[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your opinion on enemies with giant, glaring weak
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 432x324) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 432x324
What's your opinion on enemies with giant, glaring weak spots? For example, in (pic) the robot has a giant symbol on the top of it that allows for a 1-hit kill
>>
>>43732856
yeah but isn't it implied that all of xana's monsters are impervious to everything except the weak spot hits
>>
>>43732856
Good for video games, can be okay in table top, so long as it's inventive.
>>
>>43732876
Xana's monster were plot device, so to kill them you need to hit them as many time as the plot need you to hit them.
>>
File: 215533242_LNgtz-1050x10000.jpg (156 KB, 1050x547) Image search: [Google]
215533242_LNgtz-1050x10000.jpg
156 KB, 1050x547
>>
>>43732876
Pretty much everything except the megatanks could simply be dismembered or slashed at to kill it. The symbol was just a quick and simple off-button.
>>
Why was Xana such a dick? I didn't follow it long enough to know about that.
>>
>>43733016
Something something child on death bed. Something something upload her mind. Something something error when she was uploaded.
>>
>>43733039
An AI gone mad? I was hoping it would be something more interesting than that.
>>
>>43733039
that's bullshit. xana's a dick b/c it's only interested in survival and it sees the kids as a threat
>>
So /tg/, what did Jeremy's Lyoko avatar look like?
>>
>>43733063
But they only want to get rid of it because it's a dick. Shouldn't we have been past the paranoid AI cliche by the time of whenever this was written?
>>
>>43733110
In the books he is said to be an elf like pinkbitch.
>>
>>43733016
It's an IA that they (almost) never personified or give motive. It just does what it does because it is what it is. Kinda rare to see such a non character remain like that actually.
>>
>>43733113
yeah they want to get rid of it because it's a dick, but humans don't exactly take kindly to ais and it knows this so it's p much trying to kill everyone. they couldn't outright shut lyoko down until they had saved aelita and when they did that it escaped lyoko

but you're right it's p cliche
>>
>>43733146
They thought Aelita was an AI though.
>>
>>43733113
I mean, why would an AI not be hyperparanoid? We've been writing fiction about AI going rogue after seeing us use them for labor and killing us long before AI was even a thing, much less the theoretical one capable of doing anything crazy that doesn't exist yet.

If you were born into the world as a unique being only to discover your creators had been prepared to murder you the second you fell out of line, you'd probably either fall in line and live in some manner of misery or you'd find the one thing they didn't prepare for and fuck them with it.
>>
>>43733168
some plot shit happened and they found out she wasn't
>>
>>43733130
>letting his waifu influence what he looks like
What a beta.
>>
>>43732856
>Giant enemy crab
>hit its weak spot
They had to have known.
>>
>>43733016
It was made to survive. It took one look at humanity and shit itself. It seeks to eliminate mankind to secure its own survival. The kids know the most about it and pose the most serious threat.
>>
I always wanted to run a game in this setting, despite the impracticality of it.
>>
File: image.jpg (783 KB, 2480x1240) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
783 KB, 2480x1240
if enemies have glaring weakspots , it either should be only weak against a certain damage type , or let the players reveal it first (burst the armor away)

like pic related , break the mask and you can kill magical slug in 2 hits
>>
>>43734594
I haven't seen an episode of it in years and my inner child really wants to play it. When was the last episode aired again? I think the last episode I saw was when the one where the pink-haired not-AI character got her brain drained by the squid thing. It was a new episode too.
>>
>>43732856
It's not a robot, it's a program
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>43732856
>giant glaring weakspot
Hitting the symbol doesn't kill them, it's just that hitting the legs doesn't really do any damage and the only other thing to hit is the main body, so they usually end up stabbing/shooting it through the body.

You might as well say that nipples are a symbol over our giant glaring weak spot because if you aim for one and stab someone all the way through the torso it's a 1-hit kill. Weakpoints are usually the hardest thing to actually hit BECAUSE they're the easiest thing to hit. Just look at human heads. a lovetap on your temple could just straight up kill you, BUT it's also really damn hard to actually hit someone in the temple in a fight because we naturally protect our heads more fiercely than anything else. Which means the best strategy to taking down something is usually to chip away at it's stronger but less defended parts, rather than try and destroy what will me most fiercely guarded.

Actually, most things have glaring weakspots, it's because it's usually more functional to put all your weakness into one condensed area so that you can protect it better. Like how tanks are weak in the back. They didn't decide "well let's make it fair and give tanks a weak spot", it's that the design necessitates a degree of weakness, so they put it in the back to make it easiest to defend.

So I would say I'm for it, it's satisfying to do all the damage in one blow, and if you're not a shit DM you'll make them work fucking hard for a shot at it.
>>
>>43733210
>implying he didn't manipulate her appearance from the start.
It's not like he couldn't, they established that he can pretty much change them however he wants to justify a mid show costume change.
>>
>>43736805
Last GOOD episode?

Or last episode in general, because it got a sequel series that's every kind of shit imaginable.
>>
>>43733016
Xana had some underlying mission, it's implied, but went rogue shortly before the supercomputer was shut down.

Afterwards, the attacks were mostly just trying to kill off the main characters because they were the only ones who knew about the supercomputer so if they die, then nothing stands in the way.

Then Xana escaped to the internet and the attacks remained attempts to kill the main characters because they went hunting for Xana through the internet. Somehow.

I THINK the end goal was make a robot army and take over the world, but I'm not sure.
>>
>>43737546
I've read that Xana had the order to remain secret, so it may be a "robot law" flaw thing.

However, the biggest question remain : who pay the supercomputer electricity bills?
>>
>>43737603
It has a built in nuclear reactor, and the plot of one episode was finding a way to get fuel to keep it running.
>>
>>43732856
>What's your opinion on enemies with giant, glaring weak spots?
Better than having your own giant, glaring weak spots.

I personally have always objected to the one I have dangling between my legs. Call me unimaginative, but I prefer it when the organs are on the INSIDE of the body.
>>
>>43737623
Damn, didn't remember that. A chance Xana doesn't have suicidal tendencies.
>>
>>43732876
Were Zedd's putties like that? I know XANA's monsters had their own hit points that could be depleted.
>>
>>43733110
I don't think they ever showed it. I always figured it'd be some high-tech cyber suit with lasers.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.