[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Maverick Hunter Quest, Thread 62: Outfoxed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47
File: anode season 2 clear.png (241 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
anode season 2 clear.png
241 KB, 600x600
Prior Thread: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/44686494/
Archive: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Maverick%20Hunter%20Quest
The IRC: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com, #MHQ
The Twitter: https://twitter.com/HunterCommand

You are Captain Anode of the Fourth Overland Unit.

And you really, really hate this furry.
>>
File: Soul Foxfire.jpg (184 KB, 568x483) Image search: [Google]
Soul Foxfire.jpg
184 KB, 568x483
>>44811078
Soul Foxfire has run you through a painful and humiliating gauntlet of mechaniloids and hazards in a cyberspace labyrinth, chipping away at your health, ammunition, and sanity. And now you've finally got her for the confrontation and you've yet to put a scratch on her.

Something is definitely wrong with this picture--assuming you can trust your eyes, she LOOKS the type--thin, lightly armored, definitely not a frontline combat unit by any stretch--but she's giving you the business with cool confidence and a shit-eating grin.

The good news is that she can't hurt you. ...Much. Most of her hits have barely damaged you, and a few have slid right off. Only one trick--combining all her roving fireballs into a single one--has put any serious hurt on you.

>Keep trying to score hits at range. No one can keep dodging forever.
>She's trying to ward you off melee for a reason. Go in close again.
>>
And thread archived to ensure it's not mislabeled (big thanks to Lord Licorice for his quick turnaround on fixing the sabotage, you're a lifesaver).

How is everyone this morning? Because I've got the maverick flu!
>>
>>44811093
>>She's trying to ward you off melee for a reason. Go in close again.

Sounds logical.

Plus, if anyone, she could keep dodging. But she can never dodge the fact that Mari a shit. A shiiiiiiit..
>>
>>44811093
>>
>>44811093
>>
>>44811110
I'm pretty good, getting off work in 3 hours and then going to bed.

>>44811093
>>
>>44811093

>>44811113

A shiiiiiiiiiit.
>>
>>44811093
>>44811113
And say this out loud
>>
File: Emerald.jpg (741 KB, 1452x1350) Image search: [Google]
Emerald.jpg
741 KB, 1452x1350
>>44811113
>>44811124
>>44811133
>>44811148
>>44811287
>>44811338
You decide to press the assault--she's trying to chip you down at range, and however flighty, one solid hit and this could all be over.

You opt to barrel in for another charge, especially with most of her flames expended--and once again grateful for the upgrade to your capacitors, letting you make quick, controlled blinks with the Raikousen energy, limiting the amount spent and giving you control over the distance and positioning.

"Your--"

You juke to one side, avoiding a barrage of glitching shurikens.

"Waifu--"

And back over the way you came, avoiding them as they sweep around--

"Is--"

You stop short as a fireball passes by you from behind, she must have had one out and hiding--

"SHIIIIIIIIIIT!"

There's a moment of eternity as you launch straight at her, winding up with your lance, feeling it in your hands, levering it across and down, her eye widening behind her visor...

...And then narrowing in satisfaction.

"Gotcha," she growls, as the one flame lingering behind her comes off cooldown--and then activates.

You have a moment of recognition as it expands and takes on a green cast, the flickering orb becoming a familiar figure as it overlaps Foxfire's. Small, light on its feet, cut down for dexterity over power, agility over endurance.

"Em?"
>>
>>44811093
What's our cpacitor charge? Maybe we should think about wrecking the arena a bit with electricity.
Because I think she's chosen this room to fight in for a good reason. Countering the glitches showed us that there is something that we're not seeing here.
>>
File: yesImet.jpg (34 KB, 320x280) Image search: [Google]
yesImet.jpg
34 KB, 320x280
>>44811480
Your shock is followed a second later as you scream in pain, Foxfire's knife gouging into your midsection. Your swing goes wide over her head as she steps in and ducks low, the blade flashing across again and carving a counterstroke into your chassis. Your shields pulse ineffectually as the second bite, perfectly timed, comes through between flickers.

With just an instant's thought you disengage, using another capacitor burst to use your follow-through to get out of melee as fast as possible. You turn around, clutching your gut, two deep wounds still sizzling, watching Foxfire finish out a long, brutally fast blade combo, seemingly on autopilot, her movements in tune with the green figure cast over her.

"Did you know," Foxfire asks lightly as she turns again, tossing the short beam knife in her hand and then stowing it at her back once more, "that you can just BUY combat sim data, if you know where to look?"

The glowing figure--featureless, a silhouette of green light--darkens and pulses out, leaving a muddied ember in its place as the spirit flame collapses.

You're critically injured, now, with the door sealed.

But escape is the furthest thing from your mind right now.

She just used your friend to hit you. She just used your best fucking friend.

>
>>
>>44811494
> LIGHTNING EVERYWHERE
>>
>>44811494
What's our charge looking like?
>>
>>44811494
"Remember the basics of CQC."
I'm not being ironic. Anode has forgotten how to fight in melee for some reason, and it's getting very irritating. A computer jockey like her should not be this agile and should not have this many tricks. It's not just that she has cyberspace on her side, but those soul fires seem to do everything. The more we uncover of her arsenal, the worse off we are, and it's pissing me off.

Shut down cyberspace. I don't care how, but shut it down. We need to kill this bag of tricks dead.
>>
>>44811545
How did we not know she had a beam knife? You'd think the first thing we do is check their (obvious) equipment.

Who the fuck is selling Maverick Hunter combat sims?

Why do these flames do everything?
>>
>>44811538
High. Exact number to follow.
>>
>>44811494
Seconding>>44811511
>>
>>44811093
Managed to catch it in time. Thing I want to warn is the chance that the body we see may not be real. The balls of nothing seem to be camo for whats hiding underneath. Which could include her.

IF we are going melee, I recommend doing something sudden and unprecidented. A sudden attack that goes for a grab or the like. Something that we have not done before and she could not predict.

Like Anode said last thread, she's moving TOO well. We should be getting a hit, so if she's dodging everything, she may not be there fully.
>>
>>44811692
>I recommend doing something sudden and unprecidented. A sudden attack that goes for a grab or the like. Something that we have not done before and she could not predict.
Anode has been relying on his obscene speed for his surprises, but for some reason, nothing is working.
>>
>>44811706
Because you keep going for the MAIN body. Stop doing that. She is using illusions to trick us and get us with cheap ass moves and we keep fucking falling for it because we rely SOLELY on stats.

We aren't using smart moves. We aren't being crafty. We aren't even counter zapping! It's frusterating and hard to tell!
>>
>>44811586
As to who is selling combat sims of Em, may I remind you of a certain ex-4th dickhead who stole weapons data, doubtless among other things?

Why don't we rig the room, fast as we can, with wire 'tripwires'? If she goes through them, we'll see it immediately, if she's hiding. If something goes through them and doesn't affect them, it's something fucking with our vision.
>>
On the bright side, it seems once she's locked into a combo attack as a sim, she HAS to complete it. We can use that.
>>
>>44811494
>Shit lightning through her.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (92 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
92 KB, 1280x720
>>44811815
Weapons data and combat sims are two different things.
Plus, I think Foxfire is too smart to fall for the 20 Meter Radius Emerald Splash trick. Or is she?
>>
File: I resemble that remark.jpg (84 KB, 942x942) Image search: [Google]
I resemble that remark.jpg
84 KB, 942x942
>>44811815
Hey wait a minute, I've never been a member of the 4th Overland...

