[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/pfg/ - Pathfinder General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49
File: murder hobos.jpg (852 KB, 2392x1920) Image search: [Google]
murder hobos.jpg
852 KB, 2392x1920
Pathfinder General /pfg/

If you are asking for build advice, please mention which third-party books are allowed. If you do not say anything, we will assume DSP/SoP is allowed.

Unified /pfg/ link repository:
http://pastebin.com/HwxEjiKW

Previous thread >>43726902

What murderhobo acts have you or your party committed recently?
>>
/pfg/, what's the best way to deal with constructs without being a 9th level caster? Also preferably without magic.
>>
>>43735042
This image would be better if we replaced all the location names with the word 'loot'
>>
Also, new pastebin.
http://pastebin.com/BuSCnkyy
>>
Hello Initators! Drowanon here with more homebrew!
Do you want to fight with a gun in one hand and a sword in the other?
Do you want to fight with throwing weapons and punches?
Do you want to marry a drow?
If you answered yes to at least one of the first two questions, I have something new for you:

Bloody Kraken! A Discipline based off of mixing up melee and ranged attacks! Find the link here!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-Gb6LvyNCgLGKsno7BFCTXn4fNaIxUngdbGeGfPk2jg/edit?usp=sharing

Also if you answered yes to the third, this cutie is relevant.

Good night! I'll answer questions in the morning!
>>
>>43735073
Dude, stop. Nobody cares.
>>
>>43735084
>>43735042
Too tired to even link it to the OP, fuck.
Good night for real.
>>
>>43735084
anon I think your blade and bullet feat is way too much fun
>>
http://pastebin.com/DfQy1e3t
I updated the pastebin with the half-psychopomps, but their probably broken anyway and I'm too tired to think about it.
>>
Still looking for a weigh-in on >>>43735006
>>
>>43735006
If you tone them down just a few levels, say to level 7, that would work really well. They've got a lot of good tools, some nice variability, and the idea of using slumber and evil eye on a party is just terrifying.

One thought, and this is something I did with a villainous witch in a separate game that I ran, give her improved familiar, and a pugwampi as a familiar. rolling twice like that is a terrifying penalty against a witch. If you want to make it slightly worse, trade out ward for misfortune and give the pugwampi a wand of ill omen.

As all of those effects state that you roll every d20 twice, if you got hit with all three (unlikely), you would end up rolling 8 times against that bestow curse or hold person.

Rolling twice is generally intimidating enough, though.
>>
>>43735150
Yeah, I'm really liking this flavor of Witch.

Heroes of the Jade Oath also has a Dragon patron, which adds some extra flavor.
>>
>>43735054
Mithral current is the counterattack and agile stabbing discipline. If you want to have the ultimate defense, combine it with some other discipline to get more defensive counters. iirc veiled moon has some.
>>
So I'm playing a cartomancer Witch. What kind of crazy shit can I do? I picked the cartomancer for flavor since it's more social than fighting. But can I do anything cool in fighting? Outside of combat even?
>>
File: 1412131190379.jpg (223 KB, 756x570) Image search: [Google]
1412131190379.jpg
223 KB, 756x570
>>43735084
Bloody Kraken, Elemental Flux, and Sleeping Goddess go well together.

My initiator aegis is gonna be so happy.
>>
Ok, I really need help guys. How does one "fix" the rules for hireling people and running businesses? Because at the moment it is nebulous who actually works in a business you own, whether they get their own rolls, and how much you actually have to pay people (since they could just practice profession and get more money in all likelihood).

Is there a better, possibly 3rd party, ruleset out there for hirelings/cost of living/businesses?
>>
How do you guys handle the Rage features of the Skald and Bloodrager classes with the advent of the Unchained Barbarian? Do you convert their rages into a form congruent with Unchained, or leave them as-be?

Sorry if this has been asked in a previous thread.
>>
>>43735508
Does the Downtime Guide not have that info?
>>
>>43735527
It's terrible. You make one time payments then people work for you forever, and doesn't have costs for their living expenses. It also doesn't have very many specialized hirelings.
>>
Hey, I'm that guy who was making Homunculi in the last thread.

So I'm thinking of, once the city is built it needs an army, right?

I'm thinking of what kind of constructs I want to police the streets/fight my enemies.

For local police force I believe the best would be Flesh Golems with the Brain organ upgrade to make them intelligent enough to know the law codes.

To fight my enemies it would be Terra-cotta soldiers/archers/horsemen, and animated siege engines.

Would this be good enough you think? The city population will likely end up being 60-80% construct.
>>
/pfg/, what's that one little hangup you always have about characters?

I can't seem to be interested in actually making a non-martial character, even though I really am a huge fan of the classic beardy robey wizards. Just can't seem to get myself to enjoy it, mechanically, and it's bugging the hell out of me.
>>
>>43735628
I make too many bitter old men and too many young men with father issues.
>>
>>43735628
female

don't know why
>>
>>43735544
Hm.

I'd say that the common labor worker probably doesn't need a huge amount to live, and the guide seems to be written with the Absolute Law running the whole system.

That is to say, most of the labor is likely in a position in which they are working in a system much like Corps in Shadowrun. They live on-site, in buildings owned by the same person paying them to work, leaving them in a circle of working and receiving food/shelter rather than an actual paycheck. Mathematically, it balances out, but the 'realism' part of people not liking that kind of thing gets thrown aside.

To be fair, iirc DTG said he'd made it as streamlined as possible. Minutiae details like /paying individual workers/ were likely ignored entirely.

This is, of course, aside from the fact that there aren't really any rules for that kind of thing in the first place.
>>
>>43735628

I have trouble making characters who aren't in some way decent people. I've played murderhobos in the past, and even plenty of evil characters, but I've found myself unable to enjoy playing someone who's a "bad person" unless I'm running them as an NPC while DMing.

I also tend to enjoy playing female characters more, but I know exactly what the reason for that is.
>>
File: ss+(2015-07-27+at+03.32.35).jpg (44 KB, 593x212) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-07-27+at+03.32.35).jpg
44 KB, 593x212
>>43735628
I.... don't really have any. I've never actually repeated a character or archetype that I recall, up until I finally made a rogue for the second time ever a while back.
I've played a fighter, a ranger, a druid, a wizard, a cleric, a warpriest, an arcanist, an oracle, a slayer, an aegis, and as I mentioned a rogue. That's about the sum total number of characters I've ever actually played, now that I think about it. There might be a few more I'm forgetting.

I get a bit of a laugh from my group whenever I make a female character, but it's never stopped me (though it's probably a fairly even split between my male and female characters).

This is weird. I thought I'd have an answer easy, but thinking about it... I guess not.
>>
Bleh. I should get back to brewing my iajutsu homebrew class/archetype
>>
>>43735821
Path of War Mithral Current, using a Bushi Warder or Warlord, with the old 3.5 Iajutsu Strike skill.

Congrats.
>>
>>43735836
oh hey they actually did that

fuck ye
>>
>>43735062
Everyone in my party pitched in to buy our barbarian an Adamantine battle axe for such occasions. It was a good buy, been really useful.
>>
>>43735084

This is fairly neat. The pirate thematics are cool, the chaining melee into ranged and vice-versa is cool (awkward if you don't have both weapons on hand, though).

The 9th is incredibly underwhelming, though. It's basically "make a full attack while moving a bunch, except each attack is against someone different, with some extra damage." That's something that'd probably fit better at 7th. Sleeping Goddess has a similar one that does it with teleports and possibly more than a full attack (possibly less though), and that's at 6th.

I didn't read it fully. I've also got endless comments about grammar and formatting, but I figure you don't want to hear those as much as feedback on other stuff. Which I didn't really give. I'm pretty much the worst here.
>>
>>43735084
Found a gap.

