[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Games Workshop wants You to write the fluff for the upcoming
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 31
File: 50k.png (53 KB, 2132x851) Image search: [Google]
50k.png
53 KB, 2132x851
Games Workshop wants You to write the fluff for the upcoming Warhammer 50.000.

So tell me about this new fluff!
>>
File: 40_k_emperor_by_DESTRAUDO.1.jpg (358 KB, 700x990) Image search: [Google]
40_k_emperor_by_DESTRAUDO.1.jpg
358 KB, 700x990
>>43736219

Hard mode:
>"Anon, we're quite busy right now, so it's up to you what'll happen with the Golden Throne and the Emperor himself. What? No, we have no idea! Do what you want!"
>>
>>43736219
>>
>>43736231
bring on the star child
>>
File: ptg01350598.jpg (14 KB, 396x297) Image search: [Google]
ptg01350598.jpg
14 KB, 396x297
>>43736219

>Optional:
You also have to decide what happened to the two Lost Primarchs and their Legions (II and XI).

GW wants you to come up with some unique and interesting ideas - they gave up their "these Legions are lost on purpose: to allow the building of new chapters" policy.
>>
File: 1366036932622.png (69 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
1366036932622.png
69 KB, 350x350
>>43736219

>HERESY!!! mode:

a, You have to make it less grimdark, because GW wants to ride new trends

or

b, GW wants to create a new Age of Sigmar with 40k, so 50k must be something like that

or

c, You have to kill a faction. Yepp, totally. It's your choice - Eldar, Orkz, Chaos, Space Marines, IG... even the entire Mankind. One of them must fall.
>>
>>43736286
>You have to kill a faction.
if I squat the tau can I un-squat the squat
>>
>>43736286
C should be easy mode. Just remove necrons. No one will miss them.
>>
The entire galaxy has been devoured by the Tyranid since the 42nd Millenium
>>
>>43736313
Says you.

>>43736286
A. United Eldars and Imperium. Integrated Craftsworld. Abhuman acceptance.

B. The Emperor gets up from his throne. New Great Crusade. The Sisters become a main part of the setting through the same process that gave us Sigmarines.

C.Remove Tau
>>
File: AWESOMEBONER.png (55 KB, 1382x873) Image search: [Google]
AWESOMEBONER.png
55 KB, 1382x873
>>43736347
Integration with eldar and looting of tau tech means that most IG are actually decently equipped.
New generals brought in who have a more complex thought pattern beyond, 'throw bodies at it', more cooperation between IG, space marines and sisters as well any allied eldar forces.
>>
File: Slanni.jpg (149 KB, 512x996) Image search: [Google]
Slanni.jpg
149 KB, 512x996
Every race is dead except for the Necrons and Slann locked in eternal combat.
>>
Tau united every sapient race under its flag. Everything else is either destroyed or throwed away beyound observable universe. Basically your team is historical reenactment club on some universal festival.
>>
File: f10.jpg (81 KB, 683x476) Image search: [Google]
f10.jpg
81 KB, 683x476
>>43736219
>>43736343
>>43736374
>>43736461

OP here.
I should say this sooner:

50k MUST BE FUN, of course.

As the new writer of GW, you must make up an interesting and believable fluff.

You have to create an updated Warhammer 40k that you'd actually play.

In fact, 50k should be MORE FUN than 40k.
>>
the ship moves
>>
>>43736372
>>43736514
Yeh man read what i wrote.
Also is GW gonna try and steal any of these ideas
>>
File: 0S2ZIaH.png (673 KB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
0S2ZIaH.png
673 KB, 900x506
>>43736219

Ok, just to have more option, here's another exta:

EXTERMINATUS mode:

>"So Anon, we have this new idea: you should add a new Chaos God to 50k. But please make it really cool, cause we'll add it to the rebooted Warhammer Fantasy, too! Oh, no, no, no! No idea what kind of God should that be, although it have to be just as badass as the others."
>>
first step. resolving currently brewing plotlines.

This is important because the storyline of 40k exists for a reason. On some level players aren't simply playing a tabletop hobby, but they are transplanting themselves into the world that GW has created and if there is going to be a 10,000 year timeskip then players are going to want to see a resolution towards the things that excite them and keep them playing.

Second is less important but it involves gameplay. it needs to be ramped up. We have primarchs lost inside of the warp, we have crazy STC's getting unearthed on remote worlds, we also have pretty much every other enemy slowly ramping up their own "power level"

Necrons are waking up, the real tyranid hive fleet is coming, etc. Players will want to see evolution within their game. Technology doesn't really advance in 40k, but the majority of players will be players who played 50k previously- advancing each faction is necessary and that will involve a "so broken that it's fixed" mentality.