Good morning all.
>>
>>44811823
Except she's going to use her other three dozen tricks instead.
>>
>>44811823
That's probably what she wants us to think.
>>
I think I got a lock on what she is. Her design is all about scaling difficulty. She may have been intended as some sort of crazy sandbox for a bunch of testing systems that literally scale in difficulty, like her tails and her ability to duplicate moves for a bit-her "soul" powers is her duplicating any combat sim she has on record. That means she may have the entire Fourth on her, which could be bad. Maybe she was designed as some sort of tutor or training partner, though?

We aren't looking at a classic weakness in range or melee, but variable ability. Maybe we should try and let her ride the lightning
>>
>>44812063
But she's not overtly designed for adaptable implementation of modules like that, at least not that we were able to immediately tell. Her claim to fame is being a hacker.
>>
That is not really her, it must be an illusion she has to be a few feet to the left or right but she is NOT where our sensors say she is.
>>
>>44812127
Then what just stabbed us?
>>
>>44812091
Her name has fox in it and she has nine tails. Everything she has screams trickery and lies. But she is likely straining her energy sources keeping this all up, like how Saetos was. Could be that she is weak to electricity, and maybe we should test that with a measured blast.
>>
File: ridethelightning.png (605 KB, 900x402) Image search: [Google]
ridethelightning.png
605 KB, 900x402
>>44811511
>>44811692
>>44811835
Furious, you size up your options as she backs off again, wary and ready to pounce.

...And then you realize you're sitting on 67% capacitor charge. You've been so angry and distracted this entire time, you haven't noticed. Between all the hits, the improved capacitor release, and maybe even the residual energy of being in cyberspace, you're fairly well topped.

Let's use that.

She's midway into another quip when you sling a buster out, dashing in and forcing her to dodge. You switch back to your hand and channel a burst of electricity through it, feeling grim satisfaction at watching the capacitor tick-tick-tick down as you finally land a hit. She yelps in pain, throwing up another wave of glitchballs. You ignore them as you come in close again, using another trio of charge-dashes.

On the last, you feint--she goes for her knife again, as her tail flames relight--and you dash right past her, rather than commit.

She turns around as you dash back--she throws a flame--you feel the intense burn, she layered several beneath one--

And then you're through.

You foil her timing again as she moves to strike where you'll be with an electrodash, and instead you surge forward on your jump-jets, just a hair slower. Your lance batters her knife aside as she tries to reverse--

And then you do something you haven't done in a while, as you channel your capacitors full-bore through your lance.

You connect soundly, the impact reverberating up your arms, matched by an explosion of distortion in the air, the crackle of dancing arcs of electricity, and a full-on shriek by Foxfire.

She flies across the room, tumbling end-over-end, tail embers extinguishing as she rolls and finally hits the far wall. You raise your buster and charge, lance still at the ready, as she starts to stand.
>>
>>44812268
"Okay, that was pretty--" her leg slips from under. and she falls slack. "Ow." She raises her arm again to fire another wave of shurikens, limb shaking, a sizzling gash across her chest sparking noticeably. Behind her visor, though--fear.

Slowly, her arm droops. "I surrender," she mutters.

"Yeah, we tried that already," you note. "Twice. How do I know this isn't all some grand illusion and I'm not beating the shit out of a broom with a bucket on the top?"

She lets her arm droop, grimacing as she reaches over it with limp fingers to press a few buttons on an arm panel.

The world goes dull. A high-frequency whine you didn't realize you'd tuned out vanishes, leaving its absence as the lights come down, revealing a slightly destroyed lab room, papers and furnishings scattered.

Slowly--eyes on you the whole time--Foxfire hauls herself back to her feet, bracing against the wall. "I'll be straight. I, uh, kinda didn't think you could hit me and I really don't wanna die."

>Should have thought of that first, shitbird. Tell Saetos I said hi.
>... Fine. Hands where I can see them and I've got more juice than a health bar, if you pull something.
>Other?
>>
>>44812280
>... Fine. Hands where I can see them and I've got more juice than you have a health bar, if you pull something.
>>
>>44812280
>No words. Just death.
>>
>>44812280
>... Fine. Hands where I can see them and I've got more juice than a health bar, if you pull something.
We NEED a live capture. She's got enough intel to make our boys hilariously happy. Need to be proactive in keeping an eye on her though. Lop a limb off the second she tries something.
>>
>>44812280

We just made it pretty clear too.
>>
>>44812280
Comm home. Ask what precautions should you take. How to disable her wifi signals or whatever. Maybe rip on of her arms off, she'll live.

We are NOT becoming Tanker.
>>
>>44812280
>Should have thought of that first, shitbird. Tell Saetos I said hi.

but just amputate her limbs. lessens the risk of her being able to do something but keeps her alive.
>>
>>44812280
It seems a bit cruel, but we're robots and she's a huge bitch that just nearly killed us, so instead of just taking that surrender on good faith I'm thinking she'd be a more cooperative prisoner as a torso. Or at least handsless.
>>
>>44812280
>>
>>44812324
We're also at risk of becoming Dodo. Do you think she's going to honor this surrender the instant we let our guard down? Are you ready to risk the mission for it?
>>
>>44812280

One out of however many bosses we killed is a start, at least.
>>
>>44812350
Which is why I said rip her arm off.
>>
>>44812280
>Other.
Call it in, be ready for bullshit, and let her know that for pissing us off we will make SURE that her stay will have nothing but 50s music and no anime.
>>
>>44812280

Looks like the events of Blare's Promotion Night stay under wraps one more day.
>>
>>44812315
>>44812324
>>44812333
We don't need to lop her limbs off. Anode just put the fear of God in her.
>>
Also, entertain the idea that she wants to get captured. She may have some kind of crazy infiltration plan.
>>
>>44812280
>>... Fine. Hands where I can see them and I've got more juice than a health bar, if you pull something.
>This close, THIS close to just electrifying this whole facility.

>>44812356
I can kinda agree with asking her to voluntarily detach that forearm with the access panel.
>>
I always figured Foxfire would (eventually) go quietly. She's still a mercenary, and she knows a paycheck is nothing next to her life.
>>
>>44812280
>Disarm her for safety reasons
Literally disarm her.
>>
>>44812371
Yeah, if she can just like... hit a button and drop her arms off, I'd be okay with that. And then we need to find out exactly what she managed to do before we interfered here.
>>
>>44812394
Nah, you need the fox's tail to keep her tricks down. Her vents were on her legs for the shurikens, too, I think.
>>
>>44812397
She wouldn't want any harm to come to her arms. She's a hacker, and a hacker with no hands can't really do much.
>>
Already voted, but seconding the idea to literally disarm her.
>>
>>44812280
>Good on you. Lose the arms. Now.
>>
>>44812440
"Remove your arms, or I remove them for you."
>>
>>44812411
considering they're reploids, a hacker may presumably still be able to do plenty without hands. Just with some significant security holes due to having a direct connection with the target.
>>
Eh, guys, she's a fox, not a lizard, she - probably - can't just pop her limbs...
>>
>>44812470
>>44812465
>>44812440
>>44812411
I would like to push to amend that to arms and tail. Her tail acted as a trick counter in there, or some form of necessary piece to her tricks. Think it's where her weapon data is.
>>
>>44812517
Yes, and we have a giant lance. It cuts through things. Like arms. One could say it's... handy.
>>
>>44812407
I think for that, we just have to be clear that we don't care because we'd still be able to kill her.