Associated skill? I'd assume it's Escape Artist, what with all the feats requiring ranks in it...
>>
>>43735084
I just played a Priavteer Warlord who died. Great, i could have used this.
>>
>>43735062
Golembane necklace?
>>
>>43735511
unchained barbarian is for the players who can't handle the complexity of two character sheets (or a few parentheses for stats), skald grants a minirage, bloodrager doesn't. an unchained skald would just be a basic bard.
>>
>>43735628
I cant build a character that has less than 4 different class dips. I guess it has to its own unique 'class' but built from others.

Does anyone have the Ranged Style feats from Weapon Master Handbook?
>>
File: ranged styles.jpg (1 MB, 4584x3200) Image search: [Google]
ranged styles.jpg
1 MB, 4584x3200
>>43736500
yup
>>
>>43735084
I read through it all, on the whole I like it a lot. Haven't gotten a proper handle on how strong the maneuvers actually are, but more than that the overwhelming impression I get is that it's really fun to use.

The third style feat is possibly a bit too good, as is the first stance. I get that it's meant to let you use your proper fighting style from level 1 without needing to bite into the TWF line, but free extra attacks at first level is a bit too strong.
>>
>>43735084
Some feedback from someone else I shared the doc with
>Very fun but numerous things are too strong
>1st level stance should be 3rd level; the 3rd level stance is worse than the 1st level one
>wording on surfacing kraken needs work, also wording in general
>'Pounce with another strong attack along the way' is pretty strong; even though I get it's for the sake of activating rend
>'Pick any rage power without needing to qualify' sounds really good and kind of mean for stealing the Barbarians' gimmick
>Level 7 stance: +8ish to attack rolls plus free movement everywhere is scary
>Level 8 stance's "add your initiation modifier to attack, ac, damage, and dr" is in his words, 'nopenopenopenopenopenopenope'

On the whole his impression is positive but some of the things need reining in.
>>
>>43736584
I get how it's different, but what about a big human fighter whose feats are Power Attack, Cleave, and Cleaving Finish?
>>
>>43736631
It's a resource expenditure and stackability thing.
You just get a free extra attack with no penalties, and it will stack with all the later stuff you get that also gives you extra attacks.
In fact, if you do go into TWF which lets you use both your pistol and sword in a full attack, that's pretty much two guaranteed extra attacks per round at level 1.
>>
>>43736631
They won't get to use strikes though!
Wait neither do these free attacks...
But boosts! Boosts a Warlord human with those feats could use...

Fuck you the balance FEELS OP okay? Like hte kineticist.
>>
>>43736696
*To clarify I was talking about the 1st level stance there, sorry
>>
>>43736701
A free attack is a free attack. You can do it no matter what else you do that turn, including using your boosts and other strikes.
It's essentially an always-active haste that has even fewer strings attached. And maybe most importantly, it's hands down better than any of the other discipline style feat chain finishers.

Haste itself is bordering on mechanically broken but it doesn't count as broken because it's a staple of core gameplay.
>>
File: 1445979798221.jpg (291 KB, 554x769) Image search: [Google]
1445979798221.jpg
291 KB, 554x769
So, is there any errata for the original PoW stuff? Mainly looking at Broken Blade stuff, seeing as one of my players just keeps exploding everything against him with bronze knuckle, and I'm salty.
>>
>>43736727
>>43736777
Its their next POW related project after expanded apparently.

What level are you? If it makes you feel better i can probably show you a build for that level that 2 turns something 4 CRs above it's level using only 1pp.
>>
>>43736787
Woops didnt mean to reply to >>43736727
>>
>reading paladin archetypes
>chosen one

Its literally the magical girl archetype jesus.
>>
>>43736837
I'm pretty sure it's based on Link rather than magical girls, but the concept works for both.
>>
>>43736777
There is no errata on it yet, but it's public knowledge that Broken Blade and Primal Fury need nerfing and are scheduled for it.
>>
>>43736850
i mean the magical girl class is still Aegis
>>
yo does anyone know if there is a way to gain proficiency in Longswords with the use of a trait?

I am playing a cleric who was forced to fight with a group of paladins who all followed Iomedae and used Longswords but the character's personality fits much better as a follower of Desna

So I want her backstory as growing up fighting with paladins to reflect her skill in using a longsword but want to have Desna as her god

any ideas outside of Martial Weapon Proficiency?
>>
File: 1443938401567.jpg (140 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1443938401567.jpg
140 KB, 500x500
>>43736787
I'm the GM, the players are level 5, almost 6. I'm just worried that he might trivialise the big bad coming up. He has DR/Epic, but that maneuver bypasses DR.
>>
If I take Fiendish Facade, can I pass as an aasimar or solar angel? Or should I just try to pass as human?

Also, how does this work for a Qlippoth-Spawn?
>>
>>43736857
Not sure about regular traits, but I know Elves and Half-Elves can get proficiency from a racial trait.
>>
>>43736857
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits/equipment-traits/heirloom-weapon
>>
>>43736857

There's the Heirloom Weapon Trait, and that's it.
>>
>>43736870
Give it non-DR defenses then.
Boost its AC with a ring of protection or by having it drink a potion of shield. Have it gain displacement, blur or some similar effect. Fuck, just have the thing stand behind some chumps who will block the first charge, then have it try to 1 round the guy.

Trivializing martials is easy. For some types of POW martials they can get around some of this with shattered mirror, veiled moon or i guess using one of the jumping boosts to literally leap over the obstacles but still you can design encounters, so design them well.

Oh, also traps. Just put a trap in front of the guy. Unless someone makes a perception check actively they wont see it and even if they do make the check they probably wont see it. A brawler at the bottom of a pit is less deadly than a brawler next to your villain.
>>
>>43736901
yep I was looking at that

not sure how it works with the way it is worded though

>Choose a non-masterwork simple or martial weapon and one of the following benefits: a) You gain proficiency with that specific weapon;

the way I understand this is that I would have a non-masterwork longsword and would be proficient using only that particular longsword. If I ever tried to get a new longsword or tried to make that sword masterwork then I would lose proficiency

or am I understanding this wrong and by taking this trait I can just gain proficiency with all longswords?
>>
>>43736912
you gain proficiency with that longsword and that longsword only

That is the only way to gain longsword proficiency via a trait.

Otherwise you can get it by being and elf or half-elf
>>
>>43736926
If I upgrade that sword through masterwork transformation do I still maintain proficiency with it?
>>
>>43736936
Yes. But it is that sword and that sword only.
>>
>>43736937
works for me
I can do masterwork transformation and then enchant it. Just gotta let my GM know that I probably won't be needing a new weapon anytime soon. Or ever unless its a heavy mace
thx
>>
The Ilsurian archer looks awful. Why would anyone pick it?
>>
>>43735042
>What murderhobo acts have you or your party committed recently?
In order:

