[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Malifaux General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 9
File: Icon - M2E.png (200 KB, 216x217) Image search: [Google]
Icon - M2E.png
200 KB, 216x217
Malifaux general, here are some useful links,

Malifaux 2E Rule books:
http://www.4shared.com/folder/ZjseomJQ/2E_online.html

Through the Breach (RPG):
Fated Almanac: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8K0-Hahmqk3U0xIRUxCdTNfQmc/edit
Fatemasters Almanac: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8K0-Hahmqk3emJUTF9yaE9uLW8/edit

why is Tara the cutest? And how does she play in Ressers? The Nothing Beast feels very underwhelming and I don't see something like Killjoy to just unbury in the opponents face for ressers.
>>
>>43739771
Because you want to fill the hole in her heart. Use Bete Noire for your face smash guy? I don't really know, I don't play ressers.

I'm thinking about buying Rasputina's box for the Ice golem, and electric creations for jihad tactics. There's synergy there right? Or am I just retarded?
>>
I've heard the Ice Golem's kinda shit.
>>
>>43739771
Ol' Betty is your best bet. You can also just take Killjoy, he's a merc. Just gotta pay the merc tax.

And Tara is the cutest because she says "hun" a lot.
>>
Tara's fun since she's pretty upbeat and pleasant despite having an edgy backstory.
>>
>>43742077
The problem with that is that it feels more worth it to just play as outcasts so you dont have to jump through hoops to get void wretches and cheaper killjoy. Dunno maybe I'm being overly negative but it just feels like outcasts is such a better fit for her.
>>
>>43742774
True. On the other hand, Betty and Killjoy are a MEAN combination you can't do anywhere else, and Ressers aren't really lacking for scheme runners with Crooligans and Necropunks.
>>
>>43742857

You can also use Spare Parts followed by her Fast burst to get some extra Guild Autopsies ready to go at full strength.

Tara also has a lot of Willpower debuffs you can put to good use with Belles, The Hanged, and a few others.
>>
It's vaguely annoying that the generalist upgrade deck is roughly the same price as just buying the two waves for your faction, haha.
>>
>>43744344
That is pretty annoying, but I suppose it's one purchase for all factions you may ever want to pick up.
>>
Slowly going through the fluff. Collodi's story in Crossroads sure got creepy.
>>
>>43746895
Collodi's pretty awesome all around. He needs some stolen children, Hamelin style, for his crew though. Undead puppet children.
>>
>>43747912

Fluffwise that's what the Marionettes are, basically.
>>
>>43741146
He's not terrible but there are better options.
>>
>>43747958
Not as cool as the idea of children gutted and turned in puppets.
>>
>>43748832
Conversions, m8
>>
Wow, Lucius' story was really good.
>>
>>43749530
>tfw you haven't read through most of the new fluff
>tfw all your copies are digital and your ADD keeps distracting you from reading
>>
>>43750450

I have that same problem, it's why I'm only getting to fluff now.
>>
>>43750458
It'd be easier if I had physical copies of the books. I don't like reading long text on the computer.
>>
>>43751413

Oh, same. I have a Hell of a time reading digital copies.
>>
>>43750450
>ADD keeps distracting you from reading
get some go text to speech software
>>
>>43739771

Does anyone have the books on a hosting site that doesn't require me to create an account?
>>
>>43752959
https://mega.nz/#F!M9dyDTrI!eNYCwqvg4iPWy_z-M0P9dw
>>
File: SAM_1074.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
SAM_1074.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1920
>>43753193

You're a wonderful individual
>>
File: Lucius3.png (56 KB, 173x258) Image search: [Google]
Lucius3.png
56 KB, 173x258
>>43749530
Lucius is badass
>>
>>43756279

He's pretty great. I'm just starting Neverborn though, so it'll be awhile before I pick him up due to model pool.
>>
>>43756440
He was my first master, but thenI realized you have to own a ton of models to play him effectively
>>
>>43756732

He was mine as well, but I got some good deals on Resser boxes on ebay so I jumped ship to him.

On the bright side I can use most of his crew with McMourning no matter which side I choose for him.
>>
I like how the Neverborn are the "bad guys" faction but are fairly understandable and even sympathetic in their own way. It's not like Warmachine for example, where Cryx and Legion are pretty much straight up awful monsters with no redeeming qualities whatsoever.
>>
>>43756813
I´d say the Ressers are the straight up bad guys. They have no redeeming quallities at all.
>>
>>43756922
Molly? Kirai? They're about as murderous as any other master in the setting, and they at least have some good to them.
>>
Nicodem seems like a pretty decent dude outside of his maniacal "conquer Malifaux with mah zombies" hobby.
>>
>>43756922

To some degree they can be sympathetic since they were either turned into an undead creature or a master against their will.

