[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm wondering, is there any Tyranid organism that can actually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Rush.jpg (5 KB, 144x90) Image search: [Google]
Rush.jpg
5 KB, 144x90
I'm wondering, is there any Tyranid organism that can actually evolve all by itself?

As in, it starts small, and then, the more it eats, the bigger and the more intelligent it grows.

Basically, Tyranids evolve collectively, the evolution is made by digesting something, assimilating the DNA, and then spitting out something to counter a threat.

I'm looking for somehting that is akin to a single spore or small organism that grows exponentiallt.
>>
>>43738937
Nope. Most Tyranids lack the necessary organs to live more than a week, much less do what you're describing. Tyranids are not Zerg comrade.
>>
>>43739278
Okay thanks.
>>
Hunter-killers. It's an old assassin organism sent to kill Kryptman. It started about the size of a dog and consumed wild animals to grow and evolve enough to infiltrate the fortress Kryptman was in, killed and ate more guards, and eventually was shot to death by Kryptman.

Though, I think it was driven by the hive mind from the start rather than gain intelligence
>>
>>43738937
Didn't you make another thread about this?

No, tyranids don't work that way.
>>
>>43740383
Nope. First time about that for me.

Tyrannds are not my forte.
>>
>>43740255

How does the hive mind even know who Kryptman was?
>>
>>43740541
One of the jobs of lictors is to gather valuable information from the brains of enemies
once you notice there's this guy informing or giving orders to the defense systems of your prey planet you start thinking about using those peculiar infiltration/assassination focused bimorphs to solve the thing
>>
>>43739278
Genestealers can live for centuries, have indipendent and adaptive minds and are basically self-sufficient from their native Hive Fleets.
They still can't evolve or breed other 'pure' genestealers, but they are the proof that not all Tyranids are just expendable bio-weapons destined to be used and re-assimilated, so the idea of a self-sufficient, evolving Tyranid is not completely impossible.
>>
File: Ymgarl.png (485 KB, 566x800) Image search: [Google]
Ymgarl.png
485 KB, 566x800
>>43738937
Ymgarl genestealers.
>>
>>43739278
>>43741108
If you detach Nids from the Hive Mind, by capturing them and moving them way away from a Hive Fleet and don't put any Synapse creatures with them. They'll eventually evolve on their own and work towards producing a creature which is a synapse one.

Forge World IA4: Anphilion Project. The captured Nids reproduce underground, the normal way an animal does, those born eventually developed wings to fly over the security fences, attack the generator facilities and make the fences power down. They then proceeded to carry on until a synapse creature was spawned and from that moment on, they carried on reproducing until they reached Bio-Titan levels in about 2 weeks.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.