[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shit you've overheard in your FLGS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 24
File: tumblr_nm4z70dTq31rba901o1_500.jpg (92 KB, 493x627) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nm4z70dTq31rba901o1_500.jpg
92 KB, 493x627
>>It's a casters world, baby. Martials just live in it.
>>
File: ralph.jpg (202 KB, 452x723) Image search: [Google]
ralph.jpg
202 KB, 452x723
>Welcome to fucking Ralph Waldo Emerson's D&D campaign.
>>
>>43742657
>you had a good game, but we both know you could never beat me
From the lips of a 400lbs hambeast while he played a 10 year old kid in a game of go fish while waiting for the kids dad and the beasts friend to finish a game of 40k.
>>
>By the rules, the railgun on my Hammerhead is able to shoot down your drop pods
>>
File: batsmile.jpg (9 KB, 309x270) Image search: [Google]
batsmile.jpg
9 KB, 309x270
>>43742695
Explain?
>>
>>43742765

The DM said something along the lines of "You can see the nighttime stars at night quite clearly and beautifully lit up, far from the smog and light pollution of the modern world."

The line was a player's response to this.
>>
>>43742657
>"It's not a game in which you can run around killing 10-year-olds."
>>
>>43742721
He was probably just joking around with the kid.
>>
File: 1445200251534.jpg (31 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1445200251534.jpg
31 KB, 640x640
>>43742814

I wonder if that player was also aware Emerson spent that time in the woods running through the trees pretending to be a wolf and eating any small animal that he caught in his garden.
>>
>>43742863
Are we talking about Emerson or Thoreau?
>>
>>43742862
Knowing the guy and his friend, he wasn't.

He has been thrown out of the store for being a shit to kids and once showing up with a real gun as part of a costume party. This was just the most recent thing I've seen him do.
>>
>>43742876

Ah fuck, I got them mixed up.

Walden Pond was Thoreau's narrative; Emerson just owned the cabin Thoreu stayed in.

Been like five years since I read it. Thoreau still did that shit though.
>>
>>43742927
Thoreau was c r a z y.
>>
This will instantly out me to any of my friends who might be on /tg/ buuuut...

Playing MtG with friends, group of dudes playing GURPS at the table behind us. After a 5-10 min car chase scene in which the GM did all the sound effects the heroes decide to wind down at a brothel. GM says the following legendary line:
>You nut...
>(pauses to roll a fistful of dice)
>9 times.
>>
>>43742984

I only remember bits and pieces, but I do distinctly recall a lengthy discussion on the merits of large pumpkins.
>>
File: 1330870918239.png (83 KB, 334x393) Image search: [Google]
1330870918239.png
83 KB, 334x393
>>43743017
>>
>>43743017
Ok but for real, who plays with these sperglords?

>HURHURHUEHUEHURRDURR
> u make cum hehehDUHURR
>n-n... n-ni... n-n-NINE TIMES
>AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA
>*wheeze*
>HOHOHOHEHEHEHE

like what's the fucking point of even going there? It's not even remotely close to humorous, clever, plot-relevant, interesting, or anything remotely redeemable.

What kind of fuck rolls and tells another dude about how he buys a bunch of times. How fucking autistic do you have to be?

I realize I'm getting unreasonably irritated by this type of person, but FUCK
>>
>>43743155
>buys
Nuts

Auto-incorrect strikes again
>>
>"No, you don't get to act in the surprise round, you're too busy raping the whore."
>>
>>43743155

Yeah I dunno. To this day it's a common in-joke among my gaming friends when rolling a large handful of dice, but we only ever say it at the privacy of the kitchen table for fear of someone possibly thinking we are serious.

I also don't know what to say about the kind of person who would say it in total earnest. These guys were your stereotypical low-hygiene, high-angst turbo nerds though. Probably between the ages of 18 and 25. All I can tell you is that from what I remember everyone at the table seemed REALLY into it. They all thought it was fun/funny and no one looked uncomfortable.
>>
>>43742984
He was also a total fraud and social parasite.

When he talks about living out in nature in Pond, he was living right down the road from his mothers house, where he could (and did) go to shower, shave, and eat whenever he truly felt like it.

He also decided to sit around in jail, on the taxpayers dollar, because he didn't want to pay his taxes, oblivious to the irony of the situation.
>>
>>43743155
>>43743279
If the dudes were having fun and weren't intruding on other people's fun, who fucking cares?

This honestly sounds pretty fucking innocuous compared to a lot of the shit i've seen personally, and seen posted here. It would probably make me roll my eyes and crack a few jokes if I were there for it, but holy fuck you sound like the biggest stick in the goddamn mud.
>>
>>43742657
Is that in yorts or yorts
>>
>Pathfinder is a great game. I really recommend it.
>>
>>43743643
>DM how high does the sky go up
>DM sighs
>I don't know, rolling for the science
>>
>I'm glad all the Magic players are leaving this shop, now we can play Vanguard in peace
>>
>>43742657

>Why did we haul the ladders over the rooftops? Couldn't we have just leaned them up against the building we wanted to get into?
>>
>>43743845
Isn't that a line from the Elenium?
>>
>>43743536

Wasn't the tax he refused to pay a poll tax? The ethics of those have always been questionable at best.

Plus Walden was written in what, the 1850s? I can guarantee you very little tax money was put in the prison systems back then. It wasn't like what they are now.
>>
>>43743909

That's actually why I remembered it, over the general din of conversation at the LGS.

I don't know if their DM was either making an intentional call-out, or just some kind of convergent ridiculousness, but yeah, it does remind you of that, doesn't it?
>>
>>43743824
Isn't that game dead as fuck due to distribution problems?
>>
>>43742843
0/10 years old
wouldn't play
>>
>>43743155
I dunno, when you're shooting the shit with friends while playing tabletop, it can be hilarious. Doing it at the FLGS tho? Ech.
>>
>>43745033
Dead as Dillinger.
>>
>>43745033
no but it still isn't quite healthy. Though were getting alot of former yu-gi-oh players though.
>>
>>43745784
no thats buddyfight
>>
>>43744776
That's maybe word-for-word what Kurik asks.
Also, the award-winner for Most Pointless Death.
>>
I remember this one because of the people rather than the content.

>Little kid, maybe 8 or 9 years old, sitting in a chair with the Space Wolves Codex propped up on his lap.
"Is it normal for Dreadnoughts to be Chapter Masters?"