After that there will need to be the introduction of new mechanics. People want something more than a rebooted system, players will need a better draw than lore. Players will want a better battlefield experience, or at least a different one.

The problem with the hobby scene is that eventually the hobby evolves and players welcome the change. unfortunately it's harder for a game to evolve with it. This is probably one of the reasons why WHFB died the way it did. it was designed for when people wanted to throw large armies at eachother and didn't really have a lot of terrain options. Now people want skirmishes with lots of terrain. The future will probably trend towards even smaller games like x-wing.

50k has potential, but it needs to be exercised at the right moment in time or the players will see it for the cash grab that it is.
>>
>>43736589
All i read was, turn it up and rip the knob off.
Ramp everything by another 1000%
>>
>>43736219
Write space marines entirely out of the canon
>>
>>43736219
tldr: 40k End Times, Chaos wins, setting restart
>>
>>43736231
Sounds like easy mode to me.

Hard mode would be
>Essentially nothing should change
>>
File: poetry.jpg (29 KB, 426x320) Image search: [Google]
poetry.jpg
29 KB, 426x320
>>43736589

"Excellent, anon! You clearly know what you are talking about. GW sees a great future for you. Please do tell us the first thing you will change in the setting!"

>>43736641
>Write space marines entirely out of the canon

"Interesting.
But don't you fear that the fans will be upset?
Many people like Space Marines.
We want this new game to be successful.
Losing one of the most famous faction might painfully affect the sales..."

>>43736652
>tldr: 40k End Times, Chaos wins, setting restart

"Hmm...
So do you think that an Age of Sigmar style setting would be a good idea?"

>>43736676
>Essentially nothing should change

"Listen, anon.
We meant that you should change something.
50k should be... different.
And we already established the fact that the Golden Throne is failing.
We want a different setting.
The Emperor is a central figure in 40k.
It's obvious that you have to decide what will happen to him... don't you think?
>>
>>43736769
Imperium begins to incorporate tau and eldar technologies, IG is better.
Starchild is right however holy terra becomes worse than ever with daemons and cultists running loose, new SM chapters set up to contain them.
Emperor restores the lion and gulliman and preperations are nade to restart the crusade and reclaim holy terra.
Rumors spread of a giant man attacking and harrying the dark eldar ( jaghatai khan).
>>
>>43736219

I agree with >>43736589 about the shift in consumer tastes. Not many children/people have patience to paint huge armies or the money to create them quickly, so more skirmish orientated games may be the future.

Perhaps more heroic, individual units may see a rise. Some named characters with some henchmen working together like some odd sort of tabletop League of Legends/MOBA

Fluffwise, I can see a thinning down of the races, more akin to the age of Sigmar.

The Eldar awaken their god of Death and all Eldar, Craftworld, Exodite and Dark, band together for survival and to push the agenda of their new God. No more peace, no more idly watching. They are no longer the defenders of the status quo, they now seek to sweep the stars clean from the disgusting living rot that are all the lesser races. The boot is now upon the other foot.

The Imperium crumbles after it's revealed the Emperor is long dead and the power of the High Lords of Terra fails to keep them in check. The Space Marine Chapters are shattered, worn to nearly nothing after all that war and death. Most become either lone knightly warriors or glorified mercenaries to serve the tattered remains of humanity. Some cling to old customs of technology such as the Admech. Others have went fully fanatical, with many claiming to be reincarnations of the Emperor. Some are far more progressive, welcoming in the near-extinct race of the Tau and openly co-operating with the aliens. All have a desperate need to survive.

The Tyranids and the Orks have been locked in such a savage battle for so long that they have become one and the same. Tyrannic macrophagic cells fused with ork spores and a horrid union of the species was borne. Now monstrous beings come forth in not only the many different forms of the tyranid, but also possessing the crude toolmaking ability of the orks as well. They are now a -terrible- threat, of these superpredator cavemen starting to learn and adapt not only in body, but in mind.
>>
>>43736922
Also.

I was tempted to unite Chaos with humanity, but there has always been a strict divide between the Empire and Chaos.

As for Chaos itself, I'm somewhat at a loss for ideas. Perhaps the Chaos gods surged forth to remove the C'tan once and for all, but fell into a trap laid by the Eldar God of Death and all vanished?