- Looted a duke's mansion during a party he threw for us (to be fair, he did offer us a choice of rewards from any of the archaeological objects he'd discovered on his journeys early in life; though the dervish bard, in typical bard fashion, snuck into the bedroom of the duke's daughter later that night and took, well, her as the reward).
- Stole a whole pile of crap from a dwarf noble, basically everything not nailed down. When informed that he used adamantine nails (he was STUPID rich and sitting on a lode of the stuff, plus I think the DM forgot exactly how much it'd all be worth as well as forgetting we have a portable hole), we took the nails too. Then the rest. Wizard wiped his memory of the events, so he thinks one of his rivals in the nobility was responsible. Might even spark a new clan war.
- Used most of the profits to obtain, craft or upgrade magic items, and buy a skyship.
- Fled to the skies to escape the wrath of said dwarf noble.
- We are now sky pirates.
>>
Does ability score damage reduce your power point total?
Does it drain points from your existing pool?
>>
>>43736911
Don't worry, this boss has some really hefty HP and Fast Healing, also great AC, the DR was just icing on the cake. He's also Mythic with the Block Attack and Duel Initiative abilities, and the encounter will most likely take place in a very open town street, and start at long range (~1000ft).
>>
>>43736991
>1000 feet
Isn't that like -100 to perception to notice him? He's getting a surprise round i reckon, even without stealth.
>>
>>43737005
Well, they'll probably be able to see the damage he's causing as he's rampaging through the town, also said rampaging is keeping him busy. He only becomes aware of the players when a certain character he has a special link to comes within that range, and he still needs line of effect for his ranged attacks, except for his artillery strike attack, because I need some way to soften them up. Think of this bad guy as a smaller version of Mecha-Godzilla.
>>
>>43737083
>Softening them up with artillery
>Not making the smoke and fire of his overheating core shoot out fire elementals and belkers that the players must fight to reach him
>>
>>43737083
The sound of a battle is given as an example of -10 DC, so i imagine the sound of buildings being smashed and the sight of smoke in the air is probably like -40 or something and once they get within 400 feet they should spot him automatically.
>>
Does Medic Powers of the vitalist add the Network descriptor to any of those powers manifested by the vitalist, or only those manifested AS a vitalist?
Because if it applies to Psi-Like abilities that would be super cool.
>>
Rakshasa are outsiders of the material plane. Its obvious why there are outsiders of the elemental planes and the celestial planes and all that jazz, but its interesting to see one that is of the material plane. Not just something that lives there like a Couatl or a Peri, but is BORN of it.

Would it be silly to make a class that channels the material plane in the same way other classes use the power of elemental planes or the astral/shadow planes and other things like it? Like what a fire elemental obsessed with the material plane might take as a class?

Abilities could be things like using or altering matter, summoning denizens of the material plane to aid you in combat (deadly creatures from this mysterious plane, like moose, orcs or dragons may be summoned to aid you) and mastering the weaknesses of material plane creatures, like breathing, eating and sleeping. A fire elemental cannot normally breathe, but with this material plane champion class it could not only breathe if it chose to, but breathe exceptionally well giving it abilities like scent or being able to exhale a blast of wind. A sleeping material plane class member could perhaps use its dreams to divinate or to rapidly heal its wounds as though it were magic. Eating and Drinking could let you mimic the effects of lesser potions.
>>
I have been away for awhile. What's the verdict on weapon's master handbook? Do melee get nice thing?

I'm kinda interest in doing halfling sling staff master throwing alchemical items everywhere.
>>
>>43737366
Some people think its amazing and that when combined with 3pp it makes fighter tier 4.

Sane people think its buffs to some martial builds, but ultimately is too little to matter.
>>
>>43737373
When combined with 3pp you have the Myrmidon archetype, which was already a solid tier 4 at least. People have made some decent arguments for Myrmidon/Lore Warden being tier 3, because it has a ton of skills (6+int), initiating, and can take the advanced weapon training abilities in that book.

I do think 1pp fighter being tier 4 because of the weapon master's handbook stuff is questionable at best though, and needs further discussion.
>>
>>43737404
Nobody, NOBODY thought Myrmidon was Tier 4. The people yelling Tier 4 are only doing so when combining Lore Warden and Myrmidon AND the new stuff. Even that is stupid and wrong. It still can't fight for shit and has no use outside of combat except for some knowledges.

Fucking cavalier does better than this shit.
>>
>>43737525
The other thread said combing the fighter lore/myrmidon was only tier 3 because it could prestige into mage hunter for spells and that makes it tier 3
>>
>>43737525
You... are aware that Fighters are at least capable of doing their jobs, right?

The job of 'hit dudes and make 'em fall down'?
>>
>>43737595
No, i am not aware of that. Outside of archer fighters and some multiclass builds involving unarmed fighter or dips that use fighter for feats, Fighters are always strictly inferior to Barbarians, Cavaliers, Rangers, Paladins etc. Most Fighters cannot deal with CR appropriate enemies beyond about level 6 without disproportionate magic items, buffs or some other "catch-up" advantage.

They don't have the ability to reach their enemies (flight, difficult terrain, interceding monsters, teleportation, ANYTHING can stop a fighter) they don't have the ability to get past magical/SU defenses and until cut/smash from the air they couldn't deal with any spells at all. Playing a high level fighter is a nightmare unless your DM hands you some items that let you get around most of these issues.

At least Cavaliers and Barbarians deal better damage and have some nice tricks, like the mount letting the Cavalier do multiple things at once or the Barbarian's Rage Powers letting them get resistances or chew through walls or whatever.
>>
>>43737741
Alright spud, you need to calm down. Fighters can, in fact, do things, much as it may gall you. That which stops a fighter stops all martials, so your other examples are a moot point, and the cavalier has the added problem of relying heavily on mounted combat, a role that doesn't work in many dungeon settings.
>>
>>43737741
By 'disproportionate magic items' do you mean 'magic items the game assumes you have'?
>>
>>43737773
Unless you know, you play a small cavalier. In which case mounted combat works fine.

Barbarians have a host of resistances, save bonuses, SR, dispel, movement modes, defense bypasses and other shit available to them through rage powers that means that what stops a fighter does not always stop a barbarian.

Cavaliers are more limited than the Barbarian, but still benefit from greater speed and having effectively an animal companion. Sadly they really cant do that much better in the fighter at avoiding magical defenses, only obliterating the fighter in DPR, consistency and mobility.
>>43737806
No i mean around 50-100% above WBL. It varies depending on how varied your foes are, if you tend to fight foes that consistently use the same magical defenses, tactics, or movement modes obviously you need less items. Plus if everything has a shared type you can use a bane weapon, which saves a ton of gold you can then put on other items.

So i guess they don't need disproportionate items when playing Giantslayer, yay!
>>
>>43737861
Don't forget that the Cavalier orders also grant bonus skills, and also depending on the order can have useful combat utility and the like. Plus challenge us essentially a limited Smite Anything.
>>
>>43737888
Well challenge i included the damage of in the "outdamages the fighter" thing in my mind.

The skills are an obvious advantage the cavalier has, but to be honest not that many of the powers are useful outside of combat. Most are either boosts to your own damage and defenses or boosts to those things that you share with your allies.
>>
>>43736855
Is the errata gonna be on thier site?
>>
>>43738017
Yes. It'll be on our site, released for review/playtesting (would suck if our nerfs needed nerfs or went too far) - and that'll be ALL THE ERRATA. Broken Blade & Primal Fury nerfs, addressing issues with the other disciplines like wording edits & damage rebalancing across the gameline, class errata, etc, etc.

TL;DR we are not going to half-ass this fix, and the community will be involved. Transparency holds true.
>>
>>43738055
Gareth does the Vitalist's Medic Powers apply to Psi-Like abilities or manifesting gained from other classes?
>>
File: humansniper.jpg (46 KB, 320x448) Image search: [Google]
humansniper.jpg
46 KB, 320x448
>Find cool artwork i could use for one of the characters i'm doing for the local RPGday
>Trace down artist
>He didn't upload this artwork

;_; life is hard
>>
>>43738254
That is one big crossbow.

Also this bitch was EVIL in draft. I don't recall seeing it in constructed, but triggering its unity was never hard and long-range's effect is that when the ally with it attacks, they don't take damage from the target they attacked, so it meant you could without risk or any loss to yourself take out a high attack enemy ally.