>>44812517
reploids, repairable limbs usually means detachable, and if not she's got a beam knife. She gets to make sure she doesn't break anything important in the arm.
>>
>>44812517
She's still a robot. If she feels too attached to her limbs we can help out with that.
>>
>>44812537
Good point, take her tail, too. Don't want her recharging that shit.
>>
>>44812517
She can take off the plating at least, effectively removing any busters or useful weaponry within. We have done that every time we needed an upgrade to them after all. Hell, X can remove his arms. They just pop right off.
>>
>>44812280

Comm Navigation or HQ or someone about proper maverick detention protocol.
Someone actually surrendered!
>>
>>44812568
>Commander gasps
>X is immediately on the comms
>even Zero shows up
>it's just that rare
>>
Guys, she might be actually surrendering. Can we dial back the psychopathy a notch?
>>
File: atmospheric immolation.jpg (394 KB, 813x1200) Image search: [Google]
atmospheric immolation.jpg
394 KB, 813x1200
>Foxfire by the time we're done chopping her up
>>
File: kongiku2.jpg (164 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
kongiku2.jpg
164 KB, 500x667
>>44812554
>>44812537
>Touch Fluffy Tail option
>>
>>44812592
Like I said, I'm only voting to have the forearm removed, specifically the access panel thing. I'm cool with letting her keep the tail, because a charged capacitor must be pretty damn intimidating.
>>
>>44812592
She was a difficult enemy to fight. We're risking the mission just by letting her live, considering she could well kill us.
>>
>>44812592
Considering Foxfire was the trickiest fight Anode has ever had thus far, anons want to take no chances with her capture. I still think she's willing to genuinely go quietly, since she realized Anode can legitimately kill her. She's scared of him now.
>>
>>44812592
You remember what happened the last time we tried to take someone in alive? We've got all rights to be parnoid as shit about this.
>>
>>44812630
You mean that fish Maverick whom Tanker murdered after he openly surrendered? I don't think that's a good barometer to use.
>>
>>44812592
She's a robot! Removing limbs isn't all that weird, we've replaced (nearly?) every piece of us at least once by now. She can even get her hands/tails back once we've got containment set up and all the details worked out. She probably should, too, because after recent events I'm sure that Hunter Command's not the safest place for her to be.
>>
>>44812655
Wolfspider, Ancorage, actually
>>
>>44812592
To be fair, most weapons on a reploid tend to be built in. Not that big a stretch to ask them to ditch a limb on surrender.
>>
File: my bad my bad.jpg (290 KB, 768x512) Image search: [Google]
my bad my bad.jpg
290 KB, 768x512
>>44812309
>>44812315
>>44812322
>>44812338
>>44812353
>>44812357
>>44812358
>>44812371
You narrow your eyes, your brain still throbbing with rage--the tricks, the taunts, the fucking music, using Em's data to hack you up...

...but then you remember Tanker, grinning around a mouthful of Skipjack. Dodo, reduced to rent metal and gore.

You hope to God you don't regret this.

"Fffffffffine," you hiss. "Can you disable yourself? That arm panel, at least."

"Not...really, no," she admits. "I'm not what you call a combat model."

"You've got a knife," you point out.

"Are you--" she sees your face, and her eyes fall. "You are. Crap. Okay, uh. Hold on, this is going to be..." Carefully, she pulls the knife and, awkwardly, starts to push it into the little bracer-computer on her arm, accompanied by "ow," and the occasional "OW."

"Okay, good enough," you say. You're not trying to torture her...no matter how much you want to. She slides the knife over to you, which you collect and stow. "Which way is out?"

She walks over to a panel, one arm limp, and indicates it from a safe distance. "Controls are all correct--I was gonna mix up the labels before I left, but..."

True enough, after a moment, you find the controls that control the comm jamming on the facility. There's a muted pop, and then your line to the outside world is back.

"Listen, uh, I still surrender, but--" you shoot her a withering glare, which she answers with her hands, palms-out. "I just--well, if you'd said no, I was going to try to... can I just?"
>>
File: Foxfire sketch.jpg (135 KB, 381x401) Image search: [Google]
Foxfire sketch.jpg
135 KB, 381x401
>>44812680
You narrow your eyes.

"I was gonna be all... 'you haven't seen my ULTIMATE ATTACK!'"

She puts her arms out... and then your comms almost immediately chime.

"I'm here," you say gruffly, "what."

An unfamiliar, immediately and eminently hateable voice fills your comms--and broadcasts down from the ceiling. "This is Heilige, with the Weissritter. You will accept Soul Foxfire's surrender and bring her to Maverick Hunter Headquarters alive."

"Already had her," you reply incredulously. "Sure."

"Out." Click.

Your flat stare bores a hole through Foxfire, and she manages a weak snicker.

Fucking... whatever. You find a button on the console to call an access lift, and herd her onto it.

...And then more music starts playing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXW9KqRVa7E

"FOXFIRE," you boom.

"Sorry, sorry. I, uh. That one was supposed to be for me, I set it up to play after I left the area and forgot to turn it off."

The elevator slowly climbs up, leaving you, heavily injured, keeping your weapons on the extinguished and rather diminished-looking fox.

>So what the fuck was that with Heilige?
>Okay, what's the scoop on your fucking Batman bullshit?
>How the shit did you get that data?
>Other?

Feel free to ask several things.
>>
>>44812704
>All of it, in that order
> What the fuck is your obsession with cereal?
>>
>>44812704
>Mari? Seriously?
>>
>>44812661
We'll worry about that after we confirm capture protocol.

>>44812665
No, our last maverick before the Zero op was Splashdown Skipjack. He surrendered, but then Tanker killed him.
>>
>>44812704
>>
>>44812704
>How much money did you blow on all this? The loids, the combat sim data....you got this with merc pay?
>>
>>44812724
... Both, actually, Splashdown was munched, and Wolfspider was successfully captured but tore himself to pieces with the Tension Coil bindings

>>44812704
And seconding this >>44812718
>>
>>44812704
This chick had several of our former rogues lined up. How did she get so prepared for us?
>>
>>44812704
>Okay, what's the scoop on your fucking Batman bullshit?
And where did you get your data?
>>
>>44812704
Thirding >>44812718
>>
>>44812704
>So what the fuck was that with Heilige?

>What's your deal? Are you actually a believer or just cashing a paycheck? Mavericks are the only thing worse than your waifu.
>>
>>44812785
>What's your deal? Are you actually a believer or just cashing a paycheck?
Seconding. We don't need to insult waifus at this point.
>>
>>44812704
I agree that the heilige thing takes priority first followed by the other two. No need to be rough, at this point this is information we will use for our report and also to better ourselves.
>>
>>44812758
She was probably purchasing the combat data and uploading it into 'loids while we were running the gauntlet.

We'd better check if she uploaded
>>
File: don't dismember me bro.jpg (124 KB, 863x719) Image search: [Google]
don't dismember me bro.jpg
124 KB, 863x719
You sigh.

"Okay, from the top: What the fuck was that with Heilige?"

"Canned message," Foxfire says. "Prepped it in advance just in case I had to drop the jamming and call for help in a hurry."

"You got dirt on them, or something?"

"No, but I have something they want. So a bunch of world governments--India, Korea, and China at the fore--put their heads together to come up with something to try to copy X's strength and versatility in using DNA data. They called it Project Yeouiju." She grins, a bit of her flair coming back to her. "I stole it."

"And... the Weissritter wants it?"

"EVERYONE wants it. But it's not as easy as cracking me open and taking it back. I broke it. I broke it goooood. So I readied that message to send, letting them know I had it, what I did to it, and that if they want a look at it in working order, no one but me knows how to fix what I did."

"So they'd better take you in alive, right," you mutter. "What does it do?"

She grins. "You know how a VWES adapts the weapons data of others? Yeouiju interfaces directly with your own, tied to your own WEAPON cell. It adapts and develops your core abilities into... well, anything you can put your mind to, really. But it's limited. Someone like me, not very strong? Well, you saw what I could do with it."

"Your own personal Batman button."

"Picture that in the hands of, say, Rhodes. Or Halcyon."