This leaves the Necrons and Chaos leaderless and scattered. I want to say they work together, but the Necron pre-established lore would utterly forbid that. Either way, these two superpowers have been greatly hobbled.
>>
necrons and nids mutually annihilate each other
>>
>>43736231

Ork's looted it before the star child could form.
>>
>>43736219
>>43736257
>>43736286
Ok, so, hear me out, we have got this whole time of endings thing going on, so lets use that:
The eldar lose their webway to slaanesh so that commoragh and the craftworlders are united, eldrad and vect now rule them as yriel and the other ranger guy, and every other character, actually, die in stupid ways, lets completely ignore the phoenix lords, they have ugly old minis and none like them anyway, lets pretend they never existed.
Eldrad and vect have planned the rhana yadda dadda to go to their way and survive, they must survive by killing the emperor to cause a psychic shockwave to accidentally the whole eldar race too
Because the eldar will survive by killing everything in the most retardotragic way
The tyranids have arrived, now awakened thanks to a psychic shockwave they were looking for all along, the hive mind manifests as a long lost half-old one half-c'tan female entity, ruling the swarm
They engage in a war against the necron as they try to wake up their race and close chaos, even with the return of the silent king and the alliance with the blood angels along the way, they fail and lose against the swarm.
Chaos invades, the Astra militarum is fucked sideways everywhere and abbadon now riding be'lakor on a new mini os ready to besiege terra, in the meanwhile another war is raging amid the mechanicus and the daemons for the possession of the mother of all psychic STC.
The white scars and raven guard are completely obliterated by the tau, who survive in the end because they've got no idea of what's going on and they are far away from the main happenings
The primrachs return as the dark forces of chaos approach the emperor on terra, even the lost primarchs, who are both lesbian trasgendered grills btw, no sex, we don't want that things for our consumers
The STC is finally taken by tau, given to eldrad who teleports on terra to give it to the emperor, activate it, but murdering the emperor before he can do something with it.
>>
>>43737239
The psychic shockwave does many things, killing the eldar, causing the eye of terror to grow and devour the galaxy
During the shockwave the battle for terra rages: Primarchs duke it out
All the loyalist ones, except the females, that would be misogynist, die stupi, I mean, totally epic deaths, at the loss of everyone the sanguinor becomes sanguinius, but only has the time to be recognized by the necrons as their spiritual liege, kiss one of his sisters on the cheek and hugs his dad before the eye of terror devours everything

The overmind will return in the 51millennium from her hibernation to survive the apocalypse with both tyranids, necrons and half tyranids-half necrons and c'tan shards at her command, personality aplenty now

The eldar plan will work out as the newly created god will steal the souls from slaanesh to build eldar daemons in the shape of the now dead eldar

Farsight and his enclaves will return as a chaos tau in 50k wanting to kill the tau empire and shadowsun who's now the ethereal empress of the tau empire for some reason we'll explain into a boring series of overpriced short novels
The tau have psychic powers despite not being actual psykers now btw and their tech is so advanced no tank or vehicle is needed, only suits

The power of love saves the emperor who's now sanguinius too, also his daughters, but one of them is envious of the kiss from the pretty boy and turns to chaos, taking the place of abbadon
In the 10 thousands of years in the void, the angel emperor takes the space Marines and psychically uplift them as an even more superhuman faction
Imperial knights are there too because they sell
>>
>>43737255
Sisters and guards are all dead, mechanicus survived, but is never touched in the fluff nor updated, they are ecofriendly though

Orks are not mentioned because none like orks, but they are in 50k as the kuurs, the same in theory, noble savage with wives and babies to care for in practice

There're only khorne daemons now, some are fat and ugly, using nurgle models, but are now khorne too

Warhammer 50k Furry of Darkness take place at a multiuniversal level, with galaxy marines fighting chaos marines literally on galaxies and there being various realities to play in: Want to rewrite that background you don't like or a crossover with some anime you want to make? Play with your forces teleporting there and show them how much more stronger your army is
No fluff or actual rules apart from campaign books with collectible cards with funny contests to do, don't want to limit the fantasy of our consumers

Did I get the job?
>>
>>43736534
This

The Ship is all
The Ship moves

Either that or Shape of the Nightmare to Come
>>
>>43736545
That's easy.

Chaos god of Fear.

Back in 40k he was a minour thing worshiped only by Raptor Chaos Marines and a few Chaos Eldar. Barely above a big Greater Deamon.

Now he is big enough to feed off of the fear of the other gods just as they feed off of his indulgences.

He reached back in time and wrenched the Saul of the Night Haunter to his dark throne at the moment of death and made him his first Deamon Prince.

