[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
pathfinder saves and shatter
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 204.png (81 KB, 352x322) Image search: [Google]
204.png
81 KB, 352x322
So my DM has a pathfinder mythic game going on and I am the cleric; took the spell mythic shatter. the next day the DM asks me about how did i bypass hardness on a magic greatsword i shattered. I showed to him the descriptor that says magic objects are damaged as if they were a crystalline creature and only get fort save for half. The next thing i know he rules that magic items both get a will save to negate outright and the fort save for half AND then hardness. He also ruled that crystalline creatures get both saves as well. i feel that this ruling is completely bullshit, outside of dm has final say, but if there is anything that says something can get two saves in one standard or a better descriptor for crystalline creatures. i certainly would like the reference location cause I can't find it.
>>
>>43732777

No. GM rules and that is final. Deal with it.
>>
>>43732794

it's more like the dm got pissy at me
>>
>>43732962
suggest switching to E6, so you can feel epic, while keeping the bullshit to a level your DM can deal with.
>>
Way to namefag, way to play the worst thing to happen to P&P RPGs since 3.5, and way to complain about a decision your DM ultimately gets to make since you agreed to play a game with him as the DM.
>>
>>43732777
DM's say is final. Ask for a different spell because its been nerfed to the ground. If he nerfs that one too ask why he's picking on you.
>>
>>43732777
Ask to choose another spell instead of that then. If I got you right he put three defenses against that spell when it normally only has one. That spell is definetly not worth it.
>>
>>43732777
Your DM is full of shit, trying to nerf something that isn't even especially powerful. As for all the people spouting "HURR DURR DM FINAL SAY!!!", no. The players have the final say, because when all the players walk away because the DM is being a dickwad, the DM can't say shit.

D&D is a collaborative game, nobody is "in charge". The DM gets to guide the action only because the players agree to allow it. You shouldn't try to just outright contradict your DM, but your DM should certainly be talking things over with the players before making rulings like this. Especially shit rulings that only exist because the DM's monster got their special magic weapon shattered and the DM didn't know how to adapt.

Your DM is clearly not experienced enough to be running Mythic Adventures, if the fucking shatter spell is the sort of thing they think needs a nerf.
>>
Your DM is inexperienced and messing with things he doesn't know about. Shatter is completely fine. Instead of acting maturely and either taking you aside, looking for a better way to nerf the apparent overpoweredness by reading the damn books or just letting you have it, he decided to make your spell useless.

He should not be running things he doesn't know how to deal with appropriately.
>>
>>43732777
E6, SHAZBOT.
>>
>>43738750
Shatter is a 2nd level spell. How the fuck will E6 fix the problem of a DM that thinks fucking SHATTER is overpowered?
>>
>>43738772
GET A NEW GM, SHAZBOT

SHAZBOT
H
A
Z
B
O
T
>>
>>43738466
>>43738623
Why are these posts so underrated?!
>>
>>43732794
Rule Zero is such strange concept when applied across all games forever. It's an arbitrary mentality in such a collaborative game. Sure it works for some tables but not every group needs to be held at the mercy of the ref.

The GM only has as much power as the group gives him. Of course he controls the world but without players he's just a sad sack director putting on a show without actors.
>>
>>43738926
My guess would be that only forever-GM's that hate their players are answering.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.