[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does all Chaos worship have to be Extremist?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 11
File: Nurgle.jpg (84 KB, 817x588) Image search: [Google]
Nurgle.jpg
84 KB, 817x588
Alright, we know how pretty much everybody in 40k is evil (Except the Harlequins and Salamanders) and it's all a question of if you are Lawful, Neutral or Chaotic.

But, I can't help but think, is there actually a means of worshipping Chaos, only, not to its extremist extent? I mean, is it possible for one to worship, like, Nurgle, as a god of Nature (Decay breaks down the body into its neutrients that feeds new life.)

I mean, I know that this is never going to be addressed in canon, due to "Muh Grimdark only war." But, hypothetically, would there be a way for one to worship the Chaos Gods without actually going Genocidal?
>>
>>43740230
No, because chaos is a degenerative illness

"worshipping chaos with moderation" would be like falling from orbit at a constant rate, to achieve that you should do all kinds of things that in the end is easier to say you're just landing on a planet.
In the same way worshipping chaos in moderation doesn't actually exist, it's called being a sage who observes the nature of the material and the immaterial
>>
>>43740230
Probably. But, as you said, it not really important to anyone else unless you fuck up and summon demons or some inquisitor thinks you are fucking up and nukes your planet just to be sure.
>>
>>43740230
The theme of the setting is crazy extremes. That's what makes it interesting and what people want to see.

That's why there are no 40k stories of a happy middle-class neighborhood on a space station where people go to work and pay moderate taxes. Instead its a hive slum on a dying world under a fascist space pope with insane alien cultists running around. Or something equally over-the-top.
>>
>>43740230
>Why does all Chaos worship have to be Extremist?
Same reason all Meth use is neurologically damaging.

Chaos worship isn't a religion, no matter what Lorgar thought.
>>
>>43740230
You can but have fun convincing this board of faggots about it. Look at Norsca from WHFRP before it went down the shitter for an example.
>>
Reasonable Daemonette. Safe, sane, consensual!
>>
>>43740230
>Worshiping Chaos God
>Not vying to be the most devout
>Not wanting to go genocidal
>Not wanting to be a living monument to their greatness

What a pleb faggot.
>>
>>43740230
You have to remember that chaos is more like a disease than a philosophy. Even items and places can be corrupted and spread it. Merely encountering warp energy, chaos manifestations and especially worshiping chaos corrupts you whether you want it or not, and this makes you increasingly amoral and unhinged. A very slippery slope. This is probably because belief effects warp, so the dark gods want their followers to be as fanatic as possible. They punish and reward their followers to cause this. Also, the greatest rewards of chaos like immortality, daemonhood and artifacts only come to VERY extreme people.
>>
>>43740230
I'd imagine it's a slippery slope type deal.
Folks think "you know that juggle guy seems like a nice fella despite what everyone says. He does love me after all"

Then like 5 or 6 months later your staring at your blackened intestines hanging out your stomach and thinking "I shouldn't even bother putting those back in again, they're just going to keep falling out"
>>
>>43740230
>But, I can't help but think, is there actually a means of worshipping Chaos, only, not to its extremist extent?

Yes, there is. That is how most chaos worshipping cults in the Imperium start. Something moderate, something that would be harmless if it stayed at that level.

The problem is that it doesn't stay there. People slip slowly into it over time. Lots of little steps where each individual step looks like a good idea from the person about to take it.
>>
>>43740470
>That's why there are no 40k stories of a happy middle-class neighborhood on a space station where people go to work and pay moderate taxes

There totally are, except they're only mentioned when bad shit suddenly finds its way to that planet and rips it to pieces.
>>
File: 1447891513873.png (119 KB, 402x564) Image search: [Google]
1447891513873.png
119 KB, 402x564
Why would you want to worship chaos at all? Why not keep worshiping the Emperor and be has genocidal?
>>
>>43740230
The issue with your question is that everyone who falls to chaos, started off trying to fight it. It slowly corrodes a persons sanity and drives them to the "kill maim burn" mentality that they get later on. No one willingly falls to chaos (save maybe Lorgar).
>>
>>43744158
I don't know if that's true. There are tons of people in the Imperium who don't even know what Chaos is.

For example, say their cousin comes back from their camping trip and tells them about this cool shrine they found beloning to some goddess of music, and the two resolve to design a perfect symphony in her honor.

Slowly they gather more people into their orchestra, and plan a big surprise performance. Before you know it, you've got a big cult of Slaanesh operating. Does that mean that everyone i it immediately devolves into a rape/fuck/kill mindset?
>>
File: blade_fatvampire.jpg (31 KB, 584x306) Image search: [Google]
blade_fatvampire.jpg
31 KB, 584x306
>>43744158
speaking of whom, can you imagine what that dude looks like after all this time just sitting around in the basement on Sicarus? Literally the only thing he's done is teach Abby some daemon-summoning, and it's not like he even left the room to do that.
>>
No, because Chaos is an active force in its own right. This isn't like praying to the Emperor where nothing happens but you believe it does. Chaos is an active force with its own agenda. Chaos doesn't give you anything but what it wants.

