you, you always woke up feeling like a tank had just ran over you. That’s not even getting into what they did a few weeks ago. The blood spewing from our mouth, along with the searing pain in your heart, had been all too real.

Their words imply that someone else used to reside in the Velvet Room. Someone who was a lot nicer and didn’t crush the hearts of children like nuts in a vice. What you wouldn’t give to have that mysterious stranger replace that pair of giggling shitheads. Though he or she would probably be just as cryptic.

When brushing your teeth, you remembered exams would be commencing in less than two weeks. It alone sent your mood into a nosedive. Then you forgot to concentrate and stubbed your toe on the washing machine. You attempted to focus Ippon-Datara’s endurance into your foot to stem the pain. It didn’t work. After that had been cleared up, you opened the fridge and found that Shizuka had drank the last bit of orange juice.

“You don’t look too good, Takashi.” Shizuka commented. “Did you not sleep well?”

“Something like that.” You mumbled. “Pass the salt, nee-san.”

Right after you finished chewing the first mouthful of crispy bacon, your phone rang.

“Is that one of your friends?” Shizuka asked.

“Only Celeste would message me at this time of the day.” You replied. “Before you get any funny ideas nee-san, she’s probably stuck on another maths problem and needs my help.”

Reality was far crueler. If your morning had been bad before, it was about to reach the level of the biblical apocalypse.

>>Takashi: Read AETHER’s notification.
>>
File: takashi_red_eye.jpg (438 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
takashi_red_eye.jpg
438 KB, 1280x720
>[MAX PRIORITY] On 6-May-2129 at 8:00 am, the corpse of Fumika Shibuya will be found in the Grey Ward of Akumachi City. Her mutilated limbs and torso will be strewn around a local scrapyard. Analysis will reveal signs of intense mechanical augmentation, far beyond the limit of what humans can tolerate. Further inspection by the other Players will reveal she has been murdered by the Denizens residing in Sector 3 of the Blackened Void—Area 019. 9 days, 0 hours, 30 minutes and 0 seconds remaining.

A chill, as cold as the blizzard on a stormy winter night, sweeps through your body. The hair on the back of your neck stands on end. The world shrinks until the greyish blue interface of AETHER is left, as if you are staring it down from the end of a long tunnel. Twin black eyes bug out of your sockets. You barely manage to hold your phone through your suddenly clammy, shaking hands.

Someone is speaking to you. You ignore her.

You grit your teeth. You lower your phone back into your pocket. It slumps to the bottom like a concrete block dropped in the middle of the Shinano river. Your hands balls into fists with a mixture of rage, trepidation and resignation.

“Takashi.”

Why now, of all times? Why did it have to occur right when exams were knocking at the front door? Why was the deadline the final day of Golden Week? Did whatever malevolent force that was manipulating AETHER seriously expect you to spend the following nine days trying to rescue Fumika instead of studying like a normal person?

The obvious answer is ‘yes, of course it does’. The truth is undeniable. Anger gives way to despair. You lower your head in misery and moan. You had just been getting your life back on something resembling on track, too…

Today is going to be a real bad day.

“Takashi! Otouto!”
>>
File: 1396489262206.png (196 KB, 344x585) Image search: [Google]
1396489262206.png
196 KB, 344x585
The sharp crack of a finger snapping drags you back to reality. Shizuka is staring from across from the table, frowning and arms crossed. “What’s with you, today?” she asks, “You’re making me worried.”

You raise your head and blink. Upon seeing the concern etched on your older sister’s expression, you give her a smile. It is awkward and feeble, but you try nonetheless. “It’s nothing, nee-san. I’m perfectly fine today.”

“For a boy who says those words, you don’t look the part, Takashi.” Shizuka replies. Her eyelids raise by the tiniest of fractions. A hint of jade peeks out. You breath catches in your throat. If Shizuka fully opens her eyes…well, you don’t want to think about it. At all. “I saw your mood flicker between rage, misery, confusion and acceptance. That’s more like what Daisuke typically feels at the bar on a Saturday night. Something is up, I know it.”