Konrad Curze came with him. Free of his other half he clawed his own way out of the grave. He joins the Legion of the Dead as their adopted Primarch
>>
>>43737483
>Chaos god of Fear.

That's a fantastic idea!

How come that in the grim darkness of future there is no Chaos God of Fear?
It should be the most powerful one, if you think about it!

All the other Gods constantly help him... and Fear would inspire them in return.
The perfect cycle!
>>
>>43736303
Squats have been back for awhile.
>>
>>43736219
this isn't mine, just happened to come across it. Someone (calling himself Tiberius IXX) wrote a bunch of Warhammer fluff from the 42nd millennium onwards.

(background)
https://1d4chan.org/images/0/03/Warhammer43k.png

(Story)
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/File:Warhammer43k-Vulkan.png
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/File:Warhammer43k-TheDeathOfArisiel.png
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/File:Warhammer43k-Corax.png
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/File:Warhammer43k-BattleForRustagrim.png
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/File:Warhammer43k-LemanRuss.png
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/File:Warhammer43k-LiveDieRepeat.png
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/File:Warhammer43k-FallenAngel.png
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/File:Warhammer43k-DamoclesCordon.png
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/File:Warhammer43k-Magnus.png
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/File:AssaultOnLesserHadryion.png
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/File:M43_-_Fulgrim%27sPennance.png
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/File:M43_-_VictoryOnLesserHadryion.png
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/File:M43_-_TheFinalDeception.png

(source)
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Storythread
>>
>>43736219
The emperor wakes up?
>>
>>43737483
>Chaos god of Fear.
I had the same idea. Except he always was technically the most powerful god, but impotent because of his very fearful nature.
A giant terrified corpse hidden in the deepest part of the warp.
>>
>>43736286
>You have to kill a faction
Grey knight.
>>
>>43737677
>>43737483
For some reason I kept reading that as Eldar Chaos god of Fear.
>>
>>43737684
Exterminated during the final assault on Terra.

Died to the last man. Took one hell of an blood price with them.

Rumour has it that the Titan vaults were emptied when The Despoiler came knocking on the door.

The artefacts missing and the gene-labs emptied.
>>
The IG seize control of the imperium
>>
>>43737607

Fixing the link: https://1d4chan.org/images/0/03/Warhammer43k.png
>>
>>43737660
>The emperor wakes up?

And?

>>43737677
>A giant terrified corpse hidden in the deepest part of the warp.

Fear knows only fear.
I like this.
>>
>>43737783
It has daemons that manifest as its targets greatest fear.
For me it would be dying alone.
>>
File: 2908869-2874776-1385.gif (3 MB, 286x258) Image search: [Google]
2908869-2874776-1385.gif
3 MB, 286x258
>>43737767
>The IG seize control of the imperium

Oh boy!
You just made my day, dude...

My sides are now orbiting the Eye of Terror.
>>
>>43737810
Fuck you buddy.
A council of IG generals would be more competent than the high lords of terra.
>>
File: 635032491141807889.jpg (215 KB, 1020x1381) Image search: [Google]
635032491141807889.jpg
215 KB, 1020x1381
>>43737783
Minor fear demons would be horrible sickly forms that are either hidden in cover or constantly fleeing, all while forcing other units to flee.
>>
File: hurrr.jpg (53 KB, 600x563) Image search: [Google]
hurrr.jpg
53 KB, 600x563
>>43737684
>You have to kill a faction
>Grey knight.

Not the Ultrasmurfs?
Or the Dark "Mary Sue" Angels?

Come ooon!
>>
>>43737831
I consider marine a single faction already.
>>
File: lel.jpg (69 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
lel.jpg
69 KB, 500x281
>>43737821

Nice headcanon you got there, family.
>>
>>43736347
This guy is close to mine.

A. Add a large Tau population to this. Farsight's crew may be involved.

B. Civil war takes out the Ecclesiarchy after a SoB heresy reveals the Emperor is a man, not a God, a number of Astartes support this group's revelation out of knowledge of this fact and things get out of hand. SoBs are basically She-Marines now but designed to have a complementary playstyle.

C. Remove Grey Knights and Night Lords. Fuck you I'm culling two things.
>>
>>43737905
>SoB heresy

Is that even possible?

SoB are (one of) the most faithful group in the Imperium.

>reveals the Emperor is a man, not a God

It's quite obvious that he's a living corpse on the Golden Throne.
He's clearly not omnipotent...