You grimace. "I'd rather not. That explains that, though. What about that other data? The combat data, the mavericks?"

"There's a black market for combat sims--hunter stuff is a bit hard to come by, but lower classification stuff trickles in every now and then. That little green guy--"

"Emerald," you tell her.

"Pfft, really? Sucks to be him--has been my ace in the hole for a long time."

"What about the mavericks?"

She points at you. "You brought them with you."

"The fuck?"
>>
File: boioioing.png (135 KB, 584x573) Image search: [Google]
boioioing.png
135 KB, 584x573
>>44813263
"You're crawling with adapted data, y'know. It wasn't hard to crossreference to the public records, do a little digging in the wrong circles, and build out a cyberspace profile--incomplete and flawed, I'm sure you noticed--based on it."

You frown. You did bring the shells, the coils. You had Wolfspider's LN data on your knife. "What about the rest?"

She shrugs. "Didn't have time... and the fish looked like he sucked."

"You know, I tried to take him alive, and one of my former unitmates tore him apart," you say, your voice warning.

"Eek."

Thus cowed back out of smugsville, you resume the questioning. "How much money did you blow on this? All the 'loids, the sim data... you got all this on merc money?"

"Some of it," she explains. "A lot of the mechaniloids were given to me at a steep discount by a fffffffFFFFORMER client," she adds hastily.

"Maverick, huh?"

She shrugs helplessly in a mea culpa gesture. "Yep."

"So why work for them? They're butchers, you know that, right?"

"Money doesn't smell, honey," she replies. "And I had my own reasons to go after Rho's archives. I was hoping I could get some data on hunter DNA research to improve my yields with Yeoujiu. As for the rest of my tricks, that was all cyberspace."

"So, let's talk about mavericks," you say, steering the conversation back. "Are you a believer, or just in it for the money?"

She looks you square in the eye. "There are two types of people, as far as I'm concerned. Me, and people not worth dying over."

You grunt in affirmation--fair enough. Mercenary (hurr), but at least reasonable--and not race or violence-motivated. "...Why the cereal?"

She shrugs. "I like cereal. I was crash-padding there anyway, I knew they'd come for the facility eventually, and I'd be ready to beat feet."

"... Why Mari, though?" you finally ask.

She grins again. "Because good lord, people get pissed when you say it."

>Anything else?
>>
>>44813285
Nah. I'm good.
>>
>>44813285
Don't take your eye off her for a second. Other than that I think we're good.
>>
>>44813285
We good. Haul her in.
>>
>>44813285
>She grins again. "Because good lord, people get pissed when you say it."
Foxfire and India will get on like a house on fire
>>
>>44813347
Assuming they ever meet. Foxfire will be in custody and interviews for a good long while.
>>
>>44813406
Yeah. This won't be anything like when Grach defected.
Hopefully we'll get to meet her again on frendlier terms. She definitely owes both us and Em a beer at the new Pond.
>>
>>44813469
She's used Em's data to murder multiple people and you think she owes him 'a beer'? Are you stupid?
>>
>>44813263
>She grins. "You know how a VWES adapts the weapons data of others? Yeouiju interfaces directly with your own, tied to your own WEAPON cell. It adapts and develops your core abilities into... well, anything you can put your mind to, really. But it's limited. Someone like me, not very strong? Well, you saw what I could do with it."
>"Your own personal Batman button."
>"Picture that in the hands of, say, Rhodes. Or Halcyon."
Foxfire confirmed for holding out on the Mavericks; she really is in it for herself. Also, holy fuck, be glad Doppler doesn't have his hands on shit like that.

So Foxfire was on Maverick payroll doing a bit of database diving, while she had Yeouiju on the side for herself as insurance against all the superpowers. She holed up in the cyberspace outpost, knowing that a Hunter would be along sooner or later. She surrendered after a show of force, and now she gets to enter Hunter custody and protection, safe in the knowledge that her knowledge of Yeouiju ensures her life.
>>
>>44813508
We don't have a confirmed killcount on Foxfire. We just know she grabbed his combat data on the black market and has used it to defend herself with the power of Project Yeouiju.
>>
After repairs, are we gonna go straight to another mission, or train our melee?
>>
>>44813534
I'm actually somewhat uncomfortable letting Yeouiju see the light of day. Hope she has her head right and knows her life is only worth something to HC until it's completed.
>>
>>44813620
We've missed Graverend Moloch's rampage by now, so we have a little bit of time, I think.
>>
>>44813652
I have no doubt the Weissritter will try and murder Foxfire once she fixes Yeouiju for them. Because they're cunts.
>>
>>44813534
Which begs the question why fight back against a Hunter? Yeah, Doppler signed her check, but "surrender into Hunter custody" was her backup in case she was challenged. It was only self-preservation that saw her surrender, and it's only afterward that she revealed she has this stolen superprogram the Weissritter want that only she can recover. There's no need for her to bargain for her survival any further because she already hashed things out with the Weissritter and agreed to Hunter protection in the event of her surrender.

That's a hell of a contingency plan.
>>
>>44814105
>Just some wannabe X looking dork. Bet I can just watch him squirm in my endless simulations and then fuck off when I finally get bored of him.

She thought herself too clever to be actually threatened by Anode.
>>
>>44813285
> I was really hoping that since Seven was gone we would stop getting all the pain in the ass missions. Then I remembered That Cain Labs was still pulling our strings
" I hope you understand If you run I won't let you surrender a second time"
>>
>>44814204
Fourth.
>>
>>44814311
well she only surrendered once, we demanded her surrender twice, not sure those can be counted as her surrendering
>>
>>44813285
>Well as long as you realize that your project Yeouiju thing puts your threat level so high that I'm not going to accept a second surrender.
>I know some people who might like you.
>>
No rubble today?
>>
>>44813285
You decide that's all you need from her.

She doesn't put up a fight now that you've caught her--seems like she really isn't built to take hits like a combat model. The trip back to base is, mercifully, uneventful.

She's taken into custody immediately by a pair of Berets, and a custom model you don't recognize--nor does he introduce himself, leaving without a word.

Foxfire still finds time to blow you a kiss and a wink over her shoulder.

Fucking fox.

You're on your way to repairs when an unfamiliar figure stops you. Tall, with dark coloration against linear patterns of running lights, deep greens, blacks, and bronze opposed by sterile white-blue. Humanoid eyes at the front of his face rake you coldly, flanked on either side by decorative insectoid ones, with a faceplate where his mouth ought be. Two blades are sheathed at his waist, and two more folded back like mantis claws to allow access to his hands.

He examines your injuries with a critical eye. "All this, from a B-class?" he asks, his voice like a sledgehammer of razors.

"Not entirely sure I asked you," you reply, in no mood for any shit right now.

But he's already walking past you, with that and nothing more.

Great, at least you won't want for a replacement for Seven.

You find Gopher waiting for you in the repair room. And with him, yet another unfamiliar figure.

"Heard you made a friend," Gopher says.

"You heard wrong. If it were up to me, I'd kill Foxfire twice."

He smirks. "Report, Captain."

You recount the cyberspace deathtrap, the hacker's resources, her surrender, the call to the Weissritter. The one you don't recognize nods occasionally.

"I've been authorized by the Weissritter to give you special dispensation, in light of your capture and successful recovery of the asset," he says. "Report to 16th R&D after repairs--I'm told they're very grateful for a chance to examine the Yeouiju."

You glance over at Gopher, who nods. "Anything further, Captain?"

>
>>
>>44814371
Asked first at the start, second when we caught up, and she surrendered on her own now.

Also, I vote we go for repair time and then take out Moloch as he seems to be a nasty son of a bitch.
>>
>>44814987
Seconding this.