You're not worshiping gods, you're worshiping extra-dimensional thought-forms. Chaos doesn't get anything from your worship because it's the emotions that create it and those emotions exist regardless. Engendering cults through psychic fuckery and making good sources of those emotions stronger (Daemonhood and all that) just fosters extreme pockets of the emotions Chaos thrives on. You can sacrifice and chant and slay and spread pestilence and dissent and paranoia in what you believe to be worship, but it doesn't matter, all it needs is for you to feel what it needs you to feel. Chaos 'worship' is a one-sided parasitism.

OP, you don't go to Chaos. Chaos goes to you.
>>
>>43744432
>Not having a 6++ save from sheer devotion to the Emperor
>>
>>43744310
>Does that mean that everyone i it immediately devolves into a rape/fuck/kill mindset?

In the end, yes, because all Slaanesh needs is for you to feel pleasure over and over and over again in any way it can get you to do so. It works via the very insidious fact that prolonged exposure just normalizes things for people, so those bog orchestras become normal and they don't produce the emotion Slaanesh needs. So it gets you to do something bigger, and then bigger and bigger until who knows where you end up.

There is a perverse slant to Slaanesh simply due to its method of entering the universe through mass space elf orgies, so that's probably just in it's nature.
>>
>>43740230

Because that is what the gods desire.
>>
>>43740230
>is there actually a means of worshipping Chaos, only, not to its extremist extent?
Just look at the pic you posted.
>>
>>43744514

You start off with one song, it's nice but you all feel it could be better

The more you practice the more unsatisfied with your development even as you have people praising you for your musical genius it's still not enough.

You delve deeper learning and studying every aspect of music you can think of and creating new forms of music but it's still not enough even though you've basically innovated the genre on your world.

Next then you know you're going into some truly esoteric shit trying to find new materials to produce the sound that you're looking for. It's not long from there you've gotten into some pretty fucked up shit in order to do it. Why do you need the skull of a young virgin boy to make your flute out of? why did you cut off the arms and legs of this girl and hook her up to a life support system so all she has to do is sing a few notes on que? Why is your Organ literally using blood as a cooling agent?

After that, it's way to late and you've put on the perfect show at which point the horder of daemonettes comes flooding out of the pink mist your instruments are creating as one stops, turns to look at you, and licks your eyeballs while fucking your ears because you've finally achieved the perfect note you've been looking for even as your mind and soul are being fucked out of existence.

By then, the Grey Knights and the Inquisition is busy cleaning up and scouring the town of all life and unlife and already considering just turning the planet into a dustball because it may be well and truly to late to save it.
>>
File: 1348277364635.jpg (41 KB, 504x360) Image search: [Google]
1348277364635.jpg
41 KB, 504x360
While a good Dark Heresy game will have players up against the manifestations of Chaos worship, I've found that what creates the most memorable case files are the ones filled to the brim of moral ambiguity.

I constantly throw my players into situations where they have to make choices between two evils or to weigh the consequences of their actions. This could include pursuing a Chymist who has developed a cure for his ailing planet, but that cure was distilled from chaos corruption (The players even roleplayed going to their Inquisitor to check every bylaw that may allow the cure to exist. Ultimately it was decided the threat of taint was more than the lives of the populace). Or once they encountered a feudal planet where a Priest, sickened by the corruption of the wealth of nobility, tried to help the poor ascend beyond death ("To pray eternal") unwittingly using a Hereticus Majoris tome laced with demonic prayers.

I'm not saying you have to do this, or even that it's 'canon' for the setting, but at least my players really enjoy riding the line. The way they see it is that the populace of Man cannot be afforded the luxury of philosophy into the matter of Chaos. To let the masses debate is to invite disorder, but in order to ensure the strings of the Imperium are kept taut sometimes those with the authority to consider may need to make choices which would bring only death to lesser men.

If I can finish a session, with the group questioning their actions in the debriefing, then I feel I've properly given the tone Dark Heresy was looking for.
>>
>>43744722
Exactly it. And the whole time your being pushed to do so because Slaanesh needs you to do so, for the emotions the pleasure makes in you when you hope and plan and gather materials and the moment up to when you first begin playing, then the insatiable need to do more. The excess involved in needing to go to larger and longer lengths to achieve pleasure are what fuels Slaanesh. Chaos worship is one-sided parasitism masked in favour and a pretense of freedom of indulgence when you're just being used as an emotion farm by the Chaos Gods.
>>
File: Redemptionist.jpg (209 KB, 671x973) Image search: [Google]
Redemptionist.jpg
209 KB, 671x973
>>43744760
>ever questioning your duty to the Imperium
>ever questioning the moral clarity given to you by Imperial Scripture
>ever questioning the absolute rightness of the Emperor and the utter evil of anyone or anything not devoted to him

I don't even all this Heresy.
>>
>>43744722
>>43744885
I get its supposed to be Grimdark and all, but that just feels like it cuts off a lot of possibilities for giving Chaos characters actual personality.