So I don't think this scenario would be legit.
>>
>>43737684
>>43737905

Why does everyone hate the Grey Knights?
I mean seriously: they're plenty of worse chapters around there...
>>
>>43737931
A lot of devout catholics have realized "oh shit, I don't actually agree with the church on this one" before. Also, God-Emperor isn't exactly an uncommon belief; the powers that be basically have anyone who isn't a Spess Mahren convinced Big E is some kind of deity, not just a hyper-competent psyker with a title and a bunch of machines and psyker sacrifices keeping him alive.
>>
>>43737969
>A lot of devout catholics have realized "oh shit, I don't actually agree with the church on this one" before

But we're talking about space nuns who can actually turn into glowing super saiyan angels only by their pure faith in their God-husbando.

And that's a completely different story, I think.
>>
>>43737941
I don't hate them, I just think they are redundant and special snowflake
marine+. Well, it sounds harsher that what I really mean but it's the general idea.

>they're plenty of worse chapters around there...
Maybe, but >>43737841

I also feel their role would be better filled by the SoB.
>>
>>43738006
>they are redundant

Hmm...
That might be true.

But how about corrupting them?
You know, the "fallen paladin" meme.
>>
>>43737483
>Chaos god of Fear.
Fear was already a domain of malal/malice if I remember correctly.
Don't know why but could be related to fear being the emotion that can turn against its creator or something like that if I had to guess.

Gods are not tied to a single domain/emotion anyway, so for how amusing a god of fear could be, it wouldn't fit exactly at home among other chaos gods without more details and ramifications of its domain.
>>
>>43738148

I think Fear could be the strongest, yet most passive Chaos God ever.

It would be a parasite, nothing more.
All their units would be "spooky", but useless in fights - so yeah, crunch-wise that would make them useless.

... Or just make its units hit & run, magical and with ranged weaponry.
Monsters, horrors, spirits, nightmares.

All their weapons could be fear-powered; using the opponent's fear against itself.

Also camouflage / invisibility could be a thing for them.
>>
>>43738211
>All their weapons could be fear-powered; using the opponent's fear against itself.
S10 weapons but roll against enemy LD instead of toughness?
>>
Wasn't there already a /tg/ written 50k pseudo-fluff. It read it, and it was grimdark turned to 12.
>>
>>43738211
Or have them be a glass cannon army.

Fucking devastating when things are going right but then they go all to pieces if the other dudes get their shit together.
>>
>>43736534
This. /tg/ has created a WH50k.

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=50K

The hive city of the Great Lift No. 372 is the true center of commerce! We just hope the IG can hold off the orc incursion in Maintenance Corridor B. That battle has been raging for years!
>>
>>43737677
>>
File: Monsters02.jpg (18 KB, 321x178) Image search: [Google]
Monsters02.jpg
18 KB, 321x178
>>43738211
>I think Fear could be the strongest, yet most passive Chaos God ever.
Now if only we could bottle that stuff.
>>
>>43737239
>no sex, we don't want that thing for our customers
This amused me more than it should've.
>>
>>43737783
>>The emperor wakes up?
> And?
He's not fully recovered yet, the first to notice is Celestine. The Saint and a few other sisters sneak into the throne room, to communicate with him directly, and then arrange for him to "eat" the Grey Knights in order to restore his body and mind.
>>
>>43736219
>I noblebrigbht the setting. I'm tired of grimderp. Don't care if the IP will tank financially as a result.
>>
File: 18p498m6lm33ojpg.jpg (39 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
18p498m6lm33ojpg.jpg
39 KB, 640x360
>>43738666
>sisters sneak into the throne room

One does not simply snake into the throne room!

But this
>"eat" the Grey Knights in order to restore his body and mind

sounds pretty cool!
>>
>>43736534
>>43737426

Ok, this was new to me: https://1d4chan.org/wiki/The_ship_moves
>>
>>43737969
Difference is, Gods in 40k actually can do shit. As in, you pray to Khorne to become swole, you become swole. You pray to Slaanesh for sex, drugs and rock n' roll, you get it.

You pray to God in real life and at best it goes to his answering machine.

Since the SoB literally get protection from their faith in form of an army wide 6++ (including vehicles) then it's unlikely shit would happen.

You're more likely to believe in a God if he personally does stuff to you that reinforces your belief. It's why atheists scoff at the idea, since you could go "God, give me loads of money" and nothing happens. In 40k, it would, provided you sold your soul.