>Across the room, a big biker dude, (leather jacket, bandanna, etc.), browsing the 40K section
Laughs and says "Only if they're Space Wolves kid."
>>
File: Iplayed40k.jpg (64 KB, 460x480) Image search: [Google]
Iplayed40k.jpg
64 KB, 460x480
>>43742657
>Shit you've overheard in your FLGS

>Game begins:
"BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!"
>He moves a unit:
>He shoots with a unit:
>He charges with a unit:
>He is assaulted:
>He manages to destroy a unit:
>One of his units gets destroyed:
>He wins an objective:
>He loses an objective:
>He ends his turn:
>He begins his next turn:
>The game ends in either a win, loss, or draw:

Playing a Chaos army (especially a Khorne themed army) is optional. Sometimes others will join in the chant, too.
>>
>is that a north easterly breeze?
Whenever people start salting out.
>>
was in the store with my girlfriend at the time, looking at some 40k stuff. A group of butter golems not too far away were discussing how useless women were in movies unless they show their tits. Then of course my girlfriend never wanted to go to the store with me again.
>>
>>43746093
>is that a north easterly breeze?

I don't get it.
>>
>>43745998
That sounds absolutely adorable.
>>
>>43746119
That is the direction of breeze which blows in from over the ocean, i.e. a salt breeze.
>>
>>43746119

New Englanders probably.
>>
>>43743017
A reference to the end of this sketch?
https://vimeo.com/39114507
>>
>>43743603
>"If the dudes were having fun and weren't intruding on other people's fun, who fucking cares?"
>2015
>still thinking fun is subjective

Try to keep up, anon.
>>
File: DreddIsDisgusted.png (112 KB, 234x234) Image search: [Google]
DreddIsDisgusted.png
112 KB, 234x234
>>43746398
>>
>>43746428
Isn't that just judge dredd's normal face?
>>
File: dreddpose_1024.jpg (88 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
dreddpose_1024.jpg
88 KB, 1024x768
>>43746458
Nope, see how his upper lip curls and reveals his teeth? That means he's disgusted, instead of just Frowning like in pic related.
>>
>>43746428
>>43746458
>>43746486
>>43746518
>samefagging dreddshit

You sure showed me. :)
>>
>>43743603
It was in public, you nigger. If you're going to be a juvenile cocksuck that can't manage to figure out the structure of a joke, then I feel bad for you, but at least leave it at the kitchen table.
>>
File: Judge Dredd - Sentences.png (750 KB, 534x1453) Image search: [Google]
Judge Dredd - Sentences.png
750 KB, 534x1453
>>43746614
So is this now a dredd thead?
>>
>>43746428
>>43746458
>dredd disgust face

Looks more like the 'dat ass' face.
>>
>>43747202

Dredd doesn't have a Dat Ass face. Several female judges over the years have exhaustively researched this.

Much to at least one undercover Judges immense amusement.
>>
>>43747126
Totally thought that said "10 years for jumping"
>>
>>43745677

Yeah, that sounds like a joke I'd hear someone crack at the kitchen table. At the FLGS is something else entirely.

Maybe there was a specific mechanical bonus related to how many times you get off that was very important to convey.
>>
>>43746046
You sound like an asshole.
>>
>>43745998
kek. Bringing em up right.
>>
>>43746095
>butter golems
kek
>>
>>43745833
A few ygo players in my shop said they were going to try it out because they didn't like the mana system of magic and were sick of the stupid speed to ygo

I don't know what happened because my lgs closed down
>>
>>43748064
well in my lgs at least half of the ygo players switched to Vanguard including me

and the place gets product regularly, and depending on the day you might see more people playing Vanguard than ygo
>>
>>43748064
personally i think buddyfight is a well designed game for the most part, the meta is a bit off right now though.
>>
File: image.jpg (102 KB, 288x798) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102 KB, 288x798
>>43743279
>They all thought it was fun/funny and no one looked uncomfortable.
>>
>>43750692
>that guy's face
I wish I could be half so happy as this man.
>>
>>43742916
>showing up with a real gun as part of a costume party.

Why do people do this?

Why do people treat guns like fucking toys?

I swear to god, it wouldn't surprise me if most deaths by guns were just by people being stupid.
>>
>>43746095
Stop visiting the store with your mum anon.
>>
>>43747248
>female judges

Well there's your problem.
>>
"I remember when I was younger, I fucked bitches while drinking and playing Yu-Gi-Oh."

This was said by a 12 year old.
>>
>>43751101
>Why do people treat guns like fucking toys?

Because they're portrayed as toys?
>>
>>43751302
He's just remembering his anime as fuck past life.
>>
File: I wish this was an exaggeration.jpg (505 KB, 1600x1103) Image search: [Google]
I wish this was an exaggeration.jpg
505 KB, 1600x1103
>>43751101
>Why do people treat guns like fucking toys?

No idea. It's not like they're being painted like toys and sold to children.
>>
>>43746855
They seem happy and you seem mad about it
Remind me as to which of you is the neckbeard here
>>
>>43751671
>.22
>A gun
Can't even pierce denim jeans

Also, you know you want the Teen Dreem designer pistol.
>>
>>43751723
What if it hit flesh as opposed to jeans?

I honestly have no idea how much damage that would do, if at all.
>>
>>43751671
>.22

She could probably do more damage to someone by throwing a sharp rock.
>>
>>43751671
Kids who grow up with guns learn respect for them. It's adults who have never been around them and don't have trigger discipline and a healthy respect for the weapon drilled into them who do dumb shit and get hurt.
>>
>>43751748
Joking aside, .22 can kill just fine. Hollow tip .22s can be more effective than larger caliber non-mushroomers, even.
>>
>>43751747
It's a /k/ meme, don't worry. .22 will infact pierce denim jeans, and do an... Acceptable amount of damage, for the size of the round? Most, if not all bullets hurt quite a bit nonetheless.

>>43751761
Yes, what this anon said
>>
>>43751723
>>43751748

Not the point here. Its a culture thing. Yes, a .22 is not a very powerful weapon, but the reason people treat guns as toys here is that we raise our children to do so.

The actual combat-readiness of the gun wielded by a little girl is irrelevant. You've still given a gun to a little girl and said, "have fun".
>>
>>43747656
I guess pointing out that beating a meme to death IRL is kind of annoying makes you an asshole.
>>
File: Itasha-10-lexus[1].jpg (584 KB, 1167x778) Image search: [Google]
Itasha-10-lexus[1].jpg
584 KB, 1167x778
>>43751671
Not the only potentially deadly weapon that gets painted ridiculously.