It also feels a bit off with how the Choas gods get power. Khorne doesn't care about whose blood it is, he just wants it to flow. He gets power from everything from domestic violence to full-scale war.
>>
>>43745201
Well, the character given to Chaos is they're these super powerful space gods in another dimension who plot and scheme and have champions and armies of monsters, they are the Dark Lords of any high fantasy novel. But the truth of it is that's what we put upon them, that's 40K humanity's understanding of it, that's in fact Chaos worshipers understanding of it.

The truth of it is Chaos isn't really intelligent, it's just another Xeno, just in a radically different form. It's a single minded, non-centralized force that gets its very shape and being from the emotions because it is connected parasitically to the minds of sentient, individualistic life. When you're angry, you make an anger creature in the Warp, a fleeting form of flailing rage. When entire nations and successions of cultures entrench hatred of outsiders, you get shit like Khorne. And then Khorne, large enough to be aware, realizes it has a parasitic connection to us and actively tries goading people into anger and hatred and rage. Everything connected to the act of killing is a means to an end for Khorne.

The same goes for the others, everything they do is a single-minded act to further the creation of emotions upon which their existence depends. Nurgle feeds off death, rot and decay and excess of bacterial and virulent life which further create death, in an endless cycle. Nurgle gets his power suffering and survival, since something else usually dies for that. In survival and cessation of suffering comes pleasure, which pleases and feeds Slaanesh. To survive, you must plan and think, which feeds Tzeentch. They're all connected.

Chaos isn't totally logical and clear cut, it is, after all, totally alien to us. Due to its nature it has access to things we don't for it to survive and these things are invasive and strange. These base and natural things we do it needs us to do more and more because it doesn't understand that the excess it craves actually kills us. Chaos is just an animal.
>>
>>43745612
Exactly. Chaos is really chaotic and not easy to understand by nature. Its an ultimately corrupting influence, though I don't see why it needs to corrupt in the same way or to the same degrees all the time.

Obviously their end goal is maximum corruption for as much emotional feedback as possible, but even animals understand that smaller things are harder to find than big things.
>>
>>43745893
I doubt everyone gets corrupted at the same rate. Some people might be less perceptive or malleable in the way Chaos needs. Chaos might even understand that it might be good to go slow for a bit. But in the end, it is an animal, and an alien animal at that, it's not going to think in a way which makes complete sense to us.
>>
My reasoning that if you aren't extremists, then you aren't willing to go to the lengths that extremists will go to and be killed off. It doesn't matter what you believe in if you're killed off.
>>
>>43745893

It doesn't have to happen the same way in every circumstance.

Take Abbadon for example; Sure he tells the chaos gods to go fuck themselves and refuses to pledge himself individual to any one of them but it's only a matter of time. What makes him any better then his Primarch? The chaos gods will get angry about it and rage and then calm down and get impaitent and flail about and then calm down again and do it all all over again. However he only has to slip up once, all it takes is for the right situation for him to cave and then he falls just like everyone else. If the Primarchs of all people, who are the genetic sons/clones of the Emperor himself could fall so easily then so can he and they all took the long spiral towards chaos as well.
>>
>>43745985
That's about what I figured, which seems to be somewhat in line with OP's questioning. There are more moderate followers of Chaos, in the sense that they've retained some sanity and are at a lower level of corruption.
>>
>>43746091
If only because something about them stems that corrupting influence. They're not moderate of their own choosing. I personally don't think it can stay that way forever because Chaos over one person is too powerful and influence. But who knows, Chaos might just fuck off because they're not a good enough source of food.
>>
>>43740230

Same reason you don't hear about the Muslim that went to the store to buy a carton of milk and then went home to drink some tea.

They're not getting any of the attention. If you want moderate Chaos, look at Daemon World, Pawns of Chaos, Eye of Terror, Farseer (to some extent), etc. Even Liber Chaotica has some examples of Chaos worshipers who aren't frothing at the mouth nutters.