>God, please answer this message by not answering this message
>>
>>43736219
Tyranids destroyed by manufactured bio weapons
>>
>>43738925
>Tyranids destroyed by manufactured bio weapons

Tell me more!
It sounds promising.
>>
File: Occupy Everything.jpg (54 KB, 750x600) Image search: [Google]
Occupy Everything.jpg
54 KB, 750x600
>>43736219
Abbadon launches 13th black crusade, makes it to Terra, is killed by Cypher. Black Legion crumbles and Chaos further fractures across the galaxy. Iron Warriors and Red Corsairs now become the 2 big Chaos threats, though they are in competition with each other.
Meanwhile, a large swell of Tyranids arrive in the eastern fringe. This attracts the attention of several Ork Waaaghs. Entire sectors are lost as the two species war, becoming ever more powerful. The Imperium, still reeling from fighting Abbadon, has all but abandoned the eastern fringe, leading to the Ultramarines taking control and Ultramar becoming its own separate entity almost. Meanwhile, Isha is freed from Nurgle's grasp with the help of Cegorach. The two flee into the Webway and begin assembling the pieces of Khaine, Isha's healing abilities allowing her to begin reforming the God of Murder.
Basically, Chaos is down but not out, Tyranids and Orks are now the main threat, Eastern Fringe is an all out war zone, Ultramar is its own thing, and the Eldar begin to recover.
>>
File: matt_ward_peek.jpg (33 KB, 400x378) Image search: [Google]
matt_ward_peek.jpg
33 KB, 400x378
>>43736219
Chaos wins, the galaxy is consumed by the Warp, but never fear, Roboute Guilliman emerges from his stasis to lead the survivors against Chaos in a new galaxy. Warhammer 40,000: Age of Guilliman.
>>
>>43736769
>"Interesting.
>But don't you fear that the fans will be upset?
>Many people like Space Marines.
>We want this new game to be successful.
>Losing one of the most famous faction might painfully affect the sales..."
Nope, because we replace them with
KNIGHTS
FUCK YOUR MARINES, GIANT KNIGHTS DO BATTLE ACROSS THE WORLD
Space Marines haven't been hot for years now, Knights is where it's at. An entire battle can be 12 knights going at it, combat has become as much ritual as practical
And by the way, every knight costs 200$
>>
>>43736922
>. Not many children/people have patience to paint huge armies or the money to create them quickly, so more skirmish orientated games may be the future.
>Perhaps more heroic, individual units may see a rise. Some named characters with some henchmen working together like some odd sort of tabletop League of Legends/MOBA
WHICH IS PERFECT IF WE REPLACE EVERYTHING WITH KNIGHTS
>>43739117
>An entire battle can be 12 knights going at it
Knights are giant, easy to paint, and hard to fuck up, kids will fucking love them
>>
>>43736219
emps gets up
chaos can into corporeal
eldar fix their shit
all the nids
crons begin to care about the galaxy as a whole

nono keep reading

that thing tyranids are running from
it's another emperor
also tau are quietly forgotten and never mentioned again
>>
File: 1444405873630.jpg (512 KB, 800x984) Image search: [Google]
1444405873630.jpg
512 KB, 800x984
>>43736219
Blueberries already control all of the galaxy at this point and looking into spreading out beyond the galaxy to put an end to the tyranid invasions, which are but a nuisance at this point and conquering the suspected orky territory outside the galaxy.

Humans have either joined the greater good and died. However after nearly 10k years under tau rule humans have almost been entirely sterilized out.

Besides a few craftworlds that are fleeing the galaxy the Eldar are entirely wiped out. None of them have ever joined the greater good.

The Dark Eldar are also entirely wiped out. The Tau have mastery over and claim the entire webway as part of their empire. In fact, they have rebuilt or repaired most of the webway bringing it back to its golden age.

Although some Necrons still exist on death planets the Tau have studied, replicated, and even surpassed Necron tech at this point. Those Necrons that do awaken are easily dispatched.

From their past studies of Necron tech, the Tau created weapons to destroy even Gods. With them the Tau shattered the chaos Gods into shards and sealed them forever. They repaired the Eye of Terror sealing away the majority of Chaos Space Marines in the warp.

>In the Bright Golden future their is only Tau
>>
>>43736286
I'm pretty sure the Orks like being killed.
>>
>>43738702
Nobledark is superior.
>>
>>43736286
>c, You have to kill a faction.

Bye bye, Space Yiffs!
>>
>>43736219
>>43736231
>>43736257
>>43736286

Bring back all the Primarchs you can bring back - Vulkan, Russ, Corax, Angron, Lorgar (twenty thousand years, man, maybe it's time to get up?), II, XI, etc, etc. Let's go epic on this shit. Bring back the Emperor via... ooh, I know. Have his soul possess one of the Primarchs. Russ, maybe, it's not like all that many people like him anyway.

