[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How should Warhammer 40K end? Who can and should win?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 16
File: Did someone say heresy.gif (3 MB, 430x242) Image search: [Google]
Did someone say heresy.gif
3 MB, 430x242
Considering everything we know about the universe, it seems that almost everyone is headed for a crash course of extinction.

Imperium:......Don't get me started, these are assholes who deserve to die and be burned in the ashes of everything. And this is coming from another human. There is literally NO WAY they can win the long war and the larger battle to conquer the universe without the Emperor. And even then victory is not guaranteed.

Chaos: As soon as they win the long war and then proceed to conquer the rest of the universe, the dark gods will fatten themselves in the amount of souls they have eaten and chaos as a whole will collapse onto itself due to a lack of good enough souls to eat on.

Eldar: They will go extinct. Period. How is the real question. Do they manage to summon Yneed and kill Slaneesh? Do they die off due to the lack of reincarnation? Are they subjugated by the dark Eldar and kept as slaves until death finally comes for them? Only the end will tell.

Tau: Civil war. Most likely be destroyed by the Tyranids when they make landing with the main fleet.

Dark Eldar: Still doing their thing from Coomoragh. Until someone lands an exterminatus on that bitch, of course.

Necrons: These guys have nothing to lose. They are devoid of souls and their machines instantly get rebuilt. Their ships are slow as fuck, but they never were big on interplanetary travel. Plus, they have imprisoned the Ctan, and without any souls in the universe their former masters will die from slow, painful starvation. Thus, the Necrons have it better than some of the other races.

Tyranids: These fuckers are on their way to screw everyone over one way or another. Literally, the only one who is getting ready is Szarekh (lord of all Necrons), who is getting as many tomb worlds to awake in order to try and stop the tyranids from eating everything. (Reason he cares is because he apparently thinks that it is possible to bio transfuse a necrons consciousness into a being of flesh).
>>
File: Heresy grows from memeness.jpg (50 KB, 535x437) Image search: [Google]
Heresy grows from memeness.jpg
50 KB, 535x437
Fucking faggot. Go suck Xenos dick. You dont believe in the Emperor, then fuck you.
>>
>>44810502
>Are they subjugated by the dark Eldar and kept as slaves until death finally comes for them?
Where do people get this idea that the DEldar have any particular vendetta against the Craftworlds? This isn't D&D. The Commorites have no reason to start some bizarre war of annihilation against their kin and generally don't care much about them at all. They're captured, tortured and murdered like any other race, but the vast majority of DEldar have no particular interest in seeing them all dead.
>Until someone lands an exterminatus on that bitch, of course.
The only threat that would pose to the DEldar is the danger that they might laugh themselves to death. The real threat to them in Khaine's Gate, the portal to the Warp at the heart of Commoragh which is starting to collapse and open the way for a full Daemonic invasion.
>>
Nobody should win or lose, 40K is about war that never ends because everyone's an unreasonable extremist.
>>
>>44810546
>The real threat to them in Khaine's Gate, the portal to the Warp at the heart of Commoragh which is starting to collapse and open the way for a full Daemonic invasion.

Good. I always hated those fucking space drow elves.

>"STRIKE SWIFTLY!"
>Acting like a badass with badass pose on
>Proceeds to get pwned
>"AAAGGGHHHH!!!"
>>
File: 1272953473094.png (81 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
1272953473094.png
81 KB, 350x350
>>44810599
Too bad Vect probably already has a plan to use that to his advantage.

>>44810502
This same thread has been repeated hundreds of times and the end game is always the same. Everyone dies until it's only Necrons, Orks and Tyranids, who get locked in a perpetual stalemate because Space Fungus, "We'll be back" and Without Number.
>>
>And this is coming from another human
Sure thing, pal.
>>
>Who can win?
Everyone except for Tau