Its all about respecting the power you hold in your hands.
>>
>>43751778
I dunno Anon. I mean, I'm no expert, never handled a gun before or anything, but I think >>43751751 might have a point.
>>
>>43751796
yeah and there's another example of something where most of the deaths resulting from it likely come from

> just by people being stupid
>>
>>43751778
Guns are fun though. Removing the mystique of guns and teaching proper safety is good, if this girl ever finds a gun at a friend's house she'll know not to touch it because she knows about them from real life, not from hollywood or videogames.
>>
>>43743536
I don't think the dude ever claimed to be living a life of utter solitude and self sufficiency. And his writing and thinking has helped make the modern world a bit less hellish.

Why don't you read a fucking book nigger
>>
>>43751778
>The actual combat-readiness of the gun wielded by a little girl is irrelevant. You've still given a gun to a little girl and said, "have fun".

She's wearing ear protection. I actually grew up in the country, where we were allowed to go out hunting in shotguns by ourselves when we were pre-teens, and we never wore hearing or sat on pads protection, but we were drilled on gun safety.

Basically, what I'm saying is that any parent who is responsible enough to suggest hearing protection and a pad to kneel on is also responsible enough to teach their kids how not to treat a gun like a toy.

She's probably not just being given a gun and told to "have fun". She's likely on a firing range and has undergone more actual instruction than most anyone else in this thread.
>>
>>43751751
Kids with parents that give a damn know how to respect guns. My parents don't own guns and liberal as hell but even they made sure that I went down to the family farm and learned how to handle a firearm.

It's guys who either think they're toys or idiots who are too terrified to actually see what they're shooting at that cause most of the unintentional gun injuries. Like that guy who shot blindly into a dark room and blasted his teenage son who was coming in late.
>>
>>43751863
>It's guys who either think they're toys or idiots who are too terrified to actually see what they're shooting at that cause most of the unintentional gun injuries. Like that guy who shot blindly into a dark room and blasted his teenage son who was coming in late.

Personally, I find the idea of keeping a loaded firearm around the house to use on another human to be a catastrophe in the making.

As far as I'm concerned, civilian firearms are for hunting or shooting on a range.
>>
>>43751877
>Personally, I find the idea of keeping a loaded firearm around the house to use on another human to be a catastrophe in the making.

t. person in a respectable upper-high class suburban neighborhood who has never endured any real hardship, witnessed crime firsthand, or felt unsafe in their own home.

Thanks for joining us tonight Dianne.
>>
Lets get this thread back on topic:
>Shit you've overheard in your FLGS

Table playing M&M:
DM: You see a mugger robbing an old lady
P1: I jump from the balcony and dive on the mugger
*rolls*
DM: You fell on the old lady!
>>
>>43751885
>t. person in a respectable upper-high class suburban neighborhood who has never endured any real hardship, witnessed crime firsthand, or felt unsafe in their own home.

Or a black guy from a rural southern Mississippi/central Texas who has seen more people injured by guns owned by themselves/friends/family than by some random robber/shooter.

The only time I've ever "successfully" seen a gun fired in self defense was when a guy tried to hold up a restaurant I was in. The guy behind the counter pulled out a gun and started firing, chased the guy out of the building, and continued firing at him as he ran down the sidewalk.
>>
>>43751303
By fucking who? Even ghetto hood niggers don't treat real guns as toys.
>>
>>43751761
>can be
>can
>using weasel words in 2015
Sure buddy, under what circumstances?
>>
>>43751778
>You've still given a gun to a little girl and said, "have fun".
Who has? Who has done this thing? Who has just given a girl a fun and told her to have fun? It wasn't any of us. It wasn't anyone in the pictured girl's life -- she's on a range with proper protection with a proper gun for her age, and clearly being supervised. So tell me, you ridiculous dumbass, who is performing this action you are denouncing? Besides your own strawman, in case that wasn't clear to you, retard.
>>
>No, you can't grapple the boar
>player 1: Why not?
>Because I do not want spend another 10 minutes looking up the grapple rules. For fucks' sakes - if you want to catch that boar, I'd gladly magically give your sword the +5 merciful enchantment than to pore over fucking grapple rules.
>>
>>43751912
So you're blaming your friends and family's stupidity on the guns rather than on themselves. Guns don't turn people into crazy murder machines you stupid nigger. If they're dumb enough to shoot themselves or their friends or family then it's not the gun's fault. And you can take your belief that people should not have guns to protect themselves, turn it sideways, and ram it straight up your lose fuckboi asshole. Thank God you aren't in any position of power or there'd be a lot more break-ins and robberies going on. Stop being so afraid of guns, Jesus Christ.
>>
>your blue guide and his green twin clasp hands and transform into a slightly taller purple character
>but blue and green don't make purple!
>cue half an hour discussion on color mixing
>>
File: cincentnhappe.gif (47 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
cincentnhappe.gif
47 KB, 320x240
>>43743216
>>"No, you don't get to act in the surprise round, you're too busy raping the whore."
>>
>>43751968
It's far easier to shoot friends/family/yourself if you have a gun in the house than if you don't, though. Accidentally or otherwise.
>>
>>43751885
>felt unsafe in their own home
If you feel unsafe in your own home, you have bigger problems than owning or not a gun mate.
In a proper first world country civilians would never feel the need to own a gun for safety.
>>
>>43751968
No, but they turn to the same idiots who are now armed with lethal weapons.

Also you fucking Americans would have less robberies if you actually wouldn't whine about every cent of taxes and would spend it on some fucking welfare. Your penis replacement boom-boom toys don't help anybody and you still jerk off about the off-cases when someone got scared off by a gun until you are semi-concious from MUH CONSTITUTION MUH RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS.
If you want everybody and their mother to own guns, do so. But at least don't cry how that's supposed to keep anybody safe while the opposite is true and the whole world is laughing at you.
>>
>>43752025
And in a proper third world country it wouldn't help you.
>>
>>43752026
Either welfare or lower taxes for the poor guys so that they can improve their living standards and spend more, thus boosting the economy.
>>
>>43751968

Shit happens- even with people trained in the use of firearms. Hell, it's more likely to happen than the often than a situation where one successfully shoot that home invader who would have killed you otherwise.

So, if given the choice, I don't personally consider it worth the risk.

Not that I don't think other people can't keep loaded guns in their homes. It's their home. They can weigh the risks themselves.
>>
>>43751968
>Laws should be made as if nobody was an idiot
>>
>>43752047
They also end up shooting petty criminals who may not be the nicest people, but seriously, letting people kill everybody they perceive as slightly threatening?
>>
>>43747126

I always love that table. No death penalty in Mega City One, even for Treason.