And new guy seems like an ass. How delightful.
>>
>>44814968
talk about the probably info leak that has combat sim data floating around the black market?

maybe ask if Em's taking any suicide missions
>>
>>44814968
Only thing I can think of is a report on how everything is holding up and the new faces we've been seeing. The guy with the mantis blades and this new person beside him. If we are in the same unit, might be good to know them.
>>
>>44814968
>What's new with the unit?
>Go get fixed.
>>
>>44814968
Lets take our leave and get fixed
>>
>>44815027
By the looks of it, we got two new guys. One is quiet and the other just seems really professional. We are a A after all, and we were still played around with.
>>
>>44815027
Elitist Ass no less. Although thankfully not a mantis with heat blades and a pair of smoke dispensers that actually vent a fast hardening "ash" to immobilize fast, smart-ass prey. Although I guess that accidental creation by one of my guys in recon wouldn't be allowed anyway, being a mav. Otherwise Hunter and I would think too far alike.
>>
>>44815115
Seems like second guy seems to be high-ranking lackey of the Weissritter, not in 4th.
>>
>>44815136
is it just me, or was he just amazed at how powerful Yeouiju is to let Foxfire dish this much out on Anode?
>>
>>44815170
I got the impression he was just another high-tooled shitbag that could stand being cut down a peg. What the fuck is happening to our 4th Overland?
>>
>>44815221
On the bright side (literally) we got Firefly as a (temp) transfer.
>>
>>44815221
Halycon and the Doppler War happened. To be fair Gopher is a decent commander so far. He stopped Em from doing a stupid thing and while not fatherly like Frog, he's respectful so far. Plus we have flares and Ursa too.

Really, we should get a better look at the guy before judging. He could either be weissritter or a newbies who never fought a tricky opponent.
>>
>>44814968
Mention our concern about sim data being sold on the black market
Get fixed
>>
>>44815269
>>44815323
I don't mind spending some time getting to know the new blood, once we have some free time. I miss our interactions with Em and India so much now.
>>
we need to buy a replacement for that emergency 1 use capacitor charger we used on the Doppler arc.
>>
>>44815432
Yeah, we seriously need this.

And need to check on Em if he's back, but really need training. Maybe spar with him if he's okay with it.
>>
>>44815432
we need upgrades in general. We have some good money and this special item could be something nice.
>>
>>44815495
What other upgrades should we be getting? Sensors?
>>
>>44815514
Sensors would be great. Sounds like R&D is going to offer us something fun for this, though.
>>
>>44815481
>>44815495
should we buy 2 and leave the spare one on file with the lifesavers so we can hot swap them after a mission if need be?
>>
>>44815772
Sounds sensible, if we have the cash.
>>
>>44815514
Well, it depends. Sensors would be good especially if it serves as a targetting system to improve our range game, but reinforcing ourselves and synergizing our tech can help as well.

Afterimages while dashing could help with defense and perhaps open up chances, but better alloy armor also helps. It all depends on what we get offered.
>>
File: how we roll.jpg (26 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
how we roll.jpg
26 KB, 480x360
>>44815085
>>44815099
>>44815062
>>44815360
"So, what do we do about Em's combat data being out on open market?" you ask.

"Not much, to be honest with you," Gopher replies. "It could be older data. Hard to say, especially with that kid."

"How's he doing?" you ask. "...Sir. I mean--he kinda surprised me with that earlier."

Gopher shoots you a look. "He's a dipshit. My money is on not being able to handle the stress."

"His brother just died, and... he's got issues with it," you explain feebly.

"To put it to you bluntly, Captain, I don't give a shit. He's a highly-decorated hunter and we're in a full-scale war. Feelings go on the back burner Doppler is dealt with. He's needed, his bullshit is not."

There's... really not a whole hell of a lot to say to that. This is not Frog. "Yes, sir. Who's the mantis?"

He chuckles darkly. "That would be Flash Rezador, one of the oldest and most veteran maverick hunters in existence. Did you meet him?"

"He gave me grief about my damage."

"Yeah, he’s a charmer."

Lovely. "Anyone else new?"

"You've met Flares and Ursa, we're expecting a few more. Not just yet, though."

With that, you're done, saluting and letting the Lifesavers get on with their work.

16th treats you like a king, when you show up a few hours later. They take you into one of their labs and explain that these options are far and away much more expensive and time-consuming than they'd usually offer, but they're all excited to get a crack at Foxfire's little toy. In addition, they offer to develop any of your existing data for free--of which, T. Coils have had the most investment.
>>
File: Anode feasts.jpg (20 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
Anode feasts.jpg
20 KB, 480x640
>>44815957

>Flash Burst - Dump Raikosen energy into your dash to give it a "blast" effect that will damage enemies.
>Thermal Ablative Adapter - Handles extreme heat or extreme cold, will cover you from a lot of damage but has limited power and can break. Only bring it along if you have a need.
>Rage Circuit - Recycles wasted shield charge from chip damage into stored buster charge.
>Optical Precision Algorithmic Lockon - OPAL sensor delivers enhanced data and tracking to ID possible traps and deceptive sensor info.
>Ask about VWES development options.

And:

>Replace emergency battery? (10,000Z, can buy multiples, have 1 on hand with no drawbacks or 2 with loss of mobility)
>>
>>44815975
What money do we have?
>>
>>44815975
>Optical Precision Algorithmic Lockon - OPAL sensor delivers enhanced data and tracking to ID possible traps and deceptive sensor info.

>Get 1 battery
>>
>>44815975
>Replacement emergency battery

Yep, having backup is always good, but just 1 for the moment. Loss of mobility wouldn't be good for now.

Also vetting >Optical Precision Algorithmic Lockon or >Flash Burst, with OPAL sensor priority. After this mission, something like this could have saved our bacon a bit.

Also curious on >VWES options but everything's pretty dependant on >>44816019 (money) Will ping back if this changes.
>>
>>44815975
>Ask about VWES
>2 batteries, one to carry, one with Lifesavers
OPAL looks good too.
>>
>>44815975

> get a new Battery
>>
>>44815975
>OPAL
>1 battery to carry, 1 spare with lifesavers
>>
>>44815975
OPAL and the battery seem damn nice. If it also helps track signatures, it could help with ambushes and perhaps even aid in targetting. Handy considering we have a track record for bullshit traps.
>>
>Ask about VWES
>2 batteries, one to carry, one with Lifesavers
OPAL or >Flash Burst look good too.
To decide we need mor info on bothe What all could OPAL see and how damaging / how many invincibility frames dose the Flash burst give? Or is it just a damage mode and busters still hit but contact is safe?
>>
>>44815975
>OPAL
>1 Emergency Battery
>>
>>44815975
>1 battery
Want Flash Burst for style points, but the sensor is too good to pass up.
>>
File: veteran maverick hunter.jpg (33 KB, 640x637) Image search: [Google]
veteran maverick hunter.jpg
33 KB, 640x637
>>44815975
In addition, you receive several missives while you're working with R&D, first of which is your pay:

Combat mission and completion of objectives 15000
Live capture of maverick target 10000

TOTAL: Z25,000

That puts your bank account at Z127,508.

The second is some intelligence about your targets, and several other major events.