Daemons World has a planet with leadership and if you remove Marines and space ships, it'd read like a Fantasy novel. Farseer has a bar ran by a cultist, and there's a pretty laid back Noise Marine with his own ship and crew. Pawns of Chaos has the Imperials be frothing at the mouth baby killers while the Chaos worshipers are like "what the fuck is wrong with these people?" Eye of Terror has all sorts of Chaos planets that aren't drenched in blood, including a hippie brother and sister cruising the Warp currents to the whims of the dark gods.
>>
File: Immaterium[1].jpg (133 KB, 900x720) Image search: [Google]
Immaterium[1].jpg
133 KB, 900x720
>>43740230
Chaos emanates from the Warp.
The Warp is created by the emotions and subconscient of psychically sensitive races (anything not blank/tau/necron).
By worshipping Chaos you basically decide to get in tune with your instincts and cease to repress them with conscious throughts.
So your urges grow stonger, and stronger, because of constant sublimation.
And even if you're a parangon of virtue, at some point you'll be so unhinged that you're going to slip, because you'll be nothing more than a slave to your basic impulses, with no more concerns about morals.

Also, GRIMDARK. Since there is positive emotions there should be positive daemons in Warhammer, but you'll notice that virtous ones are inexistant in the fluff. Corruption is grimdark, so everything is corrupt. QED.
>>
>>43740230
Listen, OP, you're a slave to darkness if you go Chaos. The Gods are austitic spoiled brats, and your suffering is their favorite Saturday morning cartoon. They're murder gods and going to war is the greatest way to worship them. I can't draw a picture on my phone and because I'm terrible at art, but do you know where every Chaos follower is on the ladder? Normally not even the first step. You're all equally not even on the bottom of the totem pole. Normally. There are highly favored slaves, but again you're a disposable slave. Here's what the Gods want:
1: Your soul
2: Your blood more so if it's Khorne
3: Same with your skull
4: Death of reality
5: Your emotions
6: Fun
Note: Fun equals the rules light game that is the Great Game, and #1-5 are objectives.
What you have to look forward to if serving for Chaos:
1: Being eaten
2: Mutations
3: Getting a kidney stone that's like the brain maggot TF2.
4: The kidney stone becoming the true lord of your warband and becoming a DP instead of you
5: damnation
6: chasing after bells and whistles the Gods wave in your face
There. I don't have time to aruge with the Chaos Internet Defence Force. Chaos is the eviliest faction in 40k. Don't delude yourself. Even if you're a DP, you're a puppet and you will job when the Imperium gets a new model for sell. That's all that matters. Models being sold.
>>
>>43744310
There is literally an exact word for word example of that story in story of the chaos space marines book from black library, and yes the orchestra turns into a killfuckfest
>>
>>43745201
>I get its supposed to be Grimdark and all, but that just feels like it cuts off a lot of possibilities for giving Chaos characters actual personality.

You might think that, but in practice you'd just see a lot of staple archetypes with WOO CHAOS THEMES, and the end product would just be Chaos getting diluted and boring.

There are plenty of interesting way to do insane, extreme Chaos characters.
>>
>>43740230
>extremist
Chaos is a religion of peace.
>>
>>43740230
Because Chaos itself is extreme and it's a faction in a wargame.
>>
>>43740230

You can start out worshiping Chaos just a little, but bit by bit you get exposed to too much of it and the very nature of your soul will be altered. One day you'll wake up and be a rabid bloodcrazed psychopath/disease ridden zombie/raving lunatic/hermaphrotic BDSM social justice warrior with a tentacle fetish, without even thinking about what you've become.

Chaos worship, not even once.
>>
Because "mental/emotional/spiritual feedback loops gone wrong" is the whole damn premise of Chaos.
>>
Imagine transhuman mental editing. Imagine the slippery slope. You start out as Random Anon, 10% workaholic, 90% NEET. You edit yourself to 20%/80%, so you don't hate work as much and can afford more vidya.

But now, faced with the decision to edit again, you're starting from 20%/80%. The new you decides to go to 30%/70%, even though the old one would have called that madness.

Chaos is the same slippery slope, but with primal emotions like war or sex. It can't be contained, caged, or controlled.
>>
>>43748369
Sex and war aren't emotions.
>>
>Everybody in 40k is evil
>Except the Harlequins and Salamanders

The Space Wolves would like to have a word with you.
>>
File: 1373740915753.jpg (469 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1373740915753.jpg
469 KB, 1920x1080
>>43740230
>much everybody in 40k is evil (Except the Harlequins and Salamanders
>salamanders
Burning innocent human children is certainly not good. Alsp shit chapter of losers.
>>
>>43740230
>>43740488
Yeah, Cain makes a mention to it in one of the books that just worshipping its name and acting silly isn't enough. Chaos in 40k is the taint of the warp.
People can still act angry, lustful, manipulative, or sickly without the influence of Chaos.
>>
>>43748511
Pleasure and rage is.
>>
>>43744310
That has happened before, but it's pretty much the opposite of what I said, the hardcore drugs, sex and rock n'roll don't suddenly start (though Slaanesh does have a tendency to throw some "surprises" at people) it's a slow burn that eventually ends up that way.
>>
>>43744319
....I don't want to....
>>
File: Heretics.jpg (189 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Heretics.jpg
189 KB, 1920x1080
>>43746089
>he only has to slip up once
>in a static setting

Is this is the kind of low-info newb /tg/ has to put up with these days? Spoiler alert, fagets:

Extremism is what the underemployed comic book writers in GW's stable think 12yos want to see. Maybe they're right, maybe not, but the whole issue with "Chaos" is that the crunch contradicts the fluff.