>Who should win
Imperium should just steamroll the galaxy with the Emperor leading them once again. Failing that, Chaos should kill the Emperor and thus destroy reality, leaving only Chaos.
>>
the imperium is pretty fucking strong, with those space marines and everything
>>
>>44810871
If reality is destroyed, then Chaos will cease to exist. Remember, Chaos feeds off of reality itself and the things attached to reality. If that disappears, then everyone is fucked.
>>
>>44810920
Nah, once you get sufficient portals to merge the two universes, it becomes a virtuous circle. Daemon worlds with humans provide their own source of power.
Like the warp fission reactors.
>>
File: 1451234904832.png (148 KB, 683x268) Image search: [Google]
1451234904832.png
148 KB, 683x268
>>44810920
Nope.
>>
>>44810502
>And this is coming from another human
Oh, really? Couldn't guess that.
>>
File: 1436031536536.png (54 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1436031536536.png
54 KB, 625x626
>>44810502
>>
File: wp_ss_20160116_0001.png (479 KB, 622x1280) Image search: [Google]
wp_ss_20160116_0001.png
479 KB, 622x1280
>>44811085
That doesn't really contradict what is established:
Chaos is dependent from the existence of the materium
>>
Tau can win, if they achieve a technological singularity. They are already researching how to harness the energy of entire stars.
>>
The Imperium is doomed to collapse and divided into multiple. Ultramar might become something of an Eastern Roman Empire, still holding the glories of old. But Terra itself is doomed.
>>
File: wp_ss_20160116_0003.png (93 KB, 703x225) Image search: [Google]
wp_ss_20160116_0003.png
93 KB, 703x225
>>44811231
When "only chaos" happens, the realm will loose one of its sources of energy and will eventually wither should it win over all realities it desires to destroy (all of them).

Chaos is not destined to thrive, it's a wholly destructive and self-destructive part of reality.

Fortunately for existence, the forces of order exist and fight on to survive and build something day after day.
>>
>>44810502
>No Orks
>Dis Git
2/10 made me skim read
>>
>>44811085

If they do an End of Times event, I hope it is not another Age of Sigmar nonsense. I don't want to see the battles in the Warp of the far future. It would be better if this is nothing but in-universe Imperial propaganda.
>>
File: 1390951460785.jpg (101 KB, 600x638) Image search: [Google]
1390951460785.jpg
101 KB, 600x638
Tyranids will clash with Abaddon on Terra. Their Shadow of the Warp will prevent another Eye of Terror while Segmentum Solar becomes a feast of Tyranids and Daemons.
>>
>>44811085
>Chaos is ironically a very stagnant force as the state of constant change lacks any meaning and eventually all possibilities are exhausted
>>
>>44810502
You know what annoys me?
That game runs on the Warhawk game engine.
>>
>>44811308
Obviously Ghazghkull will unite all Orks and destroy every other faction in a massive WAAAGH. This will empower Gork and Mork to such a degree that they can easily destroy all the Chaos Gods.
>Dis galaxy now belongs to da Orkz!
>>
>>44810502

It turns out that this was all a big gambit for Horus to be reborn, and he storms Terra to come face-to-face with the Emperor. The Emperor arises from his Golden Throne, and spakes in a voice like thunder:

> "All is Forgiven, for You are my Son, Horus. I have woken from ten millenia of endless nightmare to tell you: I Know You, and I Forgive You."

Horus hesitates, overcome by emotion.

Then the Emperor breaks his neck.
>>
>>44810502
The best outcome for everyone in the galaxy would be a Tyranid victory. No more suffering and war, only silence. The Necrons may remain, but they would either destroy each other, or slowly go insane from time and malfunctions.
>>
Humanity will never fully be defeated, creed will just hide Cadia behinf a bush until the every other force wipes itself out.
>>
>>44814116
Cadia is already overrun.
>>
>>44814175
That's exactly what you're supposed to think.
>>
>>44810502
just read what ynnead is, now it seems like eldar have the best chance
>>
tyranid fleet swallows the galaxy
>>
>>44814247
fuck off spess elf.
humans all the way.
exodites can stay tho, they are not dicks
>>
>>44814247
Someone will find a way for it to be a fuck up. Every faction barring a couple are on the cusp of victory.
>>
File: 1368400530840.png (651 KB, 538x571) Image search: [Google]
1368400530840.png
651 KB, 538x571
I'm going with:

Warhammer 50k: The Shape of the Nightmare to come
and
Warhammer 60k: The Age of Dusk