I miss WoW TCG.
>>
>>43738277
I got slightly in because my mother wanted to try her luck with a spectral saber code, and i was recovering from my slight M:tg addiction. I never found one, but i got around 100 cards, plus the Onyxia raid boss encounter.
>>
>>43738318
I played when it initially came out, it wasn't that great though the core rules were much better than Magic's core rules. I got back into it during the last few blocks, a new company had taken over and had massively improved the card design, it was amazingly fun to play. Plus the raid decks were pretty awesome, the new ones were automated which was sorta nice as you needed less players but i missed being able to play the old decks.

But now we have RNGstone and Hex, one's casual as all shit with literally three card types and no real interaction between players and after a card has been played nothing but passive effects and the other is literally fucking MTG, throwing away all the improvements WoW TCG had like NO LAND SCREW, equipment, dynamic resources, class+faction based deck building etc.
>>
File: 6eb.png (300 KB, 678x468) Image search: [Google]
6eb.png
300 KB, 678x468
DrowAnon here again. On my phone headed to class, but I've seen y'alls feedback and I'll get to addressing it once I get home.

Everyone should have comment privileges, so if you want to harass me about grammar, feel free to mark it up. If it's mechanics, feel free to comment on it.

Thanks for taking the time out to look at it! I appreciate the feedback, and I'll address it individually once my weekend starts.
>>
>6th-level game
>25 pb
>1pp only, but all 1pp allowed (that means the new books are in)
>we're going to Bloodsworn Vale
>there's already a Kineticist (race unknown), a Wizard (likely Elf), and a guy who is specifically waiting for me to pick my character

Between the following, which is best?

>Grippli Bard
>Riverfolk Gillman Huntmaster Cavalier
>Tengu Slayer
>Skinwalker Bloodrager
>Halfling Daring Champion Cavalier
>Strongtail Merfolk Warpriest
>Human White-Haired Witch
>Dhampir Inquisitor
>>
>>43738395

Tengu Slayer sounds like it could be a lot of fun, but the Skinwalker sounds like it would make a lot more sense for Bloodsworn Vale.
>>
>>43738395
Best at what?
With the halfling, why pay a mountless cavalier if you are going small?

Tengu Slayer can use the Tetsubo to get massive x4 crits.

Boodrager is probably the best idea, Skinwalker is an odd choice but being an angry magical animal man is a great image and should be one of the strongest choices.
>>
>>43738431
Which would work best with the Wizard and the Kineticist for maximum party synergy?

Admittedly, class is all I know about their builds yet.
>>
>>43738395
I would personally go Bard or Inquisitor
>>
>>43738459
Some sort of Str based character so you can carry their shit until they get a magic item to invalidate you.

On a more serious note, probably some sort of front line so you can tar pit for the backline.
>>
>>43738459
The kineticist is mostly going to be doing damage, with maybe some status effects or combat maneuvers. He's not going to be very good at any of these things (including damage) except maybe trips.

The wizard will lock down enemies and leave them unable to move. His powerful AOE effects and/or evocations will also encourage enemies not to group up, this makes picking a mounted character ideal, as you can charge one without immediately being swamped by others.

Bloodragers get bonuses against their allies spells with blood sanctuary dont' they? So that's also a good choice.
>>
>>43738459
>Which would work best with the Wizard and the Kineticist for maximum party synergy?

You'll need a character in the thick of things providing a clear and present danger to the encounters, which means you'll need to be melee with a focus on CON.

Bloodrager and Slayer fit this best.
>>
>>43736510
thanks!
>>
>>43738395
Definitely either the Tengu Slayer or the Skinwalker Bloodrager.
>>
Post cute monsters
>>
>>43738718
>>
File: HAS SCIENCE GONE TOO FAR.jpg (336 KB, 1000x833) Image search: [Google]
HAS SCIENCE GONE TOO FAR.jpg
336 KB, 1000x833
>>43738718
>>
File: 1438639878803.jpg (343 KB, 621x605) Image search: [Google]
1438639878803.jpg
343 KB, 621x605
>>43738718
>>
File: Vorka.png (584 KB, 726x772) Image search: [Google]
Vorka.png
584 KB, 726x772
>>43738718
Just look at this hat.
>>
File: idling.gif (384 KB, 284x264) Image search: [Google]
idling.gif
384 KB, 284x264
>>43738718
>Suli Bard with maxed Perform (Dance)
>>
File: 1390904950434.png (405 KB, 996x1024) Image search: [Google]
1390904950434.png
405 KB, 996x1024
Can I do tripping well with polearms?
I've had an itching to make a polearm-based tripping build, but I'm not sure what the best way to do it is.
I'd be looking at 1pp content only, most likely going human or some other core race. It would be starting from level 1, so there's not exactly much to build for.

The polearm master and phalanx fighter archetypes don't really strike me as being particularly fantastic.
>>
File: 1436022660458.png (121 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1436022660458.png
121 KB, 480x480
>>43738798

>You will never play an Ifrit
>You will never call your dick the "Sunrod" after smearing it with Fire Ink.
>>
>>43738806
Cleric is often a popular choice. Trip people with AoOs and cast spells/channel energy on your turn.
>>
>>43738828
Huh. I hadn't actually considered cleric for that.
That opens up a lot of other doors too.
>>
>>43738806
Grab a Guisarme or other polearm with the trip feature. Now, while Monks are lame overall, they can do maneuvers like trip and grapple decently, and you get a movespeed aid for positioning.
Clerics are excellent trippers, as are some Warpriests. Paladins can also take a feat to apply thier Smite bonuses to maneuvers. Inquisitors or Caveliers with Tandem Trip can be fun if you have friends.
>>
>>43738806
Why would you want a polearm trip build?
Just play a halfling druid/monk, wild shape into an animal or eventually an air elemental and trip whole fields of people in a single turn.
>>43738852
Battle Oracles are apparently good too for more or less the same reasons.
>>
>>43738718
>Aasimar Sorcerer, Celestial Bloodline
>>
>>43738884
Honestly, I just like not having spells.
I know that 3.pf is the wrong game to play for not liking spells, but I just like the idea of playing a dude who's really good at fighting. Also, I'll check the battle oracle out.
>>43738865
I'll take a look at the cleric deity list. Not sure if the DM will be cool with using an evil deity, since it's supposed to be a goody-two-shoes game.

Thanks guys, I appreciate it.
>>
File: 1447034891673.gif (11 KB, 408x408) Image search: [Google]
1447034891673.gif
11 KB, 408x408
If you had the authority to decide a theme and setting for one AP, what and where would it be?

>Hard Mode: Crystal is writing one of the books
>Nightmare Mode: Crystal is writing one of the books, so is JJ
>Dante Must Die Mode: Crystal is writing on one of the books, so is JJ, and one of them is including an original character from one of their campaigns
>>
>>43738963
Look, the Manevuer Master/Underfoot Adept halfling that transforms into a huge air elemental may be very magical, but multiclassing will mean you have less spells!

Cleric and Oracle both have spells, if you really want to be spell-less trip master, i suggest using a Monk (Flowing Monk or Unchained) with a Nine Section Whip or going unarmed.
>>
>>43739007
The LG nation of Hermea is conquering the world, starting with a genocide of the entire continent of Garund. The PCs are heroes of their army, and end the AP completing their conquest with the execution of Arshea, Shelyn, Milani, and whatever else are their favorite gods.
>>
>>43739007
>Normal Mode: Setting is Absalom, theme is keeping planar boundaries secure. Notes about "warped mirror-images of past heroes" would abound.

>Hard Mode: Setting is Hermea, theme is getting to the bottom of what's going on

>Nightmare Mode: Setting is Arcadian Ocean, theme is Aboleths

>Dante Must Die Mode: Setting is Earth, theme is homesickness
>>
>>43739049
Applies for all modes, in case that wasn't clear.
>>
>>43739043
I think I'm gonna roll out with a reach cleric. Divine spells are cool.
>>
>>43739007
Dante Must Die mode. You play as monsters who live in a dungeon and have to travel through its levels surviving adventurers, the mindless denizens and traps of the dungeon and a plot to overthrow the evil dragon who rules the place!