“I’m really am okay, nee-san! Honest!” You blurt out. Shizuka remains impassive. You smile falters an inch. “Look, I did receive a message from my friend. Except it wasn’t Celeste.”

“Who, then?” Shizuka asks.

“Takauji! You know, the guy I meet up with in martial arts club. I trained with him yesterday. He showed me how to dodge. He’s a secretly a fan of really depressing stories and showed me this clip from a movie he watched. It’s, uh, about a pair of star-crossed lovers, one awakened and the other not. It’s when the boy tries to use his magic to save the ordinary girl, but his family drags him off. It’s really emotional, nee-san!”

For clarification, you don’t know if such a movie exists. It probably does, though. Some hack director or two has likely taken hold of such a generic idea in the eighty or so years of magic’s history. You also don’t know if Takauji has tastes for those kinds of movies. He’s the kind of guy who would enjoy reading shonen manga or watching action flicks instead.
>>
File: 1399506227665.png (304 KB, 540x660) Image search: [Google]
1399506227665.png
304 KB, 540x660
For the sake of your wellbeing, you are sacrificing his good first impression towards your sister. Sorry Takauji! Now that you think about it, it would be quite funny if it turned out that Shizuka was actually his type of his woman. It would explain why he got so exasperated with Kanami’s fiancée shenanigans all the time.

Wait, it wouldn’t be funny. It would actually make you simmer with rage. That wouldn’t be good at all!

Shizuka contemplates your words. Her food remains untouched. Yeah, she’s serious.

“Well, you seem passionate about it. It’s good that you’ve been maintaining your friendships.” She eventually says. “But remember what kaa-san said about having tablets and phones at the table?”

“We’re not supposed to listen to music or watch stuff online then. Checking messages is allowed.” You mutter. “Yeah, I know. I won’t do it again, nee-san.”

“Good. I also think this bears repeating.” Shizuka says. “If there’s anything that’s troubling you, Takashi, you can always come to me. Older sisters are supposed to support their little brothers and I would gladly drop everything if you were in serious danger. But I can’t help you if you don’t tell me anything about it.”

If only nee-san, is what you think. If only Shizuka Wakui, the B+ ranked Anti-Shadow Operative of the Strength Arcana, had been chosen as a Player. If only her warmth and comfort was among the harsh wastelands of the Blackened Void, then the future wouldn’t look so bad.

In the end, thinking about such things is pointless. You have been thrown into a situation that has long since spiraled out of your control. The moment you were marked as one of the Void’s Chosen, your life was placed at risk. Even if you called for help, what use would it be? The Blackened Void is currently beyond the comprehension of humanity, your sister and mother included. The only people who can help are you and your fellow Players.
>>
File: AETHER_title_screen.jpg (252 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
AETHER_title_screen.jpg
252 KB, 1280x720
“I’ll keep that in mind, nee-san.” Is what you end up saying.

“Great.” Shizuka grins. “Now eat your bacon. It’s getting cold.”

“So is yours.”

“That’s right! Hmm…I wonder if there’s time to heat up some more…”

“You can do that if you want. I’ve got to go to school.”

“Okay! I’ll leave some for you in the fridge. But wait, if it’s in the fridge then wouldn’t it have cooled down by the time you get home? Oh no…”

“Forget it, nee-san…”

The moment you step out your front door, you activate the AETHER chat client. You open a shared chat room. Seconds later, Celeste and Akikazu have joined. It seems your fellow Players have been waiting for you.

<THE_FIRST> I won’t waste time with introductions but considering how fast you all connected
<THE_FIRST> We all know what’s going on
<THE_FIRST> Suffice to say AETHER is once again determined to make our lives miserable
<Akagi21> speak for yourself takashi
<Akagi21> some of us are looking forward to beating the shit out of shadows
<chocolat_orange> not all of us can be as unrestrained as you, osaragi-san. really though, i’m not exactly sure what to think about this
<THE_FIRST> Why’s that
<THE_FIRST> Wait never mind you told me this yesterday
<THE_FIRST> It’s because you need money and this rescue will give you some but at the same time you like somebody being put in danger
<chocolat_orange> :/
<THE_FIRST> Is that a yes?
<THE_FIRST> I told you
<THE_FIRST> You should seriously consider cutting down on the sweeties
<chocolat_orange> >:O never!!!!
>>
File: blue_sky.jpg (57 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
blue_sky.jpg
57 KB, 1280x720
<Akagi21> if you two are done talking about fucking candies can we get back onto the main topic
<chocolat_orange> sorry osaragi-san, but sweets are important!
<chocolat_orange> anyway we have to rescue fumika shibuya. ummm, but i don’t really know much about her.
<THE_FIRST> I’ve met her before
<chocolat_orange> really, takashi-kun? what kind of person is she?
<THE_FIRST> Well