Close that rift underneath the Imperial Palace. Make Emperor mini. It'll cost more points than an IG army list and you'll be able to field nothing but him in the game, but he'll be so OP you'll be fully able to.

God of Fear sounds like fun idea, let's make that. Also, kill off all the Eldar, bring Ynnead on board. Have large swaths of the galaxy be eaten/occupied by either Tyranids or Necrons, with humanity being pushed into a (relatively) small part, besieged at all sides. Maybe split the Imperium into some small enclaves - Core Imperium, Ultramar etc - surrounded by enemies. In Ultramar, appeal to Guilliman's reasonable side (he has one, doesn't he?) and strike some deal with the Tau. In Core, purge the Mechanicus of worship-mystery-little progress bullshit, leave only the cool parts. Bring on moar knights.

Roll out Great Crusade 2: Crusade Harder.
>>
File: 317.png (134 KB, 600x601) Image search: [Google]
317.png
134 KB, 600x601
>>43739352
>>
>>43737527
Given how the imperium responds to xenos and everything unknown with fear and hatred...
maybe the emperor, or the hole which all the faith of humanity has been pouring into, should awaken as it.

A creature born of the collective fear and hatred of a whole species.
Fed and shaped by this.
Born to wage war eternal on that which is not itself and those among its own who are too... Different.

"And they shall know naught but fear" spoke the newly awakened emperor, ruler of the second long night.
>>
>>43738389
Exactly what I thought.
>>
File: bueno.jpg (47 KB, 546x366) Image search: [Google]
bueno.jpg
47 KB, 546x366
>>43739962
>>
>>43739962
and Hitlers 4th Reich shall rule for 10,000 years!
>>
Everything in the galaxy is dead except for a single necron. He is lonely.
>>
File: 827960378.jpg (174 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
827960378.jpg
174 KB, 1024x768
>>43740079
>and Hitlers 4th Reich shall rule for 10,000 years!
>>
>>43736219
Is 50k actually fucking coming out?

Is this 40k AoS?
>>
Everyone's dead but orks.

There are still playable factions because orks like playing dressup. Some stick Space Marine armor on and fuck around, some wear necron skulls as hats, some just fuck around with Elder shit that was left behind, so on and so forth. Except they made it all orky and have a better sense of humor.

They mostly fight amongst themselves and maybe endless hordes of tyranids. It's a pretty comfy setting if you're an ork.
>>
>>43740194
No.
>>
>>43738211
>>43738243

>none of their attacks work on space marines
>or half the other factions' troops for that matter
>basically they just shit on orks and guard and are garbage against anything else
sounds like it's ready for the next CSM codex with balance like that. good job, you're hired.
>>
File: 1361358379706393167.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1361358379706393167.gif
2 MB, 400x225
>>43740743
>sounds like it's ready for the next CSM codex with balance like that. good job, you're hired.
>>
File: gdgyya.gif (953 KB, 500x370) Image search: [Google]
gdgyya.gif
953 KB, 500x370
>>43740194

Well... who knows?
Who knows?
>>
>>43740209
> one ork pretends to be the god emperor of mankind
> gathers a large following
> he believes he is the god emperor
> so do many, many other orks
> founds the imprerium of da orks
> launches the great waaagh!
> history repeats
>>
>>43737483
...That sounds pretty lame actually. It's edgy and stuff but it doesn't stand up to the charisma of the other four.
After all they're not basic primal emotions, they're all linked to something more closely entwined to the ideas of humanity, sentience and civilization.
Fear seems a pretty cheap choice in comparison.

Now, it wouldn't be a Chaos God, but if I had to introduce a new 'god' to the Warp it would be the manifestation of the Hive Mind... that could well be the equivalent of WHFB/AOS's Horned Rat.
>>
>Tau Empire is essentially wiped out
>They become nomadic warrior race operating off of their old and lost technologies
>>
I'll try.

Let's be honest, 10k is a horribly long time lapse considering how fucked up the galaxy is right now. So the first thing we have to consider is which factions can survive and how.

Let's start from the 'threats' to the galaxy.
>Necrons - They have ungodly powers and numbers, so I don't see them going down easily. They're awakening in 40k, so in 50k many more will have risen to do their Pharaos' bidding.
>Tyranids - They keep getting stronger and their numbers are overwhelming. Also they've been 'fighting' the forces of this galaxy for a relatively short period of time. 10k years should be enough for the Hive Mind to realize that most of their defeats come from the weakness of their ships and to come up with a solution for that.
>Demons: They can't be ultimately defeated, but were all mortals to perish, there would be no more Demons as well. It's currently not clear if the reciprocal destruction could be the actual final intent of Daemonkind, but, well, let's say they're not going to be erased any time soon.