As my answers. I don't think GW could do better. Hell, it'd be hard to do better than something that comprehensive. The damn thing managed to make me not hate the C'tan.
>>
>>44814192
CREEEEEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>44812825
Which game is it? Dark Millenium?
>>
File: 1274845986585.jpg (65 KB, 600x443) Image search: [Google]
1274845986585.jpg
65 KB, 600x443
>>44814827
>>
>>44810502
>Implying Orks aren't already in their perfect end state
>>
>>44814283
50k is cool
60k has neat ideas, but also really shitty ones
>Muh dr.dre-azi matrons
>>
>>44810546
I have a friend who plays Dark Eldar or used to at least and he was looking over the current rules Alliance table it was shocked to find out that the Dark Eldar and Eldar are battle brothers. According to him they used to be come the apocalypse. I don't know if that's true or not but that's what he said.
>>
File: Alpha_Legion_sp.jpg (8 KB, 210x173) Image search: [Google]
Alpha_Legion_sp.jpg
8 KB, 210x173
>>44810502
We're ignoring two building themes in 40k .

1) Humanity as a whole is slowly developing into a more psychically aware/capable race.

2) A tiny controlling faction has been playing both sides of the chaos/imperium struggle.

So the end game is that the universe stalemates until humanity eventually becomes largely immune to Daemonic influences (see Exorcist Chapter/experiments). When a large enough portion of humanity has reached this point - the emperor can truly be allowed to die.

We can then sit back watch our most horrible emotions and impulses manifest and destroy pretty much everything else in the universe.

Bonus points if the starchild cults are correct.
>>
I don't think it would, should or could end, but (imo) it has to fucking advance at some point. The amount of setting up they've done for the next stage of the timeline has built up a ton, and i'll be genuinely pissed off if nonoe of it ever pays off. I'm still angry literally nothing ever came from the 13th Black Crusade event (which Chaos fucking won btw).

Things that I think have to happen if the setting were to ever move forward:
>Emprah finally "dies", is either physically reborn in to (and repulsed by) the real universe, or finally just becomes a straight up "good" warp entity. Or is imprisoned for eternety because LOLBARGAINWITHCOMMORRAGH
>The Void Dragon awakens
>ALL the lost Primarchs finally return (Loyal and Chaos)
>Abaddon is finally given Cadia
>Nids either 1)Stall because lolnoAstronomican 2) Course correct towards the Eye of Terror (being the new most obvious focal point of psychic energy) 3) continue to smash their way through to the core of the Imperium because somehow deadEmprah still has the Astronomican going
>Da Great Waaagh finally gains some fucking ground and momentum
>Ynnead and the Eldar do battle with Slaanesh, maybe actually win?

I dunno, i'm pretty tired right now, what else?
>>
>>44815035
I kinda like them in concept but they do feel weirdly unconnected and not really well formed or used.

What Abbadon goes through is pretty nice though. And the Eldar. Especially what goes on over on the eastern fringe. I even found what was going on with the necrons interesting, certainly better than the usual idea of necrons all wake up and kill everything forever.
And that the author actually does have some sort of appropriate sense of scale, keeping it appropriately apocalyptic throughout by throwing all these 'we win' mega-events at each other.
>>
Necrons go back into hiding. Orks Leave the galaxy because they get tired of war here. Tyranids eat everyone left.
>>
>>44810502
Hello Leo
>>
>>44814283

I don't really care for Oldcrons, but both seem interesting enough.
>>
>>44815758
>Orks Leave the galaxy because they get tired of war here.
>Orks
>Tired of war
You iz mukkin' about!
>>
>>44815035
>>44817308

Agree with both of these, plus War of the Krork, Nex, and my god he's up to how much shit now?

Honestly 50K should have dumped Oldcrons and gone with Newcrons Vs Nids.
>>
>>44818260
They were the Newcrons though. Pretty sure the author stated something about enjoying the newer fluff because it gave him far more to work with. And the major necron characters from the newer stuff all turn up.

But Necrons vs Nids is the single most boring, predictable 'end' that could be done for 40k. It renders everything else pointless because once the tyranids are done, the Necrons win and nothing else is left alive in the galaxy.