I eagerly await JJ's floor full of rapists and captured adventurers as much as i do the peaceful monsters who didn' do nuffin and are actually really nice.
>>
>>43738963
Shelyn, the NG Goddess of beauty and love, has Glaive as her favored Weapon.
>>
>>43739007

This is easy.

The setting is Land of the Linnorm Kings, and the theme is honor.

Dante Must Die: Crystal will bite down on the half-orc colonies in in the Ironbound Islands, and JJ will love White Estrid long time. There will be a bard somewhere along the way in Kalsgard.

I can't see a real way they can fuck this up unless they make the campaign about Runelords or how great and awesome White Estrid is, which isn't even that big a deal since White Estrid's still pretty damn Ulfen.
>>
Is there any way for spells to go wrong beyond not doing anything in PF?

Things like "you accidentally summoned your evil counterpart from another dimension" or "you wildshaped into a cockroach" or even "you ignited all the alcohol in the village you idiot."
>>
How do full casters deal with surprise round grapples at different levels?
>>
>>43739407
Past level 7, defensive strategist and emergency force sphere.
>>
File: victor.jpg (74 KB, 1024x748) Image search: [Google]
victor.jpg
74 KB, 1024x748
>>43739173
>unless they make the campaign about Runelords
If it's Jacobs, then they will. Because the Runelord of Envy who owned that chunk of land up there is about level 18-19 and a wizard, "making her well-designed as an end boss for an Adventure Path."

And you won't even see Fafnheir except in the Continuing the Campaign section.

I am bitter and cynical. All I want is to be a big hulking hunky warrior (exceptions may be allowed for Eldritch Knights, but it must be STRENGTH), to fuck hot not!Norse women (and the occasional half-not!Asian qts because the place is full of them), scream "WITNESS!" while I stand atop the corpse of a dead linnorm and shake its head around as proof, and retire the character as a badass Linnorm King.
>>
>>43739407
Mutually agreeing to prepare at least one Liberating Command and/or Grease per day in any party of 2 or more full casters has always been very helpful for me.

Some GMs are sticklers about Grease only working on armor, but a Haramaki or other 1AC no ACP or spell failure armor works fine and is cheap.
>>
>>43739466
Is that Krynn art?
>>
>>43739466

Vikingbro currently in a Land of the Linnorm Kings campaign here, if a spot ever opens in the campaign I will advertise it here first.

We still haven't made it to Halgrim yet, but the DM definitely seems like the sort to be on board for all of that. He insists we describe how we kill or hit an opponent, we've had numerous relaxed conversations about buxom Valkyries and bangin' hot Tien girls, and the Reputation system is absolutely in place.
>>
>>43739466
Even if such a campaign were to be written, i would be pissed if you kill a Linnorm at the end. Each player should be able to in the 5th book try their hand at becoming a Linnorm King if they want to, not as part of the campaign inherently or only for one player.
>>
>>43739544
MtG.
>>
>>43739367
There are Wild Magic/Chaotic Magic rules.
But those only happen in localized areas, like the Mana Wastes
>>
>>43739769
What about Primalists?
>>
>>43739769
There are ways to intentionally cause those to happen, though it's on purpose. I dunno of anything that causes those by accident except in the case of a certain Drawback for Spheres casters that imposes a 10 percent chance of a Rod of Wonder effect when you use an ability.
>>
So let me get this straight.

The Test of the Starstone only gives you two mythic tiers and a free "Divine Source" mythic ability, right?
>>
>>43739875
Yup. Why else do you think Iomedae still had to crusade herself after succeeding.

Being a God in PF is surprisingly easy in retrospect.
>>
>>43739875
Yes, apparently all mortals who become gods go through the process of trying to hit mythic rank 10, including Aroden and possibly Irori.

Apparently it used to give out more ranks though, it's been drained by the last 3 fuckwits. THANKS IOMEDAE YOU CUNT
>>
>>43740028

Wait a second.

Anunnaki have seven mythic tiers.

If Aroden was an Anunnaki, drudging up the Starstone would have made him Mythic 9 with potentially three immediate ranks into Divine Source.
>>
>>43740050
>>43740028
Aroden specifically never took the Test, though, lads. He just set it up.
>>
File: tumblr_mtc0akqW7E1raomcgo1_500.gif (1011 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mtc0akqW7E1raomcgo1_500.gif
1011 KB, 500x374
>>43740028
>implying the God of Thieves and Secrets didn't absond with some Starstone chunks to make Divine Meth with
>>
>>43740050
Aroden didn't gain Divinity by the power of the Starstone, he gained it in his own right, with one of the miracles he performed to do so being raising it.

Also like i said, the book that talks about the Starstone test said it was drained.
>>
>>43740086

Thats still Mythic 8/9 from raising the Starstone, assuming Ancient Arodens is real.

That said, a developer in the Paizo thread confirmed Aroden was around pre-Earthfall.
>>
>>43740117
Why would you get tiers for raising the Starstone? He didn't take the test or anything. I mean, sure, it could be a mythic trial, but that's just a trial.
>>
>>43740117
Ancient Arodens performed a lot more than the prerequisite number of trials to hit 10 if he began as an Annunaki.
>>
>>43740066
>>43740086
>>43740117

So if Aroden didn't get Mythic from Starstone, and was apparently powerful before Earthfall ruined everything, that only supports the Anunnaki theory, since it would mean that he was always Mythic and just did more Civ Building until he capped out. Then he set up the Starstone so he'd have a backup plan in case he had to leave because of spilt spaghetti.

Add in the fact that Pharasma won't say anything about where he is, perhaps he's just mooching around in her bedroom until everything calms down and he can come back down again to do more Civ Building
>>
>>43740156
You understand there's other ways to become mythic than the Starstone?
>>
>the whole party is animals that would qualify as Mounts, Familiars, or Animal Companions, and were all uplifted by Annunaki
>it is now their task to make their ways in the world and, together, become accepted members of society or even heroes

Would you play this?
>>
>>43740200
Give them one tech coat and a hat to all hide in.
>>
>>43740156

Can't you lose a connection to your god if the God is far enough away from the planet? Like Zon-Kuthon and the gods of the Numerian starship crew?

If Aroden was an Anunnaki and returned to his home planet (either willing or not) then there would definitely be a severing of the divine connection.
>>
>>43740200
No. There's no particular reason for anunnaki to go around uplifting animals and I'd be afraid of creepy magical realms from past experience with /pfg/ players.
>>
File: ANCIENT_ALIENS.jpg (17 KB, 461x403) Image search: [Google]
ANCIENT_ALIENS.jpg
17 KB, 461x403
>>43740189
Yeah, but this is the most fun theory
>>
>>43736510
So... did I lose my mind, or does it look like Startoss Shower would actually be a useful feat for martials that gives a quasi-full attack with just a standard action?
>>
>>43740227
Fun is a magical realm anon.
>>
>>43740270
It even works with Vital Strike, kind of.
>>
>>43740270
You are not losing your mind. All attacks at full BAB too. But it only works against three to five enemies. It's useless against bosses but for clearing mooks with a chakram Xena style, it's pretty awesome.
>>
>>43735628
I got the opposite issue. I simply can't enjoy playing a class that doesn't have at least 2/3rd casting in it. That and the fact that any little nerf to spell casting gets me rather agitated is more of an issue that I have, but eh. I just think that characters should be balanced against say a wizard, rather than a bard. As most people would tend to say.
>>
>>43740380
>just think that characters should be balanced against say a wizard, rather than a bard.
Exalted, that's the game you're looking for. In PF, if everyone was a Wizard, the whole system would have to be reworked as everything would just collapse due to super-wizards screwing narrative left and right.
>>
>>43740369

...The Flying Blade Swashbuckler is going to be getting surpassed pretty hard by chakram fighters with this style, isn't it?
>>
>>43740270
>MoMS Monk
>Startoss and Pummeling styles at once
Beatdowns and shuriken galore
This pleases me. Actually these feats just make MoMS dipping even stronger of an option.
>>
>>43740270
Greate Cleave gives a quasi-full attack already if you like this sort of thing, as does whirlwind attack.
>>
>>43740486
A shame about the errata making it not front-loaded anymore.