Then there are the Orks, that are tough and scary and all but not as impossible to counter as the aforementioned factions; there's mortal Chaos, that is actually less scary than the Adeptus Astartes itself, there are those tricky Eldars that try desperately to be relevant (and they *are*, through manipulation and schemes, but surely don't have relevant military forces on a galactic scale), and the very irrelevant Tau and Dark Eldar.

The Imperium is already fighting a losing battle, considering they can't replace their precious battleships, Titans, Terminator armors, and every threat is slowly eating out such resources.
As if that wasn't enough, they often have to immolate entire planets through exterminatus to stop, contain or sometimes only to slow down certain threats; and a lost planet is lost forever, and even with domain over 'a million worlds', the loss is significant.
So how can we even things out?
(continued...)
>>
>>43742517
So.
>Necrons start giving shits
SOme Pharaos cunningly realize that if they let Nids and Demons eat all mortals, there will be very little left for them to reign over. So they mobilitate to actively bring war against the demonic legions and tyranid fleets - expecially against the latter, being easier to intercept in the material world and, al considered, a greater threat to the galaxy.

>Nids eat Orks
While the Necron campaigns block many of the incoming hive fleets, the big Ork-Tyranids war ends with the bugs devouring the Ork empire. A new strain of tyranids emerge and they are so well adapted to fight Orks, they soon wipe them out of the galaxy (or at least cripple them to a borderline irrelevant faction).

>The Ecclesiarchy collapses, Terra is conquered, the Emperor is reborn
To make it short: with their diminishing forces the Imperium loses more and more connection with its more distant worlds. Some minor, interplanetar alliances between 'left out' worlds start to emerge outside the Ecclesiarchy, and ... well, not all of them convert/fall to Chaos. Perhaps some are actually protected by some castaway Astartes chapter?
So, when the bureaucratic nightmare that is the Imperium ultimately fails and its iminishing fores prove insufficient to stop the last Black Crusade, Holy Terra is finally seized by the forces of Chaos; the Emperor finally dies, but some of his loyal chapters survive and continue to guard over what's left of Mankind.
Darker centuries follow, but with the extinction of Orks and Tyranids and Necrons being mostly busy killing each other, many human worlds manage to survive.
Until the Emperor returns from the Warp and guides his surviving children to rebuild a new Imperium, this time not plagued by incompetence, bureaucracy and technological obscurantism.
>Welcome to the second Great Crusade
>>
File: sl_121v1_by_heartgear-d9gza4h.jpg (355 KB, 750x1125) Image search: [Google]
sl_121v1_by_heartgear-d9gza4h.jpg
355 KB, 750x1125
>>
One of the lost legions is a all minority, mulsim all female group.
>>
>>43742517
>>43742856

Ah yeah, I forgot to draw conclusions about how factions work in 50k.

>CSM
Once their great enemy has been seemingly defeated, the forces of Chaos splinter even further, their only cares being pillage, debauchery and the abscension to the favour of their dark masters.
On the tabletop they will bring smaller numbers of 'proper' CSM, that are usually veterans and despoilers of the last Black Crusade, thus being greatly stronger than the average 40k marine, covered in trophies and simbols of their patrons. Alongside with them there will be more mundane pillagers, marauders and cultists. They will have less tank-like vehicles and more walkers, half-daemons, 'super terminators' and such. Rules-wise they're a moderately flexible force with either great, tough, elite soldiers and/or masses of disposable cannon-fodder, some mobility tricks, a wide arsenal and skull-crushing melee options.

>Demons
After the fall of Terra, the demonic forces have ravaged countless planets without resistance, feasting on flesh and souls. Now the demonic legions count more and different types of daemons, alongside with trapped bodies and souls and monstrosities created from them.
Tabletop-wise, resourceful and highly customizable but usually tricky-glasscannon army

>SM
With the fall of Terra the surviving Space Marines chapters have followed different paths, but mostly they've tried to protect what was left of humanity, compensating their small numbers (and the lack of a organized galactic army to take the brunt of enemy forces) with an even more prudent and strategic modus operandi, striking only when necessary to cripple the enemy rather than vanquish it and minimize losses. They've also changed their names to something else adequately nobledark (like Knights of Terra or some other romantic stuff).
Of course everything changed for the better with the return of the Emperor. (Continue)
>>
Another Age of Strife.
>>
>>43747096
Two more ages of strife.
Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.