If necromancy wasn't infectious in Malifaux, Seamus would be selling hats, McMourning and Nicodem would be doing their normal jobs without doing freaky necromancy shit on the side, and Molly would probably be a normal reporter. Kirai and Yan Lo would be the only ones getting the raw deal, since Yan Lo would still be dead and Kirai would probably be murdered after the accidental death of the Governor's son.
>>
>>43756922
Molly and Kirai are sad and easy to sympathize with. And they don't do anything the living masters are doing already in terms of violence.
>>
I really wish the alt-McMourning wasn't gated behind such a ridiculously high pre-req. Even adding friend purchases to the total order won't get anywhere near $300, and I'm not spending $100 just to get a single model.
>>
Anyone with hands on experience with Yan Lo? I often hear he's terrible, or at least terribly fiddly, so I'm curious.
>>
>>43758201
I really think how they handled the Black Friday sale was a bad idea. Gate one of them, and that'd be fine. But all of the alts, for how much they want, not a lot of people are going to pony up for it.
>>
>>43758300
No means terrible, and a competent Yan Lo player can destroy other crews with ease.

Disregard Brutal Karaka and Hunpo Dance unless you really want. Lightning Dance reposition game is where you want it. Get Bone & Spirit ascendant to become indestructable, then cast Dance with Ca 8 into Izamu and proceed to wreck. Terracotta Curse can also be a pain. Take Reliquary if you have an Ancestor so you can revive it when it bites the dust. Get some Onryo though, they are neat. Advesary targets, then make models with Yan Spirits so they gain the additional flip against them. Also, Armor +2 and Incorporeal means nobody will bother wounding em.

He is one of those masters that only cares for upgrades and fiddly models for faction choices, as his core can be taken no matter the faction anyway.

There are masters that work smoother, but he does well.
>>
>>43759992

Hey, thanks. I've got Lynch for Neverborn and I really like the look of Shenlong, so I've been trying to read up on other TT crews to see if it's worth branching out into the faction.

Damn you Wyrd!
>>
>>43759148
Oh but they will. They do this shit every year, so clearly it works.
>>
Spitballing a model pool for TT Yan Lo: Toshiro, Izamu, Yin, Illuminated, Ama No Zako, The Lone Swordsman, and Katanaka Snipers.
>>
It's sort of funny that Arcanists seem to even sell a lot of players on being "the good guys".
>>
>>43761134
They're the closes to them. I mean, they're essentially mob, but also "freedom" fighters and well, an union. And unions back in the day were definetely the good guys. Guild is just straight-up opressive regime, and ressers..well..you know.
>>
>>43761169

Eh. I could buy that they're the 'closest', but I always see people outright call them the good guys of the setting without any qualifiers.

Ramos is a mob boss, Ironsides and Kaeris are murderers on payroll, Marcus is nuts, Rasputina is losing her mind and in cahoots with a Tyrant, and Mei Feng is ultimately in league with another crime syndicate. I'd say of the Masters that only Colette's actually all that sympathetic.
>>
>>43761231
Kaeris is still pretty idealistic. Not naive, but not that evil. Raspy is holding out suprisngly good seeing she's actually in constant opposition to her tyrant, like Sonnia.
>>
>>43761257

Is Shenlong the only Tyrant host that's totally on board with his Tyrant's ideals?
>>
>>43761424
Hamelin...mostly cause he's just eaten by the Plague.
>>
>>43761424

Tara.
>>
>>43761479

The fluff blurb for Scion of the Void makes it sound like Tara isn't really enjoying the ride, though I might be missing some other fluff.
>>
>>43761479
Obliteration is by far the most benign tyrant, at least as far as we've seen. No agenda to burn/freeze/plague the world so far.
>>
>>43761879

To be fair, his name is Obliteration.
>>
>>43761909
Oh don't get me wrong, he was tossed in that jail for a reason. He just comes off as wayyy less megalomaniacal than his peers.
>>
On the Tyrant note, I'm really curious to see more about The Witness or w/e. That is a cool-ass epithet.
>>
>>43761971
Sounds like being trapped in that prison for countless years made him rethink his life decisions.
>>
>>43762076
One can only hope.
>>
Any suggestions on how many Spiders one should own if playing Ramos?
>>
>>43764225
All of them
>>
>>43739771
Izamu + Nurse + Fast. If you can unbury into melee range that's 4 actions at 5/6/7. Something is dead, and that's a huge threat range with a positive flip in disengagement and a very high ml stat. Some nice movement control as well.
>>
>>43764983

Not to mention with the right upgrades you can make it impossible to heal or use soulstones to prevent damage or that enemies that stay within his attack range auto take 2 damage.