[What is your opinion on Fumika?]
>“I don’t really know her that well.”
>“She’s kind of a jerk, now that I think about it.”
>“Don’t quote me on this, but I think we’re friends.”
>“She’s my computer science classmate. That’s all.”
>Custom option.

And…

[Go to the Blackened Void after school?]
>Yes, we need to get this done as soon as possible.
>No, I need to take care of some things first.
>I’ll think about it.
>Custom option.
>>
>>43743406
>>“I don’t really know her that well.”
She's quiet, reserved and talks little.
She more or less fits the stereotypical Hermit behaviors to a tee.

>>
>>43743406
>Custom option.
"Also, I guess this confirms that I'm the main vector for AETHER grabbing people. I'm the only one who's known everyone to be pulled in. Must have something to do with me being the party leader, just like that thing with the Abyss."

>>
>>43743406
>>
>>43743406

>>
>>43743406
>Don’t quote me on this, but I think we’re friends.”
And
Hopefully if we get it out of the way there will be some time to study.
>>
>>43743406
>>
>>43743406
If there are any sort of consequences for waiting around too long, we don't wanna trigger 'em, and naturally we don't want to trek through dangerous deadly rescue missions JUST before the exam.
>>
Alright, away we go!
Writing...
>>
File: akumachi_city.jpg (205 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
akumachi_city.jpg
205 KB, 1280x720
<THE_FIRST> To be honest I don’t really know her that well
<THE_FIRST> We haven’t really spoken much
<THE_FIRST> She’s quiet, reserved and talks little
<THE_FIRST> It’s like she’s the stereotypical Hermit
<THE_FIRST> We’ve like nodded to each other a couple of times?
<chocolat_orange> nodded? did the two of you agree on something a lot?
<THE_FIRST> Not really Fumika just sat to me in my first computer class
<THE_FIRST> I didn’t know what to say to her so I ended up nodding instead
<THE_FIRST> She did the same back
<THE_FIRST> Then I met her a couple of times in the library and we did the same ther too
<THE_FIRST> After a while she introduced herself and told me her name
<THE_FIRST> I guess that makes us friends?
<THE_FIRST> Fumika was smiling at me
<THE_FIRST> But I haven’t talked to her since
<THE_FIRST> Okay there was that one time but she seemed to be in a hurry so I didn’t interfere
<chocolat_orange> you mean she turned you down, takashi-kun? that might be a problem with you rather than herself…maybe, i don’t know
<chocolat_orange> i think i’ve heard her name before. it’s on the tip of my tongue but i don’t get why?
<Akagi21> well shit sherlock of course the girl with some of the highest grades in our year level is going to be fed into the rumor mill
<Akagi21> fuckers will latch onto anything if it means they can bring somebody down
<THE_FIRST> You know from experience huh
<THE_FIRST> Now you’re implying that you know something about her
<Akagi21> fuck no never talked to the chick
<chocolat_orange> but you’ve been at the academy for longer than any of us. got any stories or rumors to share?
<chocolat_orange> c’mon, osaragi-san!
<Akagi21> ugh
<Akagi21> i told you i don’t know a lot about fumika shibuya apart from her grades
<Akagi21> nobody does
<Akagi21> barely anybody notices her teachers included
<Akagi21> when her name gets to the top of the school rankings everyone is like oh shit fumika shibuya does exist grrr i can’t believe i lost to her and some shit
>>
File: city.jpg (181 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
city.jpg
181 KB, 1280x720
<Akagi21> she was in my class last year and i don’t she ever talked to anybody else
<Akagi21> not even once
<Akagi21> she would always disappear at recess or lunchtime and after school
<Akagi21> she always did work alone
<THE_FIRST> This is bringing back uncomfortable memories of my own childhood but continue
<Akagi21> and if you do that you might as well paint a gigantic glowing target on your back saying please bully me!
<Akagi21> that’s what the other girls did
<Akagi21> stuff like leaving a flower on her desk or stealing her shoes
<chocolat_orange> how horrible!
<Akagi21> word is that shibuya was never all that concerned about it
<Akagi21> it was like she didn’t even care about the humans around her
<Akagi21> here’s where it gets weird
<Akagi21> the bullying would continue but after a while it would just stop
<THE_FIRST> What did she tell the teacher
<Akagi21> nah
<Akagi21> it was like fuck i dunno
<Akagi21> they had been hit by a truck
<THE_FIRST> They were killed?
<THE_FIRST> Uhhhhh
<Akagi21> what no
<chocolat_orange> i don’t think those are the words you are looking for. it’s more like their actions screeched to a halt. or as if they were puppets whose strings could be cut.
<chocolat_orange> i learned that last line from a novel. hooray for english! :)
<Akagi21> i was about to say that jesus
<Akagi21> anyway they would stop whatever they were doing
<Akagi21> and whenever they were asked they wouldn’t say a fucking thing
>>
>>43743313
>The blood spewing from our mouth, along with the searing pain in your heart, had been all too real.
Worth it.
>>
>>43744121
>2129
>bullying the decker