There are 50 shades of grey morality in the K-verse, but Citadel only makes 2 Marine factions for it. This means that, if your chapter suddenly sprouts pigeon wings or snake fangs or has a teensy blackout/ bloodrage flaw in their geneseed, it's all good - cos your models come from the "loyalist" line of figs. If your faction is represented by models from the Chaos Marines line though, you're fucked no matter what you did. Even if your Legion's primarch literally Did Nothing Wrong(tm) - tough tittie. If your Grimdark Boy Scouts chapter was declared traitorus via clerical error - tough tittie. You're fucked.

Enjoy daemons and mutations, even if your crew has never been anywhwere near The Warp.

THAT is why there are no reasonable Marines in the lore - patent clerks and public accountants don't shift merch. WE have to make the grey armies. And that's what makes these "WHY NOT" threads pathetic - those things must exist, somewhere, in a galaxy-wide setting with a 50,000yr history. You just haven't seen them, yet.

This shit isn't difficult plebes.
>>
>>43740488
>Chaos worship isn't a religion
this

this is the reason why the euphoric atheist dictatorship of the emprah didn't accomplish shit. He banned religion in hopes of putting the chaos forces at check, but it isn't faith what drives them, just primal desires and emotions
>>
>>43755329
>chaos
>not a religion

Then why are they called "gods"? Why are they worshiped?

It's not that worship leads to Chaos, but it can be a gateway. People get suckered in and get a veil pulled over their heads to hide the true nature of the dark gods from them. It's not the anti-religion of the Emperor that's there to stop Chaos worhship, but to stop enabling it and bring their true nature forth. When you can't worship them as gods, what are they then?
>>
>>43740230

There is a very shallow end of the pool when it comes to worshipping Chaos, where you are still yourself. The moment you cross that point, even a little, the chaos gods install NPC_CULTIST.EXE in your brain and completely replace you from the inside out. You are no longer in control of your own soul, it belongs to chaos now. All of your wants, desires and motivations are stripped away from you and replaced with warped ones.

It is impossible to use the power of chaos for good ends, because the act of using chaos means that YOU no longer exist. There is a cultist meat puppet using your body who has your memories and skills, but he has nothing in common with who you were before. Not really.
>>
>>43748780
Go back to yiffing your wolves :^)
>>
>>43740230
>D&D alignment axis
>40K
No.
>Chaos but not extremist
No. That's literally what Chaos is, an aggregation of emotions and thoughts distilled into a pure, less diluted form.
>>43755484
They're cocaine, heroin, PCP. You can "worship" Khorne, but it means nothing to either Khorne or you (aside from the fact that believing they exist empowers them, but that's not limited to worship). What does things for them, so they may decide to do things for you, is to feed them through your actions. Be excessive, kill, bring about change, despair. That's what actual Chaos worship is, you do the shit they're embodiments of, which changes you, because Warp.
>>
>>43740495
this, this board is full of impeial shills, just create your own fluff for your moderate chaos warband or planet, thats exactly what the setting needs atm
>>
>>43758452
But you do it, in many cases, like a religion. As a tribute. What Chaos worshiper goes "well, time to get angry and kill some fools to feed my parasitic alien overlord's thirst for emotions"? They're just hacking away to receive the blessings of their gods and shit.
>>
>>43760578
>moderate chaos warband or planet, thats exactly what the setting needs atm
Khorne got offended by a peaceful village once.
>atm
Cut that out.
>>
Arguably the blood pact show a more moderate worship of Khorne than wholesale slaughter in Guants Ghosts.
>>
>>43760727
They must be resisting their God's influence then.
>>
>>43760686
Obviously a Khorne warband or planet wouldn't be peaceful, but there are degrees where you can still have it without everything devolving into a demonic hellscape with always-angry berserkers and oceans of blood.