Izamu is just a great model for Ressers in general though. Tara, Yan Lo, Molly, Nicodem, and Kirai have some amazing synergy with him in one way or the other.
>>
What are the "paths" that Yan Lo's fluff repeatedly refers to?
>>
File: 1447869866891.png (837 KB, 1032x1154) Image search: [Google]
1447869866891.png
837 KB, 1032x1154
>>43759148
In terms of stuff worth picking up friday, besides Vanessa, what other models out of the outcast faction work well with the Victorias? Or are they more self-serving and less about synergetic teamwork like Schill/Tara
>>
>>43741146
You think a 10" push on friendly or enemy models is shit? Do you even T1 Raspy bomb?
>>
>>43756747
Wait how does he play and what is required to play him well? Also does he cater more to the Neverborn side or Guild?
>>
>>43765647
In game or in lore?

In game, Yan Lo builds a condition called Chi that increases his casting and he can spend it to attach special upgrades.

In lore, uhm., uh... uhm...
>>
>>43766791

Lore. His profile goes on and on about them, but doesn't actually explain.
>>
>>43766676

Lucius loves minions. His big thing is getting extra actions out of them, either by directly using an action or causing horror duels on your own dudes when he moves near them.

He's very guild focused in his fluff and starter box, though it's possible to run him Neverborn if you grab the right models. You can take up to 4 guardsmen or mimics ignoring faction with one of his upgrades.

I don't know about Neverborn, but in Guild he likes Riflemen, Astringers, and Pathfinders. Pathfinder in particular he has a neat trick with, since he can have a dude of his take 3 damage so that he can keep a spent soulstone, and Pathfinders create traps that can take the hit instead of your important guys.
>>
Do we know what the tyrants actually are?

I've read the M2E books and most of the chronicles but never seen any explanation of what the tyrants actually are. As far as I know the tyrants that have been mentioned are Cherufe, Plague, Nytmere, whatever that thing in Shen Long is called and Obliteration. Dunno if I missed any.
>>
>>43769040
Yes, we do. The game expects you to read all the material from 1st ed onward without providing an easy source outside of buying pdf's for 7$ each..anyway. Tyrants are the people of old malifaux who got so powerful they have become, amost literally, gods. The people eventually rebelled, and the following war ruined the region (possibly whole world...but for all we know Malifaux might just be the Chernobyl zone of that world!) and turned the people left alive into the neverborn. Tyrants were then imprisoned for "ever", which we know how well it worked out.
>>
>>43769081
Goddamnit, hope they make some kind of... fluff compendium with all the 1st ed stuff. I would even be willing to pay a few dollars for that.

But cool thanks, always wondered if I had missed something in the newer books.
>>
>>43766835
As far as I know, the Paths kinda like the afterlife & reincarnation tied. Yan Lo is cursed to shift being alive and spirit. Could be wrong though

>>43769040
As far as I know, they are beings from old Malifaux that decided to chomp on Aether and Souls to become godlike and ascend, which the old residents didn't really like, so they sealed them.

Tyrants I know are :Nytmare, Obliteration, Plague, December, Cherufe, The Gorgon, Shez'uul, Fortune, The Dragons, Despair, Meridion, Witness, & The Nameless.
>>
>>43765952
They kind of need ranged options that aren't Ronin. Hans is probably good. Convict funslingers maybe?

Lazarus and Vanessa go horrifyingly well together.
>>
>>43769176
I think people said it to them a million times. Maybe one day.
>>
File: IMAG0049.jpg (77 KB, 800x452) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0049.jpg
77 KB, 800x452
Painted up the Nephilim from the starter crew.
>>
>>43770771
Base. Now do the bases.
>>
I'm not especially interested in a grow list, but are there any thoughts on how many Nephilim one ought to own for it?
>>
File: Tara.jpg (91 KB, 532x609) Image search: [Google]
Tara.jpg
91 KB, 532x609
>>43739771

Tara a cute. A CUTE!
>>
>>43773102

What is with her freakish monster arm, anyway?
>>
>>43775094
It's a shard of Obliteration.
>>
I've heard people discussing a theory that Perdita's descended from one of the unseen Tyrants. Is there any basis for this, at all?
>>
File: Black_Blood_Shamans.jpg (81 KB, 600x295) Image search: [Google]
Black_Blood_Shamans.jpg
81 KB, 600x295
Those wings...
>>
>>43777841

Least they're not white metal like WMH.
>>
>>43770771
How is the starter box? Worth getting?