Of course, the 1-5 for Resisting Arrest assumes you'll survive
>>
>>43751747
Depends on distance. Effective range for a 9mm is around 4 times as much as a .22 unless its LR which is seriously shitty considering the bullets size and speed. At a football fields distance it might actually be stopped by denim.
>>
>>43752025
>In a proper first world country civilians would never feel the need to own a gun for safety.
That wouldn't be first world, that would be utopia.
>>
>>43752100
>never heard of Europe
>>
>>43752129
Didn't dozens of unarmed French people just get slaughtered by gun wielding terrorists last week?
>>
I want to point out to non-Americans, particularly Europeans whose wilderness has been tamed for centuries, that there are still quite a lot of potentially-dangerous wild animals in North America. Particularly outside of and on the outskirts of larger cities. It's not always to protect ourselves from people, sometimes it's to protect ourselves from nature.

That said, I'm a city boy who spent most of his life in the suburbs of one of the five largest cities in the USA, so I'm not an expert on that.
>>
>>43747126

Kook Cube? Futsie Murder?
>>
>>43752175
don't dozens of americans get shot by gun wielding maniacs on a monthly basis?
>>
>>43752191
Futsie - you know, a victim of Future Shock.
Someone who cant handle living in "the future" and therefore goes nuts and starts killing people.

Kook Cube - an iso cube for the mentally deranged.
>>
>>43752175
First of all, >>43752192 that. And terrorists will always be able to up the game. If they for some reason were scared of all the guns at a metal concert (where well, all guns would be a terrible safety hazard and would be checked in at the entrance), they could just bring in some explosives. So at least they needed to import their weapons across half Europe (some of which got stopped).

If you need an object to feel safe because you cannot assess risks, just buy a fucking crucifix.
>>
>>43752192
Depends on exactly what you mean by "gun wielding maniacs." If you mean anyone who uses a gun with the intent to kill someone else, then that number is probably significantly higher than a dozen.

But.

Outlawing gun sales wouldn't stop a large number of that sort of death, because a lot of guns aren't sold lawfully in thee first place.
>>
>>43752228

Thanks.

That's...honestly pretty kind.

Man, it's bad when Dread is actually something that sounds good on a topic (In this case, having proper treatment for people with mental issues)
>>
>>43752242
>Solitary confinement
>proper treatment for people with mental issues
>>
>>43752242
I'm with>>43752247
An iso cube isn't a pleasant thing. Also one of the big things about Dredd is that human life is cheap.
Go back and look at that chart, I mean importation of sugar gets you way more time than murder.
>>
>>43751747

Distance and Location. At close ranges, a .22 Round that enters the chest can actually bounce around inside the ribcage, and cause incredible amounts of damage for its small size.

A marine friend of mine argues it is a very good choice for a self-defense arm because of it.
>>
>>43752240
>Outlawing gun sales wouldn't stop a large number of that sort of death, because a lot of guns aren't sold lawfully in thee first place.

Most of those "gun wielding maniacs" acquire their weapons legally. They don't bother going through black market or back alley channels to get their hands on some smuggled rifle or shotgun. They just go to a department store or look in their own/parents' closet.

Seriously, it's Mexico that rally has to worry about illegal guns pouring across the border from the US.
>>
>>43752240
But it lower the number of laws on the market. Look how in countries with not terribad gun laws there are way fewer gun crimes.

>>43752182
This is a very good point. Still, the pro-gun arguments are somehow always MUH PROPERTY and BUT THE THUGS and not "I need something to scare a bear or bobcat off"
>>
>>43752275
>They just go to a department store or look in their own/parents' closet.
I think you're just looking at the highly publicized mass shootings and not realizing that's really just a tiny portion of gun deaths. A teenage psychopath in a trenchcoat gets all the media attention, but inner-city gangbangers kill more people. At least, as a group.

>>43752281
>Look how in countries with not terribad gun laws there are way fewer gun crimes.
Career criminals with the connections to get illegal guns will still get illegal guns. Non-organized criminals will probably use other weapons they're more likely to get their hands on, like knives.
>>
>>43752317
>Career criminals with the connections to get illegal guns will still get illegal guns. Non-organized criminals will probably use other weapons they're more likely to get their hands on, like knives.

Well, yeah. There aren't that many "career criminals" around, especially ones "with proper connections". Well, at least in countries with not a completely fucked up justice system. And even these tend to use their guns way less often if shooting a gun is something exceptional.
>>
>>43752340
>Well, at least in countries with not a completely fucked up justice system.

Part of me is of the opinion that no such place exists after hearing about the pedophile rings in the UK's ruling class.
>>
>>43752340
>There aren't that many "career criminals" around

You are very, very wrong.
>>
>>43752351
The keyword is "completely". Since I am a political activist and SJW or at least I try I have quite a bit to say about the justice and law system even in Germany, which is admittedly better than 95% of the world.
>>
>>43747656
He sounds like he's playing age of sigmar.
>>
>>43752182
>Particularly outside of and on the outskirts of larger cities. It's not always to protect ourselves from people, sometimes it's to protect ourselves from nature.
Dude, we have boars chilling in our streets.
>>
>>43752365
a) depends on your definition of "that many"
b) depends on country
c) most of them commit not physically violent crimes
d) even those whose career is physically threatening other people don't actually need a gun most of the time.
>>
File: 2015-mass-shootings.jpg (75 KB, 788x902) Image search: [Google]
2015-mass-shootings.jpg
75 KB, 788x902
>>43752240
Mass shooting IIRC starts at 4+.
>>
>>43751671
Not a gun owner here, but that kid already looks safer and more likely responsible than a fair number of owners.
Ear and eye guards to start with.
>>
>>43752240
How many people ever respond to a mass shooting by pulling out their own guns and returning fire? Off the top of my head the Boston shootings at the cinema didn't take any return fire.
>>
>>43751671
Kids with guns
Kids with guns
Takin' Over
They won't be long
They're mesmerised
Skeletons
Kids with Guns
Kids with Guns
>>
>Age of Sigmar has superior aesthetics
>>
>>43752426
I have to admit I WOULD kinda enjoy the irony of the first mass shooting on an NRA gathering.
>>
>>43752426
I'd say it almost never happens. I do seem to recall hearing that someone that was conceal carrying when that politician was shot in Arizona a few years ago almost shot the wrong person in the chaos.
>>
>>43751828
ease up fella, he was nuts
lots of people are
lots of people think they arent.
>>
>>43751778
Ear guards.
Eye guards.
Appropriately sized weapon.
Supervising adult by the angle of the shot holding the camera.

There are many examples in the world of irresponsible gun use and a fair few involving children.
This is not one of them.

If you are a parent intent on teaching your child to shoot, this is what it should look like.

The idea of guns being sized for children and made appealing to them isn't one I'm comfortable with either, but I'd rather see it done the way depicted here than otherwise if it's something that's going to happen.
>>
>>43752426
Because just because the Second Amendment allows you to OWN and OPERATE guns doesn't mean you're always allowed to carry guns wherever you please in the United States. Lots of states restrict how and where you can carry your guns.