It's like you want to be electrocuted by your own eyeballs.
>>
>>43744121
Hermit girl is getting better and better.
>>
>>43744134
I'm just saying, being an artificial Wild Card never gave anyone else health problems. They can say it's our fault for being too weak all they want, but Igor never had these problems. We need to isolate the variables. Get Igor to deal with us, and the squatters to deal with Minato, and then we'll see what the problem is.
>>
>>43744175
Considering that the other four wild cards were natural, I'd say that it is partially due to that.
>>
File: city_3.jpg (502 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
city_3.jpg
502 KB, 1280x720
<THE_FIRST> Like their tongues had been cut out?
<Akagi21> yeah
<Akagi21> don’t count me on this but i heard one of them almost ended up leaving the school
<Akagi21> the student council president convinced her to stay
<THE_FIRST> Fumika had been blackmailing them?
<THE_FIRST> Seems hard to imagine
<THE_FIRST> Unless she’s a crazy powerful hacker deep down
<Akagi21> pffft no way
<Akagi21> that sounds stupid as shit
<chocolat_orange> well we can ask her once we rescue her and take her out for coffee! so takashi-kun, are we heading to the blackened void this afternoon?
<THE_FIRST> Yeah might as well get this over and done with
<THE_FIRST> I do not want to go on a rescue mission on Golden Week
<THE_FIRST> Especially with exams so soon
<chocolat_orange> aw man why did you remind me about it :(. i take it back. this is not good at all.
<Akagi21> you two need to chill
<chocolat_orange> i don’t want to hear that from you, akikazu!
<THE_FIRST> See you guys later then
>>
File: 1432168882045.png (455 KB, 780x717) Image search: [Google]
1432168882045.png
455 KB, 780x717
>>43744278
><THE_FIRST> Unless she’s a crazy powerful hacker deep down
><Akagi21> pffft no way
><Akagi21> that sounds stupid as shit
>>
>>43744271
No, Minato and Aigis were both artificial, and the protagonist of Persona 1 and 2 had partial Wild Card abilities granted to them. And we don't know about how Phantom Thief gets his powers. The only canon genuine Wild Card we know of is Yu, and even he needed a boost of power from Izanami for his abilities to activate.
>>
>>43743271
TIME FOR MY FIX!
>>
>>43744278
>you two need to chill
He's gonna end up getting perfect grades, isn't he?
>>
>>43744373
I'd like to see that.
>>
>>43743271
Ha! Ha! Time for MORE SM/tg/!
>>
>>43744373
Nah, he needs to bomb at least one of them to get Eriko on his ass. He's so tsun for her Ichika would be able to tell.
>>
>>43744466
Double features past three threads.
>>
>>43744466
>SM/tg/
Let's get the ball rolling law>chaos>neutral
>>
>>43744373
Nah, he's just going to barely pass.