The war has progressed:

- In conjunction with the 17th Elite Unit, the 1st Advance has breached Doppler's line at Barcelona.
- Priority: 2nd Recon has identified two new G-Class mavericks operating under Doppler and is tracking their movements.
- Hurricane Wren has shifted approximately 55 kilometers east, fighting all the while.
- Maverick mercenary "Hopeless" was retired earlier today in Paraguay. Hunter operative unavailable for comment.
- 6th Marine have sustained additional personnel losses after a surprise attack on Christmas Harbor by Hunter traitor Drop Gull.
- The maverick surface fleet off Malta has grown.
- The intrusion attempts on Rho have ceased.
- Seismic scans indicate Disruptor Sabomole's tunnel network has expanded.
- Graverend Moloch has disappeared from the radar. Recon is investigating for clues of his location before he attacks again.
- The formal vote to install a new Maverick Hunter Commander has passed, and we welcome General Halcyon to his post.
>>
>>44816310
Wren next, guys? Could bring Em, as she's sixth and he wants to target them.
>>
>>44816173
> What all could OPAL see

Data figments like the tails Foxfire was using, most generally available sensor-duping tricks, various stealth modes and unseen beams. Also IDs known and reasonably extrapolateable trap and static defense models such as most of what you got pelted with in Foxfire's funhouse.

> how damaging / how many invincibility frames dose the Flash burst give? Or is it just a damage mode and busters still hit but contact is safe?

It's just a damage mode; it's a flash that travels opposite your dash, so if you go -> it's going <- to slag enemies behind you. Makes you an absolute horse's ass to chase, and of course if you can stop on a dime and 180, you can kick up some damage right in an unsuspecting enemy's face. It's not hugely damaging, but it's essentially an extra weapon/attack form.
>>
>>44816310
Hmmmm.. I would say disrupter sabomole would be useful. Both for Moloch and to stop the tunnels from growing too much. OPAN could help quite a bit down there as well. Wren is pushing, but it's a slow one. Honestly, I'd like to gear up a bit more before pushing on her.

She may be a A, but she was a S for a reason. Downgraded weaponry will not make her any less dangerous.
>>
>>44815975

Use money for:
>1 battery
>Ask about VWES development options
>>
>>44816408
I mean opal. Also, the sensors would ALSO be really good against Gibbon. His laser is invisible and he likely has camo and traps in the tundra. Gibbon's laser/goo attack would be handy against Wren.
>>
>>44816310
For clarification, are there any OPs that we can't go on right now?

At the very least, the no-goes seem to be Moloch but I'm looking at the others to make sure.
>>
>>44816472
Well you can't go on the Moloch op RIGHT now, but give them a couple of hours and you could certainly make it your next mission. You can decide to hit any mission next.
>>
>>44816492
Good to know, thank you for the clarification.
>>
>>44816492
>give them a couple of hours
Why don't we wait to see what's up there first, and THEN make our mind up about our next mission? That could be kind of important.

Also, voting for
>OPAL
>1 battery
>Ask about VWES development options
>>
>>44816364
Ok so that means I >>44816173 dont want Flash burst.
I am still interested in VWES options though.

Assuming no supply chain snafus if they can get us a new Battery delivered the same day i dont think we need the spare given our currant budget. If not then we can pay now to have the spare available in HQ at a moments notice.
>>
File: super fighting food poisoning.png (33 KB, 300x219) Image search: [Google]
super fighting food poisoning.png
33 KB, 300x219
>>44816434
>>44816567
Unfortunately, due to the fact that 16th is already doing you an atypical favor with this upgrade option, paying cash for VWES entries on top of an upgrade for free isn't allowed today. Ordering emergency batteries is easier since they can get them through Liberty.

That said, if you wanted to develop data as your free pick, you can do data development of up to Z50,000, one weapon only.

Also, continuing to get sicker as time goes on, so we won't have a lot of fast activity this thread.
>>
>>44816630
Sticking with OPAL. Don't die, HC!
>>
>>44816630
We should just call it here then, especially since you're sick. That would leave a brief start at the next session (or one brief session before that) before starting the next OP.
>>
>>44816630
I suspect we will pick OPAL
but what are some options on the table for T coil, the Skipper, and Our spiffy new Jet pack?
>>
>>44816630
Sticking with OPAL as well then. We can upgrade binge later when we start dealing with the likes of Yamatoad and his entire chain.
>>
>>44816676
We're definitely not moving on to the next mission just yet.

>>44816742
Stand by.
>>
>>44816864
Yeah, first we have to find out Em's dead.
>>
Was it last thread someone asked what hair colors the Diode twins have? Did it ever get answered?
>>
>>44817257
Anode's got no hair because his helmet is part of his head (and because the "fill" space went to electromagnetic shielding). Cathode has black hair.
>>
It sounds like this "Yeonuiji" will be a core component in creating the Next Generation Reploids.

I'm liking how you are foreshadowing/backshadowing the X games with stuff like this.
>>
>>44817303
Crap, so when we lost our helmet on the G class mission, we'd actually had part of our head blown off by Shiva? That was close.
>>
>>44817388
Pin it to the flu, but I don't recall you losing your helmet on that mission.

I think Em did, though, his helmet seals weren't the best in the first place and his armor's seen better days.
>>
>>44817425
Must have been him, it's been a while.
>>
File: S2 Mission Select V1.png (154 KB, 941x660) Image search: [Google]
S2 Mission Select V1.png
154 KB, 941x660
Might as well get one of these started.
>>
Gopher's being incredibly blunt about how badly Emerald's doing. Think he's just straightforward or pushing us to look after him?
>>
>>44817683
probably both, though Anode would likely help anyways. Besides, he'd get a kick out of Anime the fight.
>>
File: HmmUpgrades.png (53 KB, 250x219) Image search: [Google]
HmmUpgrades.png
53 KB, 250x219
>>44817674
EEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>>44816310
Tension Coil: As the weapon with the most development R&D informs you they would be capable of adding a charged capacity to your weapon. At the cost of four ammunition per shot, “Shred Zone” charged DNA option would anchor four cables to your chassis at cardinal points that move with you in a rapid spin. The coils can anchor to surfaces, and firing a coil again will allow you to suspend from or swing from the cable net. Spinning cables are highly dangerous and capable of armor penetration.

Tumult Shell: “Snapper” upgrade improves the density (and thus endurance) of the shell, and causes it to shatter when expired, releasing explosive compressed energy from impacts taken in transit.

Blackout Rocket: “Blowpast” upgrade would allow the payload to penetrate energy barriers even if the rocket impacts on one. This can damage enemies such as Barrier Attackers who are physically fragile but hide behind thick shielding.

Highball Skipper: Fast-firing could make the grenades even faster, while an option similar to the blackout flare modifications would allow you to change the payload in the grenades, halving the ammo but allowing you to change the effects of the grenade before a mission. Options would be limited to compatible VWES entries, which themselves would likely require resource investment.

“Crackball” upgrade could let the grenade deliver its primary payload and then split off into a second payload of cluster munitions on a secondary target. Not compatible with altered payloads, only the original explosive model.

Lockon Hunter: Recalibration could allow half-strength laser shots to consume less weapon energy, allowing 32 weaker lasers (with the same long range), 16 regular, or 8 overcharged. Optic Integration

(More coming, stand by)
>>
File: welp.jpg (20 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
welp.jpg
20 KB, 320x240
>>44817818
Ignore "Optic Integration" there, meant to cut that out for later. Sweet fuck, kill me.

Misericorde: Additional refinements to the temperamental LN reservoir could speed up reservoir replenishment time, or render the weapon more stable in volatile conditions.

“Spiderbite” improvement could interface with T. Coil and capacitor energy to mount the blade on the end of a coil and launch it on an electrified line, hitting from up to ten feet away. The payload is triggered manually, so a missed shot will not expend the LN reservoir. Warning: May cause additional instability.

Jump Jet: Small optimizations would pave the way to later upgrades--a small increase in distance traveled, for now, could lead to faster recharge times or even the construction of additional booster vents built flush within your chassis.

Phase: N/A. As of now this technology cannot be further adapted.