Hell, in Texas, the state that's basically the 'Murrica of 'Murrica, it isn't actually legal to openly carry a handgun in a holster, though legislation to do so has been passed and will go into effect January 1st.
>>
>>43752025
i don't think you understand how countries become first world without some sort of general equalizer of power between person x and y regardless of physical prowess.
>>
>>43752438
It would take this happening for them to admit there's a problem
>>
>>43752486
That's called a civil society, mate.
also
>thinking physical prowess is the the great power divide
>in the US
(Ok, I admit, it's not like wealth, race, gender etc weren't a cause for discrimination elsewhere, in the US it's just more prominent)
>>
>>43752182
Of course, Europe has no boars, no bears, no wolves, no chimps, no rural towns, no little roads.
>>
>>43752459
So the only place where you are likely to have it, is in your very own home.
Which brings us back to
>If you don't feel safe in your own home, you have problems that probably aren't solved by owning a gun
>>
>>43752459
Second Amendment made a whole lot of sense with muskets, I'd make a good argument for handguns, but the arguments for the majority of what they're talking about really fall flat in my opinion.
>>
>>43752459
But mass shootings also happen in states with allowed carry and concealed carry, don't they?
>>
>>43752521
Aren't most firearm murders in the US done with handguns?
>>
>>43752517
And to be honest, if the problems can't be solved by owning a gun then they can't be solved by outlawing guns.

The whole gun debate is misguided. More money should be put into social welfare programs.
>>
>>43752443
>>43752438
One can only imagine the resultant firefight happening.

>>43752459
I know you're not the other guy but isn't it disingenuous to mention the Paris shootings as a reason for gun armament when even in the US it doesn't seem to stop mass shootings?
>>
>>43752182
Deer and boars are very common, even in middle Europe, and they will fuck your shit up if you run into them.
Carrying some sort of self-denfse tool if you're regularly running around in the woods is reasonable. But nobody doubted that.
>>
>>43752508
wealth division inflates all the other ones, and the divide is a whole lot more than most people realize
>>
I'd love to spend more time in my FLGS to get more anecdotes like this, but the rancid smell of body odour tends to make me just want to grab stuff and leave.

Would it kill the owner to get some diffusers or whatever?
>>
>>43752524
It's not an either-or choice. While you are generally right in that it's way more important.
>>
>>43752521
iirc the most commonly used criminal weapon is a certain .38 snubnose revolver. The other top 10 are various semi-automatic pistols revolvers, and 1 shotgun.
>>
>>43752530
I can only imagine the poor mass shooter coming with a HIGH CAPACITY ASSAULT WEAPON and 30 bullets, but there'd still somehow be 50+ deads.
>>
>>43751101
No the vast majority are gang violence followed by suicides.

>>43751671
Well that is just adorable.
>>
>>43752516
But you used to have fucking lions. We still have our big cats. And to be honest your bears are pretty wimpy compared to grizzlies.

Compared to parts of the US, Europe has really made nature its bitch. And that's to be expected, given how "Western civilization" operates in regards to nature and how much longer it's been going on over there.
>>
>>43752517
In truth, huge numbers of Americans carry concealed firearms and staisticly are very, very unlikely to kill anyone, or even need to use them in self defense.

>>43752523
Handguns are by far the most common weapons used in firearm related attacks, at more then 80% of all assaults and homicides.

Most aren't even good guns. Rather then ban 'assault weapons' and 10,000 dollar automatic rifles it seems that it would be easier to prevent murder and suicide by outlawing all guns that cost less then $200, as they account for almost all attacks. (Legal machine guns, after the NFA, have NEVER been used in a murder.)
>>
>>43752524
I completely agree on it being misguided, and the concern of if you make guns legal to carry everywhere, you can't start taking measures until they start shooting. If it's illegal to have a gun in an area, and you see a gun, you can get authorities involved immediately.
>>
>>43752524
Outlawing something so widespread doesn't work anyway, especially not in 'murrica.
What would be a lot more reasonable would be a step by step program of restricting the ownership so not every retard can get one, and building up a system to ensure that gun owners KNOW how to properly handle them.
Among lot's of other things that need to be done in Freedomland, of course. Outlawing guns isn't magically going to unfuck 'murricas shit like some people seem to believe.
>>
>>43752530
>One can only imagine the resultant firefight happening.
It's not like mass shooters do their thing with any hope or plan to come out alive. The potential shooter would still be able to get some shots off (and probably quite a a few, if he ain't dumb)

>>43752532
…I don't get it. Are you agreeing? Are you disagreeing? If the latter, then with which point?
>>
>>43752554
>If it's illegal to have a gun in an area, and you see a gun, you can get authorities involved immediately.

If you can see a gun where it isn't legal to have have, you probably won't have more than a couple seconds before the shooting starts.
>>
>>43752551
Sure, you could spend $20,000 on a .50 BMG Barrett, but I reckon you'd cause more chaos by handing out $20,000 dollars of snubnoses like candy.

>>43752559
I remember briefly wandering into /k/ and noticed people who object to even having the government tell them how to use their guns.
>>
>>43752559
>Outlawing guns isn't magically going to unfuck 'murricas shit like some people seem to believe.
Perhaps not, but it would be a step in the right direction. Look at Australia; put laws in place to restrict and regulate firearms afer a massacre in 1990 or something, and now gun related deaths are down to 0.9 per 100,000 or something, with a large percentage of those being suicides.
>>
>>43752523
>>43752541
not saying that they aren't, just on what I think on the matter

>>43752551
this is a very good point though, very very difficult to deal with, but what isn't when it comes to talking about gun laws?
>>
>>43752566
Eh, I'm pretty rural. I've had plenty of times when I've had to tell people they can't walk across my land carrying a rifle, that they can't shop in the supermarket carrying a rifle, and that they can't open carry on school grounds.

The guy in the market has my sympathy though. He didn't want to leave the gun in the truck with his dog.
>>
>>43752025
>>43752026
I live in a perfectly fine first world country were guns are rigidly regulated. In a pretty good part of town, even.
I allways go around with a swiss knife since it's better than nothing and litteraly the one thing my country lets me have.
I Have Had to show it to deter people from hurting me or my friends; up to Now it was enought but it won't be for long.
>>43752340
I can litteraly get out of my house right Now, meet my block's Friendly Romanian Merchant and but a gun for less than 1000€ on the spot.
I'm not a career criminal, i'm not anyone in particular. I Just happen to know a Friendly Romanian Mercant.
If i wanted to murder someone, none of your laws would even slow me down.
And This is not going to change,ever, because even if you catch Friendly Romanian Merchant there, there's 300 in Romania waiting to take his place.
I go around with a swiss knife because i don't want to commit a crime that in the end of my country would make me worse than the friendly merchant and my aggressor.
>>
>>43752564
I'm agreeing, no real point though. just bored and on a nightshift sleep schedule. Frankly just glad that /tg/ can have a civil conversation with differing views on a very tough subject.
>>
>>43752438
You are a twisted piece of shit you know that? What the fuck is wrong with you?