>>43740513
haahahaaaahahahahahhaaahahahaaahahahahaha
>>
>>43740218
>trenchcoat and a hat

Are you sure that'll work?
>>
>>43740513
True, but those require several feat taxes before you can take them.
>>
>>43740413
Considering that at higher levels, you are more or less a god in any sort of respect. It should be appropriate for your abilities to reflect that.
>>
>>43740605
>Considering that at higher levels, you are more or less a god in any sort of respect.
Wrong. Go play Exalted if that's what you want.
>>
>>43740380
I don't think you understand why balancing around classes that have the ability to break pretty much any kind of plot you want to think of over their knee is a bad idea.
>>
>>43740605
>God
>Implying Wizards and Clerics are that weak
>>
>>43740691
>implying they're anywhere near as strong as a god
le epig maymays aside, they're infinitely weaker.
>>
>>43740703
Not infinitely. I'm almost positive PF defines gods as lvl 20 characters with more than 10 mythic ranks.
>>
>>43740719
They actually don't :^)
>>
>>43740719

No, they explicitly said that deities are too powerful to ever give stats to.

You can kill things with stats. You don't fight a god, they just allow you to lose.
>>
>>43740522
>A shame about the errata making it not front-loaded anymore.
Wait what? Explain.
>>
>>43740703
only on that god's specific personal realm.
but that's literally a home-turf advantage; one the caster has when anything else comes to HIS planes/astralseeds/etc instead.
>>
>>43740744
Yet you can kill the King in Yellow and Aechikek. Paizo only said that because they didn't want to stat Gods when people asked why you couldn't fight them like you could in 3.5. The only reason is Paizo induced DM fiat, despite the fact that at full Mythic you are basically a God, especially with Divine Source.
>>
>>43740741
Didn't realize, not sure where I came by my misconception.

>>43740744
Ah well
>>
>>43740875
>not sure where I came by my misconception.
It's because you can fight and kill Gods in 3.5, whereas Paizo decided to not stat thier Gods because they didn't want people fighting them.
>>
File: latest-1.png (113 KB, 200x283) Image search: [Google]
latest-1.png
113 KB, 200x283
What's /pfg/'s opinion on intelligent items? Have you ever had one, and if so, what were they like? Have you ever used a polymorph to let them experience being a living creature? How reasonable is it for a level 11 character to start with an intelligent item/weapon? Assuming average WBL. I'm trying to find some cool, flavorful items beyond the standard boosts, and intelligent items seem like they could be neat even if they can get ridiculously expensive.

Though, considering my GM put a greenlight on remaking some wondrous items as magic tattoos, I might be better off not bothering. Still curious though.
>>
>>43741090
I think they're a fucking retarded idea for the most part, but I hate most fantasy tropes that are "intelligent non-humanoid".

That being said, there are exceptions. Pic related is a good way to handle it.
>>
>>43741215
Racist much?
>>
File: rubilax.gif (459 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
rubilax.gif
459 KB, 480x270
>>43741090
Bladebound Magus is pretty cool, they're all about having an intelligent weapon.
>>
>>43740529
>>43740522
Whirlwind Attack has massive feat taxes, Great Cleave has stuff you want to use on that build anyway, much like Startoss, which requires even more feat investment for something just as terrible at actually hitting and that has less potential attacks because they are Capped at a normal full attack.

The style doesn't say the extra attacks are capped at 1+1/5, it says the total attacks. Meaning that third feat literally doesn't improve upon the previous feat in the chain until level 10.

There's no reason to use this over full attack.
>>
>>43740719
No, DEMIGODS are CR 26+ with 10 or more mythic ranks.
Gods have no stat blocks.
>>
>>43741232
I'm sorry if I think talking dogs, manticores, and dragons are dumb as shit.

At least sapient Dragons can occasionally be done right.
>>
>>43740849
To gain the divine abilities of a full god, you need 9 Mythic Tiers. Not 10, just nine. Gods just have tons of abilities on top of their Divine Source.
>>43741215
>Intelligent non-humanoid is a trope
That is so vast and vague it includes people with amputations at the knee. What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>43741318
Why the fuck would only humanoids be intelligent? What about having our limb layout makes us the only viable intelligent life form in your mind? Intellect is not held in the opposable thumb.
>>
What are some interesting non-combat feats a level 11 Brawler could take? I want to flesh out my character more than "I grapple everything".
>>
>>43741318
You must hate dolphins then.
>>
File: mmmmmmmm.jpg (11 KB, 230x219) Image search: [Google]
mmmmmmmm.jpg
11 KB, 230x219
>>43741475
>What? Oh come on, that girl is totally begging to get grappled! Look at what she's wearing!
>LOOK AT WHAT SHE'S WEARING?!?!? Do you have any idea what y~
>It's buttcheeks...
>>
>>43741354
>That is so vast and vague it includes people with amputations at the knee.
I'm pretty sure those are still humanoid, man.
>>43741354
It's honestly just a preference, I dislike Fae and 99.9% of Planar bullshit too. If I had to justify its probably tool use. I just can't think of a reason something would develope human intelligence or even DO with human intelligence if they're just going to live like a dumb fucking animal anyway.
>>43741530
>you must hate dolphins too
Actually I do.

Fucking bizarre sadistic sea rapists with prehensile dicks. Shit ain't natural.
>>
File: orko_313521_400x400[1].jpg (31 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
orko_313521_400x400[1].jpg
31 KB, 400x400
Can anybody give suggestions for Orko as a level 5 cohort? My pathfinder character is basically He-Man, and I already have a large size tiger animal companion to use as a mount.

Preferably something that can always levitate like he does. I'm thinking he could be a Svirfneblin maybe but I can't decide on class
>>
>>43741594
Anon is right.

Dolphins a shit.
>>
>>43741475
Leadership to set up a travelling circus style arena with the ringmaster as your cohort and the followers being the staff and some of the longer term gladiators.

Psychic Sensitivity for a bunch of very silly and mostly fluff uses of skills, plus access to some very strange feats.

Train Plants if you are willing to spend a lot of skills. It lets you train plants as though they were animals.

Truth in Wine lets you get drunk, then apparently this teaches you shit. Its related to that psychic skill unlock stuff.
>>
>>43741572
My DM let me use my strength modifier for seduction checks.
It's consensual baby
>>
>>43741594
How? They don't have feet.
They've lost their humanoid shape. They are still humans, but no longer humanoid. Unless we are talking PF rules, in which case their type just changes to humanoid (augmented).
>>
>>43741594
3.PF may not be the game for you. I suggest Barbarians of Lemuria instead, since you seem the kind of guy who prefers Low Fantasy

Also, non humanoids use tools too.
>>
File: KJZ2jUQm.png (410 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
KJZ2jUQm.png
410 KB, 500x500
>>43741763
>Unless we are talking PF rules, in which case their type just changes to humanoid (augmented).
>
>>
File: 1445916538073.jpg (143 KB, 662x854) Image search: [Google]
1445916538073.jpg
143 KB, 662x854
>>43741764
The thing is I *like* High Fantasy and stuff. I love Wizards and Psions and Weeaboo fighting magic. I like people shooting sword beams and shitting fireballs.
>>
I know that most maneuvers are melee-specific, but are most COUNTERS melee specific?