He's also going to answer only half out all of the questions before taking a nap for the rest of the test. The latter halves out of all of the questions.
>>
File: 1447857860407.jpg (337 KB, 1150x950) Image search: [Google]
1447857860407.jpg
337 KB, 1150x950
>>43744498
>>
We have a lot of grinding to catch up.
>>
File: law vs chaos.png (199 KB, 992x1856) Image search: [Google]
law vs chaos.png
199 KB, 992x1856
>>43744521
>>
>>43744498
Law>Neutral>Shit>Chaos
>>
File: 1445462343113.jpg (95 KB, 650x540) Image search: [Google]
1445462343113.jpg
95 KB, 650x540
>>43744588
>>43744573
>>
File: Chaos master race.jpg (93 KB, 609x626) Image search: [Google]
Chaos master race.jpg
93 KB, 609x626
>>43744588
>I can't survive in a world of str
>>
File: 1446169035101.gif (7 KB, 273x537) Image search: [Google]
1446169035101.gif
7 KB, 273x537
>>43744600
>>43744607
>>
File: Fiend Recruiting.jpg (71 KB, 927x380) Image search: [Google]
Fiend Recruiting.jpg
71 KB, 927x380
>>43744650
>>
File: 1357278993582.jpg (135 KB, 500x552) Image search: [Google]
1357278993582.jpg
135 KB, 500x552
I want to fuck Moh Shuvuu!
>>
>>43744728
Failure as a human.
>>
>>43744728
She'll eat your brains if you do.
>>
>>43744741
Joke is on her.
>>
I bet the new area will be full of shadows weak against zio.
>>
>>43744728
You're not that asshole from Princess Guard Quest, are you?
>>
>>43744799
Please do not mention that quest.
>>
File: Frog and Toad are shitposters.png (709 KB, 819x714) Image search: [Google]
Frog and Toad are shitposters.png
709 KB, 819x714
>>43744820
Still salty Sylviefag detected.
>>
>>43744799
He isn't until he shoops an agehao on her face. For now, he's just some random anon.
>>
>>43744799
Wut?
>>
>>43744840
That quest was full of shitposting and not the kind of fun shitpost like in BQ.
>>
File: safehouse.jpg (83 KB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
safehouse.jpg
83 KB, 900x506
[4:30 pm, 28-Apr-2129 (THURSDAY)]

The team gathers at the safehouse. Celeste equips her rapier. Akikazu grabs his iron sledgehammer and smirks. You put on your knuckledusters and boots.

Area 019 awaits. When the time limit runs out, Fumika Shibuya will suffer heavy mechanical augmentations from the Denizens there and die. That alone could a hint to the sector’s true nature. Then again, AETHER has surprised you before and it won’t be stopping anytime soon. What could possibly be lying in wait there? You should consider your decisions wisely…

>Persona stock limit: 4 (Ippon-Datara included)
>Top 5 Personas: Koppa Tengu, Valkyrie, Archangel, Jack Frost, Inugami
>Persona list: http://pastebin.com/FaA4MNZy

>Build EXP: 8

>45000 Macca

>Shop: http://pastebin.com/JC7tnjF5

Choose your Personas. If there is anything you want to buy, do it now. Assume that you do not have to buy for either Celeste or Akikazu.
>>
>>43744932
>Brass Knuckledusters (40000 Macca): A pair of brass knuckledusters. Better than iron ones.
As for personas
>Koppa Tengu
>Jack Frost
>Archangel
>Pixie
>>
>>43744932
Bring jack frost.