Do you think normal people who don't want their rights restricted because of the actions of criminals and crazy people DESERVE to be shot?
>>
>>43752575
>and now gun related deaths are down to 0.9 per 100,000
And what about their general violent crimes related deaths?
It Just means it's harder to smug illegal firearms in Australia than in europe, man.
>>
>>43752575
>Look at Australia
The draconian restrictions on personal firearm ownership in Australia seem to have had no meaningful effect on violent crime or suicide rates.
>>
>Know shit all about firearms, or foreign firearm laws/policies
>Browse /tg/ catalog
>See thread about interesting/funny shit heard in your FLGS
>"Hey, that could be interesting"
>Read the thread

I have no idea what the hell any of you are talking about. Is there a reason things are getting so heated?
>>
>>43752601
think the key part of the situation is 'enjoy the irony', something like schadenfreude. he didn't say he wants it to happen. for me, I probably wouldn't give that more than a 'well that's interesting, wonder if any change will come now that's happened'
>>
>>43752601
I think that people who are willing to endanger the lives and wellbeing of everybody around them because they don't want to give up their favourite pacifier with no other reason than MUH FREEDUM could get a taste of their own medicine. It's not like the shooter wouldn't be one of them.
On the other hand, the pain and loss of life would sadden me and I don't actually wish them harm. I just so happen to have different personality facets with different opinions on the matter.
>>
>>43752620
This is actually surprisingly civil for a gun debate.
>>
>>43752620
Not really seeing this as heated, just /tg/ going off the rails as per usual.
>>
>>43752620
One guy i know was shot by someone that wanted to rob him once. The criminal missed and he shot back with his legally held firearm, incapacitating him. The criminal was sent to the hospital and treated at taxpayers expenses, the guy is still in prison 2 years after the fact.
There are perfectly rational reasons for this argument to get heated.
>>
Why do people become such a huge fan of the government and authoritarian, pointless laws when the issue is guns. Does the idea of a normal person owning a weapon offend you that much?
>>
>>43752601
Take the fleshlight out of your M32's barrel.
>>
>>43752647
The guy was in prison, not the criminal?
>>
>>43752620

In the US, especially, there's a very strong culture of personal firearm ownership and the belief that a person has the right and responsibility to protect themselves and the people near them, if possible. These people tend to be passionate about this, and have disproportionately effective voting trends because they are 'single issue', that is, they will vote for whomever has the better record on protecting the right to own firearms.

There is also the problem that for reasons that are poorly understood the overall rate of violent crime has decreased tremendously, but lone-wolf, suicidal spree killers perform terrible rampages at a rate higher then the statistical average.*

Some people feel that personal firearm ownership is a pointless relic of a time past and that the US would be safer without it. They tend to feel that it's a matter of public safety and many are quite passionate about it.

*Don't believe the news. There's nothing new about a madman trying to kill as many people as he can until he's brought down. It's just a national news item every time it happens**

**To white people. "Mass Shootings" and "School Shootings" in minority areas, especially poor black areas, are almost never reported at the national level.
>>
>>43752649
Think it's the *not* normal people having guns that's the trouble. Thing is, how do you tell the difference?
>>
>>43752595
>swiss knife
You see the diffrence Between a swiss knife or some pepper spray and a fucking gun?

>I can litteraly get out of my house right Now, meet my block's Friendly Romanian Merchant and but a gun for less than 1000€ on the spot.
>I'm not a career criminal, i'm not anyone in particular. I Just happen to know a Friendly Romanian Mercant.
The career criminal part was something the other anon suggested. I have (iirc repeatedly) agreed with the fact that if you want a gun, illegally you will get your gun. This is the case all around the world and will be the case everywhere except in the wackiest police state. But the laws prevent guns from being a normalcy, so people think twice and thrice before acquiring or using one. And well, you yourself admit to it:
>I go around with a swiss knife because i don't want to commit a crime that in the end of my country would make me worse than the friendly merchant and my aggressor.

(btw, may I ask what country?)
>>
>>43752649
I live in New Zealand. It took me no more than a week to get an A category license, which covers all non-military, non-semi-automatic rifles and all non-military shotguns. The license process includes a safety seminar with written test, a background check with people you have chosen to vouch for you, and a check to see if you have a place to safely store your guns.

It's not hard.
>>
>>43752661
Are personal civilian firearms really that useful at protecting people from criminal shooters?
>>
>>43747629
Maybe they were playing fatal.
>>
>>43752659
Yes.
Self defence here means You can only shot and hit someone if he shots and hits you first. Contemplate this 5 minutes.
>>
>>43752379
>political activist and SJW

gas yourself
>>
>>43752673
>Country that outlaws Power Rangers being shown on TV

Discarded.
>>
>>43752640
So you are a piece of shit, got it.

Owning a gun does not 'endanger the lives and well-being of everybody around you'. They are practising their hobby in a way that does not affect you in the slightest.

Normal legal gun owners have no responsibility to surrender their rights to people like you, no matter what a tiny minority of crazy people do. And nobody who gave a shit about the rights of people would expect them to. Thinking its wrong to use freedom as an argument just makes you an authoritarian.

>It's not like the shooter wouldn't be one of them.

And now you are just being stupid. Explain how it would be a 'taste of their own medicine' anyway. Do you want people who own knives and never hurt people to get stabbed to teach them a lesson for owning those evil pointy instruments?

>>43752635
Moral people do not suddenly think restricting the rights of tens of millions of people is okay because something happened to them.
>>
>>43752649
There's a lot of potential reasons, but they all boil down to the belief that stricter gun laws will save lives. You can't really fault the intention.

I mean, in a perfect world nobody would feel the NEED to own a gun. They could enjoy shooting them, sure, but you don't need to OWN a gun to do that, you could go down to a gun range, rent something, and fire it at a target. Or go to a hunting ground and hunt rabbits or deer with a rented rifle. But you wouldn't need one of your own at home.
>>
>>43752681
I don't see any problem with that. Because I don't live in your country, and so it doesn't affect me.
>>
>>43752681
But that's clearly self-defense. He was being attacked.
>>
>>43752686
No need to be a dick because someone disagrees with you.