Im a new plqyer and the gf was gonna get me a box of my choice for Xmas.
>>
>>43780295
The starter is good if you want to play either Guild or Neverborn. Not quite so good for any other faction. In those cases, I'd just get a box from whatever faction you want.
>>
The Scion of Black Blood is interesting from a Neverborn perspective, since it has a gun and condition removal. Not sure how he really compares to hiring Johan though.
>>
>>43777841
My neverborn heart is very excited
>>
So hows does avatar Sonia stack up now that shifting loyalties has changed her, or are there no actual changes?
>>
>>43781646

It sucks that you have to pitch two cards to make it happen for the Scion, but you're less likely to get card fucked compared to Johan.
>>
>>43781973

Wish there was an easier way to get the model. I'm an established player, have no one interested in the Guild half, and it's just generally a hassle.
>>
>>43782149

Check Ebay. A few people are cracking the set and selling the individual halves.
>>
I sorta want to run a 4 Guild Hound, 4 Corrupted Hound list with Lucius.
>>
What's the best way to get into the game? Buy a starter crew of the faction you like and then continue getting the other masters of the faction? Or just buy the starter crews you like even though they are of a different faction? I'm torn between Collodi and Colette and can't really choose, but even though I like most Neverborn masters, the only Arcanist I like is Colette.
>>
>>43785980

Well, from a gameplay perspective you declare your faction, then build crews/armies (including your master) after you find out what you're playing. In that sense, you're probably better off buying into a faction that has more masters you like overall if you're just starting out.
>>
>>43786180

Thanks man, I'll go with Collodi and Neverborn then.
>>
Pretty new to the game but is it just me or are The Illuminated an exceptionally strong model for its low cost at 7ss?

Jakob Lynch has a nice crew box.
>>
>>43786536
Yes. They are.
>>
>>43786536
Other than the fact that his box clocks in at 21 ss, compared to the 30+ of most boxes.
>>
>>43789014
Yeah I'm not sure why his box doesnt just include the beckoners, they're almost required for his whole schtick.
>>
>>43789028
Too much of a price increase.
Also one can use deplented if ones hate ranged brillliance, lure and interaction dejial.
>>
>>43789061
The fact that huggy is a giant 0ss henchman makes it hard to make a cost effective box.
>>
And the Tara patching continues.
>>
>>43784564
>wow
>such doge
>many schemes
>>
File: Aionus card.jpg (2 MB, 1200x1853) Image search: [Google]
Aionus card.jpg
2 MB, 1200x1853
>>
>>43789823
Beat me to it.
>>43789860
>>
>>43789823
What patching?
>>
>>43789823
So much Leveticus/Dreamer Hate. I like it.

(Not much Tara patching though. this dude is pretty solid)
>>
>>43789159
"huge". He's not that big when put next to the ice golem or the void beast.
>>
>>43790115
Wyrd has been addressing some of Tara and her base crew's flaws via 'patching' in new model releases/new upgrades. A good example of this is the new 0SS upgrades for Karina and the Nothing Beast that make them much more playable (but still eat up their only upgrade slots).
>>
>>43790196
Oh, I just assumed people bought death marshals and played the crew with them instead of the wretches to make it better. I didn't know karina and the NB had issues as well.
>>
>>43789823
You'll love the new upgrades
>>
>>43790175
Dreamer especially. The Ca attack gets around incorporeal too. A buried dreamer turn three and beyond is a dead dreamer.
>>
>>43790214
Karina without upgrade is a 5ss totem who has one super situational ability and kind of sucks at everything else. NB without upgrade is 10ss of 'dies to anything'. Faces of the Void (iirc) and Void Shield are mandatory for both of them.
>>
Wow, Bete gets wrecked by this guy too.
>>
>>43789823

Well, I was planning on getting this guy and Tara, but this is icing on the cake.
>>
>>43789823

I can see this guy doing some really stupid good tricks with Collette.
>>
>>43760896
Don't forget the Komainu. They're coming out next month. Also, get Yu. The crew needs the pushes.
>>
50ss Crew

Tara -- 7ss
+Dead Of Winter - 1ss
+Knowledge Of Eternity - 2ss
+Obliteration Symbiote - 2ss
Karina - 5ss
+The Faces Of Oblivion - 0ss
Aionus - 12ss
Death Marshal - 6ss
Guild Autopsy - 4ss
The Nothing Beast - 10ss
+Void Shield - 0ss
Void Wretch - 4ss
Void Wretch - 4ss
>>
>>43791418
Is this Resser Tara? If so, Aionus is 13 SS for merc tax.
>>
>>43791697

Outcasts. she can bring the Marshal and Autopsy due to upgrades.
>>
>>43791712
Dead of Winter does not include guild autopsies.
>>
>>43791723
I think karina's faces of oblivion lets you hire autopsies.
>>
>>43791723

But Faces of Oblivion does.
>>
>>43791755
>>43791751
Ah-ha, I had completely missed that. Time to proxy some autopsies.
>>
>>43791774

No worries.
>>
>>43791798
Every time someone mentions guild autopsies it makes me want to go back to playing mcmourning...
>>
>>43792154

Why resist?
>>
>>43793063
Small local meta, waiting for another player to play out their resser phase.
Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.