Maybe its a cross between Aztec culture and Gladiator Colosseum, the warband going out to gather more prisoners and beasts for their arena. The planet's culture is then built up around that.
>>
>>43760686
Even Khorne needs some "peaceful" planets to breed new cultists, build weapons and ammunition and perform rituals.
Picture a "peace" like in Mordor, not like in the Shire.
You should read "Hammer of Deamons"

And of course, full on Khornites with CSM, Demons & shit wont be very reasonable or moderate but what about a mongol-like warrior society on some planet or traitor guardsmen who only partially worship chaos.
>>
Worshipping chaos is like being addicted to heroin, one does not become "moderately addicted" to heroin.
>>
>>43760787
>everything devolving into a demonic hellscape with always-angry berserkers and oceans of blood.
But Khorne loves that.
>>43760797
>Even Khorne needs some "peaceful" planets to breed new cultists, build weapons and ammunition and perform rituals.
I'm sure Khorne wants you to be fighting while doing all of those things. It's like praying mantis mating habits.
>>
>>43760840
>But Khorne loves that

Everyone is very quick to point out that he doesn't care where the blood flows.

Either he does care, in which case it makes more sense to go for quality and fight actual fights instead of systematically murdering unarmed peasants. Or he doesn't care, in which case it doesn't matter how you set up your killing operation as long as its killing something.
>>
>>43760894
I was talking about the hellscape, the berserkers and the oceans of blood.
>>
>>43760941
And then once its at that point and everyone has killed eachother the blood stops.
>>
>>43760840
>I'm sure Khorne wants you to be fighting while doing all of those things. It's like praying mantis mating habits.

Khorne would want some Gladiator fights and sacrifices every now and then to "keep it flowing" but that doesnt mean that everyone has to be killed all the fucking time.
The average cultist will probably be killed in battle at an age between 16 and 30 but that are still a lot of days without dying. Otherwise there wouldnt even be any warbands or armies..

Saddly GW is becoming more and more retarded when it comes to chaos fluff..
>>
>>43760987
>Otherwise there wouldnt even be any warbands or armies..
What if they reproduce by fragmentation?
>>
>>43761038
Khornates aren't Orks.
>>
>>43761044
Think Starfish. I'm sure Khorne would love his followers to do that sort of mess. Chop off an arm, and get a new cultist.
>>
Read the All Guardsman Party. There's one session that has reasonable Chaos cultists who they kill anyway

Also, why no mention of Black Crusade?
>>
>>43761090
Actually, i wouldnt be surprised if GW would wake this canon.

That way they could put out even more:
>"And then everybody killed everyone and it rained blood, skulls and axes!!!"
trash-tier fluff..
>>
File: Curse of the Old Ones.jpg (557 KB, 1936x2592) Image search: [Google]
Curse of the Old Ones.jpg
557 KB, 1936x2592
>>43761155
I'm surprised they haven't. Khorne will get blood one way or another. If not his prefered way, he'll get creative. And good God Emperor, will he get creative.
>>
>>43761225
is that a kidney stone?
>>
>>43761291
Yes it is. Khorne probably loves these things.
>>
>>43761349
it looks kind of pretty desu senpai
>>
>>43740506
>Safe, sane, consensual!

Now, remember Children, if they don't actually say "No", then it's consensual!
>>
>>43743783

Because when I worship Tzeentch and troll someone online, I get free electicity for a week from all the warp sparks that fly out of my head.

What is Emps doing for me besides sending the Inquisition to torture me?
>>
>>43761368
How?
>>
>>43761439
it looks like a jade flower
>>
>>43761455
The blood and the edges distract me.
>>
>>43740230
Because the ones that aren't extremist haven't been found out yet.

The young woman with a tiny doodle of Slaanesh's symbol on her inner thigh and an intense preoccupation with holding hands and cuddling her guardsman husbando isn't going to raise any alarms.

That same woman getting increasingly horrific peircings, drugging and raping anyone who catches her eye, and mixing together blood and semen into a foul mixture used to summon a daemon into the heart of her homeworld while skinning herself alive and rubbing drugs and medicines into the exposed muscle and blood vessels?

That is what brings down the hammer.

The Imperium is not omniscient. They can't tell when heresy is occurring until the heretic does something heretical where they can see it.
>>
>>43761349

LISTEN HERE YOU MAGGOT

UNLESS YOU PULLED THAT STONE OUT OF SOMEONE'S KIDNEYS WITH YOUR OWN BARE HANDS, OR OUT OF YOUR OWN FUCKING KIDNEYS SO YOU COULD THROW THEM AT SOMEONE, THEN I DON'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT YOUR KIDNEY STONES.

NURGLE DOES. THAT FAT FUCK WHO ONLY SITS AND CALLS EVERYONE "SON". GO GIVE HIM A CALL. FEED HIM THAT. HE PROBABLY LOVES IT, THAT SICK ASSHOLE.