>>43752683
That goes double for you. Political activism in and of itself is not a bad thing, and he just might not be aware of the staggeringly stupid things SJWs do in the US. Like protest the right to free speech.
>>
>>43752687
were you summoned by the comments of "wow, this has been civil"?

Also, have you not noticed how the law making process works? There's a whole lot of "Doesn't happen to me, fuck em"
>>
>>43752652
Insulting someone for actually having a sense of morality unlike the anti-gun guy, classy.

>>43752673
That is not the point. You should not have to apply for permission and be on a database just to own or buy them.

>>43752670
The majority of gun crime in the US is illegally acquired pistols being used by gang members, it has no relevance to normal gun owners. And more people are beaten to death bare handed than shot by the sporting rifles the US government keeps going after by a huge margin.
>>
>>43752711
>the staggeringly stupid things SJWs do in the US
>Like protest the right to free speech.

Don't you mean idiots? How does protesting free speech relate to the concept of Social Justice they crusade under?
>>
>>43752686
>2015
>watching broadcast TV instead of just using the internet

Power rangers has been produced in NZ since Ninja Storm.

Dino Charge has the Black Ranger, the NZ ranger.
http://www.filmnz.com/news-features/new-power-rangers-season-propelled-by-new-zealand-talent
>>
>>43752678

We -think- so.

It's hard to tell. People legally carrying a concealed weapon are less likely to be assaulted, raped or robbed, slightly more likely to be shot, and significantly more likely to report tinnitus.

But correlation isn't causation. It's possible they face less problems because, as represented by going to the time and bother to carry a gun, they take personal defense seriously and are alert to danger.

For an example, at the 2011 shooting of Gabriel Giffords a civilian legally carrying a concealed weapon was one of the people to drag the shooter down and disable him..

But did so without ever drawing his weapon, the man having already been hit with a folding chair and tackled by a 74 year old retired Marine that had been shot.
>>
>>43752718
>That is not the point. You should not have to apply for permission and be on a database just to own or buy them.

Are you of the opinion that people shouldn't need licences to drive? Because those two things both require licences for the same reason.
>>
>>43752718
>You should not have to apply for permission and be on a database just to own or buy them.
Why not? You need a license for a car.

Air rifles can be bought without a license if you're over the age of 18 anyway.
>>
>>43752727
Oh yeah, I don't protest that it's been produced there, but at the same time, it's been banned from broadcasting due to it "promoting violent behaviour" or somesuch. I just think it's hilarious that you can't watch the show in the country it's produced.
>>
>>43752671
Yes i do; a swiss knife is completelly inadeguate and i'll probably end up stabbed myself one of these days because me having a gun would apparently be a hate crime or something.
>> I have (iirc repeatedly) agreed with the fact that if you want a gun, illegally you will get your gun.
So Why are You in favour of gun control then if You know it disarms only the potential victims?
You talk of normalcy, but to criminals it's still "normal" to go around with a gun.
Or a serrated knife more than a palm long (another illegal thing).
All things they can potentially use to murder my swiss knife wielding ass.
I comply to a stupid law because i'm not a criminal NOT because i accept guns shouldn't be the norm for some reason.
I'd MUCH RATHER walk around town without risking getting gutted but your equivalents here in italy were widely more succesfull than You in securing gun laws are so byzantine nobody gets one.
Kindly think it through.
>>
>>43752690
But that would be absurd. There is no actual reason people should not be allowed to own them or for people to not want to own them. In a 'perfect' world the government would not keep hassling normal people who have a hobby and nobody would have to put up with being assumed to be a potential killer because he likes guns.

>>43752712
Excuse me? I am being less civil than the psychopath who on some level thinks NRA members deserve to be shot?
>>
>>43752718
>it's perfectly alright for someone to own a gun without having a safe place to store it
>>
>>43752275
Only in us..
Check Swiss - even more guns per capita, least gun related crimes.
>>
>>43752737
He just wants to drag the conversation down to the yelling and mud flinging that usually accompanies this.
>>
>>43752737
You don't require a license to own a car or operate it on private property. The licencing requirement is to operate it on public roads.

And driving a car isn't a constitutionally protected right.

And every government that ever disarmed people started by requiring them to put their name on a list, along with where they lived and what weapons they had.
>>
>>43752740
That ban was lifted in 2011.

>>43752742
>italy
>being able to into guns

>>43752744
>NRA members deserve to be shot?
>NRA
>not deserving to be shot
They're a bunch of idiots that make normal gun-owners look bad.
>>
>>43752744
That's not what was said and you know it.
>>
>>43752758
The constitution was drafted up ages ago with vastly different reasoning to it, and applies to only one country. How on earth does it make your position any more tenable?

And that last bit's just paranoid.
>>
>>43752758
>And driving a car isn't a constitutionally protected right.
Neither is firing a gun. The Second allows you to own a gun, not to fire it, nor to own ammunition.
>>
>>43752737
>>43752738
Well for a start there is not a vocal group of society who thinks car owners are dangerous freaks who need to be dealt with. Nor do governments generally like to arbitrarily ban certain types of car for no good reason or try to progressively restrict their ownership. So there is no risk to car owners in that respect.

More to the point buying and shooting a gun on your own or someone else's property with permission is not the same as driving a car on public streets. You can drive whatever vehicle you like on your own land without any license, tax or insurance. Whereas in most states in the US where you can carry a gun in public you need a permit just like you need a license to drive on the roads.
>>
>>43752701
Nobody gave a shit.
You can shot and hit someone in self defense IF AND ONLY IF he shots and HITS you before that.
If he shots and MISS and then You shot and HIT you're the criminal.
It's crazy and i don't know how to expain it any more clearly.
>>43752693
Seems fair, americans voted Obama twice and i didn't give a shit either.
>>
>>43752752
True, but only because every single one of them is disciplined as all hell.
>>
>>43752742
I've never understood laws restricting knife blade lenth. A 3.5" blade isn't really less dangerous then a 4" blade and knives are extreamly common and useful tools. There's a million perfectly valid reasons to want to carry a good 4" lock blade knife you can open one handed, but they are illigal in a stupid number of places.

Of course, barrel shrouds, pistol grips and nunchucks are also illegal in a bunch of places. Politicians are fucking retarded.
>>
>>43752765
You see, a gun has this thing called range, which lets you hit things that are not on your land without leaving your land.

A car is a close-range weapon. A gun is not.
>>
>>43752774
But any context on that doesn't fit his narrative
>>
>>43752721
They want their safe spaces, free from "racism" and "sexism" and any ideas that they don't agree with.