Can you just use any counter with a bow?

What if your bow also counts as a melee weapon?
>>
>>43741870
So you want some kind of autistic HFY setting that takes away cool stuff like centaur, dragons, cay hounds, aboleth or whatever else and instead everybody has two arms and two legs and fights devils and angels with two arms and two legs.

Or are wings and tails too much for you? There is no fantasy in what you want, what you want is a video game in which the art team doesn't have the budget to create any animation skeletons except human.
>>
>>43741870
Then if there High Fantasy Magic Bullshit, why are you so rustled by non-humanoids, when it's very nature allows for all manner of strange beings. Heck, I'm actually surprised most settings don't take advantage of Cephelapodic races considering that they are known to be able to solve complex problems and manipulate objects. Corvids as well are know for tool usage.

In fantasy, Nagas dress in jewelry and collect Mystic tomes, Dragons bear torcs and enjoy creature comforts, and Magic can be used by creatures to be able to mitigate the need for fine manipulatory limbs to use tools, or they just shoot eye lazors and do things. Beholders are known to use both Telekinesis and thier tongues to manipulate objects, Aboleths have thier tentacles. Etc.

Really, its like your asking for peas and carrots, then getting pissy when you see carrots on your plate.
>>
>>43741961
What like Decapus and Aboleths? They really DO take advantage of cepelapodic races, hell in my setting cuttlefish that use their tentacles as legs and arms are a core race. Don't ask, i didn't write them, i just DM.
>>
>>43741870
You can still have crazy shit in a low fantasy setting. Just look at Conan the Barbarian or King Arthur. They still had wizards shitting fireballs and magic swords and such.

I don't see why people in this thread are trying to act like low fantasy is a dirty word. There's nothing wrong with a humans only fantasy setting. Not every game has to be Tolkein with furries
>>
File: big1_001.jpg (116 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
big1_001.jpg
116 KB, 400x400
>>43741870
> I love Wizards
I take this part back, fuck Wizards. Point is I also dislike low fantasy stuff like Barbarians of Lemuria.

I like most fantasy jobs and practices, I just hate most fantasy creatures as presented in pathfinder.
>>43741924
What's with the insults man? Centaurs,Naga, etc are fine. Dragons are fine provided they're just very dangerous beasts, like in Monster Hunter.
>HFY
Nah, I'm cool with other races. This is more like bipedialism fuck yeah? Is that a thing?

>devils and angels with two arms and two legs.
Nah, but blatantly bestial looking demons/angels should look and act like beasts
>>43741961
Everyone has that thing that breaks their suspension of disbelief, and that thing is often arbitrary and hypocritcal
>>43742034
I meant that in that I dislike "OMG MAGIC/SUPERNATUTRAl STUFF IS SO RARE YOU GUYS" which low fantasy tends to end up as.

Maybe its because I grew up with JRPGS and the like being my initial exposure to fantasy so its hard to find TTRPG that fit my "ideal" of fantasy.
>>
>>43742034

>Everyone forgets the craziness of Conan. Sad
>>
>>43742034
Low Fantasy is a dirty word here because we play Pathfinder. Trying to combine low fantasy and pathfinder is like mixing bleach into your breakfast cereal.

It has its own merits certainly, but not anywhere near this game. As far away from this game as possible. Perhaps in gurps or that barbarians of lemuria thing.
>>
>>43742064
Okay then, I guess I understand where your coming from, even if I don't have the same tastes, and the fact that you admit it being a taste thing is fine then. Personally, as a Wildlife Biology Major, I love to twist and turn racial idea around to see what sticks and to act as postulation mechanisms, as well as delve into the philosophical inquiries of what makes a person. Unfortunately, I've yet to find a good Fantasy setting that fulfills that itch, though Kirkbride TES gets a little close.
>>
>>43739010
>>
>>43742142
>>43742064
Also the people who want to play Low Fantasy and come into a high fantasy game to do so are almost certainly people who don't know anything about said game and just saw the movie version of conan, the movie version of lord of the rings, game of thrones or some other low fantasy TV show/movie. Those kind of people are horrible.
>>
>>43742139
Comprehend Languages.

Lets you understand all spoken and written languages.
>>
>>43741725
Thanks buddy
>>
>>43742269
Talk to your DM if you do take leadership, most of them are very afraid of the broken potential of it. But if you explain what you want and how its NOT an item crafter or a second combat character that covers you in buffs, he should be okay with it.
>>
File: 1445832355110.jpg (211 KB, 550x778) Image search: [Google]
1445832355110.jpg
211 KB, 550x778
somewhat off topic, but I've been running a typical pathfinder high fantasy campaign in Roll20, set in a dwarven mountain kingdom. all of my maps are hand drawn, in a bad way. i can't draw for shit. does anybody have good sources for digital map tiles?
>>
File: images.jpg (3 KB, 114x114) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
3 KB, 114x114
Talking with current gaming group about our next game.

Someone says they want to play this 3pp race.
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/humanoids/dark-stalker-tohc

MFW
>>
>>43742506
What is this? A smoker for ants?
Also yeah, you're player is nuts. I would not allow this at a table, and this is coming from someone who adores 3pp. Tell him to nit be a dweeb, and play a Fetchling if he want to be a shadow-person
>>
So how has Numeria not conqued all of Golarion yet? They have robots and lasers where most places don't have casters that are a) powerful enough to reliably fight these things and b) won't demand exorbitant amounts of money/tribute/concessions to actually do so on the kingdom/republic/tribe's behalf.
>>
>>43742506
Have everyone play a similarly powered race. Drow Nobles, Trox, Duergar Tyrants and other races clearly designed for monsters rather than players. For players who want to play a more traditional race, let them take templates!

Don't be like >>43742552 and discount the idea before thinking it through. Joining an existing campaign as that race wouldn't work, but you can during setup change the game to cater to a different level of balance.

Wouldn't it be nice to play a game in which players can use some crazy ass races for once?
>>
>>43742506
Tell him to play a caligni.

>>43742600
Neither does Numeria. They can't control the shit like annihilators.
>>
>>43742602
Here's the problem, all of the other players have only played the game once.

They are still level 4 in their first game.

I'm not really sure they're ready for that kind of power level.
>>
>>43742609
So the reason is the robots hate them?

Okay, that's fair.
>>
>>43742602
>Trox
Trox are weak as shit dude. They can pack a punch...and that's it. They're a terrible race.
>>
>>43742637
Isn't there a canon tribe a Numerian Orcs that try to tame robots rodeo style?

And some succeed?

I remember hearing that, but that sounds too awesome for paizo to write.
>>
>>43742637
Yeah, all the tech stuff is from one fucking huge alien ship that crashed a while ago. The robots and stuff are rampaging around uncontrolled.
>>
>>43742667

That was in the Races of the Inner Sea or whatever.
>>
>>43742602
Did you not read that race? Those powers and SLA, no stat weaknesses, and everything else?

Trox are fine, mainly because they still have inherent weaknesses to help balance things out. Drow Nobles are redundant as a race though, and shouldn't exist
>>
>>43742600
Most of the surrounding nations DO have casters that powerful though. They just aren't all on that nation's side. Invade Ustalav? Prepare to fight hordes of powerful vampires and their ilk. The worldwound? GOOD FUCKING LUCK. Razmiran has Razmir and a huge number of spellcasters in his priesthood. Most of the River Kingdoms are ruled by badass adventurers.

But the main reason is that no one faction controls Numeria. A united Numeria might be able to wage war against other people, but its split up between the Technic League, some very strong barbarians, a host of smaller towns, the various monsters that live there, a fucking cyber-lich, space monsters, the insane robots that just want to kill everything they see and a host of other shit.