IF YOU DARE FUCKING SAY WHAT I DO OR DO NOT LIKE WITHOUT HAVING SOME BASIC UNDERSTANDING ABOUT WHAT THE GOD OF "WAR, BLOODSHED AND COMBAT" MEANS, I'M FUCKING TELEPORTING KHARN TO YOUR ROOM. FUCK, I MIGHT EVEN TELEPORT TZEENTCH OVER THERE SO HE CAN TEACH YOU SOMETHING BEFORE I SEND KHARN.

GOT THAT?

I HOPE YOUR FUCKING EYES ARE BLEEDING FROM READING ALL THIS, BECAUSE I'D LOVE THAT. THAT KIND OF THING IS THE THING I LIKE! HURTING YOU WITH WORDS. MAKING YA BLEED. MAKING THE BLOOD FLOW. IS THE BLOOD FLOWING? IS IT COMING FROM SOMEONE? DID YOU MAKE THE BLOOD FLOW? GOOD. DID IT INVOLVE VIOLENCE AND COMBAT? BETTER.

WAS IT AN ACCIDENT? DID YOU RUN YOURSELF WITH A PAIR OF SCISSORS? BOO FUCKING HOO, I DON'T GIVE A FUCK, ONE OF MY ASSHOLE BROTHERS IS PROBABLY ROLLING OVER THO, SO GO FUCK YOURSELF. I HOPE KHARN CUTS YOUR HEAD OFF SO I CAN USE IT AS A SOCCER BALL.
>>
>imperial citizen is docile, uneducated and goes with whatever the largest most powerful establishment is that can provide them with a comfortable life
>imperial citizen chooses chaos
>imperial citizen follows chaos like they would the imperium, become Dawn of War cultist units and die OR end up as citizens of a Chaos system that is similar but not as bad
alternately
>space marine / IG veteran joins Chaos
>probably just join a larger military force in the Chaos warbands
>might end up turning into a black crusade player character

Point is, the odds are against people worshiping Chaos without taking it to some level of extreme, but there are Chaos followers out there who honestly don't give shit for dicks about the gods and just enjoy Chaos because of the freedom it affords them, usually these are space marines that got bored of not killing things.
>>
>>43761520
I'm now sitting here, imagining Khorne wearing a robe and skull slippers, sitting in front of a minuscule computer, tiny reading glasses on his face, foaming at the mouth while tipping furiously
>>
>>43760780
Nah they help khorne keep in the closet about the fact he's only out for killing by showing that khorne is also about well oiled metaphorical war machines, military honor and the respect warriors hold for each other in general.
>>
>>43740230
Probably someone already said it, but in the
WHFB fluff the norse tribesmen weren't all extremists. The prayed to the gods for lesser gifts or blessings, like curing a sickness was nurgles deal.
Source: fluff about skeggi iirc.
>>
>>43761600

THIS MAGGOT GETS IT.

THEY THINK IT'S ALL SKULLS AND THRONES WITH ME.

BUT I'M ONLY 99,99999999999999999999999999999999999999% LIKE THAT

I CARE ABOUT THE LITTLE STUFF TOO.

IN THE END THE LITTLE STUFF ALSO MAKES THE BLOOD FLOW
>>
>>43761520
Khorne, calm down. Blood flows, and that's all you want.
>>
>I worship slaanesh but only in moderation
that's the incantation to summon the daemonette that exists specifically to laugh you
>>
>>43761630

M-Mister K-Khorne sir.

Forgive me for asking, and please don't send Kharn if you get angry...er. But when my girlfriend is on her period... was that you or was it Nurgle ?
>>
>>43761630
>99,99999999999999999999999999999999999999%
Happy Tzeentch face.
>>43761653
It's both. It's always both.
>>
>>43761633

IT BETTER FUCKING FLOW OR I'M SENDING KHARN.

I'D SEND ANGRON BUT YESTERDAY I ACCIDENTALLY KICKED HIM AND THAT SENT HIM FLYING INTO THE MATERIUM ALREADY.
>>
>>43761672
You managed to make me laugh. Thanks, Khorne.
>>
>>43761653

THAT'S NOT ME, BUT YOU KNOW WHEN SHE STARTS GETTING FRUSTRATED AND ANGRY?

THAT BLOOD BOILING RAGE THAT BUILDS UP INSIDE OF HER? THOSE THOUGHTS SHE HAS AT NIGHT ABOUT GRABBING THE NEAREST KNIFE AND CARVING OPEN YOUR INSIDES TO QUENCH THE PAIN IN HER LOINS?

THAT IS ME.
>>
>>43761684

GO FUCK YOURSELF MAGGOT.

WHO DO YOU THINK I AM? THE FUCKING LAUGHING GOD? I SEE THE FLESH MELTING OFF YOUR FACE AS I YELL INTO IT, BUT AM I LAUGHING?

NO.

OH LITTLE MAGGOT. I WANT YOUR SKULL FOR THAT INSULT.