It's a rocks fall, everyone dies for the setting, same as what happened with warhammer fantasy. Sure, 40k is grimdark and it is all supposed to end badly, but it's at least should be interesting in doing it.
>>
>>44818454

necrons wanting everything dead is old fluff. So is the c'tan calling the shots.
>>
>>44818516
Neither of those things is true in the 60k stuff; the C'tan are important, affecting a whole lot of what happens but they're not the only big players, and the Necrons are varied and have their own goals. Including some surprising but (well I was ok with them) twists in who they fight and ally with and what they do.

Oldcrons were boring as fuck (once they got into 3rd with a full army book edition anyway), all the character depth of metal tyranids with a side order of 'it was me all along!' annoying shit from the C'tan.
>>
>>44811274
Nice try Tzeentch but we all know you keeping reality around to combat >>44812659's stagnation
>>
>>44810502
I don't know who will win, but another siege of Terra would be cool to end it all.
>>
File: muh-dick.jpg (152 KB, 616x411) Image search: [Google]
muh-dick.jpg
152 KB, 616x411
40k deserves to go out with a bang. And I mean a BIG bang.
The Emperor finally dies, his psycic powers spread throughout humanity again, just as all shamans on earth created an Emperor, the Emperor made every single human in the galaxy a potent psycer.
Ofcourse, this caused a lot of chaos trouble, leading to the almost immediate downfall of the Imperium of man.
But from the ashes arises a new Empire, the Empire of the new humanity. Every single dead human pacifies the warp with their psycic soul a little. As the warp calms every other species loses their psycic abilities. And as the warp finally ends with the death of the last human in existence the powers of reality break, and the great imbalance causes the webway to spit, releasing massive amounts of energy in the process. So much energy was released that every single living thing in the galaxy is purged immediately.
>>
File: $chan.png (87 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
$chan.png
87 KB, 1600x1200
>>44821757
God, it's so late that I can't fucking write anymore.
I hang my head in shame over all the mistakes I made in that post.
Sorry English!
>>
>>44810502
>Imperium:......Don't get me started, these are assholes who deserve to die and be burned in the ashes of everything. And this is coming from another human. There is literally NO WAY they can win the long war and the larger battle to conquer the universe without the Emperor. And even then victory is not guaranteed.
Yes they can. All they need is a functioning fully intact, uncorrupted STC.

And they already have one.....
>>
>>44822331
Who would that be, may I ask fellow anon?
>>
>>44822809
Shouldn't that be what?
>>
>>44815558
Yup, something like that will happen probably, the wars will simply escalate at that point.
>>
>>44822905
Then what would it be?
>>
>>44822809
I forget the name of it, but IIRC it shows up in the Mechanicum books. Although I believe it's currently under threat of Xenos invasion, and the Imperium isn't aware that an STC is even on the planet.
>>
>>44823027
Then it was probably added in for the shock factor that will come when the imperium fails to recover it.
>>
File: 101 feels regiment.png (897 KB, 900x1007) Image search: [Google]
101 feels regiment.png
897 KB, 900x1007
>>44823080
>imperium fails to recover any STC that is useful
>Mechanicus doesn't open it's magic box because it is retarded.
>guardsmen die by the droves to weebs and space elves.
Guard recking the imperium's forces in a retarded manner when?
>>
Tyranids kill everything. Oldcrons had a claim at winning too, but the Newcrons definitely don't.
>>
I think it should involve the old ones returning in some fashion. In the older editions the Space Slann (Slanni) were the Old Ones.
>>
>>44810502
>Who can win?
Pretty much everyone except for the Tau

>Who should win?
imo the best claims belong to psychic master race Imperium, Chaos Apocalypse Chaos, Tyranid hive fleet, or unified Necrons.

In my perfect fanfictiony world, the Imperium and Eldar win together in a alliance of men and elves against the armies of chaos
>>
>>44810502
>Who would win
Take examples from AoS in that if chaos wins GW has the ability to rewrite the status quo in any way they want because its chaos.
>>
File: image.jpg (101 KB, 599x599) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101 KB, 599x599
>>44810502
>>
>>44815758
>Orks get tired of war
Wat did you sey, you grot?
>>
>>44822809
Not him but the Ark Mechanicus are actually complete intact STCs, the admech just doesn't realize it
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.