And in addition, since no one objected, I've gone ahead and ordered Anode one emergency battery.
>>
>>44817846
If it's one of these OR the OPAL, I'll stick with OPAL. Most of them seem good, but not as much as majorly upgraded sensors.
>>
so guys i think we should ether wait a couple of hours and do Moloch or leave for Mortarphant ASAP. I think the deciding factor is what time of day it is in the middle east and if we prefer a night or daytime assault on Mortarphant. If we get OPAL i am defiantly in favor of a night time raid otherwise i am torn.
>>
>>44817846
All updates are good - and the idea of Variable Payload Skippers is outright awesome - but none really compete with knowing where the hell the enemy and their traps are
>OPAL
>>
>>44817907
Is there even someone we can ask about who the highest priority is?
>>
>>44817846
>OPAL
nice stuff but I think we should stick with OPAL for now. And yes to the battier, that thing saved our asses back in the day even if we did save it for the final boss.
>>
>>44817818
OPAL is my vote
close runners up are
Tension Coil If it lets us do spider man style swings that we couldn't before
Highball Skipper Multi mode is cool but apparently it would only swap at base so not that great becomes better if we can solve that. (this is also a resource sink and we have a few of them already)
Lockon Hunter more sniping would be nice.
Jump Jet Not great on its own but vital long term.
>>
>>44817946
well shit is going to get worse and worse no matter what we pick, we just have to figure out what we think can take a beating longer and what missions we need to do before trying to tackle another. Like how if we take out the rouge artillery chick, it makes the assault on that harbor easier and if we take that out we actual get some intel on that mystery maverick.

In short we have to decide what's most important
>>
>>44817846
As much as these are varying degrees of neat, I'd still vote for the OPAL over all. Also good to have that extra battery as well.

Also, how long does it take to install the OPAL? Depending on length of time, that may give us the time needed to track down Moloch or pick another high-value target.
>>
>>44817946
based on a couple of threads ago we concluded that Yamatode is near the top of the priority scale but we needed to beat Mortarphant before Yamatode and Firefox before Mortarphant. We then were torn between doing Fire fox first because prerequisites+ ROE or Moloch because of ongoing casualties.
>>
>>44817846
I am sticking with my Vote for OPAL Tension Coil upgrade is a second close though
>>
>>44818025
You need some additional time for repairs anyway--they just did the vitality-critical stuff. Actually fully patching you up without emergency priority response takes a lot longer.

TL;DR you'll have time to mount the upgrade before you can return to duty. You can generally assume unless otherwise stated upgrade time will not run into mission time.
>>
>>44818129
Can we look at 4th updates and see who's on base?
>>
>>44817907
>>44817946

I would rather not go straight for mortarphant. S class artillery is going to be risky and OPAL would work better for Mole and Gibbon. Gibbon has those invisible lasers, and mole's maze is only going to get bigger and more dangerous. We take it out now, and it'd be quick which means the others will not progress so much.

But most importantly, survival comes first. If we lose, the remaining mavericks will have free reign until resources are placed elsewhere. All fronts are worrying so we should focus on setting things up/improving ourselves before rushing after Mortarphant, Yamatoad and Stellar.
>>
File: fite me nerd.jpg (118 KB, 900x718) Image search: [Google]
fite me nerd.jpg
118 KB, 900x718
>>44818194
Emerald has retired his first target, cleared repairs, and is ready for his next assignment.
Flares Firefly is on-mission and expected back shortly.
Flash Rezador is about to depart.
India is completing her repairs and will be returning to duty shortly.
Uralmash Ursa has returned from a successful deployment and is undergoing repairs.
Spider is still on-mission and not expected back for some time.
>>
File: S2 Mission Select V2.png (152 KB, 941x660) Image search: [Google]
S2 Mission Select V2.png
152 KB, 941x660
>>44817674
HC had a version of Anode's emblem on hand, so I worked that in.
>>
File: The hero and his sister.jpg (19 KB, 626x285) Image search: [Google]
The hero and his sister.jpg
19 KB, 626x285
>>44818374
[squeals intensify]

I really gotta get a decent graphic designer to do a markup of his emblem, though, damn.
>>
>>44818408
Graphic design isn't my strongest aspect but I could give it a shot. Can you give me a frame of reference of how you want the emblem to look?
>>
>>44818196
>true I would not object to Mole especially because i think that will make Mortarphant easier and have path unlocks. I think Gibbon can wait.
>>
File: symbol.png (8 KB, 561x257) Image search: [Google]
symbol.png
8 KB, 561x257
>>44818482
This was a very basic mockup of Anode and Cathode's symbols--Anode's is the leftmost arrow, I figure on a lifebar the tail is lopped off or severely shortened. The central bar in the arrow makes the middle of a letter A on an angle, for his name. The |- with a C overlaid is Cathode's symbol, in purple instead of Anode's yellow.
>>
>>44818588
So Cathode and Anode have interchangable symbols with the only thing changing which letter is used?
>>
Was Flash at the funeral? I feel like we saw his name earlier. What unit was he
>>
>>44818625
Nah, Anode is the left half (from the end of the tail to the tip of the arrow), and Cathode is the |- with C.

If I didn't say it already, the two of them together are a symbol for a diode.
>>
>>44818588
Or just... Use the tail as the lifebar.
>>
>>44818588
I get it, AC for AC/DC currents
>>
>>44818632
Are you thinking of Flash Flaminglow, now Commander of Air Cavalry?
>>
>>44816630
For the people already trying to choose a hunt, I would like to point out that Sabomole will likely be the kind of asshole who keeps ducking into holes and harassing us. I think that we're going to need something with serious penetration and spread to handle him, seeing as normally walls are a no go, and we'll need him before we hit Mortarphant, so I still support Moloch as our next hunt. Earthrend Moloch's thing that was mentioned is basically a bunker buster, and that sounds like just the trick for facing someone who would otherwise be able to attack us from any direction and with cover. So I still vote Moloch.
>>
File: Wheel Gator defects.gif (1 MB, 400x296) Image search: [Google]
Wheel Gator defects.gif
1 MB, 400x296
>>44818632
Flash Rezador was one of Los Mortales, "The Deadly Ones," one of Commander Valdivieso's eight handpicked agents and an old, old veteran. He and his fellows walked out during the early days of Commander Thomas Wong's time as leader of the hunters.
>>
File: 1452450790285.png (53 KB, 256x222) Image search: [Google]
1452450790285.png
53 KB, 256x222
>>44817674
>>44818374
You could just reuse this one.
>>
>>44818736
Former Commander. Unfortunately he was shot down in the Mav Raid.
>>
File: Cain Labs designs upgrades.gif (5 MB, 261x211) Image search: [Google]
Cain Labs designs upgrades.gif
5 MB, 261x211
Okay folks, going to be a little AFK-ish for about half an hour doing something incredibly inadvisable. Possibly more if I pass out/die. It's cool, Cain Labs will take care of you, you'll be fine.
>>
>>44819059
We're fucked.
>>
we just saved rho. ask rho what to pick.
>>
>>44819059
Feel better soon.
>>
>>44819059
Try and take care of yourself a bit at least.

Random question: Do we still have Foxfire's knife?
>>
>>44819059
Yes.

>>44819085
Yes.
>>
>>44818765
I agree Moloch is probably Sabmoles weakness but i think we will be fine without that weapon.
>>
I HAVE CHALLENGED THE FLESH AND EMERGED TRIUMPHANT

I AM IRON

ALL WEAKNESS SHALL BE PURGED

HAIL SIGMA
>>
>>44819953
>[muffled DESHI, BASARA in the distance]
>>
>>44819953
>>44819992
As big a movie buff as Anode is, I'm disappointed we haven't done a single Banepost as him yet.
>>
>>44819953
WE'RE (mostly) FUCKED.
>>
>>44820022
Maybe if we were trolling with Foxfire. Or Cathode, who is a bigger comic nerd.
>>
Stand by, overeating.