I don't care about the rest, just a vote for frost.
>>
>>43744932
>Valkyrie, Jack Frost, Inugami
>Buy Brass Knuckledusters
>>
>>43744932
>Koppa Tengu
>Jack Frost
>Archangel
>>
>>43744932
>Koppa Tengu, Archangel, Jack Frost, Inugami
>Brass Knuckledusters
>>
>>43744932
>>Shop: http://pastebin.com/JC7tnjF5
How much do the augs cost?
>>
>>43744932
Koppa Tengu, Valkyrie, Archangel, Jack Frost

Buy a better weapon.
>>
We must bring Pixie cause she is the only one with healing spells.
>>
>>43744932
I'd like to buy an additional two Revival Beads. We've got plenty of recovery items already, but only one Bead. We should have one for every member of the party, ideally.

As for Personas, I'd like Koppa Tengu, Pixie, and Archangel.
>>
>>43744932

Buy:
>EMP Grenade (10000 Macca)
>Revival Bead (10000 Macca)
>Flashbang (4000 Macca)
>Trafuri Canister (6500 Macca)
>>
>>43744932
Buy weapon
bring
>Jack Forst
>Pixie
>Koppa Tengu
>>
File: more_takashi.jpg (450 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
more_takashi.jpg
450 KB, 1280x720
“Oh, you’re buying our brass knuckledusters?” Ami Hephaestus exclaims. “Good choice! That’ll be 40000 Macca!”

“Koppa Tengu, Archangel, Jack Frost and Pixie. These are the Personas you want?” The boy says. “You can only carry three other Personas, so Pixie will be taken out. So it’s Koppa Tengu, Archangel and Jack Frost. Is this your decision?”

[Stick with this?]
>YES
>NO
>>
>>43745301
>NO
Get rid of Jack Frost, replace with Pixie.
>>
>>43745301
>>YES
>>
>>43745301
>YES
>>
>>43745301
>>NO
WE MUST KEEP PIXIE IT'S THE ONLY ONE WITH DIA. Remove archangel.
>>
>>43745301
>YES
>>
>>43745301
No, we need heals, and so we need Pixie. Celeste doesn't have infinite MP, so we need to carry some of the burden. Get the hee-hee ho out, Jack.
>>
>>43745301
>NO
We need healing, replace Jack Frost with Pixie.
>>
>>43745301
>>NO
Replace Jack with Pixie.
>>
>>43745301
>NO
Replace Jack Frost with Pixie.
>>
>removing Jack
Why? Archangel is a better choice for removal
>>
>>43745301
>YES
>>
>>43745423
Explain? Because it looks to me like Jack is inferior to Archangel. Slightly better stats, but much inferior skills.
>>
>>43745301

>NO
Remove Archangel
ice boost mabufu is no joke
>>
>>43745423
I think it's because Jack is a filthy traitor and no one likes him.
>>
>>43745451
Hama is shit and we have Ippon Datara for physical skills.
>>
>>43745301
>YES
>>
Seems like we're replacing Jack Frost with Pixie and keeping the Brass Knuckeldusters. This is your last chance to make any changes.

Sorry for the lateness of the posts, but I'm feeling a bit sick today so writing might take longer than usual.
>>
>>43745645
Sounds good to me. Let's roll.
>>
>>43745645
Let's do dis.
>>
>>43745645
still rather remove archangel instead
>>
File: ramen.gif (572 KB, 500x258) Image search: [Google]
ramen.gif
572 KB, 500x258
>-40000 Macca. You now have 5000 Macca.
>Acquired Brass Knuckledusters. They will be equipped.
>Acquired Koppa Tengu, Archangel and Pixie.

“I see you bought something nice, Takashi-kun.” Celeste says weakly. She is sitting in the safehouse kitchen, a cup of instant ramen steaming away in her hands. Like all junk foods, it smells delicious and sickening at the same time. “Sorry, do you mind if we wait a few minutes. I didn’t have much for lunch, so I want to eat this.”

“What the hell, Celeste!” Akikazu shouts. You notice his iron hammer, which was once chipped and worn, is now in perfect condition. “Those are mine!”

“Pipe down.” Celeste raises the plastic fork and shoves chicken flavoured noodles into her mouth. She then slurps down a mouthful of soup. “There’s thirty other packets in the fridge.”

“I brought those over!”