You might think I'm exaggerating or I'm talking about shit that only happens on the internet, but it's a real thing happening at Yale and with the Black Lives Matter movement.

>>43752744
And you could still indulge your hobby without actually owning guns. Just like how people can indulge in their reading hobby by going to a library, or in their movie hobby with movie theatres and Redbox.
>>
>>43752778
>Politicians are fucking retarded.

And this is news to any of us how?
>>
>>43752760
>I think that people who are willing to endanger the lives and wellbeing of everybody around them because they don't want to give up their favourite pacifier with no other reason than MUH FREEDUM could get a taste of their own medicine

He is implying the NRA is full of dangerous people and that they need a taste of their own medicine.

>>43752759
Giving gun safety courses and trying to block every new stupid law is a good thing.
>>
>>43752791
>free from "racism" and "sexism" and any ideas that they don't agree with.

Pretty sure that's the beginnings of a dystopia, right there.
>>
>>43752618
It dropped their mass shootings rate to ~0 tho.
>>
>>43752759
>>italy
>>being able to into guns
Exactly my problem.
>>
>>43752788
And how often exactly do you think people sit on their own land with a rifle killing people outside of it?

>>43752791
So? That does not justify banning guns any more than it justifies banning books. Part of the hobby is collecting and maintaining the guns anyway so no you could not.

>>43752795
News to the people who trust them with this issue apparently.
>>
>>43752800
You are completely correct. They're literally advocating fascism and have their heads too far up their own asses to realize it themselves or to listen to anyone trying to inform them.

And I say that as a very left-leaning liberal who just so happens to largely be okay with guns.
>>
>>43752804
I guess You would Also argue that legalizing abortions was good because it eliminated illegal abortions...
>>
>>43752805
I was making a WW2 joke, anon. Italy were rather ineffectual.

>>43752796
>COULD get a taste of their own medicine
COULD and SHOULD are two very different words.
>>
>>43752817
Yes.
>>
>>43752796
I saw he got a bit upity with the response, but frankly the NRA scares most people, I don't blame him for implying that they're dangerous. Also: need, that's your word not his
>>
>>43752817
Eliminating illegal abortions is a very good thing.
>>
>>43752762
>The constitution was drafted up ages ago
It was last edited in 1992 and is a living document.

The Bill of Rights covers things that Americas believed were very important to make a democracy work. Things that couldn't be removed without the complicated process of a amendment, and would require wide consensus and political will. It's stayed around for 220 years because people still believe in it enough to make the amendment process impossible. It's not out of date, any more then the first amendment is, no matter how much the world has changed.

>Just paranoid

There is almost no good reason for the government to have a firearm registry. It's purely a tool for confiscation. Every time one has been enacted, it's been for confiscation.

A front-runner for president wants to sew icons on people and give them special ID papers for religious affiliation. Never say never.
>>
>>43752817
>I guess You would Also argue that legalizing abortions was good because it eliminated illegal abortions...
Because it is?
>>
>>43752788
Ah, close range weapons! Another prohibited thing here. Nothing longer than You Palm here, no sir.
Except if you're a thief then you're a victim of society and by all means go around all You like with a claymore if you feel like it.
>>
>>43752559
Laws need to make sense.
Look at Russia - before fall of cccp they had no intellectual property laws. And even if you do make law that bans pirating stuff no one will care - including policeman, and judges - who pirate too.
Same goes for most we cccp countries.

Same thing with guns in US. Either it won't be enforced, or you expect riots, armed riots.

Not to mention that idea of general populace having guns deters politicians from passing some fucked up laws. My country suffered 8year regime of stealing, people above law, and general fuck full of media propaganda of success. They nearly passed the bill to sell national parks to private investors. Welfare system is cancerous - it eats 50% of your income, and you won't get any money out of it because all of it gets used on building new palaces for them.

Doesn't matter if they will be used or not - what matters is that they could be used.
It prevents governments from going too cynical, and prevents them from turning into closed ruling caste.
>>
>>43752817
Illegal abortions by untrained individuals can be very dangerous for the woman.
>>
>>43752821
I know, its my country.
I would still like to defend myself.
>>43752841
>>43752838
>>43752834
Good to know.
Goodbye /tg/.
>>
>>43752678
>Are personal civilian firearms really that useful at protecting people from criminal shooters?
It's assumed. Everyone has an opinion on the matter.
>>
>>43752839
Sadly lots of the more extreme anti-gun people are not too hot on the 1st amendment either.

Ought to quarter soldiers in their houses in peacetime, nobody remembers the third amendment anyway.
>>
>>43752836
The NRA are dangerous people. It's a club for people that are enthusiastic about their right to be dangerous.

Dangerous and a threat are different things. The NRA aren't really a threat to anyone save the political ambitions of people that disagree with them.

You are vastly more likely to die because you are pro-choice then because you are anti-second amendment.
>>
>>43752026
>Welfare
>Not euthanasia and sterilization

Good joke niqqa.
>>
>>43752847
>>43752847
And This is Why people should go to jail for attempting it not being given a job.
>>
>>43752839
>Every time one has been enacted, it's been for confiscation.
NZ has had one since 1860, and there's plenty of guns about.

>The Bill of Rights covers things that Americas believed were very important to make a democracy work.
No, the BoR covers those things James Madison thought would shut up the Anti-Federalists, and successfully managed to get amended to the constitution.
>>
>>43752865
>You are vastly more likely to die because you are pro-choice then because you are anti-second amendment.
You can't be less than 0% likely to be murdered.
>>
>>43752867
You think the people performing illegal abortions just set up shop for doing it legally? Legal abortions aren't done by those stupid fucks, they're done by trained medical professionals.
>>
>>43752867
Why the fuck are you trying to advocate for things that will give us more babies in households that are not in any way prepared for it? What the fuck do you think is going to happen, people are going to stop having sex or something?
>>
>>43752854
>Goodbye /tg/.
>being this conservative
>>
>>43752778
>i've never understood laws restricting knife blade lenth.
You Tell me.
>>
>>43752875
What the hell are you even trying to say? That without guns there would magically no longer be any murders at all?
>>
>>43752875
There have been dozens of murders, firebombings, kidnapping and attacks of doctors, nurses, their families and Planned Parenthood.

Being pro-choice can get you killed. Being anti-gun can't.
>>
>>43752862
The spirit behind the 4th Amendment's long dead by now anyway, 2nd and 1st can't last forever.
>>
>>43752867
being given a job? I'm confused.

Also, outlawing guns won't do anything be cause criminals etc. but outlawing abortion will fix that issues because those preforming the procedure go to jail and then there's no more abortions ever, not even the pregnant people running into tables/falling down stairs/more harmful shit to induce miscarriage.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.