'Murica.
>>
File: Busyplace.png (1 MB, 1020x650) Image search: [Google]
Busyplace.png
1 MB, 1020x650
>>44817846
The OPAL integration is a lot simpler than you thought--a linkup to your eyeball, once they remove a bit more of your head than you're really cool with to get at it--and with an auxiliary plugin that interfaces with your optical systems, your new senses come online.

It's... more or less underwhelming, though seeing a real-world holographic crosshair when they demonstrate its ability to pick up other signals is trippy.

They let you go with a clean bill of health, and you return to the Fourth for the last leg of your repairs...

...Only to get turned down.

"Speed shifts," one of the Lifesavers says gruffly. "Lab's set up for heavy damage right now and we've got wounded coming in, which means we do things in passes--heavy, medium, light. You're stable. Tonight or tomorrow morning you'll get called."

"Why not just do everyone start to finish?"

"We're down a man for priority response," he replies. "We need that bed free on zero notice, with a doctor on call, while still able to deal with heavy damage when we expect it."

And that leaves you half-fixed--your shields/LIFE cell are topped back up, at least--and with nothing to do.

So you find yourself at the Pond.

On a central table as you walk in, you see a small birdhouse, hastily changed into a ballot box.Scratch paper and pens are on the table.

"Rename vote," it says.
>Remain The Pond
>Become The Hole
>Become The Last Dodo
>Other?
>>
>>44821090
>Become the Crappy Namesake

It's what Dodo would've wanted.
>>
>>44821090
>The Last Dodo.
Much as I love the pond, Dodo was a gentleman, scholar, and savior of the bar. We can name the latrine 'the tanker'.

>>44821125
Thats what Seven would want. He was the one who said that, and seven is a dirty liar.
>>
>>44821090
>Become the Crappy Namesake
>>
>>44821090
>Become The Last Dodo
>>
>>44821125
this or the last dodo
>>
>>44821090
>>Become The Last Dodo
>>
>>44821090
>The Magnificent Anode
I kid, I kid.
>>
>>44821090

>Become The Last Dodo
>>
>>44821090
>>Become The Last Dodo

>Become The Hole is also acceptable
>>
>>44821090
Switching >>44821125 to
>The Last Dodo

As >>44821163 was right, Seven said it. Although I could see Dodo saying it too, fuck Seven.
>>
Rolled 11 (1d20)

Rolling for shitty handwriting
>>
>>44821090
>Become The Last Dodo

I believe this is the best option overall, as stated.
>>
>>44821090
>Become The Last Dodo
it's much more iconic and recognizable to other people.

Dodo: Evolved
too much like a cheesy movie name?
>>
File: logoattempt.png (193 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
logoattempt.png
193 KB, 1600x900
>>44818588
Well until you find a proper one, how about this for now?
>>
File: maverick hunter on shore leave.gif (1 MB, 300x162) Image search: [Google]
maverick hunter on shore leave.gif
1 MB, 300x162
>>44821163
>>44821169
>>44821175
>>44821188
>>44821296
>>44821412
>>44821416
>>44821547
>>44821817
It's not a hard decision.

Max nods to you as you approach the bar. "Picked the Last Dodo, did you?"

"How'd you know?" you ask.

"Everybody has," he says. "Can hardly blame them."

"Don't you mind? I mean, this is your bar."

"No," he replies, sliding you a beer, no questions asked. "While there's the hunters, there's this place. Whatever they all it, it's here for them. And they've been here for it."

"Yeah." You raise a glass, and after a moment, Max gets himself one and clinks it to yours. "How's Gopher taking it?"

He chuckles. "He's hardly about to throw a fit. He spent a few years here before he was sent to Japan, might have been enough time to imagine his name up in lights. You'd have to ask him."

"Think I'll pass," you reply, sipping.

"Right," Max says with a slightly weary grunt. "Time for the Schwarzhund special. Need to talk about anything?"

>...Nah. This is nice.
>...Yeah, actually.
>>
File: ART.jpg (154 KB, 420x543) Image search: [Google]
ART.jpg
154 KB, 420x543
>>44822120
Nice! Thanks a ton.
>>
>>44822128
>...Nah. This is nice.
>>
>>44822128
>...Yeah, actually.
Something about the Weissritter stinks. Tell me it's not just me. What's their deal, anyway?
>>
>>44822128
>...Nah. This is nice.
>Check if Emerald's been in
>>
>>44822128
>..yeah, actually.
Let's be honest. Foxfire made us the fool and we got through due to sheer strength by the end. Whatever the reason, we took unnecessary damage. It stung.
>>
>>44822128
>...Yeah, actually.

>>44822202
They are named the White Knights in German.

German has "Evil" connotations and White Knight implies "holier that thou." Combined they imply bad guys who think that they are the good guys.
>>
>>44822362
So what you're saying is assholes, all of them. Or I assume you're saying that? I mean, Halcyon has shown far too much interest in the politics of things instead of doing his damn job
>>
>>44822128
>..yeah, actually.

Might ask if he's heard any rumors of things, we've been away for a short while, who knows what he's heard (if anything)

Also >44822202 and >44822245 aren't bad options either.
>>
File: logoattemptunugly.png (194 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
logoattemptunugly.png
194 KB, 1600x900
>>44822120
>>44822164
Whoops, just noticed the weirdness going on with the C. Don't drink and GIMP kids.
>>
>>44822128

>...Yeah, actually.
More than anything we, like Em, have a whole lot of personal shit that we don't have the luxery to deal with because 2nd Maverick War.
>>
>>44822577
Third. We're in the meat of X3.
>>
>>44822408
I'm more saying that HC is using various things that imply that we will have an antagonistic relationship with these guys in the future.
>>
>>44822714
Such as making them rampant assholes.
>>
>>44822737
Or at the least the ones we have been introduced to in story so far are assholes. We might see a Bro tier nice/cool guy member in the future, but the ones we have been introduced to so far have been assholes.
>>
>>44822877
These guys got away with stonewalling Rhodes, even to the point of fucking him over during the attack on HQ.
>>
File: neverforget.gif (11 KB, 426x482) Image search: [Google]
neverforget.gif
11 KB, 426x482
>>44822202
>>44822307
>>44822362
>>44822492
>>44822577
You sigh. "Filling in for the old guy already, am I?"

"Your posture says yes."

You grumble and take a swig. "I just got completely fucking trashed by a hopped up mercenary with a dumb gimmick bag."

"Low threat?"

"B."

"Dodo was B-rank," Max observes quietly.

"Yeah, but--you know what I mean, right?"

"I do--and you're doing something Schwarz used to do, until I knocked some sense into him," Max says fondly. "You're assuming just because you were built tough, that's the only way to win."

"Well--no, I mean. It's not like..." you sigh. "If I'm built better, I should do better. Not doing that is just fucking up, right?"

"Yes and no. It's good to remember that, though. But the nastiest customers are usually the smallest. If you have less to work with, you're more creative with it. You think about what you're doing harder. Less room for error. I've poured drinks for S-ranks in here that got thoroughly humiliated by Bs."

"So...should I feel bad, or not feel bad?"

"It doesn't really matter how you feel, as long as you learn. A well-prepared, well-equipped, well-entrenched enemy is going to be a nightmare no matter what class. Stop thinking of their class as anything but a basis. So what did you learn today?"

"That my melee game is trash against anyone more nimble than I am."

"You rang?" Em asks from behind you, resting his elbow on your head.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.