It's like asking "why the abyss just wipe out Mendev, they outnumber them by millions". Most of the demons of the worldwound are not united, they actively work against each other.
>>
>>43742639
I've never actually read Trox's race page until now, i just heard they were strong. Wow, i'd actually consider allow this in a regular campaign.
>>
>>43742693
Yes i read the race. Like i said, hand out templates like crazy to everyone else. Make it a ridiculously high power campaign. Its based on a gimmick so you can keep it short.

Let players play as giant half dragon worms that walk alongside that thing.
>>
This probably will not get answered, but it's worth a shot.

Curse of the Crimson Throne question.
My players are wrapping up Devargo tonight, and they're going to be asking who he's been working with to push his drugs deep into the city. Now, obviously it's the Arkonas behind it, the book mentions they're the ones paying his vice taxes, so I spun that into a slightly bigger story.

So when they stitch Devargo up, he's gonna have to give up his benefactors. This is what I'm not sure about. I feel like if I mention the Arkona Family being behind it, it will make them to focus of the story, and the players will chomp at the bit trying to get at them.

The only defense I see is that, being a rich noble family, they likely are distant enough from the crime organization that nothing can tie to them, but having Marshal Kroft just say "Sorry, we can't do anything about them since there's no evidence" might sound like a bit of a cop-out.

Thoughts? Should I just drop the Arkona bomb this early in the game, and then try and sweep it into the background? Or should I try and find a way to obscure it, and have Devargo just say "I don't know who is behind it, just a faceless organization" or something?
>>
>>43742726
That trips condition B which is "won't demand way too much money/power/whatever to protect the nations rather than their own holdings." Which, come to think of it, is actually kind of a useless condition considering that keeping the nations intact so they can conquer them themselves is generally within even the villains' best interests.
>>
>>43742693
But Drow Noble isn't even OP if you're playing a martial, SLAs or not.
>>
>>43742834
I didn't say they were OP, I said they were pointless and redundant.
>>
>>43741594
>Fucking bizarre sadistic sea rapists with prehensile dicks. Shit ain't natural.
Anon's right. Why we haven't massacred the dolphins yet is beyond me.
>>
>>43742824
It doesn't matter if they protect the human villages, because they will fight Numeria either way. Either to protect their own lands from Numeria or just take Numeria's lands for themselves. Even a middle aged dragon is powerful enough to bring down robots and will have hoards (not hordes) of servants after they use their intellect to loot the robots and technological gear for themselves.

All they need is to take the technologist feat, then its all over for Numeria. Ancient Red CYBERDRAGONS.
>>
File: [terrified neighing].gif (1 MB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
[terrified neighing].gif
1 MB, 540x540
>>43742923
>Ancient Red Cyberdragons

GAME OVER MAN
>>
>>43742923

It needs to be blood dragons.

Less horror, more 80s cyberpunk.
>>
>>43742911
The Japanese are trying their damnedest.
>>43742923
>Dragons
>Manipulating things with their BIG SCALEY CLAWS
Nah.

Anyway robots would wreck dragons with their shitty touch AC.
>>
>>43742962

>tfw all the centaur in APs are boring

Theyre all women too, which was handled really hamfisted.
>>
>>43743038
>>Dragons
>>Manipulating things with their BIG SCALEY CLAWS
>Nah.
Dragons are innately magical, and can make magical items. Plus many of them can polymorph to a more convenient shape, or just use Magic to shape things with telekinesis, or give the instruction manual to your Kobold slaves and guide them through the process.
>>
>>43742962
>tfw can't be aroused by this gif because I know the rest of her is a horse
>>
>>43743050
It's less magical realm than male centaurs showing the female PCs what "hung like a horse" really means
>>
>>43743081
>letting that stop you
What are you, gay?
>>
File: Red Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon.jpg (435 KB, 544x544) Image search: [Google]
Red Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon.jpg
435 KB, 544x544
>>43743011
NOT SO FAST EDGY 80s CYBERPUNK ANON!
I'll summon my stupid weeb Red Eys Darkness Metal dragon! Then he can bring back some stupidass dragon, do some kind of ridiculous combo and bring out Cyber Dragon Infinity in a combo so long you can't believe its actually consistent and a staple!
>>43743038
>Not just casting Alter Self or using a magic item from their hoard to cast Alter Self
Most dragons can take humanoid form. Then all they need to do is reprogram the labs to create cyber limbs and ray guns designed for their (very dextrous considering) claws. Or even mentally activated items plugged into cyber implants.

Lasers do fire damage, the shock weapons do electricity. The dragon can literally just use a potion to get the resistance it doesn't have.
>>
>>43743066

Techno-dragon CEOs?
>>
>>43743157
>Vote Dunkelzahn
>>
>>43743066
>or just use Magic to shape things with telekinesis
How "fine" is telekinesis anway? Can it handle circuitry.
>or give the instruction manual to your Kobold slaves and guide them through the process.
I see two situations here
>zZZZAAAAAAPPPP
>BOOOM
>lots of dead kobolds, for every inch the dragon loses a mile
or
>Kobolds learn how to into tech, build tiny power armor suits and wrech dragon. You know have kobold cyber soldiers on your hands.
>>43743121
>lasers
>implying they won't get chewed up by ballistic fire.
Although I don't remember if numeric bots employed ballistic weapons.
>>
>>43743091

The scary thing is this sounds like a reason behind the lack of male centaurs, Paizo are insecure.

And horse dick.

Though that's debatable because male centaurs canonically are kept very busy as protected studs in the herd.
>>
>>43743200
>>Kobolds learn how to into tech, build tiny power armor suits and wrech dragon. You know have kobold cyber soldiers on your hands.
Or they become pic related
Are you ready to slake that thirst?

Also you ignored the Polymorph bit.
>>
>>43743200
>Implying kobolds would turn against a dragon just because they can.

Do you even god-worship?
>>
>>43743200
None of them use ballistic weapons i know of, because of the practical issue of reloading an internalized weapon, most of them use energy weapons so it runs off their innate power source.

Even if you bring humans armed with ballistic weapons (of which there are very few), then you are just leaving yourself open to protection from arrows, blur, mirror image, Bullet Shield or just flying more than 100 feet away since if you have a line breath weapon it will probably go further than that and even if you don't most of your spells will hit that far.

This is a lot like the hundreds of crossbowmen thing, except crossbows aren't rare gear fought over by everyone in Numeria because of how scarce they are and don't require extensive obscure training to use. Even if you somehow got a horde of rail gun wielding robots, they could all be one turn killed by a Blue dragon due to their extreme weakness to electricity.
>>
File: Tattooed01.jpg (38 KB, 400x528) Image search: [Google]
Tattooed01.jpg
38 KB, 400x528
>>43741238
Bladebound's pretty cool and I do intend to play one sometime, but I'm building up a sorcerer right now. I was looking for a good way to flavor my usage of Blood Money. Spending 10k on a weapon tattoo to always have a dagger handy, then another 20k+ on an intelligent magic dagger capable of casting lesser restoration and cure light wounds is probably an obscene waste of money.

Having so many choices, and a very open-minded GM, is both a blessing and a curse.
>>
>>43743200
Are you not aware that kobolds are one of the most industrious races there is?

They'd jump on technology like a dog on an ass flavored biscuit. They LOVE things that aren't impacted negatively by their poor strength, it's why they like things like guns and traps.

There might be some teething issues, but kobolds are the race who'd probably make the most use of high technology, and do it fastest.
>>
What sort of color would you say a redeemed black dragon would go?
Lead? Tin?
Dicklust?
>>
>>43743976
>Lead Dragon
>Radiation breath

Oh yes. Yes.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.