“The moment you bring food here, it’s belongs to everyone. Isn’t that right, Takashi-kun?”

“I don’t remember that rule!” Akikazu yells, pointing a finger at Celeste. “And neither does Takashi. Quit mooching off my supplies!”

You sigh. “Let’s just finishing eating and go.” Ultimately, Akikazu relented when his shouting turned out to have no effect. He plonked his ass down and ate a cup. Then the scent got to you and you wound up heating up one too. The three of you ended up sitting together, devouring down ramen without a care in the world. Apart from the Shadows lurking outside the front door, that is.

“You ever get sick of ramen?”

“No, why the hell would I?” Akikazu replies. “Ramen is the greatest food in the world.”

“Even when it’s stuffed in a tiny cup, served with shitty prepackaged vegetables and supplemented with powder definitely not made out from chickens?”

“Fuck yes.”
>>
>>43746019
Akikazu will fit right at home in an American college.
>>
>>43746019
dude....how expensive was that ice cream? It sounds like we should've spent it all forcing Celeste to eat Mapo Tofu with us instead.
>>
>>43745758
Why? Jack Frost is literally the shittiest Persona in the series. I'm glad to not use him. Hell, if it were possibly to give him back to the squatters and be rid of him forever I would do it.
>>
File: hell yeah motherfucker.jpg (163 KB, 688x495) Image search: [Google]
hell yeah motherfucker.jpg
163 KB, 688x495
>>43746019
>“You ever get sick of ramen?”
>“No, why the hell would I?” Akikazu replies. “Ramen is the greatest food in the world.”
>“Even when it’s stuffed in a tiny cup, served with shitty prepackaged vegetables and supplemented with powder definitely not made out from chickens?”
>“Fuck yes.”
>>
>>43746112
>>43745473
>>43745484
I really don't see why you have such a huge problem with Jack Frost
>>
>>43746141
>Hee-ho, I'm going to cripple your best Persona's development and render it useless in the long term. You ho-kay with that? Too bad-hee!
Why do you think I hate him?
>>
File: The shit I put up with.jpg (8 KB, 209x241) Image search: [Google]
The shit I put up with.jpg
8 KB, 209x241
>>43746141
It's because hee doesn't get how cool he is, ho!
>>
>>43746164
that has nothing to do with Jack Frost himself and his abilities, and is just the squatters being assholes
>>
>>43746164
Pixie was never going to be a long term viable persona anyways.
>>
>>43746164
NAME: Koppa Tengu
STATS: STR E, MAG E+, END E, AGL D-, LCK B+, DEV A-
>Dev A-
This one is better than our main persona.We have another chance we better not fuck up this time.
>>
>>43746180
Yes, but he's symbolic of their douchebaggery. Using him means we accept them being assholes. I refuse to play along.
>>
>>43746213
Wait Ippon Datara is A? I swear it was B- before.
>>
>>43746226
>Using him means we accept them being assholes
....what?

I think the fact that we still visit them and the Blackened Void is more telling of "acceptance".
>>
>>43746250
Good point. Let's stop visiting the Velvet Room. I don't think they're responsible for the Blackened Void, though, that seems to be something they've just attached themselves to. But yeah, fuck the Velvet Room.
>>
>>43746276
>let's intentionally cripple ourselves
>>
>>43746276
>Let's stop visiting the Velvet Room
that sounds like what I should be saying. Sarcastically.
>>
>>43746296
>>43746305
>Let's continue sucking off the abusive assholes.
>>
>>43746322
We are using them, not anything else.
>>
>>43746322
Look, if you want to go through the entire game with just this Persona setup, at least get Jack Frost for elemental spread.

