[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mystara
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: Golden-Axe.jpg (414 KB, 600x437) Image search: [Google]
Golden-Axe.jpg
414 KB, 600x437
Where can I get a good overview of the world of Mystara? Like, 20 pages max, so I can understand what it's about and the major nations/races/conflicts?
>>
File: Mystara CS.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Mystara CS.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>43737551
try this - its 28 pages mind but it'll have all the info you need.
>>
>>43737734
Fantastic. Thanks a lot!
>>
>>43737551
>Orange people
>Boyish-faced bodybuilder
>Blue panties, silver bracers that look like garbage, blue booties
>Woman who is probably his girlfriend with a string bikini, matching tard bracers and red boots
>That dwarf's helmet
>Holy shit that helmet
>Sleeveless green tunic, someone figured out what a shirt is, clearly dwarves are the only post-stone age society
>guess those swords and bracers are dwarven craft
>But guess what he has no pants it seems
>Also thjat axe has to be either hollow or ceremonial what the shit
>Dragon has downs syndrome, looks like he didn't want to be in this picture
>I don't blame him
The technique in pictures like this is amazing, but so many of them do these kinds of stupid things and it makes me cringe pretty damn hard.
>>
>>43738079
To be fair the game (and the art for the game) were developed in the late 80s. Nowadays it looks fucking retarded but in the days of big hair and neon lights it was teh shitz.
>>
>>43738165
I was alive and capable of rational thought in the late 80s. It bothered me then just as it does now.
>>
>>43738191
Well, maybe you just don't like fun.

Agreed though that style is goofy.
>>
>>43738079
>>43738165
>>43738191
>>43738199
None of you are as awesome as the creatures in that picture, admit your jealousy.
>>
Try the Vaults of Pandius site as well, OP. It's like the Mystara SRD
>>
File: SoM.jpg (107 KB, 1000x583) Image search: [Google]
SoM.jpg
107 KB, 1000x583
Wrong game bub
>>
Dungeons and Dragons: Shadows over Mystara
>>
>>43739453
>no need to conserve spells!
>just suicide your wizard and roll a new one when you run out!

Seriously tho, can we appreciate how incredibly good that game was? And how there needs to be a 4e version
>>
>>43739524
I felt it was clunky to do stuff, then again I played the MAME version with no controller. But it was fun.
>>
>>43739422
That elf looks like he's (she?) is pooping and smiling.
>>
>>43739542
You need to learn to slide around to pick up everything, and the inventory takes some time to get used to, but otherwise I think it controls quite great.
>>
File: exp wiz.jpg (91 KB, 1000x583) Image search: [Google]
exp wiz.jpg
91 KB, 1000x583
>>43739422
>>
>>43737734
What's your favorite thing about Mystara?
>>
If 5e is your thing, OP, grab v17 of this:

http://www.rpgmp3.com/ipb/files/file/1284-mystara-players-handbook/
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.