BUT YOU ARE WELCOME. NOW GO FORTH AND DIE AND KILL AND MAIM AND BURN.
>>
File: Kryziu Kalnas.jpg (39 KB, 610x203) Image search: [Google]
Kryziu Kalnas.jpg
39 KB, 610x203
>>43761739
>NOW GO FORTH AND DIE AND KILL AND MAIM AND BURN.
Can't die when I'm already dead.
>>
Q'sal seems to be a Chaos planet that on the surface is very reasonable. Everything is highly developed without being a dystopic hive shithole. There's no constant war and the government is very stable. It's implied that there's a pretty high standard of living for everyone (although it's weird that there's no young or old people anywhere).
>>
>>43761780

FUCK YOU TZEENTCH. THAT JESUS THING WAS FUNNY THE FIRST TWENTY TIMES, BUT ONCE THEY STARTED BURNING HIM IN THE STAKE THE MOMENT HE OPENED HIS MOUTH IT GOT BORING FAST.
>>
>>43761829
yeah I think there are a few chaos planets that are just kind of goofy cohabitation planet wide, usually with one or two yearly rituals to appease whatever god/gods are most prevalent on their planet. And I can imagine Chaos doesn't have too many problems doing teamwork when the Imperium comes knocking and Chaos wants to keep what they have.
>>
File: Hot Cosby.jpg (46 KB, 546x470) Image search: [Google]
Hot Cosby.jpg
46 KB, 546x470
>>43761859
Could be worse, Khorne. Tzeentch could make you watch Slaanesh's xeno on robot porn videos.
>>
>>43761488
>intense preoccupation with holding hands and cuddling her guardsman husbando
If only the other chaos gods had a low-level corruption this adorable.
>>
>>43761935
What do you mean?
>standing up for people in the playground
>making fart jokes
>being a book nerd

The predisposition to chaos can be as innocent as anything, Chaos itself isn't inherently evil it's just really fucking crazy.
>>
>>43746089
>who are the genetic sons/clones of the Emperor himself
but isn't that just dna? Didn't their souls get "forged" on the different planets they grew up instead under the guidance of the emperor? Or did the emperor put some "essence" or some soul in the petri dishes when he created them?
>>
>>43762074

CLONES DON'T HAVE SOULS YOU MAGGOT.

THIS IS WHY WE CLAIMED DIBS ON THE PRIMARCHS.

THIS IS WHY IT WAS SO EASY TO CORRUPT THEM.

THIS IS WHY IT'S SO EASY TO MUTATE SPACE MARINES!

DID YOU MAGGOT THINK THE INHERITANCE WAS JUST GENETICAL?

I'D LAUGH, EXCEPT I PHYSICALLY CAN'T, INSTEAD I'LL FROTH A RIVER OF BLOOD BEFORE YOUR INGENUITY
>>
But doesn't Khorne have a disdane for killing innocents, he hates it whenever you shed blood outside of combat?

(Because its not 'warrior-like' to kill someone who can't possibly fight back)

I'm drunk and haven't played 40k in a while But I remember the old days vaguely so emperor forgive me if I'm wrong.
>>
>>43762452
Khorne's honor aspect is oft debated and comes from a handful of sources.

It stands to reason that he'd prefer a real fight, but he definitely hates peace more than he hates murdering innocents.
>>
>>43762510

I'd like to think he is an honorable god, If I had a choice I'd either go with him or Nurgle.

PRAISE THE EMPRA! (for the inquisitors about)
>>
>>43744319
>caring about Lorgar's piss bottles
>>
>>43762578
He's honorable in the sense that he prefers his warriors run at you screaming rather than trying to poison you or melt your mind with psychic powers or magic, but he's also not the type to accept surrender or the idea of non-combatants.
>>
>>43745612
This is a good point. When it says that Tzeentch's plots sometimes contradict and hinder each others, it's because it has no real plan. He's the god of schemes, he reward schemers but he doesn't really scheme himself past the great game.
>>
>>43762452
Its basicly like this:
If you only go after defenseless victims than you are a faggot and he will send his hounds to play with your bones.

If you normally fight real enemys but decide to kill some civilians because:
>they are in your way
>you are in a beserker rage
>you are hungry
>you are drunk
>you are pissed off
>they might give away your position
>they looked at you funny
>you wanted to test your new axe
its k
>>
>>43762452
In WHFB (rip) it used to be the case to some extent since he was venerated under many aspects.
>>
>>43762923
>you wanted to test your new axe

That just makes me think of Samurai Khornates doing crossroad killings.
>>
>>43762955
Samurai are probably about 80% Khorne
>>
>>43762955

Samurai didn't have that whole ethics thing until way later in their history when their bosses were overthrown and they were almost useless. Before that they were just hired thugs romanticized later on in history, much like knights.
Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.