Or just do everything with Ippon, wild card be damned.
>>
>>43746276
>>43746296
>>43746305
>>43746322
>>43746368
>>43746374
I feel this conversation will result in good decision making that can surely not go wrong.
>>
>>43746322
You want to shoot ourselves in the foot with the equivalent of a 50 cal machinegun bullet because they were mean to us and hurt our feelings...?
>>
>>43746404
clearly the real strategy is forcing everyone else in the party to git gud. Bonds of friendship are the true power yadda yadda YOU SHOW THEM CELESTE WHILE I HIDE IN THIS CORNER
>>
>>43746424
No, see, it actually benefits us. If we've got a fixed set of Personas, we can focus on only pursuing those Social Links that empower them. And since they won't be switching which Personas get the bonuses on us out of nowhere, all of them will go to the ones we have. It will give us a more powerful team for less work. More specialized, yes, but that's what we've got the rest of the party for.
>>
>>43746454
except we need to visit the Velvet room to sort out all the SL powerups
>>
>>43746454
>More specialized
The entire point of wild card is versatility.
>>
File: You can't tell me what to do!.png (2 MB, 650x935) Image search: [Google]
You can't tell me what to do!.png
2 MB, 650x935
>>43746446
It occurs to me: the squatters said they won the Room and all its attendant resources off Igor in a bet, right?

I wonder whether Takashi's much of a gambler? Or if not, whether we could make him one?
>>
>>43746470
No, those happen on their own when the Social Link levels.
>>
>>43746454
But half of Persona is THE POWER OF FRIENDSHIP... only focusing on a couple of Social Links would fuck us over in the end.
>>
>>43746480
We'll still be weak as hell and lose all access to higher tier personas. Power grinding our small team would still let Anyone with A rank persona blow us the fuck out.

>>43746494
this too.
>>
>>43746478
Pretty sure considering everything that's happened so far, Takashi's luck stat is absolute shit.
>>
>>43746480
right, just when a new persona becomes available.

I'm just afraid that if we leave the "new persona available" choice unresolved, further upgrades will be locked.
>>
>>43746515
>won competition despite only training for 2 days
I'd say he is lucky. Not sure if wild card is lucky or unlucky.
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>43746546
>>
Honestly, I don't think we have a choice in the matter. The Twins can pull us into the Velvet room whenever we go to sleep if they want to.
>>
File: Summoning1.png (115 KB, 1292x1105) Image search: [Google]
Summoning1.png
115 KB, 1292x1105
Bad news everyone. My sickness is getting worse. I've got a headache. I feel feverish and hot. It's becoming more and more difficult to write the words down.

I think we might have to call it quits here. I'm awfully sorry to everyone who stayed up late for this thread. But if I continue any further I'm at risk of ruining my own health. I really would like to continue, but my writing won't be as good and I feel like that would be a disservice to all of you.

This thread will count as Thread 23.5 instead of 24. I don't know when the next thread will be, but I recover fast so hopefully it'll be soon. I'll keep you all notified on Twitter.

As an apology, I've attached notes on AETHER summoning. You might need them for the next thread.

Once again, I'm sorry.
>>
>>43746566
Ah, but we DO have one choice: SWITCH ARCHANGEL WITH JACK FROST

>>43746573
oh dear
>>
>>43746573
Have a good night.
>>
>>43746546
>has to delve into a shithole filled with monster to save someone he barely knows just as exams are coming up
I guess it just varies. The name is Wild Card after all...

>>43746573
It's fine, man. Hope you get better.
>>
>>43746573
Hey its k boss, get better soon
>>
File: makoncerned.png (263 KB, 550x469) Image search: [Google]
makoncerned.png
263 KB, 550x469
>>43746573
>thorn getting too sick to write

Get well soon!
>>
>>43746573
That's fine, Thorn. Go get some sleep, rest up, and feel better.
>>
>>43746573
A whole week for summon cooldown huh
>>
>>43746573
>Make a chainmail out of summon objects
>>
>>43746573
RIP Thorn, we will miss you.
>>
>>43746573
Posumudi
But seriously, get better, TT.
>>
>>43746987
He's sick, not poisoned, he should visit the teacher in the school with mystery potion.
>>
>>43747147
In SMTIV Posumudi cured the Sick status too cut me some slack
>>
>>43743391
><chocolat_orange> >:O never!!!!
HAH!
>>
>>43746573
Get better soon.

I also recognize where you pulling inspiration for the guide from. It's been a while since I read it.
>>
>>43749529
Where is it from?
Thread replies: 136
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.